Speaker 1: Thanks for listening to The Dan Patrick Show podcast. Be sure to catch us live every weekday morning nine until noon eastern six to nine Pacific on Fox Sports Radio, and you can find us on the iHeartRadio app at FSR or stream us live every day at YouTube dot com slash the Dan Patrick Show.
Speaker 2: You are listening to The Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 3: Man bunch of maniacs in the studio.
Speaker 4: Hi's philin, Frank Cavino and Rich. You're the maniac? Are you kidding me? You're the guy that walks out of the room. Everyone looks at each other and they're like, is he for real? This guy?
Speaker 3: What is he on?
Speaker 4: Rich Davis? The most hyped up guy you'll ever meet.
Speaker 3: I'm the guy that has a conversation with you immediately starts texting people. Can you believe this guy?
Speaker 4: You start texting your buddies for validation and they're all a bunch of nerds. No offense, no offense. So I'm clear. I'm in clear. I said no offense.
Speaker 3: How do you deal with Cavino? That the last text message I got?
Speaker 4: I don't care. Tell your goober friend that he's wrong, like.
Speaker 3: My goober friendly Yeah.
Speaker 4: So whoever, whatever member of the getalong gang that's agreeing with you is wrong, live from the Mercedes Benz Studio. Owning a Mercedes Benz ev is just extraordinary. It's extra easy. Would you say, oh, it's not just extraordinary, it's extra easy. With full remote access to your vehicle from your iPhone via the Mercedes Me Connect app. The vehicles are all electric to feeling as all Mercedes, the choices all yours. Learn more at mbusa dot com slash eq. So we're gonna have a fun hour in for Dan Patrick. Now on a Thursday, we throw it back. So we go old school when fifty hits. We reminisce about some old school stuff every Thursday, and we'll tell you what that is in a few minutes. But Rich, speaking of old school, you know what movie this is? From this shirt? I'm rocking?
Speaker 3: What are you laughing at? More feedback? No, maybe go ahead, let's hear it.
Speaker 5: Covino is a moron.
Speaker 3: No, I'm good, I'm good.
Speaker 5: What is your shirt?
Speaker 3: Let me see you?
Speaker 5: Let me share your shir there on the zoom. What do you got to throw back?
Speaker 4: Thursday? And he guesses Danny g Joel, Joe, you should know this one, man, I hate to put you on the spot. Dan Byer's looking at it. Well, let me see.
Speaker 6: It looks like that rock band Boston Nous.
Speaker 3: They rolled up in a Camaro this morning. I'm a Yankees fan. I'll never rock Boston anything, not even even if my son's in the on the team or the band. This is the last Dragon, man, when you got that gloveh I you think I got that globe? Bro, the last Dragon. I'm wearing a Last Dragon T shirt. Shiny Te's on that Bruce Lee Roy style. On a Throwback Thursday, I don't know why you had that globe, but I know why you have that, dad Bud, because you directed your Fiza to Daddy Green's Fiza.
Speaker 4: To Daddy Green's pizza man show enough to Showgun of Harlem show enough who was not bust the rhymes even though everyone thinks you is so. On a throw Back Thursday, we're gonna talk.
Speaker 3: So old school rolls before they hit it big but rich. Yeah, that's cool.
Speaker 4: Before before we celebrate someone's birthday today, let's take a quick phone call about team loyalty. Because the question was, if your son was drafted to a team, would you automatically just root for that team, or root for your son. Jonathan, India's dad still roots for the Mets, but records his at bats. That's the story. So Ralph in New York, you're on the Cavino and Rich Show.
Speaker 7: And for Dan Patrick, Hey, gentlemen of ninety sure that they don't have a kid. But I know one thing.
Speaker 8: I'm very loyal to my team, and I think that you certainly are going to root for your kid their whole lives. And it's an easy thing to balance. It just gives you one working to roots for. But if you bail on your teams and change fully as a person, doesn't that show a little different lack of loyalty.
Speaker 4: Yes? Yeah, And then you think of how players bounce around anyway, so that you just expected to switch teams left and right just because. So that keeps him Eddy, he roots Jonathan, and me his dad roots for the Mets, but wherever his son goes, he still roots for his son. That's me.
Speaker 9: I'm a free agent fan. I'm a free agent fan about how about this?
Speaker 3: If if you have to deal with this problem, God bless you. If your if your kids in the bigs and this is the problem you have. I would die for that problem. If you've told me, Hey, Rich, I gotta have a moral dilemma for you because your son's on the on the You know, you're right, it's a.
Speaker 4: Great problem, Dad, But it's not really a problem at all. It's just a balance. It's just the balance of life, that's all.
Speaker 3: And imagine imagine having the terrible problem that uh, little Junio Cavino's on the Blue Jays and you have to make a decision like that would be the best dilemma ever. It's like, it's almost like the dilemma of it. You can only choose one. This brunette and blonde they both want to sleep with you. Oh, great problems. It's a great problem to have. The best problem to have might be, honestly, if you said what's the best problems? A top five best problem would be your son plays professional sports on your competitor and.
Speaker 9: Put him close to home too for Cavino like sou the Yankees, and then no, put him on the Mets and then make kalno choose.
Speaker 4: That's no, I don't have to choose by these rules. So look, great problems to have and great story, Rich, But today we celebrate. If you need more reason to celebrate, is someone's special's birthday today?
Speaker 3: A guy that we all love. Yeah, yeah, no, happy birthday, Oh.
Speaker 4: Joeyo, it's Sylvester Stallone's get this seventy seven?
Speaker 3: But goodness, what is going on?
Speaker 4: I can't even believe it. That just sounds so old. But he looks great, right, so that's inspiring. But more reason to party and enjoy your weekend starting tonight started early celebrating Sylvester Stallone's seventy seventh birthday. Absolutely.
Speaker 3: I went to UH after I was watching the Mets game, and after I was having drinks and dinner with some friends out here in Texas. I'm flipping through the channels. I wanted to watch the finale of Silo. I'm watching Silo on Apple TV. And as I'm flipping through, my wife's like, oh my god, he has a show. Now do you see the uh, the all the pictures and the clips from Stallone show about his family. His daughters are all beautiful. Yeah, his daughters are all like pretty young women is and you know remember the whole like false alarm with his like divorce and it was like, oh, like that never happened.
Speaker 4: M h Yeah, he was calling it clips for a minute.
Speaker 3: He's living it up. So on a Throwback Thursday where we all love Sly Cavino and I have only talked about how much Sylvester Stallone has meant to us, mostly because the.
Speaker 4: I love you, I love you. I I was hoping to wondering if you didn't mind marrying me too much.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he took you to the zoo?
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, by the way, a lot of people don't know that. And I throw back Thursday. If you guys remember Gazo, the guy he worked for Gozzo. One of Gozzo's goons tells Rocky to take Adrian to the zoo and then, hey.
Speaker 3: Yeah, in a very politically incorrect way, he said, taking to the zoo. Some type of people love the zoo. And you're like, oh, very politically and correct. And then you look to the next movie and he takes Adrian to the zoo.
Speaker 4: Three years later, it was a three year long payoff of a joke. Three years later, he asks her to marry him at the zoo. And it makes you wonder, what does Rocky think about Adrian? Look what kind of job Adrian got? Where does she work at pet store? Of course, it the pet store and my favorite fact. My favorite fun fact though, is the turtles cuff and link. He still has them today. That's amazing to me. Dinosaurs.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so I ask you on a throwback Thursday slide turned seventy seven today. Other than the Rocky movies, other than the whole Rocky Bell, Boa, Creed, you know Drago, other than the Rocky universe, what is your favorite Stallone?
Speaker 4: I have an easy answer for this, man, I really do. I'm not saying it's his best movie, but it's the one I like the most because I find it to be the most entertaining. And just because it's not the best doesn't mean it's not the most entertaining. I'll give you an example. Okay, Indiana Jones in the Temple of Doom is not the best Indiana Jones, but it's my favorite because it's the most entertaining. The Last Crusade or Raiders are the Lost Ark, But the Last Crusade is the best Indiana Jones. But my favorite is the most entertaining one, The Temple of Doom. Love Me some short round. So I'm not saying this is Stallone's best work and best movie, but it's the one that's the most entertaining to me, and that's Demolition Man. It's so good and you deny it and you never even finished it.
Speaker 3: Real, that's your number one steap movie by far, because it's entertaining a half. That's the weak. You can't you have never heard. You can't even you. I wouldn't say anything because you never watched it.
Speaker 4: Five star Dining at Taco Bell, Dude, Benjamin Brawrack, Sandra Bullock, dude, Jack Black has a small cameo.
Speaker 3: Dennis Leary. It's a great movie. Wesley Snipes incorrect. I did watch it, but I watch it years later. So maybe when you watch something, No, it's still good years later. It's stunk if it.
Speaker 4: Was if it was on TV. Right now. I'm stopping and I'm watching that movie. That's how much. That's how entertaining it is. Yeah, Taco Bell wins The Food Wars. It's a great story. I love it. The Three Seashells. Demolition Man is straight up silly but entertaining. Love it, and spot agrees Danny throwing out references easily one of my favorites. It's it's not his best movie.
Speaker 3: That you guys, you guys, The show Get If you.
Speaker 10: Gave me a choice between that and any movie in the Rock franchise, I would choose Delition.
Speaker 3: Man's that I missed out.
Speaker 4: I'm still talking you. Wesley Snipes against Sylvester Stallone, both guys in their prime. Spartan doesn't get you fired up? Yeah, John Spartan, Benjamin Brat.
Speaker 3: I'm bummed I missed out on your little waken bake session over there, because you guys are all high. What or maybe you've.
Speaker 4: Got residual effects from the stupid edibles you take every night? How about that? The guy what do you like? Stopp or? My mom will shoot? Yeah, you know what?
Speaker 3: You know. I'm gonna name four movies that are better. I have four movies that are better.
Speaker 4: You get four?
Speaker 3: Yeah, one, that's not the name of the game. I'll just pick any one because.
Speaker 4: Because he's so, he's like, whatever sticks, he's playing the numbers game. He's like, if my answer sticks stinks, I still got three more chances.
Speaker 3: Well, I have a one obvious answer, but I'm gonna give you cheesy ones that are even better than Demolition Man. Fine, better than Demolition Man Copland. I like Copland a lot better than better than demolition Man.
Speaker 4: Better the Fanger's pretty good. That's a good one, not better though not.
Speaker 3: Better, though better than demolition Man, Tango and Cat.
Speaker 4: No, not even in the conversation.
Speaker 3: Better than demolition Man, better than demolition Man over the Top.
Speaker 6: Okay, all right, Dad is a nineteen eighty seven classic son Love Robert Loser. My mom when we watched that, my mom told me that's what where my dad was, that's what he was doing.
Speaker 4: So it tugs to Mars.
Speaker 3: Lincoln Hawk was a truck driving arm wrestler. Stallan was turned his hat around spot you remember, he would do the adjustment with his hand while I.
Speaker 4: Slipped up and like move his pinky to the other side of the hand. Dude, that movie is so his son was so soft in that movie. I couldn't get behind it. Okay, again, the military school did nothing for his son. No, the kid was crying because he lost an arm wrestling competition. All right. So Stallone's seventy seventh birthday, we say, aside from the Rocky franchise, Aside from Rocky, what's his best movie? Again? He was born nineteen forty six, seventy seven years old. What a life?
Speaker 10: You know, what's a good Sleeper, Hit Daylight, the one where they're trapped in the was it the holland Tonnel?
Speaker 5: Oh that's pretty, that's a good One's five.
Speaker 4: Look, they're all fun, they're all entertaining. He's an action star. He redefined action star in the eighties. And what you learn in the Schwarzenegger documentary on Netflix is that if it wasn't for Stallone, you wouldn't have had Arnold Schwarzenegger pushing to make all these other movies. They were like in a heated competition of who was the guy, And it was back and forth, and Stallone is the man? And I love Stallone and I like all those movies. Rich, But you asked me my favorite, which is the best? Aside from Rocky, I'm sticking with Demolition Man. I think you downplay I.
Speaker 3: Mean I don't. I watched it and it's good.
Speaker 5: It's not the best.
Speaker 3: Let me go over some Stallone movies and give me your immediate reaction. Okay, I'll name some classics. On his seventy seventh birthday, lucky number seven, yoh seven seven, I'll give you some Stallone. You tell me what you think, all right, I've never seen it, but I've only heard great things about the nineteen seventy four classic Lords of Flatbush.
Speaker 4: Well, what's cool about that is the fawns. Henry Winkler's in that too.
Speaker 3: I know, I've never seen it.
Speaker 4: He's good guy.
Speaker 5: I've heard people say it's good, though I don't know.
Speaker 4: I've never seen it either.
Speaker 5: Obviously, Rocky started all but we're not doing Rocky movies.
Speaker 3: Have you ever seen Let's see. I don't want to do the Rambo movies either. So my grandfather used to love the movie Cobra. Remember Cobra?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Zi, another Stallone movie from back in the day.
Speaker 5: How about lock Up?
Speaker 3: Do you know lock Up?
Speaker 4: Nope? No, not even in the convo?
Speaker 3: All right? What about Oscar?
Speaker 4: Nope?
Speaker 10: He was uh, he was a grouch.
Speaker 4: I didn't like that one.
Speaker 3: No, it wasn't It wasn't that like his attempt at like something funny.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was like a mob boss, right, isn't that what it was? It was the mob. It was mob related, but it was like a mob comedy movie.
Speaker 3: Then you get to the nineties and this is like, this is post the Rocky movies. He got stopp from my mam, will.
Speaker 4: Shoot good.
Speaker 3: Cliffhanger.
Speaker 4: No, I love a stell Getty Cliffhanger.
Speaker 3: Demolition Many don't. Do you remember the specialist about Judge?
Speaker 5: What about Judge Dredd?
Speaker 4: Judge Dread is a good one.
Speaker 10: That's another like, you know, futuristic, Yeah, Lane Lane is yeah, same, but but Demolition Man better.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm telling you. You start, you start scrolling on the IMDb, and there's some years where it's like, yo, we're really remembering, Like he had a primo ten to twenty year period of Rockies and rambos.
Speaker 5: And then later on he gets into the expendables. Are we down with the expendable movies?
Speaker 4: You said, I'm completely down with it, But they're not better than Demolition Man to me. And of course you could factor in when these movies came out because they hit you at a very influential time in your life. So you can't watch Demolition Man now as an adult and relate to it the same way we did as younger kids. You're not gonna like it the same way. That's not gonna hit all the same.
Speaker 3: I feel like you and I saw this movie together for some reason. Is it possible de Niro and stallone grudge match to old guy that you guys have boxed. All right?
Speaker 10: Yeah, I really liked that movie he did with Schwarzenegger where they were trapped on the prison boat escape Plan.
Speaker 4: Remember that movie. I know they ever seen it. It's pretty good.
Speaker 3: You know it's pretty now you're just listening out as they're older, but it's like it's Schwartzenegger.
Speaker 4: Did they have to take blue chew to get off? Probably?
Speaker 10: And they're trying, and they're trying to escape this like floating prison.
Speaker 4: So again, he can go over his IMDb all you want.
Speaker 9: I like the comparison though, to see could Rocky beat I mean, could could Rocky beat Rambo?
Speaker 4: No machine guns? Yeah, uh no? But great characters, man, And that's what puts Stallone in a very unique conversation. He has three franchises that really truly prospered. Only a few people could say that. And you know who comes to mind, obviously Stallone with Rocky, Rambo and the Expendables, and the only guy I could really think of that has done it to that level in a completely different ways, Mike Myers. Three different franchises that really prospered and did well. Wayne Garth, Wayne's World as Towers.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's hard. It's hard to get multiple franchises, and Stallone's done it three times. Yeah, so that's why we said, hey, with out without Rocky, what's the best movie again?
Speaker 4: Eight seven, seven ninety nine on file, Stallone's the goat. Stallone is definitely one of the goats. Let's say the action star goat. Yes, I think I.
Speaker 3: Think for me, if you're saying from the time I was born, if you're talking like eighties, nineties till now, like the last fortie ish years, I think Stallone's your number one action star action star.
Speaker 4: Yeah, for sure. Yeah, I think it's the action start.
Speaker 3: I mean you're gonna give shout outs like Bruce Willis and Statham and you.
Speaker 4: Know, guys like that, don't sleep on Tom Cruise and.
Speaker 3: Tom Cruise with all the mission impossible does. Yeah.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Jackie jam Yeah, there's a Jackie Chan video floating around that made me sad because it's a it's a fake video and I thought it was real.
Speaker 4: Oh, I thought it was real too. That's not real. It's him and his granddaughter looking at old films and they get all emotional.
Speaker 3: Yeah, apparently his grand kid. His grandkid hates him and says he's like homophobic and he's the worst guy. So it's like a fake like AI video and it's like not real. What No, Yes, I was all bummed. I was like, oh, what a great.
Speaker 4: Video, Jackie chank Ai video. We've been we're like old people. Did you hear what Donald Trump says? Like, Mom, No, it's fake. It's fake. It's an AI. You're gonna tell me that's a fake video either way? Action stars Jacks in the news stallone's birthday.
Speaker 3: Com No, uh, not to bring up negative stuff, but fact check Jackie chance heartwarming video.
Speaker 4: With his daughter, I suppose to his granddaughter.
Speaker 3: Yeah, is actually a movie scene that they've spliced in other stuff with and it's not like a real thing.
Speaker 4: Oh man, I think the world has been duped.
Speaker 11: Wow.
Speaker 3: I said that to a few people like, oh look at this, what a cool moment. Well, hey, you got comte on rich and for DP he on Fox Sports Radio. And I just learned Covino that Discover credit cards do something pretty awesome. At the end of your first year, they automatically double all the cash back you've earned. That's right, everything you earned doubled the cash back from trips, restaurants, all doubled seriously though see terms and check it out for yourself at discovered dot com. Slash Match now coming up here on CNR in for the Great DPA. We're headed to Vegas this weekend Summer League little NBA con and the debut of a guy named Wimbenyama, and we'll talk about his debut in the Summer League and the odds of him being MVP and a lot of hype, and we'll talk about that hype a little bit next right here on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: Be sure to catch the live edition of The Dan Patrick Show weekdays at nine am Eastern six am Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio wapp.
Speaker 3: Miss is Steve Covino and Rich Davis, and together we are Covino in Rich, Coveno and Rich. Thanks buddy, that's right, Covino on Rich, Fox Sports Radio's newest hit show, heard weekdays from five to seven Eastern two to four Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio app. Every Coveno in Rich show is available as a podcasts. Just search Covino and Rich wherever you get your podcasts and subscribe of such a rockin Dude. The show features our unique take on sports, injected with some fun, humor and relatability. Listen to Covino on Rich five days a week on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts or wherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 8: Give me the hell.
Speaker 4: Yeah, is this old school guy on a throwback Thursday?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Like that guy. Here's my guy before Guy Fieri coven Rich on Fox Sports Radio in for Dan Patrick, live from the Mercedes Benz Studios, brought to you by Mercedes Benz. The vehicles are all electric, the feelings all Mercedes. Learned more at nbusa dot com slash e qs. Now, thank you Fox Sports Radio Nation for hanging out with us early in the morning. Now we're normally on at two pm on the West, that's five pm on the East, So make note of that and download our podcast Covino and Rich wherever you stream your podcast. Thank you for hanging out. Shout out to the affiliates.
Speaker 3: We appreciate you guys, and you know what, honestly, if you if you're having fun with us this morning, check us out every afternoon. We are honored to film for Dan Patrick. In fact, we got a ton of phone calls.
Speaker 4: We do, but knowing about twenty minutes. We shift gears real quick. We go old school, throw it back on a Thursday when fifty hits. But we're celebrating stallone's birthday right now. He's seventy seven years old. Yoh absolutely born today, nineteen forty six. So we said, aside from Rocky Rocky, I mean, one of the best franchises ever. Love all the movies. I even love the Creed stuff. I even love Creed three, And there was some debate on that. I thought it was great.
Speaker 3: I dreaded it as well. Every even Rocky five, I've to me nowadays, is tolerable. I'm like, you know what, I just love the whole franchise. You know all what nine now right, the six Rockies, three Creeds, you know one more? You got a perfect ten. So I'll tell you real quick before we go to the phone calls. One of the things that my wife did when we first started dating that really won me over. You want to share this on Fox had nothing to do with some of the moves in the bedroom, pass sleep, sleep, all that, all that hotel sleep. My wife visited me in New York. We were doing a little long distance at first, and I had to run to work all day and she's like, well, I'll just chill out here while you're at work, and you know, when you come home, we'll go do something. She knew that I loved all the Rocky movies, and she's like, I had never seen them. And I'm like, you've never seen the Rocky movies. Who's your dad? You know? She's like, yeah, my dad never really pushed them on me. She watched all the Rocky movies because I I think it's so important to have seen them, like Kimino.
Speaker 5: Is there other movies or actors or things.
Speaker 3: Where, dude, do you talking to a guy spot that wouldn't root for his kid on a you know, a team that play the Yankees?
Speaker 5: So, I mean, people are passionate about.
Speaker 4: No one ever said that, but you can put words in my mouth. If you'd like to back up your argument, go ahead continue.
Speaker 3: Are there bands or movies or anything that our deal breakers for you? Like if the girl you were dating is like, yeah, I don't like that at all, Like I'm fascinated that your girlfriend is like Mexican food and you're cool with it.
Speaker 4: I'm not cool with it actually at all. Yeah. Luckily you know my daughter does, so I go with her. But my girlfriend's never seen the Rocky movies either and has no interest because to her, from her younger eyes, it looks like something from the nineteen fifties, you know. And she's like, it looks like I don't want to watch that old boying movie. And I'm like, well, you're missing out? Then, what do you want me to tell you?
Speaker 3: Oh my god?
Speaker 4: Yeah, but believe you me, I'm not a fan of that. But I'm not gonna not date somebody because they don't like Rocky Balboa. Really, that's just you know, that's I drove the line. I guess I'm okay with it there. All right, Well, hey, let's go to your phone calls. Who do we got Covino CNR in for Damn Patrick? So aside from Rocky and Rambo, what is the loan's best movie? Let's go to Pennsylvania?
Speaker 3: Nate, Nate, what's up about? Hey?
Speaker 11: How you guys doing?
Speaker 3: You're good man, Nathan? Great? What you got?
Speaker 8: Well?
Speaker 11: I also like Demolition Man. But there's also one thing you guys said about about the Rocky and Rambo and expendable franchise, right, you guys mentioned it? What you missed out on Harrison Ford has Star Wars and Indiana Jones and they're both huge.
Speaker 4: I said, three franchises is what makes it?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, you know you know what though, Yo, Nathan, great though those are two huge ones, Star Wars and Indiana Jones. That's that's why Harrison Ford's the superstar we know today. That's like defines your childhood.
Speaker 4: Right there, of course, And no one's taken anything away from the great Harrison Ford. I said, three franchises, you know, is a debate. Mike was trying to debate Michael runs his Place off the air that Schwarzenegger could also be in that category conan predator and terminator, but he's maybe he's not in all the predators.
Speaker 3: I mean, you know, you and I have talked about that with you and I have talked about that. With TV shows and uh, what's the name of Louis Richard Dreyfus Elaine from Seinfeld.
Speaker 4: Julian Richard Dreyfus. Yeah, yeah, that's yeah, that's what it is, Julian Louis Richard Dreyfus.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she was in Seinfeld, New Adventures and Veep. Like it's very rare to have multiple TV shows like that's why like Al Bundy and O'Neil when he did Modern Family years after married with children. It's hard. So that's why when you see Stallone having three franchises.
Speaker 4: That were success wild, that were success wild. Yeah, So thank you, Nate, Mike in so Cal, you're on the Cavino and Rich Show. And for Dan Patrick, what's up? Hey?
Speaker 12: You guys, guys doing what's up?
Speaker 8: Uh?
Speaker 12: So, I gotta agree that Demolition is up there with Rocky and Rambo as far as the Loon's movies, but there's also what actually started I think did great movies in the eighties nineties. That's Chuck Norris.
Speaker 4: I love Chuck Norris, but I don't have to say absolutely, I'm sorry I him absolutely no, big Rocky bumble. Absolutely no. He's not selling tickets like Stallone.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I mean Chuck Norris is selling equipment. Yeah. That Chuck Norris is also like just great jokes on social media, like the Chuck Norris jokes.
Speaker 4: Chuck Norris fought Bruce Lee. He'll forever be a legend to me. But you know he's not. He's not. He's not absolutely still loon. He's not. Let's talk to Keith in Alabama.
Speaker 8: Hi, guys, I gotta go with.
Speaker 7: Back to Nate. Harrison four also played Jack Ryan in like two or three of the Patriots games and stuff, so he might actually have three franchises.
Speaker 4: I don't. Let's do a fact check. How many Patriot games are there?
Speaker 7: There's well, there's Patriot games and there was another one he did where he played Jack Ryan, the Tom Clancy character. Now a bajillion people have played him the what the Gym from the Office is in the show, and Alec Baldwin played him in The Hunt for an October. Ben Affleck played it.
Speaker 11: In a movie.
Speaker 4: Hey, dude, if we're gonna throw Harrison Ford in this conversation, I mean, it's still elite company, right, I mean yeah, I.
Speaker 3: Mean yeah, yeah. This is that these are the best of the best, the heroes of our childhood. You talk about the guy that was Han Solo and Indiana Jones. We're talking about the guy that was Rambo and Rocky like these are you know, a lait company, Like you said.
Speaker 4: Look, I can't hate on Harrison Ford.
Speaker 3: No, hell no, Yo Cavino ye, And I'm surprised Cavino.
Speaker 5: Cavino is stubborn.
Speaker 3: You know what this, guys, if I see Jess up to the Cavino, that's like almost kryptonite for him to want to watch it. Like if I, if I'm like Cavino, check out the show, it's almost guaranteed he won't. But Ford in Shrinking on Apple TV is awesome, Harrison Ford, It's fantastic. Thanks.
Speaker 4: Let's continue aside from Rocky Stallone's best movie as we celebrate his birthday.
Speaker 3: Keith and Alabama seventy seven today, what's up? Keith?
Speaker 7: Assassins and Driven.
Speaker 4: Service says no, but thank you. I'm glad.
Speaker 5: I mean I've seen I've seen Assassins.
Speaker 3: I don't know if I've seen Driven, but yeah.
Speaker 4: Hey, number one answer on the board seventy seven people said demolition man. So I'm right, I'm yeah. Let's talk. Thank you, Keith, I appreciate it. Let's talk to Ginger in Indiana. Oh, Ginger, Ginger, Hey, I think you're like Killigan's Island Ginger, it's his nickname.
Speaker 3: You just you just flirted with Ginger.
Speaker 4: I thought she was he was gonna be like, hey boy, I take my Ginger back. Yeah again, whatever, Ginger.
Speaker 3: I'd rather missus, Howell, So, what's up, Ginger.
Speaker 4: I'm definitely going Marianne on this one.
Speaker 13: Hey, guys, ginger stats from four Wayne here. Demolition Man is only known for the four Things went viral. There was a booby scene in that movie. I mean, in my local middle school, just everybody described the crime.
Speaker 8: Go get a.
Speaker 13: Ticket to like Little Mermaid, go into Demolition Man and see those boobies. And that's how much Times of Jane.
Speaker 4: Are you confusing it with total recall?
Speaker 3: Yeah you think.
Speaker 13: No, No, there's a phone call during Demolition Man. Maybe it's only like ten seconds long, but it is encrypted in in my brain forever.
Speaker 3: So what you're describing in my hometown, that was Barbier And he's right, like, yeah, I remember.
Speaker 10: He first walks into his like new futuristic apartment and he sits down and then he gets this like wrong number phone call that's a radio call, and it's this girl that's naked on screen, and he's a call.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, that's right. You know I've seen it on my TVs so many times I forgot about it. Yeah, you're right, absolutely, yeah, thank you very much.
Speaker 9: Well, yeah, we got to give him a bail just for remembering that six seconds of camera time.
Speaker 4: I thought he was confusing. Total Total Recall has three boobies and Demolition Man had three sea shows. All right, So thank you guys for the phone calls again, and happy birthday to Lie. I love you guys, so happy birthday, Slie stallone. Now Rich, we're getting ready for Vegas, Vegas baby.
Speaker 3: Now we head there tomorrow and the timing is fantastic.
Speaker 5: We're going to NBA Con with Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 3: And I ask you this, you get off the plane, are you inclined to try to snag a ticket for the first ever game for Victor.
Speaker 4: When just depends how much money we're talking.
Speaker 5: Well, just to give you a little.
Speaker 4: Story, prices are surging for this.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean to give you a little backstory.
Speaker 3: Tickets for like Summer League games are usually like twenty thirty forty bucks. They're saying minimum. Now it's sold out. Upwards, have like two hundred dollars or more for a good ticket for the debut of Victor when Benyama he's gonna be playing for the Spurs obviously against Brandon Miller and the Hornet. So you got your first two picks head to head six pm Pacific, nine pm Eastern tomorrow, And I mean we're gonna be in Vegas. So there's a part of me that's like, eah, you went in Rome, drop one hundred bucks or so, maybe you see if we could snag a ticket.
Speaker 4: Or go check out that sphere bro The sphere making news this week. The sphere is Have you seen the Sphere? I have a lot of concerts and performances.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I saw the fireworks they did on it on the fourth right.
Speaker 4: It's so cool. But you have two hundred bucks. That's not gonna stop me from going. I'd go for sure. I'll look up tickets later.
Speaker 3: You know what I'll do. I'll look up tickets later and I'll text you guys, and if you're like yeah, I'll bite because listen, I'll give you an example. I went with my wife and another couple down to South Beach maybe a decade ago, and the Heat happened to be playing at home, and I said, you know what, to see Lebron James in his prime in Miami when they had that super team that won a few championships. I'm like, you know what, it's worth a few hundred bucks to see that and get pretty good seats. And I don't regret it. It was cool to see Lebron playing for the Heat in his prime back then. Do you want to be at the first ever NBA appearance the first ever time this dude touches a ball. I know it's not an official NBA regular season game, but there's a lot of hype behind this kid, even Lebron. James said that we've seen unicorns over the years, guys with skill sets that you can't believe. He's saying, Victor Winbanyama is an alien. No, So I don't know, Danny G.
Speaker 4: I know, I ye, we'd see them in twenty twenty three.
Speaker 3: Danny G.
Speaker 5: I know you got a baby on the way. You don't feel like dropping a few hundough.
Speaker 3: But if we were like, hey, Danny G, happy birthday, happy baby present, you want to go see this? Is there an interest or is it like a or do you look at it like oh, summer league, G league? You know?
Speaker 6: I mean, we're all we've been talking about this kid on the air for almost a year, and so I want to see him play in person.
Speaker 4: That would be amazing.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Again, I don't go get a credential. I mean, how you guys just now you're right?
Speaker 9: Can we can we get a little everything about in LA. Everything's about the list who's producing.
Speaker 3: You're so right about that. I'd love Dare and now Rich to answer your question, though, I'm.
Speaker 5: Gonna show up early and be like, yeah, my name's got Leap Doug.
Speaker 3: It's a matter of security, it's a matter of us being there already. I'm not saying I would take a trip to see this game. I would take a trip to make sure I saw him play live, maybe once this year or definitely before he retires, but not necessarily like his big debut. But we happen to be there, so I feel like you dropped the ball to not try to make that happen. And saying and we're there for an NBA event. They're saying that this is and and Danny g tell me if we're being prisoners of the moment or not.
Speaker 5: I know you love that phrase. I do as well.
Speaker 3: But they're saying this might be the most anticipated Summer League game of all time.
Speaker 6: No, I don't think that's an overstatement. We've never seen a kid like this in the NBA. And I'll say, you know, Joel is right, you know you'd love to get a credential for it. But because of all the hype around this, there's no credentials left. I'm betting right now, so I think we would have to we can we extend it?
Speaker 4: That's how big exactly, Danny? Can we find out? I won't eat that day. I'll use my food stipend to go see what.
Speaker 3: Is this forty dollars uber sixty two dollars dinner two and eighty five dollars summer League ticket? So you know what, Daddy, after the game? I mean, it is the advantage of do what we do. Maybe I'll put in the call to see if there's any way. I know it's so last minute, but we might have to buy tickets to see this kid play. Like Cavino said, I'm not going to Vegas to see this kid play, but we're going to be right there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it would be a missed opportunity, for sure. There's a lot of legendary players that I have regrets not seeing live when they were playing, and I'm sure I had the opportunity. We're going to be in Vegas to be part of that. Again, not a once in a lifetime guy. He could be. We don't know that, but like at least how many players have we seen with this much hype three or four in our lifetime.
Speaker 9: Yeah, he might be the once in a lifetime at this price. To get to this price, Yeah, that's pretty reasonable. I think two hundred bucks. Well, what would you do? We take your feedback? Next this Covino and rich And for Dan Patrick Live Mercedes Benz Studios is Coveno and Rich And for Dan Patrick. And we're throwing it back on a Thursday when fifty hits on the clock, when fifty hits in life, get a little old school, So stick around for that. But Rich, we're.
Speaker 4: Talking whim Benyama and we're gonna be in Vegas all weekend long for NBA Con and the Summer League. There's a story developing today. I don't know if you saw this where he and Britney Spears were at the same place. They were at Catch and apparently Britney Spears is a big fan and she tapped him on the back. I was like, I want to take a picture, and his security backhanded or knocked her to the ground and she followed the police report. So it's a developing story about Britney Spears being attacked by when Ben Yama security.
Speaker 3: I don't know if you're serious.
Speaker 4: I'm dead serious.
Speaker 3: I'm waiting for hit maybe one more time, punchline or something.
Speaker 4: It's it's a developing story, breaking news.
Speaker 3: I have this up for real.
Speaker 4: Yes, just happened last night. Just happened last night. And she foiled the police report because she wanted to pick with Victor wem Benyama.
Speaker 6: Exclusive Britney smacked and faced by san Antonio Spurs security and she didn't even say hit me baby one.
Speaker 3: On Oh my god, no are you left? When h you left? When he says it's popping, not make good?
Speaker 4: No, Wow, she just can't catch a break. Well, oh wow, it's a developing story. So we'll give you more updates. But hey, look at the clock.
Speaker 3: Hit it a serious. What we're gonna do is go back.
Speaker 2: Back into time, throwing it back for a Thursday. Old School went fifty. That's fifty after CNR give you the timecast exil topic and we reminisce together.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, you know, Comito. Maybe when Yama's security is like yo, he's not falling down the Zion path and they're like women stay away, like I don't know, maybe there's got to be a reason, right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, But she's Britney spears dude, and he knock her to the ground. I can't touch him. She does look a little unhinged these days. Was she doing her dance moves? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Was she?
Speaker 4: Was she like looking into the camera honestly looking right at him dancing?
Speaker 3: Was it her that led or was it like her beef head meat head like a husband, because maybe, like he was.
Speaker 4: Sorry as I got it now, is that she was tapping him on the shoulder like, hey, it's Brittany, It's Britney, bitch. No, And she wanted a picture she's a fan and security wasn't having it anyway. Again, We'll keep you posted on that. It's old school and fifty hits. We talked about Stallone's seventy seventh birthday. Guess who else's birthday it is? Born on this day, nineteen seventy nine. It's their forty fourth birthday, born in Philly. And Kevin Hart, Kevin Hart's f keV brother.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry before we get to Kevin Hart, I'm thinking, how could Brittany be a Webben Yama fan?
Speaker 5: Is she a fan of like European basketball?
Speaker 3: Like, how does she even knows of the moment?
Speaker 4: And the hype, the hype this guy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she backs up what we were saying exactly.
Speaker 4: That's why this is such a hot ticket to get.
Speaker 3: But I want to get slapped by his security.
Speaker 4: We're not talking about the seven foot five I'll slap you for free, wein Ben Yama. We're talking about the four foot five Kevin Hart. All right, so let's stay let's stay focused here again. Happy forty fourth to Kevin Hart. Now, we were talking about how everybody has a path, everybody has a come up. Yeah, and being early on that come up is what makes it fun a lot of times. And that's why we're talking about going to when Ben Yama's game. Yo, this is his first game in the Summer League.
Speaker 3: You want to be there from the start. Yeah, Comito, listen, you want to go pu year in ten fifteen years. If this guy's got a few titles and he's the you know, the Lebron or mj or Kobe of our generation, now, you know, it'll be nice to say, hey, Kevina, remember when that Summer League game we saw in Vegas. So I get it. Everyone's got to beginning, everyone's got a story. There was a time when every big broadcaster was on the local news in some small town. Every hip hop artist was, you know, wrapping at some small club. Every rock band played in front of ten people.
Speaker 4: Every social media superstar worth millions and trillions of views had like five people following them for a long time that they were very loyal to. But Kevin Mart before he was selling out stadiums, before he was the superstar comedian and actor that he is. I remember him as the guy in Forty Year Old Virgin, but it goes, it goes further than that. He was the dude who just came into the electronics store fighting with Romany Malcom. I remember that Kevin Hart, which is the random role in that movie. I mean again, that was probably the big thing going for him at the time and still a big opportunity. But think of where his career is now compared to them. And whenever they play along came PAULI.
Speaker 6: Yes, you notice him as one of the camera guys doing the fake e true Hollywood story.
Speaker 4: Yes, yeah, and that's the great Kevin Hard. So it makes you think of people before they blew up, right and for the big break?
Speaker 3: Do you see it happening every year? I mean, if you're into comedy comedian Matt Rife, the young handsome dude that's all over social media. He was saying a year ago, maybe twenty people would go to a show. He just sold out a world tour, so people blow up and the fun of seeing the journey right.
Speaker 4: Well, that dude was on wilding out, you know, years and years ago before he became the star he was today.
Speaker 5: So I got one.
Speaker 3: I know we all loved him as Reggie in Nutty Professor, But do you remember Chappelle was Tom Hanks's buddy and was it You've Got Mail? Yeah, he was like Tom Hanks's random work buddy. It's like, wait, is that Dave Chappelle? Yes, that's Dave Chappelle.
Speaker 4: So before their big break, where were they in sports and entertainment? Will take your phone calls and feedback. Next more Cavino and Rich on Fox Sports Radio.