Speaker 1: It's nine og one ong with Jenny Garth and Tory spelling.
Speaker 2: Hello.
Speaker 1: Omg years, it's so exciting we're here with another episode of nine two one og Hello.
Speaker 2: Why Jenny, it's just us today because Tory's on vacation.
Speaker 1: It's just all I want to be on vacation.
Speaker 2: I did too.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, I wonder where she went.
Speaker 2: I don't know, but it must be spring break.
Speaker 1: Oh it is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, did you get a spring break? Or all your girls have different spring breaks? So and one doesn't even have spring break.
Speaker 1: It was always different school. But Piona, my last one that's in high school. Now she's on her spring break. But she has been in Coachella. I say Coachella.
Speaker 2: Oh wait, no, she went to Coachella. Gosh, awful, awful, awful to us.
Speaker 1: She I had the time of her life.
Speaker 2: Of course I've had. So I never went when I was young because I don't even think it existed when I was young. But I had to go for work, and I the first time I went, I said I'll never do this again. And then I had to go again me too. And then I watched you know clips this week and I was like, oh, maybe I'm not there me too, And then there was some traffic kerfuffle.
Speaker 1: Oh, there's always a traffic kerfuffle.
Speaker 2: I would like to see Bernie Sanders come out. That was sort of cool, but otherwise I was.
Speaker 1: Like, pas, when did he come out?
Speaker 2: Uh? For some artists I'd never heard of, I don't know, and I was like, that's so random. It's cool. He's getting to those young kids. Does he want to be president? Maybe? I don't know.
Speaker 1: He better get going on that. I'm just saying.
Speaker 2: It looked awful.
Speaker 1: So she's having a great time. She's having a great time. Her outfits were on point.
Speaker 2: Oh did she just go with friends?
Speaker 1: She went with friends?
Speaker 2: She somehow because she asked me, can I go?
Speaker 1: And I was like, well, I don't really want you to, but you're eighteen, so yes, I have to just like you do and trust you now.
Speaker 2: And she she.
Speaker 1: Said, well, I'm gonna need backstage artists pass tickets, which are like, you know, thousands of dollars. And I was like, hmmm, well here's the deal. I'll let you go, but I'll buy you a Gen Pop.
Speaker 2: Ticket, Yeah, regular ticket like everybody.
Speaker 1: Else, and you let me know how you like it. So cut to somehow she got free everything, no backstage artist passes.
Speaker 2: She's staying in it.
Speaker 1: I'm not kidding. A mansion, no, and not paying anything.
Speaker 2: How did she get the mansion? And friends? Well friends. Even crazier is how they get the backstage artist passes, because those are like not that easy to get what somebody's got.
Speaker 1: Connecxi owns. I was like, you know what, you're resourceful.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna it's just her and Hailey Beads just hanging out. Wow, I like it. Okay, that looks awful to me, just awful.
Speaker 1: Live your life.
Speaker 2: And then I came home with the sorry for everybody listening that's not in California, but like I guess people know Coachella from ever, came home with the sore throat, like because from all that dirt, oh the dust, I stuck away a white washcloth in my ear and it came out black.
Speaker 1: Ooh.
Speaker 2: It's almost like going to Burning Man these days.
Speaker 1: It's so dry.
Speaker 2: I'm gosh, I would never you could not wait, you know what?
Speaker 1: This would be so fun? Can we please go to Burning Man together? Never? No?
Speaker 2: Never, you can do it, right Amy, I've never done ever there Never, I can't do it because you know, what's so weird. It makes me feel claustrophobic because even though you're like out there, this is what's weird about claustrophobia. You're out there in the middle of nowhere. But that makes me feel claustrophobic. I'm like, I gotta get out of here.
Speaker 1: It's weird.
Speaker 2: No, I'm kidding.
Speaker 1: I would never.
Speaker 2: And you know, I'm so such a nervous nelly about like food, like I always want to make sure, like okay, that the jar was tight, like oh it popped, you know, the everything, and there people are just trading food like I don't know if that's been properly refrigerated, cook to the right temperature.
Speaker 1: Just no, oh my god. Yeah, okay, it was an idea that You're right, it's a bad idea.
Speaker 2: Oh, I want you to go. I don't want to be discouraging. I want you to go.
Speaker 1: Maybe after this episode I'll go.
Speaker 2: Would Dave ever go to something like that?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: No, you know with the girls? What if he went with the girls.
Speaker 1: I don't think so. I don't think so. It's for older people anyway.
Speaker 2: Older Oh you mean like us, not like Grandma's.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, like us. Like Grandma's. Can you imagine if Grandma's went to Bernie Man.
Speaker 2: I mean, I know some grandpas that go. Even if you were so rich and you had like a full tour bus, it's still a no for me.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Also they get like trapped and there's wind and there's in fluffs. Yeah yeah, anyway, sorry dangerous could also you can tell anyway time And let's talk about this episode.
Speaker 1: It's I can't wait to season seven, episode eight. The things we do for the things we do for the I know you guys like it.
Speaker 2: I like that song ten CC that was the band.
Speaker 1: Oh Air November sixth, nineteen ninety six.
Speaker 2: It's still nineteen ninety six. It feels like it should be ninety seven by nineteen ninety six for really long.
Speaker 1: It's weird because we're in season seven and it's nineteen ninety six.
Speaker 2: It's just because it's the fall. Oh yeah, that's true. I never thought about that. But you will be seven and seven pretty soon, Yeah, pretty soon.
Speaker 1: Give us the synopsis.
Speaker 2: I would love to. Valerie's lies are catching up with her after Kelly offers an olive branch, Donna's new man leaves her, Cliff haging Tracy tells Brandon she wants more than to hit it and quit it. Bella's mad, as Helle wants to put the brakes on David's inheritance, and Steve wants to row row row his boat back to Claire's heart.
Speaker 1: Okay, I don't know, Laurene. Every week you outdo yourself with.
Speaker 2: The really good. Last week's was particularly good. If you missed last week's episode, go back just to hear.
Speaker 1: The synopsis is directed by Gilbert Shelton and written by Laurie McCarthy.
Speaker 2: Oh. For some reason, I thought Christina Elise wrote this one, And for some reason I thought Jason Priestley directed it. Wait did we watch name next week? Oh? I think you watched the the wrong episode.
Speaker 1: Maybe no, No, this is what I remember.
Speaker 2: You watched the crew thing because Priestley's definitely directing next week.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, good, Well, wow, that's weird.
Speaker 2: I randomly saw it when I was watching this. You got the crew first of all? That was just befuddling out of nowhere. She's suddenly a coxin coxin What are you talking about?
Speaker 1: Is that what she was doing?
Speaker 2: Like calling the row e moves, It's called a coxin starting the best episode ever. You've never heard of that. No, that's usually a boy, like often for boy crew. It can be a boy, it can be a girl, but it can be as a smaller person because they don't want to like add the weight to the boat. Now, I've never seen it with that headset, Mike and the crazier thing that to me immediately, I was like, how does she know how to do that? Like, you did not learn that in one day? And suddenly just because she likes this new guy, Dick, which I'm not gonna lie every time they say his name, I'm laughing out lout. And he was like Gamma Beta Gamma or Beta Gamma beta, like a totally made up fraternity. Yeah, and she's just calling the calls very confidently.
Speaker 1: She's a cocksitning very confidently, try saying that.
Speaker 2: It's the whole thing. I'm like, where did this even come from? This storyline?
Speaker 1: Yeah? And why is Steve there?
Speaker 2: Because he's so mad that she's dating Dick?
Speaker 1: What is wrong with us? Literally we're like twelve year old boys anyway, Okay, pull it together? Yeah, so that that none of that tracks really and.
Speaker 2: Got nowhere, And she tell me we're in a water area we've never shot at. I'm like, okay, like where are Oh? Oh my god, it's funnier though, I don't I want to say this now so I don't forget when you're like when you had lunch with the random lady from the Happy Aids hospice. Yeah, and you're at a restaurant and you said later, I went to Beverly Hills to have lunch. And immediately I'm like, isn't the whole thing is supposed to be in Beverly Hills. No, but she lives at the beach.
Speaker 1: Oh thank you, so she did.
Speaker 2: She did have to go to Beverly Hills. First of all, of all the gin joints, she pays the we're not doing.
Speaker 1: It this way, go back, go back?
Speaker 2: All right, So can we just talk about Stephen Claire first?
Speaker 1: Ye? First, First, Claire just basically tells him that she doesn't love him anymore and he's wasting his time because she loves Dick. Okay, this is Scott. We're gonna get in trouble. Your boss might not, we're not.
Speaker 2: I am the boss, and I know it's okay, it's okay. I have to edit so many things that are Okay, this one's totally fine. It is his name, yep, Okay, it's his name, and even if it wasn't, we're still allowed to say that.
Speaker 1: But it is so so Steve goes there just to find her, and then he comes back with a guy from his he's gonna.
Speaker 2: Go, okay, get too. No, So it sounds like, okay, here's what I understood, so stupid. So first of all, I don't know how he knew she was there. I guess maybe she's told everyone she's a Coxon now and I don't know how you spell that, but it might be Coxswain. I'm not sure. Okay, so anyway coxwing if it's I think swayin Coxswain, can anybody just give us the spelling? You kind of say it Coxon, but there might be a W in the actual spelling. I don't know. I have no idea how to spell. So he's kind of like, you know, flexing and being like, well, we could do it too, yeah Coxswain cox s w a I n Coxswain. So anyway, my mymi. So he's now going to be like I can do Crew two and he's going to get so it's like a interfraternal thing, I think where all the fraternities do it, and so he's going to get the Pig House to have a team also. But when that when they sort of started to put that together, and the guy got in the boat and fell out, and then gave Dick the opening to just like say more, you know, digs on them, and then I think he challenged him to a crew.
Speaker 1: Oh that's.
Speaker 2: So, I don't know. I don't remember if that, I don't remember this even at all. I'm not gonna lie, I don't. I think it's a short lived.
Speaker 1: But Steve doesn't know how.
Speaker 2: To do that.
Speaker 1: And then he brings down a guy from his rat who has literally never been in a boat.
Speaker 2: And he's all the boat is so thin, and then he falls.
Speaker 1: In the water. Like, I don't think that was a good choice.
Speaker 2: Where were they? I would love to know where that? I mean, because it's there's no water in Beverly Hills, guys, so like you're obviously in Marina del Rey. That's what I would assume.
Speaker 1: Yeah, me too, But just.
Speaker 2: Random Their whole back and forth is annoying.
Speaker 1: It's played out.
Speaker 2: Steve has a real strut though in that first scene when he comes walking up and does his Steve walk and the jeans and the weird button downs. Amy, that's not a Steve walk. What is that?
Speaker 1: That's an iron walk?
Speaker 2: Okay, I think he's got swag. I got us, ad got us like a real riz as they say.
Speaker 1: Okay, enough with the storyline. Let's talk Valerie because it's oh my god. Valerie is lying about the abortion, continues to lie about the abortion, and Kelly, for some reason, joins in to help her. It's hard for me to even say that, like why what's so weird? So first of all, she knows she's lying, right, Valerie knows, so I understand, Like, so he gave her check and then he put a hold on the check until she gets the abortion. So why doesn't she just say release the money and I'll have the abortion. And dragging everybody into it is just gonna foil her plan, right, Like, just don't tell anybody and then she could get the money. She told Steve and he said he wouldn't tell anyone, and he immediately went to.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right, and he was here's the thing. I understood the storyline that he needed to be able to tell you, But the way he told you was so like, I have a gossip and I need to share it.
Speaker 1: And it was, like, I thought it was kind of cute, because you know when you've got something so juicy and you have to tell somebody.
Speaker 2: Yes, but this was a bit more serious than the hot goss around nine oh two one oh, but whatever. Then we do find out that the Kenny was creepy when you babysat, which I think I alluded to earlier because of the math, we would have known you babysat him, but I'm letting that go for the sake of the storyline.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but ooh, if he was creepy with Kelly back then, that was a few years ago, six years ago or something, because she was like under eighteen for sure. She was sixteen.
Speaker 2: Twenty one minus six what is that equal? Maybe five eighteen nineteen twenty sixteen, seventeen, eighteen, nineteen twenty. You were like nineteen eighteen, nineteen twenty.
Speaker 1: Pathetic, You and I are pathetic.
Speaker 2: I'm not good at math. I'm not going to you're about seventeen maybe eighteen, but still creep a source because the kid could have been two. That kid's six, so we know it was somewhere in there. Just like, come on, he's getting nastier too.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I had a question though, for somebody to look up. Is his real life wife playing the wife on the show, because I noticed they have the same last name and it's very unique. So that's a bit of trivia I don't know the answer to. Anyway, What do you think of the whole thing? I feel like, if she wants the money's just being so dumb.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's got to be a better way. It's really complicated or convoluted, or.
Speaker 2: She's gonna get so caught.
Speaker 1: And then Valerie lies to Kelly when Okay, first of all, why does Kelly go help Valerie? Is it the woman in her that wants to?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think it's like you can't just not be supportive. Also gives us a chance for you to uncover her sinister plans. Yeah, but that's not Kelly's motive going in. No, I think you're genuinely trying to be nice.
Speaker 1: I mean, I like that about Kelly, but I just don't get I don't think in a realistic world she would do that, because she'd be like, that's somebody else's problem, not mine.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to think that through. Even if someone you just dislike so much. Right, but she's in your friend group and something bad happens, you kind of are like, I'm gonna help her.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm on the fence about that, do you.
Speaker 2: Know what I mean? I feel like I feel like she might I actually do, Kelly, I think she actually. That didn't jar me so much because you've made you've thrown all of branches at her before. The whole trying to catch that dude was an olive branch. You did that too, remember Colin, you helped. She was nasty about it too, but you helped. I feel like it tracks. Okay, Okay, you're right, You're right, and then you sussed out the sussiness real quick.
Speaker 1: Well, she lies to him and says, oh, it's okay, Kenny's gonna take me for my abortion.
Speaker 2: And then you saw him at that random restaurom with.
Speaker 1: My good friend.
Speaker 2: That was awkward. Like some writers like, how can we get her there? And it seems like there would have been an easier way, your mom anything, somebody, and they make it so like that you went downtown where you know what I mean, like to some fancy restaurant where all the office workers go, and then you're so like, kind of mad, and then you're like, h what do you do doing all day? Kenny?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 2: I liked it? I like that you can't.
Speaker 1: It's really difficult to pull the wool over Kelly's eyes.
Speaker 2: She was onto it all and right, and then you weren't, like, because the logical thing would be like, I don't think an abortion takes what do you mean what? I don't think it takes all day? So he feasibly could have been at lunch and then they were going in the A. I don't know, I don't want to. I don't know. I don't know the timeline on that. I also think that if you were Valerie, you would have researched this more so that when people ask you questions, you would have known. Because I felt like, she doesn't know what she's talking about. No, she has no idea what she's talking about.
Speaker 1: Lines, Yeah, but everybody likes Kelly's onto her, And then she tells.
Speaker 2: Steve gets on to her. Well.
Speaker 1: She Kelly tells Steve that she's thinks that Valerie's lying, and Steve basically makes her Kelly feel bad about.
Speaker 2: Yep saying, and he agrees.
Speaker 1: And then he starts cluing.
Speaker 2: He wants to disrust it out too.
Speaker 1: Yep, it's really good stuff, but it's so layered the lies.
Speaker 2: And first of all, I have to sort of acknowledge, like nine to two one OHO is sort of like really having an abortion storyline here. But I guess that they did it because it's not real. We're almost glossing over the voice. Does that make sense, because like it's it never occurs to her to keep I guess maybe she wanted to keep the baby in the beginning, but the baby doesn't even exist, So she really played a game of poker. Do you know what I'm saying? Assuming? Because what we didn't know that he was gonna be like, no, this is the reason. Okay, I'm gonna tell her now and you should keep the baby, like we didn't know. He's very aggressive about the abortion though, and it is not cool. Nothing about him is now cool. No, he's not even attractive anymore. No, he's like an ass.
Speaker 1: Yeah he's a.
Speaker 2: Because he's being he's not being compassionate in any way, shape or form. It's gross. The whole storyline is pretty gross because as I'm thinking about it and now she's getting a hundred, it's just gross. It's all gross. How much is she getting one hundred grand, which would be like four hundred grand, She's getting a lot of dough.
Speaker 1: How's she gonna how's she gonna? How's this gonna work out? Is it gonna see? Oh, I'm on, I'm on what's it called? So and needles? No?
Speaker 2: What's the needles? And thumbs?
Speaker 1: That would be theirs?
Speaker 2: That would actually hurt your thumbs? Yeah, I'm literally gonna make that. Mind you saying I'm on thumbs and needles? I don't wait to find out, can't wait to find out. It's we'll get to that. But I'm just thinking about Valerie. It's a very interesting storyline, and yet it's nuts.
Speaker 1: It's so twisted. I have trouble following it. I have trouble making it makes sense in my mind, Like it's so twisted.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, she's actually not a great criminal either. The only ruse she pulled off that I thought was pretty clever was with Ginger Lea Monica, when she actually convinced Ginger to steal all the stuff so that they hated Ginger and liked her. That was clever.
Speaker 1: I mean, do you I just I honestly don't possess a manipulative cell in my body. Like, I don't know how.
Speaker 2: I don't have the energy to be manipulative. She's very sinister and like I and it's weird because everyone loves her, but like if you look at a bird's eye view, it's quite sinister.
Speaker 1: Yes, and I like it.
Speaker 2: I didn't know I like it so much. But yeah, the show does need it. I will say that, oh yeah, because otherwise it would be kind of vanilla like boring. There's not a lot of huge drama it.
Speaker 1: Honestly, there's times when I feel like it doesn't even need drama because you're so invested in the characters and their their lives moving forward and their choices. I'm riveted just by what the characters are doing.
Speaker 2: They throw they're definitely thrown in this sort of soap opera thing with her. Yeah, and it's kind of Melroy's place was doing the same thing. It's a little like it's starting to a little Dynasty ish.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I still love it.
Speaker 2: Were you a Dynasty girl or a Dallas girl? Did you watch either?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: Really?
Speaker 1: Were those shows?
Speaker 2: Wednesdays at ten? Was Dynasty? Oh? The eighties? Train Man Wednesdays at ten ten ten uh, And I think Dallas was maybe on Friday nights, but I might have made that up too, because back then Friday nights and Saturdays were like hot nights of television. I don't think I watched television in the eighties.
Speaker 1: I don't know what happened to me.
Speaker 2: Where were you? You didn't watch Night Rider or Give Me a Break or Facts of Life or Different Strokes? Oh yeah, fantasy, I'm on different strokes. Do you remember give me break? Not a moment too late?
Speaker 1: Something like that, Mill Carter, Yeah, it's you need I need more. I need you.
Speaker 2: Just sing the chorus, yem me break, gonna take you to the top, something like that. Oh you're good. I still don't know it. I'm trying to do my No Carter, it's not my best. She get that girl could sing. You do yourself a favor, everybody, and go watch give Me a Break clip with Nell Carter and Andy Gibbs singing up where we Belong, and you'll be like, it's a jam.
Speaker 1: I was a Jam'll take note.
Speaker 2: Anyway. Let's talk about David Ah. This is a mess. It up and down is a mess.
Speaker 1: I mean it tracts because of his mom's mental illness, which can be genetic.
Speaker 2: Coming yep hm. And I hope that drinking too much.
Speaker 1: I hope that it's going to go somewhere serious, because for him to have these kind of swings and behaviors is not justifiable unless he is dealing with some sort of like chemical imbalance or mental problem.
Speaker 2: But his grandma is lovely and she cute, and she really says, stop drinking so much. Literally talk about my throat, let me play. I think his dad is being a good dad.
Speaker 1: He is, but he's so hard, he's so harsh. She's so like, like ragging on him all the time.
Speaker 2: I order of a million dollars in nineteen ninety six is like a million dollars like that kid, maybe seven hundred and fifty. I don't know the inflation, but it's too much money for a twenty one year old to have control of. It's crazy, and Grandpa should have put some parameters in there.
Speaker 1: But also he gave his son Mel Aaron got nothing.
Speaker 2: Who's Aaron Mel's kid?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know, we haven't seen him for tons of times.
Speaker 2: And our Mel and your mom together right now, I'm totally confused. I thought they were, and maybe they're not. I I am.
Speaker 1: So that's what happens. Things just drop off and then six day we'll pick it back up and pretend like we knew all along.
Speaker 2: But anyway, I think his dad is trying to do a good job.
Speaker 1: But I think it's crazy that his dad got two hundred and fifty K and David got the same amount. Wouldn't you give your son more?
Speaker 2: No, But here's the part you're forgetting. The wife gets the real money, like these people had dough right, because he gave two hundred and fifty to David and two and fifty to mel and then the wife gets all the money and that will eventually pass down to the dad. So this is just for now because the grandma's still alive, so she is getting off. So think of I mean, there must be millions. David was well off.
Speaker 1: Lorraine says that two hundred and fifty K is worth four hundred and ninety thousand, seven hundred and sixty seven dollars.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so valories one hundred is worth about two so we can double it. Yeah, they're all gotten. I mean that is some serious dough Half a million dollars.
Speaker 1: I have never been given money in my life from like an inheritance or a trust or any Yeah you have, what's it like?
Speaker 2: Pretty awesome and also awful because someone died. So it's like you kind of are like I mean me, I was like, I don't.
Speaker 1: Even want this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because it was grandparents, So I guess that's like it's grandparents, but still it was so sad. So then I really really really tried to use the money in a way that my grandpa because my grandma died first and then my grandpa, so in a way that they would have approved of. So I bought a house with my brothers.
Speaker 1: First of all, I'm sorry about your grandparents.
Speaker 2: Well I bet your grandparent died.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they didn't leave me anything though.
Speaker 2: There was nothing to leave, so AnyWho, my grandpa was ninety two and my grandma lived at almost ninety, so, like knock on wood, couldn't be more grateful. But I really tried to use the money in a way that they would want.
Speaker 1: That's nice.
Speaker 2: I tried. I hadn't David's going to do that. Oh I know what he does with it. I don't remember how that turns out. Yeah, why do you say? Yeah, like I should know well, because I think he guys the peach pit. Spoiler alert, Yeah I think so. I don't it's coming. It's all fuzzy because then I can't remember what happens.
Speaker 1: After that.
Speaker 2: I get sort of like, I kind of remember, and then I get like, the specifics get fuzzy.
Speaker 1: I could see him buying the peapad, but not the peach pit.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, the pea pad. He guys the pea pad, not the peach pit. The pea pad.
Speaker 1: Say it a few more times for the people who ate it.
Speaker 2: You know. My only problem with this storyline is it's tied up like a real bow for now. Like when they drive off and you drive and like, I think Grandma did the right thing by being like you need to your dad and you are the same, and you need to not drink so much. I thought, you know what, Grandma, good job, Yeah, for sure, really good.
Speaker 1: Someone has to be the voice of reason and it's very reasonable, like what he's trying to do is trying to help.
Speaker 2: His son, but it's very like naggy almost, or like giving parameters to a twenty one year old is not easy because they're so like a lot of adult loo you're telling me, I, yeah, yeah, but I'm glad he's doing it.
Speaker 1: This in my scenario, like in our family, that would be Peter. Really yeah, he would be the one with the common sense, the sensible, reasonable thing to do.
Speaker 2: And will he hold the line or do you cave? Like okay? So he's like, this is a no, and it's a no for certain things. Yeah, and do you like co parent on that? So back to the Coachella thing, were you like, k, Peter, are you cool she goes to Coachella?
Speaker 1: Oh my bad, it was a little thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you forgot that.
Speaker 1: I forgot to tell run it by him. In my mind, she's eighteen eighteen. I want her to experience things. I didn't even think of it.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 1: And also she should have told.
Speaker 2: Him yeah, true true. Was he upset or was he like no? I would have said okay too.
Speaker 1: No, he was mad that she was.
Speaker 2: Oh no, because it's you know why, it's kind of like a little scary out there because there's so many people and there's like probably drugs.
Speaker 1: Oh, so many drugs.
Speaker 2: I gave my I gave a list to my niece like never do this, never do this, and never do this, and never do this, not even don't even take an advil from somebody you don't know. Bring your own sealed.
Speaker 1: I mean I do. I do all of that with them, and I think it's gotten through. I think that they're pretty sensible. But you never know.
Speaker 2: Have you watched The Pit yet? The new Noah Wiley show. It is really good, really really really good. I'm not done yet, so don't tell me what happens inm halfway, but there's like it literally made me go, do not take anything from anybody to know? I just like if nine oh two was on now, we definitely have a fentanel storyline. We might. I don't know.
Speaker 1: We're not done yet.
Speaker 2: I We'll hand it to nine oh two and O for being on it very on it. Okay, should we go to Tracy and Brandon? Sure, she's staying, she's leaving. It's all kind of hm. I don't dislike it, but it's kind of nothing. Burger.
Speaker 1: Are you feeling that?
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's like, I don't want to get into anything serious because I can't deal you apart from the last person I didn't want to get into anything serious with.
Speaker 1: Like, it's so like that and he shouldn't get into anything serious and you know he needs time and he's I love how he's focusing on things that matter to.
Speaker 2: Him one percent. Do we think if it were today that he'd be governor of California or Minnesota?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I do too. I'm like that is the story.
Speaker 1: At least. What if Brandon Walsh ran for president? I'd so vote for him.
Speaker 2: My only problem with that is I feel like it's like a weird Brady Bunch storyline or something like Brady Bunch of the White House. Do you know what I mean? Like, I feel like governor feels really realistic to me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like okay, yeah, he's gonna be so good.
Speaker 2: And we could have a whole show about being governor. Like, yeah, it's more realistic. They're from Minnesota, right, I mean I'm having like a yeah because it doesn't even have to be California, although I'd like California. He could be governor of Minnesota and that even seems more realistic.
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 2: This is all right, age, Like governors are your age?
Speaker 1: Did you know I've I've heard a million like hypotheses about like what would have happened and what should have come out of storylines, and this is the best one I've ever heard, because it makes the most sense.
Speaker 2: The one we just said, or one this one, the governor being him being totally because he could have had a career in media, and then segue's sort of into politics because he's always sort of on both and like he could have been a journalist turned politician. You know, he was mayor of something, then lieutenant governor, and now he's governor.
Speaker 1: Do you think Brandon was turned off by Tracy's answer about the politics?
Speaker 2: Oh that's such a because he's so liberal, you can, I mean, come on, we know his politics he is.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Uh no. I thought she had a very journalistic answer, and I thought he had a good response. I actually thought that was sort of like, oh that's some that's interesting. They gave us sort of an interesting, not lightweight sort of thing there very of the time. Didn't you think that too. I'm like, yeah, I'm watching this now right like the shorts shorts, the.
Speaker 1: Shorts, Yeah that was cute. Oh my god, those ten of shoes. I can't But Tracy's really trying to get up in there with Brandon.
Speaker 2: Now when they have their sort of fake news reading. I kind of don't. I sort of I let you out a little bit. I'm like, man, fake thing. I'm sort of more intrigued by what you and Steve were talking about watching huh, Like, I don't think I fully invested in all their banter. I got the gist of it, but I was like, I don't.
Speaker 1: Really care about what they're talking about.
Speaker 2: I guess yeah, I'm kind of like, Okay, I get it, you're sort of bantering and you might disagree on I get it. We've seen this show on you know, take opposing views.
Speaker 1: Are they going to get together?
Speaker 2: Yeah, they already kissing. I think, yeah, likes she's this new Susan, So I think we have that whole thing going on. Okay, trying to remember, I can't remember, but I do find her cute.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she's cute. I think she's cute too. Yeah.
Speaker 2: It's very kind of nothing Burger. And then we get this weird Mark in.
Speaker 1: There, What is the deal? Mark asking Kelly when was the last time she made love?
Speaker 2: It was weirdly uncomfortable. That seems like it was cringe weirdly uncomfortable. And also I kind of had a smile because there was like a little bit of flirting.
Speaker 1: There was a moment of like, what's the chemistry there was there was because he was a lighter and he yeah, but it.
Speaker 2: Was still weird. There was something awkward.
Speaker 1: I can honestly remember now doing scenes with him and pulling out all the stops, trying trying so hard to get like something going, something going in there, and I felt like it was just a little bit there.
Speaker 2: But it's also an awkward storyline, like it's like, why is he asking that ew.
Speaker 1: And here, Yeah, he's not doing research. He just didn't get up in her business.
Speaker 2: And then I was just like, oh god. And then I liked how you said nope, not anytime soon, And I was like, who said that? Kelly or Jenny? I get it. I mean, I'm watching going do they have chemistry? Do they not? Or is? But also sort of the storyline is so awkward. It's just like all of a sudden, it's out of no way. I don't know, like I feel some more chemistry with Cliff and Donna. He's leaving kind of young puppy cloves and he says.
Speaker 1: I'm leaving basically tomorrow to go He's quitting being a fireman, which big mistake, and he's going to go be something else somewhere else, and.
Speaker 2: What's He's going to go work on a ship? Right?
Speaker 1: That's not good? So he comes does a relationship continue forward?
Speaker 2: He comes back, he comes back. Oh right, he's going to go work. But it's not long lasting. Yeah, it's not long lasting, but he comes back.
Speaker 1: I thought she was cute in this episode.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and like the heya camper although like when people in La say hike, it means a walk, and so they were really camping and were they spending the night?
Speaker 1: I think?
Speaker 2: So that made me want to go camping so bad because he knew how to do everything.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I said.
Speaker 2: And I'm like, where are they were that random? It looked like a bunch of weeds and then like it was lake? Where were they literally looked like where they just burned down, like where the fire was in the episode earlier, because they're hiking and all that brush and then a lake came out of nowhere?
Speaker 1: Do you think that was like Hollywood Lake?
Speaker 2: I just don't even know. I was like, this seems sketchy. Did they go to Castaic? That's far? It's either Hollywood Lake or cast You had that big back back on and then he kind of unbuckled it and she's like so tiny with that giant back. There's sort of and then it was cute and then I say goodbye and there's a stuffed animal and then did you see her kiss the stuffed animal? Yeah, I don't know. It's sort of been nothing Burger too, but I'm like, it's it's so sweet. It's kind of like, yeah, there's this little sweet storyline. Well, the whole valerie it's all just like wow, there's a lot to take.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's all over the place, people all of.
Speaker 2: The place, like the cocks swinging all the way to the valerie and Kenny and the like drama, the lies and the deception. And then we've got like young puppy love and then we've got this weird guy asking you when did you make love? And I was like, oh god, but that so weird. And then we've got Susan slash Tracy. Sorry, name's so much. Yeah, I don't know. It's it's hard to follow, but I tell you what I'm in. I can't. I can't. I can't get out it. Jams. I mean that's the thing. It like, it is it it jams. You're like, okay, okay, okay, okay, okay, okay.
Speaker 1: I'll stick with these people for sure.
Speaker 2: For sure. I think Stephen's season seven thrives. It's just a lot of mess, sort of you're like whoa very few times when you all come together. A lot of Still.
Speaker 1: But I wait, how did the episode end? What was the ending?
Speaker 2: I think David and his dad driving away drive off, which then it did look like Palm Springs. No, that was Palm Springs. I feel like that was Palm Springs, Yeah, because at first I thought, but it was weird they went all the way to Palm Springs for that one shot because they the shot just showed the house and I'm like, that's Thousand Oaks or something like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but did you notice at the end of that street that they you see the end of it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like a golf cart. It looked like Palm Springs to me. But maybe they just got a shot that looked like that and it was a Thousand Oaks.
Speaker 1: I feel like they had to for one shot. They're not going to go would you go out there? And also where did they go to the lake? Those are two expensive situations.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's correct. I think it was Thousand Oaks type of town. It looked like it because I was like, this is a.
Speaker 1: This is when we need an expert, like you would think.
Speaker 2: Oh, my biggest tell and I don't know, was that the address was like one two nine, one seven. And I'm not convinced. But maybe there are addresses and Palm Springs that are like five numbers like that. It's very la to have five labors.
Speaker 1: I didn't even think of that.
Speaker 2: I don't know. My address here has three numbers and.
Speaker 1: Four l it's two three, three numbers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I don't know. Maybe Palm Springs. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know. It feels crazy that they would have gone all the way out there for one shot and they could have made it look like it in a different thousand oaks. Yeah, I don't know where that lake was.
Speaker 1: Well, if you guys know, you probably know more than us, So let us know. Tell us what we're missing, where we're wrong, because it's so good.
Speaker 2: Like God is, I'm giving this an eight. It's like no. Ten, but it's no six.
Speaker 1: I feel like it's like a six. Honestly, ooh wow. Although I do enjoy Like last time, I gave it a high score because I love the storyline. Of Valerie and all this abortion lying. But I don't know. I just felt like it.
Speaker 2: We only have one one more episode with Kenny, okay, so that'll wrap it up. It's wrapping up soon. Maybe I think one more? Yeah, yeah, they kind of did him dirty. Oh it says the exterior of David's house was a Palm Springs location. The actual house is located. I missed the end there.
Speaker 1: Where is it? Two oh two North Palm Canyon Drive in Palm Springs, California. Wow, Lorraine, how do you know that?
Speaker 2: How did you get that? And then why would Why did I swear the address on the house was like one two nine one seven Internet?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Well, then it must be true.
Speaker 1: Most of the experiences were like ban Ey's, but that particular grandma's house was in Palm Springs. Why would Wow?
Speaker 2: So he had to go all the way out there and spend the night to shoot because you can't just shoot that car stuff in one minute. Got to shoot that a few times. I bet that is just it doesn't make sense to me. Maybe I don't know it's at but good show. What's what's next week?
Speaker 1: Next week we have season seven, episode nine, Loser takes.
Speaker 2: All m M.
Speaker 1: I wonder what that's gonna be. There's so many potential losers here.
Speaker 2: And then I think we have to go back to the DVDs or whatever, because I think there's a there's a there's a trip to Vegas coming up. I think I don't think that's next week. I think it's like the week after. Well, anyway, good talk, good talk, good show. Loved it, loved it. Thanks Amy, have a great week.
Speaker 1: Everybody you love you