Speaker 1: What up, y'all? This your main man, Memphis Bleak right here.
Speaker 2: Welcome to Rock Solid, a production of iHeart Radio and the Black Effect Network and partnership with my guys over at Drink Champs.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, y'all you already know what it is. Back with another exclusive. And like I told you, you see many people sitting at this table, but not everybody is like everybody. And this man to the left, for me, is not only my brother, but he's definitely a Brooklyn Slid, one of the guys I respect from the beginning, ever since I met him. There's nothing but love between us. And I watched them tell me I'm gonna get in this bitch and I'm gonna make my mark. And you did that, my jeekes. That's welcome. Heto to the building. You know what I mean? Brooklyn in the building? What's up? My brother? What's the same grind? Different time? Man? Hey, shit, He'll see you shine and still head before you my brother. Appreciate that.
Speaker 2: Yo.
Speaker 1: You probably don't even remember the first time I met you. I do remember you remember it was in the love We was here, it was in Brooklyn. It was it was off a rockaway. Yeah, Yo, what of the grammiest clubs ever. I remember I'm sitting in the dressing room and rest the piece shout out to the homie from Usie Billy's Shoe Shine as we walked in with and she was like, Yo, I want you to meet somebody. Bleak This nigga's nice man from Brilliant just came home. Trust me. Got that ship and that's how I first met you. Remember that night the form Yeah, yeah, I forget that. That ship was crazy and my and they let them rockets off when we left Louis. It was a rough That was a rough spot. I forgot the name of that spie too. That was like Rockaway Parkway, Rockaway Ae Trenches. It was Trenches though it was it was definitely her. It was big m you know, yeah, I definitely remember that man. Yeah, man, And from that day I respect because you told me that day you like bleak Man. You know, I just came home. I'm trying to do my thing in the game. I'm gonna do my thing. Say Billy was talking highly of something there is just saying, uh that come home energy is unlike anything I believe. And Shoe Shine made rest in peace. Man, My brother, he was. He was like at a time, very early on, like my biggest supporter. You know what we was, We was coming up in the ranks in jail. I wasn't. I was never rapping, so nobody knew me for rap. So when I started rapping when I got out of the box, the first jail I went to when I when I got out of the box after I was rapping was Elmira. I went back to Elmira and and me and him. You well, he came in and we wound up being next door neighbors. So I would be like, yo, listen to this, like you know what I mean. So we had that bond and when I came home, he was like, yo, yeah, let's go, you know what I mean. So he was he was my he was he was my he was my guy man. That's what rest of Peace shoes. So it was a monster and a rebel. And he had that energy man that motivation then definitely motivated he did. He was telling my guys like, oh yeah listening, Oh you know, listen. He was the same way in the hood.
Speaker 3: Used to tell us the same shitting mass yo, main that nigga and telling you why you gonna take this ship over Zoe and then I watched you grind my g and then here come High absolutely yo.
Speaker 1: Before I hated it was Woumas though only from Little Womas. When it was the song when I was talking about old the Woman's that's the song that actually got me signed first. That was the song that kind of changed the game because before that it was like the mixtapes and the DVDs. It was that error. We was end up talking crazy yo. The way going back there, he just spuked the memory. Man. I remember back then too. That's when they used to be like, Yo, I ain't gonna front. It ain't no squeezing all the dj is he putting Yoda in on everybody net and nigga in the club like this, Yo, let me high at you rekick HOLMEI niggas say you with the old everybody in the cippy you know what. I hear that so much right, And I'm like, I don't feel like it was like that, Like like I don't think because niggas, you know, I was smacking DJs up. And then I'm like, nah, I ain't never ever putting my heads on a on a DJ. Okay. Maybe a couple of promoters but oh yeah, no, DJs. Right. But the thing was is like sometimes we got it. I was coming from a world where it was like it was aggressive. I've been in two places in my whole life. It was the streets and I've been in prison, and I went after the person. I went back to the streets. So my, my, my, my introduction might have been a little aggressive because the energy of just coming home. You gotta you gotta understand the mentality of a nigga that just been in prison all this time. Its energy is up because we sit in the day won like damn fantasize and your brother. Let me tell you, man, I used to sit in the day one and watch y'all understand this perspective of of of seventy people in the day one watching TRL or Rap City and they doing Rockefeller Countdown or whatever it is, and we're just like, man, I touched down right like and you could just fantasize. And I tell proof all the time, I'm like, man, we have to be down with rock and fellas. You know what I'm saying, Like, I want to like because everybody like you have these dreams. You have these dreams. I tell over a lot, man, I don't think he understands that he know. I ain't gonna say he don't know, but I think at one point, bro, we could have signed the whole New York City absolutely, one hundred absolutely absolutely. You know what y'all did for for people coming from, especially where we come from. We're from the Star. Like when you see somebody doing that, you absolutely relate to you, like, man, it gives you some hope that you could change some of this shit around and your life, you know what I mean. And back then, a lot of these kids don't understand because it's all you gonna say. It's easy, but it's easier than it was for us back then. Again, in the game, you could create a YouTube channel, I g Twitter, write your following up, and they see a music. Back then, this ship was like telling a nigga you going to the NBA's like, no, you know, if you had a major record deal, it was because you was that good. That's right, right, it had to be you was that good, and that's what it said. It was. It was more prestigious. It was like it was a because you had to meet a standard, like because everybody wasn't getting record deals. Yeah, and there's certain people got in because they got vouched for right, but it was it was still who you knew though that the fact right, which wasn't wasn't easy because everybody have act sess So it wasn't like now where you know, the technology made it to where it's like you can go your grandmother basement and make a record and then uploading on your Instagram and your YouTube page and then you just you just a rapper, right, And I say this all the time. Rap is like the only you know, you know industry where it's no standard. You don't have to meet a requirement, right, you know what I mean. You just can't be a professional boxer, you know, you can't just be no. You can't wake up and just yeah you're gonna get your Nick Bright. You can't just be a professional basketball player like nothing. You can't wake up and get in the no League nothing. Just can't just be a doctor, you got it. Can't just be alloyer like you have to study, work, study school master, right, yeah, rap you can like, man, you know what, I got four thousand fowls. I't be rapping, that's a fact. I'm going to the studio and then you know I'm gonna be lit. You know what I'm saying. In the way it's good and bad because in the way it oversaturates the game, that's too you know, accessible for everybody. But then the good side is more. Man, it's making a lot of uneducated people that they qualified to get jobs, able to feed and provide. I'm always love that. I love that. I'm always lost shaw that it not only give you a give gives people jobs, but it gives you something to do. Yes right right. The thing is, it's like it brings down the value of what it devalues the product because if you got a bunch of bullshit, it's just like selling work, bro, you know, you you fleck the black or trash. They not gonna make it to the guy over here who's out of the head banger right feel me? And it's the same thing over here. It's or saturated. It devalues even the idea of being a rapper because everybody is one. It's like, I don't even want it. I don't add me that. But it's not even saying that. That's why I have two sayings. Man, Even with producers, like I feel like in this game there's beat makers and there's producers. The beat maker is nigga who's gonna send you thirty beats and expect you to do his job finding the hot one producer will sit with you, come with the long a idea he's gonna create that goes to your point. Not a rapper, right, you're an artist espe. Oh there's rappers, right, and then there's artists indeed who this is the art? So speaking on that, how did how would you say how Hayter changed your life? What it was the first sonic that that really went that went for me? Crational? You know what that feel like? Bro? Like this is a dream come true? Right? Five years before that I was I was walking the yard. You understand, like this is unbelievable, like a hit, and you gotta understand like it was nobody nobody had done really what I had. But nobody had came home after you in ten years in jail and came up. You know what I mean? Half these rappers that are rappers that go to jail with come home, come home trash right like so to come home link, Yeah, it hadn't happened like that for nobody prior to that. So I was just like, man, it was a dream come shootover bro, like just to just to make it that far. And I will always say, man, if it if it ended now, over overachieved because I did what they said that I couldn't understand. Like you know, I wasn't never supposed to even get this fall like I was the whole inmate nigga, real blood packs. Fact that I met that's so crazy man, that I met you after you came home, that's right to meet you before. And we got so much mutual friends, my chiirs, like we know, the whole Brooklyn is the same and it's like yoh with the fun. Yeah, I'm from those yeah, Marshy right down the black set, like literally right down the block, my gee. So I would say to you, right, what's the most important business lesson? You would say you learned and gain you would give to these young don't take none personal business same personal That's a fact. Sometimes you can do business with with with personal people yours. But the business and the moves that you make, it's not a shouldn't come from a personal place, you know. And you know a lot of times we we uh we tired by emotions with certain things. I see a lot of artists get mad at the people that they were signed to. I thought he was my man, though, I thought he was like you know, you see a lot of you know, people puff for getting flat for certain things with artists or whatever. Right, man, I'm just like, no black man contract was worse than the white man contract. No nobody. And I'm educated myself a little bit in the game a little bit, so I'm saying, nobody did no business different than they's been doing than what they've done. Everybody like gotta remember, I feel like people gonna do what onto others, what was done to that loom, you know what I mean. If we learned the game in a negative way, you're gonna repeat the game in a negative way. And it's just that's just how we come. It's like you gotta give to get right. You're not always gonna have what you want when you want it. But the opportunity is bigger than the chap you go the town the opportunity. That's why it's sugar crazy to say that, because I had I was just talking to Norry today and he was telling me about it's a viral video going on with Steve Harvey where he says about yo when the person lose their fathers when they realize that's the only man whoever wanted you to be better than him, that there's no other man that you're gonna meet in your life that wants you to be better than them. Like you know what I mean, nigga wants you to look good, but not better than them. And I'm telling nor of that's true. And I'm the type of nigga. Of course I want my niggas. I want to be the best. But if I know setting you up to get the wind for you, it's gonna make the win for me easier and we'll let you be there. He was like, you're bleeding. Not everybody is like that. So I'm saying with your point is we need more niggas that's willing to sacrifice the w for the one because it makes the road easier for the for the many. Because if we don't feel like for this other you, then yeah, but then we gotta learn how to work together and learn with your what your power is, and learn with the See that's the only way that happens. And yes, strips might be might be a weakness for me, My weakness might be a cerin for somebody else. You know what I'm saying. But if we come together, then we then we then we play to our strengths. That's right, right, and that's how and we balance that. That's that's why I love what you and Jim did with the lobby boys, like I respect that because in New York, man, you know, they paint the picture on us that we don't fuck with each other.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: And and I'll just I just said that, I don't think we get enough credit for FLA actually kind of like brushing that backwards because it's like we we traditionally known as the people that don't get along with each other. Yeah, here we come. You know, Brooklyn hallm linking up and bab and East and all of us, all of us is building this this this friendship and then building business alignment. You understand, like and and that and that comes by that comes without ego. That's the only way that's gonna happen. That's right, right. Every as a as an artist, as a rapper, we tend to think everything is about us. Man. You know what, why they ain't let me come out, that's you know what I mean? Why you ain't called me for that verse? While everything you're always gonna be about you. That's a fact, and you gotta learn to get there. So sometimes I come out it's just support. It ain't about that. It ain't the boss, right No, And then sometimes some nice it is about me and the homies is just support. That's right. They gotta they got this right or that's right. That's that's how they go, y'all moving. I love what your did. It started with the working now y'all niggas have me. Yeah, just working out with Jim Man, like yo, now you fit flashier show world up. And then the fucking the artist to artists man, but that artist artists artists started, But then we did we branched out into the owners. Let's rap about it. Oh yeah, that's what is. Let's rap about it. Yeah, my bad bad promote too shows artist starters and let's rap about it. Check out both for them, you know what I mean. But yo, y'all niggas be shooting yo. It's like everybody got the sniper right for like what's that word? Words? Everything? And it's a fashion shows up. Oh yeah, y'all, y'all all go. They could afford the flies. The New York get in the room together y'all niggas is just major, major battling old cameras quiet too, that's a war niggas coming there outfits. Yeah, just but that day, yo, I Couldn't's crazy man, I'm like that fly guys who's on that next level ship. YEA been on there. You'll be going hard to with the grab You'll be on. I'll be trying to have my you know what I mean, Like you know it's it's It's cool though, and because that's who we are, like yo, so and what makes the show good is that we really got that relationship. It's that chemistry. Yeah, man, man, that's dope. Yeah. So I say that's why I did this show because a lot of people think thinkgas don fuck with each other. That's like, man, I got a lot of relationships that niggas don't even know behind the scenes. Me and such and such, kicking and me and such and such, vacation, me and such and such boys since being little like think about it, Like one one of my main homies is a VL crew, and I remember the first time I seen them ride around like yo, yo, proof you ko be now and you're like, yeah, blizz, I'm kao B But I've always getting low. Man, I'm like, that's right, Peter, But bro I knew proof since proof was like fucking fact. We talk about y'all all the time. We heard and we talk about you know how y'all you know Rockefeller get low. We talk about all that. Jeter. Then you know, you shout out, Ja, shout out to juz k Man, shout out, shout out, shout out to my man, Piso Successes, because you know Piso. When I came home, took me the Jeda k House and we snatched Gita up because I was hungry. I wanted to do a song with whoever. And you gotta understand, you gotta look at it from my point of view. All y'all lit to me. That's right, All y'all licked to me. Everybody. This lady was on fire. Jeda was on Cody all without us do long. I never been on the tour reflex. Jeter was. We went to Cheetah House, word, wake up, nigga, let's go, let's go, let's go, We're going to the studio, and he had forty rhymes where we was ready and yeah and and and those those those memories. Man Like it was like man, I gotta get on like I. You know, so you shout out, shout out to so we always we always be reflect on that and I'll be like, man, Man, I wanted to be Rockefeller. Man, I wanted to be down them days. Man, I ain't gonna front Bro Rockefeller. I think I took them days for granted. White said that because I was young, and you know, when you ain't prepare for the ending, you don't see an end this. He told me the same thing. Yeah, like you don't see an ending, bro, Like it's like this is forever. So I didn't cherish it like one day this can be gone. Like I feel like that situation is trained me to realize that everything ain't forever. Because I really believe Rockefeller was forever, this thing of ours. I could see that, like you know what I'm saying. Remember I was fourteen years old, Bro, I didn't know anything else but Rockefeller, you know what I'm saying. So when it was coming to an end, that shit was devastating. You didn't even see it though, No I did. You've seen it, bro, Yes, you know. I used to be trying to town niggas and nigga used to be looking at me like blizz Man, we get Maddy shut out. It's like, okay, okay, let's see like word, I used to be trying to put niggas on and it just say you feel like because me and him had these talks, Me and men living proof, right, I'd be like, man, I had to work for every everything I got. Bro, I'm like, nobody gave me. Now I had to bind every bit of it. So he said, that's the difference. He say with us, you know, a lot of it was given to us. And when you know, I appreciate it, appreciate like this, dude, think about it. Bro. We had a studio Baseline Student where it's two rooms. You can go to this studio anytime of day. I don't care if you showed them at nine in the morning or four o'clock in the morning. And there's just Blazed Guru Bink Kanye West in the studio. And we don't have too level of records at disposing. This is what I'm saying. Like, and we in there playing obs something y'all. But he was telling y'all like, y'all need this is what I'm saying. It was too I think we were too young seeing too much, too fast, Bro, and me thinking, yeah, we all from Marci, each my niggas, they watch me grow. What this ship forever like? But as far as like position in the team, that wasn't given because it's a lot of niggas that was on the team that never got a chance to drop an album. What you mean like think about it? Oh, skin on Sparks never dropped the p d Krack never dropped the album. Oh, they only was on the Snake Pro each cell tracking out and I wanted these guys to drop albums. But that's what I'm saying. We niggas was on tour so much, already had changed, already had bends his houses. It was like nigga we named It's what we rapped for from the from the outside looking at that, it just looked so tremendous. It was Bro, it was by that movement was just so tremendous. It was Brooklyn and Harlem Halem. We had Philly Philly Yo and didn't think we mop O dB rest in Peace. We've had the singers Nicole Ray yeh Yo. Bro, we had everybody. Man, we was we was low en up. That's what I'm saying. We could have signed everybody man like for real, but enough about us. Back to you man, you or the major like you stepped into this media wave like I'm fresh, I'm new, I'm the rookie, your whitelock. I'm not gonna act like because I've been in the game for years. I know this media spa. I'm the rookie on the block. You are the veteran on the block. You better than this shit, nah, Bro, You've been doing it from kitchen talk right love and hip hop, hosting the radio show and angela ye you know what I mean than doing the part with the homies right now? Like, what's that journey been like for you? I'm a hustle man, and the thing about it is like it never was easy for me, Bro, Nothing ever was easy for me. I had to work for everything. Bro. I had this rhyme for everything, everything that that people see me accomplished. I had to really go get it.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: I gotta be on time, I gotta make sure I'm near because I don't want them to use that as an excuse. So I feel like I'm I was always coming from a deficit, you understand. So I just feel like, you know, we all got talent. It's just tapping into different things. You know, we all got things about us, you know, and as far as you know, media or television or radio, that ship personality. Let that shine. That's right, it's shine. You understand how to talk, that's right.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: I was nervous of this. Yeah, I did it, nor they told me. I'm like, man, I don't think I do it. Got it though? You got it. You got it, though you've been holding it down. You did it so much like and you like a pioneer in my eyes. Bro, Like I said, Bro, you started first the kitchen Talk move. Like I should have never stopped Kitchen Talk. I stopped that because you know, I see a lot of people that you know, Oh you did kitchen talk and it didn't work. No, it did work, but it worked so well that I actually got a deal with Kitchen Talk that we I did with Fox with Fox Soul. But then the problem with that is that once I did that deal with them, it stopped being a podcast and I didn't. And I was only doing it now when you got my check. So if you got my six figures, I gave these ten episodes. What he's doing this on now, right, it's not. It's not about if being a podcast no more so once that stopped, it's like you know, sometimes sometimes it's hard to go back and pick something back up, you know, But I learned a lot and I'm glad I did it because it allows me and it helps me to do what I'm doing to day. It's right, you know what I mean? So every day everything that means is like a step. It ain't no book falls bleak. I don't know, nobody tell us how to do something. We're gonna figure it out since like you give me like a like a little bit, like something small, like just an opportunity. That's all I need. That's all I need is the opportunity. And like me, I feel like we've been on the same path at even though we never collaborated on music, well, we've been on the same path in music. So I never been able to really ask too many people this question, but I ask you this because I know, Dily, how do you feel? Because we stay in ten toes, you know, that's the that's the code we was raised by. I don't know if it's the area like parents, the niggas we grew up with, like the trauma you lift through. But we always been say what you mean, mean what you saying? Stair ten toes on you. And they call that keeping it one, honey, keeping it real, whatever they want to call it. I just call it being the mad. How do you feel or do you feel that has helped or hurt your career anyway? It hurt me a lot. I feel the same way because we don't look. I'm a very principal person, and I'm a very prideful person. I probably swallowed my blood before I swallowed my pride. That's right, you understand, And sometimes you know that's not always good because this is business, right. I had to learn how to tell my guys. I said, listen, we can't out real these niggas. The reason why guys like us are losing. And he be like, why all the goofy shit is prevalent is because they don't have no parameters. We out here saying Okay, we don't do this, we don't do that, We don't go back and forth with the inter of it that, we don't do the inter of that, we don't do that. Right, if you're not gonna win, that's right. So so the thing about being a principal person you're gonna stand with in your space, and everybody may not get it, and the time you know you you may have to not be here for them to really feel that. Because sometimes it's like the world that we live in it is not about that no more. It's just like everybody's just like, you know, what do you mean? I don't understand? Like what like you don't have defensive the sciences? Man, everybody's offended. Every nobody has principals, nobody standing on mora rules. It's like, and nobody cares about true right because on the Internet now it's just about entertainment. It's just about content, whether it's true or not. That's what thing I love what Charlae Maine saying, Man, why they care about the truth and the lives knowing the tak This is what I'm saying. Hell, it's when he said that, I'm like, it's kind of it's kind of lies entertainer, that's what they're going with. These people want to be entertained and I'm out here trying to be that is not true, trying to be real. We can't out really, we can't out real a game. We're going to always lose, Like that because this is entertainment. This is not We're not gonna win award for being real nigga. It's no category for that, right right, But you know the awards that come with being a real nigga, like hell casketch stars. That's Reglars just star. Either either either either you scar physically, scarred, mentally mentally emotionally scar on your soul right because you you you want to stand on business. You want to stand on what you feel like. You you what you represent. But the whole world doesn't see them with you retroceived. They don't even care a why they care about it. They just want to get over the next day. So I'm not out here trying to be the real sniggers, you know what I mean? Because yeah, they didn't won't get us, no one why Astra That is because I never forget Bro, Young save man, shout out young saf You know out here got the Loler brook girl Blamar thing move. It's family, say yea, yeah, that's family. Like he told me something twenty years ago, Bro, when he was an intern and depth in turn, that's why nowful he was an intreat His brother is with that man school man rest.
Speaker 3: So I don't remember them from being as fucked soo man all that sad man school man.
Speaker 1: Yo. He told me something. He was like, yo, bleep, you know why you ain't gonna never be successful, bro, like you dream to be because you keep it too real, lorgie. These white people don't want to be They don't want to hear the real. They want to be lied to it. They want to hear that it might be like this so you can possibly do this. They don't want to hear that is is real. And he was like, yo, you never And I'm like, yo, bro, I don't know how to lie to one nigga. I don't know how to shucking jive front to these people like that's not me. But I didn't understand what he was talking about. And now now you see, I see, bro. We niggas was too too standing on sit right. You're standing on this, this this moral mountain that you're ben built for yourself. It only exists in your projects or on your block with you in like ten of your homies. That's it. And them niggas ain't never in the room with you when you negotiate it neither, sit right. They ain't not in the room with you with you have. But you know, the great thing about it is though still being here, being alive, being room to figure that out. That's what, Bro, That's my next thing to you. I was gonna sayo, Bro, you lived through hell man, being in concerrated. You know what I mean, coming home enjoying all this shit. Man, where you say your strength behind all that bit resilience man, resilience worth Like I'm a strong spirited person, bro, Like I ain't gonna lie. I'm gonna push through. You understand, we all still deal with with with the things that like throws at us, right, But I'm gonna always always push full man, no matter what you understand, and no matter what the situation is, I'm gonna figure it out. This is why I'm still here in this error. That's a fact. Like that was one thing too. I was gonna say, I you stay ground because we all go through a lot of ship. You know, you look on the internet, it's Joe Smoe from over here, Joe Smoe from over there, this girl from over here. Everybody just got some opinion something to say. Everybody grounded and blocking. Gosh it up, Let's get these people some advice who just love to crash out. God, hold lo listen, I got a hold homeless ky two drug addict shit going at me, talking crazy on the internet, mag it up stories on the Internet. It's at least made up stories. And it's just it's just a lot of noise. Yeah, man, like I gotta block it out. You gotta block it out. You got it, especially now when we we already see what the emotion is. Okay, I'm gonna say this and get clicked, so I commnd time my mind, size my page and my go virum and get money. So everybody is just saying everything and anything just to just to try to get these these odds on their pages. And I just I just like at this point, like because I used to get bothered by the things that that wasn't true, and I was always trying to like what nigga answering, correct, I was the same way you can't. Now I learned to laugh it off. Yeah I joke. I ain't even read this. Yeah, I joke it off because, like I said, Bro, nobody's gonna be more disrespectful than the niggas we grew up. You know what I'm saying, my friends, was the most disresplectful. Like I said, nigga, you came out no clothes off, no new sneaks. First they score easter. Nigga, your mom's a crackcats, right, how she what? She spends all the money on that pack. She couldn't buy you those sneakers. I got the us, you couldn't get it. I'm thinking. That's what I'm saying. Smoke, It's what I'm saying, And that's farming throng and thinking that's coming from a nigga who just what's playing the tendo with it. And there you turning around and tell you your yes, yeah, oh y'all crack you smoke too. Probably you know, yo, you've seen the game like me, from every angle, you know what I mean, from past to in the our time to present. How do you think it changed for better or for worse? Bro? I mean, we talked a little bit about the fact that the game is now is just so accessible that it doesn't have the same value. They don't feel the same as far as like you know, calling yourself a rapper. You know, you know, we we every day we wake up, we see somebody in the paper for something like this rapper and he's like I never even heard that, so that I hate that about the game, the fact that it's just the value of the job, right you got you have a certain limit and be like, oh, he's just a rapper, Like it's just and you got niggas in the street. I can wanted a rapper, serve. It's just trying to take what what that is? You understand because it was a time you work hard to be that because that was a way out, you know. Now it's just like it's just so accessible. So I don't like that for the game, but I always and I'm gonna always love the fact that the game gave opportunity to so many people, you know what I mean? Yeah, definitely, Man, he ain't because without getting I don't like if I didn't had a game, where would yo? Bro? I always say that too, Where would I be if I didn't have this opportunity? I have no clue. This is what I'm saying. If I had a game, It's like I would be probably like a fucking serial killer, Like yo, this is raised I'll probably be ill, probably be walking to y'all. This is what I'm saying, Like, I serious, No, that's a fact, bro. Without this what we was gonna do. Niggas, ain't we not colling to this? I'm not a plot I would have been out here like good with my hands. I'm not a fight iceman. Then not a mall a loan like Yo, one of my homies, right, Yo, i'anna tell you some funny shit, he said, like what we gonna do? I remember when our first moved to Florida around I'm telling the Holmi. I'm like, yo, I gotta find some landscapers to come through cut the crib. You know what I mean. I don't not doing none of that ship. I was like, Yo, yo'll know a motor law. That nigga was like, Nigga, you see these hands. These shit's getting manicured. All these hands do is write checks. I know how to do anything that a check paid for. Yeah. It was like, Yo, that's what they're good. That's what it was like. No, I know how to do everything, you bugget. Once I pull this check book out, it's get done it. So I know how to do everything. So when my be like, yo, you know it's getting done. Second, Yeah, called the hall met, Yeah it's done. I'm on the same sign. I don't. I ain't with the manual label. Man, noah, man, I ain't with the manual label because I showed you like y'all, I ain't want to man, you know, like a man's man like that, you know, lift my car up and take the wheel off and fix the flat tire. She we will leave a call there. She called the nigga that we got to help that. You know what I'm saying it COVID roads, yeah, roll side, all these roadside roadside and if you got on Star it's automatic, sort you push that button. Stop playing. I ain't. I ain't going past you know, I ain't going past hanging off a picture or something. No, that's a fact. And sometimes I might nigga niggas to do that because I want it, like organizing a certain pattern. Right, my my hanging might be a little as a little bit a little degree off. You need to want me to come, my man, jay No, mistery no Wi is right here, come and bring his love lever. Y'all did the level up right, and that's it. I ain't gonna see that little bubble hit the middle. He got it exactly. He's like, you got it. I do got a drill though, I gotta drill. I think he got the drill just in case he like, I get one of you niggas, I clap you and live, I'm a drill your ass. That's not the dum when you had to drill some ship though. You know what I'm saying that Yo, usually there to fill up or flag. You be feeling like a major limit sitting there like this. That's why I know I couldn't. I wouldn't have survived. Man, if this didn't work, I wouldn't have survived. So gave the game, gave. He gave us all opportunity to yeah, eat our families and you know, make our parents proud, you know, fact and and and do things that we never dreamed of doing, like you know, traveling right, been a Japan five times, you know Africa, like crazy toys, you're you're paying toys and you know, just awful music, yo, and what you said, like just kicking off on that making our mom proud. Bro, rest the piece. You know, I know you lost your mom. Not too long will go mad as you know you do the main old day we all birthday and sweat right every year and brook and then it be one of the illness turnouts because all my niggas is there for I hear it all the time. No matter where I'm at night. I don't call anybody at Brooklyn, what you doing there, I'm at Maine Off. This is so ezy. That's the door. I love that you do that for the community. Yeah that Yeah, we gotta do that. So the uh, the main old day is a real day. Like I'm actually got the day from the city. The city gave me to day because I was going my hood. I was doing the cold drives, I was you know, I was doing as much as I could, just trying to you know, get get that motivation. So they really gave me the day, you know, the Brooken ball president. So I didn't want it just to be like, you know, like a day just throw a basketball. I wanted to do something meaningful. So I was like, we need to block these streets off. I don't want to have a stage set up over here for the for the local artists, and I want to have, you know, stuff for the kids. I want to have venice. I want to have it's like a block party, festival event give back for kids. So you know it's it's huge. Yeah, I block off I block off Green all the way to Lafayette. I know it's to your locks, bro. They talking about it in the paper. Yeah, radio, yeah, news, confridge everything. That's amazing you've been doing that. I think, what is this? Your four foot murder gonna be the third? It's gonna be a third. Yeah yeah, man, See that's amazing, bro. We need more people like that. I want to, you know, show the community it's other ways, because I feel like we were shown. We were shown in a negative way, but we still were shown because think about it, the drug dealers and our error was getting money. Indeed, they was getting money, and that's what made us want to get money. Like wait, we ain't know what to do with the money, but we knew we needed to get money. And that I feel like we the generation showing the young kids who getting money what to do with the money. I tell, I tell your little niggas. I'm like you, look, your opportunity was way greater than mine. That's a fright. Niggas only had when I was your age. Nigs only had cracking the gun for me. That's a fact. You asked for some advice. Here you go cracking him down. That's it, right. So that was that was our opportunity, right, you gotta not just tell somebody. I feel like the lessons that was taught to us was like, Yo, you gotta do the right thing, and you gotta if you want to tell me to put down what I'm what I'm doing, give me something else, show me, show me, show me better than you could take. And that that's still applies. Kid, Just tell these kids stop sharing the go and shall stop whatever, yo, al and put the gun down back then set up. It was just like me Sha his ms on drugs, he ever met his father, he lived with his grandmother, he in the gang. It's the same story. So you gotta actually give them something and the and the problem is that we don't have no more senses and stuff like that. Remember that I was a little voice club and I am c all of that, man, the kidding me. I just have a school all of that. The ship, the b r C out there Eastern New York and all of that. Man, it's no more sillers you right, ship, it ain't even know yogi been yo. You know, I found you know, I found out that that was one family who funded that that wasn't from the city. Really, Yes, that was one family, like as if you and your wife for me and my wife just paid. That was one family who funded. We needed to shine light on them because they between that and free lunch in the summer time. Oh my god, that big came up Saturday morning, Saturday waning. It was that. But I am up front that bus ride. You had to be certified, was taking your candy. It was glad to be certified. We're going away to bush with Yeah. It was well, yeah, whole stop. That's the fact. The whole sto got bus like this, what you got? What's it that bad? Now? Now you're there? You big was kind of land into what spotted you feel like later on you understand, Yo, that bus ride was serious. Then you get to the center. Member, everybody's from all the hoods, isn't it? You went just two three homianes. They linked up. Y'all need to go get a lot of relationships and plums came out. Yogi Ber Beer, I got cool. I got cool with a lot of a lot of a lot of a lot of other kids from n og Yeah in Yogi Beer, I guess we was in the same route, you know, like Yogi Bear was that ship and you're talking about free lunch man. Now, yo, bro, big Apple was it? Remember they were yo, this was a time where they was shut down. What was it? I think it was the junior high schools because it was thirty three, even even higher seventy, but even in certain public schools because my fifty six yety six was open gross the street from Marsypool lunch in that yo. Yo. You see our always said I wanted to be in the era of how big Marsypool become Marsy Pool. And it's not in Bossi Marcy, Yeah, but it's deep Calby. Now listen Bossy Pool. Oh we was you sell you monsoo pools. You would lose sneakers. You only there if you wasn't certified and you took them sneakers off. It got in that pool, you got out. He was in their mind. And we was in Massapool fighting everywhere, fighting the lifeguards like you was in there. Oh my god, it was robberies going down like it was injuries. Yes, now that I heard, they got it on the timer. Now yeah, remember how you were in the Metropolitan pool because remember Metropolitan, that's the inside one. Yeah. Let everybody that they used to give a time that. Yeah, I ain't y'all to come back at two thirty. Yeah, I heard that's how they Yeah, now you know that's the pool. Yeah. We used to actually go to Mansa pool when it was clothed. When it was clod climb the gate. Climb the gate in there with your little joy and cops coming around ya flashing the flash.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: They had another part that was closed off. I guess it was open years ago, right, the deepest pools deep right, and we used to play on the top of that. They have fence on top and we used to was I never got I f I ain't never get on one of the holes and it was dirty and the one of the hole and stop watching. Yeah, one of my homies dropped his stop watching and went in there and got it. Oh he is sad. It was filthy year size of it. Oh yeah, savage Joe, I ain't gonna from one of the wireless pools. I ever been to a Brooklyn, this Vessio and fucking Brownsville that I know that was nigga listen. I was too young to be certified. I was in there with my cousins and the used to be in there front yo, bro Western f Shaw Price rock steal my cousins, Yo, bro, these niggas used to be in there going crazy wold and and I'm a short he just like. I remember one day sitting in Vessie at pool. I'm sitting there with my Mom's just on the cot on on one of the little bleacher stands, three on the tower. Whatever. A nigga climbed over the fence in a hoodie jeans tail, jumped in the pool, swim to the other side, got out and walked out. Yo, or mind me. I was a shorty, like yo, what was wrong? What's wrong with the media? He was hottest? He was from Brownsville. Yeah, different, so different, different DNA. That's a different deep different DNA, Brownsville different. I used to tell people because you know, going to school growing up in Brooklyn, that's one thing go. You know in the summer when you go back to school, you know, all the kids used to be like the teacher be like, yo, so what y'all did this summer? You know a lot of kids be like, yeah, I was in Virginia with my cousins. You asked the phrase I was in Jordah yo, like that, Oh my god, I spent my sow intil the Marcus Garvey and right, you know that was like a third world country. Bro. It was another word mother glass and still look crazy. Imagine what it was like then. Yo, it was yo, bro, it was the terror Dome. My grandmom's God bless us so, bro, My grandmoms used to pull out the Bible when I was to be like, I'm going out, Sonny, don't mind me. She used to be uncutting to me. I better watch him. You gotta think though, it was what what what it was for mother, oh grandmother fall in the eighties that they had kids in the ghetto. It was no phones, no, there was no cameras. There was no cameras. You let your kids go out. You could just all you had to do was all you could do is praying that they men and her. That's right, and it was broad. That's my first time seeing the body was in the veil. One hundred percent this way walking the fence was the ship. But you was it shorty like, yeah, I'm want my ninja ships walk the fi I see two niggas arguing. But in Brownsville back then, they had like the logs. It was like the tree like the tree cut out and there was the logs around. Oh yeah, yeah, I'm walking that. I see two niggas arguments like nine in the morning. I'm the only nigga outside. They arguing. I ain't paying no attention to it. I get around the other side. So I just hear a niggas say what motherfucker take that? And then you know, I'm thinking, no not he run off. It's like, Yo, it's nothing. That's cool. Hey arguing and help me run off? It's cool, y'all. Get around, walk around. May not look the nigga had a knife in his neck. Yo. Bro jumped down and ran to the crib with too my coussin. Yo, T way, yo, every they just stabbed somebody and we come down and bro body in the body in the park. And then that's what police used to be like anybody saw anything, like I ain't cause you bet not telling I So I wasn't outside. Way he was on camera, Yo, it's doing the only way you guys the nurst time ever seeing it go down, and I was like, oh, he left the knife and his neck was crazy. What's the gangster? Though? Left it in his neck? If you leave your knife knife in a nigga neck. You definitely a gangster. You you old fu leaving it? Then you gotta understand what leaving the knife and the nigga left. That's what I'm saying. You left your prints everything. As a kid, I ain't think nothing of it. But now it was like, take that he wanted to go down? Yeah, I see that was a bad nigga though. Yeah he was on some ship they was and we'll see that now. No he caught you know that all these DNA forensics shar is ass this book. Man. Yeah, that was my first first time seeing it go down. It was probably like nine g like what the fule or? But back to this man, so man like, when it's all set and done, man like, you did so much my g from the movement, like I said, from being in concentrated, coming home, taking over the gag, the media space, everything. When it's all sett and done, what you want people to say about meing though, that's what I'm building now, bro, legacy. I feel like I feel like I haven't done enough. Mmmm, it'still work because then it's still working in progress. You know, everybody's story different. But I feel like now we're talking about legacy so now when we talk about main O Day, that's legacy ship. That's right. The music is in entertainment is you know you could do all that and pass away. They won't They won't remember you. But when you're doing things like what I'm doing main O Day and building some stuff, that's legacy ship. You understand, Like, that's that's when we be here. When you're going music to correct, music will be there right what they may they may not remember you, it's you right like and what for for something? Right? Like? What who are you? Like? Why wat should my kids know about you? Because you had a couple of songs? Well it's too many rappers nigga, Yeah, you understand, so would you different? But you're not in that too many rappers. You made an impact by saying I'm trying to cheap making a impact that's gonna last weather. You did, bro You did make an impact gonna last five for Brod's trusted me. They like, my nigga. What you did for Brooklyn just either just think of fuck the rap game. They think of how Manx came out Brooklyn to even be on that Litz, for I named to be on that litz to be mentioned we accomplished something. We didn't even think it was possible broke because it wasn't they always was it was. It was fucking we did the impossible. Literally, what you mean you're gonna come home and wrap? Even our mom said that. Even my moms used to be like, boy, put that notebook away. Fuck you better put out that homework. I bet you moms won't ever ut of those words to me. Now she's like they could put that book back out. Yeah, man, Like I used to get shipped on. My brother was my number one hater. Really what it used to be like, Yo, dre, how to say last it sound like a pack of ass you trash yep from My brother used to shit on me. It wasn't until I dropped mine right with him and his mill. This is even after you was bleaks all that and the trash. I'm telling my brother was like me and my brother used to fight with it. Bro, that's right, thinkings hated. So that's why I know if he likes something that is really really it was one of my favorite songs. I grew up just a regular cat my brother. That's when I favorite on man that that song came about. Man, Shout out Jay Runner and what you think of that? I love what you think of that? And Yo, them two songs you bringing up is crazy because there's a movie behind both of those songs. Man rested piece of my Man's skins from Marci, you know what I mean. That's how regular Cat came about. That's why I say the ship. He was a dude from the hood nobody had to like and nobody seemed to like him. That was my dog, so nobody had to like him like he was. He was one of those. But he was one of my guys. You know how like everybody parents try to tell your mom, Yo, your son should hang with him like you were trying to kill him. He's a getting It's like, I think, I don't care what that's what's my dog. And that's how that song came about because I lost the homie and what you think of that? Shout out the bub wow. But Wild did that and we that was supposed to be the first single. There wasn't no myth Bleakers. I went all like, did y'all put it out as a single? First song? It was a second It came after myth Bleak. Is the story about that is we couldn't clear the sample. They wasn't clearing the sample. It wasn't no j verse on it or nothing. I had three verses on what you think of that? So then Jay, we took one of my verses off. Jay heard the record like, yo, I'm gonna put a verse on it. He put a verse on it. They cleared the sample, and we already did the video and then myth bleak is already So that's why we went with that first crazy no. Yeah, your businesses, I I always, I always. I was sitting back, you know, being the student of the game. My brother. You know that's trying to you know, show my reach, you know, because that's back then when the game everybody was on some make your major gangster ship. You drewing car, you job linking a lot steal my rather that song on his album Murder for Life, Murder, Murder for Arrested, Piece of Earth, Gandhi, he produced that Android Yeah, Murder the whole Life for that first JAU album is classic. I love that album classic. I don't think a lot of people give them credit that. Yeah, that Oh my god, it's like they erased that for John and Jay, remember like put it on like a girl Records you know, it's like they didn't. But he had melody and all that on that right, it was different. It was different tho it was more street. Yeah, that album was there. That album is I think it's my favorite Jabu album, the Misi. You know man, you know that album was it. I tell you to this day, bro, that's my dog that album is it. It's just you know, once he got that commercial success, he went to it like nigga, you got to take to that commercial that reckon with TK man, you t you just pla my dagger. You know, me got that great boy back to Brooklyn. So what I'm saying, should get that radio run there. That's a different love. Different. Yeah, That's why I'll be trying to talking with artists that that viral YouTube Spotify you got a million streams, is lit, but that radio hit run is different. It's yeah, yo, it's nothing compared. It's like they can't escape, you know. So now that you're with nowadays, you got artists that are like stars. But you'll be like, I don't I never heard of him. I don't know those music. Yes, when you when you on that radio and it's like city the City, National hands down undeniable smashing record. Nobody they can escape. You know you're coming. They all know where he is coming on morning on the night, whether you requested it or not. And that's why I tell these kids, Man, that's what you want to experience, because that's why Bro send you there. He might not have an experience that because the game is so different nowadays with them. Because these kids this they ship on the radio. Y yeah, Bro, it might right you. You we need the DJs. Remember DJ's and the rapper go together. Bro. Right, it's like a center and the point guard. Like a point guard ain't ship without a good power forward or center, and they ain't ship without a good point guard. It all goes together. Bro, it's teamwork. But now because of YouTube streaming platforms, the radio is not the place where where where people discover new music from them all. No, because you don't have to go. You could just put your music to your fans where it's cool. But radio still pays the modest. Bro. Look at a publishing check, but it's like this, what's yeah, what's the company think for the digital stuff? That sound exchange? Bro, that's all digital. My sound exchange check is never not like what ass cat or be it right, because it's all radio, but sound exchange can be good if you had all the digital yeah right, So I mean I just think the feeling of having that that radio smash and you not being nobody escaping you. You know, it's just different. Different what it feels like nowadays it is like you late, you got, you got all these streams, but everybody don't even know who you are because the member the promoters ain't on Spotify, they're not on YouTube. I mean, that's the ship. I think. I think that's starting to change though. Look at look at and be a Young Boy. No, n be a Young Boy is a phenomenon that that's a different. Like what I say, the people start, yeah, he's anomaly, yes, they just it's just they have to set the new for the new. It's the one that pushed the envelope for everybody else to follow. Now what people follow up is because as big as what NBA did, who knows, maybe not bigger, but but they now they realize. I think that they realize now that these kids can actually be stars in their own right without the radio. But it's a difference with NBHA because remember his influence and this is just my opinion, Like I don't know too many NBA Young Boy records, but I know who the fuck NBA Young Boy is, So that means his influence is bigger than the music. More kids want to be him. I will go outside. All these niggas look like NBAH with the music resonates though the concert. No, I see the videos eight thousand in the Barclays bro in the bar, first of all, hold on, you want to talk. I didn't even know we had that many Wayians in Brooklyn's. This is what I'm looking at the videos, like where the fun I knew three or four records, everything else, going crazy world for world, some of my some of my young boys living diebox. Yeah, yeah, I know. He's just so how I relate. So what I'm saying is that that mode of of not having radio hits and and and being so strong orline it's here. No, definitely, it's definitely. I'm just saying the pay is differently once they figure out how to compensate artists equally for the stream broadcasting, do nothing like you because it's no, it's like I don't know, I'm stam and get thirty five exactly. That's what I'm gonna saying, bro, I think how many artists gonna get a billions stream? Right, it's not gonna happen for any like it's not gonna happen on the gag. The gag in that way is definitely is done. Yeah, man, So just what would you what's what's your words to the generation coming behind you? What would your message beating him? Before we get up? Body? Keep going, man, keep going, take it to another level, that's right, Take whatever was already done to another level, you know, and live man, right, Just so so you know, you know, when we're young, it's just like we don't see the world where we see it now. So a lot of these young niggas they think being young is like they're gonna get award for it. Nigga, you should want to be one of these niggas one day, because the name of the game is to grow, live rugged old, not die young, Steve. Name of the game is the growth. That's a fact you should want to live. Ain't nothing more cooler than be alive? Right now? That's a fat bro. Ain't nothing more cooler than being alive? Being freaking money? Ain't nothing more cooler than that? Yo? I said all the time. Man, like I give bro, I give all the money away, so some of my homers can see the niggas that I lost as a kid, can see some of the ship out and live. You know what I mean, I give all the ship back. If imagine that I'm back, and live this shit with me and we'll go get it together. And that's what these kids better know, man, Live and live live man, they enjoyed this life. Were only here for a minute. That's it. When that number get called that it can't put that call on home, ain't no more. It ain't no I'm gonna call you back. Niggas be able to call y'all thaw you back. So so live you should. You should embrace you know, you know, further than your journey. That's right, you understand, like because that is what we're supposed to be doing anyway. That's a fact, man, that's love.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: I appreciate you pull do. But you know, brother, man, you know what it is. And we got real Brooklyn in the building, Kobj, you know what it is. We outside man in this rock solid and we always going to be solid. And you know when you see Main he wanted the last solid niggas level out here, man, So put that respect on him and show that love. He honorary Rockefeller Member because I said so. Tell high love me man, get my shame. Yeah, baby, lay my nigga dog. Love for life, My love for life.
Speaker 2: For more podcasts from iHeart Radio, visit I Heeart Radio, app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows at and you could follow me on any social media platform under the name Memphis Bleach. You see anybody fraud and flag 'em.