Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio news. But in terms of cooperation with our resources, we know we have huge potential and we have sit from the beginning. Let's have respectful conversations and talk about how we can strengthen the partnership also in terms of our mineral resources.
Speaker 2: That was Greenland's Prime minister on partnering with the US. Denmark's Prime minister is now flying to meet with him today to discuss the territory's future, which the US has a large interest in mining there. Joining US now Tony Stage, CEO and executive chairman of Critical Medals, the company just green with the start of construction for a storage and pilot facility in Greenland for its and Critical Minerals project. Tony, thank you so much for joining. What a week it's been for everybody. But I think it's fair to say that especially you have been attuned to the news, just the back and forth in Greenland, whether the US would take it by force now more of an agreement with military basis and a keen interest in minerals. Does this change anything for Critical Metals?
Speaker 3: Not really.
Speaker 4: On the ground, We're going one hundred miles an hour doing what we can control. We can't control the politics of the situation, but it certainly does affect us. I mean, local people are very very concerned. And I've never been operating in Greenland for twenty two years. I've never seen a protest before, so they are very very concerned. It does affect our staff in Greenland, it does affect the mentality.
Speaker 3: For the uncertainty forband.
Speaker 4: But for us as a company, we're going, like I said, one hundred miles an hour. We're building pre construction, We're doing our pilot plant, our office and obviously the labs which is going to be very crucial in analyzing all the materials.
Speaker 5: Can you tell us what kind of agreements you've struck for the rights to do this mining? I mean, for how long have you got the rights? How do you split it up in terms of what you get out of the ground with the local economy. How does that look Tony?
Speaker 4: Yeah, Look at the moment, we've got a thirty year, five hundred thousand ton perannum license to exploit the natural rearers. The rearers that we're going to concentrate on is not the lights. For the example, MP materials. We're going to go for the heavies, and we've got four point seven billion ton more body, which in effect would last one thousand years, but we're only going to do a fraction of that obviously at the beginning.
Speaker 3: So we're going to concentrate on the heavies, which are.
Speaker 4: The terbiums, the hathmiums, the galliums, and the.
Speaker 3: Disperse me in that tantle them.
Speaker 4: So those are the ones that the US government can particularly interested in because it obviously fuels national defense. You cannot build an F thirty five fighter, you can't build a destroyer, nuclear power plants, et cetera, et cetera. So they're the ones that we're going to particularly concentrate on.
Speaker 3: In Greenland, Tony.
Speaker 2: This has been an American government that's increasingly getting involved in corporate America, in corporations, especially when it comes to metals and taking steaks for your more recent projects. Have you had conversations with this government about doing just that, any financial commitments that they're hoping to achieve.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Look, we've had a very very good discussion with Xcembank.
Speaker 3: We've signed an loi with the XCEM Bank. It's a fantastic deal for US.
Speaker 4: It's one hundred and twenty million dollars over fourtyeen years and only one point nine percent. Really, if you're take into account inflation, it's a negative interest rate.
Speaker 3: So that's been fantastic for US. We've applied for.
Speaker 4: It under the old ADPA funding, so under the new terminology it's Chips funding.
Speaker 3: We've applied for that.
Speaker 4: Hopefully we'll get a fair hearing on that, but we've done.
Speaker 3: Some very very good financial maneuvering.
Speaker 4: We've decided to do fifty percent of the product to the US and fifty percent to the EU, so one hundred percent of our off take is now being taken up, which completely de risks the project. So it's fantastic for US. We've got fantastic for the EU. The Romanian government is heavily involved. Fifty percent is going to go to them, and we've signed deals with UKRP in the States re alloys, and we've followed MP materials to the to Saudi. They've signed a deal with Trump and MBS a few months ago. We followed that lead and we're building a processing plant in Saudi, but all of the product from the Saudi processing plant will go to the US.
Speaker 5: So I was just going to ask where are these minerals that you mine are going to be refined? Are you saying that half will be refined in the US or sort of at the be asked of US companies, you know, because the refining question is one that sticks in my mind. It's a really difficult process. So I hear to refine these things maybe dirty and danger.
Speaker 3: Yeah, very difficult.
Speaker 5: So who does the refining of the stuff that you get? Okay?
Speaker 4: So we've partnered with the remaining government with their nuclear department. They've reprocessing nuclear rods that already in the plant. We're going to build our plant next door. The technology is there for us to do that. We're using the same technology in Saudi Arabia, so that will be set the two twenty five percent of the product that's coming directly to the United States.
Speaker 3: We're using the u core technology.
Speaker 4: They've got a plant in Louisiana, and we're using the re Allies technology which is based in Ohio. So that's twenty five percent pure product going to the US for US.
Speaker 3: But the Saudi twenty five percent we're going to refine that is going to go to the US.
Speaker 4: The product which are the tubiums, the hathmiums, the no bms, galliums, et cetera.
Speaker 2: And Tony, just to kind of riterate what we've been saying this whole time, and you've been saying that these minerals are highly important to the US, and Trump has emphasized that with not just artic security as being part of the framework he says exists for a Greenland deal but also mineral rights included in that framework. Tony, can you give us how this soberview of what wealth there is in Greenland when it comes to minerals, but not just that, but how difficult it is to get it out of the ground.
Speaker 4: Look in a lot of areas, Greenland, as President Trump said, is under ice, under a lot of ice. We're very lucky with our deposits. We're in the southern part of Greenland. It's quite temperate. It only gets to minus five celsius. It's cultor in New York and Chicago at some points, and fifteen degrees in summer.
Speaker 3: So very temperate climate.
Speaker 4: But there are trillions, literally trillions of dollars of material in Greenland other than rare earths. You've got one of the biggest iron or deposits. You've got uranium. The oil and gas potential is absolutely massive, so Greenland is a treasure trove. Unfortunately, a lot of those minerals and oil and gas aren't allowed to be exploited under the ruling of the Denmark Control over Greenland, so you cannot draw for oil and gas, you cannot mine uranium, for example. So the potential for Greenland is fantastic. Unfortunately the current laws don't let you exploit a lot of the material that they do have.
Speaker 5: Tony, great to get you on the program again, Thanks so much for joining us. Tony Sage there of critical metals talking about getting these rare earth minerals, heavy rare minerals out of the ground, and it's an incredibly important endeavor, as we have grown to realize over the past few years for manufacturing of high tech goods.