Speaker 1: Why does sports bring people together like nothing else.
Speaker 2: Because we all root for one common gold.
Speaker 3: That's like one of the only times in life with if you're black and white, your purple, brown, pink, pink.
Speaker 1: Which so religion. We throw orientation, We throw all that out the window.
Speaker 3: From one common Gold, a super bowl that bring everybody right.
Speaker 4: All my life, grinding all my life, sacrifice, hustle bag price, one slice got the brother gys.
Speaker 3: Swap all my life.
Speaker 4: I've been grinding all my life, all my life, and grinding all my life, sacrifice, hustle bag price, one slice got the brother geys swat all my life.
Speaker 3: I've been grinding all my life.
Speaker 5: Hello, Welcome to another episode of Club Shape.
Speaker 3: Shay.
Speaker 5: I am your host, Shannon Sharp.
Speaker 1: I'm also the propriud of Club Shape Shay stopping by for conversation on the drink today.
Speaker 3: Is a larger than life personality.
Speaker 1: He's made a name for himself as a rapper in now media personality hip hop's most captivating talents and respected artist mc songwriter, hosts, actors, social media influencer, philanthropists.
Speaker 5: He's a Luka.
Speaker 1: He's a shrewd businessman, a culture like on an unmatched force in his community. A prominent figure in the world of hip hop, sports and entertainment. He put song for his city with passion, A pioneer in the Philadelphia rap culture, a Philly legend, a diehard Eagles fan, a loving father and a husband from the city of brotherly love. He goes by the name sometimes of Damion Gillard, Shake, Gil Just ste Alexander Man new Gettinobi Shake, Gil O'Neill, Michael Gil Jordan.
Speaker 3: Here, your ladies and gentleman, Philly's own Gilly the kid. I'll tell you what character whoever wrote that, whoever put that shit together, that's a m Gilly.
Speaker 1: Yes, brother, thank you for Jordan's guys, Bill May, Lady JOm he been on one for the Tibby step there. This told you today, bro, from what you've been able to accomplish with million dollars, with the game, with your boy, what with your cousin wallow Man, Thank you giving us hope, giving us inspiration.
Speaker 5: Because I saw you guys do it. I said, hey, I can do.
Speaker 3: It too, and you're doing it. Did it, done it, still doing it.
Speaker 5: Mm hmmm. We're gonna leave you about that because you don't want to turn off you don't want to turn appreciate that. Bro, that's smooth.
Speaker 3: It wasn't none of that.
Speaker 5: No, no, no, no.
Speaker 1: No, Gilly, I'm gonna be pra a warning. We are recording this before the game. Yes, Saturday. The game is Sunday. This is going to air Wednesday.
Speaker 3: So boy, I sure hope y'all do that thing because if you don't, they're gonna tear you up in the comments. Yeah, but you know you're saying this. You know, you know if my sister had a pin that she would have been my brother. Un Fortunately she was my sister.
Speaker 1: All right, So check this out. The Eagles are undefeated. When you run out of the tunnel with the team, yes they are. Are you running out on? Say, I haven't gotten that call.
Speaker 5: You ain't got that call yet.
Speaker 1: I ain't get that call when you first ran out the tunnel and you're bringing the team out and seventy thousand fans and you feel that rush. How did it come about? How did that happen? And what is that rush like when you run out there with that team with the.
Speaker 3: Team, well, you know like a lot of people just really getting on. But to me, but if you last year when we was in the playoffs. We wasn't playing that good. I got the call from the team to come down to the locker room last year. It is all over the internet where I went down last year and talked to the team before the playoffs. So I have a relationship with the Eagles with you know, with Nick Sirianni best coach in the league, with Jeffrey Lorie. Shout out to Jeffrey's son, the whole family, the best owner in the league. Shout out to Howyrt Roseman, the best GM in the league. And Big Dom, right, Big Doms my guy. So when I was doing what I was doing all year with my Chilly on sports live stream and they just kept winning and every week they had to see me dance, Big Dom figured who else is better to bring them out the tunnel than Gilly? What does that mean? You're born, you're raised in Philly.
Speaker 1: What does that mean for a Philly kid to bring the hometown team out of the tunnel and have all those fans cheering.
Speaker 3: I mean it means everything to me because you know, since I can remember in my life, I only missed three Eagle games. Really yeah, one of them was a blackout game. We ain't selling enough tickets. In two of the games, I was in the Dominican Republic with Vin Grahams filming a movie. So to me, it's like, you know, we come from a poor city man. When the Eagles win, the morale in the city is better. It is when the Eagles lose, the morale is down. You think about all your problems. There's no escape. The Eagles is an escape, you know what I mean? When I ran out the tunnel with him, and uh, the funniest shi it is, I run out the tunnel and uh, I dropped down to the ground. I started doing the Brian talk. You the wolf ring, y'all hit the wolf ring, get up, let's go. I run to the front of the line there about to announced that the players now, and I'm with, you know some of the players that run out first. And I turn around. I look at Kenny Gainwell and the tears come down.
Speaker 2: My face and I say, I love this ship.
Speaker 3: And Kenny looked at me like, you know you not playing? Can you not playing with the you do? Then they announced the players about them, all the players running out of Then we run over to the sideline and the National Anthemist playing and that shit's bawling down my face to the point they got to the end of the song because I just had to have a conversation with myself. I said, what the are you doing? Get it together?
Speaker 1: You not fork got caught up in there about You're like you about to go to in a sweet.
Speaker 3: You not tackling nobody, You're not getting no receptions, Chill out, And I just had to wipe my face and be like, in my mind, I'm just talking to myself. I'm like, you're.
Speaker 5: Tripping all season long for the game.
Speaker 1: You play cameos, candy before the games, after the game, blow the Whistle too Short?
Speaker 3: How did you?
Speaker 1: I mean, were obviously were you a cameo fan or too short fan? How do you come up with the songs that you started wearing? Candy by cameo blow the Whistle too Short?
Speaker 3: At the end, Well, blow the Whistle has always been one of my favorites. That's your anthem, Yes, that's you know, that's just a song. That's a great vibe. And I picked just like Candy because I was letting the other teams know, y'all sweet, you know what I mean? So whoever we playing that week, the Jaints just like can day, oh see, and your wow, y'all sweet were gonna whoop your ass this week, okay, And that's how that started off. So you know tomorrow will be first thing in the morning, Kansas City Chiefs just like can day. We got something for y'all.
Speaker 5: But you dancing, you dance an electric slide to ya yall?
Speaker 1: So I mean, what's going on when you like you're doing this and you're getting in your you get because it seems like that's your routine. Like players at players athletes, we have a routine and that we go through and we feel that if we go through this routine, everything's gonna be okay. Do you feel like if you don't do that routine everything to the tea, something might go.
Speaker 3: Wrong with you? Right the hell? Yeah? Even my broom got that flew out. Bring that broom, don't bring no other brooms.
Speaker 5: So you just couldn't buy a room down here.
Speaker 3: I can't. Why would we do that when we undefeated? With him walking out with that broom, You better bring that dirty little broom you got from the house that's coming to the super Bowl with us.
Speaker 5: We hit your slid. Let me see, let me see the slide.
Speaker 3: What you got wait you know first seas from first is from here? Right, yeah, you can you you know what I mean? And then you break it down and then it is this, it's from here. This is a this is an old school dance called the e Maddick in Philly. Right, you just used to see Kevin Harten. Yeah, yeah, bring it together one two three, one two one two three, then your crawls and then your crawls and get us right to the connum of greg.
Speaker 1: So what if you saw let me, let's say, for the sake of argument, Yes, A j Brown scores a touchdown and he hits that.
Speaker 3: He's an all time legend. He's going down in an all time the Hall of Fame of Legends.
Speaker 1: I saw where you say any racism in Philly when you're a neighbor Jake Broomeman Swain is in your videos.
Speaker 5: So how long have you known Jake?
Speaker 3: Well, we moved into the neighborhood, right. Oh, that's our studio house. Okay, that's like our office where we work out as a content house. So when we first moved in, you know, Jake used to sit on the porch, older guy, so you know it would just be like, you know, just keep it moving, and.
Speaker 5: So he's like the mayor and do the right thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he just sit there. Okay, Okay, So you know I'm pulling up in different car. I might be in my nineteen forty one one day, I might be in my seventy four Chevy. I might be in my eighty nine Chevy. I might be in a Beamer. I might be in a BMW truck. Wilos in a Lamborghini. He's in a Porsche, He's in his Maybag, he in his sixty three bands, he and his Thenali truck. In the course of a month, he's seen us pull up in like twelve different cars. So one day and then we get packages delivered every day from different sponsors. So one day I'm sitting there and I'm saying, I said to myself, I say, cuz if I was a neighbor on this, I would think we were selling drugs. Yeah, so I said, let me go introduce myself to because when we pull up, we see them. They out there like fox going on. He come here every day in different cars and.
Speaker 5: Just chill and don't say anything.
Speaker 3: Right, So I want to introduce myself. No, this is who I am. And I said, because I probably figured you guys probably thought we were selling drugs, and Jake said, we definitely thought you guys were. So when Jake and seventy five said that, oh you my guy, you're my guy because you kept it really you didn't try to sugar coat you. Let us know the whole block. But what you guys were selling drugs, we couldn't believe the cars you were pulling up in. So now he knows who we are. The block is comfortable. I'm gifting the block gifts on holidays. I don't celebrate the holidays. And then Jake just so happened to walk over while I was dancing one day.
Speaker 1: Say, sports, how and why does sports bring people together like nothing else?
Speaker 2: Because we all rooting for one common goal.
Speaker 3: That's the That's like one of the only times in life with if you black and white, your purple, brown, pink, pink.
Speaker 5: We throw religion, we throw orientation, we throw all that out the.
Speaker 3: Windows, root for one common goal, a super Bowl that bring everybody together. Right you feel that, yes, go.
Speaker 5: To Draft King sportsbook app and make your pick.
Speaker 3: New Draft King customers can bet five dollars to get two hundred dollars instantly in bonus bet download the Draft King sports Book app. Use Code Money Moves. That's code money Moves for new customers to get two hundred dollars in bonus best instantly when you bet just five books only on Draft King Sportsbook.
Speaker 5: The crowd is.
Speaker 6: Yours gambling problem called one eight hundred gambler or in West Virginia, visit one eight hundred gambler dot neat In New York called eight seven seven eight hope and wire text hope and why four six seven three six nine. In Connecticut, help is available for problem gambling call eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of Boothill Casino in resorting, Kansas twenty one and over age varies by jurisdiction, Void and Ontario one. No sweat bet per new customer issued as one bonus bet based on the amount of initial losing bet. Bonus bets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issue once. See DKNG dot com slash promos for deposit wagering and eligibility restrictions, terms and responsible gaming resources.
Speaker 5: Why is sports? You know?
Speaker 1: Because I hear I've never lived in Philly anything. But I hear everybody says Philly fans, they're so passionate about the Eagles, about the about the Phillies, about the seventy six was about there? What makes the Philly fan base so ravenous about their teams?
Speaker 3: This to be all the way honest with you, we just a rude city, be a bunch of it was the mob, a bunch of Jurkos idiots, me and we and we really take pride in being idiots, like we don't give a You come to Philly and you lose, walking out that stadium is going to be the one of the roughest rides you had if you got on another team's jersey.
Speaker 1: Wow, may y'all already won the game with a little stall of out. Man, Let them go about their business.
Speaker 3: Our mentality is you thought you were going to win? Yeah? Why they can't.
Speaker 1: That's what makes us idiots explain Philly to people that's never been to Philly. But you know it's it's you, guys, booz sant, who boot the man bringing presence? Who booz pant?
Speaker 3: He didn't bring the right present? He was in the Super Bowl, y'all? Boot Ben Simmons shit, can y'all do that to be Ben because he didn't bring the right presence. He was impressive looking at them stat sheets, right, eight rebounds and seven points.
Speaker 1: That's bad, that's horrible. How the Eagles brought the city together this year.
Speaker 3: I mean it's brought the whole city together, the whole area. And I just don't want to say Philly because Delaware. A lot of Delaware's Eagle fans, a lot of South Jersey is Eagle fans. So it was brought to trial state area together. I mean, we've just been we've just been kicking ass man.
Speaker 5: Have you thought about what happens if you guys don't win?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 5: Did you go to the.
Speaker 3: Last Super Bowl when they played? When they play Kansas City was right there. And let me ask you a question. When you ever was playing in the Super Bowl, did you think about not winning?
Speaker 1: Nah?
Speaker 3: Did you think about.
Speaker 5: But I could impact the game?
Speaker 3: You can't harready impact. So if you you got to understand, I don't run them out of the out of the locker room during the Super Bowl and we lose, they gonna bad, They're gonna see it's because Kelly didn't run them out of the locker room because the one thing Nick said to me, Nick say, I need the greatest coach in the league right now.
Speaker 2: He said, you're three, and now.
Speaker 3: He understands or the superstiti my energy is different. Yeah, and I'm used to routine. So every time they brought me in their locker room, it's the same thing. The coach come up first, love you coach, he walk out, Then the players come up, and then I lose my mind. Were playing for the be playing for the name on the front of that jersey, in the back of that jersey, and then I call out certain players. Your family watching what you're gonna do. You know, your girlfriend watching, man, what you're gonna do. Your mother's watching what you're gonna do. Good players has made during the regular season, Legends is made in the playoffs. Who gonna be legendary to day? We're playing for the name that's on the front of that jersey, in the back of that jersey. But who I'm gonna make the name on the back of that jersey somebody today. That's what I need to know. Be playing Philadelphia football today. That's smart, tough, fast and physical. Everybody to the ball. By the time we leave out their locker room. They ready, they run through the walk, They're ready. You gotta understand. I walked in the locker room and jail and Cardiff was like this at his locker room. He was one of the last people out of the locker room, and Connor Barroom walked me in and he didn't even know who was talking to him, and I said, it's not a planet Earth that can block you. He turned around and seeing it was messed out.
Speaker 2: I don't give up.
Speaker 3: If they brought an alien down from Morris Center and Pluto, he can't block you. You understand what I'm saying. He said, I got you og. The minute we walked out their locker room. Conder Barber said, you just got the team of sack today. And that kid had a few sacks. So the motivation is different.
Speaker 1: You get the call, I don't know who call you, whether it's Big Dog, I'm I don't know if it's Nick sil Yanni And they said, Gilly, you're gonna run them out today the Super Bowl, one hundred million people watching, everybody in Philly's watching.
Speaker 5: What would that? What would that?
Speaker 1: It's one thing to run them out in the regular season or the postseason. It's something entirely different because they chronicle these games super Bowl fifty nine, the Eagles and the Chiefs and Gilly wallall call you the mascot.
Speaker 3: But you know, you know that's cool.
Speaker 1: What would that moment mean to the Philly kid that grew up and watched all these Eagles games and he's running the team out in Super Bowl fifty nine onto the field to do battle.
Speaker 3: The biggest thing would have been getting me there to the Super Bowl because the minute I get that call might pass the out.
Speaker 1: Boom clear, Hello, this is the outfit that you normally wear when you run out there?
Speaker 3: Absolutely what you how you going? How you wearing enough? No, this is a regular VIC jersey right here?
Speaker 5: Is that an authentic big jersey? Or that's the one that is.
Speaker 3: Authentic, the one I got, says Mike Gilvick on it. It's a little different. It's a little different. Now you got Michael VICKI you got Mike Gilvick, Right, it's a little different.
Speaker 1: Hold on, you said, I saw where uh gave Wallow Wallo Say, look, man, I ain't really no fan.
Speaker 5: I'm a fan of the team that's winning. So if you win it, I'm your boy. You lose it. I ain't got no type of if you start.
Speaker 1: If I root for you and you start to lose, I'm gonna find you another team. Squa said, man, I come on, wallow bag, you bad wagon hoppit right?
Speaker 3: And you know what's so crazy? This Saquon first year here and he knew that he've been here for eleven games. Shrugg you like the Eagles. Now. He was so thrown off that Sequon city. He was like, how you know that? Like, yeah, like you've been talking. Togain had to let him know.
Speaker 1: Man, man, you're sixers man, Yes, Gilly, I mean y'all brought in Maxie is still playing out of his mind.
Speaker 3: Yes, Jordan Beiid has been nicked.
Speaker 1: I mean he played in the Olympics and then the knee messed up again and so he missed the time y'all signed pg and that hadn't worked out like you guys thought it would.
Speaker 3: What's going on with your seventy sixers? Bro? What I mean sugar coat? Nah?
Speaker 5: We don't sugar coat nothing here.
Speaker 1: This ain't no ben ye Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: I feel like he made some wrong decisions. One with signing PG row decision. I mean until you proved me wrong. You know, would you would you prefer to keep Tobias? No, because at the end of the day, Tobias was under so much scrutiny it was gonna be hard for him to play for the Sixers anyway, you know what I mean. So, but what PG has come and brought to the t so far, it don't look like we got our money's.
Speaker 2: Worth, you know what I mean. Yes, it's like.
Speaker 3: Looking like you're having trouble beating people off the dribble. Everybody's staying in front of you. You're taking a bunch of contested shots. Everything is contested. So I don't know, but I know he's coming off of injury too, right, So I'm hoping hopefully that he can get back to, you know what I mean, where he was. But as of right now, you know, it don't look good. And as of right now for Joe Elmb it don't look good as well. Because you played the whole summer with the USA team and.
Speaker 5: You was nick going into the playoffs last year. Why would you do.
Speaker 3: I didn't hear about you missing no practices. I didn't hear about you missing nothing that had to do with the USA team. So don't tell me you're gonna get out. Then you're gonna tap dance for the USA team and gold medal. But when it comes to the Philadelphia seventy six is you played four hundred and twenty one games and get missed four hundred and four. Think about that? So you feel in some type of way about it. See, I'm about a person. I'm about being reliable. The one thing you can't say. You can say you're a great player. You can say when you're on the court, you're unstoppable, you can say it MVP worthy every year. But the one thing you can't say is you reliable.
Speaker 5: You still trust the process?
Speaker 3: I've been Stop trusting the process, you know what I mean? I think we missed. At a certain point, you gotta say we might need to go with a different process. Wow, when you got three MAX players that's supposed to be superstars and only one of them performing, and we got like were like twelfth in the East Man, how can.
Speaker 2: I trust the process?
Speaker 1: We saw Luca get traded? Yes, would you be okay? How would you feel that the seventy six ers move Joel and b.
Speaker 3: I mean, at this point, I think I'm speaking for every sixer fans. We wouldn't have no we couldn't feel no type of way because, like I said, when you go at games played versus games not played, its damn near equal. So we get to see you on the court just as much as we get to see you off the court. There's no difference. So at the end of the day, it's like it's to the point where you we never know if you gonna play or not. Who want a player like that. I'm the biggest Joel and B fan ever. I go on all these podcasts and I let everybody know nobody could be nobody. He was averaging thirty five points last year. But then the games that's played.
Speaker 1: So do you believe the opportunity to pass you back because you had a couple of years that Ben Simmons was there and he was an All Star. Ben was playing at an All Star well, he was an All Star All India defensive player. Joel Embiid, I mean it's always been he's kind of nicked at the most inopportunity at the wrong time, and.
Speaker 5: So he's kind of limping into the playoffs.
Speaker 1: Do you feel that you guys have missed that opportunity you had the Hawks down three to one and you let them come all the way back. Gilly, do you feel your opportunity to pass you by now?
Speaker 3: I mean I feel like with this team right now, our opportunity is whether Joel Embiid is healthy or whether he's not healthy.
Speaker 2: That's what it all comes down to.
Speaker 3: If we get a Joel Embiid that's healthy, we can beat anybody. But the problem is he's never healthy. Yes, and you don't get healthier as you get older, right, needs, get a little tender feet, get tender, help me get all the fucked up.
Speaker 1: You caught a lot of flat because you had Lebron ranked over the Philly kids.
Speaker 3: Rest is soul, Kobe? Yes, you still feel Lebron is a better player than Kobe. Yes, I feel like if Lebron James is the best player we ever seen in the world, if we never seen Michael Jordan play, So you.
Speaker 1: Got Jordan ranked over Lebron, that's the only player that you've got over Lebron.
Speaker 3: Yes, Okay, let me just ask you this question. Right, If me and you both came in the league at eighteen and I averaged twenty at eighteen, and you averaged six point seven and I averaged more assist than you, more rebounds than you. I'm the fastest player of the ten thy fifteen, twenty, twenty five, thirty thirty five, the fastest player. We came in the league at the same time. How could you be better than me? We all we both got the chips. Matter of fact, you wasn't even the best player on your team at one time. I never walked into a locker room and wasn't the best player on my team at I got drafted number one. I went to a team that won thirteen games. Do you think that these grown ass men in this locker room thought this eighteen year old kid was gonna come in there and make a difference. They didn't know, But I did, because the next year we won thirty something games. So what do we talk Not taking anything away from Kobe's greatness, but what are we talking about? This kid had the most pressure on him out of anybody in their history of the game. Front of Sports illustrated tenth grade chosen one. They said, he can play in the league right now when the tenth grade everybody's like, what he probably could havebe. Bryant backed up Eddie Jones at one time Lebron James wouldn't have backed Eddie Jones up in eleventh grade. And Eddie is my man, Yes, but Lebron James is different. Think about that. Yeah, he came into the league as an eighteen year old kid and probably was the eighth heaviest person in the league, but probably was the fastest person in the league. So it's not taking anything away from Kobe. But Kobe used to go to an NBA locker room and put a Robin uniform on. Shaq was batman. Lebron never showed up and put a Robin uniform on in any locker room. Ever. That's the difference.
Speaker 1: Hey, what's up everybody. It's shining sharp and I'm a role partner. Are you ready to lose an average of fifteen percent of your weight faster? Meet The latest offering through row roll now offers fdair proved weight lost bile for half the price of those expensive auto rejector pins, No insurance or saving cards needed, and you'll see results. Faster, lose and on average of fifteen percent of your weight in just one year. This formula from Eli Lilly targets two key hormones to curb hunger with less nausea than other treatments. Your ROW affiliated provider will help you figure out if JLP one are right for you with support throughout the process. Plus, you can sign up online. No waiting rooms, no doctor visit, just simple convenient access. Over three hundred and eighty five thousand people have already chosen ROW weight loss, faster, confidence, higher price, cheaper. What are you waiting for? Go to road dot co slash Shannon to see if you qualify. That's Row dot Co slash Shannon. Go to road dot co slash safety for box warnings, full safety information about JLP one medication. Give me about rushmore Philly sports guys, So you got Iverson Chamberlain, Phras and Smant, Julia Serving, you know them? Who is your form guys that you're going to put on my brushmore?
Speaker 3: You definitely gotta go Bubba Chuck. Hey, I you gotta go Wilt Chamberlain. You have to go Joe Frazier and you would have to probably go Julia Surfer the doctor.
Speaker 5: Yes, you went all basketball Joe Joe.
Speaker 3: I mean got Joe Freezier beat Mohammad a leave Man. I could put Brian Dawkins in there, but he never won. A super Bowl, right, you know what I mean? I could put I could throw Jason Kelcey in there because he's a But can I put Jason Kelsey over Doctor Jay?
Speaker 5: I know I can't put him over Allen Iverson.
Speaker 3: That's just like he's the all time Philly goat over everything.
Speaker 5: So who's your best Who is your best rapper? NBA player all time?
Speaker 3: Damian Lillard better than Shot Shack had Shack's little more records, and Shack had his moments too. Can shock and rap? He could do a thing.
Speaker 5: That's my guy, but they ain't really got flow like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but if you're going who's the biggest rapper basketball wise, then it would have to be Shack without a doubt.
Speaker 5: All right, let me ask you this best rapper Hooper.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm, Dirk J Cole, Breezy, Quavo, two Chain, game Master, p Davies, Cameron, and Mace.
Speaker 3: Mmmm. Now I would probably say Dave's better than Breezy. No Breeze, he's good too, but no, no, no, no, no, no no no. The person I'm putting number one NL chopper really yeah, he can really play. You know, Ali Tapa is the only person that I played against in a celebrity game where I had twenty seven, he had twenty seven. He manchined me bucket for bucket.
Speaker 5: Like you know, master P almost made the league.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but master P needs a little tender. My og hips ain't looking the same, man, I mean it's back up. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So one on so one on one, you and Chopper who taking it the fifteen we going to fifteenth.
Speaker 2: Will already beat him twice in the Big three.
Speaker 5: So no one on one. We're going one on one.
Speaker 3: We guarding each other. So he got all the work.
Speaker 5: He yell, you ain't got no gilly.
Speaker 3: Everybody know when it comes to the og.
Speaker 5: So we got a port in under this, so we got to port it over.
Speaker 3: I don't play no over thirty five, No disrespect my game like that. Ain't playing no part cards like I would not play you. That's the easy one.
Speaker 5: What at five tiers? So we going five tiers?
Speaker 3: We go together.
Speaker 5: We gotta put a hype limit and a hold.
Speaker 3: On it's footag y'all there me cooking lethal shooter. He's six ' four. I don't play no game. He's mainly a shooter. He ain'dtort really no one on That's what I am I'm a shooter. No, you play, you play, I'm a shooter. Heear mean, I'm open.
Speaker 5: But you are a three times Big Big three celebrity MVP. You gonna win it a game.
Speaker 3: They brought the professor this year for me.
Speaker 5: Oh, he gave you that work.
Speaker 3: He got there and realized I signed up for some ship.
Speaker 5: Why they don't let you play an nb A celebrity game.
Speaker 3: Because it's an easy MVP for me. They know it. It's too easy because and then honestly, I'm not even hyped to play in the NBA Celebrity Game because that's all politics. You feel me? Yeah, ninety percent of the people out there can't play right, So it's like or you just got the right you got the right publicist. That's all. That's why you You never played basketball in your life, why would you be playing in this game? So that's about politics, man, And that's an easy MVP trophy for me.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna stay with the Negro League.
Speaker 5: You believe you can Beatjamal Crawford in the one on one?
Speaker 3: Yes, the man stop playing alright, I'm just saying, Jamal while you're ducking.
Speaker 5: Me, that man is a three. That man is a three time things man on the year.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he got six hundred and thirty nine thousand miles on them knees.
Speaker 5: They're done. He done, They're done. The man to cook you?
Speaker 3: Why he ain't he he hasn't accepted my challenge. I talked to him. He said, me and my son gonna get you. All right, Well, let's let's do this. I get your signed out the way first, just to let you know this, this a grown ass man game. Sit down a little JJ, JJ said, your little ass down man, But you will Dad. I want, yeah, you know what I want for.
Speaker 1: Fifty points for different teams. The oldest man that's gonna fifty Dad that. Let me tell you something.
Speaker 3: The one thing, you know, the one thing we don't ever operade office. No fullback Thursday. Shit. We ain't not parading off, no throwback Thursday. Shit. We don't want to know about the bench n eighty nine. What you're doing now, I'm deep fried barbecue bacon, young mother fucker's fight down forty.
Speaker 1: I'm taking one on one. I'm taking Breezy over you. I'm just saying I cook Breezy.
Speaker 3: Wait, hold on, you wanna pull up the footage of me at Breezy house you could right, Okay, you cook it deep fried barbeque, baked rotestary chicken. Oh no, for Breezy, Breezy. Breezy got game. Yeah he can really play. Breezy could really play.
Speaker 1: I got one for you because you were talking reckless and he said he ain't gonna let him loose on you just yet because he got the other things to do.
Speaker 5: Bronnie, Bronnie'll cook you see.
Speaker 3: Come see, let me just tell you something. I leve rich Ball get away with that, right because Rich my man Rich used to run around and Philly a little bit. Briannie, you're too little at no, no, no athletic jump can shoot. I'm talking about you know where you done got me at. That's the reason why we're a big hat man, every big thing.
Speaker 5: Every time Briddie scored, you're right, do that right there.
Speaker 3: But what you gotta understand, if me and Jamal Crawford play, or me and Briannie played one on one, right, I'm forty eight years old. Right, if they beat me fifteen or nine, I won you let somebody's grandfather score nine times on you.
Speaker 5: Now, I don't think you getting nine on Bridani. I think you get like two or two.
Speaker 3: Shit, ain't nobody ever beat me two winks nine?
Speaker 5: You're all gonna do it. Back you down and post you up.
Speaker 3: And I ain't wonna about that six four wingspan. The Ferston be six four, but he got a six nine wings fan five nine with a six four wings fan?
Speaker 5: Well, Rich, bad challenge you to a three part competition and you back down.
Speaker 3: I let Rich. You know Rich is one of them due to you know, we got some business ventures.
Speaker 5: You don't want to ruin that?
Speaker 3: What fuck that? Rich? My god? You know after we close the venture, did I get about to get the symptom? Now? Rich? And while we in negotiations and we're gonna be back in form, I let Rich get that one.
Speaker 5: If you wouldn't let you play in the Big Three, you play the Big.
Speaker 3: Three, playing the Big Three, but you won't let me because you gotta understand. Think about this, right, I played three Big Three games, right? Every game I hit a full pointer and at least three three pointers? Right? Yeah, mary O Thomas played a whole Big Three season. Ain't hit a full pointer? Man? Why he catch you straight? I'm just saying, I'm just saying, what's my other man? With the podcast The point Guard Jeff t Yeah, play the whole Big three season.
Speaker 1: Now you're gonna talk about you gonna cook Teed. You ain't gonna cook my five twenty guys.
Speaker 3: I'm just he running from me. He keep calling me, keep talking about what we're gonna do. But anytime I'm trying to set up the game, they're not playing. But Tee, I'm telling them handle this. You know this going straight to Instagram. We're doing this live. We not doing no filming where we gotta edit shit. I don't need to edit shit. I get five, six, seven buckets in a row. Step your ass up, and then you gotta deal with the mouth. That's the thing they can deal with.
Speaker 1: Oh so you're gonna try to talk about their game. No, that's what I do. That's what I do to step up. Oh you didn't step up. But see Briani, you ain't even be getting that shot out. You see Bridni throwing folks stuff out of there.
Speaker 3: I got a jump shot and he did it right there. I know how to get them right. Young Kobe d skills. Briannie is the Brannie is the truth. He's going to develop into a great play. But the things I could teach him. It would have celebrated process. That's all I'm saying. But you did get a basketball scholarships. Yeah, what happened? To wallow tell you what I have?
Speaker 5: Nah, Wallowey, tell me what happened. I got you here? Tell me I got you.
Speaker 3: Where you said that. What happens? It's like I know some details, and well, I was a young, reckless kid becaase you didn't like you. Nah, the coach love me. Shout out to coach Zeke loved me. And during the summertime, I had got into something of an arm robbery type of situation. That's something like, so, I'm like, because I changed my life, brother, Yeah, okay, I'm trying to make it look good. And you up like I got spots and ship you know so, and I'm trying to make you know. But sponsors in the stand that I changed my you dead, we're talking about them there thirty years ago, you know what I mean? Yes, and uh rest in piece to Alan Bunch. You know what I mean. Was a kid that was with me that lost his life and I got kicked out of college and uh that's when rapping started.
Speaker 1: And uh, if you got that skill though, Gilly, you had a skill, you got a scholarship to play basketball.
Speaker 3: How would you get jammed doing an arm rock? No, I'm in college.
Speaker 5: I know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: I'm actually in my sophomore year. Yes, but you got to understand you growing up in the ghetto, right, Yes, and I didn't. Me and my mom didn't really have the best relationship when I was younger. So I moved out of my mom house at seventeen years old. I never been back. I'm forty eight years old, you feel what I'm saying. So I had an apartment off of campus. I would go to I went to school, and the assumption was that I had family members that looked out that. You know that, because I would leave come home. I would give a whilow who was my little cousin. We would go do some crazy shit and then I go back up to the school. But I had an apartment off campus, so I would come home, go back up to school. Oh, go play basketball tournaments. My schoolwork never was a problem, Go home, go back up to school. So when this happened, they had me on the front of the daily news. It said Cabrini basketball star lived this double life. Damn. And then it talked about how I went to college. I was productive, I was on a team I started as a freshman. But then it also talked about how I got caught up in some jacket vote right, so I got kicked out of college. And then it was a little rough.
Speaker 5: Do you remember you remember the day that you.
Speaker 3: August twenty second, nineteen ninety six, the day my homie got killed during an arm robbery. Rest in peace, Allen Bunch, Love you, brother. I always would represent you. Shout out to his mother because one of the hardest days of my life was going to his funeral. Because he was a kid that went to college with me, and he was he didn't come from that shit, And I told him what it was that I did. He didn't even believe the ship. But then as he started hanging with me during the summertime, he got involved with me.
Speaker 2: He wanted to go and then you know, one thing led to another.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so shout out to Alan Bunch. You also ran track too, Yeah, so you do you play football? Nah?
Speaker 2: I was good at running, for.
Speaker 5: Mother, that'd have been perfect for football.
Speaker 3: I know, like, yeah, Wallow was never good at running, always got cold. Yeah. Yeah, me the cop. You hear the cop, sovereigns go off year he's going to jail. That nigga Gilly is going to get skinny. God's wait up. That's the police heavy waiting up for himself. Anytime you hear from him, you have a collect call from you as well.
Speaker 5: How can I have your color?
Speaker 3: And Nick? Never got away man because a juvenile. He never got away.
Speaker 5: I saw a shot.
Speaker 3: He's scarny.
Speaker 5: How he's slow and scinny.
Speaker 3: That motherfucker a heavy ankles and the heavy est ankles in Philadelphia. Hear me, he'll be with six. Everybody get away by him.
Speaker 1: I got one for you, Yeah, Cat, I think can't get you in a forty.
Speaker 3: Time cook the ship out of kitch.
Speaker 1: You're crazy. You saw that man run like four five on the fen of forty. You saw it?
Speaker 3: Oh, I ge me and you both flow. That wasn't.
Speaker 5: Okay?
Speaker 3: Four six five fucker five six wid come on that If you don't got that what it's why he ran down more nique. That was in a high school. Jyp. Cat didn't be warm up. He was in some damn jeans. You know, God there with it's God damn wide receivers in the draft right now, coming out the draft, they running and got there four five you know then what it was? Six' one? Cat get you though, No, you won't see it's the difference you got You ain't You don't run no party if gillet I do. I just ran a forty at the Giants facility, did not And what did I run? Four nine? What? Man, you ain't running no four nine forty eight? What did I run?
Speaker 5: Four nine two at thirty three yards?
Speaker 3: At forty yards?
Speaker 5: Who marked? Who marked the yard?
Speaker 3: They? We was really at the Giants facility, And I told them I could run. I was hyping the ship up though. I told him I could run a four to six, And he was like, well, we got the guy right here with the time of me out there and I ran a four nine first time, didn't warm up in nothing, So imagine if I warmed up, stretched and ship you know, four nine fortnine. But I feel like I'm going with Cat all right. I mean we could do would man for some money, I got Cat that that would be the easiest money ever. Gave me many.
Speaker 1: Hey, Cat, Hey, I just need Cat to train for like two months.
Speaker 3: Cat ain't got it. Kennon on toward doing shows.
Speaker 5: Man, you and Coach Prime, good friend.
Speaker 1: Yes, you and Wallow, you guys were down there when he took off the Jackson State. You guys were really the Perston layups. Yes, that showed up on the scene, showed lust game. First game, you got Coach Prime.
Speaker 2: I knew Coach Prime for for a minute.
Speaker 3: Man. You know, Coach is a really good guy, you know what I mean as far as speaking to him, you know, and Coach is somebody that I could call and get some games, you know what I mean. And uh, when he told us he was going to Jackson State, he was like, Coach, we in. You know, we're gonna come down there and we're gonna we're gonna put some light on this ship and we're gonna really help you, you know what I mean. The program, the program now it was up y'all off, y'all win or not. But the light we could bring is you know, it's a different type of light. And Coach was really you know, your perceptive of that, like, let's do it. And then they won, you know, and then they won the second year, and then it made it even better because Travis decided to go. So now you got a big name coming Shdorf. He could have want the Alabama could have won here. He said, I'm gonna go play for my dad. So now you got some big names that's coming. That's also drawing some attention. You got us and you got coach Brown.
Speaker 1: There's a situation. You guys are there. Guy scores a touchdown. You're running down the sideline with him. He gets in the end zone, he hands you the ball. You in the end zone, you spike it. What the are you thinking?
Speaker 3: I wasn't.
Speaker 5: But you're like, you ain't got no head of the should up.
Speaker 3: But listen, but if you look at the video, they say, Killy, you just gotta stand behind the white. Yeah, if you look at that video, Coach Prime said it. He said, Gilly's behind the white. I ran the whole sideline, go Nesh, let's go, because you know, I know these kids him in the locker room, I'm dancing with him. I'm hyping him up. Before the game. I ran the whole sideline with him, but I was behind the white. I got to the end zone, he threw me the ball. I was like, now, when Tom Brady gave his offensive line in the ball. Tom Brady at the game, they at the game Gilly for a minute. I was in the game, and Coach Prime said, in Gilly's defense, why would you throw him? Like, what was he supposed to do? He running down, he's taping you up, and did you give him the ball penalty on the bench. I'm like, that's me.
Speaker 5: The only thing that made it worse. If you threw the ball in the stands.
Speaker 3: Why why they would have made it?
Speaker 1: Man, you can't throw that. Ain't an NFL game. You have seen somebody kind of throw the ball at the same Yeah, I did not have it. I have it exactly.
Speaker 3: See. I don't even know all the rules, you know what. I was so into the game that they threw a penalty. I didn't even know the flag was on me or nothing. I'm walking up the sideline, I'm charging your widow's head and there was nothing about sports. He was like, cuz, I don't think you're supposed to do that shit, And then did all common sense hit me. I was like, personal file. I was like, that was the first time. The first game I never went in the locker room doing halftime. I was like, I'm staying on the field with the cheerleaders and ship. I ain't going to the locker. Where would you want to see your door go?
Speaker 5: What thing?
Speaker 2: I would want to see your door go to the Titans, Number one.
Speaker 3: Overall, number one overall no noise Titans, Lacey, you don't have none of the noise. But I also believe that wherever it's your door goes, he's good. Because you got to understand. If I'm a GM and I'm drafting the quarterback, I gotta say to myself, this kid's been through a lot more than every other kid in the draft because he always had to live up to be in Dion Sand the sun, so he always had the spotlight on him and all he did was produce. When he went to Jackson State, they said he was at a black college. Then he went to the worst FBS school in college football, which was Colorado. At the time, there was the worst FBS school in football Division one football, And two years later they're ranked in the top twenty five. So that shows you that he won in high school four state championships. He went to college, they said, oh, he's at a black school. He couldn't do that if he was here. Then he went to a school that wasn't that good and took them to greatness took them to something to whereas though now it's an attraction that you actually want to go to Colorado because they got Julian Newman now. And that's a that's a product of Coach Prime. Yep, his coaches, Doors Sanders, Travis Hunter, and the way that Coach Prime treats his players.
Speaker 1: You got an opportunity to see Trat when he went to Jackson State. He followed time to see you an opportunity to see him up close and to watch what he turned himself into. We knew he had the potential, but to see last year that Heisman and you got you went to a lot of games.
Speaker 3: What is it like?
Speaker 1: Explain to people that had never that's never seen Trap play in person?
Speaker 3: What is it like?
Speaker 2: First of all, it's like.
Speaker 3: It's kind of strange because Travis outside off the football field is just the nicest kid. He what's up man? Hey? You know, but then when he stepped on the field, it's like a light. It's just like a switch go on and he's a total different person. Don't throw that shit over here?
Speaker 5: And you're like, who there?
Speaker 3: What the fuck? Like that's the same kid? Like because he's so nice and you don't even think I wouldn't even think that he even like even had that like mentality to talk. But when he step on that field, it's like it's just like a total different dog. So and you you really be like, Okay, he really takes this shit serious because he's two different people. When he's off the field, he's calm, he's laid back, he's the nicest he and then he stepped on the field and it's like, I wish you would try me throw that shit over if you want, And it's like he get it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you've been mad for twenty seven years when you met your wife.
Speaker 5: How did you know she was the one? Or do you know.
Speaker 3: I'm still trying to figure that shit out now. Look at my daughters in right then, So you see if I.
Speaker 5: Do, I'm not to say I would tell Mama.
Speaker 3: No, you know, you really don't know if somebody is the one, because you know, every day is a different challenge. But after we got you know, some time, man and years in and she was just so different, raised so different from how I was raised, you know what I mean. I never sat down at the table and had dinner with the family, and.
Speaker 2: They did that every day.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean, sat down at the table, had dinner, talk to about the day, what she did today, And my mom worked two jobs and like I was like home, like making beans and hot dogs for my little sisters and shit. So it was just totally different, and she brought a whole different perspective on life to me. You know what I mean. I was a kid coming up straight out the street carrying guns. She's like, you gotta take a gun to my mom house. I don't go anywhere without my guns.
Speaker 2: I'd rather be caught with it than without it.
Speaker 3: I'd rather be judged by six and judged by twelve than carried by six. Only ghetto shit the ship. That didn't make no sense. Now there you sit back. He was like, what was I I'm at the dinner table with her parents. Like, how you guys doing gun on my hip? Like parents are gonna do something? I should hold ghetto analogies. That didn't make any sense. I would rather be judged by twelve than carried by six. I would rather be a lion for a dating a sheep for a thousand years. No, I would rather be a sheep for a thousand But the ghetto trains you to think some of the most dumbest shit you can ever like. And I also say growing to a ninety five percent white college was some of the best shit I ever did in my life because they took a kid straight out the ghetto who the white man was to blame for everything. Let's just be for real, white man, Ricky up. Ricky ran in the bank with a gun. But growing up in the ghetto, it's not that, oh man. They just white man gave Ricky thirty raheen twelve years. They ain't shit raheen spistol to be the build in broad daylight. They robbed them. So me going to an all white college, it opened my mind up because I got up there and I understood that you got some really good white folks, how you guys that ain't shit That was like, what is this doing on campus? But you also had some white folks that would them up if they said that shit. And it just opened my mind up to a different perspective of life and even how to operate and be yourself around whoever. You feel what I'm saying. So when I finally started doing deals and I was able to operate around whoever, I was able to be myself around whoever, it didn't matter. And because I was in every environment and if you never actually put me in that environment, never know I would you feel what I'm saying. I got black friends right now that if I take him in an all white room, he told about how you doing. Uh, I'm Jamal. I'm like, I thought you was bulleted. I didn't even know your name was Jamal. You've been bulleted here old now you're here with you just switched up. You have switched up on me.
Speaker 1: So to know you have someone, because it hasn't always been you haven't always been this gilly say that like by the last decade, there's been some trials and tribulations. There's been some ups and down. But to know you gotta ride or die in your corner.
Speaker 3: I mean, that's everything you gotta understand. She went to jail with me. How you had the old leady go to jail? I was she Actually she took me to jail. She was the one selling the weed. I want to tell the story, but yeah, she went to jail with me, and we had a thing called the nebula here. Whereas though you can't bail out from the first, you gotta be locked up from three to ten take from three to ten days for your nebula hearing to come through, And it just so happened ours came through on the tenth day, and she wrote me a letter from one jail to the next and said, Babe, don't be over there stressing. I'm okay over here, I'm back and these bitches off. And I thought that was the funniest ship because I'm gonna keeping way way my woman. Look, I'm like the over here.
Speaker 7: Yeah they did, somebody got some good jam.
Speaker 3: But she wrote me that letter. I was like, was that the moment you knew? No, I hadn't do it before that ship. She had to be locked up, And right now you're trying to get me in trouble.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying. You know she'd have won. Yeah, but she wasn't enough to make you stop doing that foolishness.
Speaker 3: Well, she was liking the Louie.
Speaker 8: Bags, ye know what I mean. You like you like the lights, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: But uh, that was when it changed my life, because I said, that's when I really you always had a relationship with God. But I said, if I get out of this situation, you ain't never ever got to worry about me ever. You done being in your way ever again? Or the police way ever again.
Speaker 1: What was your first impression when you met her? When you fail for the first time. I don't know where you met her, when he was in the mall or you walking?
Speaker 3: You got understand when I walked up on her right?
Speaker 5: You know what? How you doing? Okay again? Okay, we're gonna go back thirty years ago.
Speaker 3: Of our facetiming right now. She'll tell you. I smelled her hair. Yeah, you weird. No, that should have get your case now. But I said, I was like, I said, you got all this long gas, pretty hair. I said, you don't need no Paul Mitchell products or nothing. I bet you when you run, your ship bounced, don't it. She had never heard no ship like that in her life. She was like this crazy, Yeah I am. And you know the one thing that good girls like crazy. She's been a part of my life ever since. You gotta understand. I used to have to go pick her up from the corner of her block because she didn't want her parents to see me. And then I just got it to her. I said, listen, nothing is enough. I ain't picking you up from the corner. No more, I'm a grown ass man. I was like, twenty one grown ass man doing that shit. You gotta understand. She told me her dad was black, and her mind was Korean bro. Looking at my woman, I thought it's gonna be this little light skinned, curly head with pretty eyes.
Speaker 5: That darker than you.
Speaker 3: Pulled up and she was like, that's my dad on the porch. I was like, the extra crispy, that dark motherfucker right, this is your dad. She was like yes. I felt so comfortable after that. That was it. I was like, he's a nig that's a that's a field nigga. I was like, yes, what I met her dad? Her uncle was said, I knew my uncle. He was like, you want something to drink? They was out there with the yeah you want to drink? I said, yeah, I take a drink. What you said? I like you. I don't trust people that don't drink. I was like, damn. That's when I also realized the littles was a bunch of alcohol. But whole family loved me. Man, Mom loved me, and I love the family and Bill. We've just been together for so long. It's my twenty two year old daughter sitting right there, twenty five year old son.
Speaker 2: So we've just been together.
Speaker 3: Father. Man, it's a beautiful thing when you know that you truly got somebody that, you know what i mean, really got your back.
Speaker 5: What if you tried to instill in your daughter about dating.
Speaker 1: She's a dating age now, guys, you find that it's different if you ain't have no bread. They see her like trying new young lady. Dad got some paper, How can we get some of it? What you tell your daughter about it made me kill.
Speaker 3: You done, gave you that life up, you know, made me kill somebody, made me go to prison. Now I'll play it. I'm just tell her you know that, you know for the most importantly, you know what I mean, just makes you always being respectful to yourself, you know what I mean. She was raised right, so she understands, you know what I mean. What's the dudes and the don'ts?
Speaker 5: She see you the relationship that you have with the mom.
Speaker 3: Right, so that that's a perfect example of what you know what I'm saying, right, Yeah, you me and your mom. We have ups and downs, just any relationship. We have arguments. We have the arguments is only reminded of the motherfuckers how much you love them? Right? You know what I mean? You gotta you got a relationship that's too quiet, something at right, you know what I mean. Sometimes you gotta argue just to get the fly your set. You gotta argue just to make up. Hey close years.
Speaker 1: Kevin Hart's from phil You got a relationship with Kate Hart. Y'all be joking that guy. I can imagine what tomorrow is going to be like.
Speaker 3: Yes, if y'all have when we win, when the Eagles win, when we win, you and k Hart gonna be all one on Oh what me? Kevin Hart, Meek Mills, Stephen Fowen, four time champion two week division. He's over there in the house at Club Shasha. So man, whole Philly gonna turn up. Man, I'll tell you one thing. When we win, they think I was dancing before, Shit called me DM goddamn dancing machine.
Speaker 5: What what is ka? Because you see yourself, you see Gaile and Meek.
Speaker 1: We're gonna talk about making a little bit in his reform and what he's trying to do to reform a prison reform and and guy's in probation.
Speaker 5: Talked to Wallow what is what is Kay Hart?
Speaker 1: To see his story, to see where he came from Philly, just like you a Philly kid.
Speaker 3: No, you gotta understand me and Kevin Hart from the same neighborhood. Really just Kevin Hart used to live above a guy that was in my rap group ad Lava Major Figures, So he lived on the bottom floor and keV lived above them. Wow, like Kevin is from me, from the same neighborhood. So to see him make it out and I make it out, and meet make it out and Freeway make it out. And man coming from Philly, Man, that shit is rough. You gotta understand. I got five main homies, all of us been shot. Think about that. It's like a surprise when you haven't been shot in Philly. It's like, oh, you haven't been shot, you lucky man. So when you come up in a rough environment like that, two years ago we had damn near seven hundred murders, think about that. Wow, that's two dying a day during gun violence. Imagine how many people is getting shot because most people that get shot don't die. Imagine how many people is getting shot in Philadelphia. So when you able to come about there in the type of environment and make something out of yourself when the whole everything is against you to fail. I gotta be proud of keV I gotta be proud of me. I gotta be proud of certain individuals because it's like pro you special. You're one of the ones God wrapped his arms around me. You know how many people in Philadelphia will cut their finger off to be in Kevin Hart position, to be in my position, to be in Wallow position, Meet Midle position, Freeway position, and a few others. Jill Scott Eve, you know, cool boy.
Speaker 2: So when you come about those gutters, man is rough man.
Speaker 3: If you can make anything out of yourself, you always got to applaud that.
Speaker 1: Shit you mentioned Meet and you watch you see Meet with freestyle in the Philly streets. And now he's one of the biggest rappers in the game. And he's trying to do a lot with his life. Learned a lot, been through a lot. You see he's trying to do with prison reform and probation and parole. What's it been like, like you said, to see guys that come from the environment in which I came from.
Speaker 5: And I know what it's like because I lived in that jungle.
Speaker 1: I lived that environment and to make it out and to make something. What's it like to see people that grew up in a very similar situation as Gilly and to be where they are now.
Speaker 3: You got understand, I'm at Meek when he was probably like eighteen years old and we've been cool ever since then. So to understand to what's most impressive is the growth. You know what I mean? Because you've seen a kid that just had wrong talent. He didn't give up about nothing but rappit. If Gilly ain't got the studio, meet one of be in there, because they all came to a studio that I named that me and my partner developed called the bat Cave. Okay, and it was good because you can go right to the back cave. You could record your songs, rug, mix you down, and send your shit right to the radio right there. So when I see me coming, he rawl and he the one thing that that kid had that a lot other people didn't have. He had real hustle. He wanted that shit, so it would be like rug whatever time Gilly don't got, because Gilly books the studio while two months no, I want to body coming through there. From twelve o'clock in the morning, in the afternoon, at twelve o'clock at night, Mick would say, Okay, I want to come in there from twelve o'clock at night to eight in the morning. Wow, it would really be hustling like that. So that's the reason why he's in the space that he's in. That's the reason why when you look up, he got all the cars, he got the mansions out of ben thee three of his mansions, he got the he's really doing shit at an elite level because his hustle is at an elite level.
Speaker 1: What are your thoughts when you see all the hate that he receives on social media? You see someone that came, like you mentioned, came from the environment which he came from having the success, the success that he's had trying to do things for our community, and it seems like our community body men.
Speaker 3: The black always put she see I'm the og So anytime Googley will tell you, anytime they going through, I'm the one that reach out and I'm the one that push it into perspective for you because I'm older, so I've seen a lot more life and I've been through a lot more shit, So I'm able to push it to a perspective for you, and I say, you're listening in the Instagram meet or are you listening to that twenty two thousand people? You just performed it? Because I just seen you perform in front of twenty two thousand people and they was damn near falling out the raptors, So obviously they not the best on Instagram talking shit. It's easy to talk shit on Instagram. You could be a sixteen year old kid in Nova Scotia. Shay Shay, you ain't shit you. It's easy to talk shit on Instagram. For me, I've never seen somebody's post and been enthused to talk shit to somebody because my life is doing good. If I got a negative comment about you, it's just in my mind. Man, I'm a crazy man. But for me to actually type that shit on Instagram, that's letting me know that life got you on the button Necker Russian head lock. It's kicking your ass because I don't think about if I thought something negative. It's just funny to me. Yo, man, I'm a funny man. You be crazy, man. I'm not typing that on Instagram because you don't or a person don't concern me enough that I would take time to write a negative something about somebody on social media. That's taking too much time out of my life. I got real ship going on. I have an energy drink that's the official sports drink of the Philadelphia seventy six ers in the Chicago sky PERREI few hold away, I'll.
Speaker 2: Break dance on your tongue.
Speaker 3: You know you know what I mean. So for me, I got too much shit going on to concern myself with writing a negative comment about somebody. You know what I mean. It's it's just not in my I don't understand that.
Speaker 1: Jay Z tried to sign you, and you try to tie you and your group off with your twelve point What are points in the rat How.
Speaker 3: Do you know about this ship? Number one? Who you have some you got some good?
Speaker 1: We gotta look here. If you you know this, yes, you put a team together. If you can't trust your team implicitly, you need to get a new team.
Speaker 3: Absolutely absolute point. It's like you know when you when you how many records you sell, how much money you're gonna get on the back end residual.
Speaker 1: Or it's not like the point you're not gonna get against Brannie, Right, Okay, you was here point.
Speaker 3: So so back in the day, Hove tried to sign my group major figures. It wasn't just Over, it was Dame Dash, it was Rocketfella. You know. I didn't feel as though that the contract was right, so I didn't accept it, you know what I mean. Yes, I did a solo deal with Tony Draper and swave House is a great friend to this day. Two other artists that was on major figures, Dutchy Spade, they went over the Entertainment Another artist that was on major figures.
Speaker 2: At LoVa, he went over to Doctor Dre.
Speaker 3: So we kind of had this Optimus prom thing going on where everybody could go get their own money on a solo thing. Then we're gonna do the group together. Jay and Dame came back with the offer. I didn't like the offer. I thought it was a slave deal. I thought we would have to sell a catrillion records to make some money. So I turned it down. And that was the situation.
Speaker 5: But what transpired after.
Speaker 3: That, I mean some things, you know, some things were said about making it difficult for you know, for.
Speaker 1: For you there to be in this game, you know, But does that happen a lot. If you were a fus side with someone, it's like, Okay, you're done. You're you're not gonna work in innustry.
Speaker 3: That happens a lot in this game, you know, especially to a young kid that got talent that's younger naive. You're like, man, what do you mean You're gonna make it difficult? I believe in God niggas shut up, but about the reality of it is is that they can make it difficult for you. You got to understand. Waler used to be Walla was in jail, right, and he used to call home and I used to say, because they blackballing me man, And I didn't know that he thought that I was full of shit until he came home. And then we would bump into people and they would tell us, like now Gilly was on the list that like, you got to understand shout out the spher sounds.
Speaker 2: You gotta understand.
Speaker 3: I did a because I was talented. People didn't want to block me, so he brought me up to MTV. Did a.
Speaker 2: I was on MTV.
Speaker 3: I did an interview on MTV and the interview was so powerful that they got a call from Universal said you'll never get an exclusive again. Wow, if you interview me, I'm just a kid just trying to get on. You gotta understand. I'm in a car. I'm on my way to fifty cent house because fifty cent went to sign me.
Speaker 2: Shout out to fifty you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: And Uh, I'm in a truck with Cosmic keV shout out the biggest DJ from Philadelphia and he calls DJ called and uh, he says, man, Gilly got this record that's move and how it says here, Gilly, I see the record is moving the old you know, always fake shit and then says, are you still beefing with Little Wayne? Though I said, what does they have to do with you? Man? First of all, Wayne diss me. Right, anybody I ever had an issue with they started this shit. I never start nothing. I mind my business. Anybody know Gilly sit around, he smoking weedy work, he doers work, and he mind his business. Anybody I ever had an issue withever they started this ship with me. It's just that I'm ultra aggressive. So then when I come back, it's like, damn, that was crazy. Like no, if I'm getting in the ring with you, bro, I'm not throwing jabs. I'm throwing jabs and hooks and up because I'm trying to get you out of here right. So for me, there's always just been I mind my business with me. Then you did would come with that, you know what I mean. But back when I was speaking on because you got me off, just got damn con yac.
Speaker 5: It kind of fresh, your good smooth.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're gonna We're gonna see you with a bottles. Let you celebrate them smooth through my thought process. Get you with that ship. Yeah, man, shout out to this stuff. Man shaved by Laportier shaved by to take something. It's a bsop to drinks like an x soll and.
Speaker 2: The ship smooth too.
Speaker 3: You sneak up on you, fucking run up on you like a bank robber.
Speaker 5: So Jay signed, he signed h State Property instead of you.
Speaker 3: Yes, they well they had once and got the deal and then we didn't sign the deal, so they had to deal when on around. So they put some guys together from Philly. It made it happen and shout out to State Property all of them. It's my guys.
Speaker 1: When you signed with Suave House Records, did you have to move to Houston, nah.
Speaker 3: Nah and shout out to Tony Draper, the really CEO that I ever met.
Speaker 2: In the game.
Speaker 3: You know, I went down there and uh, you know, Drake was the first person that showed me that this rap shit was real.
Speaker 5: Drake Drake.
Speaker 3: Oh Drake. Okay, Okay, Tony Drake, because I got this Houston, and you know, he set me up nice. He had the car picked me up from the airport and I get to his house and the gates opening. Oh oh, he got all the cards. Line we're talking about vipers would zip up windows and yeah here, I'm straight from North Philly. I'm like, what the the Bens and the Rover and the Viper and the Bentley and and then he come out and it's glowing like I don't know if the was doing skinned regiments back then, the nigga was glowing so but it's nineteen. He looked like he was he was floating to him like that's what Black Excellence looked like. You know what I mean. Yes, he's like, come on in and the fish tank, built a wall houses of maculate. This looked like maids clean as every hour, and you know, and then he took me over to the studio house. It's another Maculin And it was just like, oh shit, you know what I mean, you can really make money from this show. Okay, you know what I'm because I didn't grow up a rapper. I didn't even have cable TV growing up. I never seen no rap videos. I had one dream to go to the NBA. That's it. I started rapping in college, playing around. We just used to smoke some weed. My man he had a little radio, had a mic, he plays some beats. We say anything, we busting out laughing. Then one day we was like, we're gonna write something. I wrote a rap. We came back, I recorded it. They never They was like, yo, you never thought about rapping. I'm saying. I'm saying shit like this, misstop playing. I ain't another ass rapping man. Fuck as you're talking about me, and stop playing man. Because I didn't look at rapping as being a cool thing. I just looked at it as just some funthing to do. Right. And then when I come home that summer, that's when the robbery happened. That's when I get kicked out of college. And that one rap that I had was better than anybody that I came across who had a thousand raps. Wow, my one rap was better than any rap that they could. You gotta understand. I had four songs out. The fourth song I ever made was number one on the Countdown on Power ninety nine in Philadelphia, the biggest radio station.
Speaker 9: So they're like the number two song, Destiny's Child, and then they're like number one and I got I got a bidding war between every record label, Death, Champ, Priority, Allenic.
Speaker 3: Tony Draper didn't come on to the end, and I might got twelve raps, literally like, I went to the studio. The song was called Love for Gilly. I went to the studio and I was like, what I'm gonna rap about? And the guy was like, Marcus Graham, who is my manager at the time, said well, he wasn't really my manager because he just was somebody that was just rolling what he said, make a song about what you got loved for, make a song about what you don't got love for. And I was like, Okay, that's cool. This is nineteen ninety six and I just wanted a studio and I'm like, I got love for Thug and Thug, Missus, Marijuana, Smoke, Mo Pappas and don Zippers drug dealers, credit card counterfeit us, locked up in all of my broke. I got love for wild parties and wild bodies, sweaters by money, kill us like John Gotti, bad women in short dressers with huge bresses, the buggy yard bens with the triple headresses. It's my time to shine. You know I'm going blind. And Gilly got loved for other baby moms. And what if heating on little Gilly was a crime. It be no men left here. They all get the death chair in the top three. But I might be the best head low Rugby Timberlin's in My Guests where this is nineteen ninety six. I don't even know how to rap. Put it, motherfucker, said, said, Go in the booth and write a song about what you got loved for and what you don't got loved for. Okay, that's easy. I know what I got loved for what I don't got love for, and then that song is number one on account. So when you got there was a ball MJG. You Rockey boy, MJG. Was there, Ross was there? Ain't was tough line at the time, Yes, damn.
Speaker 1: Then you signed with cash money, got in the band for two a k right, yep, but you never released a song.
Speaker 3: Why Because this is how I got signed with Cash Money. It was a show at the First at the First Union side. I think it's called the Wells Fargan right, and I was supposed to perform. Rockefeller was performing at the time. Me and Beanie and Rockefeller, Beanie Siegel are clicking his click at went through something, so Rockefeller made the call and got it meet off the off the show. Baby heard about that and was coming a few weeks later and put me on the Cash Money Show.
Speaker 2: When I came out, they watching.
Speaker 3: When I'm walking off the stage, Baby say say, bruh, if you want to come to Cash Money, I got ask for your brother. At the time, I was in a contract. I was still was in a contract with Tony Draper. But Tony Draper, like I said, he was like my brother. He was like a old debreak.
Speaker 2: Gave me the game.
Speaker 3: So I called him. I said, yo, man, I'm trying to do this, go on this one, and he said all right. If that's the situation. He was in breach of contract, so I could have just left right, but he was so real to me that I said, you know what this is what I'm gonna do. I know how bad they want me, I'm gonna get them to pay you as well as give me an advance to get me out of the deal. And that's what happened. So then they wanted me, so they re up and did the deal. After we did the deal, they wanted my publishing. But the number they was trying to get me for my publishing and the number that I was asking for it was two different things.
Speaker 2: So they never was able.
Speaker 3: But to get my publishing, we talking about a record label that owned everything.
Speaker 5: So he was like, nah, I can't do that.
Speaker 3: No, And so if they got everybody else's publishing on the label, and it's like I'm coming in. I'm from Philly. Now you can't get my unpublishing. So it's like, Okay, put him on the back bone. He gonna break, but I'm not gonna break.
Speaker 5: So what is publishing? That means you own? Yes, so you own the record for yeah?
Speaker 3: If so, if you write a record, you get a percentage of the record. Okay, if you don't own a publishing, you don't get no percentage of the record. So if this record plays for twenty years, thirty years, they make money for thirty years and you get none nothing. So they didn't want you to have anything. They didn't want you to have.
Speaker 5: The publishing.
Speaker 1: They wanted you to give up your entire right to the publishing nothing. Yeah, yeah, you did it right, You did it right by that? What what what have you learned or what did you learn or how have you learned about the music industry?
Speaker 3: I learned that all of that ship is fake, really, yes, all of it. That's why I don't go to no parties because all of it is fake. All of it is a bunch of fluff. All this is a bunch of drunks lying to each other. Now we're gonna get together Maine. Yeah, baby, I ain't got your number. Shut up. You ain't got to lie to me no more. I'm rich. Matter of fact, I'm tracking you now and I might buy a bastards. You ain't got to lie to me no more. I don't see. You got to understand. I'm this mother, right. They call us right, they say, Gilly, we want to invite you to the Rock Nation runch. I'm the nigga that said why would I want to come? Why wouldn't you want to come? I said, you want me to keep it real with you. You want me to lie to you?
Speaker 5: Keep it a buck?
Speaker 3: I said, the Rock Nation brunch ain't of nothing but jay Z putting a bunch of on the lawn and then going in the back door and saying, I told you I still run this shit.
Speaker 2: Give me the money.
Speaker 3: Wow, you think I'm letting it use my brand? Huh? See rich like does yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah, see you that I got.
Speaker 3: This shit from Rustle in the night. But I'll be seeing the rich shit like this. You know they get a little money. These cross their legs and shit. That's all this is, man. Let's keep it real. I got I work, I beree with twenty six mejor brands. You think I don't know what branding is. Come on, we don't work from New Hampshondam Vodka, Manscape, Harriet Raizors, Romance Swipes, you name them. They come to million dollars worth a game because we move a needle. I don't let nobody allow to use my brand with their brand. What do you get from going to these parties except for a picture. I don't even smile with you if you ain't worth five hundred million or more. Let's be for real. Don'tly smiling. They do us when the billionaires in the picture. Look at all these broke ASDs on the low. Mo, man, I ain't with none of that shit. I don't want to party with you. I built a weight for myself. I made a way for myself. I made my own way, me and God man. So I don't want to kick it with you. I don't want to do nothing. I want to stay in my own world, smoke my weed and make my content and keep kicking your glasses. That's what I like to do.
Speaker 5: The beef with you and hand with Wayne? How did that come to bout it?
Speaker 3: It was never no beef. It was just a misunderstanding. He disrespected me on the record. I responded, that was all. I got a lot of love for Wayne. Shout out to him. Man, y'all cool now, Yeah, I'm cool with everybody.
Speaker 5: Don't seem like you're cool with everybody.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I don't have no issues with anybody. I just I'm forty eight years old. I ain't got now, I ain't got time for the dumb shit, and I ain't got time for trying to trick a nigga out of position to make your brain look good. Okay, forty eight years old, Man, I got I got, I got kids that graduated college. Man, were trying to do great things. Man, I ain't I got grandkids.
Speaker 1: Man, that's the second time in three days I heard somebody say that. Masterpiece said that on our live show the other night. He said, Man, you gotta be careful because people are trying to trick you out of your position.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, so, I don't want to come kick it with nobody. I like to stay in my world because I understand one thing. Who seven years back one trying to kick it with me. Come on, mane now I developed the lane. God said, you never gave up. These had you doing security at ross right now point. So the irregular polo ts you never gave up. Now understand that all the money for years, guess what they is burnt the out. I gotta recharge your fresh pack of six pack of deep batteries in my back. I'm gonna run these in the you me yes, in the whole. And I told you before, I'm coming to buy a couple of year masters.
Speaker 5: You ain't gonna do it like that craziest ship.
Speaker 3: I'm coming to. They're gonna get paid, But my family gonna eat off you for the rest of your existence and even when you ain't even here. That's my goal in life. It's too I gotta buy their masters. You're gonna do you feel some type of way? Huh No, they gonna get a shipload of money, but they want to own your life for the forever. I don't want your kids to eat off this ship. I want my kids to eat off this ship because you didn't want to see me. So it's even exchange. He ain't no robber. You're getting a shipload of money. Man, I'll do some Michael Jackson, say, how what you want for that shit? Off of them?
Speaker 2: Ten more million than what he won?
Speaker 3: Wow, get the masters.
Speaker 5: Let me ask your question.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the cash money model, the bird Man, I mean he had them all. Yes, I mean he had the rap game. There was a stretch for about a decade. Yes, he cornered the market.
Speaker 3: Let me tell you what I admire about bird Man, and everybody know, I don't really with him like that, but I'm real his hustle, Okay, I ain't no gonna un hustle. He gonna hustle. See that's the that's what That's what people don't understand. They think, Oh, you got to be the smartest person here. You gotta head. No, you gotta do is hustle. And when God think that door show open for you, gonna open it for you. Right, So nobody is you gotta understand. I wasn't around cash money for four years. Man. We used to wait up, go to the studio, hustle all day, leave, go to the club, leave the club at two o'clock and go back to the studio and be there at eight in the morning, and then wake up at one and we right back in the studio. So the one thing I did understand from cash money, and I did learn from cash money is that you got to hustle different if you really want to win out here.
Speaker 5: So if you want to be different, you got to hustle them.
Speaker 3: Absolutely. But what to ask you this, gilly? You can help me, because why is it that all?
Speaker 1: But when when you get money, people always think you did something seed where you the illuminati or you you? You you are what the gatekeeping? Oh here's an overnight success. But nobody sees, nobody cares to know the grind or see the grind. All they see is the success and think and think it happened overnight, And I get that. I get upset because, like, hold on, what about the ten years I was on CDs? What about the seven years I was on Fox?
Speaker 5: So how's that? If that's seventeen years, how's it overnight?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 1: What you see is overnight. I saw the seventeen year grind.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, and that's how it is for me. You got to understand what million dollars worth of game I was giving out me? And I was worth a game in twenty twelve, while those didn't come home to twenty seventeen. So every day I would wake up and get a youth game. Let me give y'all, and I was worth a game even when it was the videos was fifteen seconds. I would give them something they could hold on to.
Speaker 1: You'll give a million dollar of a game when it's only five dollars, right, Why did you come up with that name?
Speaker 5: Me and all with a game?
Speaker 3: Well? Always that was always one of my sayings, Like it's a video of me Meek in a black de Niro in the studio in two thousand and nine, and I said, I give to me, and I was worth a game for free. Y'all, Just don't be listening I got an album called Million Dollars Worth a game that I dropped in twenty fifteen. So that's always been one of my sayings because I always felt like I'd be given the game and they don't be listening, you know what I mean. And so when I decided to get a youth game, I said, man, let me give them some game, whereas though they could it's rolling that cup, but they'd be able to digest it. Right.
Speaker 1: This concludes the first half of my conversation. Part two is also posted and you can access it to whichever podcast platform you just listen to Part one on. Just simply go back to Club Shay profile and I'll see you there.