Speaker 1: Wake that answer up in the morning. The Breakfast Club Donald tell him you call him back. Hey, y'all got on Camo today. Good morning everybody.
Speaker 2: This DJ, M V Jesse, Larry Sholam and the God. We are the Breakfast Club. We have a special guest in the building. He has a Netflix specialist out right now.
Speaker 1: Now familiar with the old rid law.
Speaker 3: Love your friend and his unridden companion, Hate your enemy. I'm challenging that. I'm telling you to love your enemy. This is from Matthew fifty five forty three forty eight. That's what all y'all really, I'm telling you to lose love your enemies, let them bring let them bring out the best of you, not the worst. When someone gives you a hard time, respond with the supple moves of prayer. Look at God, for then you are working out of your true selves. Your God, create creative selves. This is what God does. He gives his best, the sun to warm and the rains of ners to everyone, regardless the good and the bad, the nights of the nasty.
Speaker 1: If all you do is love the lovable, to respect.
Speaker 3: The bonus, anybody can shut the fuck up while I'm talking about God is wrong with you, nigg I'm praying, Nigga and anybody.
Speaker 1: Can do that.
Speaker 3: If you simply say hello to those who greet you, do you expect a medal? Any run of the meal center does that. In a word, what I'm saying is, grow up your kingdom subjects now, live like that, Live out your God created identity. Live generously and gracefully toward others the way God lives towards you.
Speaker 1: I love you, I love you. Sture you texted me because you texted me.
Speaker 4: Matthew five five.
Speaker 1: Happy?
Speaker 4: Happy? Are the mild tempered? Since they inherit the earth?
Speaker 1: That's Matthew five five, Welcome, Welcome.
Speaker 3: How are you feeling, brother? I feel very mild. In fact, I'm gonna tell you this is how mald I. I've looked at the careers of a lot of people, right, and some of those people that are super hot that aren't that mild. Let's just say they're not doing, uh, the same thing that the mild performers. I don't use names. I'm not talking about anybody. I mean, we could get to it. I mean it's not listen. I had a conversation with a very close friends of mind, and they said they knew that I was doing the breakfast club right, and they said, Donelle, don't do it. This is what that person says breakfast. They don't do what I'm not used to say. They said, don't do what they're going to try to do.
Speaker 1: He said, don't do it.
Speaker 3: And the reason why he said, here's the thing you could say, it's this thing is I'm giving light to somebody that doesn't deserve light. All right, I'm giving energy and pumping up something that doesn't have to be pumped up. Now we could talk about the situation. I see that sinister, nasty light skin. Looked at your having.
Speaker 4: You look very light.
Speaker 3: You look very like lighter than normal setting like you look like like Tisha like light lighting.
Speaker 1: Thing is I know it's.
Speaker 3: Your business as a fake journalist, as immediate personality, you have to get to the bottom of thisss. You have to get to what people talk about in the streets. I don't want to do that, but we can't.
Speaker 1: No, I want to hear special and they're talking about the special. Wait, what's special? A new day? Know what platform? Netflix? Not on the YouTube, not a podcast? Continue with Netflix.
Speaker 3: I'm just saying there's levels of this all right, yes, way, that's what we do. I'm still in the top ten. That's what we call from. People don't understand that to look for clicks. This is called in this business of it's called charting.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: Now, there are a lot of shows on Netflix. And here's when the world, just not just a podcast, sees you when you chart. When my special dropped on the twenty seventh, the next day, it was charted at number two. Cong Now, no, no, no, no, no, let's talk about it. Don't try to he was scared of ship and andre Ward give me the same figa on a punk, I asked questions, So, who.
Speaker 1: Do you think was gonna fight next?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 1: Who's the greatest? Who's the greatest fighter you ever seen? So? Who do you think is the greatest nigga? Answer real question? Who do you think is the greatest?
Speaker 4: Would you ever fight?
Speaker 1: Scorpion Balls? The biggest scorpion balls? There's a story in Las Vegas where some guy Balls got good fight scorpion?
Speaker 3: Hey, andre would you ever fight a scorpion? Can give me the same respect I don't need. I don't want your mother fucking congratulations. I want to talk about the facts.
Speaker 4: I have a respectful question.
Speaker 3: Didn't that before that, I have to answer his question. First special dropped. That's a question you and you were getting there. It charted number two, right and it held on to number two for three days. It went to number four for a couple of days, it went to number seven. I'm not really sure even if it's charging right now. But to have a net Special to come out as many programs that are on Netflix, just to get recognized in the top ten, it's a big joint. It's a big deal, and it's the reason why I support any comic that want to follow my lead and be mild.
Speaker 1: You should do it.
Speaker 3: That's what I'm saying. And to address that, here's my thing, all right, we'll see it. I don't want to get into it. I don't want to get into it because I don't want to be messed. No, but no, no, I got to say this to it. It's in your face, nigga, you sinister nigga. I don't understand. That's the type of nigga you are.
Speaker 4: I don't get this done.
Speaker 5: You've always been such a mild mannered comic. What is setting you off about this situation?
Speaker 3: The thing is setting me up about the situation it's being called mild. All right, I'm gonna tell you why. It's the same issue I here with you for a person that i'm bringing you back in. When I want to bring you back into this, I'm gonna pray for you.
Speaker 1: Dear father, help.
Speaker 3: This nigga, all right? And I'm making what was the point of can you keep you on track?
Speaker 6: Just what is the point I was making why you don't like to be called a mind?
Speaker 1: The reason why?
Speaker 3: And it's I say, the issue I had with you, and I said, okay, this mother for keep on trying to create the narrative that he's not funny.
Speaker 1: You don't understand it's not true.
Speaker 3: To begin, let me say this, let me talk to a comedian. You know the inward for us not funny and corny. As much success as you've had, and I know that if you've dealt with nay sayers and everything, and you can brush it off, your numbers don't lie. It's still something personal about somebody saying that and you want to say fuck you.
Speaker 1: I know I'm not.
Speaker 3: And the reason why I'm gonna say that, and I'll address this first off, you got to ask who's judging me? Who is saying you mild, and if that person is now on a level of what I've.
Speaker 1: Done, when you talk about what your mouth saying.
Speaker 3: Resume, even on a level, it's not even fair for you to make an assessment of what you think my motherfucking career is because I could do I can do the resumes and this is what I could do. Resident you can say the rest. I know you saw scorpion balls. I know I'm gonna deliver you, so you know what I'm saying. It's like, Okay, who's judging me? And then when somebody's judging, you're making a critique of me, what are you doing? What are you doing to your career? Was sitting back trying to ship on the motherfucker? And I take offense to anybody saying that funny because I know after thirty years, that's not what the streets are saying. I'm not funny about you. Isn't that the sign of a narcissist? Yes, always bringing.
Speaker 1: It back to you. It's not about you. But but did you open me? This interview is me, that's right, a new day of a new doing, and I'm feeling good. But you opened up for him that night right left, actory what what what you say?
Speaker 4: First off?
Speaker 1: First off, you know what, I don't want crazy that that was crazy? No, I didn't, Okay, no, mhm. I think it's very petty for comedians and I'm not gonna say names because all it's just getting more.
Speaker 3: I think it's fucked up for comedians to try to be critics of comedians when you're in the same field. Nobody does that. Athletes nobody do that. You'll never hear Lebron James going out saying that Jay Morant is whack. I'm better than him. Okay, joh, whatever it is. I'm making my point. You guys can count them. I'm gonna get you when I say this. You'll never have any other field where when you actively doing the same thing, you're gonna be.
Speaker 1: A critic of that person. And what they do is leave it on the court.
Speaker 3: You're not gonna Lebron may have a certain issue with certain players, but he was like, I'm not gonna be like, oh, I'm better at him, Like this, I'm gonna dunk on you. Michael Jordan never went out and said what I'm gonna do to somebody. He went out and did it. So if you you want to fight me, fight in the fair arena. You can't fight me on Netflix because you ain't in that league. So if your criticism of me is of what your opinion is. And even with this situation, somebody said, don't talk about it. You know what, I'm a very petty person. I've been riding y'all motherfucker's pause for eight years. I can be petty, right, I could be petty. Didn't want to be petty, I said it. And the reason why I didn't want to be petty because I started listening. I go through the comments. I started listening, and I was saying, wait a minute, I don't got to fight this motherfucker.
Speaker 1: I'll let them fight it.
Speaker 5: I don't need just like curting, you have to use mild for fanity, yes, but I got you with myfanity because we don't want to have to edit too much BP.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right.
Speaker 3: What I'm saying is, if you want to fight me, fight me in the right arena, you know. And the thing is where you want to fight me or criticize me, I've already done that. I've already done that if you check my resume, and I know you guys have because you always want to have some inside on me. If you check my resume and my career goes over thirty years, I started in the same place that everybody started, probably even worse. So when you try to put out there what you think comedy is and getting in front of the munch, I guess what. I've been through the mud. But who still want to keep playing in the dirt. Eventually you got to elevate yourself.
Speaker 1: I don't want to do that. Why being so spicy down? We know like you are funny, like we were like, we know you funny, Like, so what you're trying to do down is, like I'm being honest, like how many times is ues?
Speaker 4: Is gas flighting? Your gas lighting?
Speaker 1: Because he's get you started it.
Speaker 3: I don't trust you. I'm just I'm keep it real. I like you, but I don't trust you. And I have the same situation with certain names whatever. But it's like it's like this and now look at this, and I know the question is, well, what's up with all this comedy beef or whatever?
Speaker 1: And it's unfortunate who got that question? I had that question. There's an elephant in a row.
Speaker 6: We do and we asked every other comedian that fucking comes up here that question, and I was gonna get to that.
Speaker 1: How you feel about the comedy beef and the climate that it's in.
Speaker 6: Let's take away a nigga with a podcast who talks about everybody to get attention. Let's take away that talk about No, I'm talking about the climate in what comedy is?
Speaker 1: You know our comedy is answer this way is to do?
Speaker 3: You got to like comics, white commons, black commics, whatever the thing is in our community, we feel like it only could be one black person on top of one time. Nobody wants to share the stage. They feel like Hollywood picks this person, but everybody can win. Everybody wants to be Batman. But it's gonna be more Robbins than anything. We're not supportive of each other, very very selfish, very competitive, but not the point.
Speaker 1: Of everybody though we see I'm not talking to you, sorry, I'm talking to a comedian. Do you want to do comedy? You can start like we did. We can do open mics. I know you have a platform and you think you can do anything. All right? Do we interrupt like this?
Speaker 3: I imagine can be interfering when you talking about one of your podcast cards. Sorry, continue right, we don't do seminars for houses anymore.
Speaker 1: I'm so glad that time is.
Speaker 4: Wait a minute, wait a minute. He doesn't do open mic, he doesn't open houses.
Speaker 1: Open houses. The houses clothes like shit right there anywhere? Mind goodness. The question is it's and it's it's an out were very very very.
Speaker 3: Very hateful and as bad as the climate has been in comedy, this is the common denominator with everybody that's been a subject and discussion from the shell. Let's keep it real from the sha and if you all these names that came up, the one thing that's common with everybody is that we all started from nothing. There's not a story of anybody's name is going up that didn't come from uh one family house.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying. Nothing.
Speaker 3: Everybody, everybody they talk about had a dream and they turned their dream into reality. So my thing, if you want to be critical of that, then be same, use that same criticist and talk about the come up, talk about the people that have done it, and let people know that this is something that you can focus on and you can do it, you can be good at it, and you make it successful. The only thing right now in our comedy community is that people are trying to sell controversy.
Speaker 1: Now. They don't want to.
Speaker 3: Sell jokes anymore because they know what moves the needle every podcast platform. I did a whole media run and everybody, soon as I walked in, they wanted the controversy, which I heard so about that they want, Oh I heard this because they know that our society, we gravitate toward negativity more than anything. That's why you look at news, the news, whatever New York news, you look at it. Person was murdered in Brooklyn, person was murdered in Bronx. Because we gravitate toward negative stuff. It's unfortunate where we ever get where we have these positive stories, never because that don't move the dow. So you got people here trying to move a dow with podcasts whatever. And the way I'm trying to move a dow is by what I'm doing. I don't have to talk about it. I'm not cocky about my Netflix special. I've been doing this for thirty two years and anybody you know, you know my history, anybody you know my history, I put the work in. So when you try to discredit that, I'm going to defend that again. I don't want to talk about it because there's the thing. I make a conversation, all right, because somebody told me that's what we have. Now it's a MISSI fuck them. I don't know how to say it.
Speaker 1: I was trying not to say that. I was trying not to say I swear God, don't do this. I just give me. That's what I want to say. That's what I want to ask you. A serious question.
Speaker 5: Yeah, if sucking three dicks get you a movie, what the fucking six six dicks get well?
Speaker 3: Uh, that's a question for you because I know you're you're very serious about it into the acting world, right, And when I came up here, I was like this, you know what out of all this discussion on flatio, and she was like, who better to audition for three movies?
Speaker 1: It's Charlotte made.
Speaker 3: So maybe that's what you're the one curious about the movie and that's a trigger. I've been in over three movies and I've never and with that, I've kept my career Dick Tree.
Speaker 1: So I've done it.
Speaker 3: It's been a struggle for some people, right, but I've stuck to my guns. The dick out of here so much. Then I moved to Ohio just to get away from the traps of the dicko.
Speaker 1: They ain't nobody soning dick tarrolls.
Speaker 3: I'm pretty sure that's I mean, you know, it's happening out there, but that's not you know, that's not a thing of mine.
Speaker 4: Do you practice like gentle or mild parenting.
Speaker 3: I'm very very mild, very mild and gentle parent. And I think that's because I'm an older, older parent. Like I think I'm old enough to be my son's grandfather and father at the same time. So he's being raised with grandfather energy, all that discipline stuff. I don't really do that. Like when he was young, he cried, I just give him lollipops. I didn't try to give no life lessons. I'm like an old head dad. So yeah, I got a gentle, kinder parent in style.
Speaker 1: He's eight. Hio is good. I'm gonna roll my little want to road than anything. Ohio is great.
Speaker 2: It's my weather day all the time.
Speaker 1: It's my weather. That's why I leave because I need to go to more spicy weather. I need to go to a climate where they get it from the mud, you know.
Speaker 3: And I gotta Here's the thing about it, I gotta keep it real, right, that's what society says.
Speaker 1: But the irony of that.
Speaker 3: When I did Chappelle Show, one of the sketches that connect with people residents so much was when keeping real goes wrong. So it was a situation I had with keeping the real goes wrong. Guess who wrote that me? So I knew how keeping it real could go wrong. Next question, Next question. There's a lot of things that you don't know about Chappelle Show I did. Do you know the character beautiful did? I played Beautiful the pimp? That not the pimp the Jerry Croll got. What you didn't know about this was that character was not on the paper. They didn't write that. And this is how hateful of a sketch that was. I asked Neil Brittan, I said, what's the next sketch I'm going to be on? He said, player hate his Ball. So the next day I look at the car sheet, which would tell you what you planned everything, and I saw that I wasn't naughty, and I asked Neil, I said, I was supposed to be in a player hater his ball? Why am I not player's ball? He said, oh, I'm sorry, be I forgot. I was like, all right, he said, we'll just come up with something so that character. If you look at the original script, he did not exist on it.
Speaker 1: I went home. My hair has been ball for years, and I was like, I want to do a different look.
Speaker 3: Everybody know this. I was like, now there's an opportunity for me to grow here. So I went to the makeup. I said, I want a Jerry Carroll wig. I went to props and I said, I want a bottle. I want some curl activator, right, but I wanted to be in a champagne bottle, but they said that'd be too sloppy. So I said, give me an aerosol can wrap it around with some platinum gold look or whatever. I'm going to do that, right. This was the night before I told him that, and then Five Heartbeats was one of my favorite movies, so I said, I wanted to be dressed like Eddie Kane Jr. If you look at what Beautiful was wearing at it almost looked like the da You know, it looked like that.
Speaker 1: So I went with that.
Speaker 3: I know this bores you because I'm making sense, So you can leave the interview if you want. I see you're not making an eye contact. No, no, no, no, no, you're distracted. I'm not focused on me. Can it be about me right now? Anyway back to what I was saying, Yeah, so I said I wanted to Eddie Kinge Jr. Look, So this guy was did didn't exist. So I got to Jerry Carroll. I got the outfit and everything, and I'm walking around and I didn't have a name, and I'm looking in the mirror. I didn't have a name. I said, Neil, what's this character's name? He said, I don't know. Be just make up something. So I walked past the mirror and I was like, damn, I feel beautiful, beautiful, beautiful. I said, Neil, my name is beautiful. He said, well, that's a lie, but it's a funny name, geez. And if you look at it. No, everything I said out in my mouth was an improv it. That character did not exist. That was my contribution that.
Speaker 1: Wow. Can I ask you a real question?
Speaker 2: No, when you got into the I said, no, when you got into the mild disagreement, why didn't you leave the first time? Why you kept leaving and coming back and leaving and coming back and leaving and coming back.
Speaker 1: First off, what you don't understand is that I didn't leave and come back. I stay.
Speaker 3: Here's another thing about that situation. That night, there was three shows at the last factory, one when it's a three day weekend. Since y'all want the fucking truth, I'm not going to bash anybody. In fact, I've never one time said anything bad about this guy. If you want to say his name and promoter, you can, I'll call him this guy. I've been called ugly Larry, I've been called all this stupid.
Speaker 1: Shit and monny.
Speaker 3: Yo, listen, it's not funny. The reason why it's not funny because I know why ain't the best looking nigga. When I was fucking fifteen, I looked in the mirror and said, this face has to be rich in famous.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you didn't have to agree so quick.
Speaker 3: Yes, I certain faces look like you got to add something to it, Okay, you know, And what's your question? Why did I keep leaving whatever?
Speaker 1: That day?
Speaker 3: I closed three shows, first show, second show, late show, at midnight show.
Speaker 1: I didn't want to go there.
Speaker 3: I was tired, you know, but I didn't want to let Lonnie down shout out to Loney Chock the Factory.
Speaker 1: I wanted to commit to it.
Speaker 3: So I came to the show right and I don't mingle with comics. I don't go over there and do all the pow wow shit. I don't look at the lineup. I just know that I'm gonna go in and call, and I'm gonna go up my name called went up there, destroyed the show, ripped the show. But also know that I had to make an announcement about my special, and I wanted to say something that was real.
Speaker 1: So I had the crowd up here. I could have said good night.
Speaker 3: I took it down and I explained what this special was meant to me, how it got here, and it was a very hard felm.
Speaker 1: If you listened to that video, you could tell people's ride with me. I didn't have to. I ain't gotta get on standing though.
Speaker 3: Right there, I said, I made my points, and I knew I was gonna use this, so I thought that they was giving me the light. I'm like, I'm the last one. Everybody else's been kind of weak. I was wondering why they was stretching it right. I was like, for me just to do ten minutes outter people been waiting for the room out to make those sense. So I did go a little bit over my time. I would have my time not knowing that anybody else was on the show.
Speaker 1: I thought I was closing.
Speaker 4: They at to get you off the stage for the headline.
Speaker 1: No, there wasn't. You're not paying I'm so focused. Yeah listen.
Speaker 3: Well no, Corey was headlining, right, So I'm I knew what off my time, but they would let me do that. I didn't do it this long enough. If I want to run the light a little bit, I can do it. Yeah, Okay, I'm down there at Orleans, right, so I'm leaving. Good night, good night. And then they said we got one more guests coming up from from the thirty thirty podcasts or whatever number it is. Yeah, yeah, And they said blah blah blah, And I was like, oh, I want to listen to this.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And the reason why I wanted to listen to it, I had already wanted to talk to this guy. Why.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna tell you why because I was fed up and like a lot of comedians, up with the antics of why everything that comes out your month has to be negative and shit on people? I wanted to have a conversation, not just for me, but for the comedy community. Why is it that you always have to talk shit about people? And nobody asked you. I could see if you go on somebody platform and said what you think about so and so? But you volunteering this negative information. And you know how close I am with this guy, you know, yeah, you know how close and with Day And he made some comments about Day and you could go on your platform and you could say, I'm just I'm just telling that you. I'm afraid what is the purpose of saying that making a comment? And I understand this And I heard you on your podcast or Dave he be bombing, all right?
Speaker 1: First off, not you.
Speaker 3: I'm saying I've listened to The Brilliant Dummies or whatever the dame and that show is right and like and you're like, uh, he'd be bombing. First off, if you see Day Chappelle in a comedy like night like d ray mondays right, yeah, that he's not in there practicing for a special. This is what I was trying to make He's not in there. You know why he's in there because he's black. He loves black people, and he want his Black people to feel that I'm still accessible, to feel that I could pop in, to feel like, Yo, the guy who is you call a goat still wants to hang.
Speaker 6: Out with y'all, which I experienced myself.
Speaker 3: Yeah, before you know what that is and you going in there just what people understanding. This is why when I asked him about that, he was like, hey, be bombing. I was like, it's a workout. It's a workout. Guess how you get new jokes by jokes not working. You think that Dave Chapelle or anybody it's going to go into these nights, especially with the phones running everything, and go up there and give you a show that he charges five and six.
Speaker 1: Hundred dollars for. He's going up there to do what to be Dave?
Speaker 3: To sit up there, They're going to smoke a cigarette if you want to, he going up there the chill and who are you to sit in the dark with the mic?
Speaker 1: What in the dark? The critic like, oh, he ain't so and so.
Speaker 3: If you want to, if you really want to test the motherfucker to go to an arena show when we perform for twenty or twenty thousand people and we set the stuff for flame that those rooms are designed for people not to be critical.
Speaker 1: That's what those rooms for. But why you let it bother you?
Speaker 2: Because you know we've been in those rooms. You know, I've seen you in a small venue and I've seen you in huge venues.
Speaker 1: I said, we've seen David's Why did I let what bother me? But why are you letting what he said bother you? Because you know what it is? You know, you don't know I'm sensitive. I'm sensitive, okay, and then I'm sensitive.
Speaker 6: And then even with you, you know, outside of being sensitive, this is a person that always does this shit like all the time. You know what I'm saying, It's the same thing, And the only way that you can actually ever get to him, to talk to him, is if you pop up on him. Because even in my experience, I mean I'm talking about this person has talked about me years and years and years. Try to apologize through another comedian, Nah, I don't send me deray to apologize to me. I want you to apologize to me as a mother because of the ship you said about my son.
Speaker 1: I'm saying, this is win you and then then I had to call you.
Speaker 6: I'm talking about block my number out to call you, and you answer the phone like you know what I'm saying, and then you apologize, And then I would have never made those those comments about.
Speaker 1: You had I knew you were a comedian.
Speaker 6: What what that got to do with me being on a meeting apologized before he has on the phone, and then later and later you get on that mic again, on on on the show whatever, on your podcast show, which is like the only thing you have, you know what I'm saying, and you talk about me, and you talk about me, and you talk about So he cannot leave our names and the names of the greats in the name of the people that he cannot beat on a Netflix, on anything else, in any other realm out of his mouth.
Speaker 1: He can't do that. So that's all he has is that Mike and that Dorna and in that cold corner.
Speaker 3: You know, without anybody being able to respond, without having an opinion of anybody. And here's the thing, whether you know it or not, it was so many comedians that called me and said thank you.
Speaker 1: And going back to your question, is that I look at that question. I listen.
Speaker 3: Yes, you asked questions. Back to your point, is that uh, him like I'm a good friend. People want to say all this ship. Well even with that, he was like when I had a special or Dave Chappelle put him on. What you don't know is Netflix had already agreed to do a special with me, produced by Dave or not.
Speaker 4: So what what if they didn't put you on?
Speaker 1: So what I'm saying, I'm answering like dumb questions. You know what I'm saying, and just what people don't understand.
Speaker 5: And this is what the lawd to just handing out specials. That's the point that are very deserving it.
Speaker 3: That's the point I'm making. But people don't understand that any success somebody get hard work. Whatever they want to say, you had to do so and so. So you dismissing work ethics, you're dismissing going hard, you dismissing god.
Speaker 1: You take people. See, no, I'm not.
Speaker 4: Saying you know, I'm just saying this, but it just makes sense.
Speaker 2: It's like if I wanted to do a podcast, right, why wouldn't I go to Charlemagne who has his own podcast. Right, that's my guy, and he's gonna hopefully look out the best interest. Even when I was doing my book, I called charlamage and say, yo, these are the terms for the book.
Speaker 1: What do you think he's done it before?
Speaker 3: My next question is if you written more than three books, did you have to give relationships for three books?
Speaker 1: Or is that just in the book hand out?
Speaker 3: I knew, I knew it was up section hand yo. But again going back to it, when I when I spoke out and I will do I will do this. There's an unwritten move that comedians not supposed to heckle, and it wasn't a heckle right when I when I said what I said, I felt like I did that not just for myself but for so many comedians. That's like, enough is enough. It's not gonna change anything. You're gonna listen to this and you're gonna figure out how to make some content out of this, and you're gonna be your respond Yeah, but what are you what is it gonna respond to? Just like even when responded what he said he ugly and here's the thing you want to be Okay, I'm ugly, So.
Speaker 1: Well, Okay, I gotta agree with him on that. I wouldn't say guess who I'm not trying to impress with my looks. You nigga, that you.
Speaker 5: Here's the thing.
Speaker 1: Here's the thing.
Speaker 3: Everything with that situation, thank you, everything with that situation, Like you're this year that all right? So you're judging a man like you looked at me and said, I'm ugly, So who's fine to you me?
Speaker 1: I'm not talking to you.
Speaker 3: If you want to criticize somebody, look like, oh he's ugly, So just tell me who you think is fine. So that means you you're looking at dudes. But that's when you that's when you oh no, no, Donnelle ugly. But guess who's fine?
Speaker 1: Y'all? Are you going to say that next? And then and then at the end of the day, this interview was not supposed to be about this, but at.
Speaker 3: The end of the day.
Speaker 1: But at the end of the day, please, I'm not well.
Speaker 5: Can the question could you and Corey ever get on the same page? I think him and just what was different? Because what I need to get on talking about somebody? But could you will say this?
Speaker 1: He was with me, he was for me.
Speaker 3: I respected him. You know, everybody don't agree with his style of comedy. And I've said this to people before, like to be able to have the skill set and I say, Patresea O'Neil was like this to have a set skill set where you could have people like angry wanting to leave, like this is disgusting, and then one joke you got him laughing. There's something to be said about that dark comedy, you know what I'm saying. And that's why I've always shown that I don't talk to comedians. I don't hang out with comedians. He was one of the guys that when I see him, I'm like, what's up. We would talk, we would talk, we would talk, so it was kind of talk. It was kind of interesting to me that when this hits like this, let's keep it what it is. You know, like the situation you would have with him. I was like this, I fight you all day. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: You talking to me him figuratively speaking.
Speaker 4: Yeah, please please groan.
Speaker 1: Come on, don you're what I.
Speaker 3: Called him, a provocator. It's not gonna work. Let's just let the interview stand and say we're not gonna fight. We will fight, and you know what he'll how We'll fight. We'll fight on success, We'll fight on what we're doing.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying. I know how to beat certain people. Just keep just keep going. I don't I don't have to do.
Speaker 4: That's the subjective to though.
Speaker 3: Yeah it is, Yeah, but I know what he wants. He wants, he wants what everybody else has mm hmm. But what you're going to do, and then you paint the narrative that the only way you can get that is to do a certain thing.
Speaker 1: You don't have to do that.
Speaker 3: Work ethics still win. As much as crazy as is. Work ethics still win. I remember years ago, it was me, we were at the Uptown Comedy Club. You laughed because I said that.
Speaker 4: Transition was crazy.
Speaker 1: Let him go.
Speaker 4: Everything sound so sad?
Speaker 3: Okay, so what you said, I'm a walking you're notited Negro college from commercial yo white, I'll say, I'll say, I'll say, oh man, all right, damn it.
Speaker 1: Years ago this is an example of how you fight. Years ago, we were was an Uptown comic club. It was me Dave.
Speaker 3: We were in the backstage on in the loading dock area. It was me Dave, me Dave, Tracy Morgan Mike Epps at that time, Tracy Morgan, for whatever reason, they was beefing on each other. Beef go way back, just like Tracy Morgan and Mike Epps. All right, they were beef on each other right to the point where they was getting ready. We were back here on this Lodan doctor and they was getting ready to fight. Interesting enough, Dave was there and Dave, they was getting ready to go at it. And Dave got between both of them and he said, yo, don't fight right here. And it was a happened to be a TV back in the stage right and he pointed to the TV. He said, this is where y'all need to fight. Get a TV show. Fight with your success. That's why I could go back and forth with this with him. But I'm not gonna do that. I'm gonna continue to walk my walk. I'm gonna continue to do what I do. And I realized, sometimes you gotta let the people fight your battles.
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 3: The fans have spoken. The fans have said, what it is. My special is a good special. No, it's a great special.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: All Right, it's a great special. It's a great special. When I say that in the sense of what I wanted to do, Comedy is subjective to whatever style you like. But I tell everybody, even told all my people did I work with? I said, people going to be able to rageous however they want. I said, well, what you can deny is that the special feels good if people are watching it. Have you seen any change? And like, I know it's only been a week, but have you seen any change in like, you know.
Speaker 4: You your career since this came out.
Speaker 3: I feel like the thing that was really in my favorite that I've had, I had momentum before this special came out. I started seeing my ticket sales. This is just from the grinder. I started seeing that, even my manager and everything, this is like a two year process. And everybody was like when it's special, when a specially come out? I said, can we just say my special is never coming out?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 3: I said, let's just work like say it's never gonna come out because it's easy to work, and now we got a tool to work with. Let's just keep on our path of it's never gonna come out, right. But what I do know is it's only been like two weeks or a week sends out when I did a couple of shows. Here's another thing about the Grind and the Mud. The day that my special came out, next day, I was charted too right following day for people talking about he couldn't handle certain rooms. The next day I did t I room in Atlanta. Yeah, and that room is a room that would destroy you. They weren't even thinking about comedy. They was ready wrapping everything when in that joint, you know them clubs where you can't have a marker read the machine. The fuck you may be funny and all that, and for me, maybe I'm weird. I could have been like, oh, I'm too good for this. It took me back to when I was doing comedy the first two years, when every comic was going up there, they was bombing and whatever.
Speaker 4: And then we're proud of you doing talking about right now, but we're proud of you, and we got you to get basket. We got down to a nice gift basket.
Speaker 5: Is to get proud of him. In his new special, his new Netflix special, A New Day. We got you cause I know you like to cook and I know you like to smoke, So we got you something.
Speaker 3: So when I went back to this ghetto room, right, but you know I won't say this is my favorite?
Speaker 4: Which one?
Speaker 1: Which one?
Speaker 5: Which one?
Speaker 1: This green one?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 5: We got him.
Speaker 4: You got.
Speaker 1: You gotta tell people what you tell him.
Speaker 5: We have him some mild green pepper tobacco saucey okay.
Speaker 4: We have the Sweet Baby Rays Going Maze.
Speaker 5: Sauce, mild Buffalo wing sauce.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 5: We have the Taco Bell mild sauce for you the favorites, that's right. We have Kinders barbecue sauce, Honey hot miles.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 5: We have the Ortaga mild original Tacos house we even got this is good too.
Speaker 4: We have the Peggy's Marinade wing dips straight from Pennsylvania. You got to to fight at right. This is mild as well.
Speaker 5: And we have a lot of black and mild black and black and mild cigars.
Speaker 1: I know you like to smoke.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, donal.
Speaker 1: Okay, anything else? That's it? All right?
Speaker 3: Damn anybody, anybody I wanted to give some gifts. The only place somebody go to the bathroom and give me a wash rag for somebody's career that's washed up. Do you got the hand to show the body wash?
Speaker 1: Do you have something? We do? We have anything washed?
Speaker 4: Are you going to use the product wash? There's some good stuff in there.
Speaker 1: We know. We put some thought into that down Now, you thought this was going to be a hate gift, but it's not. I was not.
Speaker 4: That's not a hate gift.
Speaker 5: I know what you like.
Speaker 1: I like that. That was very good.
Speaker 4: It's thoughtful.
Speaker 1: You like to cook.
Speaker 4: You always cooking in Ohio.
Speaker 1: Right, that's a very bomb.
Speaker 6: It was the last thing I was saying before I was interrupted with it, saying it took you back to your first two years. When I went back after doing the Netflix thing, and I went back to where I started in the in the in the gutter. I did that show and I felt accomplished with that. I was like, yeah, you can say whatever you want, but I can still go in there. And what I'll do is I don't have a beef, but I will say the thing what I was saying earlier. You could talk to me, you could be for me as a man. But this is the dirty, grimy part is when you start throwing a person's family in it, and you've had an experiences like this where you came out of your normal self to defend your family and.
Speaker 1: Your family, stop it. You know what it is.
Speaker 3: If we're gonna talk about it, talk about I'm not joking. Yeah, Well, you know, the greatest comedian in the history of comedy said something about my family.
Speaker 4: That's comedian in the history.
Speaker 3: Oh he's not He's not that great. So I was thinking about somebody else, you know, had to like when I did what I did, And I have a I don't have no problem saying I shouldn't have yelled out. I don't have no problem saying that. But it was just pinned up. But you go on your platform and then you want to talk about me. That's cool, your looks and everything. You want to bring my family involved. You want to involve my family. You want to post and I know this stuff is Google, but on your platform that's filled with hate. You want to put a picture of my family, my baby mother and my son. First off, okay, I remember that. That's different. You're that's very dirty because now in a negative climate that your show is people seeing that they got to be out in public. You don't know how people going to react. That's the problem. And I was like, I don't want to entertain this because it's good stuff going on, but I have a problem.
Speaker 1: Keep it fair.
Speaker 3: You want to fuck with me, fuck with me, believe that out of it. Have you'all spoke, Nah, I don't really have it.
Speaker 6: I don't really, But then you have to understand something too. This man doesn't respect his own family, you know, you know, he says things like, you know, fuck his daughter, fuck his mom, and shit like that. So I at some point it's like, there's no making up with a person like this, there is no trying to understand, to sit down like that type of person needs healing and therapy of his own And the thing that's why.
Speaker 1: I said that prayer earlier. The thing is, there is no reason too for me to do it.
Speaker 3: I've already started with limited contact, always started with a mutual respect. But if you lose respect for me, I lose respect for you. And even when I say what I say on stage, Now one time did I berate him, That one time did I say anything bad about his comedy. No, one time I say anything about his family. That one time I say anything bad about him.
Speaker 1: I explained to what I am.
Speaker 3: And I know that there's nobody gonna believe that I'm a mild comic. There's nobody gonna believe that I'm not.
Speaker 1: So you think here's there's a.
Speaker 4: Lot of people that don't know what you're even talking about right now. That's what I'm saying, Like, why he got this?
Speaker 1: Go put that on your scorpion.
Speaker 4: Be a whole hour.
Speaker 1: Yes you did. It wasn't we didn't.
Speaker 4: You have a great special called a New Day is Netflix right now? Make it a new day, donew.
Speaker 3: Here's the thing this conversation there wasn't. This conversation wasn't specific to one's person. There was a conversation about this industry and how people move. And like you said, uh, it's a new day, it's a new dawn. It's a new life for me. And I'm feeling good down there rawlins Netflix special. It's still charging on Netflix, and I want to say I appreciate this time, appreciate it was good to see you.
Speaker 5: Congratulations always it's always good to see you, Donel.
Speaker 1: I want to say congratulations. I really, I really appreciate you. I really appreciate you.
Speaker 4: I support you. I want everybody to get along. You know what I'm saying. I want you and Corey to make up. Don't have to say nothing.
Speaker 1: You know, I appreciate you for joining us. It's a new dog. It's live for me alright, feeling good. Wake that ass up in the morning. Breakfast club