Speaker 1: It's nine Ogen Onegine with Jenny Garth and Tory Spelling. Girls, Girls, Girls on the Side.
Speaker 2: There's three there. Oh wow, what a title?
Speaker 1: Girls on the side, not on top?
Speaker 2: Get the title not underneath?
Speaker 3: Is it because Valerie is the girl on the side?
Speaker 2: They're side pieces? I guess titles a little ra we're main courses, We're no side dishes.
Speaker 1: Well, welcome everybody to the pod. It's us again. Yeah, can't get rid of us. We're here talking about episode twenty eight right.
Speaker 2: Season five.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, Yes, aired May third, nineteen ninety five.
Speaker 3: Synopsis, Oh sorry, I got over my skis there, Tori? Sorry?
Speaker 2: Synopsis. A drunk lou Anne Pruetz spills the beans about Ray and Valerie, leaving Claire and David disgusted, while Donna remains in the dark. Jesse makes a sacrifice for love, Dylan is still in love, and Charlie is loving the thought of a threesome. Meanwhile, Kelly trials to Claremont, only to find out her fellow burn victim Alison lash is in love with her.
Speaker 1: Directed by Victor Lowell, written by Meredith dim Steams Dimon.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure I see that him.
Speaker 3: Sorry, MAV three. Three things that are standing out to.
Speaker 1: Me right now already already ever want to have to do with the beginning of the episode.
Speaker 3: I can't wait to talk about that. But it has to do with the director. Okay, Victor Lowell with the shot of the green defender pulling up and then he like fully zooms in on the lights and then the car act.
Speaker 2: Up, it was like, you were impressed.
Speaker 3: I was just sort of like, why are we doing?
Speaker 2: Like he's just like a cool dude shot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, probably really into that car. Like my husband, he walked in during that exact and he.
Speaker 2: Was like, oh my god, I love that car.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was a great car. Number two Donna's.
Speaker 1: Hair, Okay, let's talk about that. We all have our episodes. Who We're all going to have our bad hair episodes.
Speaker 4: I just all I could think was like, oh God, the curling iron, crying hair, just rying it were.
Speaker 2: They held onto with baby bamps? Oh?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I do you think the clear bands? No?
Speaker 1: I think that was just sexual from my left fried into place.
Speaker 3: Curl spray, curl spray.
Speaker 1: The kind of like you know when they use your curling iron, the curling iron on you and you see smoke rising from it.
Speaker 2: Yes, and then they tell you no, it's just the product lines.
Speaker 1: Correct, always lying.
Speaker 4: So I go to a salon very close to my house out of pure laziness, and I am the youngest person in there fifty.
Speaker 3: Years by fifty years.
Speaker 4: Come on, it's all grandma's and not seventy year old grammas. Like literally, I'm not joking. Minimum age eighty five. And they love them.
Speaker 1: They love their perms and their latter girls, their favorite curl spray, curl sprut, curl spray. Well, that's about the age of your hairstylist at that time, so this is true.
Speaker 3: My third comment, now, I can't unsee that Ray's mom was Michael Keaton's wife. It's all I can think about the whole time she's on.
Speaker 2: She still look it up. Yeah, she's datacular.
Speaker 3: I have a little bit of fun facts.
Speaker 4: So Michael Keaton is really named Michael Douglas, has a son named Sean Douglas who's like a prolific songwriter, has written like so many pop hits it's crazy. And then I just keep thinking like it really the whole time, I'm like, that's his mom.
Speaker 3: That was Michael Keaton's wife. Like, why am I obsessed with this?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 3: Beetlejuice? Beetlejuice?
Speaker 2: Like juice one more time?
Speaker 1: Well, you know, we always wonder what are the things that Aby's going to obsess on in an episode, and now we know.
Speaker 3: I think it's because he's one of my crushes.
Speaker 2: And so Michael, I can fix it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I fixate on anything. Michael Keaton cute.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she was great in this episode. She's she's always great.
Speaker 2: Great.
Speaker 1: Okay, so now go go whoa?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: I want to do a little trivia? Sure, Okay, well Bray's mom who leu Anne? She's seen smoking inside the peach pit after dark? Yes, and the official Indoor Smoking Band took effect in La on January first, nineteen ninety five.
Speaker 2: What day is so long?
Speaker 1: This is aired.
Speaker 2: In May nineteen ninety five. Where are you?
Speaker 3: A bunch of criminals?
Speaker 2: Though?
Speaker 1: But do you remember that time when all of a sudden they said no, you can't smoke inside? And it took a while for people to start enforcing that, Like, I've never.
Speaker 3: Been happier about a law.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know. Can you remember what it was like to eat while smoke? And I went to.
Speaker 4: Nevada, We went and gambled in Nevada and Tahoe and they don't have that rule there. Still, immediately you're like it is burning. You're like, whoa, this is intense.
Speaker 1: It just makes you smell like a cigarette. If you don't want to smell like a cigarette, that's not great. If you do enjoy smelling like a stri Do you know.
Speaker 3: Good law that I'm sure some people hated. But can you smoke outside at a restaurant?
Speaker 2: Though?
Speaker 3: I feel like you can't smoke anywhere near.
Speaker 1: People on a patio? You can smoke outside AnyWho. That's the trivia your board couldn't tell?
Speaker 3: Okay, has some chocolate cigars? Happy Easter? Was Easter yesterday? Yes? Happy Easter?
Speaker 1: Did the bunny come?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: Did the buddy visit you? Did you get any chocolate cigars?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: We had chocolate cignars for the boys, not like someone has that little not the little boys, but the adult boys.
Speaker 3: Men got chocolate cigars.
Speaker 2: I like that idea.
Speaker 1: I should get it because they're marked off now you can get them real cheap. Anyway, do you want to give another trivia?
Speaker 2: Would you like me too?
Speaker 3: Sure?
Speaker 2: When Kelly was it's to Alison at the burn clinic. The address reads one four nine two zero Medical Center, which appears to be a location in Santa Monica, But when Kelly is on the phone with Brandon, she says, the burn Center is in Claremont.
Speaker 3: Oh, fun back there. So did you shoot it in Santa Monica?
Speaker 2: I suppose man might signer drive there? Sure is? I don't know. I just know Kelly didn't drive to Claremont. No, that would never have happened because she never gets to go anywhere.
Speaker 1: Claremont is the place they center on location. This is great?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 1: One another one?
Speaker 2: Yes, I love it? These are fun.
Speaker 1: The ups employee asks Kelly, this is funny, asks Kelly to sign for the package by asking for her Jane Hancock.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: The original term John Hamcock, a term coined after John No, I said Hamcock, I know it. It's term is John Hancock, a term coined after John Hancock signed the Declaration of Independence because the biggest signature of all.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he did it so big.
Speaker 2: Wait.
Speaker 4: I have a comment on that scene. Should we talk about it now or when we get to it.
Speaker 2: When we get to it, Okay, you got it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that one wasn't very exciting, but I did enjoy that scene, So we will talk.
Speaker 2: About that one when we get to it. Last one, Kelly and Steve are walking on the sidewalk. In the background you can see a restaurant called Gaucho Grill. It was in a chain that served Argentinian food in the nineteen nineties.
Speaker 3: It was actually delicious.
Speaker 2: It was I used to like that place.
Speaker 3: It on went it only went away like a little bit ago.
Speaker 1: Wait where we had one? Don't you feel like?
Speaker 2: We had one?
Speaker 1: And they would bring it in for like our lunches, sometimes possibly Gaucho.
Speaker 2: Grill, and I was like, I don't want gaucho grill.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and we had one on Santa Sunni and Brent wid Brent with La You remember, right.
Speaker 2: I'm just remembering when they would say what was for lunch? In that reaction to anything everything we'd.
Speaker 1: Also that's how my husband feels now every time we eat.
Speaker 3: I'm so weady like restaurant food.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we didn't around a lot, there was no but they would be all proud they made an executive decision. Imagine having you know, seven kids and like you have to go tell them here's what we're eating, and no one wants the same thing. So the front office came in strong with the decision. They had the menu and they'd be like, okay, guys, what do you want today? Is gaucho grill? And then the response would be I don't want that. The thing is.
Speaker 1: But they would come in like kind of nervous to present that the menu, the paper that they had zerox the menu on.
Speaker 2: The like sweating back there, like please let her say yes, let him say okay.
Speaker 4: Did only the big people get that? Or like what about the back ground people?
Speaker 2: No catering truck.
Speaker 1: I feel like they had I don't remember exactly. Sometimes they would have like a catering truck for the crew and the background, but the prima donna actors always like that's something special. Or they would say you go away for an hour, go get your walk away, get.
Speaker 2: Your own lunch. Really walking away. They wouldn't let us out. They'd be scared we wouldn't come back.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so they made a couple of bucks if you do that, probably not like eight dollars. But they would make us stay in our five by five cubicles with the lights off until it was time to work again. Did you have trailers?
Speaker 2: Not a hallway of rooms? They connected so we were all in the same hallway.
Speaker 3: Did you make them pretty?
Speaker 2: I tried once, We definitely tried.
Speaker 1: I just remembered my dressing room had a giant window, like you could see from the hallway into my dressing room. So I was like, can you guys put up some like mini plays.
Speaker 3: To the world.
Speaker 2: Oh god, No, that was forbidden. She wishes she would have written help.
Speaker 3: Oh gosh. Yeah, anyhow, Yeah, I have a set question coming up, but.
Speaker 2: I will hold it. Oh exciting.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, let's just start beach outs. We start on the beach house and Donna is a hotty inner bathing suit getting god sitting out there getting her skin fried, spraying like water, baby oil, baby oil, and Kelly uh is very nervous that she's going to get some skin damage.
Speaker 3: You were more in a moo moo and Donna was more in a hot bikin.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I was covering because I didn't want to get any sun on my.
Speaker 3: On My.
Speaker 2: Topic is back right, it's full force this episode.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're even like, uh.
Speaker 2: Nail it over the head. Make sure everyone remembers. Yeah, you say something. I don't know. I can't remember what you said, but it wasn't I hint.
Speaker 3: Mean, it was like not mean.
Speaker 1: I think that's the way that you know, when you're friends with each other, like that you can talk like that to each other.
Speaker 3: She's like, basically like get over it and give it some air.
Speaker 1: Take that bandage off so ugly, basically, let it breathe. It was really featured in this episode, but Kelly receives a package in that scene from seventeen magazine and it's her magazine cover framed so beautifully.
Speaker 2: It looks so good.
Speaker 3: Where I loved about that? Oh yeah, did you you have that? You should kept that.
Speaker 1: I feel like it's here in my house somewhere, and I just don't know where.
Speaker 3: I Peer thirty nine.
Speaker 4: You could go and like get your picture taken and they put it on a fake magazine.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, no, oh yeah.
Speaker 3: You could go and be on the cover of People or TV. Guy.
Speaker 1: Wait, what's Peer thirty nine.
Speaker 4: Oh, it's kind of like if you went to the Santa Monica Pier. So it's in San Francisco and it's like a very touristy place. So you know how like the Santa or the boardwalk in Santa Cruz, you know all those kind of places.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's like rides and like corn dogs and crap likes still today totally wow.
Speaker 1: Oh did you guys see they're redoing the Santa Monica Peer. I don't know when I saw a big thing on the news that they're redoing it.
Speaker 2: Ooh, that means it does. It's all rickety.
Speaker 1: It needs some security would be great too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a little yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, terrified of sending my kid there. Everybody's going to the pier, can I go?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: In thirty years, I've been there twice. I lived in La like literally thirty years and I've been there two times.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Okay, So now we're on the freeway doing some really cool unnecessary potray driving back into town scenes.
Speaker 3: What pause before we.
Speaker 4: Get to that, I briefly have to mention there's a new angle of the beach house. It swung around and showed the steps going up and that's real.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I had a pause on that.
Speaker 2: That was it.
Speaker 1: Well, I was like, is that okay? So that's the door everybody enters through. They have to climb up those stairs.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 1: And then that door kind of matched our door where people came in and out, so that yes, nobody ever acted like they had just climbed to fly to stairs.
Speaker 4: No, it's very confusing. Then it switches there's the back door on the front door. So they showed the sort of street, so the houses on the whatever you'd call it, the water, and there's like the walking bike path, there's a tiny there's a main drag, and then there's sort of a tiny street and so it sort of showed the tiny street and that's the real door, and then it.
Speaker 3: Was like to the set.
Speaker 4: So the ups lady obviously came to the set with that sort of fake white.
Speaker 3: Picket which wasn't there, and Kelly opens the door, almost said, Jenny opens it.
Speaker 1: So back to the freeway. Yeah, you loved all the driving shots, the unnecessary driving shots.
Speaker 3: Didn't you, guys? Because first of all, here's what was like blowing my mind. All I'm like, where are we? Where are we?
Speaker 4: Okay, we're coming down from Magic Mountain and we're getting where the five is.
Speaker 3: And then I was like, is he gonna take the four or five?
Speaker 4: And he was really driving like that, He was really driving that truck.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 4: And they were getting all those shots and it wasn't like he was like on one of those fake car things. No, they were getting him really drive in that truck and they showed the license plate. He is the blue and yellow license plate, the old license plates.
Speaker 1: Yeah, his truck is cool. But I think maybe they did that with like a second unit, because that's a big deal to go take the whole you know, basically afon or half a day to go out and shoot some drive shots.
Speaker 3: Oh. I was like to Dana helicopterly, how are they doing this?
Speaker 1: It was so awesome. They had a drone and.
Speaker 4: Then he switched he had the old The truck had the gear shift, which I think we learned from Donna driving it on the tree thing on the tree.
Speaker 3: Yeah, thank you, Tori, and he shift gears. I was like, this is legit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it looked real.
Speaker 2: That was rap.
Speaker 1: He gets home and he tells her that he's back to play the peach Pit after dark and invites Leu Anne to.
Speaker 2: His show Risky.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he didn't want to.
Speaker 1: And he tells his mom not to tell Donna that Valerie showed up in Reno to convince him to come back.
Speaker 2: I feel like that's right at all.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't think that secret is safe with Mama. No. I feel uncomfortable with this trust issue.
Speaker 2: Here.
Speaker 1: Okay, So we're at the Walsh House. Brandon is headed to Sacramento for a school business.
Speaker 3: My god, Steve, they make him so dumb, oh.
Speaker 1: Man, and he goes he walk up. Cindy comes in and she's so excited about her magazine cover that she got at the Ralphs there and Kelly is very upset about her scars and lashes out at Steve.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and a little bit like she was so prickly.
Speaker 1: That's why we get We find out, Oh, she's really not excited about being on the cover of that magazine, which is Hello, because.
Speaker 3: She misses her old neck.
Speaker 1: I guess nobody's really having much sympathy for it, because it's kind of silly, like they can, they could make you look however they want you to, like they take it away.
Speaker 4: And your scars are not bad barely they're barely there.
Speaker 1: And then at the we'll just get there, never mind, I'll wait. So yeah, Kelly storms out of the room and Steve is left feeling like it's his fault, but really it's Brandon's fault. No, it's not just saying.
Speaker 3: That literally is okay, Yeah.
Speaker 1: It was weird because like this is the first time we've seen the Walshes in a minute totally, and this time the scene wasn't about their storylines anything to do with the Walshes, And that's I think one of the only things he said in that scene.
Speaker 4: Reminds me of do your teens say that to you guys all the time?
Speaker 3: You know how like are you okay?
Speaker 2: Are you okay? Oh?
Speaker 1: I hate that, but I started doing it now just because it irritates me so much when they say are you okay? When I'm literally just like reacting to something, or if I don't like a food, I put it in my mouth and like or like I say something that they don't agree with.
Speaker 2: Are you okay? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Making okay?
Speaker 3: You know Danielle Romo that we all work with. Her favorite thing to do is when.
Speaker 4: She messes up, like if she writes an email it has like a mistake.
Speaker 3: Then she writes back, am I okay.
Speaker 1: It's become a thing, but now it's fun to do. Try to do it.
Speaker 2: Do it today.
Speaker 1: I'll make you feel like superior. Then then you're like, oh, I see why they do it all the time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, totally. Anyway, this so far this episode is a ten.
Speaker 2: You're liking it peach Pit.
Speaker 1: Peach Pit, we get to see the dills. He is staring at his ex girlfriend on the cover of seventeen magazines.
Speaker 3: Yeah that was That was kind of cool in a sad way.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Charlie, though, tells him to put it a way so they can focus on the screenplay.
Speaker 3: Charlie's getting so much.
Speaker 2: Screen time for what why? Why you're in a movie?
Speaker 1: I don't get this. Why he's on the show.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, he must be a friend of somebody. Episode.
Speaker 3: Yeah, is this when val comes over?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Valerie comes over and she's so happy to be with the guys.
Speaker 4: Yeah, she's got a hint of a crop top and she's very cute and smiley, and yet it's weird.
Speaker 1: Yeah it's she And then she likes to button that scene with something snarky.
Speaker 4: She's super low key genius though, she's very smart, like she know all about the minajatoy and the movie. So she's always impressing me with her brains. But then it's like, I don't know, I don't trust her.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it gets weirder, just wait for it. The beach House. Kelly's getting a call from for a modeling job and quickly shuts it down. Then the rest of the game comes in and they come home with food and Kelly just walks away.
Speaker 2: She's so upset.
Speaker 4: The fire was going. Did you notice that? And then are we to assume that's food from the peach pit? I was assuming they picked it all up at the peach pit.
Speaker 1: Or gaucho grill or you do say do you want a burgers?
Speaker 3: I would have been like, say, yeah, I'm starving.
Speaker 1: She looked hungry. But she goes in a room and she's so conflicted and upset and she throws the picture against the wall and breaks it.
Speaker 2: Total.
Speaker 4: Okay, there's this TikTok going around that's like, what's something that you see on TV that we all accept on TV that never happens in real life? Purling glass across a room is something that only happens on TV that I would never do that.
Speaker 3: The mess stayed with me, like, Andy, did it not impact your life?
Speaker 1: It didn't seem to bother her, which I found talking about glass everywhere. Yeah, she's gonna get cut. She's sorry, guys, Oh my goodness. Yeah, the gang is out there eating their burgers.
Speaker 3: They're like, are you okay?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm good. Just drop something and shattered it on my wall. Thanks for noticing.
Speaker 2: I just dropped on a carpeted room and it shattered. It shattered.
Speaker 4: Oh and then she and then you kind of had your cry moment. A lot of acting for you in this episode.
Speaker 3: Jenny, but like a little bit of a like thirty years later, a little bit. I'm laughing at it.
Speaker 2: But yet it was good. Well, I liked it. It was fun to do you cry.
Speaker 3: On cue there? Did you need those drops? You told me about those drops.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: You'll never know if my tears were real, or if our tears were real, or if it was just makeup.
Speaker 3: It was good. It was good.
Speaker 1: We go to Andrea's house with her purple walls. Oh yeah, you cannot handle that paint color. Andrea with the baby feeding.
Speaker 3: Is this the baby feeding?
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's Jesse gets excited because he got a job offer and Boise.
Speaker 3: The walls were fine.
Speaker 4: It was Andrea's checkered shirt over their They just did me in.
Speaker 1: I was like, oh no, but but they're like all good now they're back together, they're supporting.
Speaker 3: Each other, and she's moving the Idaho.
Speaker 1: Does he I've forgotten already, you guys, don't be mad. Does he know about her affair? Yes, yes, right, I'm sorry. This is cheese of a brain.
Speaker 2: You didn't have either. I cared so little that I already oh, oh my god.
Speaker 4: Yes, we have the whole episode and they were fighting. It was all kind of tight.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, Jeopardy episode two, and he was way mad. I remember he goes to Dylan's and stays there and says I'm not gonna go, and then all he does is ear right.
Speaker 2: That was like two episodes ago. Totally. I worry about you guys. Yeah you should.
Speaker 1: Then we go to the Outdoor Cafe, which is this was exciting. We were somewhere new. Were you excited about? Where were we?
Speaker 2: Oh? God?
Speaker 3: I was trying so hard.
Speaker 2: It felt like one of those did you do the coordinates? Did you find you look on your website, but.
Speaker 4: Like if somebody could look maybe on the nine O two one zero locations.
Speaker 1: I needed to know outdoor cafe. Well, it's somewhere we've never seen it. I couldn't quite put it together either, But then I saw an AMC like in the background, so then I realized, I think that was done at the Santa Monica promenade. Like on Fourth Street, the old one. Yeah, before they like for it was like the Georgia.
Speaker 4: Makes sense because if you were shooting in Santa Monica, maybe they're like, do you know what I mean? At the medical center, maybe they were like, hey, let's be smart about this.
Speaker 1: That's yes, Yes, she's being like a producer one permit. So Kelly meets her mom and Steve there. They try to Convincess to meet the guy with a good reputation in the modeling business, and.
Speaker 4: Steve was cute, Oh is cute? Smarmy like is he gonna want money out of this?
Speaker 3: But cute?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I think she says, what do you want to this? And he's like, I just want.
Speaker 3: To part of this whole scene.
Speaker 2: Do you guys know when they walk away, yes, and he.
Speaker 4: Kisses her cheek and it's almost like you're so playful and it's sort of like you didn't even care if you're still on camera or not.
Speaker 3: So freaking cute.
Speaker 2: I think I pushed him away or something. You get away.
Speaker 4: It's so freaking cute. Like that was a great That was a great whole All of this is good.
Speaker 2: They we're going to go.
Speaker 1: Back to Ray's house where Luanne shows Ray her spiffy little outfit for the show, which I liked, and he tells her she's a tad bit overdressed.
Speaker 3: It was very nineties.
Speaker 2: She doesn't get much, No, she doesn't.
Speaker 1: It was I liked the matchingess of the tipatedness, and.
Speaker 3: I think she's already drinking.
Speaker 1: And yeah that's the thing, he says, whoa when did that start again? Yeah, so we can see that. You know, this is something he's definitely dealt with all his life. Probably is is his mom's drinking. And she really downplays it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's just you can tell resh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you can tell he's really not cool with it, and he knows what's going to happen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's seen it before.
Speaker 1: Back at the cafe, Kelly and Steve walk out of the meeting feeling super optimistic about her modeling career. Yeah, it was great, and then they spot Dana.
Speaker 4: The magazines stand don't gloss over the two kids that say is.
Speaker 1: The sorry, Well, do you know who the two kids are? Right, they're the same two kids that are always on our show.
Speaker 2: Her producers.
Speaker 1: Yes, there was the Rosen kids. And then Chuck Rosen's wife Karen was is Dana Alison's member, Dana Alison's girlfriend, the girl got burned.
Speaker 2: This is her can friend? Wait?
Speaker 1: This is Dana's her. Dana's girlfriend is now Chuck Rosen's wife. No, the lover, her lover, Her lover is Chuck Rosen's wife, the.
Speaker 3: One that owns the house or lives at the house with her.
Speaker 2: No, that is oh my god, And I missed that.
Speaker 1: Really, I don't know, because there's a whole nother scene where she talks a lot.
Speaker 3: Wait, she's amazing.
Speaker 4: Okay, that's okay, very good stuff here, okay, And I have wondered where.
Speaker 2: That all was shot.
Speaker 1: I think the promenade that's starting to make sense because they have this is way before Third Street was Third Street. They didn't even have that magazine stand there anymore.
Speaker 3: No, first of all, you know all the magazine stands are like all now.
Speaker 2: It's so sad.
Speaker 1: I think there's one studio city. I think that's on Lorc Canyon, the one by Whole Food's gone, so sad. AnyWho, Kelly apologizes to Dana, who she sees there and says, I'm so sorry for not answering her calls, and asks how Alison is doing, and Dana pretty much blows her off, walks away, Yeah and uncomfs. Yeah, something's going down there. Obviously they've broken up because she's all handy handy with the yeah. Yeah so yeah. Peach Pit after Dark, where Ray is getting ready for his show and he spots his mom getting even more drunk at the bottom.
Speaker 4: Donna looking hot in the black yep, the little black.
Speaker 1: Every shirt now is a bit is a tummy shower?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: Yeah, forbidden to not where? Yeah, everything has to be showing the tom tum. Listen, I don't blame you. What happens?
Speaker 2: What happens? Valerie tries to cut Luanne off.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, so that was This was a good scene. So first Ray, Donna thinks Ray should eat something. It's gonna be a big night. And then Ray's like, I just want my mom out of here, and Donna's like, I don't want to do it.
Speaker 3: And then she orders another drink and did you see Valerie gives the hand to the bartender. No cut her off because.
Speaker 1: She's the boss, she's the owner, she's the big wig there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then it got awkward with the mom.
Speaker 1: And then Valerie says, David and Clara will take you home. Why are they there to are they there to do whatever? Valerie says, they don't have calves in this era, there was no uber Nope.
Speaker 3: No, yeah, I guess, I guess. Yeah. They just work for her. So they're going to take her home, and then then they're really carrying her out.
Speaker 2: She's really drunk.
Speaker 1: She can't even walk at this point, which is a little odd for a woman of her age and her history with you know, alcohol consumption. She could probably handle her booze a little bit better than that, I'm just saying.
Speaker 2: But David and Claire to carry her out.
Speaker 1: To the car, you know, the yep, and she spills the beans.
Speaker 3: And as David's buckling her in respect that we're all wearing seat belts now, and she spills the.
Speaker 1: Bees, and Claire says in vino veritas, oh yeah, She's like, it's Latin dipshit. But they agree not to say anything about this new bombshell that Leu Anne just dropped because they want to protect Anna.
Speaker 3: Would you say something if you had heard.
Speaker 1: I think I would be like I would trump probably handle it like Claire, just like ease into it, not just go in there and blurt it out like you know, like she probably wanted to, Like I would have wanted to be like, oh my god, I'm gonna kick his ass or whatever.
Speaker 4: I don't think that said something up, but I would say it.
Speaker 2: To Valerie, right, but even a credible source exactly so, and she's wasted, so they don't know it could be.
Speaker 1: But I feel like they really do believe her because then in a little bit we'll get to a David axe on it. So, Okay, you want to go to Charlie's house and hear about how no it's Dylan's house, but you want to go and hear how Charlie wants to have a threesome.
Speaker 2: Not really do we have to? Don't want to hear that? Yeah, I had to read it. I can't see it. So he wants to have a threesome with Valerie.
Speaker 1: And then and then Dylan say, you know, then Charlie tells Dylan to go after Kelly if he wants her so bad, or bring her over for a threesome.
Speaker 3: That was important.
Speaker 1: That was important, Yeah, because it kind of shows again they're just kind of like really bringing it home that Dylan's still struggling well.
Speaker 4: And it builds us up to what's coming, one of the most iconic phrases in all of nine O two one ohero not chet, I know, but we're it's getting us getting there.
Speaker 1: In Sacramento, Brandon and Kelly are on the phone. Oh he's sweet, he's gone, you know, that's how he should be. After his work is complete, he goes back to his room and calls his girlfriend.
Speaker 4: And you know what we didn't talk about that I want to briefly talk about is the scene where when Kelly storms it off and she goes outside and Brandon goes after her and they can't they have that.
Speaker 3: You know, he said, I don't care about your scars, like.
Speaker 4: Forgot about that there's and he sort of makes some sort of a sixteen seventeen eighteen. I don't I don't even understand what that was, but I kind of.
Speaker 1: It was being sweets, being so cute.
Speaker 3: And then they have that kiss, a very romantic, dramatic kiss, and they have each other. Yeah, they do for now, for now.
Speaker 1: And Kelly tells him then that she wants to go visit Alison at the burn clinic.
Speaker 3: So back at the peach Bit, David and Claire are.
Speaker 1: Sweety okay, good, you should go.
Speaker 3: No, you shouldn't. You should go, Like he's just gonna do whatever she wants, right, Well, I should go, and he's like you should. Oh maybe I don't want to. You shouldn't, don't go.
Speaker 2: Yeah. It was cute.
Speaker 1: He's like, I'm gonna say the right thing, right no matter what.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, sorry, continued.
Speaker 1: David and Claire disgusted when they see Valerie, Donn and Ray posing for their picture together at the Peapad and it's just so it's so stilted, like it's so up, you know.
Speaker 2: Kiss him, kiss him? That was that was yeah.
Speaker 3: Oh we never talked about the jumping out of the car. I really liked this.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, please.
Speaker 4: In this earlier scene when they pull up in the scene, I liked with the direction and then the two girls have to sort of be bop out of the back and then don't worry, you know.
Speaker 1: I kind of love that you were Like. I could tell Donna was in for a she was in for a good time tonight. She was ready to like, yeah.
Speaker 3: She had Jeemy for Crop Code and she was extra sassy, very sassy. I loved. Yeah, we're going on a double date.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was a lot. That was more Tory than Donna.
Speaker 2: It was like, yeah, she comes.
Speaker 4: Sorry, I'm jumping around so much because I'm forgetting all the nuggets. I was going to give this a low score for some reason when I went to bed less.
Speaker 1: Then you've changed.
Speaker 3: I mean a low score for me is like I was gonna give it an eight, but now it's.
Speaker 1: Really what'd you give last week's episode of.
Speaker 3: Two two I did not care for squash it and thanks to the people that also chimed in on Instagram that also did not care.
Speaker 2: For it, they didn't like it either. You never tell us what they say.
Speaker 4: Oh they got there. I mean there's a few people that liked squash it. I can't remember, was squash it last week or was that?
Speaker 3: Yes? Okay, yeah, a few people liked squash it, but not so much.
Speaker 1: Some people don't care for Squashuh. Then Kelly drives to clairemont air Right to visit Alison, only to be turned away.
Speaker 3: By the nurse.
Speaker 2: She just wanted to talk to her.
Speaker 3: I want to see you, which I saw that coming.
Speaker 1: The little boy that came in and sat next to her, and that's what was the significant.
Speaker 3: So that was he I thought maybe he was burned.
Speaker 1: He was a burn victim also, Yeah, and it just kind of like made her feel did he talk?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was sort of expecting them to have a moment and then.
Speaker 2: Maybe that got cut just one of her own.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, fellow burn victim.
Speaker 1: And then Kelly goes to visit Alison's ex girlfriend Dana. Yeah, how does she know.
Speaker 2: Where she lives?
Speaker 3: It's Chuck Rosen's wife.
Speaker 1: How does she know where they live? These things I never discussed. I guess, Okay, well pages she doesn't even know her last name, though.
Speaker 3: She finds it, just like Martin McFly found her. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And then she shares some time with Dana's new girlfriend, Kate played by Karen Rosen So and also I enjoyed her performance. She was very soft on, combative and very level headed as the new girlfriend. I really enjoyed it. I thought she did a great job.
Speaker 3: Ye had a couple of snarks.
Speaker 4: This episode had some snarkiness, which I'm here for it because remember she's like, do you want the villium now or whatever it was, do you want that tranquilizer now?
Speaker 2: Yeah? She had some cute little like sarcasm.
Speaker 1: And then she tells Kelly that Alison dumped Dana, because Alison is in love with Kelly dumped the twist. When did that happen.
Speaker 3: In the bathroom? We knew it because remember you two were supposed to kiss.
Speaker 2: Wait where there was a kiss? You know, They're like, we're gonna die, so we might as well kiss kiss there.
Speaker 1: If I was dying, I would not be like, let me kiss a strange girl.
Speaker 2: She told us.
Speaker 3: There was there was a kiss or something and maybe it's coming. I don't know anyway going she said the kiss was cut right, Yeah, yeah, I don't remember prison out, like, I don't know if they ever even got shot. I feel like Jenny would maybe remember that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, chances are slim doubtful. Okay, So back at Ray's house, David confronts Ray. This is what I'm talking about. He drives up on him and says, yo, bro, yeah, I know what you did last summer, and he walks away and he says, but.
Speaker 2: I'm watching you. Yeah, And I felt real intimidated.
Speaker 3: I'm glad they said it, though, because I don't want to deal with the like Three's company of it, you know how I always hate that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they understanding, like I don't want them knowing and not telling Ray be so annoying.
Speaker 3: It's like, tell him, yeah, start to get a.
Speaker 1: Good expert friend friend, move on David's part, and then ray el a his mom's his mom for telling on him?
Speaker 3: He really, what did you tell them?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I get scared in that house, crazy goes down in there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm like that was a lot.
Speaker 1: But I also noticed in that in that house that they're shooting at as Ray's house, that's a real house and it had, you know, it had all like the real grime that you would have in a house that's been used and not probably taken the best care of. Like all the walls were a little dirty pood.
Speaker 3: Hikes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I get it.
Speaker 1: Good set agree Valerie's office. Claire confronts Valerie. So David's doing his part and happy about yep. She warns her to stay away from Ray. I don't know if Andre is gonna I mean, if Valerie's who's why is Andre there? I don't know Valeries going to respec.
Speaker 2: Back to that. No, she'll do whatever she wants.
Speaker 1: She's probably not afraid of Claire, right, No, but she just seems so.
Speaker 3: I don't know, it just adds to her sort of being the oh like, oh, man, you know what I mean again?
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 1: We go back to the Purple House, I mean Andrea's house, where Jesse tells Andrea that he turned down the job because there was no medical school for her there.
Speaker 2: That was cool, that was cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah, very good because she's got to move with him, and.
Speaker 3: Yeah, us up for what's gonna happen.
Speaker 2: Don't tell me, don't tell me?
Speaker 1: Okay, did you.
Speaker 3: Literally not know?
Speaker 2: I literally do not know.
Speaker 1: How many times do I have to tell you?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 1: Well, I know because Jesse isn't on the show anymore, so right.
Speaker 3: You know, they leave, but you don't know where they go.
Speaker 2: She keeps saying Jesse, like she's not sure there's two people leaving.
Speaker 1: Oh sorry, oh my god. Okay, yeah, that's coming. Now you've told me, and now I remember a little bit. We go to the Beach House, where Kelly gets a call from Alison, who apologizes for not letting her in the hospital room.
Speaker 3: Shot only by the eyes.
Speaker 2: That was dramatic.
Speaker 1: It's like a slow creep up on her back, like you can't see her, it's dark. You see her eyes and you're like, oh, things must be bad, poor baby. She makes Kelly promise to come see her face in a month after her last skin graft, and Kelly promises, So I guess she's going back to Claremont.
Speaker 3: And then all of a sudden the episode was over.
Speaker 1: Yeah, brostending. Whoa that was not before Kelly pulls off her little mitten for Michael Jackson.
Speaker 4: Mitton's getting a scene where she says she doesn't need it anymore to Brandon.
Speaker 3: Did I make that up? Or that you make that up?
Speaker 2: She just takes it off.
Speaker 3: I think she says to somebody, I don't need it anymore.
Speaker 2: Sure, okay, I think it might. If not, it sounds good right there.
Speaker 1: So that would be about closing for the episode. That'd be great, I feel okay.
Speaker 4: So I had a weird situation with my paramount. Plus the thing came up that said next episode starts in twenty seven seconds or do you want to watch the credits? And I'm like, this thing's not over. So I told it to watch the credits. And I think there's another scene that you.
Speaker 3: Didn't get because you didn't.
Speaker 1: Say went right to the next episode. I was like, that is such a weird ending.
Speaker 3: And I think there is a scene where happened. I think, what do you mean did you watch it? Well? Yeah, I mean it was last night, but I was so befuddled by the weird thing coming up.
Speaker 1: That I'm like, what, Yeah, it was, and I.
Speaker 4: Think somehow she sees Brandon and he's like, you're not wearing your bandage and she says I don't needed anymore, and then and.
Speaker 1: Seeing okay, well that would make more sense.
Speaker 3: Yeah that's where I got.
Speaker 2: That's weird, all of that, and then that's the end.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well yeah she did say I don't need it anymore.
Speaker 3: Els was acting crazy.
Speaker 1: I know, I felt like I was missing something, and thank you for confirming.
Speaker 4: And also, this is a total sidebar speaking of Paramount Plus, but they have this new show called ELL's Beeth and it is so good. Right, Okay, So there was the Good Fight and then there was The Good Wife.
Speaker 3: Did you guys watch any of those shows?
Speaker 2: Nope?
Speaker 4: And then now there's the spin off, Elsbeth and they premiered it a month ago and the episode was amazing, and.
Speaker 3: We still don't have episode two. We have to wait a whole other week.
Speaker 4: Why would you premiere a show and then we make me wait a month? Paramount Plus, I'm a little peeved by that.
Speaker 1: I think they feel like they're, you know, getting setting the tone of like or building up city.
Speaker 3: Yeah, maybe building up fans to come back.
Speaker 4: But I'm like, check in for this thing every day and then finally it's like April fourth.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry Amy that that happened to you. Okay, we get back to the show.
Speaker 3: I loved this episode.
Speaker 2: Now, well what do you give it?
Speaker 1: What do you give it?
Speaker 3: I was giving it an eight, but I think I'm gonna give it a ninety two?
Speaker 2: Whoa point two?
Speaker 4: With all that truck drive the truck and the crazy defender backing up and drunk lu Wayne, and all right, you can give her whatever you are the shots in Santa Monica or wherever you were at the restaurant.
Speaker 2: Get for cars and for shots. She likes.
Speaker 1: She likes the feeling of the whole episode, not just like specifics. Yeah, what do you give it to her? I feel like this is going to be like low but not Okay.
Speaker 2: I'm making it higher because I'm embarrassed. I feel bad. A seven? Whoa you really jumped? Yeah? I was happy? Yeah, no, I hear you.
Speaker 3: I was happy to see all our gang.
Speaker 2: Uh huh. Finally people back together.
Speaker 3: Ish. Yeah, we didn't get everybody had a little m.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I didn't like the Dylan stuff. But I guess we're working up to something.
Speaker 2: You I don't want to see Charlie anymore.
Speaker 3: You're not gonna like next week.
Speaker 1: Is Charlie going to stay on it?
Speaker 2: I feel like a bad influence.
Speaker 1: I think he's a bad influence. Ye'll see that.
Speaker 3: I think next week is referred to as some by some as like the worst episode ever.
Speaker 1: One of the worst episodes ever is coming. I'm so excited for that.
Speaker 3: Me too.
Speaker 1: I'm going to give it like a seven to probably a six, I don't know. Seven yeah, seven definitely.
Speaker 2: Really not a good one. Good Yeah, no, it was.
Speaker 3: You're right.
Speaker 1: The next episode does anybody out there know? Is the next episode? Episode twenty nine? The real McCoy it's the Old West? Is that the worst episode on the series.
Speaker 3: I don't think the worst of the series.
Speaker 2: Some people thought the Old West one was the worst.
Speaker 4: One, one of the bad ones. I for some reason, my mind was really spinning. I think we jumped the shark, not next season, but seven season seven is one. I was for some reason my mind was spinning last night, being like When does Luke leave? When does Jason lee? Like, I just don't know why.
Speaker 3: I think it's menopause because my brain's just going well.
Speaker 1: I think it's better if you kind of have the like mentality that I have, Like you've never seen it and you don't know what's coming, and you don't have any expectations and it's all going to be fun in a surprise.
Speaker 2: So just relax, Okay.
Speaker 3: I always jump ahead. But it's fine. Good stuff, guys.
Speaker 4: Good performances both of you in the episode, I mean fine, fine performances in the podcast, but really good to them.
Speaker 1: Thanks, Thanks, What do you give us Suffer Today podcast?
Speaker 3: I'll give you a solid seven?
Speaker 2: Whoa for us? She's harsh.
Speaker 1: I like that though, fair, fair, fair.
Speaker 3: That's anything else you guys want to share before we go, I'm not ready to leave yet.
Speaker 1: Happy Easter, hoppy Easter. Yeah, hope everybody had a nice time with their families.
Speaker 3: I found chocolate peeps the chocolates. The peep is like they put the peep into the chocolate. What are you I'll find I'll try and send you guys up.
Speaker 2: Wait, like an.
Speaker 1: Actual peep stuffed in a chocolate Yeah, or just the essence of a peep stuffed.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, a full peep. A full peep is poking out of the chocolate. It's almost like they cook the chocolate. I don't know how you cook chocolate, and right at that moment they placed the peep in before that heart.
Speaker 2: Interesting. We do a peak Taste challenge every year, all the strange flavored peeps and the kids tasted and try to say what it is.
Speaker 3: Oh, that's a fun game. As good as this stinky yeah, almost as good as a stinky jelly belly game.
Speaker 2: Oh boozled, bean boozled.
Speaker 3: Oh god no, but it tastes like socks or toothings or whatever.
Speaker 2: Booger beans. Perfect.
Speaker 1: Everybody, have a great wheat. I love you.