Speaker 1: Hello, Hello.
Speaker 2: How's it going Pretty fucking chill?
Speaker 3: Dude, pretty fucking chill? Why is it going for chill?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 3: Yes, sir? Who is this?
Speaker 2: Uh? You can call uh? I'm I'm down to go by my former uh smash bro's name, Stud with the money sign.
Speaker 3: Okay, Stud with the money sign. Um.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 3: You sent me a lot of texts. I'm gonna read all of them.
Speaker 2: Uh yeah.
Speaker 3: First of all, your name, your name is Chris. I might just end up calling you that. You said, I'm Chris. I'm violently hungover at work right now. You sent me that about uh two months ago. Then you just said I've been crashing the fuck out for the past two months, got a haircut today, and I'm ready to be a menace, okay. And then you said my name is Gannendorf. And then you said anyone who manes Little Mac on Super Smash Brothers is a bitch. And then you said I got sent to jail on Valentine's Day and I'm out now. So it sounds like you were a little bit too much of a menace. So let's okay, let's get into this here. So you said I've been crashing the fuck out for the past two months. I got a haircut today. I'm ready to be a menace? What does that mean?
Speaker 2: So, like, basically, like when that was going on in my life, I was just being belligerently drunk on a regular basis, and I was doing like a lot of fucking cocaine because there was a lot of stuff going on with my So. I got two baby moms. My first one she doesn't I can't see my son. She has a restrain order against me that I don't know if it's still standing because it got put on a temporary status. And then my second one is now withholding my son away from me, And that was a big contributing factor to like me constantly crashing out because she blocked me on everything. She doesn't bring my son over or anything anymore, and it just kind of like ultimately resulted in like me just crashing the fuck out on a daily basis.
Speaker 3: I see, have two different baby mamas. Yeah, how old are you?
Speaker 2: I'm twenty nine. I'm turning thirty in July July fourty exact.
Speaker 3: Okay, I have a birthday, And how old are the kids?
Speaker 2: So my first one, his name's Arrows. He turned three on January twenty second. And then my younger one. He's one and a half. His name is Dayden. He turns two on September twenty third.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, so these are recent kids.
Speaker 2: Yeah, pretty pretty recent.
Speaker 3: And all right, let's start with the first one. Okay, I'm sorry you mentioned one as there stranding order, and then the other one does block to you. What's the deal with the other one?
Speaker 2: So with the second one, we were kind of on and off a little bit, like maybe a year after we started dating, a year after my first son was born, and we were kind of on and off since then. So for like the past like two and a half is years, we were on and off. When and when we had gone back together at some point I can't remember the exact timeline of it, but we got back together and then she ended up getting pregnant. So during that time we stayed together, we were doing everything together, like living life, we got our own apartment, and then after we had the baby, a lot of the like the postpartum stuff like it got like out of hand and she wasn't really aware of how to like address things, and it kind of it went down like the path of like her pushing me away I was doing everything for her, like really trying my very best to like let her know, like you can come home and talk to me. And ultimately it just like boiled down to like her pushing me away, and I'd be up all hours of the night with the baby alone. And then it led to the point of like me cheating on her because I felt alone in the relationship. And when I cheated on her, I cheated on her with this girl and she gave me HSB one and I was unaware of it because I was asymptomatic. Yeah, I got HSB one from her and she told me, but I don't recall it because I was drunk and on a lot of drugs. So after I had slept with that girl, stepping out on my second kid's mom, I then gave it to her because I didn't know that I even had it. And then that from that point forward, like the relationship completely like dwindled away. We broke up, and then we tried getting back together sometime later, and that was around like August of last year. And when we were together, the way she went about like trying to deem it as like me rebuilding my trust. It was like her policing me me having to send her constant pictures of like where I'm at as I'm like commuting like from place to place where I'm seeing even though she has my way.
Speaker 3: She took you away. I'm sorry, I'm getting all the I'm getting all the people mixed up. She took you back.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, so.
Speaker 3: After you gave her, after you gave her the hs V, she took you back.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, And well so she didn't take me back. Like we weren't officially together, but we were, at least to my knowledge, we were like exclusively talking to each other. But she never stopped talking to some of her exes while this, like from last year was going on. So from August of last year to about December, she never stopped talking to like her exes. She will go through my phone, she will go through all my social media stuff and basically like police me into like proving like that I am only talking to her when she wouldn't reciprocate the same kind of like transparency. And it's like I get it, you know, because like I cheat on her, like now we both have this lifelong fucking STD. But like the way she conveyed her her emotions into that kind of stuff like it it it made me like start going like crazy, like cause it drove into a point of where like I had to prove myself to her, and I was like doing some like outrageous things that like I'm not proud of, and it with time it got worse and worse and just art like snowballing effect. Like I would text her like I would send her like an insane amount of text messages and I and I'd be calling her an insane amount of times to let her know in my fucked up way of thinking that like this is how I'm proving to her that I'm only talking to her.
Speaker 3: Uh Okay, Chris, Yeah, well listen, Chris, did you speak to do you such a real therapist?
Speaker 2: Man? Uh? I? I did a long time ago, but I was like probably like in high school. Uh and I And so I've listened to your podcast for a long time and like at some point how You're like, oh, like chat GPT is pretty fucking great. I was like, all right, well, let me just start talking to chat GPT about these kind of things.
Speaker 3: Okay, what did chat GPT say?
Speaker 2: Uh? I will talk to chat GPT like say like I'm feeling like extremely anxious, like I wanted to like be continuously texting her blah blah blah, like blowing her up, you know. And it was basically like calming me down and uh like telling me. It's like like it provided a lot of like uh exercise like breathing exercises, or like it would suggest for me to like splash my face with water and uh to like alleviate myself from all the anxiety and stuff like that, to prevent myself from going overboard and like kind of blowing her up.
Speaker 3: Okay, So you said you you went to uh jail on Valentine's Day and did you just get out?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I got out on the fifteenth.
Speaker 3: All right, so here there for a month. What I mean, if you want to talk about it? What was up?
Speaker 2: Oh? So okay? Also not a not another proudest moment, So like me being a mess and like constantly crashing out like itind of like entails this because like I was drunk and I've I've had like a really hard time like with drinking and stuff like that. So I got arrested on Valentine's Day for a third duy. My first one was when I was twenty one, and then my second one was last year, and the third one was on Valentine's Day. So on Valentine's Day, one of my buddies we can just call him a Gerbil h Gerbil was calling me like telling me about like the whole situation with his girl. He was all sad. So we meet him and a couple of friends. We went out and I was drinking. I had a I had like a twelve pact of like the white cloth surges to myself and then uh, when we went out, I had like maybe like seven or eight amfs that that blue drink. The audio says, you know I I then yeah, okay. And then afterwards, at some point in the night, I had just blacked the fuck out, and I came to in the driveway of my family's home because I moved back in last year. And then I blacked out again, and I came to in the driver's seat on my truck with a flashlight on my face. And as soon as that flashlight got to my face, I was like, fuck, I'm going to jail, like I'm it's that, I'm done. And so when I got into jail, excuse me out, I thought I was an a burp after the On the eighteenth of February, I had my court date. I wasn't exactly teacher of what to do, so I asked to speak to a public defender and then they had my court case said to the third of this month. And basically they tried giving me sixteen months in prison with running my second and third d Y concurrent as a felony. And because I had signed a piece of paper agreeing to do sixty days in county jail for not doing my work release, I was able to use that in my like to to not go to prison. Basically, so I did sixty days, but because each dayan county's count is credited as two days, that's why I did a month.
Speaker 3: So listen, Chris, I'm listen. I'm not a big I'm not gonna sit here and be like try to you know whatever, call you out or anything. I want this podcast to be helpful. I want this phone call to be helpful. So like, Okay, so you're out of jail now and you got this restraining order, Like what like what's up? Man? Like, what what's the plan?
Speaker 2: So my plan, because I thought I was gonna have my job on it came back out, so that didn't happen. I got fired. So now I've rebuilt my resume. I have been applying on Sundays. There's an AA meeting here in the next city over for me. So I'm gonna begin going back to AA because I went for like a couple of weeks at some point in the past, like three years, and I thought I don't need this, but it it seems like it it may be the best option because it's like, what worse could happen is like I don't like it, like it. I can't say that I didn't try it if I commit myself to it. So I'm gonna try and commit to it. And I'm just gonna keep going even if I don't like it.
Speaker 3: And so, okay, so you your wife is a restraining order I get his second wife. Wait, okay, so I'm sorry. I'm still try to get your timeline right. So you had this kid, and then when did you have the second kid?
Speaker 2: The first one was born in January twenty second, twenty twenty three, and then my second kid was born a nine to twenty three, twenty four.
Speaker 3: Okay, And you're not able to have contact with either of them.
Speaker 2: The first one, I cannot at all until whenever the court decides to send the papers. Like I've been waiting, I've been calling, and I can't really get any information about if that restraining order is still like on a temporary status. If it is, then that completely terminates one visitations or anything with my first son, just per the like the stipulations and parameters set in the restraining order, okay. And then the second yeah, the second, the second one. She just has me blocked on everything. And I've been trying to have ask my my mother if she can ask her to bring him or like at least let him spend the night, but she just constantly provides, like he's sick. I'm not feeling good. And it's been that way since probably January, like like as soon as the.
Speaker 1: New year started.
Speaker 3: How's the drinking.
Speaker 2: I haven't drank since I got out, and I don't plan on it. When I was in jail, all I did was like work out because I'm so in the county jail over here, like the Hispanics, they run a program basically like it's just because we don't have anything else to do, so we we get up at six am. We work out for a couple hours. So being in jail for the past month, I just got into fitness. And now, I mean, I've been maintaining the workout that I do, and I'm surprised that I'm awake right.
Speaker 1: Now because.
Speaker 2: I have a bed and my bed is pretty comfortable. So I'm probably still going to get up at six am, workout and then continue applying, and then I need to six my truck. So I'm just in to maintain a life of fitness. And when I was in jail, I had started talking to this girl, like maybe a week before, and she's been extremely supportive of everything.
Speaker 3: Wait wait, you started okay a week before you went to jail. You what you matched with a lady on a dating app? Yeah, you matched with the lady on a dating app a week before you went to jail. And did you did you go on a date before you met before you went to jail.
Speaker 2: Well, so, okay, so I live in I'm if any. I'm just going to say where I'm from. It's It's totally cool. I'm from Chapter so in Kern County and California. Okay, yeah, so she so she lives in San Luisabethspo. By the Bay area and or like more like just like the coast, like San Louis Obispo County. But she she made the effort to like reach out to me in jail after I had my my mom, uh, because she asked me if I wanted her to grab my my property like my phone and my wallet, and I'll like, yes, please, I'll they call this girl and let her know I am not ignoring her. I'm just in jail.
Speaker 3: So, Okay, you match with this girl on a dating app and you have your mom tell try to tell the girl. I'm sorry, I've tried to you said, your is your mom?
Speaker 2: Yeah, my mom?
Speaker 3: You have your mom tell this girl that you match with on a dating app. Sorry, my son is not ghosting you. He's just going to jail.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like like because I was already in there, and she's like at this point, she had already figured it out that I was in jail, and then she went and made like an account to be able to so in the jail, we have tablets and we can message people if they paid for the account or whatever. And she went ahead and made it like an e messaging account so she can message me on the tablet dude wild in jail. This is a girl.
Speaker 3: Let's know you for one week.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but we met a long time ago because we used to work in the same city. And oh yeah, like we met a long time ago.
Speaker 3: She didn't meet on the dating apps. You'd met a long time ago, but you reconnected on the dating app? Yes, Okay, So how long had it been since you guys? Like why is she so? Like why? Like that's a lot, you know what I mean? Like that's like, did you guys have a strong relationship beforehand, like like all those years ago?
Speaker 2: So we had only met like one time because uh so she also has a kid and the and at her boyfriend at the time, I worked with him and he invited me over and we just partied and that was the only interaction I had with her. But when we rekindled on the on the dating app, remembered me. And her entire life has like one eighty. She doesn't party anymore, she doesn't do drugs. She's she's an amazing mother, and she's like her her mentality and like the way she goes about things is like extremely wholesome, like just compassionate, and she's just like a very independent, strong woman. That has like just this attraction I don't know, like it it's to me, like it seemed like it feels like she has feelings for me, and and she said it, but I didn't expect that because like we had just rekindled on a dating app app, like so we met back in twenty seventeen, and I was like, I was like, there's no way like like this girl cares about me or like even is worried about my well being because we only met once. We rekindled about almost ten years later, and I'm in jail now for being an idiot. Dude.
Speaker 3: What that's crazy?
Speaker 2: Yeah, So like the fact that like she went the extra mile and like continued to talk to me and like just like like not even like stold me in like a negative way, but like just talked me through it with like empathy and like genuine care. I was like, are they I'm not gonna fuck this up again?
Speaker 3: Dude, that's crazy? Do you do? You know what?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 3: So you went, you like did coke with this lady's boyfriend ten years ago, and then she messes with you on a dating app and then gets it and then like a couple of days later, gets a message from your mom saying, hey, my sound's like ghosting you. He's in jail. Did she send you? Did she send that message on the phone or on the dating app? Is your mom like typing on Facebook dating for you?
Speaker 2: No? No? So uh right. So the way my mom contacted her because my mom is not tech savvy at all, but she just I gave her the pass code to my phone. I'm gonna completely out my past code on from my phone on this and I told her, I told my mom what the pass code to my phone is, sixty nine, sixty nine, and this is how you spell never.
Speaker 3: Never could have guests to that one, really outing yourself on the podcast.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and if she I send her one of your episodes. So if she keeps up with the podcast, if at any point or if this gets anywhere or whatever, at any point, she will she will hear my pass go. I'll probably end up telling her. But yeah, So my mom just called her from my phone because I wouldn't be able to sit there and explain to my to my not tech savvy, hispanic mom how to navigate through an iPhone that she doesn't know how to use without a home button, and then to get to Tinder and then find her in my tender DM. So I just asked her to call her from my phone because I had her phone number.
Speaker 3: Did you have a phone number from tender or from ten years ago from tinder? M? And then this girl has been dude, this is crazy. So what like, Okay, so you've been out for three days? Have you gone to see her?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: Because so when when the impounded my truck? Whoever like drove my truck into the onto the flat bed or whatever. They punched my clutch through the firewall. So I can't even drive my truck.
Speaker 3: How far away does she live?
Speaker 2: I think two hours?
Speaker 3: Okay, man, so what's the okay? Sorry man, I'm trying to wrap my head around all this stuff. This is insane. Are you texting? Are you texting with her all the time?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I just texted her as soon as you called me back. That in caplocks. I'm on the wait what did I say? I'm I'm on the own with the therapy. Get go because I misspell phone.
Speaker 3: That's so funny. Okay, what's up with this lady? Is interesting to me?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 3: Because I have to be honest, I like and no, this isn't shade to this lady. But yeah, and it's not shaped to this lady, it's not shit to you. But for this lady to be getting involved with a guy who, for lack of a better word, your life is in a bit of a fucked up situation right now, you know, Like for you know, I think we both know this, her life must also be pretty fucked up right now for her to dive into this thing with you, do you know what I mean? Like, what what's going on with this lady where she's diving into this like jail relationship with a guy she met from her boyfriend doing coke with him ten years ago? Like what's going on?
Speaker 2: So right now? It's that like that that that that is an understandable like like way to see it. But like she's doing pre pre well off honestly, like like that there's I don't know why, but I am utterly great that she is diving into this life into my life because like my life is in a fucked up situation and like her is like like I mean she lives with her family, and I mean it's understandable in her area, like rent is like four thousand dollars or three thousand I think, like average, but like she's pretty well off, like she's she's going to college, she has a she has a great job, she's a great mother. Like she's she's a very healthy mindset woman. And I'm just like I'm like, why, like why me? Like like I'm not I'm not like trying to discourage it, but like I'm just like why me? Like are you?
Speaker 3: Are you handsome?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 2: I don't think I'm like handsome, but like, uh, I have a lot of tattoos?
Speaker 3: Are you tall and skinny?
Speaker 1: I am? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, Well, I mean that's good that you've had of that tall skinny tattoos. That's a lot. That's a lot. That's a lot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you can.
Speaker 3: Let you can almost. There's plenty of people out there who are willing to look past three d uys in jail time for tall, skinny and tattoos.
Speaker 2: And the two baby moms that and.
Speaker 3: The two baby mamas? Yeah, how tall and skinny? Exactly are we talking here?
Speaker 2: Okay? Okay, I'm not even gonna like lie about it because I know people. So in the eyes of the of the epitome of a tall king, I am a short king because I am five foot eleven I'm not lying.
Speaker 3: You're five foot eleven.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm five foot eleven.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's way less baby mamas than I thought would be tolerated at five foot eleven, or way more baby mamas than I thought would be tolerated at five eleven.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because I mean, like if you're not a six feet or tall, like you're a short king, and like if I wore my boots, like like I'm just living a lie. Like it's like it's like I'm living the imposter syndrome.
Speaker 3: Okay, So dude, man, this is crazy. So I hear Allkay, So I guess what what do we want for you?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 3: You clearly like if your life was a movie of some kind, this woman over the this this magical tender uh rekindling woman would be there. Would probably be the love interest of the movie. And if the movie had a happy ending, you'd get to reconnect with your children. You'd ride away with your lady and her son. You'd have a nice you know, daughter daughter right with her daughter. Yeah, you know, you quit drinking. You'd put on like a white shirt or something like that. Like you want to you want you want some version of a happy ending for yourself. Right, So what and right now, it's like, Okay, you got out of jail, You've been sober for a month. You've proven to yourself that you can at least do it for a month. If you can do it for a month, you can do it forever. So what's what's between not just knowing you and knowing your life better than I know you and then I know your life. What's between you and that happy ending?
Speaker 2: Honestly, it's being in this town because like when I lived like away from like the people who candone and like enable like the bad behavior and like the bad influences and stuff like that. Because like every almost every person in this town that like I'm friends with, like like my my old my my old drug dealer lives down the street. Two of them lived on the same block. And Okay, like I I just think like completely like cutting myself off from like a majority of these people that enable and like condone to like drinking and driving and stuff like that. Like I think it's ideal to just kind of like cut them off because I've been in plenty of situations where like even after my second.
Speaker 1: Do you I excuse me?
Speaker 2: I thought I had a burp again, but uh, like I'd be putting in a position where like somebody would be a little too too too drunk, like a little more drunk than I am, and then I'd get acid to drive, and the person asking me to drive, I can't drive, and I'm like, well, I can't drive either, And then I'm just like, you know what, fuck it, Like, I'll just drive. I have drugs on me. I'll just do a bunch of drugs right now, and then I'll be sobered up a little bit.
Speaker 3: So normally I'll say this to that point, I think a lot of people will tell you, like, oh, you can't blame the people around you, and you can't, But I do think that there's a lot of uh validity to your point that like the community that you're in and the people you surround yourself in are actually genuinely extremely important for like the kind of person that you become. So you know, you can't really like blame your friends for like enabling your like stuff that you're doing. But I think you got the great sentiment going that you should find a new environment, not just a place, but people as well who like share your desires and sentiments to stop like making crazy ass decisions. I think AA is a good thing for that. I think you know, however, you can yeah, kind of build a new community that won't be like where it won't be so easy to do the shit that you're doing and they'll be looking at it and going like you know, what the fuck more than like, yeah, this is totally normal and cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because like it in the in the community that I mean, like the community of friends that I have, like that, like that is just a normal thing. So it's like to everyone in my circle of friends, like they're like, oh, like it's no big deal. Like just an example, like two of my longest friends that I've known here, Like these two dudes, they've been hanging out for like the past like fifteen ish years on a daily basis, and they put down about a twenty pack to thirty pack a day.
Speaker 1: Whow Yeah, Like like.
Speaker 2: It is extremely like just a normal thing to like put down just multiple cases in a day. Like there's nothing to do in this town. Like we live in bump fuck basically nowhere we're surrounded by orchards, Like there's drug dealers everywhere, and like if I go to the next city over like twenty minutes South. I end up in Bakersfield, and I used to be like in high school, I was like really big and like the Super Smash Bros Community over here, and like I would help like coordinate, like with local tournaments and like at my mom's house, Like I think we had fucking mewtwo King come over one time.
Speaker 3: You had shut up. You had mewtwo King at your apartment? Why your house?
Speaker 2: Once it was some MLG guy I can't remember exactly who his name was. And my friend that helped coordinate all these Super Smash brow tournaments. He's competed in EVO fucking for the Super Smash Pros competition.
Speaker 3: Dude, I just had a weird moment just now. Can I tell you where you're twenty nine? And you were like, yeah, when I was in high school, I was helping organize Super Smash Brothers tournaments and dude, I genuine dude, I woy. I just had a genuinely crazy moment in my head. I was like, Wow, this guy must be fucking old or no, no, no, no, no no, no, it wasn't. It wasn't that. It wasn't that. It was like, no, no, it's not. Actually, I'm sorry. That's how I said that this gout was old. I was like, huh, what do you mean you were doing in high school? That was like Super Smash Brothers was popping like kind of recently. And then I remember that I'm about your age and I also organized Super Smash Brothers tournaments when I was in high school. And I'm like, oh fuck, I'm fuck getting fucking old now.
Speaker 2: Yeah what we're pushing thirty dude?
Speaker 3: Yeah damn. I was like, wait, that was like two years ago and we're not it just it didn't make any sense to me. The math, yes, not was not mathing, but yeah that's funny.
Speaker 4: Huh.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, So the point is so once you get back into Smash Brothers, man, it's still around.
Speaker 2: Okay, so funny enough. I still have my CRT TV. I have like three game cubes, and I have all the characters unlocked on Melee, and I have every every every Moth pizza shit, I'm outside those the Moth but huh, like I have every I have every damn it. What are the words? I'm like I could get back into, but like, I don't know if the Kern County community like really doubled in like Melee anymore.
Speaker 3: Uh huh okay, well maybe not melee man, but like just spit something like whatever, smash ultimates fucking just something something where you can show up regularly and like be a part of society. Because that's what I think is you want to get your kids back. I assume, Yeah, okay, so you I think the first step to like this this fairy tale happy ending that we're talking about is just like finding your way back to being a well rounded human being where you feel like when you are, like where you feel like you can be judged as worthy of like being back in everyone's life. And I told I totally totally think that that is achievable for you. I think everything is there, right, but I think like you got to kind of do this mental mapping out of like what are the steps, what are the steps of like of like just being able to like look around and be like, I have a healthy life. I don't feel like my emotions are running a muck. I'm not, you know, the drugs aren't running a munk, the manias not running a monk. Like I'm just like a healthy, normal fucking dude, and I'm ready to be a boring dad. It's like how do you get there? Because that's the first step. It was like the internal work of being like, all right, I'm worthy to like have my kids back, be a good uh you know whatever, boyfriend's stepdad, whatever it is you want to be to this this this new this old new old flame person. Yeah, you know. So basically you just want to mentally map out like how are you gonna get there?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like it's like to me because like a little yeah, correct me if I'm using this term wrong. But I've heard younger people say that this is a lore drop and I mean that will complete genuinity that I'm not sure if I'm using this term correctly, but this.
Speaker 3: Is a large rope. Yes, we're we're getting a lot of lower about you.
Speaker 2: Okay, cool, I'm young and hip now, but like I've been like so I started smoking cigarettes and we went I was like ten, eleven years old, and I've been drinking since I was about like twelve, And this is probably like the first time. Like I've had like short bursts of like being sober in the past, but like nothing like more than a month. And I've never thought like being sober for more than a month would be at all achievable in life, because like, I'm not sorry, there's a bunch of cops going on.
Speaker 3: I don't know why keep going.
Speaker 2: But I never thought it would be like an achievable feat in life because like it just seemed like the normal thing. And like, like, do you know the band Motley Crew, I've heard of them? Okay, uh, Nikki six, they have a documentary called The Dirt and growing up like Dad's been gone. Mom wore two full time jobs to like keep a roof over my head with my brother and so so she wasn't exactly absent. She was just working all the time because that's what she had to do. And there's a quote from Nikki six in the movie, except it's not exactly verbatim that I feel the same way, because it's not it wasn't my preference of drug. But it's like the camera pans out from the outside of his mansion and like it slowly comes in and like it goes to him in his tidy whities, like basically on the verge of overdosing from heroin, and he says, I've never felt a motherly love until I met her, and her name was heroin, and to me, like that completely resonated with me because like alcohol and like drugs and substance abaset was like it was an easy thing to turn to as a kid, and so like now like I'm just like fuck, like I'm sober, Like I'm not feeling like shit all the time. Like how do I maintain this? Like because getting sober is easy, but staying sober is the hard part.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, of course he do to maintain it. I guess one day at a time. Man, That's what they say.
Speaker 2: Right, yeah. Like and like because I used to be like super into skateboarding and stuff like that, Like like I was all on a doing death metal vocals as like a teenager and playing Super Smash Bros. So like now I'm like, like I can I can do the Super Smash Bros.
Speaker 1: Part.
Speaker 2: Skateboarding might be a little bit out of the question. I don't want to break an ankle or if I do skate just like be careful mm hmm. But like I and like, I'm like rediscovering a lot of things about myself again because it's like it's been so long of like not being sober at all and like understanding who I am anymore as a person. Who's like, like, what do I even enjoy? Like do I enjoy those things anymore?
Speaker 4: Mmm?
Speaker 1: So, like this is a whole new adventure, the whole new world.
Speaker 3: It is a whole new adventure. Well, i'd look at let's at least you're going on the adventure, right. I mean, we have a we have guys call into this podcast who have similar problems and are are kind of they're actually a step behind. They're actually a step or two behind where you are. Where they they actually don't even believe that there is an adventure to go on, right, Yeah, Like that in and of itself is a important thing. The fact that you're like, Okay, I'm gonna walk, I'm gonna walk this road, I'm gonna do this thing. I know what I have to do, and I'm gonna fucking do it, versus like, oh, there's no hope on a piece of shit, I should die, you know, all these crazy thoughts. So so look, man, I think like staying sane is just a thing you have to try to do every day. And so I don't know, I'm kind of talking a little bit of nonsense here. I appreciate you sharing all of this stuff with us, but uh, I I think just like staying saying it is just something you just kind of fucking have to try to. Dude, being an adult is just like you wake up, you try again. You know, you fucking just keep trying. So that's that's what what you just do. Man's keep keep keep trying to not drink and not kill yourself. That's that's the the best way to do it.
Speaker 2: You seeing the whole like keep trying thing. I'm gonna shout out my favorite book right now. It's called A Million Little Pieces by James Fray, And what you said just completely reminded me of what the author says in the book, because like it's about him going to rehabbing, like him struggling like to maintain sobriety even in rehabbing, like all the emotional like difficulties that he has to navigate and everything, and and he he says in the book, whatever it takes, just hold on, Just keep fucking holding on, is what he says.
Speaker 3: Do you know that book got like you know that guy got in a lot of trouble because he's made the book up, right, did he?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: Fuck, you didn't know about.
Speaker 2: Any of No? I didn't wait wait, wait.
Speaker 3: Wait wait wait wait, I'm I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I thought you knew Wait you didn't know about this? No?
Speaker 2: Wait wait what did you get in touble for? I have? Are you?
Speaker 3: You're okay? You're fucking skateboarding super Smash Brothers.
Speaker 2: Guy?
Speaker 3: You watch South Park, don't you?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 2: Not really? But like I do. You've never seen?
Speaker 3: Dude? You said you've you don't really like South Park?
Speaker 2: No? No, I do like it, but like I don't really watch it, Like I don't have whatever streaming platform it's on.
Speaker 3: Okay, streaming platform, dude, you're like you watched on like the TV that you play Melee on. Anyway, do you have you seen this episode of South Park called A Million Little Fibers?
Speaker 2: Uh? No, wait hold on, you said it's a Million Little Fibers.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm so sorry that I have to do this to you, but uh yeah, there's a South Pak episode called a Million Little You know Towley?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Okay, So so they make basically in the in that episode, they make fun of this book. Towley writes a memoir and then like goes on Oprah and then Towleie gets in trouble because it turns out he made up a lot of his memoir and they're basically parodying this book.
Speaker 2: I am reading the little uh summary on Google as as you said it, and I see Towley sitting next to Oprah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but this is but this it's based off of a real thing with the real author where he got in trouble for making up that book. I'm sorry to do this to you when you said that this is the book, I'm so sorry. You're like, You're like, this is the most inspiring quote from my favorite book. It keeps me going every day, and I'm like, turns out, I'm like, you know it's all a fraud, right, I'm man should keep my mouth shut.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm gonna DM this motherfucker on Instagram. I swear to God, are you reading. I'm gonna take a screenshot of Towlee. I'm gonna take the picture of Tali with the fucking mustache and a little fucking I'm blanking on the investigator's name, like the famous investigator who has the corn.
Speaker 3: Kob pipe, Sherlock Holmes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, his Sherlock Holmes has. I'm taking his picture and I'm just sending it to James fray On Instagram. He will probably never see it because now his book is fake.
Speaker 3: Damn. Ok yeah large part. Yeah, there we go a million lli pieces. After a six week investigation, the Smoking Gun Publishing articles saying that they described fabrications in Frey's account of his drug abuse experiences, life and criminal record, Frey responded to the claims, saying, I've never denied, I've altered small details. I stand by the book as being the essential truth of my life.
Speaker 2: Boy.
Speaker 3: Then he appeared on Oprah again, and this time he said that the same demons that had made and turned to alcohol and other drugs had also driven him to fabricate crucial portions of his memoir. So listen, so listen, listen. Actually I'm gonna you know what, Let's do this. Let's do this, Chris. You said your name was Yeah, Chris. I think you can, if you really want to. I think you can still find inspiration in James Fray. Because because James Fray, what he did was he he did. He did your version of getting a haircut and being ready to be a menace, which is he got really fucked up and wrote a fake memoir, which sounds like something you might do if you got really fucked up and we're doing a bunch of crazy stuff. So you can still see yourself in this guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that's that's not far from Drew.
Speaker 3: M all right. Well anyway, sorry for ruining this book for you.
Speaker 2: Okay, now I need to tell tell my my lady about this.
Speaker 1: It doesn't really hurt.
Speaker 3: Chris, keep trying, keep doing anything. Thank you for sharing all this stuff about yourself. I appreciate your vulnerability as always. Was this helpful for you? Was this a good conversation to have?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, okay, two ten in the morning right now, and I'm just gonna shout out shafter in Schafter California. I don't know they didn't expect you to call me because I tried calling like five times before you head cold and I was like, I was like, I'm just gonna keep watching Animal Kingdom on my silly little iPad, and and then I saw a call and I was like, I know this number. I I'm gonna answer this. I don't even have to ask who it is.
Speaker 3: Well, Chris, is there anything else? Who I say to the people of the computer before we go.
Speaker 2: If any of you guys played Little Mac, you fucking suck. I don't care fight me.
Speaker 3: Thanks Chris. Also, oh yeah, go ahead.
Speaker 2: Also if anyone knows about the current County Smash prostage that started at my mom's house when I.
Speaker 3: Was sixteen, Thank you for calling Chris.
Speaker 2: Thank well, have a good night. Get wait wait wait, I have one last question that I really wanted to ask before before you let me go go ahead. If I take my son as soon as I get a chance to go to one of your shows, if I take him in a baby Get Go costume and take a sword, can you knight him into the get Nation on video for me? Please listen.
Speaker 3: I don't if you just got it, like if you just got your custody back, you don't want to be doing child to be a shit like that.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's fair.
Speaker 2: What was like a like a styrofoam sword.
Speaker 3: Bringing a child to my show is abuse of everyone else who came. Actually, I think there, I mean they shouldn't be. They should be like I think all the shows are like eight. I think there's been like like maybe teenagers have come to the shows, but never like hold your son. He's like one two.
Speaker 2: Uh one and a half and another one's three.
Speaker 3: Oh, they're gonna have a bad time.
Speaker 2: I'll just be outside the venue.
Speaker 3: If you really want to stand outside of the venue with your kid, I'll uh yeah, I'll night I'll night your child.
Speaker 2: Fuck yeah, I'm gonna I'm gonna do everything in my power so that way he can be get nighted into the get nation. Thank loll fucking love your dog.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Chris. I appreciate you.
Speaker 2: Good luck man, Thanks man, have a good night.
Speaker 3: That was Chris. If you're three years old and you're listening to this podcast, I would appreciate if you stay at home from the live shows. If you're above the age of eighteen I think in Canada sixteen some places unfortunately twenty one. But if you're reasonably an adult, then you should come to the show. Therapy Gecko tour dot com to get tickets and many places around the universe. Actually, you know what, fuck it. If you're three years old and you're listening to this podcast like on your own right, Like if you're three years old and somebody else is this podcast near you, this doesn't count. But if you're three years old and you managed to go to Spotify click on the podcast and you're like actually genuinely listening, you can come Oh yeah, you can come if you if you're like an actual genuine listener and fan of the podcast and you're three years old, then you know, go for it. Hello, Yo, what's up?
Speaker 4: Is this the therapy? Get go right now?
Speaker 3: Yes, sir, this is the therapy, Get go right now? And who is this right now that I am speaking to?
Speaker 4: Oh do your My name is Jonathon Jonnason, so I go by John John John John.
Speaker 2: I like that.
Speaker 3: That's cute. Did somebody give you that name or did you give it to yourself?
Speaker 4: Now? My friend from like elementary gave me that name in like firstrate, and then after that I just like stuck.
Speaker 3: With it, John John. I have to ask you, are you okay? Because you sound you sound like you just woke up.
Speaker 4: No, I'm from I'm fucking faded half an edible.
Speaker 3: You're fade off and edible.
Speaker 4: Yeah. And then I saw your story and I was like, bro, I God, I call this dude.
Speaker 3: Right now an edible?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 3: Uh? Oh John John? What are you doing right now that you're fade off of an edible?
Speaker 4: Dude? I was like, I was a takeing some notes and then I was setting ahead of bed and then I saw your story an.
Speaker 3: Article you were taking notes.
Speaker 4: On what astronomy? For astronomy because I have an exam tomorrow.
Speaker 3: So you are up at what two o'clock in the morning?
Speaker 4: Oh no, it's I mean like Kelly, so like twelve am.
Speaker 3: Okay, you're at at twelve am and you are faded off an edible studying the universe. What was the most interesting thing that you learned about the universe in your notes that you wrote down?
Speaker 4: Hmmm, that's a good one. I'm laugh to like, look thank at them because it's pretty cool.
Speaker 3: Okay, you should know this. This could be on the test. What's the coolest thing about the universe that could be on the test?
Speaker 1: Her?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 3: Do you normally get faded when you study for a test?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 4: This is not like first time?
Speaker 3: And is it making you better or worse?
Speaker 4: In between? In between like total flight?
Speaker 3: Yes, I'm here, but how's your not going?
Speaker 1: Though?
Speaker 3: How's my night going?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Uh, I'm actual, I'm in Tokyo right now. It's five pm. Oh yeah, that's right, I'm here talking to you. But anyway, listen, listen. Who cares about any who cares about anything?
Speaker 2: John? John?
Speaker 3: Is there a particular reason why you called.
Speaker 4: I don't know. I just wanted to give it a shot because I started calling you before when you post it, like when you post about it, okay, And to be honest, I didn't really think I was gonna be able to like talk to you.
Speaker 3: So John, John, how's your life going as a whole? I know you have this test tomorrow, I mean, but outside of that, how's everything going?
Speaker 4: Schooling on? Like, I've been like, looky tweaking out about school and I feel like it's kind of not for me at times?
Speaker 3: That is not for you? What is causing you to tweak out?
Speaker 4: Like I just can't get like in the mindset to like care about it, if like that makes sense? You know?
Speaker 3: Do you care about anything?
Speaker 4: My girlfriend and skateboarding?
Speaker 3: Wow, that's pretty sweet. How long have you been with your girlfriend?
Speaker 4: Dude? Six years seven this year?
Speaker 2: Really?
Speaker 3: You sound young?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Yeah, I'm like I turned twenty a few months ago.
Speaker 3: Always fuck you've been with her since you were thirteen?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: How did you guys meet like in class in middle school?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, was like you then you grew in my clothes and I was.
Speaker 3: Like yo, you were like she was the new girl in your class and you were like yo.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like yo, because like I kind of knew you were because she was a pretty tall girl. I was like a pretty short kid and cool. I haven't skateboarding since I was in like seventh Gates, like maybe like six or seven ish years.
Speaker 3: Can you do a kick flip?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 3: Can you do a tray flip? That's the real question. Okay, was your does your girlfriend? Is your girlfriend attracted to the skateboarding skills?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 3: No, I would no. Is she active? Does she actively find them childish?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 4: I show my clips sometimes.
Speaker 2: Really yeah, I'm like, yo, look at this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, go ahead, go ahead.
Speaker 4: Sorry, Sorry, I didn't mean you off.
Speaker 3: I was gonna say, so you show her like clips of like you you clear, like a set of stairs. Yeah, and then and then you show her the video of it.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I did my first tents there and I had her with me for it and she recorded it.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, so she's supportive.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, that's nice. Like it was like a pretty mental battle like the tents there, and then like I finally had the courage for it to like do it, and I was pretty stoked too.
Speaker 3: Have you ever fucked yourself up doing any of this? Like broken any bones.
Speaker 4: Oh, thankfully not, just like willing my ankles. Mm hmmm. Yeah.
Speaker 3: And you said that school is not for you? What is for you?
Speaker 1: Then?
Speaker 3: What do you want to do with your life? You're pretty young guy, do you have thoughts about how you want to spend your days on the earth?
Speaker 4: Hmm? I WoT That's why I was kind of like worried about school, like like like tweeting out about it because I don't know what I want to do. And then then like school feels like it has that guide towards where I can be, but I just like I feel like I don't know, like school is in for me, and then without school, I can't have a sense of the direction of where I'm going in life. M hmm.
Speaker 3: What do you study asta? Astronomy?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 4: I know, psychology?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, okay, mm hmmm. It's it's an interesting conundrum. I gotta be honest with you, man. You you know, it's tough to be like a young like eighteen to twenty year old right now because you're going into a The world gets kind of rapidly exponentially more uncertain every year, so you're going into a bit of an uncertain universe. But there are still a certain constants to the universe that remain. Do you have a job of any kind? Do you make money in any way?
Speaker 4: Yeah? I have two jobs.
Speaker 3: What do you What do you do jobs?
Speaker 4: I work at ross and then I work at this poky place with my girlfriend.
Speaker 3: Oh you work at the poke place with your girlfriend?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Okay, how okay? If your life is exactly the same right now when you're like thirty, would you be happy with that? Genuine question?
Speaker 4: No? Like, if I'm like exact cooler I'm at right now.
Speaker 3: Like that, Yeah, if you're exactly where you are right now, you're working in a couple of jobs, skateboarding, hanging out with your girlfriend.
Speaker 4: Uh, probably, like fine, if like I'm able to manage, But like, if I don't have like an actual career, probably not. Mm yeah, I feel I kind of thought about like switching it. But I'm already like two years deep into this.
Speaker 3: Oh what the fuck you know? You're not le me say something. You're not too deep into anything. You're you're in your infancy of existence, I think. Oh, I mean you're in your You're you're in your You're not in your infancy of existence, but you're in your career infancy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, because I kind of I thought about switching it to like something like with mechanics. I feel like there's always going to be like some type of work there.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think two years of college is a little too early to be subscribing to the sock the sunk cost fallacy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I see, I see, dude, you said.
Speaker 3: I feel like I'm keeping you up.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 4: No, not of mind though, all right, unless you like pretty stoked to like be talking to you.
Speaker 3: I feel pretty stoked to be talking to you too, man. I didn't know that, like there's there were still guys out there who were chill like that for real, for real?
Speaker 4: Yes, thank you therapy cool John John?
Speaker 3: Is there anything else? Who I say to the people of the computer before we go, Uh.
Speaker 4: Hope you guys have a good last night.
Speaker 3: Swag and.
Speaker 4: Oh I recently started living, like trying to live every day like it's my last. Like I tried putting it in one effort everything I do. I think everyone should do the same.
Speaker 3: And yeah, well you can't do Yeah, you have a you have a good one, John John, God bless you. We'll see you around the.
Speaker 4: Universe, man, hope to see you around.
Speaker 3: That was John John. He's about a sleep for I don't know. I don't know what John John's deal is. He was an interesting guy. He was very sleepy. He sounded a little a little, uh, a little like whacked out, but maybe in a nice way. You can't really live your you can't really live every day like it's your last. Because if if, if today was my last down Earth, I would uh probably do more drastic things, you know, I'd i'd uh, i'd spend every dollar I had. I'd I'd probably committed at least a couple of crimes, right, like ones that are victimless, like you know, well, I don't know, like steal stuff from like a Walmart, although I know I wouldn't do that. I wouldn't go to Walmart on my last day. I probably talk, I probably hang out with my family and friends. No, I wouldn't commit any crimes. There's no real crimes I want to commit. I'd like to commit tax fraud, but if you're if it's your last day on Earth, there's no point in committing tax fraud because what's the point of pay your taxes. Don't pay your taxes, You're going to die, you know, So I have a little off track, but uh yeah, thanks Jean John.
Speaker 2: Hello, Hello is this Lyle?
Speaker 3: Yes, sir? Who's this?
Speaker 1: Holy Molly? This is Uh. We'll go with David.
Speaker 3: David, David David and Goliath Camp David. That's where the president goes to h bread. Uh David Copperfield, famous magician. Not sure what he's up to these days.
Speaker 1: Either.
Speaker 3: Fid Schwimmer one of the popular UH Friends actors. He played one of the friends. He's your friend, he's my friend, He's everyone's friend. Uh, throw it in, Throw anyone in. I tried to do this with someone else. They want to do it because give me anyone, give me anyone.
Speaker 1: Isn't I don't know. I'm David.
Speaker 2: I guess he did the same thing.
Speaker 3: It doesn't even have to be It doesn't even have to be a David. Come on, give me something.
Speaker 1: David isn't the DJ.
Speaker 3: No DJ, anyone anyone anything. It doesn't DJ DJ Howe Mandel, How we know?
Speaker 1: Man? I really I don't even know if it's David right now?
Speaker 3: Listen. Doesn't have to be anyone, Howie Mandel? Uh do you work with? Give me the name of somebody that you work with.
Speaker 1: The name of someone who I work with, like.
Speaker 3: Right now, yes, yes, right now.
Speaker 2: I don't work with a David.
Speaker 3: It doesn't have to be a David, just like Harry Potter. Come on something, someone, anyone, anything, just say stuff. It doesn't We're gonna it's gonna be fine.
Speaker 2: Everything.
Speaker 3: I don't know what I'm doing right now. Oh, Ellen degenerous? Do you know Ellen?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, in the universe, she's madder in the universe. You know, we're beyond David. We're in the realm of everything. We're in the universe. Right What is chef to these days? She's playing she's in Finding uh Dory two.
Speaker 2: I don't know, Man, who cares?
Speaker 3: Who cares about anything?
Speaker 1: David cares?
Speaker 3: Who cares?
Speaker 1: Well, I can't. I can't believe I'm talking to you. That's crazy. You're like you're a pan right now, aren't you?
Speaker 3: Doctor Phil? He's something, David? What is it?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: That made you want to call me today?
Speaker 1: Man, Well, I'm camping in the back of my car right now in Seattle. I'm not from Seattle, but trying to sleep, but I can't really sleep. I've called you like twenty times. I'm a little, a little under the influence of some substances to help me fall asleep. I was like, let me call a while one more time, but he'll like, we're here. We're here now. So it's sick.
Speaker 3: What is it that is making it so that you are in your car right now?
Speaker 1: Oh well, I think just to I don't know, just to save a little money and got another Sorry, got at another trip next week ago, drive down to San Diego. I'm in the PNW obviously, but not from Seattle. But I've came here for the day. We've not shitty days off, got Tuesdays and Wednesdays off, but trying to make the most of it.
Speaker 3: You know, m what do you do on these shitty Tuesdays and Wednesdays as you call them?
Speaker 1: Try to do as much as I can. I'm really trying to meet more people. But you know, actually I'm very grateful to other people I've met so far on these Tuesdays and Wednesdays. I met some really great people who are willing to come hang out with me and make the effort to hang out with me on my terrible days off though they have the weekends off, you know. But I'm, you know, just trying to put myself out there some more of these days and trying to do some more for myself.
Speaker 3: What ways are you putting yourself out there?
Speaker 1: I'm just trying to meet more people, trying to actively like socialize with people strangers. You know, I'll just like go up to them and strict conversation or trick my friends out or you know, like I'm kind of interesting because I've I guess there's a word like ambrovert, like a little bit of both, like introvert and extrovert. But I'm trying to be more extroverted these days, meet more people because I've found myself most of my life being introverted, and you know, I'm just finally getting out of my shell. I'm in my late twenties now. I think it's a little something that comes with age possibly, but also another circumstance of like, uh, getting out of a long term relationship has also been wanting to or actually pushing me to want to meet more people and to get out of like that sort of rut.
Speaker 3: You know, you said that you've met some people already. Who who are these people? How did you meet them?
Speaker 1: I'm into I think for anyone that's listening, like if you're trying to get into the new hobby. Like rock climbing is a great hobby, whether you exercise or not, Like it's a great social sport. So I've met some really great people through that, and then after that I'll invite them for like some drinks or something and extend our hangout and we'll do that. So it's a little social exercising plus you know, get that little socially like just having some drinks and that sort of thing and having some fun that sort of way.
Speaker 3: Do you feel like you're able to connect with all that many people.
Speaker 1: I'm trying the best I can, you know. I I texted you a while ago one of my issues that worked night shift, and it's been very crueling. I feel like I can't escape that night work from several jobs. So I know that it's difficult to meet people when you're sleeping through the day, but I do the best to try to, you know, wake up early even I'm tired. You know, I never get that great of rest, but I still like, you know, get my coffee in and go out an exercise, climb and hang out with some friends, go out on my weekends even though it's on the weekdays. You know, try to meet people, just do the best that I can when it comes to that sort of thing and socializing, because I really I work with a smat crew at work, and it's like we're all busy. They paid us pretty decently, so it's like, you know, there's just that incentive to make sure you're doing a decent job, you know. So it's hard to socialize, especially when it's very busy. When it's a little slow, it's a it's okay to chat here and there, but when it's busy, it's like, you know, you're by yourself at times, and I you know, I feel that I wish I was like talking to more people, but I don't feel that much too much these days because I'm trying to socialize more, you know. But you know, your podcast keep me very busy, and you know, it's it's nice to have, so thank you for that.
Speaker 3: What Oh, of course, man, I'm honored to be hanging out with you in the forklift. Which brings me to my next question. What is the process of becoming forklift certified?
Speaker 1: You know, I know that there's been a couple of some people brought up being a forklift driver. There's that one episode of like the one girl that's like really into her boyfriend's a forklift driver. Whi's quite funny?
Speaker 3: Is that true? Are the ladies all over you with the forklift stuff?
Speaker 1: I feel, I mean someone still I know that there's a trend of like being a forklift driver, server fight or whatever is like the hottest thing, and some people still remember that when I bring it up, and that's pretty sweet. But to be forklifts surf that's not doesn't take very much.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: It's like a little golf car or something. It's a It takes a couple of months or so to get like decent at it. It's not the hardest thing in the world, honestly, mm hmm.
Speaker 3: What's your ultimate dream?
Speaker 1: Create an ultimate dream? Oh man? I think just trying to make the most out of life.
Speaker 2: Like I don't know.
Speaker 1: I've my parents are have immigrated and they're all about work, work, work, and I feel like I'm kind of like the black sheet of the sheep of the family, where I'm like, yeah, I work a lot, but I also want to have as much fun as I work, you know, and try to experience and see as much as I can before I die. Like one of my things is like I do not want to be on my deathbed and like regret not seeing more, you know, And I'm sure you could relate to that.
Speaker 3: What what have you yet to do that you would regret not doing on your deathbed?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 1: Have I yet to do? I mean I'm trying to do. I feel that like right now I'm actively doing that. Like There's been so many times where I doubt myself of like like I'll think, like something to do like this last few days, like to the last minute trip, like I'm getting I booked a but an appointment for a tattoo today. Technically I'm like should I go because I work nights? Should I go the night of my day off and see, try to meet some people, go out, get some drinks, and then like you know, do my tattoo like the next day, you know. And I was like just doubting myself, like is that worth doing? Or should I just stay at home and like feel comfortable and then go the next day?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 1: But I'm like, let me try to get out of my shell and try to experience something new and get out of that comfort zone, you know, So trying to do more of like a little last minut when it comes to things. But you know that can be funny. You know, you never know what can come out of it. So I'm like, I need to do more of like let's go do that one thing that you know I normally wouldn't do. So I'm trying to do more of that, trying to plan some more thing things that sort of thing out.
Speaker 3: You know, you have any big plans on the horizon.
Speaker 1: I want to just visit more of the country. I'm in the US, but I want to visit Canada some more. I want to visit Mexico some more, hopefully go to Europe one day. That sort of thing. Just need to see more things, meet more people, just actively do as much as I can so that one day I don't regret like not doing enough, you know.
Speaker 2: Mmmm.
Speaker 3: And so you're in kind of a nomadic vibe right now. You're out there in you're in your car.
Speaker 1: It's crazy. Yeah, I am in my car. I forgot you know. I've got a little camping set up. It's pretty chill. Got a little inflatable bed that have been in the back of my car. I've got little uh wind show covers as though I forgot the front wind show cover. So hopefully I don't get in any trouble in the morning. But I'm like, it's a city, like there's a bigger fish to fry around here, So hopefully I don't get in any trouble.
Speaker 3: But how much how much longer are you going to stay on the road for before you pick a place to to hang out at?
Speaker 1: Well, I do, I do have a home. I'm just you know, traveling. I'm on the road a lot. I love to drive. I love to just I don't spend a lot of if I'm not at work. I spend a lot of time either at like climbing or just driving somewhere, or at work obviously because I have to be at work. But besides I hate being at home, like I just I'm just at home to sleep. But besides that, I love to just like drive, listen to music on the drive, just driving my car. I enjoy driving my car, you know, And it's a really really important thing to do if you're trying to like drive ten hours ago to like a national park or do something, you know, like you gotta enjoy driving a little bit at least.
Speaker 3: No, I'm the same way like when I when I was first kind of starting doing this podcast in my mom's basement. I I just couldn't, like I had to go out, and it's like during COVID, so like my I had, I would have that. I would record from like six pm to nine pm and then uh, it would be like late and I would just like get in my car and I would drive to the parking lot of a Dick's Sporting Goods and I would just like smoke weed in the car and listen to music, just like in the middle of the night, like that was my night out.
Speaker 1: It was.
Speaker 3: It was actually it was. It was pretty fucking chill. I would eat Jack in the Box. It was chill time, man, now that I think about it, those were those were chill nights, just.
Speaker 1: Like uh yeah, you know.
Speaker 3: Very uh yeah, very low five vibes. Yeah, I mean like a catgirl, a catgirl, no, you know, the fucking cat girl with the uh you know, the lo fi hip hop beats.
Speaker 2: Lady.
Speaker 1: I felt like I was that oh yeah, oh but that in your car, dude, Yeah, definitely. Like yeah, I'm just like thinking of all the things about you and like one of the things that you've mentioned on this podcast, like journaling, Like I personally journal as well, but also like being in your car is gives you just that space to like think a little bit.
Speaker 2: You know. It's like your little permal journal in a way.
Speaker 1: Like your car is kind of like you bond with your car even and it's like you get to think in your car. You eat, you can like listen to music, sleep in your car, like talk too while on the film in the car, Like these are memories I'm gonna have with my car for as long as I have this car for, you know, So that's special experience.
Speaker 3: I know, I talk a lot about how I hate cars, but I do miss like sitting in them parked.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I like being in a car much better when it's parked randomly than where it's like parked in a in a place, than when it's uh, you know, driving down the highway about to kill me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it's those car naps can can hit pretty good sometimes too. I'll like I'll take a break if it's like a really bad night, I'll take a little fifteen break on in my car and just hit that nap and it HiT's differently.
Speaker 3: What's your name again, brother, David?
Speaker 1: David?
Speaker 3: How to forget David? It's like a David. There's a guy with a camp with named day Is. Name is u Is. I don't know if he's still alive. Probably he's probably.
Speaker 1: My I crazy to think about, like people that you grow up with and you're like, are there's still a lot if you know games, they.
Speaker 3: Could be dead. Life is fragile. Just because they're probably twenty eight doesn't mean they're probably alive. You know, they could be. There's a lot of it's a lot of good out there now. There's a lot of shootings. There's a lot of ways.
Speaker 1: But hopefully did you ever get COVID?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I got COVID a couple of times.
Speaker 1: I don't think I've ever gotten COVID, which is pretty crazy.
Speaker 3: I feel like you just jinxed yourself. Now you're going to wake up with it.
Speaker 2: No, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I tend to get sick like at least once a month, and I think that's because like, like I never sleep, which is such a struggle. One of my issues currently is like I never really sleep, and so I feel like my immune system is just like to the dirt, and so I get sick at least once a month. But I don't know. I've done sick terribly. But I've tested for COVID. I never gotten it so far, and I know it's still lingering around here and there, But so far, so good, I guess.
Speaker 3: David, is there anything else who want to say to the people of the computer before we go.
Speaker 1: Speaking, I want to say, I think I want to say, like, you know, don't like if you have and you have and you feel a little like apprehensive, like just do it. Like it comes to anything like traveling, you should definitely do it. You know, more people should travel, more people should see the world, experience people like that's what life is about. You know, like there's nothing wrong with like chilling at home, but you know, life is exists outside of the internet sometimes, you know, that's where you can real truly make some real connections and don't we know, Yeah, it's good, it's good. But also like parcast exists on the internet, so I get it to be on the internet, but meet people travel that sort of thing.
Speaker 3: Hey, David, thanks for calling and listening.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 3: I appreciate you have a good rest of your evening in your.
Speaker 1: Car sounds good, man. That's talking to you too, see you, David.
Speaker 3: Sometimes in life you got to hang out in your car.
Speaker 2: There a be get goes on the line, taking your phone calls every night.
Speaker 3: There repeat Cant goes to his eight.
Speaker 1: You're just teaching you.
Speaker 4: To a house, to your life.
Speaker 3: But he's not really an expert.