Speaker 1: Oh no, don't cough.
Speaker 2: Sampi do kid, cas t Drew, what's gonna be?
Speaker 1: Will tell you.
Speaker 3: What's Si Rachel been like?
Speaker 1: Simpi kid. It's their life, Rick, you win everything from checkson Vanilla to Chrispys. Hello, Andrew, Hello, Scott, Welcome to episode ninety six of Serial Killers. Yay, we're here.
Speaker 3: We're here. We're doing the episodes for you, guys, no matter where you are. We know this might be a nice little disconnect for you, so we made sure to record a ton of these in advance.
Speaker 1: Yes, everyone else has pretty much bailed the radio station and it is now down to a skeleton. Staph I would say, yeah, and but we wanted to make sure that we had episodes for you to listen to, so there's some sense of normalcy in your life every Monday and Friday. That's the best we can do.
Speaker 3: Yes, exactly, great way to put it, Scott.
Speaker 1: Well, this is episode number ninety six, and you know what ninety six reminds me of, Andrew, Oh God, here comes the song. No, it's not a song, but it reminds me of nineteen ninety six. And you are a child of the nineties. Well, you have a baby of the nineties.
Speaker 3: No, I was five in nineteen ninety six.
Speaker 1: Okay, so in nineteen ninety six. Okay, you were five, So in nineteen ninety six. You should definitely know this show. I only know it because I have kids, And they continued on into the two thousands. This show debuted in nineteen ninety six. Ready, you got to get it within like the first five seconds, because then it gives it away. Here we go.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, what hurry clothes?
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, Blues Clues. Yeah. Man, so I'm very impressed. Wait, okay, so and there's Steve. That's right. What happened with Steve? Didn't something happen.
Speaker 3: Steve after it went off the deep end a little bit rugs or something? Yeah, Apparently the rumor goes that he stopped doing Blues Clues because he was balding.
Speaker 1: Oh, he could have just put a hat on.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, I guess Steve couldn't wear a hat.
Speaker 1: Okay, thanks Nickelodeon. Yeah, you know, I mean, Blues Clues never had a cereal There were the Blues Clues, like there was Blues Clues, Mac and Cheese Craft had that. There were Blues Clues band aids. I mean, there was Blues Clues Everything, which is no cereal, which is surprising because it was a very popular show.
Speaker 3: And he had the handy Dandy notebook, Yes he did. I loved it, and you had drawing in it was magic and it was so special. I loved that show.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And then there was a he Beat in nineteen ninety six.
Speaker 1: Ninety six.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: Then there was a comedy at night. You should know this just from the very beginning. You must. It's still in syndication. It's it's in repeats like forever. I know you're ready.
Speaker 3: The nanny. No, oh my god, this is killing me.
Speaker 1: Not home in proof find No oh Andrew? Uh, everybody hates Andrew? Everybody what really from that? You can't even get that. Everybody hates Andrew all in the family. Everybody loves Raymond, you dope.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, everybody loves ray You should. But again, I only saw it with my family on like random time.
Speaker 1: But why when you watch it now, it's on like TBS every ten minutes.
Speaker 3: I'm so good on that. Going back to old six comes is never as fun. Although I will say one of them to go back and watch that. I wish they would put on like a Netflix The Brady Bunch.
Speaker 1: Brady Bunch is on some channel like Antenna TV or one of those, because I see it in the afternoon sometimes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm always looking to watch the like just an episode of The Brady Bunch that always sounds fun.
Speaker 1: Could do one more for nineteen ninety six. You will have no idea all right, whatsoever? Okay, and you have to get it within like the first five seconds, but then it gives it away. So I'm just gonna play it, okay, that's right.
Speaker 3: So I can't talk about Seven Heaven.
Speaker 1: Why the dad? Oh he touched toys?
Speaker 3: Yeah, not so great.
Speaker 1: Danielle told me that one of the twins on the show just died. One of the Yeah, I got into a car accident or something like that.
Speaker 3: To be honest, Seventh Heaven was never a show I watched when it was on, although they did used to play advertisings for it when it was The w when that because it used to be the WB. Right, they had an episode where they were huffing paint cans, and I remember that was the only episode Seventh Heaven I ever watched. What Yeah, they were like, it's an epidemic, and I really thought everybody was huffing paint cans in the nineties, but apparently it wasn't that as big as Seventh Heaven made it seem.
Speaker 1: Is that when you snifflake spray paint and you get gold stuff all over your face.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I guess a little bit.
Speaker 1: I've seen that in lots of episodes, but yeah, that was that was there anyway. But by the way, I was on the Jessica Beale bandwagon way before anybody else. I was in love with her when Seventh Heaven came out. In love I had pictures of her. Nevermind, I'm not going to get into it, but I just and she lives right down the street, don't her. And Justin like have an a.
Speaker 3: Carmenta my first named Justin.
Speaker 1: No, Justin's just down the street. Anyway. This is Serial Killers, not TV killers. So let's go down to the cereal sack. And I told you a few episodes ago that we were like really scraping the barrel here as you said, the box. Basically, what this is it's the cereal dust. Yeah, that's all that's left. Yeah, because we really don't have anything left. Cereal aisles are empty, so we just have to kind of go with what we have.
Speaker 3: I love it.
Speaker 1: You're ready, Yeah, it's okay. I'm going to go down here. This is one of our favorites. Came out in nineteen eighty eighty. It's a knockoff Maultimeal. I love Multimia scooters. It is not scooters. This one's pretty old. This one is gonna be the honey Smacks knockoff. Okay, golden puffs, you know what. I love honey Smacks, so I am in. I bet these are gonna be good. Multimeal has not disappointed. They really haven't. I don't believe that we've had a Multimeal cereal.
Speaker 3: We were like the blueberry muffin toasters still here, people still eat them, and the fruity Dino bites were gone within like days.
Speaker 1: I feel like there was one. If you go back and listen to malto Mania way back like last August or whatever, when I had the little sample cups that I stole from the camp, there was one of them that we didn't like. I don't recall which it was.
Speaker 3: You have to go check it out, but maybe it was frosted scooters.
Speaker 1: I don't know. This is a strong bag.
Speaker 3: Listen, you know what what was the advertising it's on the bottom shelf.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, it was that little guy that would scoot along the bottom because I love that, and I tell you it's it's nice to see that.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: While all the cereals are all sold out, Multimeal is gone too, so people are taking everything. Yeah, they're buying it doesn't matter what it is.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna say that our listeners are the ones who are like, you know what, Andrew and Scottie really recommended this. Multi Male's right, and you know what.
Speaker 1: It's good for Maltimeal because people are just buying whatever second they've never had before ever, so they're trying new things. Yes, and this could be a boost for Multimeal.
Speaker 3: And our podcast.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 3: People are buying cereal and saying, oh my god, I hate this. I wonder who else hates this? And then they find our podcast.
Speaker 1: Thank you for stealing the organic Valley two percent milk from upstairs? Oh, no problem, there's no one on that floor anymore, so we might as well just use their milk.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're really making do with what we have.
Speaker 1: Why not? All right, spoon They look just like Honey Smacks or Super Crisp Gold I like that they do ready one, two, three, hmmm. It's just like them identical. There's not quite as like coated or sweet. It's really good though, I like it. Four bowls and spoon, I have to agree. Four bowls in a spoon, Multimele Golden Puff cereal. And this one's in a box.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I forgot they're usually in.
Speaker 1: The bad I found this one at the Dollar Store. Yeah, was that one the Dollar Tree? I found it at the Dollar Tree. Oh yeah, so this box was a dollar I like it at the Dollar Tree. I don't understand when it's like a different price at the Dollar Store, like I found them. There's a store hold everything ninety nine cents. Yeah, and the tag even says everything ninety nine cents, but the cups were five ninety nine. I don't get it. I guess maybe they just mean everything ends in ninety nine cents a hole. Yeah, we had a ninety nine cent dream in Jersey City, boy. And then what ended up happening was, you know, they were jacking up the price at Pyrel and now they own ninety thousand dollars for it because for every item that they were up charging, they charge them ten grand that's when they change it to ninety nine cents and up. A lot of places will do that.
Speaker 3: I don't think it's going to be a dollar store anymore.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 1: So this next cereal, I don't know when it came out. I really don't. I couldn't find it.
Speaker 3: That's fine.
Speaker 1: I'm usually pretty good with my cereal years. This could be relatively newer, could be around for a while. The box is new, but I think they just changed the box. So it's a Quaker variety. One of these days. Your dad's still gonna come in dress as a Quaker. He's planning on it, all right, is he getting his costume?
Speaker 3: He wants to come in, but without the Quaker.
Speaker 1: I told you that's not acceptable, not acceptable. All right, it's Quaker. It's a simply branola, so it's not going to be bad. This is another well oh toney raisins and almonds.
Speaker 3: That's a lot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's here, right, I'm gonna throw it at you very heavy. It's extremely heavy, right, Okay.
Speaker 3: I feel like at some point like stop adding words and start making the box later. Yeah, of course, this is an excellent source of fiber. It's all there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so, oh you know what, I found a jingle. Hold on, I do.
Speaker 2: Shake your cereal shake.
Speaker 1: So according to the back, it is simply delicious Quaker simply granola, has the great taste of almonds and honey, satisfying crunch, genuine whole grain Quaker oats. Enjoy it with milk over yogurt, or as a snack on the go.
Speaker 3: I have to get something off my chest. Golden Puff's milk. Yeah, also honey smacks milk so good. Delicious sugar residue, It's like sweet.
Speaker 1: Milk residue is not a very good word. Maybe the sugar, like the Golden Puffs mold at the bottom. All right, let's get in here. You know what, it's very possible that there's a zip seal on this bag.
Speaker 3: List you eat something, because that is a heavy bag.
Speaker 1: There is not, so you're not happy. Nah, they should because you know what, if you don't eat a lot of it right at first, you can't roll the bag down. If you can't roll the bag down, that's when it goes bad. And that's why old people like my grandparents put them in those tuppleware containers.
Speaker 3: Oh that you despise hate it? Yeah, I wonder how many people who are quarantining right now have put the cereal in bins like that.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean it only if they're opening to keep it fresh. I mean, I have probably about thirty boxes of cereal in my basement right now. Wow, but we've reviewed all of them, so we just have to eat them now.
Speaker 3: Oh god, well, I mean now that we have a cereal library.
Speaker 1: Cooper's all about the Lucky Charms, like she als'll eat is Lucky Trimes and I love it.
Speaker 3: I used to go through cereals like, oh, I can only eat the cereal right now.
Speaker 1: A few weeks ago, she made a leprechaun trap out of the Lucky Charms box for St. Patrick's Day. There really wasn't much going on for Saint Patrick's Day, so she had a trap a leprechaun.
Speaker 3: Does she believe the leprechauns?
Speaker 1: I think so because she's like nobody drank the green water because my wife put a cup of green water next to the leprechaun trap, and.
Speaker 3: That was like never a thing when I was a kid.
Speaker 1: No, Well, kids have to find things to do now, all right, here we go.
Speaker 3: Glo for a lot.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 3: I like it, but.
Speaker 1: I'm not sure that the raisins do very well in there.
Speaker 3: No, it's a lot of competition.
Speaker 1: Everything this fighting for each other's you know, the raisin and the albums are fighting for your attention. It's not quite sure. And look at the size of this raisin.
Speaker 3: I feel like a Mike tyson Ko from eating the granola and all of a sudden getting hit with like a cluster of them, and.
Speaker 1: That raisin was crunchy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think I'm gonna give us three balls.
Speaker 1: I do enjoy it because I'd like that taste of honey granola. I really do so. Three balls in a spoom re quaker simply granola. We've done many simply granolas before. Yeah, but yeah, three balls in a spoom for me. Yeah, fam, I have a surprise for you. Well, it's not really surprise, it's just a challenge.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 3: First, let's hit this Serial Killers in turn National.
Speaker 1: We have lots of listeners that send us cereals. Yes, they go to all these little foreign markets in their neighborhood or they bring them back from wherever they travel. And now today we're going to do well. It's a battle, and it's the battle of Polish nest quicks oh.
Speaker 3: Boy, wait, are we doing four cereals in this episode?
Speaker 1: There are, and I'm going to show you why in a second. Let me go down to the cereal sack.
Speaker 3: Ooh that cereal crack is out too.
Speaker 1: Okay, now, our listener Roman and our listener Caroline, they were so great to us and sent us a whole bunch of cereals. So these are both Polish cereals. Yeah, so they're both from the Polish market. One is Nest Quick cereal and one is Nest Quick Duo cereal.
Speaker 3: So one is chocolate vanilla, one's just chocolate.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I can't read it. You can't read Polish, Max Schizongois. I don't know what it says, but it says no palm oil and I love that. Okay. It's got lots of VITTB three and vit B five and VITTB six.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna say those are vitamins.
Speaker 1: Yes, me too.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 1: Is that a Star Wars movie?
Speaker 3: Yes, that came out in December.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, what does it say? Look it even has the Star Wars font, but it says something else.
Speaker 3: Guys, look Skywalker or dozeny facty Ah. This is uh, this is something, to be honest with you. I love Nest Quick.
Speaker 1: Now they had Nest Quick cereals here in the United States. That was It came out in the nineties, and then it was again re released in two thousands. It was a yellow box with a little bunny on it, and I don't know why it didn't do well. I mean, next Quick is such a staple in so many people's houses. They're the only chocolate milk. I drink the old school powder. You don't remember that.
Speaker 3: I know I did have the powder.
Speaker 1: Nice you didn't have the powder, because I've already been there with you. The old school metal can where you had to foot the top open with the quarter you had to take it out. If you didn't have a quarter, you couldn't open it.
Speaker 3: Yeah no, I didn't have that one.
Speaker 1: Yeah no, but that was great. And then they changed it to a plastic container. Now they have the syrup and whatnot.
Speaker 3: So you know what, let's do one.
Speaker 1: Let's do that one first?
Speaker 3: Can we do the duo one? I know I don't want the vanilla pieces, so I'd rather end on chocolate because I know I'm gonna like.
Speaker 1: But that might be white chocolate. I can't read it.
Speaker 3: Okay, just do the chocolate one first. I will say that Japan still leads in best bags. This is not a great way to st have cereal.
Speaker 1: No, these are very shiny.
Speaker 3: The bags are just not this type of bag concept. It does work. You need something like a zip strip.
Speaker 1: What do you do with it now?
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly roll it?
Speaker 1: Then it opens. You can rubber band it, but then it kind of crushes the cereal. If you're not the tapis yeah, you're not including a tape, then there's no point. Very shiny. Oh it reminds me of that girl that I talked about from Australia. Remember uh uh remember shiny shiny girl. Oh yeah, all right, good eye, there you go. Thank you, nest Quick cereal from Poland. I'm gonna give it a second, a simmer in the two percent milk.
Speaker 3: Oh, look at that chocolate.
Speaker 1: It's changing already.
Speaker 3: One, two, three.
Speaker 1: Hmm again, very hot chocolate esque taste.
Speaker 3: I like it.
Speaker 1: It's like if you took the powder out and just threw it over some plain balls. That's what his tastes like.
Speaker 3: What you know that was in? You really painted a scene there. I'm gonna give this I think three bowls in a spoon. It's good.
Speaker 1: I was going to say the same. It is, but it's not your traditional American sweet chocolate cereal.
Speaker 3: It's not like the one that we had in the last episode that I loved so much.
Speaker 1: No, this is coco. This is more coco than chocolate. If that makes sense, you know it does? I get you, all right, So slightly disappointing there. The American version was much better.
Speaker 3: I remember it, yeah, because it was probably filled with palm oil.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, they don't use that stuff anymore, you know. Oh look, see this one wants you to cut it on a corner here. Maybe I will follow the instructions. Let me get a scissor.
Speaker 3: I feel like this goes against your rules.
Speaker 1: It sounds, but you know it's foreign, so I have to do it. It says. It's like, oh duos, Oh.
Speaker 3: I just wave to somebody outside of our studio. There's windows, and I just wave to somebody who I have no idea.
Speaker 1: We call it the fishbowl because people will just stand there and look in.
Speaker 3: My clients, and they just when there's clients outside of the windows, and they just like stare for solid ten minutes and then you're just like that's always fun. Yeah, not great.
Speaker 1: Although if the organic Valley clients would like to come in and bring us some milk, any client, any client, So it's an open, open invite. Now, these balls or puffs or whatever you want to call them are a little bit bigger, Yeah, which is strange to me.
Speaker 3: I guess I'll try and see how this goes.
Speaker 1: It's a different kind of crunch. Whatever the white ball is, it cuts the harshness of the not so sweet cocoa. I think it's better milky or taste. Yeah, four balls.
Speaker 3: I'm still gonna go with three balls in a spoon.
Speaker 1: Nest quick duos from Poland. See, unless you have a Polish market by you, or you're gonna go spend a lot of money on Amazon, you can't get it. But I'm just letting you know we like it.
Speaker 3: It's there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's out there. Go find it. You can jump on a play. I'm sure flights to Poland are very cheap at this point. Maybe non existent.
Speaker 3: I don't know, they're non existent. They can't fly here and we can't fly there.
Speaker 1: Okay, what do I know? I don't know.
Speaker 3: If you watch the news.
Speaker 1: No I do. I watch the news a lot, but who knows where things are at while when this.
Speaker 3: Airs very true, very true?
Speaker 1: All right, well, thank you for listening to Serial Killers ninety six.
Speaker 3: Yay, we made it.
Speaker 1: We're gonna do one more episode before everybody boils out of this build.
Speaker 3: Yeah, hopefully we.
Speaker 1: Can just kind of keep it going for you.
Speaker 3: If not, we'll have fun things planned in the time.
Speaker 1: Ninety seven will be interesting because we literally have almost nothing left and we're just gonna go underneath in the cereal sack and grab whatever's there. So it's going to be interesting. So be here on Friday. Yeah, when it will be April. Wow, Wow, it's my birth of your month or birth month it is. I thought you were in March April thirtieth. Hello, Oh you don't care. No, I don't out. I know all my cereals, but I don't know your birthday.
Speaker 3: That's sad.
Speaker 1: We'll see you in April, my friends. Hope you're doing well. Keep washing your hands even when this whole thing is over.
Speaker 3: Yes, keep washing your hands. Don't go outside, and no you can go outside, well, don't go outside in large groups.
Speaker 1: Go outside and get a breath of fresh air. Go walk your dog, go outside, for a walk. So just don't be a hermit, I know, and just meet in bars and restaurants. Don't tell you this, that's just stupid.
Speaker 3: Yeah, don't do that.
Speaker 1: They said it's not going to peek until May, so we've got some time. Thanks, so just stay clean and we'll talk to you soon. Thank you for listening. Please follow us on social media at Serial Killers PC. We will keep you to date with the latest cereal news.
Speaker 3: Yes well I won't, Scotti will because he knows it. If I were to tweet Cereal news, it would be I go Cereal, still love it.
Speaker 1: Speaking of cereal news, I hear that there is a caramel caramel caramel caramel apple Jacks on the way woo. Yes, and you know, I racked my brain and I looked all over the internet, but I'm ninety nine percent sure that they had one at one point a couple of years ago, because they came out with those weird like Applejacks varieties for a minute, and I did would think it was a candy apple Jacks too. I could be crazy, but who knows.
Speaker 3: I am crazying the wrong person. No, what I would love?
Speaker 1: Of course, I'm asking the wrong person.
Speaker 3: I would love.
Speaker 1: What's a frosted flake? What? I'm sorry as I was saying, yes, I would love a blueberry apple jack.
Speaker 3: I know what you're saying. You can't do that, but like a blueberry flavored like loop inside of applejacks, like apples and blueberries.
Speaker 1: That would be the most artificially crappiest piece of crap crap person ever.
Speaker 3: Listen, Biff, if you're listening, I am, and I will make.
Speaker 1: It for you. We haven't talked about Biff for a while. Yeah, Biff, you got laid off. Huh.
Speaker 3: It's been hard for everyone.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, we gotta go. Thanks for listening. We'll see you Friday. Until then, Crunch.
Speaker 3: Bye, Sorry, Crunch, I forgot what the end we say the episode is Crunch.
Speaker 1: All right, let's reracke it do it again.