Speaker 1: Hey everybody, thanks watching this week's episode. We want to promote where you can see us. For tickets, go to Joe gattoofficial dot com to see all my door dates. For Steve's go to punch Up dot Live backslash Steve hyphen burn that's beat y R. I need. He makes it super easy to find him. And now onto the episode.
Speaker 2: Where a ticket b.
Speaker 1: Heybody, thanks for listening to Too Cool Moms. I'm Joe Gatto and my boy crossed the way. Stevie Burne is here with us. Two Cool Moms is your favorite podcast that you're listening to right now. So Stevie, I haven't seen this thing that's going on on the internet. I need my readers, Okay, I like your readers. By the way, thank you. These are a bundle from Amazon dot com unisex. Clearly Superman's Yes seventy eight. God asked me where super Man is? Excuse me, ask me where Superman is? We're Superman. I don't know that.
Speaker 2: I like the way you palmed your glasses like a third grader.
Speaker 1: You did take him up, take him up? So I'd seen this in going around the internet, you know, the world Wide Web, of.
Speaker 2: Course, and no bunga, dude, I love surfing.
Speaker 1: They said, Uh, the they had like a you know, the n C A double A brackets of like, you know, March Madness and whatnot. So they did that for TV dads, and they put people up against each other. Okay, So I thought, because of our show, Too Cool Moms, I would put up the forty. Uh we put up a bracket of just who do we think the best moms were? And who who's the better mom? Between two who's the better mom between two fictitious moms? Okay? So you know, for instance, uh you know, let's say Edith bunker okay versus Roseanne barr.
Speaker 2: Well, both horrible singers. I think we can agree on that. Roseanne watched the Anthem and Edith bunka.
Speaker 1: But now we're hundred cent. We're just doing it on their skills we know from TV as all their skills.
Speaker 2: Oh boy, I would have to say, well, Roseanne. Roseanne was more of a blue collar kind of like cut to the Edith was more of a pushover with Archie, but she had a ton of heart and she'd set him straight at the end. I would say Roseanne, she's more of a blunt force instrument as opposed to Edith, who has the patience.
Speaker 1: That's what I what are your thoughts? I would one say that?
Speaker 2: Really?
Speaker 1: I would? Yeah, Okay, you know what. Edith was kind of just like you know what, the Edith did a big like mommy like making sure our buddy was fed and doing things like that too though, so I think she gets mom points there, you know, But overall, I think, you know, she would. Roseanne was in the trenches in the Roseanne Show, right, she was rough and tumble, trying to solve family problems, not having a lot of money, doing all this, you know what she had to So I think I think I would go. I think I agree.
Speaker 2: By the way, fun fact, my folks bought Edith Bunker's apartment from her in New York City when they moved to New York in ninety five, I.
Speaker 1: Believe, really holy cow.
Speaker 2: So when they my father's in Native New York and when he moved back, that's that's the young lady or I should say young lady, but who he bought the apartment from. So when we were there, I was like, oh, that's pretty cool.
Speaker 1: That's pretty cool. All right. Uh, would you say Peg Bundy or Marge Simpson.
Speaker 2: Well, first off, Peg Bundy. When we were in junior high school or high school and peg Bunny was out, It's like, oh my god, Wow, what are you doing. You're complaining about having sex with her? She's like, awesome, Peg Bundy. I look, Peg Bundy one hundred percent.
Speaker 1: I love her.
Speaker 2: I think Katie Segal look, I'm not okay, yeah, I'm sticking. I'm stick of the script. Peg Bunny's hot. I say that you're like peg Bunny back in the day was hot. I think she's still a very beautiful actress. But I think Peg Bundy back in the day was hot, hilarious and at the same time like very selfish, which I like.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, March is Marg is more of a mom though March.
Speaker 2: Is a mom. Yeah, i'd have to say who's the better mom?
Speaker 1: Yeah, probably March.
Speaker 2: But in terms of just like being a pervy, like that's not the kid.
Speaker 1: You're playing your own game here. How about how about.
Speaker 2: Like like MILFs, she would do a milk mom.
Speaker 1: I'd like to.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, the better mom would be March Simpsons Martin. What are your thoughts on it?
Speaker 1: I I think I again, a Peggy is like kind of a Roseannie kind of eye where she was just trying to get through what she had to get through. I do find that she was kind of she was more motherly. In the they mostly poked fun than the show about her being a horrible mom. Yeah, like a horrible mom. But at the end of the day, I think it was more she was more like a her and her husband. Was the dynamic between her and al that was more of the butt of the jokes and her and her kids. I do you think there was love there too? But yeah, I think, I mean, I don't. I I don't think she wins Peg Bundy.
Speaker 2: Though she looked out, she always had heels on.
Speaker 1: She did always had like those yoga put together. Yeah, she had yoga pants for that.
Speaker 2: Yoga pants were like capris or whatever, but they were tight.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, should we leave you alone? Permit it? Yeah, Peg Bundy.
Speaker 2: You didn't kind of have a crush on Peg Bunny, but yeah I.
Speaker 1: Did for sure her end What was the Applegate?
Speaker 2: Yea, yeah, Christine Applegate. But what was her name? And I forget, But anyways, they were both hot. Yeah the Bundy household.
Speaker 1: Bud could get it. But the sun was hot too. Even the dog that's wasn't the dogs name? Did they have a dog?
Speaker 2: They had a dog and the dog would always had like voiceover that was really a little doggy.
Speaker 1: Mat all right. How about Maltitia Adams or uh June Cleaver from Leave It to Beaver? I bang either. I think I've lost focus on the game. They're both in black and white. Yeah hot.
Speaker 2: Mortitia was pretty hot though, Yeah she was hot. Look, June Cleaver, that's all America. So yes, one hundred percent. Who's the better mom? June Clever Leave It to Beaver one hundred percent great paint by the numbers, mean potatoes, fun, easy family sitcom. But Adam's family Martitia Adams was way hotter.
Speaker 1: Okay, way hotter.
Speaker 2: Not as good of a mom, but what are your thoughts?
Speaker 1: She raised a weird family? Pretty well.
Speaker 2: I mean there's a hand in that you welcome.
Speaker 1: She literally got a hand in the house. Yeah, I don't know. I think I got Morticia, Yeah I think I would. Yeah, I think I got Mortitia Adams two. Yeah, Okay, ready, how about this is gonna be this is gonna be a tough one here, ready, Carmelo Soprano or missus Brady. Wow, Now who's the better mom? I mean, I have to say missus Brady. I had to say, Missus Brady. I disagree here. You I think Carmelo was doing nothing but insulating her family from the shit show that was going on around them. Sure, but missus Brady had how many kids? Three? And then she found the other guy and there was six together. Kid but she broughte an aalys who was doing some of the mom helping hand. Yeah, she had helping hands. I don't know. I think Carmelo soprano is tough to beat. Shout out Edie Falco.
Speaker 2: I love her, Yeah, I think I look, I think your Italian bloodline is pouring into this and so there might be some favoritism here.
Speaker 1: Maybe maybe. Yeah, but you know they were fictitious Italian mom family that lived in New Jersey.
Speaker 2: You lived in Jersey. I lived in Jersey for a minute for sure. Yeah. Boy, that's a tough one.
Speaker 1: But I mean, do you know think Carmelo is a mom was trying to do like more? You're probably right leading them down the right dealing with hell.
Speaker 2: I mean, you couldn't find a bigger pendulum swing than seventy sickcom It's one of those gritty popular shows of all time, right with uber violence, drug sex, all of it. I mean, it's so like it's crazy. Yeah, i'd have to say Carmelo Soprano.
Speaker 1: Okay, Maria Barone from Everybody Loves Raymond okay, and from Happy Days. Missus Cunningham. Oh, I love Missus connhad love Missus Kinnham. I think for me, that's the mom's mom of America, right. Missus Conningham was just the best, the best, the best, and so was mister Cunningham. By the way, the Cunningham's overall, we're America America's family, Dan's daughter. What was the name Chochi loves Joni? Yeah, Jony right, Jony Uh? By the way, never never cared for Jony.
Speaker 2: Really do you like Jony?
Speaker 1: You a team Jocchi.
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 1: Jony kind of went through the fell through the cracks and Happy Days yeah yeah.
Speaker 2: By the way, so it was Richie, but you know then then you you know, you learn older like Richie's there to service all the other characters. He's just there to be kind of like the guy that sets everything up right. He's the Dean Martin to the Jerry Jerry Lewis. That is Patsy, Yeah, Vonn's al Ralph. Yeah. Happy Days was my jam when I was a kid. Happy Days one of your faves, absolutely love.
Speaker 1: One of the most successful spinoffs ever was Lavernon Shirley for that show.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, a lot of people don't know that, but that was a spin off of that More Commindy. Oh, spin off of Happy Days was More Commindy really.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Because Gary Marshall, the producer, his son was in the Aliens at the time because of uh, because I want to spiel. I think it was Close Encounters or something like that, and so his son said, you have to have an alien on the show. He goes, okay, So they had Rob Williams come in and Robin Williams did a guest appearance and it was so popular and it was the biggest comic that they put more committed that.
Speaker 1: I did not know. Yeah, that's unbelievable.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Lavernon Shirley, the big ragou. Yeah, big loved him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they they That's insane that there was two huge spinoffs from one show, which was a juggernaut itself. That's a and Joni loves yeah, Oh my god, Jody loves Shotcy from that too. Yeah.
Speaker 2: By the way, my one of my favorite jokes, Lisa Lampanelli had a great joke. She's like, what was that sitcom where these kids were in high school? It's like Wisconsin. They hang out with the guy in a cool leather jacket and it's just all white people, just all whites and there was not one black person on that show.
Speaker 1: What was that called?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Happy Days?
Speaker 2: So ridiculous. But I will tell you my favorite sitcom when I was a kid. Uhf remember you'd have to you'd have your your normal three uhf fifty three in Pittsburgh.
Speaker 1: What's happening? What's happening? We wei?
Speaker 2: Yeah, for sure, that's rerun with rerun Dwayne Wayne Wayne Wayne and then Rudge and they went to to uh surely was there was their waitress. I watched What's Happened all the time. I remember the Doobie Brothers. Do you remember they were on this? I don't remember that, and they and then uh I think it was rerun that went and like recorded them and bootlegged it, and the Doobie Brothers got into a big thing with them.
Speaker 1: That was that was.
Speaker 2: Good times, good times, good.
Speaker 1: I had the Jefferson's I loved growing up too, but I had watched My mom wouldn't let me watch Three's Company, all the sexual innu and stuff to watch that, so I hadn't seen that.
Speaker 2: And that Tripper, nobody better than that.
Speaker 1: And then Jack Tripper who was such an amazing, amazing physical comedian, John Rider, John Ridder, who I completely see and when I was older and able to watch him, and I was loved, so I can't even imagine if I was exposed to a younger age of what he was doing. But yeah, there was one show that I was like, I wasn't allowed to watch, but but then I was allowed to watch Bosom Buddies. Did you remember that one with.
Speaker 2: Close Comfort?
Speaker 1: Do you remember that one?
Speaker 2: Three Daughters?
Speaker 1: And oh, oh no, I'm thinking about the one with the robot daughter? What is that? Small wonder?
Speaker 2: Small one was great too. Silver Spoons was the ship Silver is the best train your house? And his dad ran a toy company. And Aaron Gray from Buck Rogers, who is the hottest woman on the face of the planet to this day, was do you do you remember her?
Speaker 1: No, not as much as you do. Oh my god, my I had.
Speaker 2: Two crushes when I was a kid, it was well Peg Bunny was more like high school. But when I was a kid, I loved Aaron Gray from Buck Rogers, and then I followed her a Silver Spoons and then and then uh missus Huckstaball. I had a big crush on miss Huxtable.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: For Alicia, I thought, like when I was a kid, I was like, God, she she's like so hot.
Speaker 1: I will say she was probably one of the best TV moms. She was out there for sure.
Speaker 2: And you know, it was a great TV dad. You can't say his name anymore though, let me you say his name, yeah, because the TV dad, the fictional character. Yeah, I mean, dude, he was America's dad for how many years?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I will say probably as we were when we were coming up here. That was a show for us. But another big TV The biggest TV dad for me was probably The Wonder Years, Dan Laura Dan Lauria, Right, he was like such a worker for his family kind of you know, they feared him in the right amount of way.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think he did great.
Speaker 1: And you've befriended Dan right through your show.
Speaker 2: Became my TV dad, which is so odd to like think if you would have told me that TV dad one day is going to be your TV dad.
Speaker 1: There's no way crazy. He could not be.
Speaker 2: More nice than you know, just the nicest guy. I think you guys met him because you guys came.
Speaker 1: To also a dyl dad. Laurie could get it. But I will say like he was like super we've been for a little bit, but super nice. But on he just exudes dad vibes. Yeah, he was great.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: It was a forgettle you know who also was like kind of trying to be kind of made that cusple like you had that Dan Laurier character. It was that kind of dad. But then when you go across and you remember like Alan Thick and growing pains, he started to become like the try to be like the cool dad. Like that was one of the first dads I remember being like, he's not acting very dad. You know, he was like trying to be cool. He was cool for sure, but he was like cool with his kids in a different way. Like the between him, you know it was and his kids was a little little you know, different hope improvement.
Speaker 2: Tim Allen was a great dad.
Speaker 1: Best so that he was a great dad for sure, for sure. You know, I loved. I loved that show.
Speaker 2: That showing great you know, perfect Strangers.
Speaker 1: You weren't a dad on TV. I'm sorry you weren't a dad on TV, Sullivan Sudden, I.
Speaker 2: Wasn't a dad on TV. I got offered a show that was on uh Disney even f Flicks and my my my wife would have been Tiffany Ambertheesan. And my manager said, you can't do this because you're not paying your rate. I was like, well, I'm not doing it because and I was like, wait, what hold on, like Tiffany Ambertheesian, I get to be like married to her, I'll pay them. Yeah, but.
Speaker 1: Hercle. Yeah, that's one of my favorite sitcoms of all time. Oh yeah, Family Matters.
Speaker 2: I I've it's on HBO Max where I should say Max, and I got my kids watching it now.
Speaker 1: And we we've heard the fan, You've heard the fantom, you've heard the fan there about how you know Carl that that happens after retired after because he talks about an incident that he had. Is that funny? I retired?
Speaker 2: But nobody? I think? Like that's what I miss about Like the classic sitcom there were so many great physical tier to your point, like John Ritter was a great physical actor. Julia White. Julia White, I mean he's got to be in the top five the greatest physical actors on a sitcom ever.
Speaker 1: And at a young age too.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, those two, uh Balki and cousin Larry brought some pinchot. But those guys, they that that ABC block what was the Friday night thing? I forget what they called it, but man, those I loved stay at home watching this.
Speaker 1: Did you ever see the blooper or outtake or the end credit scene of whatever it was, the Family Matters where it comes over the fresh for instance, Yes, that was unreal. That was they could do stuff like that was super cool. So they just did they do. They don't do crossovers as much as you would like anymore. But I just saw that Abbot elementary and it's always stunning in Philadelphia because they're both said in Philadelphia, which is so weird because they're like such different vibes. But that's pretty cool that they're doing stuff like that. I wish there was so much more of that.
Speaker 2: It's a shame because TV is not communal anymore.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: We all used to gather around the fireplace and there were only so many shows, and now there's a multitude of so many it's too much and so you could.
Speaker 1: Never be hard to do.
Speaker 2: That's a bummer, Yeah, because I really I don't know even like we're saying it now, like we I know the theme songs.
Speaker 1: It's like I remember specific episodes and core memory stuff, right, Yeah, but to have that, but not these kids these.
Speaker 2: Days now streaming what are they watching?
Speaker 1: TikTok stupid tiktoks, Squirrell with Dole YouTube, mister beast beast, misters yeah, stupid, send your beast is that name, mister be Yeah, well, you know what, We're here for them and now they can listen to podcasts.
Speaker 2: What what what?
Speaker 1: What is your favorite childhood sitcom of all time? Before we move on, I mean I remember watching most of The Golden Girls. I love The gold Boy Girls was great.
Speaker 2: That's another, I mean just a gem, Yeah, for sure, that's a great one. For sure, theme song fantastic.
Speaker 1: I mean Camras Free the one liners writing.
Speaker 2: It and then hearing like do you remember the first time you heard of stell Getty was younger than be Off, You're like.
Speaker 1: Wow, wa just blown unbelievable. Yeah, that was amazing. Yeah, super sweet. I love that show. I think I that was one of the ones I remember watching a lot and laughing. But then as I grew up in entertainment, like realizing what a cool like like how well it was produced and sure you know, like the writing was so smart and the idea of the dynamic, like the just the idea of that show is so like such a cool idea. And then when we started touring as the Jokers, we used to finish the show with singing thank you for me and a friend with the crowd. I remember some of my most famous favorite memories was just sitting in these stadiums and like arenas and just having people sing along with it. I thought it was really cool. So Golden Girls for me, Baby, Golden Girls, how about you? Cheers? Cheers? Oh yeah, no words is my favorite.
Speaker 2: And and to think, like when I was a kid, I'm watching a show about a bunch of adults in a bar in like what do I have as a child to relate to?
Speaker 1: And it was just the dynamic of just all these misfits.
Speaker 2: Coming in to hang out and no one really has love, no one really has a solid relationship, and they just had each other and that camaraderie and the writing was fantastic, and the dynamic between Sam and Diana and then Sam and Christi Ali was just like, I don't know, I absolutely love that show.
Speaker 1: Did you ever see the string out of Norm's entrances? Oh? No, great, it's like a seventeen because he always had a line coming together. Nor how's it going? Let's still go? When you know? Like you say that like all them, there's like a seventeen minute clip from like his whole Oh wow.
Speaker 2: That's great. My favorite episode is where Sam gets locked out and he has to go to everybody's It's it's one of the only episodes that's not the bar. Wow, and he has to go to everybody's house. That's such a great idea and so you get to see a reflection of who everybody is.
Speaker 1: Could you imagine pitching that idea that had that writer had to be stoked such a great idea for that.
Speaker 2: Great, great, great idea. Yeah, and when uh, when Cliff was on uh, what's on Jeopardy? That's that's one of my favorite Do you remember that I was so good? But I mean I still look back on the fact that I got to work with Rob Long on Sullivan and Son and and over lunch breaks, I would always ask him, please tell me about like Cheers and what happened was what he like really like was he cool and stuff? And just hear in all those stories and I don't know even like there were times where when we were doing it, I was watching Cheers like on my own to be like, oh, I'm going to be inspired and stuff, and I saw like Rob recycling old jokes from the Sullivan and I was like, that's pretty cool. Actually, yeah, I thought that was pretty sweet. Okay, So what were the top three? Since this is two cool moms, this just came out, what were the top three TV moms of all time?
Speaker 1: Number three was the mom from the Partridge Family, which I don't know her name really. Number two was Claire Huxtable. Number one was Brady Missus.
Speaker 2: Brady was number one of all time.
Speaker 1: So that was that's what the internet says on that specific side. I don't know who was told for this.
Speaker 2: By the way, people sixteen up, like the Partridge Family, I killed.
Speaker 1: That's when moms were like mom, right, that was like back in the day. It was like you're yeah, they're in the kitchen making the Applepolaus and bullshit, you know, not the Modern Family mom. You know she's out there like you know, yeah, I mean Family.
Speaker 2: Is It's like, could you could you even name five TV moms for the last ten years?
Speaker 1: I would not animated, No, I mean I would have no idea I could name, you know, the moms from Modern Family, the two moms, right, you have Claire Family, So that's one of the shows that has a mom. I honestly don't think I could name many moms besides the mom from Breaking Bed. Yeah, right, and then your mom burn. All right, let's get it. Let's get into the questions. Thank you for submitting the two cool moms, and we got some uh we're gonna give some advice here and help people. Let's do it, all right.
Speaker 3: This one is pretty relevant, but we were just talking about So Mary.
Speaker 1: Says, I married this guy. He has three children, and I anything, we have a housekeeper.
Speaker 2: What do we do?
Speaker 4: How do I know if I'm being a good enough mom to my daughters. They're my entire world and I can't afford to stay home with them, and I feel so guilty by going to work every day and taking them to daycare. I keep questioning if I made the wrong life choices that wound me up not being able to stay at home with them. There's one year old, there's a one year old and almost three year old.
Speaker 2: I think the answer isn't going to be now. I think the answer is going to be eighteen, nineteen, or twenty years from now, because all that work, all the sacrifice you're doing now, they're too young to acknowledge it, but there will come a time when.
Speaker 1: They'll recognize your sacrifice.
Speaker 2: It hits them and they go, oh my god, she's breaking her back so we can have school supplies, so we could go to summer camp, so we could do all these things. So I wouldn't put that onus on you now, Yeah, I would just keep doing what you're doing. And the fact that she's even thinking about this tells you everything.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, that's she's thinking. I mean, we're two traveling dads. It's put some time away from our kids, I think, And you know, it's all we talk about, like focus and balance all the time. I just think is as long as you're trying to spend his best time you can with them while you're with them, that's important. You know, there's gonna be Look, look at the end of the day, you got to make money. You got to pay the bills. If you don't do that, what are you doing? You fine, you're senting with your kids, but you'll be on the street, right yeah, begging for money. Like what are you gonna do? You have to do what you have to do here to to get through. So I would say, try to find a happy balance that you could go And I realized this later, unfortunately a little bit too late, but my relationships with it was if you you could get a lot out of a little It doesn't have to be these grand gesture where youre always abah. But if you're making a moment each day, or a couple of moments each day where that you feel fulfilled that you had a mommy moment or whatever you get an unsolicited I love you mom hug, or a smile or tickle fight or whatever. Those kind of things could fuel what you need. They don't have to do these big grain gestures and you still could go to work. I mean that five minutes that you're making memories started, you know, recapping with my son when we went to bed, what was your favorite part of the day You know stuff like that, and they would say these little silly things that took a moment right and it makes their whole day. You know.
Speaker 2: She's the epitome of action. Speak louder than words, like you're doing all this work. They're going they they they they will get to a point where they're going to know. And right now, when you're a kid, it's like, I mean one, they don't.
Speaker 1: Remember shit, Yeah, remember I remember nothing. They don't barely know who you are. Stupid. They're fucking throwing up on themselves, punching themselves in their face, shitting their own pants. Yeah, you think they care about you.
Speaker 2: There's a reason. There's the reason you have to tell them don't get in a vandwidth strangers. Yeah, yeah, because they're so stupid.
Speaker 1: When you stop telling the kids to put that in their mouth, that's when you stop being like, okay, we're making memories. You have to stop telling kids and not put something in their mouth. That's when you that's the that's the litmus test. It's like, okay, now I got to start putting the time in. Yeah, you're raising little animals. Yeah, they're all there, a little beasts, that's what they are. What they're doing, you know what I mean. But I remember that I do no, I do think that there is a time to try to bank up and prepare for the future, and it is now where you can just like you know it'll be you just start getting it. I mean, you think it's hard now. I mean, my son cries when I have to go out of town. Don't go, Dad. I'm like, oh, it's the worst, you know, because they realize that you're going and leaving right now. You're lucky you could sneak out in the middle of the night and go smoke a cigarette and know what it could tell you what to do. She's out there on the streets being able to get a puff puff. You know, I'm saying, this is what I'm saying. You're gonna miss these days. You're gonna miss them, what I'm saying. Yeah, I would say you're putting a lot of it on yourself right now. But remember big picture, you're doing what you got to do for your children. It's not like you're like, hey, I want to be working this much.
Speaker 2: You know, Yeah, you're one hundred percent doing the right thing.
Speaker 1: Especially, you made a great point. If you're thinking about that, you're a good mom, Like some moms are just operating and being like they don't even care about missing their children, you know, like that that's a good indicator that you're a good mother and.
Speaker 2: That's what makes us so cool mom moms.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, Peter says, I'm getting married in October in Spain. My partner is Spanish, and I promise her family I would learn Spanish by the time of the wedding. So, mommis, what are some good learning techniques I have until October?
Speaker 1: We did this question? Right? You did? No, I'm just kidding.
Speaker 3: Why would you do that?
Speaker 1: Omiga. What I'm saying is no mean I would say, I do not know anything about learning a second language.
Speaker 2: But you are six months at the home depot. Get up pretty pretty quickly, pretty quickly?
Speaker 1: Do you speak Korean?
Speaker 2: I I did a little bit. Look, there's all these programs these days, by the way, like Rosetta Stone and all.
Speaker 1: The Onlamuthla, Do a Lingo? Do a Lingo? Do a Lingo is the new one. It's an app, right and teach you. Yeah, you could do a nap so get on, do a lingo. This could have been a Google search. I don't know why you took the time to write into us to English speaking only people, this is a I know, but you don't speak it. Yeah, yeah, why I even ask me? Very true? You want to learn Spanish? It's like here, it goes a lot.
Speaker 2: I already did it. I already did the most racist joke I could come up with. Work at home.
Speaker 1: People, you could do. You could do better than that, can I? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Okay, well learn it and then we're gonna kick you out of this country.
Speaker 1: No, I would say, you know, don't be a fool. Google it. I don't know this. Google translate also, by the way, so what are you gonna do? Just write your vows, put it into Google Translate and you'll be a hero. By the way, why would you even promise that to the family. Crazy, that's your setting up a disaster.
Speaker 2: How about I'll take care of your daughter the rest of my life. We're done.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna take care of your daughter the rest of my life and pick up language so I can.
Speaker 2: I can speak fluently for three days.
Speaker 1: Fuck you know a bitch, real real, silly face. You already got it.
Speaker 2: Like, why even why dive in?
Speaker 1: Why set up yourself a failure? Yeah? You put a ring on it. It's over. You did it? Endgame?
Speaker 2: Why negotiate to uh.
Speaker 1: Put a pinata up and you'll be fine at the wedding, right? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you want to be a real spandard stab somebody like there it is.
Speaker 1: I was waiting for it. There we go, There you go. We'll cut that weddy good stabbing, We'll cut the pinata and that one. Uh, good luck my friend? Or should I say when a loke? Is that? How you say good luck? When? Why don't you say goodbye again? Audios? Yeah? But how do you say? Why not? For its Italian? How do you say good luck? Go to Google trends. This is what I'm talking about. Go to Google trays. I say good luck when I swear? There you go, There we go.
Speaker 2: Okay, how do you say dumb?
Speaker 1: Dumb's Spanish? Idiot?
Speaker 3: Idiota?
Speaker 2: Idiota idiota. I would never promise anybody that's an idiot.
Speaker 1: And you know what I'm gonna do. Here we go. I'm gonna learn your language. Why, I'll tell you something. I guarantee they speaking for the next episode. I'm going to learn Korean and I'm gonna do the whole episode with me speaking Korean. But that's that's as plausible as that guy right there. That's as plausible as the promise that fellow me, old lady.
Speaker 2: I would love to take. I'm sure there's got to be an AI program where you could take an episode, just put it in and then have them w speaking in Korean. We should we should put that out and then subtitle and it'd be so fantastic.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm sure that one of our fans could do it. I'm sure somebody could do that. Give us a clip, Give us a clip, give us a cliplip, speaking dubbed in Korean, but both of us like in a female Korean accent. Okay, you just repeating to specials. What is what we're saying is that I'll take the beef.
Speaker 2: Okay, what's their next question?
Speaker 1: Let's go to the next one.
Speaker 4: Chrissy asks, I just moved to Italy. How do you deal with being away from family when they can't afford to come visit?
Speaker 1: That was racist, you pointed to me when they said I just moved to Italy. I live in America. How do I what do I do with my family when they live so far away.
Speaker 3: When when they can't afford to come visit, gotcha.
Speaker 1: You got rid of them, so you would in the game. What you about, Yeah, you want to see them? I mean you got FaceTime. Now these questions, I mean these people that FaceTime FaceTime, they got speed dot com. You got your bundle it you get a rental car for cheap bundle, get a hotel.
Speaker 2: Fly when nobody else is fly like on September eleventh. Yea, that's when you have nobody's flying in September eleventh, the rates go down.
Speaker 1: Fly out there, Yeah, there you go. These are all great suggestions. I would say for your family. There's a big adjustment when you move away from your family. So I moved to California, you know big, you know, I just don't live in my family anymore. So when I moved, did you have to live away from your family? Yeah, when you moved to New York, but you were in your twenties, right, Yeah, but my folks were here. Yeah. When I lived in California, going to school on that stuff, So school I wouldn't count college. Yeah, probably, I would say that. But I do think when you live away, you just have to get used to your new normal. Love. That's you don't live with them anymore. And that's the hardest part. Once you get used to it, and then it makes it time together even better I think one hundred percent.
Speaker 2: But it's also part of the norm. It's like you are an adult now and you're there for either love or occupation or love and occupation, and they understand you're you're doing what you need to do in terms of your life. So I'm sure that they're supportive. But at the same time, like, of course you want to communicate FaceTime, like you said, videos, texting, it's so much more accessible than before. But yeah, like when you do have those opportunities, one hundred percent. And the great thing is like you get to be an m bassador on behalf of a country that you know, maybe they're not too privy, or they're gonna want to come visit.
Speaker 1: You're in Italy, so maybe people are gonna want to come and see you. You know. It's funny because most I wonder what the statistics are people that move away from their family, because in the US it's quite the norm where the kids won't live in the same state or same place as their parents. Becoming right, and I think like if you go to South American countries or uh, you know European or even African countries do do people stay with they'll live in the same house. I think that, Well, that's not what I was trying to say, Well, tend to a bedroom. No, that's just frugal talk about bundling. I'm thinking about. I'm thinking about, like, I don't think it's as you know, normal in other societies to move away from your your family. You know, your parents are normally with until death, you know. I think I know that's for sure, Like my my wife's Lebanese and a lot of our family over there, like they've all lived together and stuff like that. Yeah, so I don't I think that's kind of an American issue, or maybe in Europeans do, but I think that's the minority of the world I think does that. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Look again, another example of how like spoiled we are as a country that you have so much accessibility to so many opportunities and as much as people some people can knock this country. It's like there are a plethora of you know, tech West Coast, yeah, finance, East coast, you know, agriculture, I mean everything else. There's so much and this country is so all encompassing. Even in Florida. You look at there's people that make six figures cleaning pools because many, so many people up pools, and it's like it's a real industry. So I just think, to your point, it's like there's ample opportunity as opposed to.
Speaker 1: You know, some countries, like for example, like in Korea.
Speaker 2: My like to your point with Bessie, like my mom's family would all have lived together, or they would all have together in New Jersey and then slowly branch out once you get to America.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think, yeah, like you you die with your parents, you die with your family, like everybody's in together in the same you know, same village, same city, same whatever. It's Yeah, I think it's a very because like in America, right, you think about it, You're like, oh, figure out when I get there. I want to move to Boston. I heard Boson is a great place to live. What are you gonna do. I don't know if I'll apply for a job when I get there, end up as a waiter, but you know, you figure out those kinds of things. I don't know how much that opportunity, you know, I could be very small minded. I'm not sure either, but I just do think that families stay together in other countries more than here in America? Yeah, I don't disagree. Okay, Yeah, and while they're there, you're in Italy gets some raviolis. They're delicious. We have time for one more.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay. Taylor asks, it's very short.
Speaker 1: Yay or nay.
Speaker 3: On work relationships, Nay, I go yay yay.
Speaker 1: May and best who worked together? I married her and had children.
Speaker 2: Okay, it depends what where'd you guys work though, giggle the baby store.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean that doesn't matter. Are we saying, yeah, in retail? I worked in retail. I would say retail and restaurant relationships working, and those things happened very, very easily.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, there's there's like a social dynamic you're working in a restaurant as.
Speaker 1: Opposed to corporate America.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if you're working a corporate job, absolutely not.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's kind of tough. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, having to be like you're gonna lose your job, and then there's that stigma that follows you and then you're gonna go to another job and you're gonna ask for reference. It's like, well, what did you get fired? Because I was couldn't get my take my pants at Meryl Lynch. It's like, yeah, you're Meryl and Lynch.
Speaker 1: I was Sax and Fifth Avenue. You know what I'm saying. Yeah, you know I I do think by interestry. But look, love is love right if you find it that, if your heart's getting spoken.
Speaker 2: To wherever you're at, you can't let your dating.
Speaker 1: That's the different. Dating is different. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I always thought like I always hated when comics hooked up with uh, I just say hate, but I was frowned upon comics hooking up with like weight staff.
Speaker 1: When you're on the road, it's like.
Speaker 2: Guy, why there's two hundred strangers out there you could meet and talk to, and these girls are getting hit on every week and you're gonna make it uncomfortable and the manager's going to hear about it, and it's gonna be an awful situation. Just like I don't know, I don't you know, that's my mentality. So if you're at work, like, unless it's like undeniable, I guess for sure, it's like, why why would you even tempt faith?
Speaker 1: I think when you're yeah, I do think the best part about it is to be kind of open too. I remember when the CEO of my company pulled me in to talk to her about me and Bessie. Yeah, and she like confronted me about it, and I was honest and said, yeah, we're dating. She was taking back a little but being like, oh you are, and I was like yeah. I was like we're like you yeah, we are. And it's like, oh, well, how does that work? And I was like, well, it's long distance. She was in California, I was in New York blah blah and uh and she was like, oh, okay, well, I said, I said, it's not a problem with I mean, she doesn't report to me, you know, you know whatever I said, but you know, if you have any questions about anything, fine, it's you know. And then it was just it was just an interesting thing to have to like report it, you know what I mean. Like there's all those kind of hr things about that, and I think that kind of that kind of stuff is just look, it's frowned upon. I think it used to be more frowned upon, but now there's all sorts of like as long as you like pronounce your love to the company, like as long as you come out and say it and whatever. If you're not doing its sneaky behind the closed doors kind of thing. I think it's way more. It's worse if you get found out, right, it's worse if you get found out instead of versus being like, hey you know where you started dating? Who do I need to talk to about this? You know what I mean? Yeah, I think it's way worse if you get found out.
Speaker 2: But if you want to bang while you're working, just pizza delivery, pizza delivery, hundred ups, plumbers, plumber, yep, prison guard in the UK.
Speaker 1: Present that this is where all of it happens.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is follow it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's those are my suggest Those are the top jobs for we googled it. Which is the top jobs for? Yes on it's the clock on the.
Speaker 2: Clock loving Yeah, MTA worker here in New York. They got busted recently. So there's another one.
Speaker 1: I guess it does happen a lot. If you were able to name this many why not? Yeah, I would say, I would say follow your heart, but also watch yourself on these streets. And that's our episode. Thank you so much for joining us on this week's Two Cool Moms. You know, we love you guys, We love that you stick with us and Uh, it's been so much fun doing this podcast. I love it, and I love you Stevie, love youybody, and uh, you know, come see us live. We're on the road. Yes, Joe outoofficial dot com for tickets to come see me, punch Up.
Speaker 2: Dot live, Steve Burnet see me. And by the way, it was so awesome to just even talk like eighties and nineties sitcoms.
Speaker 1: So let us know what your favorite sitcoms are too.
Speaker 2: That's great, that's awesome. And let us know who your favorite TV moms or dads are.
Speaker 1: I wonder what people are saying about the best TV moms. I would have would see that if the people comming on the under the post here, I would love to see what uh Artridge chooses a bitch. Thanks listening by guys,