Speaker 1: You're listening to Comedy Central.
Speaker 2: From the most trusted journalists at Comedy Central.
Speaker 1: It's America's only sources for news. It's The Daily Show with your host from.
Speaker 3: Me, Sam.
Speaker 1: Hi. Welcome to The Daily Show. Why Ronnie Shang? We got so much talk about tonight, So let's get right into today's top story. I know you goddamn hippies like the Brave blame Donald Trump for everything up in the country, but hey, not everything that happens is his fault. He has a whole administration that can up for him. So let's find out the laatest in our new segment, The Worst Wing. What a bunch of losers. By now, we all know the story about how Trump's team included a reporter in their war planning group chat, and we don't need to hear it again, but it is super funny, So let's hear about it again this morning Forum.
Speaker 4: From that stunning lapse in national security, Secretary of Defense Pete Hegseth, along with other top members of President Trump's national security team, sharing details about a planned large scale attack on Yemen earlier this month on the commercial message app Signal and inadvertently including journalist Jeffrey Goldberg. On that chain, heg Seth shared operational details of forthcoming strikes, weapons deploying, and attack sequencing.
Speaker 5: Goldberg also reported that when it comes to security, we are currently clean on opsec. That's the acronym used for operational security.
Speaker 1: Oh haha, ha ha. You think that's funny, don't you that the stupid secretary Defense is so stupid and all drunk that he texted or clean on opsec when there's a reporter right in the group chat. Yeah, well, laugh it up, people, because unlike you, I have human empathy for these people who are just trying their best to kill other humans, all right, And I guarantee that if anyone in this audience had that group chats leaked, it would ruin every single one of your lives. I personally have chats that are actually more sensitive than a missoll attack on the Hoho thies. Okay, if you told me that my group chats leaked and then told me it was just my misottack one, I'd be like, oh my god, thank god, thank got it. And by the way, it wasn't even Pete Hegseth who added him. It was some other incompetent guy at the highest levels of government. Okay, like you think heg Seth has the editor of the Atlantic magazine saved in his phone? No way, all right? If heg Seth alto filled the contact into a group chat, it would be like Tampa Bay blonde with bugs bunny tattoo. But still you gotta ask, how did this happen? I mean, don't you guys have tech support in the government. I mean what, oh, oh, okay, well, okay, well, if you asked me, adding a reporter wasn't even the most embarrassing thing to happen on this group chat.
Speaker 4: According to Goldberg, the administration officials reacting after the strikes excellent, a good start. Waltz even sending several emojis?
Speaker 1: Is anyone else kind of upset that we're conducting war by emoji?
Speaker 6: Now?
Speaker 1: I mean, what what does this even mean?
Speaker 6: What?
Speaker 1: I'm gonna fist the flag and then lighted on fire. Like there's a reason why you don't use emojis for life and death situations. It's too open to interpretation. Okay, Like imagine if your doctor texted you a crab emoji, right, and now you're going, oh my god, I have crabs and your doctor has to be like, lol, no, it's the astrology sign for cancer. So you have cancer. But now everyone is yelling at them about this breach of national security or whatever, and the Department of Defense is having trouble defending themselves. Luckily, all of MAGA is there to help them come to argument one. Nobody's perfect.
Speaker 7: Well there's a mistake.
Speaker 8: You know, we make mistakes.
Speaker 9: We all make mistakes, and that happens.
Speaker 1: You look at a mistake and we got to move on.
Speaker 10: Well, it was a mistake.
Speaker 6: Like I said before, it was a mistake.
Speaker 11: Everyone makes mistakes.
Speaker 12: Is that sufficient accountability to you to recognize that someone made a mistake and moving on?
Speaker 9: Because I don't see that same standard being held.
Speaker 11: Baris, people the sound bite already.
Speaker 9: I gave you the sound bite already.
Speaker 1: Boris, I gave you the sound bite. Stop asking follow up questions. If I wanted to talk to a journalist, I'd be on a private group chat with petere Haig sat So cut it out, Like, come on, what we're just calling this a mistake now, Like look, my door dasher for getting straws is a mistake that can be rectified with one star and no tip. Okay, but this feels like a major up and the acting like nobody will care about this, and honestly, they're probably rights. I mean, nothing seems to matter anymore anyway, and everyone will forget this in a few days when Trump sends the new snow White to Gitmo. And even if they didn't accidentally add a journalist into this group chat, they weren't supposed to be talking about this stuff on Signal in the first place. Okay, Signal might be a good app for you and me and a local drug dealer, but it's not for the Pentagon to plan wars.
Speaker 11: On One former White House official told Politico their personal phones are all hackable, and it's highly likely that foreign intelligence services are sitting on their phones watching them type the shit out.
Speaker 1: That's right, Foreign adversaries could be watching whatever Pete Hegseth types into his phone, like bar near me or how to fool breathtalyzer or how to uncrash cars. But if you're not satisfied with it was just a mistake, they have another defense. It was just a mistake that was awesome.
Speaker 7: The bigger takeaway for me is it's an insight, a transparent insight into the thought process and dialogue of our national leaders. If you read the content of these messages, I think you'll come away proud that these are the leaders making these decisions in America.
Speaker 5: What you did see, though, I think, was top level officials doing their job, doing it well, and executing on a plan with a precision.
Speaker 1: Wait for precision. I mean even your texts weren't hitting the intended targets all right, Like forget the who thies. I'm surprised you didn't accidentally blow up HOODI and a blowfish. This is like if your sex tape leaked and you're like, hey, I'm glad you saw all of it. Okay, this proves my dick works. By the way, Mike Johnson, if you're watching a sex tape is when two people love each other very much, but they also want to masturbate later. Just to summarize, the Trump administration admitted this happened, but it was a small mistake, and it was a good thing that happened. But also, what if the reporter made the whole thing up?
Speaker 6: Not a good reporter.
Speaker 13: Jeffrey Goldberg from the Atlantic, one of the biggest fokes artists around.
Speaker 1: It happened to know the guy's in total sleeves burg. The Atlantic.
Speaker 9: The Atlantic is a failed magazine does very very poorly.
Speaker 12: You're talking about a deceitful and highly discredited so called journalist who's made a profession of pedaling hoaxes time and time again. This is the guy that pedals in garbage.
Speaker 1: Right, So this reporter who is dishonest and sucks is also correct. And also we added him to our group chat because he's a fun hang. I mean, you can't use it was a mistake and it was fake news. You gotta pick one, Okay, you gotta get together and figure it out. Okay, but not in a group chat. No more group chats. But you know, but you know, you know what. All's well, that ends well. The good news is that no one got hurt except for the people of Yemen, and I guess it will be okay as long as everyone involved learned their lesson.
Speaker 9: Peter exit questions.
Speaker 3: And I don't know if you know the answer.
Speaker 12: Are they ever gonna use signal again for something like this?
Speaker 1: It seems like yes they will.
Speaker 13: Okay, good enough.
Speaker 1: Okay, good enough, yep, good good good good. We solved it good. Of course, everyone is wondering what the scandal means for America's national security under Donald Trump, But there's another important question, what does it mean for journalism? And the answer is something that's gonna make a great movie.
Speaker 10: Last time the president broke in Watergate, this time he's going to steal the whole damn hotel I got.
Speaker 1: I can't believe that.
Speaker 10: It's not about what you believe, It's about the truth.
Speaker 1: Okay, little intense reporting.
Speaker 10: This story will take all the skills you have.
Speaker 8: Right, I'm going to hit the streets, work the phones, meet sources at underground parking garages. Oh wait, the President just added me to a group chat. I have the whole thing right here.
Speaker 10: What No, that's too easy. I got you this whole disguise.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I don't need it. It's all here, break in plans, cover up payments.
Speaker 1: Whoa what it's a lot of dick pics.
Speaker 10: But we have a source in a trench coat.
Speaker 1: Follow the money. Yeah, we don't need to. They posted the checks.
Speaker 5: Ah, a lot of dick pics.
Speaker 10: This doesn't make sense. Why would they just add you to Oh they added me to After we steal the hotel, let's bomb emoji around flag emoji. Then we all rain spurt emoji bitches, do you.
Speaker 8: Even have to write this story?
Speaker 10: I think we can just put out the screenshots.
Speaker 8: That doesn't really sound like work.
Speaker 10: Maybe if you put on the disguise.
Speaker 8: Yeah this is better drinks.
Speaker 10: Yeah, that's a lot of dicks.
Speaker 1: There are the oscars. Now, when we come back, Jordan and I get mad about much madness.
Speaker 2: Don't go well, Welcome back to the Daily Show.
Speaker 1: I think I speak for everyone when I say politics rules and sports rules. For a full recap of the biggest stories in the world of jocks and straps, we turned to Sports War Ready for.
Speaker 7: You by Gambly Cambly.
Speaker 13: Dear, all right, what's something I'm not sum right, Shad, and I'm Jordan Klepper. This is Sports War, the show where we are legally not allowed to agree with each other. For example, if I say that athletes should be allowed to take steroids to get.
Speaker 1: Bigger, then I say that athletes should be getting smaller like a man. I want teeny tiny little athletes.
Speaker 9: That's nuts, Ronnie, Come on, how would they even pick up a basketball?
Speaker 1: Ants can lift fifty times that body weight. Try culturing yourself and watching a Marvel movie, you moron.
Speaker 9: I watched your Marvel movie.
Speaker 1: What was it called? Right, nobody remembers, Oh really, well, how many Marvel movies will you?
Speaker 9: And I'm more of a theater guy, thank you very much. Himisde or something like that. Anyway, let's start things off with March Madness, the time of year when people yell Gonzaga and not just during orgasm. But this year, the odds of March didn't bring much of the madness.
Speaker 10: It's actually been an oddly team start to March Madness.
Speaker 1: We didn't get those typical upsets that were used to it. The top four seeds in each region a combined sixteen oh in the first round for the first time since two thy Seventeen of the.
Speaker 5: First thirty two games in the first round twenty were won by double digits.
Speaker 1: Wow, just like Jordan over here, this year's tournament. So okay, we get it, we get it, we get it. Okayck where's the drama? Where's the crazy upsets? The only reason I watched these games is to see dupe fans crying to the ascods. Well, my Cinderella stories ad usually there's at least one fairy tale underdog with a starting lineup of guys that all have hot conditions and whose team is just integrated for the first time.
Speaker 9: Ronnie, I can't tell which is more busted, your bracket or your face. Look, this has been an incredible tournament. I only want to watch major colleges, not some team like Mount Sinai Bumfrey getting shell lack by a top dog in the Sweet sixteen. Honestly, this is the most excited I've been for Sweet sixteen since Ronnie's King Senira.
Speaker 1: Okay Kinsinnira is at fifteen pendejo also ni ken Sandeira, moi excellante.
Speaker 9: Oh that layover in Madrid did some wonders, Ronnie, Which brings us to our super Sweet sixteen Better than night which college mascot will be the first to do over The pants stuff at the Sweet sixteen as always brought to you by Gambling, It's the fun way to sell your house.
Speaker 1: Moving on, despite the lack of March Madness upsets, there was one Cinderella story that the entire world could get behind. It's one of the biggest stars of March Madness.
Speaker 12: In the men's side, isn't even a player twelve seed McNeese state Cinderella run is over, but.
Speaker 9: People fell in love with their student manager, Amir Khan aka Ara.
Speaker 12: He's like their hype man popularity, reportedly landing a mer at least ten nil deals with major brands, earning into the six figures.
Speaker 13: Con going viral this season for leading his team out to play carrying a boombox.
Speaker 1: CO love this kid.
Speaker 9: Aura Khan deserves these endorsement deals because he's done the impossible. He put mcneise on the map before con, I thought mcneise was the name of the third Kulkin brother. Now now I know it's the best school in the state of I want to say, mcneise.
Speaker 1: I don't know, Jordan, did your brain tear its acl? Okay, we shouldn't be giving an equipment manager endorsement deals. It's against the natural order of things. The jocks get the endorsement deals and the glory and the girls and the nerds get to get beat up by the jocks, then start social media companies that warp the brains of the jocks. They eventually vote against their own interests, which brings us to my bracket buster Better than Night, which random nerd will get an endorsement deal. Next brought to you by Gambling Gambling as Thomas Jefferson once said it ain't gay if it's a pallay. Now it's time for our Sports War halftime report with Grace Coolansmith.
Speaker 3: Thanks Ronnie. So far it's been a pretty underwhelming performance.
Speaker 1: By both hosts.
Speaker 3: There is one major upset to report. I'm very upset I had to witness this. But now I'd like to give everyone an update on the NCAA Women's basketball Tournament's Grace.
Speaker 1: I want to go back to the line to girl anyway.
Speaker 3: Whoa.
Speaker 6: Moving on?
Speaker 9: From the balls on the court to balls off the court, away from the basketball arena. It's a different kind of March Madness is.
Speaker 14: Underway every year around this time. Doctor sees surgeon men scheduling vasectomies. Men figure if they're going to be laid up on the couch for a couple of days, it might as well be in a time when there's something to watch on TV, like forty eight basketball games in four days. You all just start catching on, even offering deals with slogans like it's hip to get sniffed. Others offer basketball shaped ice packs.
Speaker 1: Bravo, Bravo, I love dudes. This is exactly what the secondomy is all about watching sports alone with a bag of frozen peas on your junk. I mean me, I'm on my eleventh vasectomy this year. Is that why you missed my wedding?
Speaker 15: No?
Speaker 1: I missed it because I don't like to see you happy.
Speaker 9: Okay, look much like your pnis. Your argument is completely mangled. Look, these vasectomies are a disaster. If people are having vasectomies, they aren't having kids. If people aren't having kids, then those kids aren't playing sports. And if they're not playing sports, then I can't bet on their little league games. Now I look like a psycho betting on little league games when there's no children on the field. I'm not a psycho, Ronnie.
Speaker 1: I just need a little artload to bet over five hundred so Daddy can get back to even which brings me too. By Ballbuster Better than Night?
Speaker 9: Will the Bakersfield Junior Astros score more than twenty two runs in the Pee Week quarterfinals? Brought to you by gambling? It's like a vasectomy for your wallet.
Speaker 1: Did before we go, let's strow it back to Grace for a postgame report.
Speaker 3: Thanks, Ronnie. Looking at the numbers, we had three swear words seventeen dick jokes and two men wasting what little life they have left. And now quick update on the women's brackets. All the tiers.
Speaker 9: Join us next week when we debate whether Vanessa Trump would look better with Tiger Woods or Tony the Tiger.
Speaker 1: Okay, it's hard to say, Jordan. Tony the Tiger is a massive dom All right, I've seen it. Bring these Sirial's naked. Hi, Welcome back to the Daily Show. My guest tonight is the first woman, first Asian, first, Michelle to be elected mayor Boston. Please welcome Mayor Michelle ro standing ovation, no standing ovation in New York. Well, the mayor of Boston. That's very hot to get. That's the first time I love you. I don't usually make demographics such a big deal, but like, how did you become mayor?
Speaker 6: You know many days Boston of Boston. I asked myself that question too.
Speaker 1: Well, what's the answer.
Speaker 15: So I grew up in an immigrant family, and it was never ever in the list of things that you were supposed to think about or do. I just did what my parents wanted, worked hard, played piano, played badminton, did all the things.
Speaker 1: Yeah, went to law school.
Speaker 15: So I found my way to Boston for school, and in the midst of all that, my mom began to really struggle with men health challenges. So I found myself in my early twenties raising my two younger sisters, taking care of my mom. And Boston has really given me everything that I cherish in my life. The healthcare that saved my mom's life, the schools that helped me and my family get to where we are, and now I get to raise my family with my husband, Connor. We have two boys in the schools, a two month old little old girl. And Okay, it's the best city in the world.
Speaker 1: Okay, it's okay. That's great. First of all, first of all New York forever. And second of all, so how did you become the male Boston instead of answered, I don't know if you've been to Boston, but this is not the demographic for mayor of Boston. Like, you came to my show when I was there, while I was doing stand up there. You were very nicely change so shows at wilbur not the brag and you can't. And my DJ was there. My DJ is like a Chicago Korean American guy, and I was like, oh, that's the male of Boston, and he was like, what, you.
Speaker 15: Might be surprised by Boston. Next time you come, we'll have to take you around a little more.
Speaker 1: But how did you convince these guys we're an.
Speaker 15: Incredibly diverse, welcoming, beautiful city. We are, we are a majority people of color, we're twenty eight percent people born from another country, and Boston is a place where people have always come for almost four hundred years.
Speaker 6: To make good in the world. But also, okay, don't don't make me go against New York are better sports teams, no.
Speaker 1: Matter they gave you a standing openship, Why did you No, No, this isn't about New York business. This is not about Newopic's Boston, because New York is clearly better I'm saying. I'm saying, no, no, no, it's not about that. It's not about who's a better city, which we clearly are. It's more that how did you get those guys to vote for you, because that's this is not the demographic that how did you convince them to put you in charge.
Speaker 15: I've been through a lot with my family, and in those hardest moments, it often felt like government was the place we had to fight against instead of something to help us through, you know, in the middle of the emergency room or trying to navigate the school system. And there are so many families out there who are working their hardest, trying to do their best, and in many ways, we just have to make sure that the supports that are needed are not only there funded, but also connected to every community.
Speaker 6: That's what I've been fighting for. I got to serve on the city council for eight years and.
Speaker 1: That's our fare. Okay, but right now it feels like everyone, you know, politicians, Everyone hates politicians now more than ever, Like why did you get Like what made you want to put yourself out there to get into this? You know, it's a thankless job.
Speaker 6: It's not a new thing. I would say.
Speaker 15: I remember all the time growing up, my parents would say to me and my siblings, we hate the mayor in Mandarin, like when you become when you grow up, get a job that pays well, is very stable and won't get you in trouble. So I've now been drag before Congress, threatened with criminal prosecution, working really hard.
Speaker 6: But at the end of the day, this is where it matters.
Speaker 15: All of the programs that we put in place, to keep the streets clean, to make our schools actually supportive for our students, to protect people in our communities in a really scary moment.
Speaker 6: That is what city government is for sure. And so.
Speaker 1: Again, like you, I think you won your last election. I sixty four percent of the vote, was that right? So you're incredibly popular in Boston and they trust you to run the city. How did you convince these Boston people?
Speaker 6: How hard do I have to say it? I ran to make sure that families would have a place.
Speaker 1: Why you believe you?
Speaker 6: And you back it up with work.
Speaker 15: Every day that I started on the city Council, I was out in neighborhood meetings. I was writing policies that we now have in place to protect our communities and give people opportunity. And it's about making sure that everyone feels part of the decisions that are being made.
Speaker 1: Okay, you see this optimism.
Speaker 15: I'm not.
Speaker 3: I can't.
Speaker 1: So you became mayor of Boston at like thirty six, which is pretty insane.
Speaker 6: Like that's it's like, you know, how the you're saying I did just turn forty?
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, I know You're born in the same year. So I'm like damn this, this woman became a mayor already. I'm still here telling dig jokes, but like this, no matter like something about Boston. You're like the youngest successful Boston person running Boston since like the old Epstein, the best of the Epsteins, he was like the youngest gm of I don't know why they trusted you. I mean, obviously you're very good at your job. What's the toughest thing you facing Boston?
Speaker 6: Boston is a very passionate city.
Speaker 15: We cheer hard for our sports teams, and people look at politics and government and being involved in themmunity the same way. And it's pretty hard to make the greatest city on Earth even better. But we are working every day to make sure that housing costs can be brought down.
Speaker 1: You're running the day to day of the city rights. What's the hottest thing day to day like mayoring in Boston.
Speaker 6: I think it's that.
Speaker 15: People have a lot to say and everyone's voice has a place in our community. And when you have so many decisions that come after a long history also of being a place where for four hundred years people have stood up for the right thing, fought hard to make a difference. Finding that consensus is complicated, it's beautiful. It's a hard job. You can't fake it in Boston. People will call you out. So you have to show up everywhere and keep working. And it's a hard job, but it's the best job.
Speaker 1: And I love it, okay, So like you, I just all right? So right now, you know you as a Democrat as well. Democrats, I don't know if you've seen the news lately, incredibly unpopular in this country. I could not be less popular. Everyone hates everything they're doing. So how do you everyone hates that, Like, I don't know what the tempercent popular, whatever it is, it's horrible. How do you, as a Democratic mayor like do outreach to what I assume is a large percentage of your constituency that probably voted Republican and MAGA and Trump.
Speaker 15: Yeah, we have a lot of different views in Boston, Like in every community, I think we tend to be a place that speaks our mind and remembers our history as the community that's always invested in the greater good. We're home to the first public school in the country, the first public park, the first library free and open to all, and so you know, at the end of the day, we might not vote the same way, or worship the same way, or watch the same type of shows, or follow the same influencers or whatever. But you still want your streets to have potholes filled, you want your kids to go to the best schools, and you can't get away at the local level with just talking the talk.
Speaker 6: You really have to be out there making different.
Speaker 1: So you're saying you outreach by focusing on doing the work, doing the work that everyone agrees that should be done. Is that your method for success? Actually? Just yeah, doing the work? Yeah, so that's actually what you found. I'm genuinely curious. How I know you don't find it weird. I'm telling you most people watching this are like, how the hell?
Speaker 6: Let me tell Okay, let me tell you a little bit more about Boston.
Speaker 1: You didn't tell you Boston. Boston is my childhood Chinatown. Okay, I know Boston, Yeah, you grew I used to live in Manchester, New Hampshire. You drive to Boston for that was like a local Chinatown. We'll go there for supplies to bring it back to New Hampshire. But I don't know, if you know, there's not a lot of Malaysian grocery stores in Manchester, New Hampshire, so we would go to Boston to get it. So I know, I know Boston that's not even more surprised that you became.
Speaker 15: So Boston even today is probably different from those days. We are the safest major city in the country and it's thank you. But our historically low crime levels now we're at the lowest levels in at least seventy years when we first started reliably tracking. And that has come at the same time that we have invested the most in affordable housing, created more affordable housing than in twenty five years, invested in the most ever, young people in paid summer jobs, early college, build care.
Speaker 1: Do you think people are feeling this on the streets in Boston.
Speaker 6: There's a lot of.
Speaker 15: Work to do everywhere, but I think generally we want everyone to be involved. In Boston, we talk about where we've been, where we need to go, and there's a neighborhood meeting every other day or multiple of days.
Speaker 1: I'm so sorry for hopping on about this because I obviously a very popular in Boston. My thing right now is I'm wondering where if I can get a Democrat who's actually popular, which is very rare in this country. Every time I get to sit to someone who actually it seems like both sides of both tribes seem to get behind, such as yourself, I kind of focus on the kind of the outreach to the other tribe more so. For example, if someone was to tell you, you know, like recently got I guess you got testified in Congress about sanctuary cities, you know, which is one issue in many things, and you defended yourself. Well, what do you say to the people who uh in your constituency who might feel like, hey, why are we doing this? What's the big deal with this sanctuary city thing? If people are illegally in the country, shouldn't we arrest them and get rid of them? What is the big deal?
Speaker 15: Yeah, we are again, we're the safest city because we're safe for everyone in a community where over a court of your residence come from.
Speaker 6: We're born in another country.
Speaker 15: If people are afraid to drop their kids off at school or call nine one one when they need help, or share information when they actually haven't information to report about a crime that happened, that makes everyone less safe. Whether or not you are an immigrant, whether or not you're here in this country, six generations or just arrived. So we're really focused on being that home for everyone. And it's worked, and so all of the buzz around you know, whether these kinds of cities that are more welcoming for immigrants are more dangerous. It's about a false narrative that immigrants are somehow more likely to commit crimes or cause harm, and that is just simply not true. We know that in our city where our immigrant communities are, entrepreneurs are holding up our health, the best hospitals in the country, the universities and jobs that we all rely on, and in order to make sure that we can keep that progress going, everyone has to feel part of it.
Speaker 1: I guess.
Speaker 15: I guess.
Speaker 1: I mean with these I don't know whether these people from Boston or something. I don't know what's happening as people came from Boston. So what advice would you give to the Democrats running now about how to not be such loosers? All like connected, the connected the people more. It seems like that seems I don't know. I I truly don't understand what's happening because every day on this show we talk about some bullshit that happened, and then nothing seems to matter, and then I guess nothing matters anymore. So's there's clearly a disconnect between the Democrat Party or maybe politics in general. If you're being generous and the common people, right, there's some kind of there's something weird happening like that.
Speaker 15: Feel that way, yeah, And I mean in some ways my entire life, I've felt that way. In my family growing up with immigrant parents, government was scary. Government was the thing you're supposed to stay away from. It was parking tickets and taxes and all sorts of things that you know, just try to do your do your thing and stay out of trouble.
Speaker 1: And now you're the government.
Speaker 15: But I got into it because this is how to make a difference, And you can change people's lives every single day by just doing the work, by trying your hardest to focus on what is stressing out the residents in your community and day by day building on it to turn that around, involving people in the conversation and becoming a city where again we are home for everyone.
Speaker 6: And I think that's what it comes down to.
Speaker 15: If we do the work, if we listen to what people are saying about what's challenging in their lives, and we really focus on not just today but tomorrow and the generations to come after us. That is the legacy of Boston, and that's the legacy that I'm really proud to be able to carry on every day.
Speaker 1: Okay, So well, look, I mean, I don't know if you can be become the male of Boston maybe you know, one of arguably the most racist cities in America, then maybe there's hope for everyone. Yet, I mean, I don't know what I mean.
Speaker 15: I hear that there's a next time you come to Boston, you're gonna have to schedule an extra day and then I will take you around all the.
Speaker 6: City and then get young. We are and city, Yeah, and we're a city.
Speaker 15: That really is the example of how everyone in our community, again majority people of color, you can all.
Speaker 1: Get together and tell immigration. I don't know. I got a lot of love for Boston. I just you know, they were they were nice to me when I was there. But there is a stereotype of the city which you are totally. I don't know. So I don't know how. I still don't understand how you got elected. I mean, obviously you're good at your job and you're charming and all that. But that was enough for them to convince them.
Speaker 15: The Boston of today is a different city than a lot of people think. But even in the Boston today, we have a lot of work to do, just like every city, just like every community.
Speaker 1: But no New York City is perfect. I'm not sure if you've been out there this place. This place is great. We got you know, we got rats and feces. I hear that there's a I hear that there's like a secret WhatsApp group of Asian mayors. I met the mayor of Cincinnati, A very small group.
Speaker 6: Yes having me.
Speaker 1: Can I join this group?
Speaker 6: Chat for.
Speaker 1: Me? I hope you guys out? Okay, No, your mayle Wolf, they're the baths. Thank you for representing all Asians. Thank you for making a city of Boston great. Appreciate all you do. I know it's a very thankless task. Boston Mayor Michelle Woo everybody. So I gotta take a quick break, but we be right back after this. Hey, that's I'll show over tonight. Here it is your.
Speaker 16: Moment of bed so like that's a fist American flag fire. So I'll just from now on when we do things where like, we agree, I'll just hold this up rather than giving like a really big long speech. So job well done, guys.
Speaker 1: Would you explain where that comes from?
Speaker 16: Yea, So this is how we when we're in like a chat with friends and we're just like, you know, you know, hamming about who we're gonna bomb and all of that, but we agree. We fisted American flag fire.
Speaker 3: Explore more shows from the Daily Show podcast universe by searching The Daily Show wherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 1: Watch The Daily Show week nights at eleven.
Speaker 9: Ten Central on Comedy Central, and stream full episodes anytime on Paramount plus Paramount Podcasts