Speaker 1: Welcome to the solid verbo call that for me. I'm a man, I'm forty. I've heard so many players say, well, I want to be happy. You want to be happy for Dake Edith State. Is that whoo whoom and Dan and Tie, welcome back to the solid verbal boys and girls. My name is Ty hilden Brand. I am joined as always by my good friend and colleague can co host so many years way over there in beautiful New York City, a fine gentleman by the name of Dan Rubinstein. Sir, how are you, Ty?
Speaker 2: Let's take our time tonight above us as we speak right now, stars are watching, and there is no place and you know this, Tie, I'd rather be in this world.
Speaker 1: This is Bruno Mars.
Speaker 2: This is your your eyes, Tie, That's what I'm lost in. You know that underneath that chandelier I know you have is this versace on the floor, Bruno Mars.
Speaker 1: You really have a good voice. Tie. It's not is that it's not my serious XM voice, but you have a good voice. Well think is that the correct song? That is the correct song? I learn all of these songs online.
Speaker 2: Because I don't listen to the radio, because I take a subway to work and fascinating.
Speaker 1: Well, it's funny that you should bring that up, because we did a live show this past weekend and which was awesome. It was great to meet so many people. We had a packed house, which is great. The solid wife Kate reported that she went up to the bar to get a drink before we got rolling, and there was such a crush on the bartenders that they were asking each other if there was like an open bar, what's going on here? What exactly is this? So, by all accounts, verbalers were well nourished at our live event, but we had some snacks out there. It went very very well. Where I'm going with this is some people came up and they were asking about song lyrics, and that's right, they do like that, Is this something that we plan out in advance? Do I have advanced knowledge of what you're going to ask? And of course I never do. You just usually spring it on me. And because they listened to so much pop radio, I'm usual pretty good to get in the ear.
Speaker 2: You're very good at it, You're scary good. And I will echo what you said. It was a great time. The Fantasy Things Draft went off without a hitch at Hill Country Barbecue. It was so cool to meet people or see people that we've met before once again. I hope everybody got snacks or beer. That that social lubrication tie. That's right, that lubrication. And I don't want to spoil anything because I think people the show goes up when we're recording right now on a Thursday, goes up Sunday.
Speaker 1: Sunday, we'll put out fantasy things. Yeah, all right, I will just say this. Somebody fell through a chair. That's right in the very beginning of the show. They're okay, And I think that loosened everybody up. I think it did. It was a great icebreaker right in front, right in the front. Yeah, as you met and you can hear it on the audio. I have gone back and done a little bit of light editing. You can't hear it on the audio. It's pretty fantastic. One other bullet point on live show. Because the interest has been so great in coming to see the solidverbal live, but not everyone's in New York, we started a bit of an informal survey. We've gotten hundreds of responses already. We will link up that survey on the official posting for this episode. If you go on out to soliverbal dot com. Let us know hypothetically if we came and did a mini tour of cities where you might be able to come and see us, because you never know, it's always a possibility.
Speaker 2: Do you want to reveal what certain hotspots are or no, you want to just let it play.
Speaker 1: Out right now, Chicago, Atlanta and DC.
Speaker 2: But there's a Texas contingent that has split the vote, right.
Speaker 1: There is a Texas contingent between Dallas, between Houston and Austin. That little triangle area of Texas has definitely had the biggest footprint, the biggest response in general on the survey, but not in any one particular city.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Chicago, Atlanta, d C. And if it's cool and if we do end up doing a show in Texas, Austin feels like the most central, right, if my geography stand, I don't know, maybe my geography is wrong. I was a runner up in the seventh grade geography b Sierra CanYa Middle School. Not a huge deal tie, but I just want to make sure that factor.
Speaker 1: Sure, sure, sure, anyway, we'll link up the survey, go and take it. Let us know what you think we'd love to do more live shows. Perhaps we will come to your sit taym.
Speaker 2: And as a benefit, I had two point two beers and a shot of tequila and I may have been hungover for forty eight hours.
Speaker 1: Nice.
Speaker 2: Nice, Yeah, I was struggling through Monday. So hey, you get to experience that if you come out to one of those shows. And we will absolutely try our very best at any of those cities to do it at a venue that has a food quotient, because that feels right for our show. So I really don't want people to go hungry, and it seemed people just swarmed the food that we served like piranhas, which is what I wanted.
Speaker 1: So we're not saying we're gonna do, but we're just saying, if you'd be interested, go and take the survey. Yes, absolutely, very quickly. T shirts are still on sale for another week. You can find the link to that again by going to solidverbal dot com. We will be emailing everyone who ordered at the end of next week just to confirm addresses and let you know a status update when you can expect your apparel. We also have a pickam pool, which I will also link on the official posting for this episode out on solid verbal dot com. You can also find that if you're going out to the Twitter, the Facebook, the Instagram, or of course our new friends over at the subreddit.
Speaker 2: Dan, Yes, contribute to all of those things. And we've heard from a couple of women about the shirts and if we were going to offer tanks, if that is you, if you want if you're a dude, if you're a lady and you want a tank, we will look into it. But let us know so we have a sense that that demand actually is out there.
Speaker 1: Lady little lady has want a lady's specific shirt.
Speaker 2: Yes, that seems to be what we're here. So let us know if that's a thing you're interested in, and we will do our best to accommodate you.
Speaker 1: On that note, Dan, we got to talk more in college football, don't we. Maybe the first and only time this year will be drum rolling the ACC preview, certainly the preview show.
Speaker 2: I was going to say, I don't know how many ACC previews you have in mind.
Speaker 1: Yeah, hopefully what I've got enough once will be enough. Here we are going through the ACC today. Last week we did the Big Ten. Two weeks ago we did the Big twelve. We still have the SEC, which I think will be doing next week, and then just because we got to squeeze them all in, we're probably going to be doing one on the weekend or publishing a show anyway on the weekend to get the PAC twelve in before we actually start previewing games in pretty short order. Here, let's start in the ACC though, Dan, we've got fourteen teams. We've got seven per division. As you might expect, the Atlantic looks far superior, at least at the top, because it has Florida State and Clemson Louisville and Anti State kind of lurking around. Maybe they'll snipe somebody who knows. We've also got the Coastal division, which has a much different narrative. Can you name all seven teams in the Coastal without looking by.
Speaker 2: The way I'm looking right now, so it'll be unfair, I have to. I had to write it on my right forearm, as if I am about to cheat in algebra two.
Speaker 1: I'm not sure I could name all seven, and I'm not proud to say that, but I'm not ashamed to say that either.
Speaker 2: The only thing I know about the Coastal in general as a grouping this year is it's Duke and everybody else as far who knows who their co who knows who their quarterback is going to be with certainty and how they will look within that offense.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Miami, Virginia Tech, Pitt, Georgia Tech, North Carolina, all of them have new quarterbacks. We're going to get into all of that here and and much much more. Should we start at the top with Florida State? No, let's start with the defending champ tie show some respects. Okay, right right right, right, right right right.
Speaker 2: The All Championship Chief Conference because it was the best conference in America last year.
Speaker 1: The ACC. Let's start with Clemson. You're defending champions Dan, how do you feel about Clemson this year?
Speaker 2: I feel very good. I don't feel excellently. I don't feel eleven and one, twelve and zero about Clemson. But the fact that both of their lines are in terrific shape, the fact that they have a lot of experience, even if it's not starting experience in the wide receiving corps with running backs, secondary loses a couple key pieces. The linebackers are in good shape. But I'm generally feeling really good about a team that has recruited very well, that has held on to coaches, that has I guess, three great coordinators with co coordinators on offense. The schedule is tricky, but I'm about done doubting Clemson myself. So if they can figure out or more specifically, Kelly Bryant can figure out the offense or a way to play within this offense, if it's Hunter Johnson, the freshman, the blue chip freshman who comes in later on in the season like Deshaun Watson did when he was a freshman, whoever it may be, they are built to withstands inexperienced quarterback troubles. So I could not see them going anything less than nine and three.
Speaker 1: It's an incredible success story the way that Davos Sweeney's built the program. Consider the fact again that the Shawn Watson's gone, Wayne Gallman, Mike Williams or Tavis Scott, They're all gone. So is Carlos Watkins and Ben Bowl. I mean, there's a lot of elite talent walking out the door. The fact that there's still a top ten team in spite of all that tells you a lot about just how good of a job he's done constructing this through recruiting. Of course, the question here in twenty seventeen is not the defense. They're still loaded. The question is who steps up on offense? Right, yeah, who steps up? You mentioned the line. I think the line will support whoever plays quarterback, whoever plays running back, that's not going to be as big of an issue. I think whoever plays quarterback is going to have guys to throw to, including m my Doodlern dan Oh already right out of the shoot, my boy Dion Kane. I like that. I am excited. Can I talk to you for a second about Dion Kane? Please safe place Dion Kane. He's been a clemser for what two years now. Both years he's been overshadowed by bigger guys with better names. I need five touchdowns as freshman year nine last year. Actually, he only had four more catches last year than he did in twenty fifteen, and still somehow managed about one hundred and seventy extra receiving yards to boot. So I've been workshopping some slogans here that I wanted to run by you just to see you know what you think. It might be a bit of a hackneyed phrase, but option one how do you feel about Kine is able? It's not bad, Ty, It's not bad, not bad, That's all I'm getting. What about yes, I Cane? Oh that was good. That's where I'm going with is that number two? Number two is something that you know some people could get. We're you know, we're talking college foot Well, yes I can. Yeah, but that could be the mantra, not just for Dion Kane, but for the entire Clemson team. I think I came.
Speaker 2: It almost feels more inspirational and what I'm saying, Okay, I think that's the move.
Speaker 1: I did not expect you to react like that. I expected crickets like he gave me last time, way better than Alan Lazard. I still like duke of Hazard Allen Lazard. But whatever.
Speaker 2: Let's go through the schedule and figure out which players and which teams should be worried about their junken Christian Wilkins. How about okay, yep, yep, Auburn. They go to Louisville to Virginia Tech. We should have a tough defense. And like another year where seven dudes have the last named Edmunds, they go to North Carolina State, which is gonna be pretty tricky. They host Florida State and they go to South Carolina. So pretty tough.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm I'm skittish about September. I think there might be a loss in there. I don't like Clemson more than Florida State this year. I think that's a loss as well. I don't know if there is a third in there, but I think Vally I could see it happening. So I feel more on the side of ten and two than I do nine and three, but I think it's one of the other danger junk. Sorry, I'm a bad person.
Speaker 2: Yes we can, Yes we can. Yep, all right, I'm right there with you. Ten and two, nine and three, ten and two.
Speaker 1: Let's go to Florida State. Then let's do that. How about this one? The cook has left the kitchen? What is with you and nicknames? In twenty seventeen?
Speaker 2: The cook is out of the crazy branding. That's fine, it's yeah, it doesn't get me all worked up. Okay, what about yes we can?
Speaker 1: Mm? Interesting, we could just go an entire theme throughout the acc Yeah, ach or break your heart. Dalvin Cook is gone. The top four receiving targets are gone. DeMarcus Walker's gone corner is something to watch if you want to split hairs. And the schedule kind of sucks to be perfectly frank, because he got Alabama week one, Miami week three, n C State week four in a letdown spot, mind you, Louisville week eight at Clemson, week eleven at Florida to close out the regular season. That is five losable games. I'll say five and a half because I like NC State and awful lot. We'll get to that moment tarily Beyond all that, I love Florida State this year. Dan Why I like DeAndre francois more than seemingly everyone who covers Florida State football. I don't know why, but I like him. I like the fact that even though the cook is officially out of the kitchen, Jimbo's got about fifteen quality guys that he can trot out there at running back and get production. Wide. Receiver have been untested, but it's Florida State. They always so quality receiver, they just they do. Someone's gonna step up. And on top of that, all the defense was young last year. Now they are officially loaded, and they've got my boy, Derwin James coming back from injury. Yes, that's a lot to like about Florida State. I'm very bullish on the knowles this year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Florida State definitely one of those teams where you feel like, well, they've recruited so well that it's just a matter of time before somebody steps into that role, whatever role that may be, and succeeds. I like DeAndre Francois. I think he's promising. He's not somebody that I am totally fully convinced of, but still liking. Is a good enough situation in the ACC this year with quarterback, Yeah, the experience at receiver isn't great, but there's a lot of explosive potential. We saw some of that last year with the rotation guys who will step in the offensive line needs to get better at protecting the quarterback, but again, talent is there. Just need to prevent Hits defensive line is scary good, very deep. Josh Sweat will be terrorizing everybody. Matthew Thomas is back at linebacker, and he is I think he's thirty seven years old, could be he has been. He's been in Tallahassee a long time. There's a lot of there's a lot of quality at corner and at safety. Derwin James is worth everything. And here's the big thing about their schedule tie, which I like because we've been talking about body blow theory stuff for years, whether or not it actually is real, we enjoy talking about it. Yeah, all of those tough games, those five losable games, to varying degrees, they're all buffered. So obviously you have the off season before Alabama, so there is there's no back to back danger on this Florida State schedule, which is at least something to hang your hat on when it is a pretty tough slate going to Clemson, going to Florida, which might have things figured out to whatever degree later on in the season.
Speaker 1: So it's fine.
Speaker 2: You get a really good Miami defense at home. You know, Lamar Jackson's coming to Tallahassee. So if you're going to have a tough schedule, at least get that break.
Speaker 1: Which they have. You know what that means, though, don't you? What's that a lot of let down look ahead potential sandwich you I'm so oh boy, there you go. It's been a while since I had a chance. I like that sound underrated, very underrated. Yeah. I have a personal question for you though, as I'm always for Florida State. Yeah. Someone after the live show on Saturday asked for my hot college football take, and I said that I thought Florida State was going to beat Alabama. Okay, do I pull that one back and blame the alcohol or do I just roll with it. I'm not sure what the protocol is because I'm not one hundred percent behind that and I'm certainly not above a mia Kulpa. I feel like I might want to pull that one back because I've been doing a little advanced recon on Alabama and I'm not necessarily feeling as confident as I did with a couple drinks in me.
Speaker 2: Here's the case for Florida State over Alabama. We'll get to this in a couple weeks when we preview the actual game. The case for Florida State is Jalen Hurts struggled last year near the end of the year against the very good defenses that he faced. In Florida State's defense should be as healthy as it will be and be very good, so they could force a couple of mistakes there. They have the beef and rotation beef up front to handle both Scarborough and whoever else rotates in Naje Harris. DeAndre Francois is used to taking a beating up front and just bouncing back up. Camp akers should be able to run and continue to bounce back up against a really good Alabama front. So in terms of comparative talent and coaching, Florida State's right there, and it's on a neutral field in Atlanta. Should be a fast track there you go. I like that new stadium, you like that fast track fash track. Yeah, So that's the case. Florida State can force a turnover and play relatively safe. With Deandrey Francois can do they can win that game absolutely.
Speaker 1: All right, Well I'll wait to rescind it. But the solid verbal and the case of the knowles, Let's go to Louisville. Dan, I knew somebody from Louisville. Once Louisville, I was told that it's Wolville, like l Apostrophe, l Elville Minils. Just to be safe, it's just l's and v's. So a bit of a revelation last year with Lamar Jackson. He has quietly been my favorite story all off season because I can't tell you how many questions we got from people who were like Hey, is it just me or is nobody talking about Lamar Jackson? And then recently we actually got one asking us if the under hype was being overhyped, which is like ten dimensional chess. I can't even think that through. How do you feel about Louillville this year? Backlash to the backlash to the backlash, Yeah, I feel I feel good that they'll be entertaining. I'm worried a little bit about the secondary and still worried about the offensive line, which are two things that it's not great to worry about going into a season. Usually expect some skill talent with a quarterback of that caliber to find its way early on. Look Lamar Jackson, when he's protected, when the offense is catered to him, he's extraordinary. He is an absolute monster. And supposedly this year he's going to be in the pocket a little bit more less sort of spready and dual thready than normal. But in either case, he is really good at sort of reading the field, will take off if there's nothing. I'm not worried about him, even though he did struggle down the stretch a bit, somewhat of his fault, somewhat not there's a ton of size, a ton of speed in the receiving core, little inexperience. I listen up front, Louisville should be good. It's a new defensive coordinator. They sort of swapped right with Mississippi State. Peter Sermon comes in this fie old USC whatever and was not great for Mississippi State. Todd Grantham goes to Mississippi State. So they're going from like a three to four too, more multiple. Look, it should be fine because they're talented, especially up in the front. They'll miss DeVante fields, but otherwise the schedule is not fantastic. It's fine, not fantastic, But they have what I still think is the most dangerous person in college football with the ball in his hands in Lamar Jackson, which I think should count for something. Yeah, I mean, I think he checked all the boxes. The one thing I would add on the schedule, if you really squint, you might be able to find an eight and four season in there. But I think that's leaving a lot to assumption. I I'm going to assume that Louisville loses to Florida State and Clemson.
Speaker 2: They're better than everybody on this schedule other than those two teams. Right, there's like there, they clearly should beat those teams because of talent and coaching.
Speaker 1: So I think FSU and Clemson represent two losses for sure. The only other one in here that could be interesting is NC State. We'll talk about them next. That one's on the road, and it really comes down to I think how much you favor NC State and.
Speaker 2: It's a good matchup Frenzi State defensive line against the offensive line.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I am gonna I am going to trend on the side of ten and two for Roleville, which might be a little aggressive, but it's kind of the same team that we saw from a year ago, the same strengths, the same weaknesses. If anything, we know a little bit more, a lot more actually about Lamar Jackson. So I like this team. I still think they're third in their division. But let's go nine to three, ten and two somewhere in that range again.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I have them nine and three. North Carolina is interesting, even though they're starting over on offense and they go to Kentucky, which did they not in fact lose to Kentucky last year?
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so now they're on the road against Kentucky. They gave up forty points against Wildcats. Yeah, I think they've got a stinker in them in addition to Clemson in Florida State because of the offensive line, just because of the second aary, even though quarterback is largely an unknown in the conference. I'm going to go with nine and three. They have Purdue early on, which should be interesting. Purdue is going to get killed in that game, but maybe they show a couple flashes of what's to come with Jeff brom All right, let's pick up the pace a little bit because let's go what do we got?
Speaker 1: What do we got? Like eighty five or team to get through here? And seems the NC State wolf Pack. Dan, I love me some Jalen Samuels at h back whatever bet.
Speaker 2: When we go to NC State? Is this the reflection of you thinking they're the fourth best team or they're just next for you?
Speaker 1: I am thinking they're the fourth best team in this division? Oh division, in this division, not overall? What division is this? By the way, should I know what this is? The at Atlantic? The Atlantic. I like Jalen Samuels, I like Ryan Finley. I like both the offensive and defensive lines. Actually, I like the entire front seven for NC State secondary has some turnover. Secondary is gettable, but presumably teams are gonna try and test them out. Hopefully they'll have a chance to get themselves in working order before they play anyone really good. But I'm high on NC State this year. I'm feeling eight and four. Nine and three is a possibility. I've done this before where I've gone all in on a team. The only real solace for me at this point again in mid August, is that a lot of folks seem to be in on NC State. It's not just me. This is a team that I think has been building for a while and Dave Durham might finally have something here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they still feel eight and fourish, but a dangerous eate and forish. We saw it last year when they almost beat Clemson, you know, really should have beaten Clemson. And Ryan Finley is efficient. I like Eli Drinkquitz. I think he's a good offensive coordinator. He's a Malsan guy. He came over from Boise State along with Ryan Finley. But still worried about the secondary. Not crazy. I'm not as crazy about their offensive line as it sounds like you are. And schedule wise, I believe they're on the road at Notre Dame before they play Clemson, which is it should be a pretty tough one too. They open with South Carolina and Charlotte I believe, which, by the way, if you're going to that game, or if you just are going to Charlotte, or if you live in Charlotte already, Fudo Bhuta, I believe is how felieve is the name in place in Charlotte.
Speaker 1: It's killer. It's so good, Futo Buddha.
Speaker 2: But to Florida State two pit they have North Carolina obviously at home at the end.
Speaker 1: Of the season. Their defensive line will get them pretty far this year. Yeah, I'm just.
Speaker 2: I'm curious about Yeah, I'm curious about offensive efficiency. They still feel like eight and four to me, which is all things considered, where Dave Doran was a couple of years ago, didn't know what his job security was going to be. Like, I think it's still a good place to be if you are comfortably in a bowl game as NC State, with what they're up against in their own division, that's a It's a nice little year.
Speaker 1: They they could snipe somebody too. Absolutely, I think they could get somebody lose something stupid win something impressive that feels about right to me. All right, quickly, let's go to let's go to Wake Forest Dan. Oh, yeah, what this is? This is hot? Wake Forest takes right here? What is What is the state of affairs with the cloth Fens in twenty seventeen?
Speaker 2: Not great, ty, but it's they're almost better. They they sm how win games with no offense somehow squarely in the triple digits. They're like a reverse Oregon where their defense has been excellent, or it was excellent last year with Mike Elco who moved on to Notre Dame, but their offense was really really bad, or like a reverse Texas Tech. There's some potential at quarterback. I know they like Kendall Hinton. He's the sort of more promising of the two quarterbacks, A dual threat guy. Skill positions, fine, it's not a ton of explosive guys. Defensively is where they're going to shine. The front seven is still good and their secondary and it's a good year to be working in a new secondary. A lot of new names, new faces. Schedule is interesting to me.
Speaker 1: They go to Apps State, Hold on, hold on, hold on, please sorry, sorry listen, I wrote this down for wake Forest. Listen to this eight game stretch between late September and late I have this down too. It's a there's a buy in there, right, there is a buy in there. So it's not not consecutively, but at app State, which is a pretty good team, Florida State, at Clemson, at Georgia Tech, Loulville, at Notre Dame, at Syracuse and then against NC State that the bye the buys before Georgia Tech. Yet it's so I didn't write the buydown, but it's somewhere around there. That is a murderer's row. If you're Wake Forest losing a lot on defense at all three levels, talk about a heavy lift to get the same level of production from your defense, especially against a schedule like that. I'm not going to sit here and say that the ACC is going to be pyrotechnic on offense, because, as you'll find out shortly once we get to the coastal, plenty of teams have their own offensive question marks. But suffice to say this is this is a bit of a challenge for a wake Forest team that you know is turning over a great deal.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I like how they have to improve too bad on offense to make progress. Wake Forest feels like a team that is like a hitter who is not a good would hit her like a baseball player hitter, but he'll foul it off a bunch of times.
Speaker 1: He'll make you earn it. You bringing that for the hit and run.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, he'll wear you down. They might ground out eventually, but he'll he'll make it difficult.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean, they again feel like a bold team to me, just because of the talent on defense. So I'm gonna say six and six for Wake Let's.
Speaker 1: Go to the q S, Dad, we are breaking Shoot, I am naming Syracuse is my third favorite FBS school this fall. Really, so Notre Dame is. Notre Dame is still number one. Notre Dame is is Yes, there's still number. Penn State is two. Yeap, Syracuse I think is my three.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm okay, So just really aligning yourself with the friendliest fan base, that's right, That's right?
Speaker 1: Yeah, uh, just about everyone's back. Still not a not a whole lot of senior leadership on this team, which means that next year could really be the year to name them my third favorite team, provided, of course, that everyone doesn't declare for the NFL draft, which is always a concern if you're playing football or coaching football at Syracuse. Right, yeah, the offense is gonna score. There's gonna be a ton of fun to watch. Dino Babers as a bit of a track record in the second year. The second year, Dino Baber's surge is a real thing. The defense, ah, let's talk about the offense instead.
Speaker 2: That's how it'll be introduced during games. Let's take a look who's coming out on the field for the Orange.
Speaker 1: Let's talk about Eric Dungee. Right, yeah, I'm excited to watch this team play. Defense could be a bit of a liability, but that's nothing new. The road schedule is brutal, very brutal. I do think that Syracuse will be a fun team to watch in some of these spots because they go to LSU, which is weird game. We'd game for cues to play. But at LSU, oh, it's fine. They were they went to Syracuse not too long. That's right, that's right. Let's a stranger at LSU, at NC State, at Miami, at Florida State, and at Wllville. That's all five of their road games at all five are pretty damn tough. So I don't know if CUES is a Bowl team. I'd like to believe that they are, because of course you're my third favorite team in twenty seventeen now. But they should at a minimum be fun to watch because I think they're gonna score point. Yeah, I think they're going to give up more than they score a little bit more often. I think the game at LSU and then NC State Pitt Clemson and at Miami those are in consecutive weeks.
Speaker 2: Right, That's what I have down here. Okay, and that's tough for this Syracuse team who returns a lot. But is that terrific to return I don't know. I don't sense it will be all the time. I have Syracuse at like four and eight, a fun four and eight, but I against this schedule. I don't think they have the town talent level yet to really scare anybody that good.
Speaker 1: Yeah. See, that's the thing. They might not make a Bowl. They'll be fun to watch, though. They'll be fun to watch. Yeah, Eric Dungeon needs to stay healthy though. That's been the tough thing. All right, let's move on to go to Boston College. Dan b c m hmm. I'd like to read a passage if I could m okay, will you read it in an accent of some kind? I can't do accents. Okay. This is from the wise profit known as Doctor Seuss quote. You will come to a place where the streets are not marked. Some windows are lighted, but mostly they're dark. Okay, is that about Chestnut Hill? This concludes my Boston College preview, Dan.
Speaker 2: Wow, Okay, I will be a little bit lengthier, but not much lengthier. Offense is going to be kind of a mess. They're going to be not that exciting, but they might have a promising young quarterback and Anthony Robinson. Defensively, they're going to be very good upfront. The secondary is this is a running theme, questionable secondary. Yeah, team, questionable secondary. But I do have a dude alert tye.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, okay. This might be the uh the one lighted window at Doctor SEUs saw in.
Speaker 2: This is the one lit window Chestnut Hill. Harold Landry defensive end is.
Speaker 1: So good.
Speaker 2: He is scary, he is stupid, He has magnificent He reminds me a lot of Vic Beasley if you remember from a few years ago at Clemson. Yeah, he's not huge, but he's so fast and so relentless. And if we're going to talk about Syracuse's defense with Ah, we should be talking about Harold Landry plays with.
Speaker 1: That's not nice. That's not nice at all.
Speaker 2: He's so good and the defensive line will be very good too. But Harold Landry is He has a pain in the ass and I love watching him. So that's who you should be paying attention to. The schedule for Boston College isn't great. They have Notre Dame and then they go to Clemson and consecutive weeks, and then Virginia Tech and going two Louisville and consecutive weeks. They're not going to be great, but they won a Bowl last year, and if a couple of things break correctly, I think they go five and seven, six and six, five, then everything works out. Yes, ye're yeah, I think five and seven, maybe four and eight.
Speaker 1: Holy crap. Yeah, you're pretty much going doode alert on Steve Dazio. Then you're you're buying into well, he is the dude of the dood alerts. He is the one who started the whole dood alert thing. Yeah. By the way, there's a dood alert thread now going on the subreddit. Oh yeah, put your dudes in there. Huh wow. So you're feeling you're feeling okay about this?
Speaker 2: Then I think Boston College will ugly it up against somebody and win.
Speaker 1: How about that? Like Louisville, a, Virginia Taulville, right? Or Notre Dame. I don't know that's entirely possible. Do they have Notre Dame at home? Or is that a weird like?
Speaker 2: Oh, Notre Dame has a road game, let's schedule it for Cleveland.
Speaker 1: That game is in Boston. Is that Boston? Oh?
Speaker 2: Is at the alumni stadium. Okay, it's not Boston like we're playing at Fenway. No, no, no, no, it's an actual college stadium. Okay, cool, Dan.
Speaker 1: Every guy looks better in a suit that fits as opposed to one of those generic off the rack. Even Steve Adazzio tie, even Steve Adazzio, Danielle Steve Adazio sexier, not as sexy as Brandy Edsel. We get questions all the time, what do we do if I got to go to like a fall wedding. You're just ignoring my question. I say sex here. I say sex here. If you're going to a fall wedding, and if you're already in the headspace of like, damn, I want to watch college football. I can't watch college football. Hey yeah, you can stream it on the phone. Put it under the napkin. If you need advice, give us a call. We'll let you know, let you know how to do it. The other thing that you can do to brighten your mood is get a custom fitted suit from our good friends over at Indo Chino Dan. They have suited up hundreds of thousands of guys. They are now the largest made to measure men's wear brand in the world. Here's how it works. You go to Indo Chino dot com, i Ndo c Chiono dot com, or you can drop by one of their nine North American showrooms. Once you're there, you pick from hundreds of fabrics and patterns and choose your customizations from lapels, depletes, to jacket linings much much more. Then you submit your body measurements and then hell yeah you do you just chill. I'm looking for another bullet point here. It only goes up to five. You kick back, you relax, You get ready to step into the best damn suit you've ever worn in just about four weeks, provided you stay married for the considerable future. You probably won't have an event in which you have to tell people pick up this suit in this color from endo Chino, submit your measurements. That's right. What event would you have people order this for? Wow? I mean maybe the next Celibrable live show. If you really want to get dolled up for it, you could definitely make a mark. Yeah, beyond that, I don't know, but it's available well to you now. You can get any premium Indo chinosuit for just three seventy nine at indochino dot com and enter solid slid at checkout fifty percent off the regular price for a made to measure premium suit, plus shipping is free. Again it's Indochino dot com. Your promo code is solid for any premium suit just three seventy nine with free shipping. Do not worry ever again about badly fitting suits or expensive trips to the tailor, because with Indochino you can look like a million bucks.
Speaker 2: My alternate tagline. Since we're talking about taglines and branding, Endochino bodies can be weird. This makes it less So if you're getting that Indochino suit, why not pair it with a proper cloth shirt.
Speaker 1: Oh shoot, TI, life hack style hack. How do you like that transition? Ty, you're killing it today, free flowing right into proper Cloth, Thank you very much. Finding a dress shirt can be hard. Perhaps your oddly shape and I don't know, we're not passing judgment, but the collar might be too tight, the sleeves might be too long, something, something's always off. Yeah. If you order a custom fit shirt, do it through proper Cloth because it's never been easier. Go to propercloth dot com. They will let you easily create a custom shirt size in seconds. Answer ten ease of questions. It's Dan Rubinstein tested and approved. Oh, it's fool proof. You do not even need the measuring tape. It's easy. Plus. They have over five hundred fabric styles to choose from, including premium Italian and Japanese fabrics, as well as business and casual styles, all starting at just eighty five bucks. Best of all, they guarantee a perfect fit. If somehow it doesn't fit, they will remake it for free. GQ calls them their favorite online custom shirt maker. Ty, what do you wear under a suit shirt? I struggled a plain white undershirt. I struggled with the plain white undershirt. I've recently migrated to the v NEX shirt. Yeah sure, but it's tough to find a v NEX shirt that doesn't just beam through right your dress shirt after you get a little sweat action going, not that I'm like an overactive sweater, but then you see the V underneath, and then you see the V and it's like you're wearing a semi transparent shirt, which always makes me feel a little bit uncomfortable. Right.
Speaker 2: I never understood the tank option. I never understood the purpose the utility of the tank. I've always worn the white undershirt. I feel as if somebody out there listening right now must have a recommendation for a very breathable white shirt like very wiki.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well I haven't found that shirt. It could get proper Cloth. Let's look at proper cloth here. We'll pull it up after the show. Stop wearing shirts that don't fit, start looking your best with the custom fitted shirt. Go to propercloth dot com slash solid today. Your gift code is solid sol Id. Save twenty bucks on your first shirt again. Proper cloth is the name. Do it today and send me recommendations for undershirts that irrigate. I'm actually quite serious about knowing a little bit more about that. Oh good. If we have any fashion Mavens out there, cliverbofmail dot com, please. So that was the Atlantic. Let's move onward now to c an Ees. Canes. Wow, Okay, that guy still listen to the show? You think?
Speaker 2: I don't If he didn't respond the last time we asked for him to respond, I fear that he's passed on listening to our show.
Speaker 1: Probably well listening to the show. Yeah, yeah. The front sevens loaded, Dan, Yeah, it is. Everybody is back for the Canes Manny Diaz, Wow, just an amazing job in his first year in Coral Gables. Corn Elder's gone in the back. That's that's going to obviously hurt the defense. The secondary has more questions in the front seventh. Front seven is loaded, the real big question here as it is, but just about every team in the coastal. By the way, Miami fans want to know who's playing quarterback. And I think Miami fans wanted to be Nicosi Perry because he's the four stars upside. Yeah, he's a four star guy. He's a true freshman. Mark Rick said a few days ago that if he were making the call now, he'd pick one of the older guys in the team, so either Malik Rosier or Evan Sheriff's. But he hasn't made that decision yet, so I suppose there's still time you could go with Perry. Right now, it looks like Rosier probably has the inside track on being named the starter. If he is a starter, he can throw to my boy almost my dood alert a Mon Richards, who broke all of Michael Irvin's school records for freshman receiving yardage last year. He's going to be a target out wide. And I like Mark Walton and some of the other key cogs they have there. But the big question is quarterback.
Speaker 2: Who is playing cour I don't have the answer now, you I didn't know if you were expecting some sort of insight. Now it seems like it's still pretty wide open and everybody sort of brings their own advantage and disadvantage. I think the key for Miami is ride that defensive front seven. The secondary is not bad. I think you covered everything good about the skill guys, a little bit worried about the offensive line. So it's good that they have Mark Rick, who has traditionally been very good with developing quarterbacks, and brad Kaya was not world beating, but efficient, I would say for Miami, and sure consistency is good enough for pretty much ninety eight percent of programs. The schedule is not bad. I don't think they play Clemson right, correct. They get Notre Dame and Virginia Tech both at home, I think consecutively after North Carolina on the road. But you know they go to Florida State early on. And the other big name that you left out, I mean many Diaz, excuse me, deserves credit. But Craig Kolangowski defensive line coach, the guy that developed every single one of those ridiculous Missouri players, Michael sam Cony, Eally, Charles Harris. He is now coaching for Miami, and that is a very good thing for Miami. So I expect them to terrorize a number of teams and maybe win a game they shouldn't because of that front. So I've got nine to three here, Yeah, despite not having a quarterback in place.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Yeah, I'm feeling Miami in a good way this year. We're going to know a lot about them. In Week three at Florida State, wasn't a.
Speaker 2: Mon Richards and I think you're right. Wasn't Amon Richards the one who jumped over the Notre Dame corner? That was a wonderful moment. Even as a Notre Dame fan, that had to have been a little bit like, okay, that was fine. I'm really glad that you bring up him hurdling a Notre Dame defender. Think my favorite kind of picture that is taken by professional photographers, and you know, all newspapers should have those whenever that moment where a player appears to be tackling nothing because they've been hurdled. That's such a great just photograph all the time.
Speaker 1: Do you like Miami more than Virginia Tech? It's closed, right, I think so.
Speaker 2: I think I like Miami better because I like the skill on offense that will surround whoever. I mean, the Tech is gonna start Josh Jackson, and I think the offensive line is better in Blacksburg. But I think the fact that Miami has the front that it does is better than anything that Virginia Tech does, even though they also have a good front that I think.
Speaker 1: I like the schedule better. I like Virginia Tech. I do, yeh. Josh Jackson is taking over for Gerrod Evans who left. He has a similar skill set to Gerard Evans. So I would expect that the offense at Tech would look fairly similar to what we saw last year, hopefully a little bit more efficient. They still have Trayvon McMillan at running back. He's a junior this year, had seven touchdowns a year ago, but they're gonna need more out of him. They're gonna need more efficiency out of McMillan if they want to really booy this offense. Because they are experiencing some turnover they lose as they afford. They lose Bucky Hodges in the passing game. They still have Cam Phillips, who's going to be their new number one. But beyond that, it's a lot of guys with potential and not a lot of experience. It's really a great unknown. And then on top of it, the right side of the offensive line is being replaced, suffice to say, justin fus in front of him. On offense, I don't worry so much about the defense because they were really good last year. They are young and inexperienced along the line, but it's a party in the back dog. They are loaded in the back seven, especially at linebacker.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I really Yeah. The linebacking corps is very good. There's huge talent along the defensive line, even though they replace a good amount. Yeah, I feel pretty good. Well know, early on because of West Virginia. And we actually had somebody named Bill Greer or Billy Greer tweet us that I think you were correct.
Speaker 1: His Twitter name was at least labeled as Clay Tiles. Oh okay, and he said that I was correct with my analysis of syllables.
Speaker 2: I disputed it. But in any case, Virginia Tech has Clemson at home. They don't have Florida State. They do have a tough stretch with I think going to Miami to Georgia Tech and Pitt.
Speaker 1: But otherwise I feel pretty good about Virginia Tech once again. And it's a matter of and I think you hit it is you know, can Josh Jackson developed like Jrod Evans did, who was older when he arrived in Blacksburg. Josh Jackson still a register freshman who has not taken an actual snap yet. So maybe they don't win the division like they did last year, but they're still a dangerous enough team and I think they're they're sort of in that eight and four, nine and three. If Josh Jackson is terrible seven and five. Yeah, And here's the thing, justin fluent, they won ten games a year ago. Ten wins feels too aggressive of an expectation. But the defense again should be good enough to keep them in just about every game. And there are a bunch of teams in the Coastal that truly could come off the swivel and open the doors for TECH, depending on what happens at their quarterback situations, because that's a big deal in the Coastal this year. They're all looking for new quarterbacks. The schedule isn't terrible for a team that's going through the kind of rebuild that Tech is going through. I think it's it's there. It's potentially their ten wins. I don't think it happens. I agree with you. Eight and four, nine to three seems much more realistic at this point.
Speaker 2: Also, it's a tough place to play. I know all the West Virginia game is in d C, I believe, but playing its pit playing against Clemson at home, that's that's a tricky place for a green quarterback for Clemson against a really good secondary, a pretty good front. If you wanted to pencil something in danger wise for Clemson. I think it's probably tech on the road.
Speaker 1: You mentioned Pitt. Let's go to Pitt, Let's go secretly decent? Are they again? Yeah? I think they're still in that category, to be perfectly honest. They've got a new quarterback taking over for Nate Peterman, and James Connor has now moved on. He's playing for the Steelers, and actually I saw he's got one of the top selling jerseys in the NFL. Hell, yeah, good for him. They also lost their offensive coordinator, Matt Canada to LSU. There is not a ton of experience on defense. They've got Penn State and Oklahoma State in the non conference. The silver lining is that they don't have to play Florida State, Clemson, or Louisville during the regular season Lollville. I could play this a couple different ways with Pitt. I trust in Pat Nardouzy to put together a defense, even though again not a ton of experience. I trust in his abilities to put a defense out there that will be competitive and keep the team in games. Offense, I don't know what to expect. I really don't.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's the reason, Well, okay, I think there's a little bit of clarity on offense because we know Max Brown is talented, the USC transfer who came over. Sean Watson's the new guy calling plays, and not a great sign that he tends to leave fan bases disappointed. Didn't he leave He left Texas right, yeah, and he was in Indiana recently and and sort of helped with quarterbacks. I'm curious. I'm curious because Max Brown has weapons. He's got Kadri Allison, Quadri Henderson and Jester Wia who are i mean underrated, secretly, decent, whatever you want to call it. Those are two very good receivers, quality not seen since the Larry Fitzgerald Yogi Roth handled that's from the early two thousands. Defensively, they got better up front last year, but they're replacing everybody and they still gave up way too many big plays. Secondary again got a it's a bit of a weakness. I'm so worried about this team having to win shootouts, so that's my thing. Schedule's nice ish because they missed the teams you mentioned, but they still travel to Penn State and they have Oklahoma State, two teams that will be very eager to throw against the secondary. I'm going to say Pitt comes in again. I think there's gonna be just and this seems to be the way every year in that seven eight win sort of place. I think they're gonna be a lot like NC State, but sort of flipped where they're going to have these crazy games because of the offensive skill, but they're also going to lose something stupid. So I have it at because the schedule is relatively advantageous. I have them at eight and four, eight and four. Yeah, seven, seven and five is reasonable. Yeah, I feel more seven and five than I do eight and four.
Speaker 1: Pitt has had some really nice schedules recent like, oh yeah, doesn't it feel like every year when we're doing it an ACC preview where it's like Pitt, I don't know if they're great, but it's coasting sort of worked out Coaston in the coastal. Yeah. I'll also add one final point. If Penn State has an opportunity to roll one up on Pitt, expect them to pull out all the stops and just bear them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, in Penn State is won how many now in a row against Pitt. I mean it's got to be at least it's big That's why I'm the database. Yeah, okay, all right, Georgia Tech. Okay, I feel I need to recuse myself from Georgia Tech. Do you have a crush, ty, No, I have no crush. I've never gotten Georgia Tech right, and it does.
Speaker 1: It was comforting to read the Bill Connolly preview and realize that he's never gotten Georgia Tech right either. I will cover Georgia Tech very broadly. They've got an interesting game in Week one against Tennessee mm hmmm, which probably means more for Tennessee than Georgia Tech. It just means more. They've got an offense that needs a replacement for Justin Thomas at quarterback. They've got a defense that I got to be honest, I looked at it. I am not a huge believer. They're relying on a lot of potential beyond the secondary, which should just be okay. They also played Georgia in the non conference, and they've got a road game against Clemson. To me, that is not favorable for Georgia Tech's prospects in twenty seventeen. So I am not a Georgia Tech believer, which of course means they'll probably go nine to three. Where do you stand?
Speaker 2: Probably seven and five, eight and four. They very quietly went what they ended up nine to four. Last year they went five hundred in the conference. I think somewhere around there because of the experience. I like the offensive skill that they bring back. And here's the key, and this is not just key for Georgia Tech, but for any team which offensively plays in a very specific way, whether it's uptempo, whether it's Georgia Tech with ball control. If you give the ball back to Georgia Tech, if you were an opponent of the rambling wreck and you give the ball back to them, that's brutal. Again, it doesn't bring me any pleasure to bring up the Navy Notre Dame game last year.
Speaker 1: I'm sure it gives you no pleasure whatsoever.
Speaker 2: But certainly, the last thing you want to do against a ball control team that wants to just physically wear you down on the ground is drop the ball onto the turf, thrown interception, whatever. And that's what Georgia Tech's defense is predicated on. Turning the other team over. That's what Texas Tech tries to do and fails to do, turning the other team over. You know, putting them in bad situations, negative plays, because if they have to play you twelve fourteen play drives, whatever, you're just gonna beat Georgia Tech. That's just plain and simple.
Speaker 1: They can't.
Speaker 2: It's tough to come back at times for the for the Georgia Techies, for the Yellow Jackets. So I am god, they're gonna beat somebody good and they're gonna lose to somebody dumb it. It just feels like a coastal theme. So they have pitt in North Carolina. They will probably beat one of those teams in consecutive weeks. They are on the road against Miami, on the road against Clemson. I don't feel good about them against either one of those teams. But could they beat Virginia Tech again this year at home? Maybe Georgia a team that we have no idea what to expect. Maybe it's a lot of babies on there, a lot of toss ups. Yeah, it's Georgia Tech.
Speaker 1: Maybe let's go to North Carolina. Okay, North Carolina is interesting. Another team. Tell me if you've heard this one before. The new quarterback in the coastal. Now they lose general Mitch Trubisky, who was drafted very high by the Bears. They also lose TJ. Logan and Elijah Hood. They lose Ryan Switzer and Bug Howard, so there's some turnover on offense. Defensively, their front seven should be good enough. It's not a lockdown front seven, but it should be pretty solid. I feel confident about five or six wins. But again, these teams that have so much turnover, it's really tough to forecast where you see them going in the near term. I like Larry Fedor. I've always liked Larry Fedor. I think he's a good coach, great abs. Brandon Harris is probably going to be the starting quarterback, and he does not inspire a ton of confidence Dan I saw him at LSU. That does not leave me feeling good about what this team is going to do against. Again, a lot of tweener seven and five, eight and four teams that they're going to play in the ACC. So again kind of on the fence here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think it's a reboot year. That's what I think our pal Bill Connolly called it. For North Carolina. It seems like it's a year that Larry Fedora had to really acquaint himself with anybody fast on offense because a lot of new faces like you you Steep, your phil got it, got it.
Speaker 1: Got it, got it, got it.
Speaker 2: And with Brandon Harris without the continuity at quarterback, I think that's gonna be tough a little bit early on.
Speaker 1: Everybody seems to be unproven.
Speaker 2: The offensive line is pretty good, they add a couple transfers, they still have experience. Defensively, they struggled until Jeane Chiswick, who is now gone. But they're sort of been but don't break e and that's an improvement from where they were. Schedule is tough roads late. I would say tough roads late, but they don't have Florida State or Clemson.
Speaker 1: I don't believe.
Speaker 2: So all things considered, it's good for North Carolina have to have a reboot year this year, Let's go to their rival.
Speaker 1: Dan. Okay, let's go to Duke the Dukies. Duke to me feels like a poor man Syracuse. What oh. I'd much rather watch Duke than Syracuse this year. Daniel Jones has receivers. The defense is eh. I like Daniel Jones a lot. I think that David Cutcliffe is building for the future at Duke. I think he's doing a pretty good job there. You're talking about Daniel Jones like you talk about a cousin you really get along really well with, but is married to a nightmare. And that nightmare is Duke's secondary their defense. Yeah, yeah, it's tough. I like the linebackers. I do like the linebackers for Duke, and they've recruited pretty well. Quietly, they've recruited pretty well on both sides of the ball. Duke doesn't play Syracuse, by the way, which is a bit of well, that makes that, that makes that maybe in the ACC Championship, who knows. But I would feel much better about Duke if I felt better about their secondary. Weird schedule for Duke. Northwestern and Baylor in the non conference they go to North Carolina, which goodyear to go to North Carolina. They have Miami, they don't have Clemson. They go to Virginia Tech. It's I think they're gonna I think they're quietly decent, quietly decent. Yeah. I like David Cutcliff a lot. I think he is.
Speaker 2: I think he's a pragmatic coach. I think he knows pragmatic coach. How about that? How about that tie five dollars?
Speaker 1: Word good for you. Thank you. We've got one team left here. Yeah, I think Duke can get back to a Bowl game. We'll do a long distance dedication here for a good friend Will in Minnesota, who I know, Oh yeah, just in for a long time. He writes and calls in from time to time about UVA. Virginia should be decent in its front seven, right. Yes, I like Andrew Brown a lot. There's a lot of good young talent, but they are replacing a lot of production on offense and there's just there's just a lot of youth. I think next year will be better for Bronco Mendenhall. We interviewed him shortly after he was hired. He talked to us about naming his kids and a very good natured guy. He was a fun guy to interview, maybe the most fun of any coaches we've had an opportunity to speak with here. But it's just going to take a while. There wasn't enough in the cupboard for him to work with, and I think a good place to start this year will be defensively again along that front seven. Virginia could have a couple games this year where you look at the crawl at the bottom of your CBS game. Let's say, and oh, Virginia is within four points of Team X here in the third quarter, late in the third quarter, just because their defense should be pretty solid.
Speaker 2: Defense should be pretty good. They have an All American caliber player in Quinn Blanding. It's big safety who's been seems like forever, really good. I like the linebackers, They're still pretty young. Secondary, even with Blanding is kind of mixed. Road slate is it's pretty tough. They go two Boise State early on. They have North Carolina pitting Wolville and I think Miami on the road. So offensively, they need to do something. They need a spark somewhere, and I don't I honestly don't know where it's coming from. The skill positions are not that great, the line isn't great, the quarterback isn't great. So they're gonna have to win some ugly, ugly matchups.
Speaker 1: There you have it, fourteen teams up, fourteen teams down. Dan, what is your ACC Championship game? I'm I think I'm gonna go a rematch between Miami and Florida State. So you're not going Clemson. I'm not going Clemson. Obviously was that hard for you because I feel like you really like you want to pick Clemson, but your mind is telling you otherwise.
Speaker 2: You know what, No, I'm selling gonna go Florida State. Let me look at Florida State schedule once again. I have in front of me Florida States schedule is it's pretty good. Even though they're at Clemson at Florida will not affect their acc standing. So I am going to stay with Florida.
Speaker 1: I like Florida State against Miami. I could see it being Virginia Tech, but right now I favor Miami because I like their defense a little bit more than I like Virginia Techs. And I trusted Mark Rick's ability to develop a quarterback right that game's at Miami too. Game is at Miami. What I will say about Florida State is because of their strength of schedule. And I've seen this post it in a couple places. Actually today, I was going to say it before I read it. I promised you this is a team that even if they have two losses, they could lose to Alabama week one, they could lose another game along the way and still be viewed highly enough by the Playoff Selection Committee that they could be a choice to make it into that final four if they win the ACC. I think it's I think it's on the table for them to be selected, maybe with two losses, if it should come to.
Speaker 2: That, right, Okay, could happen. Okay, I'm rooting for the Knowles this year. Who is the ACC Offensive Player of the Year? And you can't say Lamar Jackson? Damn you ready, I'll give you mine first. I'll give you another second to think about you.
Speaker 1: Go ahead. Here it is Quadri Henderson, your boy, Pittsburgh Panthers love him. If I can't say Lamar Jackson, come on, there's a couple of good running backs here. Yeah, Walton, No, I don't think Deon Kane is your dude. I could go Deon Kane. But are you a full believer in Kelly Bryant. No, I'm not. See that's the problem. I'll say DeAndre Francois.
Speaker 2: DeAndre france Wall Okay, defensive player of the Year. And you can't say no, you can't say Derwin James, Harold Landry. Then yeah, I'm gonna go Harold Landry. Ah, Yeah, I'm gonna go Harold Landry. He had sixteen and a half sex last year. He's very good. He is very good at football. Another defensive name I like a lot. Wake Forest has a defensive end named Duke, which is very confusing for me. Tied to EDG four, I believe, and he was very productive last year and I think he will be again super fun to watch.
Speaker 1: You can say the complicated ACDC names this year. Okay, I said pragmatic tie and I pronounced it correctly. There you have it. So we're both going Florida State ACC. Cool. Who's the worst team in the ACC this year? Virginia? I think I think we agree. We agree Virginia close second? I think is Boston College? Okay? All right, go on uva, well writ in. Let us know what you think. We are at Solid Verbal on Twitter, on Instagram, on Facebook. Do comment in the subreddit which some of our loyal overballers have set up. It's growing very quickly. Get on in on that before the college football season gets rolling. We do have a pickham pool which I promised to post alongside this episode. If you go on out to solidverbal dot com and we've had hundreds, literally hundreds of orders for our T shirts. Yeah it's really cool, which again, you can find that order form if you're going out to Sliverble dot com and click on store. It's also been posted in a variety of different places, but if you're interested twenty five bucks, get in on the fun. Where it out to Your favorite college football team's next game will probably have those. Have those out to you around mid September or so. And the only other bit of homework we have in addition to going out to the Facebook in the iTunes pages to review the show give us a five star review. Of course, the only other homework item right now is take the survey. Take the survey, let us know where you're at. Most importantly, let us know where you would come to see a hypothetical Soliverble Live show if we should decide to take this whole thing on the road. Chicago's a no brainer. Atlanta is a no brainer. DC. I think it's a no brainer. I like people he see's a no brainer. Figure out a Texas show. I would say the Texas show is probably a no brainer as well. Now, I don't know how we're gonna do this by the way, logistically speaking, but as it relates to just hypotheticals, we'll take the old fashioned chow choo. We could add a fourth city in Texas somewhere, and then there's a battle royale going on out in the West Coast between La San Francisco and Seattle. And unfortunately, the West Coast is rather long, so I don't know if there's a centrally located spot that everyone can get to easily. But if we were going to add a fifth city right now, it would probably be one that could accommodate those verballers. So we're gonna go to Santa Maria, California. That's right.
Speaker 2: Split the difference beween Ali and San Francisco, the home of Tri Tip Barbecue. Tri Tip that's where we'll do the show. Yeah, all right, well, let us know again take the survey. If there's anything else that we missed by all means solidverbal at gmail dot com is the email.
Speaker 1: Oh we've got serious XM too, We do, Dan, It's funny that you should bring that up. I was just gonna get to our kapper on our acc preview. He lists ladies and gentleman. Welcome back Serious XM. The Solid verbal e at eight. Give us a call on the Dave Davis Dental hotline. We're talking acc am I crazy? Or can Clemson repeat? The new guy might be even better than Watson, or so I've heard from some people who know. Can Jimbo make a run this fall? He's got the talent down there in tallahass no doubt about it.
Speaker 2: Are we forgetting about Lamar Jackson? A lot of people already don't remember that he on the Heisman Trophy?
Speaker 1: For Christ's sake? Will the coastal be all about the you? As they say? Gotta love what Mark Rick has been doing down there, no doubt about it. A lot of people jumping on the NC state bandwagon? Are you? Huge question? That's for sure? Can North Carolina rebound part in the basketball term and get back to competing on the big stage? A lot of eyes on the heels. Paul Johnson STU were running that option? But is he running out of options in Atlanta? A huge question, no doubt about it. What about Justin Bowne and the Hokies? Can they ride that? Bud Foster blue collar, lunch pail, gritty, keep your head down, Jim rat manual labor, coal mining, time clock, working class, manufacturing, physical, double shift, hard labor, defense, big question, no doubt about it. And Who's gonna shock the world? Virginia Boston College, Wake Forest Pitt Syracuse. Dude, my money's on one of them, and once again eighty eight, nine, nine, nine, ten, ten, give us a call him the Dean Davis Dental hotline. And because you requested it, and because he lives in my pocket, Bruno mummers Ah, I see what you did there. That's why you use those lyrics at the top of the show. Ty It's full circles. That's what the experts call it, the circle of life. On the verbal you like Bruno Mars. I think Bruno Mars is huge. Bruno Mars fan, we are cool old people, Tye. On that note, thank you so much for listening to the show. Tell your friends, review the show, send us email, send us tweets, send us whatever you got. We are rounding into form here as college football season gets ever so close in the window, We're gonna be publishing our Fantasy Things Live show. I'll taste of what our friends had to bear witness to this past weekend on Sunday. We will be back next Wednesday. We're going to talk some sec oh and then probably going to publish another show on the weekend. Gonna get another one out there because we got to talk PAC twelve before we actually start previewing games. I am excited. Ty. I'm gonna be honest with you.
Speaker 2: There were times this summer because I had a very very distracted summer, getting married, going on my honeymoon, Sure, a lot of naps, Sure that I didn't know how I felt about this upcoming season. I know, but in the last few days, the invigoration is real.
Speaker 1: So let's do this for that guy over there, my good friend Dan Rubinstein, for myself, Tie Hildebrand. We'll catch you all in a few days and I meantime, Stace Peace, don't forget to check out our friends over at propercloth dot com slash Solid. Do it today, enter the gift code Solid saved twenty bucks on your first custom fitted shirt. It's never been easier thanks to proper Cloth