Speaker 1: Did you say you died for like a second?
Speaker 2: I would say I died for like a second four times. I'm trying to be good about like living towards my discomfort because I think that's the way you grow as a person.
Speaker 1: And it has resulted and you dying. Steve. Well, Hello, how are you?
Speaker 3: Steve?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Right, pull of corn bread?
Speaker 1: You said you're eating some corn bread.
Speaker 3: Yeah, some corn bread.
Speaker 1: It's just corn bread. Or are there any like meats going along with that or simply the side of corn bread?
Speaker 2: It is straight up corn bread with corn in it.
Speaker 1: There's corn in the corn bread.
Speaker 2: There's corn in the corn bread.
Speaker 1: Yet I feel like corn bread doesn't typically have corn in it.
Speaker 2: I mean I just like corn, I guess. And that's been a moisture so it's not as dry.
Speaker 3: Really, Yeah, trying to get great.
Speaker 2: It's like a Jiffy box, like one of those sixty cent boxes.
Speaker 1: Steve It says here, you want to talk about a near death experience that you had recently.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I passed out while I was free diving and my heart stopped four times.
Speaker 4: Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: While you were free diving, so like diving into like into a pool.
Speaker 2: I was at a spring.
Speaker 1: Mm hm m hm uh. And is free diving in activity that you regularly do.
Speaker 2: I had been doing it for probably like four months, so I was just starting out.
Speaker 1: Mhmm. What made you want to get into free diving in the first place.
Speaker 2: Well, it was kind of a way you confront a fear. I'm extremely afraid of drownings. I wanted to learn how to confront that by getting better at holding my breath and something underwater.
Speaker 1: I like that. Are you a guy who typically if something if you have a problem or something like that going on, you like to confront it head on?
Speaker 2: I used I used to not be, but now I am. I'm trying to be good about like living towards my discomfort because I think that's the way you grow as a person.
Speaker 1: I like that. I like that you did that and it has resulted and you dying. It sounds like did you did you say you died for like a second?
Speaker 2: I would say I died for like a second four times?
Speaker 1: So how high up were you when you were diving into the spring?
Speaker 2: How high up was I?
Speaker 3: What do you mean? Well?
Speaker 1: You you would you use a high dive right or free dive?
Speaker 2: You said, yeah, you're just going underwater.
Speaker 4: So I was at like, oh, oh okay.
Speaker 1: All right, so it's like you put on like scuba gear and shit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I think you're just holding your breath. There's there's no gear involved.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, so it was deep sea diving, but just at the spring. Yeah, you holding your breath. How long were you into.
Speaker 3: The water for you, around thirty seconds.
Speaker 1: It's a long time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I thought it wasn't, but it is a long time.
Speaker 1: Were you alone? Did you have people around you who would like be there in case if any safety mishaps happened?
Speaker 2: Well, see that's the thing. I was being really really stupid and I was alone, and also didn't tell anyone.
Speaker 3: Where I was.
Speaker 1: You were completely alone.
Speaker 2: I mean there were just by standards around the spring, but yeah.
Speaker 3: I was alone.
Speaker 1: So give me a play by a play here of what happens.
Speaker 2: So I don't actually remember exactly what happened, so everything I know is from what the bystanders told us later. Basically, I did a dive and came up and it looked like I was in trouble. Then I passed out and started to think. Some guy pulled me out and pulled me to shore and They checked for a pulse and I didn't have any, so they started CPR, got my heart started. They turned me on my side to make sure there was no water in my lungs, and there wasn't, and then they brought over an AED, one of those like electronic defibrillators, and it shocked me three times until I was finally breathing on my own again, and then an ambulance came it took me to the hospital.
Speaker 1: So I'm very interested in this because you've established, even before this happened, that you went through some transitional period where you were not a guy who liked to sort of seize the day, take life head on. But you became that guy. And an experience like this, a near death experience, this is the kind of thing that sets people off, you would think, into wanting to make more of their lives. But you were already on that kick. So I'm wondering, Yeah, how did this accident further contribute to this life kick that you were on? I'm going to start taking things head on.
Speaker 2: It kind of made me realize I was taking things a bit too head on, Like I was trying to seize the day a bit too much, and realizing the risk and kind of ignoring it and doing things that I knew better that I shouldn't do.
Speaker 1: M So, how long ago did this happen?
Speaker 2: This happened last October, So this is five months ago?
Speaker 1: Okay? And uh in this in these past five months, have you been doing anything, uh that you would that you would consider to be in the category of seize the day activities?
Speaker 2: Well, I've been going through extensive testing of my heart, so I haven't really had the ability to, but I don't think I would want to if I could.
Speaker 1: Where do your thoughts lie surrounding life in general at this point?
Speaker 2: Well, after this, I feel a lot more comfortable about death, if that makes any sense at all, because for me, death was like a light switch, Like I don't remember the entire experience of you know, passing out, Like the last thing I remember is standing on a ledge getting ready to do my last dive, and then like the next day in the hospital, I started to come to and realize where I was.
Speaker 1: So you've gotten more comfortable with the idea of dying.
Speaker 2: Death in general. I think I'm still afraid of like the process of dying. But since I was not even able to you know realize I was dying. It was really kind of peaceful for me, not for anyone around me, especially you know, my family, but for me, it was kind of comforting to know that, you know, you're just gone and that's it.
Speaker 1: Right, because you didn't have much time to freak out about it or even think about it just happened.
Speaker 2: Yeah, It's an interesting situation where everything I know about that sort of experience I've had to learn through the trauma of my family.
Speaker 3: How so.
Speaker 2: Well, that whole day of realizing what happened, I had to learn through what my mother and father said and what my girlfriend said about the situation and what they went through. Since you know, it's I'd have no concept of anything that happened in that entire.
Speaker 1: Day, right, And while in a weird way it was a little peaceful for you, it must have been very stressful for your family.
Speaker 2: Yeah, especially my girlfriend. I arrived at the hospital as a John Doe. They couldn't identify me. And my girlfriend is a medical student, so she in her program, rotates through a bunch of the hospital sites around the area, and she happens to be at that hospital in that department and walked in and saw me and basically was like, what the fuck are you doing here?
Speaker 1: Really, she just happened upawn you at So she was at the hospital before she even knew that you were there. She just walked in on you. She's just doing her medical school rounds and then just walks in on her boyfriends. It like almost dead in one of the rooms.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so's she's an X ray student. So her team got an order for a John Doe suspected drowning with syncope. She said at the time that she walked by and it was a huge commotion with people and then she said, you know, well I'll come back later, and when she did, she realized it was me and said she couldn't really believe it.
Speaker 1: That's fucking crazy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a little terrifying that first, you know, I want to say, like six or so hours, like all I could answer any question was with my name, so like I didn't even recognize who she was. And as soon as she told the doctors that she knew who I was, you know, they start pouncing on her for any bit of information that she can be they can get from her. And it was a bad time.
Speaker 1: And oh man, that's uh, that's very wild. I mean, I mean, yeah, what would you even what would have even happened? Like I'm trying to think of, like how they would even know to if you're in a place where you're not in the right mind to provide any information about yourself. Like how long would it have been before your family would even have known that there was anything going on? If they weren't able to identify.
Speaker 2: It would have been my girlfriend getting home and me not showing me out that day and them trying to figure out where the hell I was.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, man, how long were you up for where you didn't you weren't able to provide any information about yourself?
Speaker 2: I want to say, like the rest of that day, I want to I arrived at the hospital around like just after noon after noon or so, and for the rest of that day, like it was just slowly working to get back whatever cognitive function I could. And it's a miracle that I had cognitive function at all and didn't have any sort of like brain injury from the lack of oxygen or any sort of other injuries.
Speaker 1: And where are you now after five months? Are you pretty close to where you were before the accident?
Speaker 2: Pretty much? Yeah, all of the testing on my heart came back totally normal. At this point, my doctors think that my heart stopping didn't happen first. It was probably a result of what I was doing that day. And about three weeks ago I had a monitoring implant put in so that it records my heart constantly and see if we find anything weird over three years or so.
Speaker 3: Hm.
Speaker 1: Oh, so you're gonna be monitored for the next three years to see if anything's uh going on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's it's constantly recording, and I have a little button that I can press if I feel symptoms or anything that makes a mark so that they can see what's going on at that time. But yeah, the battery of the device last three years. Yeah, like a little bit.
Speaker 1: Aware, like a life alert type of thing, like a little keychain. If your heart does something weird, just press a button.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: It's not like something I wear or anything, but it's on my keychain.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Does it look cool?
Speaker 2: I wouldn't say it looks cool?
Speaker 1: Now, can you like make it look cool?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 1: I can get like a like a Star Wars credit card and shit like that, Like can you customize it?
Speaker 2: I don't know, I like a like a game Boy case so I can paint over or something like that. I haven't thought of that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm like that. I mean that would be kind of sick.
Speaker 2: That would be kind of sick. I should look into.
Speaker 1: That before we go. Steve, any final thoughts about any of this, any final epiphanies that you would like to share from this whole this whole thing. I mean, this is interesting again because it sounded like you were on this yolo kick beforehand, and then you had the near death experience, and the near death experience is typically what drives people into the yolo kick, but since you are already on, it acted like this like Uno reverse card to THEO, and you were like, and now you're in a position where you're like, all right, you should like calm the fuck down because going yolo mode got me a little too in deep. But also that said, there's ways to go yolo without necessarily doing like going skydiving and free die. There's the ways to do it. It's not like you know, extreme sports and ship.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I think the biggest thing that I realize, and the most important thing that I realized, was that, you know, I have to think about how my actions affect my family more because it really was a situation where I was going too hard and thinking really about how I can make myself feel good and experience my life to the fullest, but not understanding the repercussions of how that might affect, you know, my family and especially my girlfriend. You know, I care about her opinion just as much as I do mine now, so I need to be more conscientious of the things that I do if I want to continue having a good relationship with her.
Speaker 1: Steve, thank you very much for sharing your story with us. Is very informative.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 2: Thanks for talking. Don't free dive alone, don't swim alone, because that shit's bad.
Speaker 1: Thank you for calling Steve.
Speaker 3: Appreciate you.
Speaker 4: I have a good night, huh.
Speaker 1: Yolo mode can have an adverse effect on the people that we care about. I'm the you know what, Steve, Steve really is speaking to me on that. Steve really is speaking to me on that. I've been in a little bit of a yolo mode thing, been thinking about death, been thinking about the limited amount of time we have here on this earth, and it's to put me into a little bit of a yolo mode. And I don't know, this is not me giving a definitive statement on these sorts of things. But I feel like I can see how that how yolo mode can be a little bit selfish, right, you know, like, like my yolo mode is telling me I need to abandon all of my friends and family and everything I'm doing and just travel the world, stay alone, you know, stay in hostels, go to Berlin, hang out in a dungeon and get like a new phone or whatever, and you know, delete my stupid Instagram and and just you'll go off the grid. That's my yolo mode is, you know, tells me. But Steve has a good point. My mom would want to call me, you know, my friends would want to know that I'm alive and shit. So he's got a good point. He's given me a lot to think about, for sure. Ellie.
Speaker 5: Hello, Well this is her.
Speaker 1: Ellie. Uh, how is life going for you?
Speaker 6: It's going well?
Speaker 1: Why is it going well?
Speaker 5: Can you hear me?
Speaker 6: Why is it going well?
Speaker 5: I'm a bridal seamstress as of right now, and I'm really happy where I'm at.
Speaker 1: Uh, you're a bridal seamstress.
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I Taylor wedding dresses and I also make wedding dresses, says.
Speaker 1: Here that you are a dominatrix and that you orchestrated recently a nine person orgy. Is that correct?
Speaker 5: H that is correct.
Speaker 6: That was something I was.
Speaker 5: I was a dominant trick for a little bit. I'm not anymore. And then it just led me to that nine perc from a sub that I was dumping.
Speaker 1: And you were doing that for about two months. What got you into? What got you into? Hobby? I call it hobby?
Speaker 6: Ye, it technically is.
Speaker 1: Some people build model airplanes, some people play golf, some people sexually dominant.
Speaker 5: Well, I just wanted to venture where I come from.
Speaker 6: Hey, do whatever makes you happy.
Speaker 1: I think whatever makes you happen. All right, I'll stop talking over you now completely.
Speaker 3: Three.
Speaker 1: Two, stop talking over you all right now ready.
Speaker 5: So the main reason why I did it, it's because I come from a very religious background and that was just very taboo to be I guess on the other side, and I wanted to venture out. And I recently at that time, got out a relationship and I was just like, you know, what, fuck it. I kind of like what I'm doing already, and I want to continue out and I at least want to say that I did it, you know, just to have that experience. And that's kind of why I don't really do it now, just because I got what I needed from it. I got what my experience was, and now I'm here and I just know that i'd done it and when I do it again, maybe in the right situation, but more of I already did it. So I'm kind of venturing out into newer things, you know.
Speaker 1: And what was this nine person orgy?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 6: It was very interesting.
Speaker 5: It was from I was writing by my sub and we all got tested before and after, just because you know, that's always healthy. And they were very communicative too, and some of them I'm friends with. But I did sign a confidentiality form because a lot of those people don't want to be known and I respect that.
Speaker 1: A confidentiality Oh you signed like an NDA? Yeah yeah, okay, so we can talk about the experience. We just can't name names. Yeah, not that the names would even be I mean, you know, you touched Katie Anderson's boobs? Like who is that? You know what I'm saying? Like, unless I mean, are these celebrities or like well known people?
Speaker 5: Like oh what, I can't say anything. I can't name the business. I can't name where they're from. I can't name anything about them. All I can name is just I did stuff with them and that was it.
Speaker 1: So in nine person orgy, I feel like, how long did this last?
Speaker 5: It was a whole night, and then I went home at four am, and then I slept for two hours, and then I continued on for my day.
Speaker 1: So a nine person orgy in my mind, I'm like, you know, even with like a threesome, right, it's like, how do you adequately a lot? How do you adequately time between both of the people and in the nine person I mean that's eight people. Do you feel as though you were adequately able to? Now?
Speaker 3: Are you?
Speaker 1: Are you bisexual?
Speaker 5: Am? I am?
Speaker 1: Okay? So you were interacting with every person involved in the orgy.
Speaker 5: Let me put it like this, sure, if one part of me did not have anything, you just kind of search for you know.
Speaker 6: Hey, this space is open, do you want to occupy it? You know it kind of sort of ideal, you know.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, just kind of continue it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, exactly exactly.
Speaker 5: And personally, I know my body well and I know my limits. Maybe not at that time, but at.
Speaker 6: Least for the most part of what I needed to do it.
Speaker 5: But it was a lot of pressure. I did have a lot of anxiety beforehand, but it definitely does help to hang out and like talk to them and especially communication. You know, that's the very most biggest thing. And I feel like that applies to anything when you're doing it, either if it's sexual or not. But I just think it's always important to just be like, hey, this is what I can limit on, or like let's go easy, or it's like they want to say something to me, I'm more than happy to hear it.
Speaker 1: You know now in that nine person or you, what position did you take throughout that night that you found to be the most ambitious?
Speaker 6: Ambitious?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 6: Can I be fully honest here?
Speaker 5: I know I can't.
Speaker 6: I've watched you.
Speaker 5: I'm a huge fan of you, Like I love you more than any other streamer, Like I watch you religiously and I love you and I want to kiss you.
Speaker 6: But anyways, I.
Speaker 1: Mean so so so you've watched the stream you know you can you can be honest tell us.
Speaker 6: What, Yeah, totally. The most that I did was.
Speaker 3: To speak of my cheek.
Speaker 5: The most I did was, you know, two cocks in my ass, one in my vagina. Wall you girl and joking, like jerking off like two other dicks.
Speaker 1: Okay, so I was gonna two other okay, so I was gonna ad was the thing is that I would The thing that I was curious about is how many links are there at once with nine people? So you said you had two in your butt, one in your vagina, and then two in your hands.
Speaker 5: That was all in total, and then.
Speaker 1: Someone in then your mouth is connected as well. Six Yeah, because one, two, three, four five six, So that's so that's six people at what.
Speaker 6: I would not do that again.
Speaker 5: I just want to try it once, just to have that life experience.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm.
Speaker 5: And like, now what's funny is like now, I'm very monogamous, you know, I'm not any type of Polly. I just wanted to experience that. And I would only do it if I was single, which I mean I am now, but I don't feel like doing it right now.
Speaker 1: Six people it's very ambitious, okay. And so then the three other I guess the three other people, where were they at this time? Or were you? Were you not even able to survey the room at that point.
Speaker 5: I don't know why. I just knew what was going on. I couldn't say anything through my eyes because there's a personal top of me.
Speaker 1: But I've always what I was thinking about. I was thinking about this with like a DP or or or OR or TP or QP. It's like, how how was there even that much like space for because the vagina and the buckle are very close to each other, So like, how do those three people even like like because the pianists it's attached to a whole human body, how do you even get three people like that tight enough to accomplish something like that?
Speaker 6: I can frame this for you.
Speaker 5: I can frame this for you. Okay, the one was on the bottom of me. The other one was kind of like at an angle where he was laying on top of that guy with his stick being in my ass, and then the top one being on top of that guy also in my ass.
Speaker 1: So the so the guys were on top of each other.
Speaker 5: It's pretty much we only it literally, Okay, that part was only for like max thirty seconds, just because it's a lot going on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I feel like there's a lot of strain on the body and like the so I feel like you would have to create a bit everyone have to creatively position themselves.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, it's just like, Okay, well let's just try this. It just kind of all formed together and like it was very interesting, didn't last for long just because how.
Speaker 6: Structured it is.
Speaker 5: It's not very well structured, Tino.
Speaker 1: It doesn't sound very It does not sound like a sustainable position whatsoever.
Speaker 5: It's not. It is not. So that's why you do it, you know, mm hmmmmm.
Speaker 1: You do it not so much. It sounds like when you say, you know, you wanted to do this as a life experience, sounds like you weren't in search of like you know, you weren't simply in search of pleasure, you were in search of of adventure in a sense.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's that's exactly how it was.
Speaker 5: Like, I mean, yeah, it sounds really nice, but like, I don't think it would turn me on all the time, just because when you really think about it, that's a lot of prep to go through, a lot of prep, which a lot of people don't understand. And I feel like that's all a lot of people don't understand. If they're not I guess maybe in the industry. I'm not, like, I know what. They go through a lot of prep.
Speaker 6: It's not easy.
Speaker 5: It's not something you just do on the go in a flash.
Speaker 1: You mean you know, And you say, do you mean like prepping of the bodies, stretching of the whole type of thing.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so tell me.
Speaker 5: If there's no my body would be tearing people.
Speaker 1: Do you know what. I'm glad that you told us this because people I feel like don't realize the work that it takes to accomplish show up. Yes, yes, yes, I mean any in any sort of in any sort of group effort, in anything where a heavy amount of teamwork is involved, inherently requires a fair amount communication.
Speaker 5: That's what I'm saying, Either sexual or non sexual. It's oh, it's something you have to communicate with. You can't just jump into it just because it's not realistic. That's not how your body is technically designed to do, you know. But with you know, a good learning, good communication, and a healthy mindset and environment, you'll have a wonderful time.
Speaker 1: So before we go, tell me, I don't think we touched on this yet. But what caught uh what car I burped out was drinking some water? What caused the exit of this lifestyle?
Speaker 6: The exit?
Speaker 5: Yes, mainly because I didn't want like my family to know, because like they're also very conservative and like mainly my mom just because I really care what she thinks, and I hope she does not hear this, because i'd brother her not.
Speaker 6: But yeah, usually I.
Speaker 5: Just kind of exit because I also kind of wanted something more with one person. Now I kind of like realized to myself that, like as much sexual pleasure as this gives me, it doesn't get me in a way that makes me want to stick with it for long, you know, where like when I really get to know and like talk to someone, I know that like all my focus is on them, and I can kind of exert and kind of have that satisfaction of giving that to just one person, And I think that's really special.
Speaker 6: You know, some people like to do that more people, and I think that's even.
Speaker 5: More special if you have the energy and willpower to do that.
Speaker 6: By all means, do what.
Speaker 5: You can with your own self discovery. But it's great, it's great and well, but it is more like self discovery. And I also want to tell you get you have got me through a relationship too. Sometimes when I feel like I am alone and I don't like talking to anybody, I just tune into you and with your talking and understanding is willing to listen. I think that's one of the main things why people like listening to you.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Elie, dude, I really appreciate that. I'm glad to hear that you were able to I'm glad to hear you had the courage to go out there and try something new, and then the courage after that to decide that it wasn't for you and to leave it behind in search of something new. So thank you for sharing all that.
Speaker 5: Everybody should think. Maybe applies to yourself too, you know, as much as wonderfulness as we always want you to be happy, and you know, hey, if you find something on something better than this, don't don't hesitate to jump on it.
Speaker 1: If anyone wants to invite me to a nine person orgy, my dms are open.
Speaker 5: Hey, you can go on my dms.
Speaker 6: Have you two gek, I love you.
Speaker 1: A gorgey gecko orgy nine nine person gecko costume orgy. Who's down? Oh Zach, Yes, what's going on?
Speaker 3: It's me?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I've been waiting close to two hours.
Speaker 1: You've been waiting for close to two hours. Yeah, well here it is what you waited for. It's all me you'll let me start and then you'll get a go. I mean, listen, Zach. It says here that you've been, uh, weighing on your own mortality. I figured, I figured, Yeah, we've had plenty, we've I feel like tonight has been it hasn't been depressing enough, and I'm trying to get at least one depressing call in. So I think that we can we can make it this one.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 4: Well, I've got this really strange concept of death, like it's something that you can fight, like cancer.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 1: Interesting that that there's a.
Speaker 4: Possibility we could full stop or place all of our organs and cut our arms off and then become less reliant on our body system.
Speaker 3: Hm.
Speaker 1: So you have this idea that death is something like a disease where you could theoretically fight against it as opposed to looking at it as a inevitability.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's something that we don't have to do. Y.
Speaker 1: Interesting And how heavily do you believe in this that that if you wanted.
Speaker 4: To, I am a full blooded immortalist transhumanist m hm hm.
Speaker 1: So do you anticipate that you will live forever?
Speaker 7: Ah?
Speaker 4: I sure would like to, even if it's just a ghost of my brain. You know, if my brain gets scanned and then that that image of my brain gets compiled to some other entities, and maybe that in some sense is more immortality.
Speaker 1: So you say that you can fight off death. What are your strategies your methods for fighting off death?
Speaker 4: M hmm, ideally lives fit, eat healthy, swap the keto. Keto is really helpful. It makes you essentially eat your fat cells, which you can create by eating greens and meat. But the whole, the whole thing why I'm calling right, is that is it a waste of time to fight death or is it an inevitability to accept it?
Speaker 1: Well, you tell me that you are a immortalist, you're a transhumanist. Not one hundred percent shore what that means, but I'm going to go with it. It's kind of I can. I can right that you that you believe that you could theoretically attain immortality. Yes, you were about to tell me the definition of transhumanist and I want to hear that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So the I would say, it's for best transhumanist, which is that God exists, but we give it meaning and he doesn't interact in our lives, that at some point something created the universe through thoughtful process. But we're here to die and die and die and keep dying. And there's a certain level of pushing the envelope that humans are meant to push the envelope. We're meant to go into space, We're meant to see other planets. You know, our planet will kill us.
Speaker 1: So you asked me what I think about fighting death versus accepting your mortality. Is that correct?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's a waste of time to fight faith.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm not going to tell you what to believe because you're coming in here like I'm a transhumanist, I'm an immortalitist. I believe that it's possible to fight immortality, and I'm not going to tell you what to believe. You know, if you truly believe that you can fight mortality, I'm not going to tell you that, uh that that that that you're wrong, you know, but if you're if you're asking me, go ahead.
Speaker 4: I saw the show and I saw you, and you seem like you're just kind of here to be here and you exist to exist. So I connected with that.
Speaker 1: It's extremely act.
Speaker 4: I kind of have to I have to kind of just wander through life with no meaning, only to accept death at the end. I mean that seems kind of lackluster.
Speaker 1: Why do you feel like your life has no meaning?
Speaker 4: Mm hmmm, because what does it all lead to? It's all at the end of life, you die, and then what does that mean? Like my parents would go to heaven according to them, and I would go to hell. You know, so I'm burning eternally forever. That doesn't seem too good.
Speaker 1: What is your life like right now? Do you oh my job to your friends? Do you tell me everything?
Speaker 4: I had a car crash in October that really took my life up, and it made me perceive life in a different way that it could just be gone quickly and without any idea that it would happen. You know, do you just die? I crashed my car into a wall going forty five miles an hour and fractured my spine. And the car crash was actually caused by a seizure. So I have memory issues and things going on in my life. It's just fucked. It's just fuck. Excuse me, am, I allowed to cuss.
Speaker 1: You can say whatever you want.
Speaker 4: Well, I just wanted to talk to the gecko. That's the idea, is I wanted to talk to the gecko. Maybe you could tell me that life is worth dying for, you know, or life is worth fighting for.
Speaker 1: Hm hmm, Well yeah, I was thinking about this sort of recently, and it's like immortality, there's almost and and don't let me just tell you what is and what isn't you know? I want to get your opinion on this here, because I know about as much as you do about life and shit, But immortality, there's almost a hint. There's there's almost a hint of greed to that, right, Like everyone who has ever lived, every organism, if you fucking plant, dog, elephants, booger, they've all died. Every Abraham Lincoln fucking died. Everyone who's in the news right now. It's gonna die. No, it doesn't matter. Kim Kardashian's gonna die. I'm gonna die, You're gonna die, when Listens is gonna all gonna die. Everyone's gonna die. We have this allotted period of time to exist that was given to everybody. And don't you think there's something a little bit greedy, a little bit egotistical, And I don't know. I want to get your opinion on this because I'm developing this as I'm speaking it. But I said, there's something a little bit greedy about saying, well, every living thing in the history of life has had a finite amount of time, but me, I should get more?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 1: No, I mean it's like, it's like if you eat a nice uh the basket of chicken tenders, It's like, shouldn't that be enough? Do I need? Do I need to order another basket? Can I not sit in the moment with the chicken tenders, observe the texture, look at the juices as I'm squeezing it. Can I not live in the moment of what I was given and accept it to be enough? You know what I mean? What do you think about that?
Speaker 4: I think it is to some degree selfish of me to want to live forever. But at the same time, the universe is so expansive that our willingness to conquer it would be something worth witnessing.
Speaker 1: I agree, And I've been thinking about this, man, I really have, because I've been thinking a lot recently about how there's so many corners of the world and so many people, and I'm just I'm not gonna be able to see it all. I'm really not. I'm not gonna be able to see like fucking Lebanon, and uh, you know, I'm not gonna get to go to some guy's house in North Dakota and have dinner with them. I'm not gonna get There's infinite human experiences, infinite people, infinite adventures, and I'm just not gonna be able to have them all. But so because of that, and that's the reality for everyone, even the most you know, even the guy on Instagram was posting a picture of himself at the Northern Lights one day and you know, hanging out with the president the other day. Even that guy's not gonna get to do everything. So in light of that, what I think you gotta do is the things you do get to do, The friends you do get to have, the family you do get to have, the sites you do get to see, even if you think they're bory, even just the sky right outside of your front door, even talking to your mom on the phone, even looking at a picture of a dog on the computer. Whatever life experience you do get to have. Cherish it, you know, like like like where we're trying to conquer the whole world, but how much are we really appreciating the shit that we do get to do. That's what I'm trying to tell myself, because it's like, if you can't look out, if you can't take a walk around your neighborhood that you've been in for you know, however long you've been in there, and you can't appreciate the shit that's right in front of you every single day, you're not gonna find what you're looking for out in the world. You're not gonna be able to appreciate the grand Canyon. If you can't appreciate the smile on your friends, We're gonna get corny here, but you know, the smile on your friend's face, or a dog at a park at your shitty small town. You know, if you can't appreciate what's right in front of you, you're not gonna be able to appreciate what you think is the grand stuff out there. You know what I'm saying, is any of this resonate with you?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yes, I could put it plainly as the four billion year principles that I've lived my life through is that in four billion years, all of everything we know has the possibility to completely destroy itself. So Earth and everything is just gonna go away. In two million, two billion years, our sign is going to turn into a red dwarf giant, which is going to evaporate all of the water on Earth completely.
Speaker 1: Entirely, and all the gatorade too.
Speaker 4: No, I mean not the gatorade.
Speaker 1: You think the gatorade will survive the sun dying out?
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: If humans have the potential like I think we do, we have the potential to live in red dwarf land, you know, we we could go underground and save ourselves.
Speaker 1: Well, I hope I'm dead long before U before the great drought of.
Speaker 4: You know, I'm not going to hold for it.
Speaker 1: Well, listen, Zach, I, I sort of feel I gave my spiel about how I feel about Thank you for giving me the space to let that all out there, because these are all things, these things that you're thinking about, I'm thinking about them too. It's been it's been heavily weighing on my mind, my own mortality. But and I'm always between these two solutions of Okay, I'm gonna die, so I should go out into the world and do everything, see everything I possibly can. And I want to do that, and I'm leaning towards doing that, And it's a goal of mine to do that, but I would be remiss to not, alongside that learn how to better appreciate and soak in everything that's right in front of me right now. I was, even as I'm like on the phone with you, I'm like, in my head trying to be just appreciative of the fact that, like I'm on the fucking internet and I'm getting to do this as a job and like talk to you about these things. So I'm trying to simultaneously appreciate the life experience that I am getting to have while being ambitious toward creating more. And then when it comes time for me to die, I only hope that I'll have been grateful for whatever I did get while I was alive.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, is it wasted effort to fight it?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I think so.
Speaker 3: Yeah. M hm.
Speaker 4: So that's that. That answers my question. Thank thank you for taking my call for.
Speaker 1: Sure man that I guess. I guess my my sustinct answer would be, uh, that effort that you're spending fighting it, put that into appreciating it.
Speaker 4: Okay, that's it.
Speaker 1: Thank you, beautiful, Thank you, Zach. Take care. All right, I did it. I went on a on a lifey rant. I went on a corny lifey rant. Now, does anybody want to call in to tell me about a time they shot themselves? I feel like that's the natural point of progression for this podcast. Hello, is this talent? This is what's going on with you? Talent?
Speaker 8: Just hanging out warm night here up in the Midwest.
Speaker 1: Okay, do you want to tell me what it is you called in about.
Speaker 8: I moved in with my first roommate and I collect his toenails and fingernails and I don't know.
Speaker 3: How to stop.
Speaker 1: How long have you been doing this?
Speaker 8: We became roommates in September. I'd probably say it started right around Christmas.
Speaker 1: And where do do you typically find his toenails and fingernails? Does he does? He typically clip them in one particular area that you you scavenge them from.
Speaker 8: Well, uh, it started with the fingernails. He bites them and I would just see them on the floor in their living room, and I'd get it started off with me getting really upset about it, and then as time went on, I kind of just started collecting them, maybe as proof, I'm not sure. And then the toenails turns into a whole different story.
Speaker 1: Hmm. Okay, So you started collecting them as a form, as a way to build a case, but then it took a little bit its own form of pleasure for you. And how many of your roommate's fingernails and toenails would you say you are currently in possession of, Oh.
Speaker 8: Geez, maybe one hundred and one hundred and fifty two hundred.
Speaker 1: Okay, hold on, hold on one hundred and fifty to two hundred.
Speaker 8: Well, I was so I work night shifts, so I get off at two am, and I would just you know, he'd be in bed, and I just kind of go in a little scavenger hunt. I started finding more and more.
Speaker 1: I've been like one hundred off they two hundred. I mean, if he's only been there since September, that's about what six months or so something like that, six or seven months maybe? Is that even enough time for you to collect that many? I mean that, I mean the guys only had the guy only has twenty nail producing digits at a time.
Speaker 8: Well, well, what is it toenails grow at the same rate as tectonic plates separate? So I mean that's I mean, that's a substantial amount. Five a day upstairs and then next thing you know, you're looking through his carpets in his bedroom for the toenails.
Speaker 1: I don't know if the teutonic plates thing is true, but you seem like you would know more about toenails than me, So I'm gonna take your word for it.
Speaker 8: Well, I dug a little deep because I feel a little psychotic.
Speaker 1: And where do you typically keep the fingernails and toenails?
Speaker 8: I have a little wooden chest I've had since I was a kid. You said, keepsakes in it, and you know it's a little collection box.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you're saying you feel a little bit psychotic. Why do you feel psychotic?
Speaker 8: Well, I've considered myself a normal guy kind of up until this point. You know, covid hit took on golf and work out, and just I have this weird obsession with the things. I observe them. I kind of sometimes there are different colors and I don't know, it's just can't stop.
Speaker 1: And do you clip your own fingers and tone fingernails and to els?
Speaker 3: I do?
Speaker 1: What do you do with them?
Speaker 8: I just I clipped them over the toilet and flush them.
Speaker 1: Okay, so you don't do anything with your own you only want your roommates. Yes, what is your relationship like with your roommate outside of this?
Speaker 3: Are you?
Speaker 1: Is there any sexual elements to this? Do you think?
Speaker 3: Are you?
Speaker 1: Are you attracted to your roommate?
Speaker 8: No, he's actually my best friend. We've been best friends for a while and we work out together. But I have a girlfriend, so like, I don't. I don't get any arousal from it.
Speaker 1: Okay, how long you done him for?
Speaker 3: Geez?
Speaker 8: Probably almost seven years?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 1: Does he know that you collect his fingernails and toenails?
Speaker 8: He does not.
Speaker 1: How do you think he would react if you found out?
Speaker 8: We have a pretty goofy friendship. I think he would be weird at out and it would be a very weird conversation, But like, I don't think it would be a deal breaker for the friendship.
Speaker 1: Okay, have you considered telling him that you collect his fingernails and toenails or are you keeping this a secret for as long as you possibly can?
Speaker 8: I think I think I could tell him, and I want to, but it's more my girlfriend that I'm terrified to tell.
Speaker 1: Why are you terrified to tell your girlfriend?
Speaker 8: Well, I mean we've been together three years, but that's just a that's just a wrench in the whole relationship. I feel like.
Speaker 1: You seem like you've done some introspection into this.
Speaker 3: Is that?
Speaker 1: Is that correct? Have you taken the time to sort of ask yourself why you're doing this?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 8: I mean I overthink everything. I mean I've looked into the rate that they grow. I look at the nails, I look at what it's going to do to our relationship, and I just I feel like that's not a great thing to be thrown into a relationship. A friendship might be a little goofy.
Speaker 1: You google and research the rate of growth of toenails and fingernails so that you can sort of plan your next scavenge around that.
Speaker 8: Well, well, it started off with me being pissed about it because there it just it seemed like there's so many And then next thing, you know, it's just an obsession. It's almost like like research.
Speaker 1: Do you have any sort of master plan, like of something that you want to do with these fingernails and toenails, an end game of any kind?
Speaker 8: Okay, I want to burn them to see how they smell interesting?
Speaker 1: And how many do you hope to collect before you burn them? To see how they smell.
Speaker 8: I would hope that I talked to him about it before it gets to that point when.
Speaker 1: You imagine yourself burning them to see how they smell. Is he there with you to join in on the experience.
Speaker 3: I haven't.
Speaker 8: I haven't considered that, but I think it could be pretty fun, maybe a little a little goodbye.
Speaker 1: Do you think he would be open to that?
Speaker 8: Yeah, we're both we're both pretty weird.
Speaker 1: Mm hmmmm. I almost think if you think he's pretty weird. Do you think that there's a possibility he's collecting yours on the side.
Speaker 8: I think if he was collecting mine and I find I found out and he and I'm collecting his, I think maybe there would be somewhere else on that, just because like it's such a connection.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm.
Speaker 8: I mean, what are the odds?
Speaker 1: What are the odds? Well, listen, uh, talent. I hope that you find the courage to come clean with to your friend about what it is that you've been doing, because it sounds like it's not weighing on you super hard. But I do think you would find a great deal of release in finally bringing this issue out into the open with him.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I agree, I been on my mind too much.
Speaker 1: Hey, thank you very much for calling town.
Speaker 8: Thank you, you have a good night.
Speaker 1: That would be kind of beautiful, actually, if they both found that they were collecting each other's fingernails and toenails. But here's the thing is that I was going, Okay, what I was going to say just now is that if somebody were collecting his fingernails and toenails, he would know. But I bite my nails, clip my toenails all the time and sort of haphazardly placed them around the area, and I think I probably wouldn't notice if any of them went missing. Somebody very well could be collecting my fingernails and toenails. And hey, to you listening to this, do you not agree? Is there not a possibility that somebody that you live with is collecting your fingernails and toenails? Just something to think about, Dan.
Speaker 3: Hey, what's going on? Hey? Hey, how's it going? Dan's going great? Man? I love your show.
Speaker 1: Oh thanks Dan, I appreciate you.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: What's happening with you right now?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Man, So I play a trading card game right It's the Yu.
Speaker 3: Gi Oh trading card game.
Speaker 7: Yesterday I was playing in a tournament and I went undefeated. It was my first time, so I wanted to come in. I wanted to spend some love talk to you about it.
Speaker 1: I'm very curious about this. It says here that you're twenty nine years old.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 1: Is getting into yu gi oh a recent thing for you? Or because I feel like typically because you said this is your first tournament, and I feel like typically how it goes is you sort of when you're fourteen, you just have the cards and you don't really know how to actually play the game. You just sort of you hold up a card and your friend holds up a card, and whichever one looks cooler is the winner. But then as you get older, you actually learn how to play the game and start to get good at it. Is that a sort of a trajectory that's accurate to to your journey?
Speaker 3: Yeah, but when your kids.
Speaker 7: The only thing that I would add onto it is when you try to show each other cards, sometimes it didn't matter because if you got hit, they just took your card.
Speaker 1: Anyway, you were playing Yu gi oh with street rules.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you know, some people had life points. You know, we had teeth. Who could keep the most teeth?
Speaker 1: Now, did you ever have to go on the offensive and knock a person out to get their UGO cards before they could do it to you. Yes, what was that like?
Speaker 7: So his name was Ian McGuire and he was he was somebody that was one of those people who, like you thought they were your friend, but they would.
Speaker 3: Just act really shitty to you as a kid.
Speaker 7: Maybe it was just kind of situational base that you were friends out with him. But yeah, they tried pulling that move on me with my blue wizohy dragon that I pulled from.
Speaker 3: The Shoonen Jump magazine. I was really happy about it.
Speaker 7: Too, because it's like, look at how cool this is sultanate art. He tried that on me and not I shut his shit down. I took him down, and I took his card, took his face to the shadow around.
Speaker 1: Can I ask what the rest of your child hood was like?
Speaker 3: It was pretty good?
Speaker 1: It seems like, sorry, what was the last thing you said?
Speaker 3: Average suburban life?
Speaker 1: Average suburban life. Okay, So this this, uh, this these yu gi oh brawls is the darkest, gets.
Speaker 7: No, because there's a lot of grown ass adults that fight each other over yugio as well.
Speaker 1: Tell me about that.
Speaker 7: Yeah, so the one tournament that was like a large tournament for the whole city. Two people were arguing on ruling with each other because it's an unnecessaryly complicated game that's very based off of the text. The one person had a judge not rule in their favor, and then he and the judge just fought in the middle of the tournament.
Speaker 1: Mm hm. So you are in the competitive ugio community. I assume you have friends in the community. Are you close with any of these people who you have observed to be starting fights in the community.
Speaker 7: I stay away from bad blood like that. I do this because it's a silly game hanging out with friends.
Speaker 3: It's a little competitive.
Speaker 7: You can have a few drinks while you're doing it, but that's just too much, too much effort to be able to put into something of silly's list.
Speaker 1: So tell me, what do you think the timeline of the life of somebody who, as a thirty year old man is getting into physical fights at ugio tournaments. How do you think their life began middled and ended or I guess not ended, But how do they get to where they are? If you had to make a gander of it, you know you yourself being one of those guys because I feel like you seem like a good guy, right you.
Speaker 3: Thank you having so much coming from you. I love you, man oh, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 1: Dan, you know you you see it. But here's the thing. You seem like you made proper choices. But had you not you, it was totally in the realm of possibility for you to be one of those guys getting into ugioh fights at thirty years old.
Speaker 7: Yugyoh is a three road man, you think, But I would say, if anything, it's probably just escapism. A lot of people, uh, you know, may have had a little bit of rougher lifestyle, just like you were saying earlier. It's it's a childhood thing that we all got into because it was so cool. It didn't make sense, but you know, like card games, Monsters, Magic Comminion, that was the one constant that they had to go through with everything. So being victorious in that maybe gives them a sort of self satisfaction to that younger self that's still yearning to be that level of cool in Japanese anime that a lot of people try to be right now, moving myself right right, I feel like we all try to be Japanese anime characters at one point in our lives, and.
Speaker 1: Do you feel like you've ever come close to experiencing what you think it might feel like to be the protagonist in a Japanese anime.
Speaker 7: I try every day when I wake up to be my own protagonist in an anime. I do my hair up pretty well too, to kind of look like that.
Speaker 1: What brought you to start participating in these tournaments had you not played the game as a child.
Speaker 7: I played a little bit as a child, and then I got out of it, just like you know, life and anime gets less interesting as you experienced real world things. And then my buddy just randomly said, hey, you have your old cards, I have mine, Come on over. We started playing with it. This is probably like five years ago, and now you know, we have our own team. We're trying to be competitive and be like cool badasses.
Speaker 1: So now that you're you're older, but yet you tell me you still crave the feeling of being an anime protagonist. Do you think that there's anything that you get out of your real, tangible life that you wouldn't get were you an anime protagonist?
Speaker 3: Probably more deeper side story lines.
Speaker 7: I work with people on a day to day basis, so everyone's little story makes up a whole different picture for me and the protagonist. Whenever you're watching those shows, you only see it through the protagonist. Sometimes writers are lazy, they'll go like a B side story going on with it. But yeah, because I work with people in their day to day lives to speak with them directly, I'm one of those people whereas you know, they just out of nowhere, will just open up unnecessarily, and in a matter of five minutes of meeting people, I know their whole life story.
Speaker 1: I feel like that's pretty close to what you would get if you were an anime protagonist, where you go up to an NPC and they'll just tell you their whole thing, whatever it is, is going on with them. So you're, you know, as close as one could feasibly be to living that life.
Speaker 7: I never thought about it like that.
Speaker 3: It's a beautiful insight.
Speaker 1: Thank you, of course. Is there anything else you want to talk about?
Speaker 3: Dan? Now? Can I just do a shout out real quick before you hang up?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Sure? Who we shouting now?
Speaker 7: I'm gonna shout out to my friend Zach. He's my fatty, He's my man who's listening to the stream with those right now.
Speaker 3: He's great people. You're great people. Thanks for taking my call, Matt.
Speaker 1: I appreciate you, of course, Thank you for calling Dan.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 1: I was always more into into Pokemon the New gi Oh, but I didn't have a lot of friends growing up, so I know I never really played the game with me. I was so stupid. And you know what, It's weird, how like, as an eight year old, they design these very sort of intricate games, both the trading card game and the video game. Like when I play them now, I think to myself, how did I as Like? I mean, I said eight, But it's probably like what six understand, like all the math involved of like HP and like you gotta selectively pick this move and like strategize and stuff. I mean, it's not like an intense strategy game, but I feel like it has enough strategy that a six year old would not know what the hell is going on. It's not like Sonic or something where you can just sort of hit forward on the stick and jump every once in a while and you're good. Very surprised by that because I normally think of six year olds as kind of dumb, but you need like of the slightest bit of IQ points available to you to do one of these RPGs.
Speaker 2: NEVERTHK goes on the line taking your phone calls every nine.
Speaker 1: Never bec goes to his teaching you cloud in the man of your Live, but he's not really an expert.