Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, Podcasts, Radio News.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 1: I'm Carol Messer along with Tim Stanevik. Let's get though to some particular stocks on the move with us as Bloomberg News process A reporter Danitza Sokova. Meta gotta talk about Meta.
Speaker 3: It is just soaring.
Speaker 1: It's unbelievable.
Speaker 4: It's incredible. Gainsurfading, but definitely Meta is holding. Of course, the degree is m ETA.
Speaker 3: It's some nearly twelve percent. We saw so many of the names that were up.
Speaker 4: Kind of felt a lot of pressure, but Metal is still soaring it Chris expectations, of course, is coming off the earnings report. There was so much excitement. There were so many upgrades. I cannot even keep up with the numbers. We have JP Morgan, we have AGESBC and we're not talking about like a small price target of grade like HSBC upgraded from six hundred and ten dollars to nine hundred, So things are moving very fast. Obviously, you had good reports from Microsoft. It hit four tritium first for some time, so incredible incredible optimism there. Of course, all those big tech companies, including Meta, including Microsoft, they're relying on their legacy businesses to fund their pursuits of AI, and that's paying off, but also operating margins rows to forty three percent in Meta.
Speaker 3: So we're seeing some profitability.
Speaker 4: It's not just about AI spending, and it's paying off. The companies up thirty three percent year today. Incredible, right, it's unbelievable.
Speaker 1: Rosenblat Security is I looked at some of the what the analyst price targets were. Rosenblood Security has the street high according to Bloomberg Data of one thousand eighty six dollars a share, and Meta right now at around seven seven seven a share.
Speaker 3: It's just off and running, off and running.
Speaker 5: It looks like investors at this point areding the increase in spend on capex, the paying big money for that AI talent, and then also all the investments that they're making in AI, even though, as man Deep Sing of Bloomberg Intelligence has explained, we're still not necessarily seeing the results of that spend at this point.
Speaker 3: For sure, it's just the beginning, but they're happy to pay up.
Speaker 1: I would really a shameless plug, I can be like Matt Miller, I would highly recommend everybody check out our podcast feed and some of the conversations we had with Mandep yesterday after the earnings, and then of course in today's trade, because really killer, what's really interesting is the number one gainer in the S and P five hundred is not Meta, it's eBay.
Speaker 3: Talk to us about eBay. Ticker, of course is the company's name.
Speaker 4: Yeah, obviously company with a much smaller scale, but a very important one showing us a lot about what's happening with consumers.
Speaker 3: Shares jumped nineteen percent.
Speaker 4: The company projected sales that top analyst estimates. If we look at the second quarter profit, pretty good number. There was one door thirty seven a share, which is seven cents the more the treat expected. We're seeing some optimism for consumer resilience all The one metric that did particularly well was the sale of used and refurbished goods, which you can argue that it is not necessarily the healthy assigns for consumer.
Speaker 3: Clearly there is some caution there.
Speaker 4: Purchasing power from US consumers grew and helped offset demand from European market, so clearly maybe the US consumer is a little bit stronger than when we're seeing overseas. When we look at the stock, it has gained more than forty percent this year.
Speaker 3: Just incredible rally. Yeah, it keeps going. Yeah, it's pretty incredible.
Speaker 5: I like the sort of macroeconomic look there and maybe using it as an indicator. Okay, finally, Shakeshack, let's talk burgers.
Speaker 3: That's probably the opposite economic. It's again the consumer. But we saw shake shackslum fourteen percent.
Speaker 4: It forked us a third quarter revenue that failblo expectation, and we're talking about inflation and we're talking about diners. The ticker, of course is Shak. The company has pledged rump up. Piece of new product launches. We have some interesting one wach Fried pickles. I don't know how bullish I am on that. But they also have a Dubai chocolate shake which was very popular.
Speaker 3: That said, that's.
Speaker 1: Buy chocolate is everywhere.
Speaker 3: It's so big. It's not the world trade. It's oh my god.
Speaker 1: There's a BusinessWeek story on it. You should check it out. Do you buy chocolate?
Speaker 3: I'd like to eat some chocolate next time?
Speaker 1: Yeah, next time.
Speaker 3: Sorry, sacud prices are going to continue.
Speaker 1: Sorry.
Speaker 3: The company said that its effort our showing promise.
Speaker 4: They're trying to keep lists on costs, but clearly that's not enough to lift sentiment.
Speaker 3: One metric that clearly is weighing it.
Speaker 4: Sales at established restaurant climb less than what Alice are respecting.
Speaker 3: Shake Check is down five percent.
Speaker 2: Here today the Stock Mover's report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.