Speaker 1: In today's phone tap, we call a guy who's already not very happy. Oh he's been the manager of an autobody shop for over a decade and the owner just sold it. So he has not met anybody from the new company that bought them out, that is, until now. And you know that those rough and tumble auto mechanics they love when corporate bigwigs stroll in and tell them how to do their job. Oh yeah, so that's exactly what's going to happen in your phone tap right now. Working Jeffrey's phone taps on the twenties, the Glatto body can help you.
Speaker 2: Hi, I'm looking to speak with a service manager, Harold, Yeah, you got him, great, Harold. My name's Tara, Tara new Hole. I worked for the Auto Group.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, nice.
Speaker 2: To meet you too. I know we haven't met face to face, but you do know that our company bought out your auto mechanic shop, correct.
Speaker 3: I heard?
Speaker 2: Oh man, a few words, I see.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I'm just calling to let you know that we really like the shop that you manage. It does very well financially.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we were at a good shop. We do good business here. Yeah.
Speaker 2: About that, we are going to make some changes, though, why.
Speaker 3: Would you do that?
Speaker 2: You don't need to make any changes. Well, looking at the online reviews, the number one complaint seems to be the customer service.
Speaker 3: Nobody cares about those.
Speaker 2: Just from a short conversation, I can tell that we can make some improvements.
Speaker 3: What does that mean?
Speaker 2: It means we need you to try to be more inclusive and use gentle language when discussing people's car issues.
Speaker 3: Hey lady, you don't seem to understand. Okay, this is a mechanic shop. I deal with like a billion cause to day.
Speaker 2: Okay, first, we're going to start with my name. That's again Tara Newhole, and we'll run through a scenario here for you. For example, for example, one of your mechanics might say, hey, lady, just like you did, your brakes are shot.
Speaker 3: Yeah okay yeah.
Speaker 2: So instead we would like you to say, we noticed that your breaks have been afflicted by sudden halting trauma. What did you hear? How that sounds?
Speaker 3: What the hell is going on here? Let's listen. You want me to do my job? You do? You? Just get off my back?
Speaker 2: Okay, Carold, I get it?
Speaker 3: Oh do you really?
Speaker 2: Change is hard? And just between us gear heads I once owned a v dub Rabbit. Did you know that?
Speaker 3: Of course I didn't know that, but that makes sense.
Speaker 2: That just back to our conversation. When a customer talks about tires, instead of telling them there's a lot of wear and tear, we want you to say your tires are succumbing to some deep patterned conflict.
Speaker 3: Oh my god. When he told us an auto group bought us, I don't know me is finding gentlish would be coming with it?
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're all very excited about it.
Speaker 3: Well that makes one of us because I sure is hell. I'm not oh the hell word.
Speaker 2: We're not going to use that anymore either.
Speaker 3: About how about we use those? How about the card?
Speaker 2: Those are also on the no go list. But you know what you can use now instead of bumper? Why don't you try cuddle bar?
Speaker 3: I'm not doing that, you know what.
Speaker 2: I'm guessing a guy like you pretty much knows that rims has a different connotation nowadays. So I talking about if we could just go with vehicular tires swag that would be a rasee oh.
Speaker 3: Really, yeah, you know what I say, Vehicular tias wag all the ray.
Speaker 2: So we're already moving forward.
Speaker 3: So I'm being sarcastic here, you understand, never said the words we give a tis wag in my wife. So I heard from this crazy woman about how things are changing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but we're also not referring to him on a car anymore. That's borderline sexual harassment.
Speaker 3: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: Instead, why don't you try body styling?
Speaker 3: Can I remind you that this is a mechanic shop, not a therapy session.
Speaker 2: No, I must stay, Harold.
Speaker 3: I don't speak whatever language you're speaking. Okay. I'm an American, that's where I speak English, So I don't know who no man is. I don't know what you're talking about.
Speaker 2: I still have a couple of points to hit. So if you could just take a deep breath for me, Harold, you know, why don't we do this?
Speaker 3: Why don't you do me a favor? Email your suggestions to my butthole. Okay, I don't have time to waste with this crap.
Speaker 2: Okay, great, I'll email them to your butthole. And you know what, I'm going to see your coworker Jimmy on those as well. We know because he's the one that set you up for this prank phone call.
Speaker 3: We you talking about? This isn't Jimmy. What Jimmy got to do with that?
Speaker 2: This is actually brought from the radio show Brook and Jeffrey in the morning. We're doing a phone tap you and your coworker, Jimmy, set you up.
Speaker 3: What you gotta be kidding me?
Speaker 2: Jimmy, Emil had said that you were nervous about the new company coming in. Oh Man, probably feel better about it now, right, oh Man?
Speaker 3: That Jimmy, I'm gonna smack him in the head. What would a tire iron?
Speaker 2: As long as you use judge the language while you do it, broke
Speaker 3: In Jeffrey's phone taps on the twenties