Speaker 1: You were your focused this offseason as far as you know, trying to take your game.
Speaker 2: To even a higher level.
Speaker 3: My focus, I would say my focus was tryna correct my weaknesses from last year. So I think I was working on getting in and out of my breaks a little quicker and finishing a little bit better on you know, some of those pbu's I obviously called more interception that I did in my career l last year.
Speaker 2: But I'm trying to catch some more next year.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying, consider that, uh kind of I mean I wouldn't catching them, So yeah, I I felt like it was kind of like a weakness.
Speaker 4: There were some penalties that you had early in the season that went away late in the season. Was that an adjustment by you or just the way that the games were called?
Speaker 1: Uh throughout the season?
Speaker 3: I don't know, man, last week, I mean last year, every time I got a pendancey it was like a different.
Speaker 2: A different reason from the referee. So maybe they started.
Speaker 3: Calling different later in the season towards the playoffs. But hopefully they don't pick on me like they did last year. For this season.
Speaker 2: You took your game to another level last year, it seem boy like the end of the season, you you were extremely confident.
Speaker 3: Yeah, our pro mooney, yep, first time being our pro so definitely, uh, definitely took it to another level.
Speaker 2: Last year.
Speaker 3: You can do was freet uhuh catching some interceptions. It's just their confidence, you know, knowing I'm a big dog, knowing I I was the number one corner you know on this team.
Speaker 2: So I feel like I had to play like that and I did last year.
Speaker 1: What are the last thing, as building the respect among officials that maybe you know, when you get on pro maybe they don't call as many things on someone who's established as just as far as uh or instead of someone they.
Speaker 5: Don't know all that well.
Speaker 3: Uh, I honestly don't know, man I I this year, I'm just focused on try to play, you know, try to play the game clean as I can.
Speaker 2: Try to keep my hands clean.
Speaker 3: Not grab, you know, not hold if I do hold, if I was hold it last year. So i'm'a just try to keep my hand hands as clean as possible this year.
Speaker 5: So at what point in the off season did you did you feel like you were fully back from the the surgery and how have you felt here in just the first.
Speaker 3: Few days oh, you said, at what point did I feel sh I felt good like couple months after, but like right now doing the football movements again.
Speaker 2: It it do? It feel kind of weird?
Speaker 3: You know, it's not hurting or anything like that, but it's just like my body feel kind of brand new to me, you know what I mean. So the doctor went in there kind of repaired a bunch of those soft tissue muscles. So it it it feels different right now, and I'm getting kind of accustomed back to that, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: What is your game? Say that one time game?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 2: I think he scrappy. He a real good competitor.
Speaker 3: He played with good balance, like his stands like amazing, good stands, good balance.
Speaker 2: Uh, super competitor, you know.
Speaker 3: So I think he gonna be able to come in and contribute for for sure?
Speaker 1: Is he this group of corners you've had since you've been.
Speaker 2: Here, deepest group of corners? Uh? Sh shit, I don't know. Uh, we'll see, we'll see you like got demo inside or outside? Uh? Both? I like 'em both. I feel like he can be all pro Pro Bowl at in both positions. And my opinion, where.
Speaker 5: Do you feel that he's grown the most in a couple of years have been playing alongside him.
Speaker 3: Oh demo, Yeah, Uh, just his confidence, his technique and uh you know he getting that bleef from the coaches now that they that they that they can throw him inside or outside and he gonna ball it, you know in you the spot.
Speaker 2: So I feel like just their confidence for sure.
Speaker 1: What do you what do you think of would what'd you think of that pick that he had the other day?
Speaker 2: Uh, amazing play.
Speaker 3: I think he a you know, quiet young kid, but uh, super competitive, are real smart. He talk a lot on the field, but like not as much out the field. So I mean I think he gonna he could He'll be a big dog one day.
Speaker 2: He's gonna take some time. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Your career, you played on teams that have had high expectations, deep playoff runs.
Speaker 2: Disappointing losses, but you know, teams that essentially kind.
Speaker 3: Of always fell bounce back, yeah, and go deep again the next year.
Speaker 2: What what do you feel has been a key you know for all those teams?
Speaker 3: Uh, just a collection of talent we got and great coaches. This year, new opportunity. You know, he didn't finish how he wanted to finish the last year but you know it's the first start. Everybody's zero and zero right now, so you know, this year, we gotta try to finish that thing off.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you've been on both sides of that super Bowl, winning one and losing more. When you going through the process of kind of recovering from losing one.
Speaker 2: What what?
Speaker 5: How did you kind of get through it or move past it?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 5: W What was your process?
Speaker 2: I mean I moved past those losses pretty quick. You know.
Speaker 3: I try to be a real positive person. So I mean it'll hurt, but I'm not gonna like just be depressed, cause you know, life it goes on.
Speaker 2: So I mean I'm over it.
Speaker 3: Probably like out there a week or two, and I'm really focused on next season and getting better, you know, for the next year. You know, we still got a family, so you know, I go home to my daughter and my girl and I just be chilling with them and happy.
Speaker 1: Got different going again some pretty or even like maybe.
Speaker 2: Debo or this year.
Speaker 3: Nope, mm, they gonna be the I mean they they it's bark pretty, the Deebo Sam. You know, we know they talented. Uh it's new year, man, they gonna come out and you know, be as good as they were last year or better stay, but please say