Speaker 1: It actually was a packed and it wasn't just a pack between the guys, It was a pack between the six of us.
Speaker 2: Stay tuned.
Speaker 3: We'll get to my conversation with Kimmy and Maurice from Love and Marriage.
Speaker 2: Huntsville right after he's quick assed. Hey, rain drops, So.
Speaker 3: Before we get into my interview with Love and Marriage Huntsville, Kimmy and Maurice Child, we got so much to talk about very quickly.
Speaker 2: For starters, we.
Speaker 3: Got to get into the second episode of the Real.
Speaker 2: Housewives of Potomac.
Speaker 3: This season is starting off hot and I could not be more excited.
Speaker 2: Yes, and let's just get right into it.
Speaker 3: We got to talk about what's going on with Chris Bassett, Ashley Darby, Giselle, Kobe Bryant, and Candace.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, where do I begin?
Speaker 3: Besides the fact that I need to wonder if somebody pulled a hamstring, because it was a reach of all reaches when it comes to whether or not Chris did anything inappropriate. Look, I am a firm believer that yes, we should take everything seriously and really see what's going on. But based on the DM that Chris sent Ashley Darby at two forty five in the morning.
Speaker 2: I don't think it was a big deal.
Speaker 3: He clearly responded to your Insta story where you are hanging out at another location.
Speaker 2: He responded to the Insta.
Speaker 3: Story and the only thing he said was, y'all should have came to park you know where he works. And look, this is what I know being a producer. Cast members are very close to each other, right, regardless if it's a situation to where you're getting along or not. When you're on a show with other let's just say reality stars, right and their husbands, it's sort of like this big camaraderie that you have with each other.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 3: The husbands look at these housewives like their little sisters. Regardless of what happens when the women go at it, the guys never get involved, unless.
Speaker 2: Your name is Peter Thomas.
Speaker 3: But typically the guys do not get involved in the drama.
Speaker 2: They just don't.
Speaker 3: So the men always feel like, you know, look, you may not get along with my wife, but that's between y'all and I see you guys as like my little sister, So you know, I'm able to at leat communicate with you, and my wife isn't going to get mad.
Speaker 2: And when you look at Chris, because I like.
Speaker 3: To look at the history of the person. Chris Bassett comes across as somebody who yes, loves his wife, defends his wife, but he does it in a way where he doesn't allow that to affect his friendships with the other women because he honestly liked most husbands feel like, again, that's between the women. So him making that statement to Ashley wasn't weird to me at all. And this is one of those cases I'm just gonna say it. I feel like, Okay, are you guys reaching for a storyline?
Speaker 2: You know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Like Peter Thomas and Nini Leaks were great friends, right While Nini and Cynthia obviously were best friends. Greg may he rest in peace and Peter were also good friends too. If Peter dm Niini Leaks at two forty five in the morning saying, yo, you should have came to bar one, I don't think Greg Leaks would think that's an issue, and I don't think Nimi Leaks would think that was an issue. Right now, Granted, Candice and Ashley aren't as close as Ninni and Cynthia were. However, it doesn't mean that this man is trying to push up on you, Ashley. You are a beautiful girl. I got a chance to meet Ashley in person. Ashley, like I said before, is super gorgeous. However, dot com Ashley, I don't think Chris Bassett is that dumb that even if he wanted to flirt with you, he's not stupid enough to DM you where he knows how this game works, where he knows you can screenshot it, like how other people have screenshot it. Your husband doing things while y'all were married, duh. I think Ashley was looking for a storyline. I think Ashley was looking to get back at Candace. Where Candace revealing to Ashley what Michael Darby was doing with his penis in the w Hotel, the Hilton, the residents in the Super eight, the Intercontinental.
Speaker 2: Yeah, again all allegedly.
Speaker 3: So I think Ashley was just trying to get back at Candace for all the things Candace said, that's my opinion and I'm sticking to it. Then we had Giselle Kobe Bryant, the force multiplier of multipliers.
Speaker 2: We also had her sort of.
Speaker 3: Revealed some information about feeling uncomfortable that Chris went inside her hotel room after they taped the reunion. So just to go back a little bit, the real Housewiss of Potomac reunion was in this hotel that had a ball room. So it wasn't like Chris drove five miles to the hotel in which Gazelle was staying, right, They were all at the same location, the reunion and the hotel.
Speaker 2: So Chris wanting to talk to Jazell privately.
Speaker 3: Again, Chris, in my opinion, really looks at these women like his sisters. And because that reunion was very I'm not gonna say dark, I don't think it was dark. I actually thought it was funny. But because that reunion was very heightened in the sense of a lot was going on, I think Chris just wanted to talk to Gazel, especially because he wanted to, you know, make sure that his wife Ashley not Lord.
Speaker 2: Did I say wife Ashley Lord Jesus, Oh my God, that it's so shady.
Speaker 3: I meant to say his wife Candace, Lord Jesus, and latter day says okay, because Chris wants to defend his wife. I truly believe he wanted to talk to Gizell just to make sure that they all understood that Candice is really taking what's going on between Hermonique seriously and she made need some support, which is why when Gizelle told this story to Robin and again, I do believe the way Jaselle felt.
Speaker 2: You can't discount her feelings.
Speaker 3: That's how she felt, right, But that's why when she told Robin, another woman, that's why Robin was like.
Speaker 2: I don't see the big deal.
Speaker 3: And I thought that was helpful because I am a man, so I never want to assume that because I felt this way, a woman should feel this way. But that's why I was so interesting that Robin, who not only is a woman but Giselle's best friend, was like, na, be.
Speaker 2: I don't I don't see the I don't see the issue here.
Speaker 3: So because Ashley, having experience Giselle, who is the chef of storylines I feel, was like, ooh, this could be interesting, So let me tell Candace my truth again. This is Giselle's truth, and you gotta respect a woman who's saying to people this is my truth, right, baby? Did y'all peep? How when Giselle and Candace said down and Giselle told Kandas what time it was when it came to her husband Chris. Did y'all see how Candas was looking around the producers and the camera guys like, oh.
Speaker 2: Y'all got me fucked up? Is this really what we're doing?
Speaker 3: I saw that in Candas's eyeballs, honey, like, y'all got me fucked up. So when Candace got up and went to the executive producer, who, by the way, is my mentee. His name is Eric. Eric is fabulous. He is the Carlos King of the Real Housewats of AutoMac.
Speaker 2: He is honey.
Speaker 3: Candace caught that Shay bitch and was like, y'all not about to Michael Darby Chris Bassett, y'all ain't doing that, not today, not in this scene. Is this a storyline? We are about to go? Because if that's the case, I'm out.
Speaker 2: I'm out.
Speaker 3: Kansas was like, we ain't doing this, And in that moment I really felt bad for Candace because if I was in her shoes. Not only did Ashley say to me, your husband DMed me at two forty five in the morning, saying come to the w because the picture was you and another female having fun at another event. She now has to be with Gazelle, and one thing about Candace Dialer Bassett baby call her a rolex because she knows what time it is. Baby, she knows that Giselle is the queen baby a multiplying a story and she looked at Giselle green eyeball and said, oh my gosh, this is about to be the storyline this season. And she had to leave because I do believe she felt so much anxiety in her body that she had to exit stage left. And by stage left, bitch, it was the bathroom. So, I mean, this is going to be very interesting. As you all know, we had Candace on this podcast recently and she said things like, my husband does not want Giselle's.
Speaker 2: Fifty year old puss.
Speaker 3: Her words, not mine, And based on what I'm seeing, this is going to be very bad, very bad, so much so I'm not sure how Candace and Giselle are going to recover from this.
Speaker 2: But let me know what you guys think.
Speaker 3: Do you guys think that it was inappropriate for Chris to slide into Ashley dms and leave a comment in general, regardless if it was harmless or not, because it was two forty five in the morning and Ashley is a married woman, or do you all think it was innocent. Let me know, tweet me hashtagging reality with the King Baby. Without further ado, here is my conversation with Kimmy and Maurice from Love and Marriage Huntsville. All right, rain drops, we have one of the most attractive couples on reality television. The very sweet, the very motivating.
Speaker 2: The epitomy bothered this. They let get to them because they will check you. And I know you guys.
Speaker 3: Asked me all the time, like, Carlos, you're afraid of in life? Besides God, who I'm fearful of?
Speaker 2: Second would be Kimy.
Speaker 5: Ye not afraid.
Speaker 1: And Carlos, what was the moment that it actually started? Now?
Speaker 5: I remember this, and I wonder if you remember.
Speaker 2: No, you go first, man.
Speaker 6: No, I remember for you when we were getting married in Miami. We were getting married in Miami and production kind of took over and I kind of wasn't happy, and you literally left, literally left, and you said I picked my battles. You said I picked my battles, and Carlos was like, I'm gonna leave that with y'all.
Speaker 5: Miami, Was that what you gonna it was?
Speaker 4: Miami said, You'll never know.
Speaker 3: We were here one thing I love about the two of you is the fact that none of you grew up thinking like I'm going to be a celebrity or that my life was going to be on television.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 3: So to have this boy from Maurice's hometown of the d Detroit, Michigan, to come into your life to say I'm going to do a reality show, it gets picked up because Miss Winfrey loved it. Then to say, oh, you're getting married, We're going to film your wedding.
Speaker 5: For National TV.
Speaker 6: Whoever thinks of that big exactly.
Speaker 3: I produced a lot of wedding specials, and one thing I.
Speaker 2: Know is you let the bride on her day do what she wants.
Speaker 3: Yes, we're all like interfering on Keimmy's day. And usually when a reality star has a wedding special or her wedding is filmed, she's been on TV for me, so she gets us to the camera. So when Kim's defense, y'all, I understood like, oh, sisin't.
Speaker 2: Fuck it with me. So guess what I'm going to do.
Speaker 3: I Am going to exist stage lab as, I am going to talk to Mars.
Speaker 2: And the rest in history.
Speaker 6: And somebody asked me on another interview as a matter of fact, like it was I hesitant and I was like, no, not at all.
Speaker 5: Like that was first season. We were excited. We wanted to do everything. I said.
Speaker 6: Ask me in fifth season if I let them film my way?
Speaker 3: Oh already know already again carlos Key picks his battles. One thing that I and the audience loved about the two of you, y'all come across so authentic and real when it comes to the show. I was go on record saying I don't think the two of you have been affected by the fame, but I want to hear from you, knowing that here you are trying to just live your everyday life. Cameras start to follow you. Now you're famous. You guys have the number one show on the Oprah Winfrey Network.
Speaker 2: What does that feel like.
Speaker 6: I don't feel like a celebrity. I don't feel famous from start to finish. That was never my goal when you met us. Our goal was providing community service. This just gives us a much bigger and nicer platform to do it. So I'm truly unbothered when people want to say hi, or talk or stop you in the airport or in the grocery store or Walmart, because I feel we were afforded a platform to kind of continue doing some of the stuff that we actually want to do. As vocal as people think I am, I'm actually pretty private. Like you know, I don't care to be a celebrity, Like I don't care to be us. That's not my goal. So when people say, oh, she not booked and busy, I'm okay with that because I go work. So I'm enjoying where we are because it was totally unexpected and I would like to make the best of you know, where we are in this moment.
Speaker 2: And what would you say, Maurice, pretty much.
Speaker 4: The same thing. You know, I've never been looking for fame.
Speaker 1: But remember Carlos, when we first got on the show, we said we wanted to be good, you know, and we said we wanted to be number one.
Speaker 4: Whatever number one was, that's what we wanted.
Speaker 1: And that's I think that's that's an attestment to all of the people that were on this show, the original six. Of course, we were looking like, guys, if we're gonna do something, we want to do it big and we want to be good at it. But ultimately, of course we didn't all know what comes with that, you know, so, but the good side of what comes with it is that your words are more impactful no matter what you're saying.
Speaker 4: You know, what travels further.
Speaker 6: And Carlos like this is like what I see in and I just kind of stick with the original six and how I know them as people. Everybody seems to be doing what they wanted to do from the beginning, like literally, so you know, my goal wasn't to be on the runway with Mail doing whatever that was Male's goal. Male's doing what Mail wants to do, what Males set.
Speaker 5: Out to do.
Speaker 6: Marcel and commercial real estate, you know, strip malls and building and you know, providing that kind of service to the community.
Speaker 5: Marshall's doing what Marshall wanted to do.
Speaker 6: And so, you know, I get kind of put off sometimes when everybody compares you to the next person. I don't want to do what Male's doing. I don't want to do what Marshall's doing. I want to do what I'm doing. And this platform has afforded every single one of these initial couples to do exactly what they wanted to set out to do.
Speaker 5: And I think that's awesome.
Speaker 2: No, it is awesome.
Speaker 3: And when we first started to do this show, each one of you guys, separately and as couples, had your own agenda and I'm happy to say that has never waigbired. The intention has never waigbired. And what happens when you become famous, especially whether it's a daytime talk show, a late night talk show, or reality TV. And the reason I'm bringing those things up is because you're in America's homes either daily or weekly, and in this case is every Saturday night. People feel like they know you. I love the Love and Marriage Hunts Bill fans, Lord knows I do, and I thank them for making us number one.
Speaker 2: You know I do.
Speaker 3: I appreciate y'all because of you guys, we're number one. However, dot org oftentimes the fans like to pit the stars against each other, and it's sort of like female hip hop, where you have one fan base feeding something into the celebrity's ear. Ooh, this is a subtweet about you, girl. Look what they're saying about you. And that happens a lot, especially with the Love and Marriage Hunts Bille fans.
Speaker 2: They love to pit all the y'all against each other.
Speaker 3: And the one thing that I love about the two of you is y'all don't feed into the mess.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 6: Be clear, we do a little bit of clapping every now, because sometimes it's only so much you can take. Like sometimes you read a couple of things and you're like, what was you thinking? Like every now and then, so I don't want to even act like we don't ever get in the mix and kind of you know, say something here or there or whatever. But for the most part, in all fairness, some of the comments, some of the things that I look at, I think they're substantiated in some of them, and so I look at it as Okay, yeah, maybe I could have said that different, or maybe I could have done that different. I personally don't take every single jab as they're wrong and I'm right. That's me personally. I don't take every jab as I'm the one that's right and they're wrong. However, sometime they're wrong, sometime they're really wrong, sometimes they're really wrong.
Speaker 3: Give me an example, Kimmy, of when they got it really wrong.
Speaker 5: Few examples for.
Speaker 6: Me, you know, like people say, oh, they don't have storylines and this, that and the other.
Speaker 5: One of the biggest storylines. Obviously for us was.
Speaker 6: The whole Siegick thing, you know, and I've absolutely never been asa chick ever. Whatever happened in their household happened before they knew who a Kimmy was. Papers were signed like that whole thing, and it was just nothing that you could say that, Oh, Kimmy's not being honest, Kimmy's not being transparent, and I'm.
Speaker 5: Like, except things happened with.
Speaker 6: Them before Kimmy ever showed up and the people who it happened with, No, it was not a moment of transparency for me.
Speaker 5: It was never a moment of transparency for me.
Speaker 6: It was a story that they wanted to run with and they did, and to be fair, four years later, we're not running with it anymore.
Speaker 5: So it's not a storyline. But that was one thing.
Speaker 6: The Atlanta trip. Oh, Kimmy didn't know where Maurice was, except Kimmy did. And the fact that we sat on a stage age with six people looking at Maurice like like we knew where he was that we didn't find out at the reunion. Oh no, Maurice was in Atlanta, And it just and that's funny.
Speaker 2: You see, why did you bring that up marine.
Speaker 3: The fans want to know, why did you lie to your boy, Carlos.
Speaker 1: I didn't lie to Carlos. This is what happened, Carlos. Think about this. If you have a drink, right, I'm gonna use Marcel's analyzy and you talked he in there, do you drink that drink? No?
Speaker 4: Why because it's tainted.
Speaker 1: Once you said the extra part, it became tainted, so I can't answer in the affirmative.
Speaker 5: So it happened, Carlos. It was a mess. It was an unnecessary mess. And with Merrying the best.
Speaker 6: Communicator I know, I stand to reason with him that even if he felt like You're question was given in two parts, you answer in two parts.
Speaker 5: It's very simple to me.
Speaker 6: So like I wasn't stressed out for the backlash because I felt like he brought it on hisself.
Speaker 4: Hey, Carlos, let me let me get in here real quick.
Speaker 1: If you look back at the camera, you actually see me look up because I had to process that.
Speaker 4: How am I going.
Speaker 3: While you're processing a lie or a way to get out of it.
Speaker 4: A way to answer your question and get out of it.
Speaker 3: You were trying to find a way of asking my question without incriminating yourself as your brother, as a brother.
Speaker 5: As a friend, as all of that, as all of that.
Speaker 1: The one thing I don't do is I'm a very loyal individual. So I tried my best not to throw people in front of the bus and then back it up on them. That right, there was a really tough question.
Speaker 5: It wasn't that tough. It wasn't at all. None of us.
Speaker 4: Now except for everybody, was sweating. As soon as they get off the stage. They're like, oh my god, I can't.
Speaker 6: Get to sweating because they got to remember the story they told during the course of the year. That's why they sweating. If you know your story to be correct all year long, it ain't no sweat. I was tickled that Carlos was doing the reunion. I was come through.
Speaker 1: I was excited until we started asking them deep questions.
Speaker 4: You're like, I would like to know a little bit more.
Speaker 2: I was like, let's go into the reunion.
Speaker 3: I had no plans of hosting the reunion, like zero, I don't think people know this story. So you guys will get the exclusive. Kimmy and Marie and and my rain dropped. We had a host that we wanted to do it. That person because the scheduling reasons couldn't do it.
Speaker 2: And this is the god to honest truth.
Speaker 3: When that person said I'm so sorry, I'm unavailable, I was mad because I was like, oh.
Speaker 2: My god, gosh, like, who's gonna do it? Because because I'm a.
Speaker 3: Producer first, and that's the thing that I don't think people realize that.
Speaker 2: My mind went into well.
Speaker 3: Damn well, who's gonna who's gonna true story.
Speaker 2: I spent hours like who's gonna host it?
Speaker 3: I'm gonna give y'all some names, I said, but maybe I can convince ev Angela du Again, who's the vice president of development. I called her, and I hate giving anybody disappointing news, and I said, girl, you know so and so can't do it.
Speaker 2: I'm so disappointed.
Speaker 3: I don't know what to do because we're taping the reunion in two weeks and I don't and Carlos King does not have a host for this explosive ad season because it's been because of COVID, it's been over a year since we had a reunion. Angela said, honey, you should host it, Like, I don't understand why you're so disappointed. It needs to be you anyway, because I haven't hosted a reunion in years. And then I was like, really, long story York. We had a meeting with the network. We pitched a couple of names. Angela said, we're going to add the name to the mix. I added my name to the mix. Network said we agree with Angela that you're the obvious choice, but we got to get it clear with Miss Winfrey.
Speaker 2: And I was like, oh gosh, if.
Speaker 3: Miss Whitfrey says no, I'll gonna be like both day of lows like you ate that guy, like there you are. But long story short, Miss Winfrey gave her blessing. That's how I became the host. So we made it a part of the show the reunion to let you guys know who was hosting it. Kimmy and Melody gave the best reactions, and Maurice did too. It was sort of like, Okay, he's fair, he knows us, and because we're all friends, it's going to be a conversation versus an interrogation kind of.
Speaker 4: That's how it started.
Speaker 6: And I think I think they know the background, and so I think for me, good interviewer is somebody who knows the show, knows the background, and so when I answer a question and you say, okay, I hear you. But in season two, episode three, I think you said so and so and so and so, what did you mean by that. I think that's a good interviewer. I think that's a good host that kind of gets down to the nitty gritty, like, yeah, I hear what you're saying up here on the stage, but this is what played out.
Speaker 5: In the show.
Speaker 6: And sometimes when you have hosts that don't really actually watch the show as religiously, they're unable to do that. They simply have cards with questions and it's more mechanical, you.
Speaker 5: Know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: And so I was very happy that it was going to be you because I felt like you would come with the emotion.
Speaker 5: It's like your baby.
Speaker 1: I think that you Carlos do remember that we said you should host a.
Speaker 4: Long time ago.
Speaker 5: Who said that's true? Rue said it first.
Speaker 3: Kimmy is so supportive. She was like, it should be you, and she she's so sweet. She was like, and you're just really fucking good at it. Like I was happy to do it. But my reason, my question for you is this, in the beginning, you were happy.
Speaker 2: I was hosting it. At what point doing the reunion? Who were you like, oh shit.
Speaker 1: There was some questions that you were asking Martel and I was like, he's relentless, Like Carlos actually could be a really good lawyer for depositions. I bring Carlos in for the deposition. You did a really, really good job. They're like, why is anybody ever hosting anything else?
Speaker 4: Loving Marriageonsville.
Speaker 3: When it comes to Maurice and Kimmy, y'all are kind of like the fan favorites in the sense of, like, people just love y'all relationship. They love that y'all represent people who hold other people accountable. And Kimmy, we've seen how you navigated through troubled waters with Tisha and missus Why And the one thing that one hundred percent of the people have said about you navigating through those relationships is you are very clear and direct on the messaging and no one can say Kimmy wasn't clear. But I also know it's very difficult for you going through that. Tomork to his moment with t Shenwanda, how difficult was it for you because not only are you on a reality show, you're on a reality show with your family you know, like you're brought in family.
Speaker 6: Well, I'm the brought in, and so like being the brought in, you really don't try to stir the waters like you really don't in this entire scenario. That was probably is probably the most difficult for me because there's certain things we just don't see eye to eye. And even though we're not going at it every day, it doesn't necessarily mean that our viewpoints have changed.
Speaker 5: We've just learned to acquiesce.
Speaker 6: Meet in the middle on some things that we may not agree with, and at the end of the day, I feel like here in Huntsville, we're the core of our family, like the four of us, and so it affected us well beyond a TV show, you know, So navigating that has been super difficult.
Speaker 5: It's been super difficult.
Speaker 6: Wanda is Wanda, and as much as I love Wanda and her personality, I feel that there are times when she pushes the envelope with me anyway, I feel there's time she pushes the envelope. And as people have come to know me, it's not very many people I.
Speaker 5: Give much leverage to in pushing that envelope, and.
Speaker 6: So it's been hard because she teaches mom like it's hard she sees Mom so like when she talked greasy Jalen, I'm gonna feel some kind of way. One of this situation has probably been a little bit more difficult than me and t because I feel like me and Tea have come to understand that we've learned something about each other. I'm still figuring Wanda out and so it makes it It makes it tenuous.
Speaker 5: It makes it tenuous.
Speaker 3: Who child, I hate interrupt, but we'll be right back with more of my conversation with Kimmy and Maurice right after this quick break. This is reality with the King, and I'm Carlos King. Let's get back into my conversation with Kimmy and Maurice. Kimmy doesn't call me at all or a lot. I would say, right, I would never get this. I'm on set on another show. Kimmy Scott text me and she said so kindly, Hi, Carlos, don't want to bother you, but can you talk?
Speaker 2: And I was like, this ain't good because Kimmy bothers me.
Speaker 3: So I called Kimmy in our very personal conversation. The one thing that Kimmy shared was this situation between Tash and I is real and I can't have a TV show come in between my relationship. And I understand that we're doing real life. And yes, I signed up to give you guys my real life. She said, I just need to hear from you that this isn't something that is going to be labored and get bigger and bigger and bigger, because this is my family.
Speaker 5: Do you remember this, Kimmy, Absolutely, And you're right. I don't call. But like I'm saying, it was bleeding over into reality.
Speaker 6: I just felt like it was just getting pushed in a couple of different directions, and I just, I just I didn't want that to happen.
Speaker 5: I just I didn't want that to happen.
Speaker 6: I try to think about things that I say, because you can't take words back, you can't take actions back, you can't take words back, and so some of the things that were happening between us were things.
Speaker 5: That people can't take back.
Speaker 6: I'm Aquarius, and so I'm a holder on I hold on I do. I hold on to stuff, and so when people say things to me or do things to me in anger or in the heat of the moment, I remember it and I hold on to it and I'm not saying that's right. I'm just saying I'm a holder on. I wanted to be transparent, I wanted to be open, I wanted it to be fixed, and I wanted to do what I signed up to do. However, it was just it was an area that I was uncomfortable in and I just didn't know how to navigate.
Speaker 1: One of the things, I would say that through this, I think that kimmunity has been forced to grow in some areas because up until this point, it's all right to you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know. So now it's.
Speaker 1: Actually forced her to push past certain things to you know, find ways to compromise and work things out.
Speaker 5: And that's like.
Speaker 6: Another misnomer I guess from the show, and people will say, like, oh, Ken, we did this, and she's still talking about.
Speaker 5: And she still no.
Speaker 6: Y'all kind of maneuver some situations because they make us have conversations that sometimes I would normally have, I am a legit, don't give a fuck, like I'm a legit. I'm finished, Like I just don't have the time or energy. And so I've said that since season one. I think there are times, because it's a show, you force us to have conversations that normally we actually wouldn't have, you know, and to the at the end of the day, some of them have been productive.
Speaker 3: You know, when you sign onto your reality show, it sort of puts you in this position to where you have to have conversations that you ordinarily would just not have or ignore, but because you're on a show, correct it has to make sense of the audience. You have to go to the beginning, the middle, and the end. What is your relationship? Like with Tsha and Wanda, we're in.
Speaker 5: A much better place.
Speaker 6: I think a lot of things have happened in our lives as adults to make us understand that.
Speaker 5: It's not about the small stuff. I can honestly.
Speaker 6: Say our relationship isn't exactly where it was before the show. That's just an honest statement because things have said, it been said and transpired, and you know, you just kind of see different angles of people where you accept people where they are. There's some things about me that I feel like she feels she's had to accept that she didn't feel like she knew before and vice versa.
Speaker 5: Wanda and I we we.
Speaker 6: It's not like we talked on the phone or anything, but even offscreen, we still had some situations where I think Wanda has been out of pocket. You know, like every person on this show protects their kids and their husbands, their and whatnot, and so we've had situations even still where Wanda, in my opinion, has spoken out a turn to my kid and it's not.
Speaker 5: Cool on me.
Speaker 6: And you know, the apologies after the fact I get. I think they get old, like at some point you just stop. You know, We're still kind of back and forth because I just think she takes leverage some time to say what doesn't need to be said.
Speaker 3: I want to go back a little bit to season one because in the beginning of the season, it was rumored in Huntsville that Martell was stepping out. And one thing I know, because I have six brothers, is that boys don't tell on each other. Talk to me about how in the beginning, because y'all are so close, how troublesome that was because you're on a TV show, to be real, but you also know this is your homeboy who's going through something that you're not too sure is going to end well.
Speaker 4: Carlos, I know that. I don't know if you know.
Speaker 1: The conversations that we had but it actually was a packed and it wasn't just a pack between the guys. It was a pack between the six of us because we knew about all of this stuff before the show started, and it was shocking to us. Like if you saw my face in the episode. We're all sitting around the dining room, so we're talking about.
Speaker 4: This and I still didn't know that it was gonna go full tilt.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying, you know, it was one of those wood if questions, you know, because when we used to all get around, Mail would always have these wood if questions that would get it going. Like some couples they might fight that night. Other couples, you know, they might cuddle that night.
Speaker 4: We don't know. Based on the wood if question, I thought it could have been a.
Speaker 1: Wood if question, but nonetheless, based on what they had already went through, it was a shocking question that that was the what if?
Speaker 6: It was all six of us, We all seix because we were friends and we did no stuff about each other. We all sick, sat down and full transparency because fans will probably not all be that happy, but we all said, what's things y'all don't want to talk about, Like whatever you don't want to talk about let us know right now so we don't accidentally touch on it, you see what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: And that was one of the things that they act. And this is funny.
Speaker 6: One of the first two episodes, we were doing my bridal shower filming and they wanted Maurice and the Eye to talk about the rumors and me and Maurice kept dancing around it and we was talking about everything else and not doing it.
Speaker 5: I remember you, Angela, y'all pulled us out the bathroom, pulled us right in here, right here into the hall and said, what is going on? Why won't you talk? Da da da da da?
Speaker 6: And we told you we had this conversation and they asked us not to talk about it, like they asked us not to talk about it.
Speaker 4: You're wasting my film and you're wasting my time.
Speaker 1: They're talking about it and we're talking about it. And I was like, well, all right, back to business.
Speaker 6: And so that was like a for real, honest thing. We didn't we didn't know how they wanted to approach it, and they were our friends.
Speaker 1: And to me, Carlos, more than anything, it's embarrassing than herful right, who would ever want to hurt their friends, you know, on a national platform.
Speaker 6: They weren't here at our house when that happened, so when things started going left, we.
Speaker 5: Were like, we were trying to protect y'all.
Speaker 2: And that is very true, obviously.
Speaker 3: I said this on the behind the scenes special that I think two years ago or three years ago, a week before we were shooting a pilot episode. Melody was like, I got to tell you something. Martella's cheating on me. It's been going on for a very long time.
Speaker 2: I was shocked because when I met them.
Speaker 3: They pitched me like an HGTV type show among themselves, and based upon what they presented to me, I was.
Speaker 2: Like, this brother is sprung off of a Melody hold.
Speaker 3: He lets her shine you like she is like this star and he's like, here you go.
Speaker 2: Baby.
Speaker 3: But long story short, that dinner scene you're talking about Maurice, because we knew the information because Melody shared it with us. It was a moment of what do y'all normally do? How do you address up? And Melody did say Maurice. I asked these what if questions and it gets the party started.
Speaker 2: Pretty much.
Speaker 3: We had no idea what the question was going to be, so I said to her, look, let's just shoot this pilot. If you want to pursue it afterwards, great, If not, no love loss, but I believe in God's destiny and if we get picked up for a season, is meant to be. So when she asked that one a question about what if you know this whole thing about respectful cheating, and Maurice gave the best reaction Kimmy and her ponytail and her off the shoulder was like, was like, uh, there's there's there's a thing called respectful cheating.
Speaker 2: Like what are we doing here?
Speaker 3: And because of that dinner scene, when the network saw the pilot, you know, obviously they love the fact that they kept saying like, these are some beautiful couples who are smart and successful, and that was the draw to them. The comeback group initiative was the draw to them. So we knew we had that the network had no idea that you guys had this interesting personal story going on, and when they saw that dinner scene, they were like, oh, we have a like we have a show, show, show, show, show, like this is going to be something interesting. Because I was shocked that Martelle was doing that and the network was shocked. All of those elements, being attractive, being successful, The comeback group, in addition to the personal story, is truly what made the network say we want this show. When did you guys feel that, hmm, we have a hit show in our hands.
Speaker 2: What was that moment for the two of you?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 5: I think that was early for me. For me, it was early. I would say.
Speaker 6: Season two easy because and I say this as humbly as I can. I've said it to other interviewers. I believe the collective to be a gold mine. I think it was literally a nugget of gold that was found. I think our interpersonal relationships, our personalities, our characters. I think that who we bring to the table as people is phenomenal. And this is just an honest, you know cast statement. I always felt like some of the earlier episodes were a little better than the older ones, only because I felt like we were really allowed to be who we were in the beginning, like say what you want, do what you want. Sometimes after a little bit of editing, you get a little more cautious of your words.
Speaker 5: You get and you just do by nature.
Speaker 6: You get a little more, you hold back a little more after you see it edited out a little bit like I'm not gonna say that, or I'm not going to take a breath in between this, and then you can't cut it out.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 6: So I feel like in the beginning, we all were just a little bit more giving of our real personalities, and I think that matters.
Speaker 1: I think that all six of us, the original six, brought something very unique and everybody is strong in that specific space.
Speaker 3: You guys are one hundred percent correct. This show, Love and Matter Hansville was lightning in a bottle. I instantly fell in love with this sixth of y'all, the original six, the three couples, Martel, Melody, Maurice Keimmy, Tisha, marceauf It's hard to describe to the audience how a producer feels when he or she is introduced to a collective that is rooted in reality with a backdrop being Huntsville, Alabama and everything that just came so organically real, you know when it came to the show, And I believe that's the reason why the show was an instant hit, Like people instantly love the show because all of the elements of aspiration, inspiration and wait, what's going on? In this household. All of that played into the success of the show. And listen, I'm not perfect, nor am my producers, and life isn't perfect and the casting perfect.
Speaker 2: And the one thing that I.
Speaker 3: Will say is, you know, my biggest goal moving forward, honestly, and I'm saying this publicly so holds me accountable.
Speaker 2: I want to get back to the basics of the show.
Speaker 3: And what I mean when I say that is I was watching a cut that you guys haven't seen yet, and it's the original six having a dinner scene based upon what happened with Wanda and Melody and the home of Donnie Melee and the absolute moment the sixth of y'all set down, and this is a true story. I was watching on a Sunday and I was like, this is what I need to get back to.
Speaker 2: Like there, it was just something.
Speaker 3: It was something, something magical happens when the sixth of y'all are together, and I would like to get back to that.
Speaker 2: And I agree with you.
Speaker 3: I think in the beginning, I'll say this, I think in the beginning everybody was hungry, like, oh my, like we want to be double what we're gonna We're gonna give everything.
Speaker 2: To it, and I and and listen, this is no shade to anybody.
Speaker 3: I always say to people, I have no idea what it's like to be on reality TV telling my personal business.
Speaker 2: I don't know what that feels like.
Speaker 3: And I'll always say to people, I understand that at some point it comes to time where you're like, I don't want to talk about it, I don't want to dress it. I'm not gonna say how I really feel because I don't feel like dealing.
Speaker 2: With the backlash of it.
Speaker 3: And my hope, and I believe this will happen, but my hope is that we do get back to the original way the show was, which, honestly, and I know the listeners are like, whatever, Carlos, you like messy, ratchet shit.
Speaker 2: And listen, you know, listen, listen.
Speaker 3: We all do, we all do, Let's be clear, but you need a little out of it with little sprinkles. But I next season, I want to see more of the sixth of y'all in the same room, and I know they somewhere we are right now.
Speaker 2: That's a tall challenge.
Speaker 3: However, I am not going to rest until we all collectively agreed that our relationships may not ever be the same. But but we all love this show, and we all gave our all to this show, and let's get back to doing that in a way that is honest when it comes to the six of us. So I wanted to let you guys know that already spoiled what my meeting was going to be about.
Speaker 2: But I still have more to say.
Speaker 3: Thanks gonna say on the podcast, but you know that's the main thing.
Speaker 2: But do y'all agree with me one hundred pc?
Speaker 1: I think that if you saw the meteoric rise that we all had when we were collective, it was just so much diversity in the room. And there's so many different viewpoints about everything now. Mind you, on one side, it's a challenge, and it makes you sharpen your sword when you're bringing your ideas to the table because it's going to be challenged. However, you know you have six different viewpoints of how to make it right, how to make it successful, a different way of looking at it, and those what if questions.
Speaker 4: I can tell you.
Speaker 1: These girls, you need to show the audience the unedited version of.
Speaker 6: No, it was too long. Remember, Carlos would get angry, like I said, stop talking. It's over, and we would talk forever and ever and ever.
Speaker 5: He says that y'all are adults. I know you know what mean, you know, I know you understand when I say stopped talking.
Speaker 4: There was but there was so much. There was so much that we were talking about. I know, you remember that, Carlos.
Speaker 1: There were some really good nuggets that we left on the floor, trust me.
Speaker 5: But Carlos was funny.
Speaker 6: Is that those same things y'all filmed that went on for hours when we were upstairs in Cotton Road see first season, when we were in the dining room, when we were out in the little cotton field, that go on for hours. That was like real life. We would talk for literally hours on end about those kind of things, And in all fairness, we really thought a fair share of those would be played out to where it elicited conversation male female conversation, husband wife conversation, you know, builder contractor conversation where contractors disagree, you know what I mean. So we've we've always been in that little vein about just kind of spurring on conversation.
Speaker 5: Part of the reason the Comeback Group had such a hard time was.
Speaker 6: Because those meetings went on for hours without resolution.
Speaker 4: With revolution. Do you remember when the cameraman, Yes, it was.
Speaker 3: Like they're talking about the same ship for two But listen hours as a producer, listen as a producer, But that GOSSI show you there was it was just it was honesty and there was a not only just respect, but camaraderie, and y'all cared about each other, because when you don't care about the body, you will walk off the scene be like I'm done. And that was the beauty of it and I'm hoping to get back to that. And when it comes to the two of you, do you guys miss the friendships that y'all have with each other in the beginning as a collective.
Speaker 4: I do.
Speaker 1: I think that ultimately everybody was in a better place at that time, you know, business.
Speaker 4: Wise, notoriety wise, and all.
Speaker 1: The rest of that stuff. Of course, we're light years beyond beyond where we were. However, I think when you when you strip away all of that stuff, what do you want to leave. You want to have relationships, you want to have love, you want to have things that matter outside of you know, the money. And I think that that's uh, that to me has always been important. I think it speaks to you know, my character, and I think that collectively is the six of us. If we can rebuild those relationships, then I think that we'd be much better off.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I miss I missed the excitement of how much we actually enjoyed each other, like and and and anybody. I'll tell you I was pretty much the outlier of the six. But even with that being said, I like the energy, Like when Martell Mellie would get up in Texas six o'clock. We going camping today, or we're going hiking, or let's go to Memphis, or let's go to Nashville. That's you know, that was that was fun. The spontaneity of it as friends was fun. To see all of us enjoying each other's company was fun.
Speaker 5: You know. Obviously the times when we had.
Speaker 6: A little tension, that's not fun, you know, like I don't want that part back, But.
Speaker 3: Kemmy, what was interesting is it was still fun. Like I tell people this all the time. My favorite season of Love and Marriage Huntsville.
Speaker 2: Again.
Speaker 3: I don't know what season we end, so I'll just tell y'all what happened that season. I loved the Vegas trip and I almost tell you why. And This is why I know we can get back to that. Melody Martell was still divorced. Everybody was out of place in their lives. Well, I think they're kind of still there. But it was magical when y'all all were in the same room together, kicking back, drinking in the pool, and you don't have to always agree with each other, but there was just this It was this.
Speaker 2: Love that y'all had for each other.
Speaker 3: And I know that we'll never get back to where people were four years ago, but if we could get back to where y'all were in Vegas, where we're around each other, we can have dinners, we can hang out. Tisha Melody can co exist in the same room and have conversations and have each other's back. You know, Kimmy can have a disagreement with Marceau and Tsha and still be like, let's go out to have dinner, go.
Speaker 2: To the club. Like I know that.
Speaker 3: Again, there is something about the original six And I know that may sound shady to the other cast members, and it's not shade.
Speaker 5: And no shade, but it is what it is.
Speaker 2: It is what it is, and at the end of.
Speaker 3: The day, the show is where it's at because of the six of y'all, period point and the blank. This show would not be Where's at if we took out one.
Speaker 2: I always say this, and I'll say it.
Speaker 5: Again me too.
Speaker 2: I will always say it.
Speaker 3: Love and Marriage Huntsville became the number one show on own because of the original six, because it was definitely lightning in a bottle and people miss the six of y'all just talking to each other.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and you can't take one out without the other. People say all the time, Oh, you need to have your own show.
Speaker 6: Yeah know, like it's the six and it works with the six. You see what I'm saying, Like, you don't have to love me, you can love mail. You don't have to love mail, you can love tea. Like it's something for everybody. It literally is something for everybody. And that's the part I like it, like real talk. I mean, like everybody ain't gonna like you. It's all good like somebody else.
Speaker 1: Hey, Carlos, this is this is how you can tell that that's true, is that every single person has become the villain at one time.
Speaker 4: Love and they all become the villain at one time, every single one of them.
Speaker 1: That's true, right, So yeah, I'd love for the six to get you know, back together, get to a place to where at least we spurred the conversation.
Speaker 4: But there's one thing I need to add, man, I have to say this.
Speaker 1: We keep saying number one on on I want to remove just the own part too.
Speaker 4: We need to be just number one period. That's what we need to be on next.
Speaker 2: Well, look you're on your way.
Speaker 3: You guys are the number one reality show on Saturday nights and oftentimes oftentimes you're number one in African American households.
Speaker 2: Like you guys, see the receipts, and.
Speaker 3: Again it's because of this show we're able to spin off into other territories, DC being one of them.
Speaker 5: And I just think that's honorable.
Speaker 3: And that's what Yes, because of the sixth of y'all, because I've met with Mela Martel, because of unbelieving in the show.
Speaker 2: It helped all of us. It helped me, it helped you guys, Like.
Speaker 3: I don't think it's an issue saying thank you to people that had some sort of way into your destiny. I think that just glorifies God that we all can work together. So the idea of a franchise for a black owned production company is a big deal because it doesn't happen every day. I want all of my babies to be successful. And that's the reason why. After the reunion, Carlos King's coming to Huntsville and we're going to have a nice little dinner at Cotton Row so that we can continue onto great pests. But the author aside. Before I let you'all go, I just want to say this. Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you. Thank you for being a part.
Speaker 2: Of the show. Thank you for being a part of my life.
Speaker 3: Thank you for what you guys bring to the show, to the table. It means the world to me that four to five years later we're still able to have a conversation where we can laugh and joke. And I love you guys more than you could ever imagine. And I thank you guys for being a part of this.
Speaker 4: Thank you Carlos and we love you too, yes.
Speaker 6: And your professionalism and your creativity and what you've made of this situation.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 4: You do it in love, all right.
Speaker 3: So, kim Memories, where can people find you? Follow you, support you all those great things.
Speaker 6: So of course I'm on Facebook and I'm Kimmy Scott y'all notice I changed that. I don't know if y'all notice, but I'm Kimmy Scott because I'm married to him, so therefore my name is Kimmy Scott. And then on Instagram and on Twitter, m K I M M, I underscore KALs.
Speaker 1: I'm on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram at Miami rees.
Speaker 3: That would such a fun interview Kimmy and Maurice.
Speaker 2: They're so fun.
Speaker 3: Together, and based on that conversation, I'm happy we were able to discuss the future of the Love and Marriage Huntsville Show.
Speaker 2: Because I'll say.
Speaker 3: It once, I'll say it again, the original six as they like to call them, I would like to see them get back to a place at least where they can be cordial and get along for the greater good of the community.
Speaker 2: But let me know what you think.
Speaker 3: Is that something you think can happen or child?
Speaker 2: Is it over?
Speaker 3: Tweet me hashtagging Reality with the King and let me know. Thank you for listening to Reality with the King. New episodes drop every Wednesday and Friday, Share, comment, follow, and subscribe to Reality with the King.
Speaker 2: Wherever you get your podcast.
Speaker 3: Visit Reality Withtheking dot com and be sure to follow me at the Carlos King underscore on Instagram and Twitter, tweak me your thoughts and hot takes about this episode using the hashtag.
Speaker 2: Reality with the King.
Speaker 3: Reality with the King is a production of More Sauce by Stitcher. It is executive produced by Me, Carlos King, and Jasmin Heinley Brown. We are also produced by Lashik Lotus Lee and Laporta Thomas engineering and music by Marcus halk
Speaker 2: Moissauce