Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty.
Speaker 2: I'm strong and Getty and now he Armstrong and Yetty.
Speaker 3: We reviewed all the information and the American Republic is going to get as much as we can release. He killed himself. Do you think let's play out the logical conclusion of this. Do you think that myself, Bongino and others would participate in hiding information about Epstein's grow test activities.
Speaker 4: That's cash Buttel now that he's FBI director saying there's no list and we're not hiding anything, and why would we be hiding this stuff? So why were they out there acting like there was stuff to hide before? Sarah Isger of The Dispatch was on ABC this week speaking to that Where did.
Speaker 5: Epstain there's money come from? Where did the money now go? I mean, I guess I do still have questions about that. I'm surprised that again, these people who made a lot of money and careers and got their current jobs based on this conspiracy theory aren't telling us any of those answers that they could have found at the same time hiding behind you know, saying, well, we're not going to release, for instance, videos of miners or grand jury material that's sealed by the court, like okay, but this was your bread and butter.
Speaker 4: So she's saying a lot of those people that were out there, Pambandi, Cash Hotel, Dan Bongino, you know, he got a lot of clicks and got a lot of attention by talking about the Epstein thing and how you're going to uncover it. But she says, and I've heard a couple of and she's a buy the book straight shooter Sarah Isger, and I've heard other straight shooters say where did this guy get his money? I thought that was known. It's not known.
Speaker 2: How will he ended up so wealthy?
Speaker 6: I thought it was he was just a very aggressive and savvy financial manager, managed the portfolios the rich people and made him tons of money and got a cut.
Speaker 4: But maybe he ended up Okay, now I'm going down a complete maybe world. So did he end up managing the funds of rich people because hey, I can get you a seventeen year old if that's your thing.
Speaker 6: Or was that just his perverse hobby that he could indulge when he became so wealthy?
Speaker 2: That's what I've assumed all along.
Speaker 6: I do kind of appreciate the side points you made, what made which was you having set and fueled this fire? Perhaps you would like to join us in putting it out now that you have the insider information.
Speaker 4: Right I I'm like President Trump when it came up yesterday the last week in a press conference.
Speaker 2: Are we still talking about Epstein? Really? I feel the same way as Trump. Now it was taken by.
Speaker 4: Some in the world of being into Epstein that that's part of Trump's cover up. Oh my god, He's compromised to which Tucker Carlson. So, Tucker Carlson did an interview with somebody on his website show thing that has millions of followers, last week, and then he spoke somewhere over the weekend and got into the explanation for the whole Epstein thing. I don't know if we'll play you the whole two minutes, although it's pretty interesting.
Speaker 2: I vote yes.
Speaker 6: But it's turning point USA Charlie Kirks's organization, which is pretty big.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, oh yeah, there's lots of people that are into this. But anyway, Tucker Carlson laying out what's going on with Epstein, and.
Speaker 7: I think the truth, for whatever it's worth, in case you're interested, is that the DOJ didn't release lots of incriminating sex videos with Epstein and his billionaire pals because.
Speaker 2: They don't have them. They don't have.
Speaker 7: Them because when the original search warrant was served two thousand and seven I think, possibly two thousand and six, I think seven, it was basically designed to protect Epstein. The search warrant was written in such a way to make sure that the FEDS never got their hands on the actually incriminating evidence. It's another way of saying the cover up has been going on since two thousand and seven, almost twenty years.
Speaker 4: Okay, so that is one of the maybe you believe this, but one of the things that people do with conspiracies is put in details that make it seem so real, like it's two thousand and six, two thousand and seven, not sure on the date there, but you know, stuff like that is you throw in nuggets like that.
Speaker 2: But anyway, here we go.
Speaker 7: And so the real question is not was Jeffrey Epstein a weirdo who is abusing girls? Yes, we can answer that. The real question is why was he doing this? On whose behalf? And where did the money come from? And those are the questions that need to be answered. And I think it's entirely fair to ask them, and it's not adequate to say anyone who asked them is somehow desecrating the memory of little girls who died in Texas. They're not going to put up with that answer. I don't care who gives that answer. That is not acceptable.
Speaker 4: Now was a shot of Trump because Trump said to Texas, we're talking about Texas, and you're bringing up Epstein right right. That entire chunk of audio was completely incoherent. Was clearly Joe's on the list. Okay, so you're part of the deal. You're part of a.
Speaker 6: Perfer who preyed on the young girls. Yes, that's clear. But why was he doing this? Where did the money come from? Why did did he hold his freak coughs? Because he's a perv? Where'd the money come from? He is a wealthy investment manager more.
Speaker 7: And I think the real answer is Jeffrey Epstein was working on behalf of Intel Services, probably not American, and we have every right to ask on whose behalf was he working.
Speaker 2: How does a guy.
Speaker 7: Go from being a math teacher at the Dalton School in the late seventies with no college degree, to having multiple airplanes, a private island, and the largest residential house in Manhattan. Where did all the money come from? And no one has ever gotten to the bottom of that because no one has ever tried.
Speaker 4: Now that he's got to be at least somewhat true to where the money came from.
Speaker 2: Or Sarah, I Isger wouldn't have said that.
Speaker 6: Uh yeah, I'd like to ask her about that, but I found that incoherent.
Speaker 2: So yes, Joe is on the list. Listen to him cover up.
Speaker 4: He disproved his own case, all right.
Speaker 6: Here are two explanations of how a private school math teacher who dropped out of college could become rich and famous. Because he was smart, he was fascinated by markets, he worked really hard, and he happened to be a really charming guy. That is the obvious explanation to me. And he also happened to be a perv who preyed on underage girls, but he was a typical American success story. The alternate, the dark hinting of Tucker for people with minds not quite sharp enough to understand what he's doing, is that somehow the Israeli intelligence services, because I think he gets there eventually, right, the Jews.
Speaker 4: Want to hear that next, and then we can comment on.
Speaker 2: I'll be very brief.
Speaker 6: But the alternate theory is that somehow clandestine's secret string pulling intelligence services identified this math teacher at a private school who dropped out of college and thought he the one will use well, get him lots of money, and he'll pray on little girls, and he'll wait a minute.
Speaker 2: Why him?
Speaker 7: And moreover, it's extremely obvious to anyone who watches that this guy had direct connections to a foreign government. Now, no one's allowed to say that foreign government is Israel because we have been somehow.
Speaker 2: Cowed crowd cheers.
Speaker 7: Into thinking that that's naughty. There is nothing wrong with saying that. There is nothing hateful about saying that. There's nothing anti Semitic about saying there's nothing even anti Israel about saying that.
Speaker 2: Hey, yeah, okay, let's hear one more and then we'll comment.
Speaker 1: Who have you seen Pam Bondy. She has never missed an opportunity to go on television and dangle sweet nothings that might be coming your way, try to lead you to believe that she's got it. It's on her desk, it's coming tomorrow, You're going to see something on Epstein.
Speaker 2: And it was a tease.
Speaker 1: So you either believe that Pam Bondy was telling the truth then or that she's telling the truth now, but both cannot be true. She was either lying when she went on Fox News all those times saying I've got it, I've got it, we're looking at it.
Speaker 2: Wait until you see it.
Speaker 1: It's horrible, or she's lying in her two page memo that they released on a Sunday night at the tail end of a holiday weekend to Axios as if Axios is where we all go for our news.
Speaker 4: She went to Telly at the speaking of the same thing on how Pam Bondy is covering up something so or was being a Trump esque promoter back in the day, right, she didn't have it. I feel like Megan Kelly, who's way more up and up than Tucker. She was kind of just hinting that it could be something, but she's really she's really just falling back on Pambonni was a charlatan playing this game to get all excited, and.
Speaker 6: Yeah, she was trying to gently come halfway between Tucker and the audience.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly, exactly.
Speaker 4: But so Tucker, you know, when he finally gets to Israel, crowd cheers like crazy. And there's nothing wrong with looking into Israel. That's not a Israel's not a bad word. We're not allowed who says we're not allowed to look at Israel? And the crowd cheers like crazy. So the leaps that get made in the whole Epstein thing, I mean, you just leap with a couple of words constantly. So obviously foreign influence. Why obviously back up a second, why is there obviously foreign influence?
Speaker 2: I mean I missed that part, I guess.
Speaker 6: And yeah, the idea that a super rich Jewish fellow in New York would have some contacts in the Israeli government, it's not that crazy.
Speaker 2: But you know what, that's fine.
Speaker 6: I want to hear the Steve Bannon tape because I think that really crystallizes what's going on here. It's people are making money, folks, lots and lots of money.
Speaker 2: What are you going to do with your money?
Speaker 6: Word from our friends of trust and will you can get security and a peace of mind by making in the state plan. Now you can create and manage your custom estate plan. This is a will and or a trust starting at one hundred and ninety nine bucks.
Speaker 2: Compare that to all the rigmarole with a lawyer.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and so you can jump on that right away, which is really really cool. Starts set one hundred ninety nine dollars and then you start filling in you know, names, date, soci security numbers, bank accounts, all this different sort of stuff. If you ever get stuck, you got live customer support through chat, phone or email and it's you know you. On the website, you put in what state you're in, so it allows for the laws in your state. And I mean it's very very handy, and you can take control of this and manage it on your own.
Speaker 6: And please please don't it's due to your relatives, your friends, your children, what so many people do with just die without a plan. Then it goes into court and the government for years. Good lord, go to trustinwill dot com slash armstrong. You can secure your assets, protect your loved ones with trust and will get twenty percent off on your estate planned documents by visiting Trust and will slash armstrong. Trust and Will slash armstrong.
Speaker 2: Do it.
Speaker 4: Joe Getty wants to hear from Steve Bannon here. Steve Bannon, I.
Speaker 8: Would strongly recommend in that because I've argued for this from the beginning, that in that arc of looking at how the deep state has tried to stop Trump in the Maga movement, you can easily fit in the Epstein situation.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 8: If you want the full release of documents, the special prosecutor gets it.
Speaker 2: And here's why.
Speaker 8: Epstein is a key that picks the lock on so many things, not just individuals, but also institutions, intelligence institutions, foreign governments, and who's working and who was working with him on our intelligence apparatus and in our government. This is why it's a time for choosing.
Speaker 2: Now, a time for choosing over Epstein. Right.
Speaker 4: I guess at this point in my life, I finally you know, fully understand what goes on with these conspiracy things.
Speaker 2: It's just if you.
Speaker 4: Need a scary thing to blame for just not being happy with the world, you go with these things, and it's just kind of an amorphous. That's what's causing everything. I don't like, what do you? And I and I and I can't do anything about it, damn it.
Speaker 2: End or it's a mystery and a hobby. There's somebody yeah yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: Often with that it's yeah yeah, like you like trying to figure out who killed JFK.
Speaker 2: That sort of thing, right, it's fun to follow.
Speaker 6: You get that burst of endorphins every time a new revelation comes out or somebody can tie Epstein to the Jews or or whatever.
Speaker 2: The Israelis.
Speaker 6: I love how Tucker will like overtly blame the global conspiracy of Jews. And then when you say, oh, that's out of bounds, he says, what we can't question the Israeli government. Come on, Tucker Allo, people fall for that sort of Uh.
Speaker 4: I am a modern Bailey argument. Zero concern that there's some major thing going on with Epstein? Do you have any No, I have zero, I mean like zero, I don't even have two percent. I have zero percent concerned that there's some major secret being held back from me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just I think you may have nailed it earlier.
Speaker 6: Oh we're on late when you said essentially, people just they want a person or people or something in particular to blame for the fact that things suck, and not just the government is gigantic and bloated nobody's in charge of it. It's extremely hard to scale back. Yeah, there's a permanent bureaucracy that serves their own needs in Washington. You can call them the deep state if you want. But it's not a carefully controlled conspiracy. It's just a gig antic bureaucracy.
Speaker 2: Kind of in line with that.
Speaker 4: We got to get to the Teddy Bear with human skin, just because I see it ouverall on social media.
Speaker 2: Stay tuned.
Speaker 6: Hey Ynie seven eleven turned ninety eight today on seven eleven, and they gave away free slurpees.
Speaker 7: They started this tradition in two thousand and two, which.
Speaker 4: Is also the last time they cleaned their microwaves. Okay, I got two more Epstein nuggets I forgot to throw out there.
Speaker 2: One.
Speaker 4: Alan door Schrewitz, the famous lawyer was on Fox all the time, says there is a list. He's seen it, but he can't speak more about it for legal reasons. Okay, Holy cow.
Speaker 2: Two.
Speaker 4: This was actually reported by ABC News, their news guy. The FBI had hundreds of agents on the Epstein story that are now being assigned to other work. Thank god, hundreds we're working on the Epstein story, all right. Whatever they were.
Speaker 6: Doing Hey, if information comes out that is contrary to my beliefs on this, I will take it in. I am not I have not predetermined a conclusion. I have an open mind.
Speaker 4: Speaking of convenience stories, you walk out of a convenience store in Victorville, California, and you see that on the sidewalk, and what the hell is that?
Speaker 2: A teddy bear with human skin?
Speaker 6: Oh my god, world's worst bedtime story.
Speaker 4: A teddy bear with what looks like it's got human skin. I'll tell you how I first became aware of this story. I got information through social media. I saw some people posting about, oh my god, the cartels are in California. They found a teddy bear that had human skin sewed into it. It's a message the cartels do in Mexico to let people know they're in town and they've taken over.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 4: And so it's horrifying and oh my god, be careful.
Speaker 6: It says if the childhood classic The Velveteen Rabbit had been written by Jeffrey Dahmer.
Speaker 4: Which when I first saw that, because that's how I first heard about the story, I thought, oh my god, this is the worst thing I've ever heard in my life. That the cartels, so human skin into things to let them know, you know, watch out the beloved teddy Bear please. Anyway, he gets a bunch of attention and then ends up on a news story and then some store owner who runs ans Etsy shop called Dark Seed Creations contacts the TV station said, Yeah, that's me, that's me. I make these sorts of things. I make all kinds of weird macab objects. People really like them. The store has four and a half star rating. They sell an array of macob objects. Speaking of Jeffrey Epstein, I want everybody who buys one on a list, no kidding, all featuring human like skin on normal objects, like ties with faces on them, or a stomach churning one hundred dollars human leather baseball back. It's not real ski and obviously it just looks kind of like it. It's it's like stuff you'd get at a I don't know halloween shop. How it ended up on the sidewalk at the Commune, but it's got nothing to do with cartels, and it's not a message that we all need to be afraid, very afraid. So just let you know from an Etsy store are so many ways you can make a living in life, and that's one.
Speaker 6: Apparently macromade potholders human skin covered teddy bears.
Speaker 2: Which will be oh my god, oh jeez, what does that have? The big thing?
Speaker 4: Oh, so Trump is going to announce while we're on the air today, the big announcement that he's been teasing for seventy two hours about going after Russia's money and funding and arming Ukraine. So looking forward to whenever that announcement comes out.
Speaker 6: Plus, on a lighter note, major pet company decide its executives don't have the right catitude. We'll bring you that horrifyingly cutesy story next hour.
Speaker 2: Wow, later this hour, how was an annoying term? Armstrong and getdy?
Speaker 9: With Russia's assault on Ukraine far from over, a stark and surprising shift in President Trump's tone towards Vladimir Putin, a man he has often praised, Trump lashing out at the Russian president and promising new weaponshipments to Ukraine.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we ought to play that opening clip again with Trump, because that's that he was getting on a plane and it's getting It's like the.
Speaker 2: Lead clip on all news stories. Play that again, would you?
Speaker 4: Michael?
Speaker 9: I am very disappointed with President Putin.
Speaker 4: I thought he was somebody that meant what he said, and you'll talk so beautifully and then I'll bomb people at night.
Speaker 6: We don't like that, so we commented on that earlier. He surprised a lot of people. Trump said he surprised a lot of people by not being what he said. He was, okay, by being precisely who he's always been and has made infinitely clear he always will be. He didn't surprise anybody, but you, I don't think. But that aside, if you watch what Trump does, not what he says, I like to move toward rearming Ukraine. We're waiting for the big Monday announcement as we speak these words about what the new policy is toward Ukraine slash Russia, slash Russia's major oil trading partners. That's where Trump, I think, is really going to bring the hurt.
Speaker 4: Yeah, specifically India, China, and Brazil five penalty for buying oil from Russia.
Speaker 6: So a handful of Ukraine and Russia related headlines that I found interesting. First of all, Peggy Noonan's piece in the Wall Street Journal, very very beautifully written as usual about isol and engagement in the world and Ukraine and Russia, and she makes the point, and I think this is really good and smart.
Speaker 2: Isolationism is essentially emotional.
Speaker 6: You're angry at the cost in blood and treasure of your country's international forays and adventures and want to withdraw from the world. Emotionalism can old sway and dominate politics for a time, even inn era, but you can't build anything on it. It doesn't last because emotions change, because facts change. And the problem is, you can quit the world, but the world won't quit you. If you tell the world earlier in the century America is too uproarious and aggressive, we'll stop now, goodbye, the world will not respond by saying what geopolitical modesty you're showing?
Speaker 2: Goodbye now and best wishes do you. The world will.
Speaker 6: Instead see new opportunities to continue to do what it does. Harry and harass, undermine a perceived foes, interests, provoke and pray, And she goes into China and Russian and a bunch of others and how Vladimir Putin is a monster of history.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that my favorite troop is waking up to him. My favorite pushback on non intervention thing is always you can quit, but it doesn't make mean they're gonna quit. It'd be nice if you could just I'm out, I'm opting out of this whole thing. Okay, well, we'll do it on our own and leave you out of it. But it doesn't that's not an option.
Speaker 6: Sure, Sure, and her final point, at least the final point I want to make. But you can bring attitude, well, she talks about. Isolationism is not a good strategy. Neither is wild foreign interventions and trying to build Jeffersonian democracies all across the world. Idiotic anyway. But you can bring attitudes and ways of operating. Don't look for trouble, don't aggress, build bridges where you can be peaceable and prudent, but have hard eyes. Don't carry yourself forward into the world with hubris about your grand democratic system. Be quietly proud and see to its wholesomeness. Be an example, be a beacon, which I thought was good. Then moving along to a couple of other things. Patriot systems will be sent to Ukraine. Trump says, essentially, we're gonna sell them to some of our NATO partners and they're going to give them to Ukraine. Trump is congenitally unable to understand just giving stuff to other countries. If you can sell it to them, we'll.
Speaker 2: See how it enfolds. Why not make a buck.
Speaker 6: But again we're waiting for the other aspects of the new strategy. I found this interesting purely military tactics wise, a never ending supply of drones has frozen the front lines in Ukraine. In the Battle for Ukraine's frontline is increasingly at a standstill. The reason rapid innovations in drone technology, and they mentioned that from just a few at the beginning of it, unmanned vehicles now dominate the battlefield.
Speaker 2: Each side has hundreds of.
Speaker 6: Them constantly in the air in the seven hundred and fifty mile front. Drones can lay mines, deliver everything from ammunition to medication, and then evacuate wounded or dead soldiers. Crucially, drones spot any movement along the front line are dispatched to strike enemy troops and vehicles. So you can't get anything started. You can't use tank columns anymore, right, because that was in the early days. It was all about tank columns an anti tank weaponry.
Speaker 4: I heard about a speech that Petreeus gave the other day, and man, it is a it's so awful that he got driven out of public life by the affair and sharing classified information with the chick he was having sex with and all that, because he's really brilliant. But anyway, he said, the tank is becoming an almost useless piece of equipment.
Speaker 2: It was the.
Speaker 4: Dominant war machine for a century and now it's just drones have surpassed it. And what has taken its place with the evolution of drone technology means large scale assaults with tanks have all been abandoned in favor of small groups on foot or motorbike. Yes, small assault teams which are harder for drones to spot or hit, advance more slowly.
Speaker 2: Though.
Speaker 4: Yeah, last week I was watching the report about Russia. Small groups on dirt bikes and ATV drones are now so plentiful again. There are hundreds in the air every moment that pilots will attack a single soldier.
Speaker 6: On foot, making rotating soldiers in and out of trenches dangerous and creating a mostly static front line.
Speaker 4: Can you imagine how terrifying that is when you're running with a couple of drones over your head, just wondering at what moment?
Speaker 6: Oh oh, and I read an account in the Wall Street Journal last week. I think it was about the new fiber optic cable connected drones because you can't use radio control drones much because everybody's gotten so good at you know, countermeasures, blocking signals, et cetera, scrambling things. And it opens with an account of one of the top drone pilot dudes who is just a video gamer kid when he got recruited controlling a drone that goes under an overpass a bridge and sees a Russian soldier sleeping like against one of the column under a blanket, and he just buzzes the thing up. The guy's totally unaware of it in kerbleuy. War's over for that young man.
Speaker 2: Wow?
Speaker 6: Yeah, just crazy. How do the great powers respond to this? What technology is right around the corner? Will this lead to more war or less?
Speaker 2: Who knows? Of the key.
Speaker 4: Question being are we going to be on the leading edge of it? I'm tempted to, but I won't for now get to. China warns of rogue robot troops unleashing terminator style indiscriminate killings. So you've got that robot troops, Well, that's not horrifying robot armies, correct, than this.
Speaker 6: It's actually a profile again in the Wall Street Journal of Eldridge Colby, who a lot of people are have called, you know, quite inaccurately, some sort of isolationists because he's not pro really really arming Ukraine, but his arguments for pivoting instead to countering China and not being distracted by smaller regional conflicts and other smaller interests is pretty compelling.
Speaker 4: He's the one that pulled the plug on arms to Ukraine a week or so ago, according to most reports, without Trump's go ahead.
Speaker 6: Right their sources says memo on Ukraine arms requests and depleted US stockpiles factored into a temporary suspension of shipments. I might not agree with mister Colby on all of his conclusions, but boy howdy, we need his voice saying China. Focus on China, certainly, as China's every bit as aggressive and expansionist as they've ever ever been. It just hasn't been the headlines China. I don't, sir, but thank you for the renewed warning. And then finally this, I'll just hit you with a little of this. I am going to be reading the closed captioning of a Russian language video It is a Russian soldier calling his mud from Ukraine, just to give you a view of those static front lines and the efforts to move them and what it's like. She asks, how are you there? We're f't What do you mean only ten of us left? I deserted? How come I ran off from the combat zone? Efing hell? How come are you efing crazy? Two hundred people went in, only ten remain. What do you mean, are you drinking or something? I'm not drinking, mom, no joke. I bailed from the front. Two hundred of us went in, only ten left. They just threw us into a meat grinder. We tried to assault, but nothing's working. Six regiments have already been wiped out, three hundred people. They still think I'm in combat, but I've left the battle. I heard someone on the radio, Sam actually killed in action, and no one knows where I am. For F's sake, is my replies. They don't even collect the bodies. We've been walking over corpses since November. That's how it is, mom. Really, they're even killing their own here. What number is this? The guy messaged you from last time, he's gone, he's been killed. He's using somebody else's phone. Oh f of, she says. Our guys, corpses from November are still there. No one gives an f at all. They told us, even if only three of you are left, you'll still go in with sapper shovels and try to attack. They don't give an f about us. Then they write missing an action, don't retrieve the bodies. As for the wounded, they said they won't evacuate them anymore. Oh all right, mom, I got to get the hell out of here. I'm scared what if I get killed?
Speaker 2: Huh? Either way?
Speaker 4: By And that's the history of the way Russia has treated their soldiers forever.
Speaker 2: That's just their culture. That's brutal.
Speaker 6: You thousand guys are going to die for your country, and here we go, yeah for.
Speaker 4: Your country and quotes. I mean, you're fighting Napoleon, You're dying for your country. You're fighting to take Ukraine. Today, you're not really fighting for your country, You're fighting for one egomaniac's pipe dream.
Speaker 2: Right exactly.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Yeah, I will tell you this. People don't really bring Ukraine up in real life to me. Nope, hardly at all. No, I'm not sure how much mind to share it has in the annoyance at the annoying parlance of our time. Speaking of annoying parlance, next hour, probably we could do it. Next we can talk about it. A major pet company says it's executives might not have the right catitude.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I feel like we need to get catitude off our plate so we can move on.
Speaker 2: It's going to.
Speaker 4: Just lodge in my craw and then, you know, I keep talking about my craw. My craw is really.
Speaker 2: Really really ought to get that looked at.
Speaker 4: I got a ointment, but it just doesn't seem to be working for my crawl crawl ointment. Okay, stay tuned for catitude the right. It's pulling on immigration and how we're handling and everything like that.
Speaker 2: Maybe we'll get to that an.
Speaker 4: Hour three, and then some of the stuff around Alligator Alcatraz and all of that.
Speaker 2: So that's fun.
Speaker 6: Eighty percent of the coverage of Alligator Alcatraz is because of the name. Of course, this, oh boy.
Speaker 2: Speaking of ridiculous.
Speaker 4: I didn't say it's a sign. There's actually a sign there that says alligator Alcatraz. I thought it was just a clever term somebody came up with, But that's actually what.
Speaker 2: It's called it's a good name. Sure, I mean, I'll grant you that.
Speaker 6: Speaking of ridiculous inside operation Catitude, a pet food giant's mission to understand cats.
Speaker 2: There's nothing to understand about cats, is there? There is?
Speaker 4: Jack?
Speaker 6: Well, well about cat, which is a term I'm not supposed to use.
Speaker 2: By the way, I will tell you this.
Speaker 6: Okay.
Speaker 2: The you're clearly team dog, Mega team dog.
Speaker 6: Jack your team dog. I've been a lifelong team dog owner. I've owned one cat as an adult one as a kid. Was very fond of them both. But when it ended, it was like, oh that's too bad.
Speaker 2: It was a nice cat. Anyway, what are we having for dinner? I'm not sorry I don't like your cat, dude?
Speaker 6: Wow, Well, and look, other people are different and I can accept that and I am not going to bad mouth them for it.
Speaker 2: I will, I will if you want.
Speaker 6: But well, yeah, it's just let's not hurt any feelings unnecessarily.
Speaker 2: Sure, Okay.
Speaker 6: The maker, the giant pet food giant company that makes Whiskas food and Temptations treats, had a problem. Cats were rapidly catching up to dogs as America's favorite pets.
Speaker 2: I had no idea of this is Are you sure about that?
Speaker 6: It's absolutely true, yes, huh. And they became aware that the company was filled with people who were on team dog. Essentially they didn't understand cats and cat owners and their relationships. Wow, that's like having too many you know, progressives in your company. That leans the other direction.
Speaker 4: You got too many dog lovers at your cat company.
Speaker 9: Huh.
Speaker 6: Yeah, there's a lot to really really hate in this article. But that's just smart management. This is the Mars Corporation that makes candies and one hundred other How.
Speaker 4: About we have people around here who like cats since we make cat products.
Speaker 6: So they launched a mission to get it's dog loving workers inside cat's heads. Part of the internal operation called Catitude, the maker of bah bah Bah organized visits from vets and animal nutritionists. Their PowerPoint presentation, staffers were paired with you know, I'd rather swim in a pool filled with the boiling hots soul firus urine of satan and say this phrase.
Speaker 2: That's quite a phrase right there.
Speaker 6: Staffers were paired with cat parents. One afternoon, senior bosses walked around the office with cat.
Speaker 4: Ears on the boiling hot sulfurous urine of satan that was a good phrase. They walked around the office with cat ears on yes.
Speaker 6: Being distracted from the thread their cat parents, the thread that the cat parents or their cats are chasing.
Speaker 2: Yes, they walked around with cat ears.
Speaker 6: The I'm not a cat. But the goal is to reorient the entire team. Here's an interesting revelation. And our daughter, our youngest daughter, Delaney is living with us as she does an internship. And she has two cats, and they are upstairs in her area. And I am very fond of them. I like them, I hang out with them.
Speaker 2: I am an.
Speaker 6: Emissary two team cat. She uses the term cat parents are my sons because she knows how much it annoys them.
Speaker 2: That's funny, my son's But I do like this.
Speaker 6: Occasionally she'll say your grandsons. Then I God, but I can attest to the truth of this. They wanted all of those people to understand one of cat parents, Oh god, there it goes.
Speaker 2: Where's the swimming pool?
Speaker 6: Their main excuse me sources of angst what they call feline insecurity, a fear of cat's indifference to their owner's affection. If you type does my cat into Google, the autofill is immediately love me.
Speaker 2: Does my cat love me. The second is I know I love her.
Speaker 6: Cat owners, I'm not using that effing other term say for too long.
Speaker 2: Oh blah blah blah.
Speaker 6: The point is all cat owners spend their time being like, Fluffy won't come to me today. What the heck, Fluffy, I love you, Fluffy, come to me, Fluffy, be nice to me.
Speaker 2: Cat insecurity they call it. Dogs don't do that to you.
Speaker 4: No, they don't. Dogs care. Cats don't really care. No, well, they care entirely on their own terms. I found an instructive in parenting and in being a pet owner, not parent that children. Small children are like poppies, are like dogs. They come to you, they want affection. They're always up for it. Teenagers are cats. It's on their terms when they want it.
Speaker 2: Don't bother them when they don't.
Speaker 4: Are you gonna feed me or scratch my belly? I don't ever scratch their belly.
Speaker 9: But.
Speaker 6: Anyway, so blah blah blah. They're trying to adjust their cat to d I.
Speaker 4: Think there need to be harsh penalties for people who push their pets around in strollers.
Speaker 2: Oh what, that dog can't walk? One dog and one old dog. I will allow it.
Speaker 4: Oh my God, I think I should turn their attention towards people who push their pets around in strollers.
Speaker 2: Oh no, you've offended people. I asked you not to