Speaker 1: Wow, it's Friday Friday. Gotta get down on Friday, which means the sign for another edition of the Stardom Citdum Show. Yeah you didn't think I was gonna work for Rebecca Black?
Speaker 2: Or did you?
Speaker 1: Lakwan's already shaking his head. That sends you how this show is gonna go. It's the Startup Centum Show.
Speaker 2: Of course. The column written by Michael F. Florio.
Speaker 1: You can find that it's start NFL dot com slash starts sit.
Speaker 2: I know, my ur ls.
Speaker 1: How is the feedback? How are the vibes in the start sit column lately?
Speaker 2: Florio?
Speaker 3: Last week was relatively good outside of the Bengals. I'm really trying not to check comments though, because, uh, I mean, what good comes from that? But speaking of Rebecca Black, I love that she's like, what seat can I take? And then they show the car and there's only one seat available.
Speaker 2: Right, I mean, who knows?
Speaker 1: Maybe she was gonna flex and just somebody else like, get out the get out of the passenger seat.
Speaker 2: I'm sitting here, I have never seen that video. I'm Rebecca Black. Damn it. Uh you gotta watch it?
Speaker 1: No, yeah, no, we're gonna make Lakwang this is gonna be. It's gonna be Lakwan's Film Festival. You have to watch. You have to watch the Friday video by Rebecca Black onto less hilarious news. Uh starts since if you go across and you talking about some interesting ones, Uh, Floyd let's started quarterback?
Speaker 2: Who is up and who's down?
Speaker 3: Uh? I know last week I said if jayde and Daniels went out and had a good week against a good defense, he becomes a must start. But this being against the Ravens felt like that final step, right. Having him as a start against this defense means you start him every single week. So Jade and Daniels, congratulations there h Jordan Love, I'm continuing to ride with, especially against the Cardinals. Dak Prescott I think is a mustard option this week against the Lions, justin fields because the vague the Raiders get ran all over and he could do some of that running. And then all Williams is someone that I am actually excited to be starting in a couple of leagues this week. And then Jared Goff not a must sit, but I don't think he's people's only quarterback. And the Cowboys have been stingy against quarterbacks this year. They struggle against the run. We know that's a specialty of the Lions. Like for me, Daniels love dak All quarterbacks that I have with Goff that I'm playing over him. Justin Herbert is absolutely unusable in fantasy right now. You should put him on the waiver wire before you put him in the starting lineup. Trevor Lawrence. The Bears have been elite right now on defense, especially against the pass, and then Aaron Rodgers, he has not been good outside of a game against the Patriots. The Bills secondary has been good. So I just don't think this is a week you want to get the Jets qb one in.
Speaker 1: You know, we were excited about Aaron Rodgers in the sense of we expected it to lift Garrett Wilson. We thought it was gonna make Breeze Hall that much better LaQuan. That has not happened so far. Change in play, Rogers, Buddy, Nathaniel Hackett losing the gig, Todd Downing taking it over. I know we talked a little bit about this on Thursday. Does this potentially make Aaron Rodgers better or is it just the case that he's a forty year old quarterback coming off in achilles injury.
Speaker 4: It might be a bit of both, just being that, you know, you just rip play calling from one of his best friends I would call him Sam in this situation of Jerry shore sor but it's it's a little weird to see Aaron Rodgers to be playing at this level right now, being that he's such a great quarterback with a lot of accolades and stuff like that, but he is forty one years old and this old line is sketchy and just overall his connection with Garrett Wilson is definitely in question of like is it more so of like an ego thing where he's punishing him where he's looking at on the czar or he's like, you're gonna have to earn your keep. So it's a lot of just a storylines that again we need to just let play out and kind of figure out week to week what's gonna happen Florida.
Speaker 1: You sort of talked about this in the preseason of the like, hey, you know, are we a little bit too high hyped on Garrett Wilson. Some of it is he's had some really really tough matchups to start the season, But are we gonna have a real conversation about Garrett Wilson next year in terms of what his ADP is gonna be.
Speaker 3: I think so because even like last week, one hundred yards great, but it took twenty two targets to get there. And one thing, I don't think it's all Garrett Wilson's fault. I think it's two things. One, I think Garrett Wilson is like a Tier two wide receiver that we try to make a Tier one. Tier one to me is the special guys, the Ceede Lambs, the Jamar Chases, Aman Ross, Saint Brown's AJ Brown, those guys Malik Neighbors. I'm putting in that category as well, who can thrive no matter the situation, the quarterback, everything else. Wilson, I don't know if he's quite to that level. But also the play calling, like these other teams do what they have to do to try to get their best player of the ball as much as possible, whereas the Jets, it seems like they're using Garrett Wilson to be like, all right, you're gonna take all the defensive attention so that Alan Lazard could be open, And it just doesn't seem like smart planning and coaching to.
Speaker 1: Me, Yeah, Look, I think at this point we all sort of know what Nathaniel Hackett is as a play caller, which is part of the reason he's not a play caller currently in the league.
Speaker 2: So I think that has a.
Speaker 1: Lot to do with what we're seeing so Far's move over to running backs, your starts and sits there.
Speaker 3: Josh Jacobs coming off of one of his best, his best fantasy game of the year. I'm riding with him again this week against the Cardinals. A lot of Packers love You're gonna see this week. Tony Pollard gets so much volume and the Colts have struggled against the run this year that I think you just continue starting Pollard. DeAndre Swift is someone that I know we've all talked up this week, and the Jags can they struggle against the past the run. I'm pretty sure we could make an NFL fantasy team and go get a touchdown against this Jags defense right now. Najie Harris because he gets so much volume and the Raiders really struggle against the run. And Chase Brown is someone I'm very excited for this week. I think a huge week is coming for him. The Giants really struggle against pass catching and explosive backs. Brian Robinson Jr. I have as a sit which seems spicier until he missed practiced two days in a row to begin this week. But if he plays, I think if you have another option, you take it. Rashad White is just not getting enough volume right now. His targets are going down and he has not topped eleven fantasy points in four straight games. Devin Singletary because Tyrone Tracy could eat into his workload, and anytime a running back is coming off of a groin injury, one that's easily retweakable. I take a little pause. Rico dal Is taking over the Cowboys backfield, but that doesn't mean you want to play him against the best run defense in the NFL. And then Zamir White, Alexander Madison Ameredula. I don't want to play any of them against the Steelers, but whoever starts, you can almost guarantee that the RB two is going to have the better fantasy day.
Speaker 1: So Lakwan as the leading Brian Robinson junior stan on this show, would you like to re mister Florio's proposition here?
Speaker 4: No, because he might have a point man. He's banged up, and I wouldn't even want to go out there and roll the dice on Brian Robinson Junior, you know, banged up, And I honestly think this isn't even a great matchup where the Ravens are just very good at stopping the run. Their past defense may suck, but they're still good at stopping the run. So I'm not gonna test their chin when it comes to that.
Speaker 1: All right, fair enough, fair enough? So I was I was crazy, and I say it's like a deep deep sleeper. You have Tony Polls to start, I have Spears is like a deep sleeper? Am I am? I talking out of my head? What am I doing?
Speaker 2: I don't think? So okay, I don't like it.
Speaker 3: All right, it's a good matchup. We think Spears is a good player. He just needs volume, right, so like if he gets a little bit more volume, Yeah yeah, right now, right, let's get Spears. The only difference is is Pollard is playing well in ETN is not?
Speaker 1: But yeah, okay, we need all he just needs volume. This is why I like doing a show with you guys. You validating some of my weirder theories on this show.
Speaker 2: Wide receivers for who do you like? Who do you not like?
Speaker 3: Lakwan spoke him up on the show yesterday, but I love Dj Moore this week against the Jaguars. I spoke him up yesterday. But Zay Flowers against the Commanders is someone that I'm really excited for him. Don't call me bias in this one, because I think you start Terry McLaurin as well, Jayden Reed, don Tavian Wicks. Reed is a must start if Jordan Love plays, but Wicks has twenty targets in his last two games last week. Disappointed a bit, but still I believe led the team in targets. And then call me crazy Amari Cooper because he's top four in targets and air yards in the NFL right now and the Eagles struggle against the deep ball. And then I have Garrett Wilson as a sit because he averages less than twelve fantasy points per game against the Bills in his career, and in two games against him last year, he was held to forty two yards. I know it's a different quarterback and he's not a must sit, but if you have another wide receiver or flex option that you feel good about out. I think this is a week you could take it. I'm taking a wait and see approach with Tank Dell. This is something that Lakwan touched on on the show yesterday. And then Courtland's set in against the Chargers and all of the Chargers receivers against the Broncos. I don't want to start a single pass catcher in that game.
Speaker 1: I don't think I want to start a player in that game. No, yeah, you know, just that the Broncos offense is a mess. The Chargers have to deal with the Broncos defense. That's a tough matchup. I think that game could be nine to seven. I don't think I want any parts of that game six to three.
Speaker 2: This could be six to three. Start the kickers. I don't know that might be what you want in this one.
Speaker 1: LaQuan, how are you looking at Dontavian Wicks, because obviously the production was not great just the two catches last week, but he had seven targets. I mean, are we is this a trust the process or is it just like hey man, the results aren't what we wanted.
Speaker 4: I think trust the process, like Vyum will always be king to me man and Jordan Love is going back to him. It's not like Jordan Love is getting frustrated with some of those throws, and some of those throws aren't really deon Tavian Wick's fault, you know, right now is looking like he can't catch the ball. He's dropping everything. But a lot of times these are difficult balls for a young player to go out there and catch. So when you really watch the film of him playing, and it's like growing pain. So I think as the season progresses and he gets these opportunities, Ryan will always ring king in my book, and these will translate to fantasy points eventually.
Speaker 1: All Right, So we are still on the Dantavian Wicks train, still very curious to see what's going on with Romeo Dobbs. That's it's a weird situation there when you know we haven't heard much on the outside.
Speaker 2: I get it though.
Speaker 4: You know, on the Internet a lot of people saying that he's not the sexiest fantasy pick. So it may be a little bit of him just watching too much of the internet right now.
Speaker 1: I guess I would hope that I would hope that, you know, I hope he wouldn't put a lot of stock into what we say.
Speaker 3: I think he realized, despite playing the most snaps, all of the other three receivers get more targets when they're on the field. Yeah, and he's probably not too happy about that.
Speaker 2: That frustration. I mean, I do get that frustration.
Speaker 1: But you know, as a lot of really smart people who watch a lot of really you watch a lot of wide receiver tape have told me frequently, targets are earned and not given, and at some point, if you're not earning those opportunities, you know, maybe it's it's time to sort of look at what you're doing and try to figure out your own process a little bit.
Speaker 2: That's just me. I just talk about fake football for a living.
Speaker 1: Finally, last, but not least, we have to talk about tight ends Floorio, because it's a thing that we have to do. I'm sure it's probably the most depressing part of your week having to write about tight ends. It starts sitting. But yeah, please, if you could pull yourself out of your adul drums, please help us.
Speaker 3: It is second behind kickers.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, I do my start sip kickers.
Speaker 3: Immediately because I'm like, I want to get that out of the way. Tight Ends are usually the last position I'd write about. But Brock Bowers I have as a Mustard option movie. He leads you pick a category, he probably leads tight ends in it. Right now, Dalton Kincaid, because the Jets secondary so good at taking out wide receivers that I think this and James Cook is banged up right now, I think it's going to be a Kincaid week. Kyle Pitts cam Wolf came out last week and said they want to get into the ball more. They then he had his second best game fantasy wise in the last three years Panthers struggled against tight ends. He brings upside, which is more than most tight ends can say. Tucker Craft, I don't see how you get away from him right now. In fact, in my home league, I am strongly going back and forth between Tucker Craft or Sam Laporta. That's where we are at right now with him and then and then Since Mark Andrews and Isaiah Likely last week was a step in the right direction for them, but their usage was still far from ideal, and the Commanders have not allowed a top ten tight end this year. I want to take a wait and see approach with Dalton Schultz. Week two was fun for Hunter Henry, but his other four games combined are less productive than that. And then Mike Koseki. There's just not enough volume when t Higgins and Jamar Chaser out there. Uh. But selfishly, I want to ask you guys, would you play Tucker Craft or Sam Laporta tough one.
Speaker 1: I might go Tucker Craft just because his t that's what I'm leaning. Stucker Show has been a little bit more consistent. Jameson Williams has just wrecked Sam Laporta's value this year.
Speaker 4: I think they figured out the new identity because the number support like this offense is way better than it was last season, like in some major categories, and you're looking at it like, man, Sam Laporta is a great player, but he's on the outside looking in right now with like eleven percent target share right now, so he's not that involved in the offense as he was last season.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I really might go Tucker Craft and maybe this recency bias, but you know, it's all we got to do, that's all we got to work on.
Speaker 3: Yeah, at this point, his last two games are better than any game Laporta has had this year. It's not close.
Speaker 2: No, it's really not.
Speaker 1: So you mentioned Mike Gasiki as a sit and I get it, the volume is not really there any deep level interest in like an Eric All, who I feel like it's going to maybe start a tight end takeover in Cincinnati. I mean, I am, I look on my am, I you know, am my nuts, Am I talking on my head again about this or what?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I don't think so.
Speaker 4: I mean all the hype over to summer was about how great Eric All was with but he was injured so therefore we didn't really see much in the summer. But I think the hype around him is true coming out of college. You watch his college state. The dude's talented, and I think he could go out there and contest an opportunity to be the starter there or start a turnover on Mike Koseki because we kind of seen what Mike Koseki could be these last couple of seasons. But more so, I think if there's going to be any competition that tight end rum, Eric might be the guy to take it over.
Speaker 1: I mean, look, I can sit here and tell you about like scouting reports and you know, practice report, or I could just tell you that he started at Michigan and went to Iowa, like those are like two tight end factories, right, Like at some point we're just like Iowa tight end. Sure, I'll draft him, like build them right, So like Eric all Iowa tight end, Like at some point you just wonder if that, you know, if he starts to take over there in Cincinnati, because I sick. He's been fine, but he's de Floyd, He's Mike the SICKI at some point, too.
Speaker 3: Big Jersey, I think you're onto something. Not but not only with Eric All right, like like him, Theo Johnson. Uh, these rookie tight ends, it takes a little bit. I know Sam Laporter came out to gate firing last year, but every other rookie tight end it's a slower build. So we could see these rookies kind of take over like Trey McBride did in the middle of the season last year. So I'm not saying that these guys are must adds, these rookie tight ends, but just something to keep an eye on, especially given the state of the position.
Speaker 1: Yeah, at the point, we're sort of grasping at straws and trying anything that we think is gonna Yeah, so if you were in a deeper league, like I'm not telling you if you're a tim team lead.
Speaker 2: You're not.
Speaker 1: You're not grabbing Eric All and playing him, but you're in a deep league where tight end is already pretty thin.
Speaker 2: I'm Eric All, THEO Johnson watchless utilize it, yep.
Speaker 1: A couple of names told in your back pocket that might provide some dividends for you in the future. There it is, of course, for more and now it's you can go check out these stardom cidum column at NFL dot com, slash start sit uh leave comments, but only nice ones. If you have something negative to say, keep it to yourself, put it in the text chain, don't put it on the on the common board or on the internet.
Speaker 2: That's all I gotta say.
Speaker 1: In the meantime, I'll do it for this edition of the Stardom Cydem Show. Appreciate you hanging out with us for the quand for Floria. I am Marcus. Thanks everybody who holps us put this together. Enjoy week six everybody. Hopefully it is prosperous and we will talk to you again real soon.