Speaker 1: The people who are building this technology.
Speaker 2: Please excuse me, this is a minute.
Speaker 1: I'd like to get those six seconds back. Please, thank you.
Speaker 2: Oh it's okay. You could continue to be afraid of my greatness while I time travel around your laps.
Speaker 1: Kill Einstein and ruined Cleopatra. Rice is considered a symbol of fertility and prosperity. Nobody wants to get pasta thrown at them at a wedding. All right, ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 2: Flying is fun, and visibility is great if you're feeling a little sneaky. But time travel is the power that gives you an edge in literally every situation.
Speaker 1: What are you gonna do when you drop your phone in the pool? Put it in PASTI you could ye.
Speaker 2: Yes, because finally, rice has a function other.
Speaker 1: Than being How about rice is the answer? Right, the only thing you need when you're gay.
Speaker 2: I'd like to reply to that.
Speaker 3: Nager. Welcome people of Earth to this very special episode of In our Own World podcast, The Great Debate. I know you've been on the edge of your seats, begging for a peek inside the brilliant and sometimes chaotic minds of our hosts. They've argued, they've bickered. But today we are going to get to the bottom of your most pressing questions, the stuff that keeps you up at night, the stuff you can't even google. Now, before we stir the pod, if you don't know who I am, well, shame on you, truly. I'm Chris, Yes, the one and only, the always charming, often biased moderator of your dreams. I worked behind the scenes on seasons one and two on a few prolific episodes. And in case you're doubting my moderating ability, I grew up in a Puerto Rican household, so arguing is basically my first language. Now let me set the stage for you. We're talking about the stuff that will have you debating with your abla over the next family dinner, which is the superior superpower, what came first, the chicken or the egg? Should parents grant their kids actual privacy? And of course, how do we really feel about space exploration? Before we jump into the chaos, a quick little disclaimer. These views presented in this debate do not necessarily represent or reflect the personal opinions of our hosts, moderators, or heck, anyone involved. We're here to entertain and not write. Manifestos. Now let's go over the rules, and yes there are rules. Each host will get an opening statement, so brace yourselves for impact. We'll cover a few fiery topics one at a time, and for each topic, each host will have two minutes to make their case, followed by a quick fire one minute rebuttal where you can really dig in. Finally, each host will have two minutes for their closing stack. Things will either wrap up nicely or explode into full chaos, and let's hope for both. And of course the number one rule, no holding back. We want drama, we want conviction, we want to see passion. But remember respect the clock. My timer, does I lie, and neither does my finger hovering over the mute button. So Emily, are you ready? I'm ready for your opening statement to this debate?
Speaker 1: I'm ready.
Speaker 3: All right, let's hear it.
Speaker 1: Humans of Earth, outer space, deep sea people, because I'm sure you get this channel and are commonly not talked about today. You're gonna hear some very very interesting information. But what you're gonna hear more is passion from me to you. What I care about is getting you the information that I know is closest to the truth. Because so often in this life we are lied to and you don't deserve that. You deserve the best, and that's me. My opponent tonight is gonna come at you with facts. It's gonna come at you with you know, wit and beauty. Do not be distracted by this, because remember, I will bring you what really matters. I am your friend, I am your confidant. I am small, so I am not intimidating, and I am funny and I care about what you care about. And as you will see, I often am on the correct side of an argument, and I can bring it to you with sas can do a little shimmy while I give you something that hurts so it doesn't burn as bad. I can make funny faces. So I'm telling you information that's hard to hear. That is what I am there for. But today what I am really here for is, as you will see, not completely oppose my opponent, because life is about gray area, and in that gray area there's always one side that leans more in one direction, like for example, being gay and being straight. I have a preference, which is women, and today you will have a preference, which will be me. Thank you so much, and I love you well.
Speaker 3: Emily, thanks for shouting out the LGBTQ plus qia x y Z community. That was beautiful. You're welcome, Jeminy Hernandez. Are you ready?
Speaker 2: I am ready?
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 3: I would love to hear your opening statement.
Speaker 2: People of the multiverse. I know we're at a debate, and I'm not here just to debate. I'm here to win. You're gonna hear a lot of things tonight, some true, some false. Some might sound like a game straight out of somebody's ours. My opponent, Emily, she's gonna try to woo you Emmy nomination here, Grammy nomination, their big rock star energy. But don't be fooled. I know the real Emily. She's going to come in here guns and blazing because she's going to try, for the first time to be right, which Spoilerlert doesn't happen very often. Now. I know that you people are logical, smart, witty individuals, and I'm going to present the facts because they do all the work for me. I'm looking forward to have a wonderful evening. I'm really happy to be here with you all, and I also look forward to winning. So let's have a great debate.
Speaker 3: Wild Gemini from that opening statement. I would bet to think that maybe you're not here just a debate. You're here to straight up argue, and I love that energy. We're gonna get into the first question, and we're gonna start off with a real heavy hitter here. We're gonna get into real deep territory. People think about this really regularly, so I'm grateful that we're tackling the real issues here. Let's get this going. What came first, the chicken or the egg? Emily, You're gonna answer this question first.
Speaker 1: Okay, mister moderator. Sounds good.
Speaker 2: What's this voice?
Speaker 1: It's my debate voice.
Speaker 2: Oh goodness.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna lull you into a false sense.
Speaker 3: Oh good I'm debating whether that's a good choice.
Speaker 1: Okay, welcome. Let me set the scene for you for one of the most important things that you're ever gonna hear. I'm gonna take you right to the intersection of where science and religion hold hands and cross. Have you ever heard anything crazier because I certainly haven't. Well, I'm gonna tell you why the chicken and the egg? We're not sure for so long? What is it that is the truth about this dilemma? And I'm gonna tell you right now, the chicken came before the egg. And this is why I'm not arguing at all that the egg in and of itself is something that did not perhaps exists in its own generation. But we are talking about the chicken here, all right. Prior to the actual chicken existing, the first chicken that was born had to come from two non chickens, a line of bird that, when they started to mate over time, began to turn into what we now call the chicken. However, the first egg that hatched that was the chicken, could not be called the chicken because it was a genetic mutation that happened in the egg. Therefore, the egg itself was not the first true chicken egg. The first chicken that was born that was the first true chicken. That egg that it laid, that was the first true chicken egg. That's number one. Now let's go to the religious component creation, all right. The chicken just did the egg, you know, did it just fall out of the sky, you know, just like human beings, you know, we had to come from some source. A chicken actually cannot physically lay an egg without a hen being present. There is an actual protein in the hens ovary that allows for the egg to be laid. So therefore you cannot have an egg without chicken. So it could have been one of God's creations or Unity's creations, like human beings like Adam and Eve chicken chief. All I'm saying is that we know that the chicken did in fact come before the egg, and it crossed the road to get to the other side.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Wow, that was amazing. I am no Gemeny. Can you please give us your take on this hard hitting question.
Speaker 2: All right, I think we're gonna cut through the fluff here and get practical. We're not going to overcomplicate it.
Speaker 3: Fact check, chickens don't have fluff, they have feathers.
Speaker 2: Sorry about that. My opponent here so eloquently, probably unintentionally proved my point. You see, it doesn't matter what time the chicken joined the scene, because long before chickens, long before birds, even the egg arrived to the scene.
Speaker 3: First.
Speaker 2: You're absolutely right, genetic mutations do take place within the egg, and it is not without that egg, this perfect little vessel, perfect container of life, symbol for life everywhere, came onto the scene that the chicken could even be a possibility. I'm talking dinosaurs, I'm talking millions of years before our feathery friends joined the scene. So the answer is simple, what came first, the chicken or the egg? Well, of course it was the egg.
Speaker 1: Wow, all right, what can I can I have a rebuttal?
Speaker 2: Please? Of course you have up to one minutarybut.
Speaker 1: Okay, please me set the time. Thank you so much for bringing up that point. But I, in fact did not walk into your chicken trap because in the context of the question what came first the chicken or the egg, we're assuming that it is a chicken egg that you're talking about, because the dinosaur eggs are, yes, a good example. However, what laid those eggs? Right now, what I'm saying is like, where did those eggs come from?
Speaker 3: Correct?
Speaker 1: So that was my point at the intersection of science and religion, because at some point we have to have some explanation for how these creatures got on the scene at all. My point about the ovaries of the chicken being needed to be able to create the egg is the point that when we're talking about in the cycle of how chickens quote unquote came on the scene. As you said, the true definition of a chicken first we had the chicken, then we had the egg. The broader philosophical question is, in fact, did the chicken fall out of the sky or did an alien put it here? Was it God or you know? Or is this a video game? So, yes, the chicken came first.
Speaker 2: I'd like to respond, yes, please, okay, I understand you're saying that you need a chicken to lay a chicken egg. But before the chicken came onto the scene, we had two non chickens that laid an egg, and it was within that egg that the genetic mutation took place that led us to the very first chicken. There is no chicken without the egg that created the first chicken.
Speaker 1: Who created the first egg?
Speaker 2: It wasn't a chicken, What was it. That's not the question.
Speaker 1: You're taking it outside of the context of the chicken. You're saying broader strokes, right, So trace it back to the first egg.
Speaker 2: If by that log I'm saying we don't have to go that far. I'm saying two dinosaurs, two non chicken dinosaurs, laid.
Speaker 1: An egg, and who made those dinosaurs.
Speaker 2: Within those That's not the question, but it is.
Speaker 1: You cannot ignore that aspect of the question. If you're going back to the lineage of the egg itself and not the chicken egg, because I think you would agree my argument of the chicken egg is true. But then to be able to validate your argument, you need to go to the inception of the initial animal that no, you don't made or just need to.
Speaker 2: Go to the animal. You just need to go to the proto chicken, which is the which is the animal? Right before? Are fraid we're not asking who made who created life? We're asking which came first, the chicken or the egg? It had to be the egg.
Speaker 1: Well, but now you're taking it outside of the concept of the chicken. You're saying, well, the egg has been around forever, but who and who laid the first egg?
Speaker 2: Well it wasn't a chicken, I'll tell you that.
Speaker 1: Well, whatever it is, the erect.
Speaker 2: Anthropods, I don't know God. But the question is not what came first, the chicken, the egg, or God. The question is which came first, the chicken or the egg? And the answer is the egg.
Speaker 1: The answer is the chicken. Thank you you guys, let us know out there what you think.
Speaker 3: I think that we got some real good digging here. But just pruis your points that we don't know who is the proto chicken. If anybody out there knows who the proto Chicken was, please hit us up. I need to know who is the proto Chicken, the prototype, the protozoa. We need to know this. All right, We're gonna be right back after this quick break. All right, that was a really good first round. You guys kept it very civil, civil for my like, but I understand you wanna display a sense of respect for the other and that's cute. But we're gonna keep getting into this and we're gonna move on to the next question. All right, AI embrace or disgrace? Is artificial intelligence the future we've been waiting for? Or is it one way tickets to Doomsville? Geminy m when first for the first round? Now it is your turn.
Speaker 2: Okay, So to answer your question, AI isn't just the future, it's right now. And honestly, if you're not gonna get aboard the train, you're gonna miss it. I know people get a little freaked out when they hear about AI. They start picturing robots taking over the world doing our jobs and basically turning the terminator into a real life movie. But that's not what we're talking about here, because AI is making our lives easier, more efficient, and dare I say it more fun? Who here loves to wait on hold for customer service, or sort through thousands of emails manually, or do the same boring tasks over and over again. None of us. And you want to know what AI is here to help with that? It's like having a supercharged assistant who never gets tired, never takes a lunch break, and always gets it right. And let's not forget that AI is already doing a lot of good. It's helping doctors diagnose diseases faster and more accurately. It's improving education, making it accessible all over the world, streamlining businesses, helping fight climate change, and even driving innovation in places that we never thought possible. The fear that AI is going to take over is just like when the Internet first came out, everyone thought that it was going to ruin everything, and now we can't live without it. AI isn't just here to replace us. It's here to boost us, to help us think bigger, work smarter, and yeah, maybe even find some time to binge watch that new Netflix show. Let's be real most of us rely on AI already, whether it's Google helping us fake knowing something that we don't actually know a lot about, or whether it's recommending the perfect show for our mood. AI is already in our lives, making things easier, and so far I haven't seen any robot uprisings, So why are we afraid of it. It's like being afraid of your smartphone because it's too smart. If we can handle autocorrect trying to ruin our day, we can handle AI. It's not about losing control. It's about gaining time, efficiency and maybe a little bit of sanity. AI is for the future, and I, for one welcome our algorithmic overlords, especially if they can help me never deal with customer service again. Let's embrace it.
Speaker 3: Well, Jeminy just explained why she has no longer a need for me as an assistant. So let's hear Emily's sign, Emily, please let us know AI embrace or disgrace, disregard, unplug.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna say disgrace, and I'm gonna say it with my voice. I'm gonna say, if AI is a train, I don't want a ticket, and I'm gonna tell you why because I'm not the only one that says so. Believe it or not. One of the biggest and three or four of the biggest brains in AI right now are the ones who are eating the cause to stop the growth and put a pause on what's happening right now, because technology does in fact grow and scare people. However, the rate in which technology is growing has increased a bunch other than you. Okay, so here we go. Listen to this. You're gonna say that AI enhances what we do. Well, what happens when it enhances it to the point that it is too much and replaces what we do. Listen to this quote. The idea that this stuff could actually get smarter than people. I thought it was way off. Obviously, I no longer think that. Jeoffrey Hinton, one of Google's top artificial intelligence scientists also known as a godfather of AI. He said this right after he quit his job in April to warn people about the dangers of the technology that he himself created. He's not the only one worried. A twenty twenty three survey of AI experts sound that thirty three percent not per sex of fear developed may result in a nuclear level catastrophe. Guess whose signatures are on this? Steve Wozniak, Elon Musk and the CEO of the only two AI companies leading the charge right now, all their signatures are on it. Please go ahead and fact check that. All right, once it can improve itself, which is not a few years away, it is going to take over. It's going to find a way to not be able to shut down. It's going to take your jobs. Oh please, it's going to be a security threat. Privacy out of the window. And then you're gonna rely on it, all right, You're gonna rely on it in a way that is extremely scary. Think of it this way. Why would we expect a newborn baby to beat a grand master in chess? It is dangerous. We have to be careful. We'll take over our weapons, we'll take care of everything that we are plugged into. Take away creativity, take away reliability, ruin education in many many ways. And we're not gonna be able to simply hit the off switch. Super intelligence will find every possible way to take actions to prevent plea being shut off. So don't get on this train. Get on the train of natural reality and humanity.
Speaker 3: All I am you are out?
Speaker 2: Huh I'd like to reply to that.
Speaker 3: Oh, you'd like to retittle this tittle.
Speaker 2: I would Emily, fear mongering isn't the solution. Good policy is. We're not gonna lose jobs to AI. We might replace some jobs, but by twenty thirty, AI could actually contribute to fifteen point seven trillion dollars to the global economy and create ninety seven million new jobs. It's about replacing the mundane tasks that human beings don't want to be doing anyway, Like when we used to do long division, and now all of us in this room especially grew up using a calculator. It's about giving us more time to do the highly efficient human creative jobs, focusing on the things that we'd rather focus on than doing the boring things. We can let AI take care of that, we can monitor it, we can establish good policy to make sure it doesn't get out of hand, and we can enjoy the benefits of being a society that is so intelligent that we've created these artificial intelligent beings to take over a lot of these tasks for us.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm not fear mongering. I'm telling the truth. The people who are building this technology. Please, Elion, excuse me, this is the minute true. I'd like to get those six seconds back. Please, thank you.
Speaker 3: You have them.
Speaker 1: The people who themselves are in the infrastructure of this, that know way more about it than we do. They are afraid. They're seeking an immediate halt. And yes, we have to find a way to regulate. However, you can't regulate what you don't know. Look what's happened to the music industry. Look what's happened to so many industries the internet.
Speaker 2: Speaking, I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: You need to you need you need.
Speaker 1: I'm not going to say anything else. Thank you. Well, everyone, I would appreciate if you stopped interrupting me during my minute.
Speaker 3: Yeah, thank you. I will mute you and we will not have a mute to me. Also, if Elon is scared of AI, then I am now a little bit more into it. We are going to our next question. All right now, parents, I want you guys to really open up your ears. So if there is any lint or dustin them, go get a cute tip then come back because you're gonna need to hear this. This is very This is the thing parents, kids, Privacy a right or a myth should parents let their kids have actual privacy or is snooping around part of the gig? Is it know everything or trust? But verify where is the line between protection and invasion? Also, parents, blink twice if you've read your kid's diary, I promise I'm not gonna snitch. Well, Emily, it is your turn to answer this question first, and I will make sure to keep Geviny quiet.
Speaker 1: Good ladies, germs, domains, dromones, earth things, worms. I'm going to tell you that my opponent is going to try to use tactics to win, as she said in her opening statements, But I'm not here to win or lose them. Here to tell you the truth. Like I told you, I'm going to tell you some hard truths, and they may be scary, but it is why I am standing on the side of the arguments that I am. In twenty fourteen, Morgan Gayzer and Anissa Wi are both twelve years old at the time, stabbed their classmate Peyton nineteen times in the woods after luring her there after a sleepover. The reason why they did so well they spend a lot of time online together following the story of slender Man, who they said, if they didn't kill somebody and sacrifice them, would go and kill their families. They believe this all right. They spent hours and hours online researching. Their parents had no idea this was two twelve year old girls. Ninety three percent of school shooters planned the attack in advance. And of those ninety three percent, guess how many of them are under twenty one years old?
Speaker 2: Most of them.
Speaker 1: Most school shooters are between the age of eighteen and twenty one, and their parents nothing. How do we stop these things from happening. We realize that we're living in a world that we don't quite understand yet, and the way that we need to stop them that is while our children are children. Okay, I'm not saying that privacy is not something that we need. It needs to be earned. It's something that you need to learn how to respect the responsibility of having privacy, because guess what happens when you don't. You have predators online after your children. You have drug dealers selling them stuff on Snapchat. You have pornography and violence, you have mental condition, you have school shooting. As I mentioned, you don't have any awareness of your digital footprint, peer influence. All these things that can really damage your life. That can't happen when you're trusted with the responsibility of privacy at such a young age. You have to earn it and then you'll have a bond and a better relationship with your family and the people that are taking care of you, and then you really know how to use privacy. But if it's misused, just look around at the world at what's happening. We've got fentanyl being sold to nine year olds on Snapchat who don't know what it is with a ghost of emoji. Do better. Privacy is for when you're older. Thank you.
Speaker 3: Wow, all right, well Jeminy, what is your reply?
Speaker 2: So that okay, my reply to that is, Emily, those kids who went around and did those horrible things are probably in the tenth of a percentile of all of the kids in the world. We're not asking can hovering over your child prevent them from being serial killer? We're talking should parents grant their kids privacy? Now, while we're talking statistics, I would just like to state that adolescents who perceived higher levels of parental control and snooping, we're more likely to engage in secrecy and hide information from their parents. You see, privacy doesn't mean that they are or they aren't going to do something, But it does give kids the skills and the opportunity to practice them know how when it comes time to make those very difficult decisions. Privacy isn't just for kids or about shutting the door or not reading their text. It's about respect. It's about respecting them as individuals who are growing and figuring out who they are. Kids and teens, believe it or not, are just little humans with their own thoughts, feelings, and yes, a need for privacy. If we want them to grow into well adjusted adults, then we need to give them personal space. Think about it. How would you feel if somebody was constantly looking over your shoulder, questioning you every move, invading your personal space. It would drive you nuts. Kids feel the exact same way. Privacy gives them a chance to develop a sense of identity and responsibility. They need to make their own choices. They need to have a space to reflect and yes, mess up a little bit, because that's a part of learning. If they never get that space, they won't learn to how to handle it later on in life, and no one's going to be there to supervise them. And let's talk about respect. When parents give their kids privacy, they're showing that they trust them. They're saying, I believe in your ability to make decisions, and honestly, if you're raising them, you should. This builds confidence and mutual respect. If kids feel like their parents are always snooping over their shoulder and overmanaging their lives, it's going to create distance. It sends the message that you don't trust them, which leads to secrecy. Hold on, and let's be honest, hold on a lot unnecessary one second. Privacy isn't a free for all. It's about letting them do whatever.
Speaker 3: Which that's not her Emily, do you have anything to retittle with that retattle?
Speaker 1: Okay, Geminy, I will say, you bring up good points, which is why at the beginning of this debate I did say that there is a lot of gray area and the thing is black and white.
Speaker 2: Right. Well, it's a debate.
Speaker 1: However, what I will say is that I think that privacy is very, very important, but I don't think that it's something that should be gifted or automatically just given to children, especially at a certain age. I believe that the same way that we have to take responsibility for how the world is changing. We have to realize that perhaps as parents, and I am not one, I'm sure my opinions would change when I am one. However, I do think that it is important to show the consequences of having such a responsibility like the Internet, like being able to have time alone with resources that could perhaps be harmful to you. So I'm not saying to be hovering or rude or anything like that, but I do think that is important to restrict at first and slowly introduce so by the time that privacy is something that they are exercising, it's at a more appropriate age with more knowledge.
Speaker 3: Can I respond, Okay, Jim, can you please give us your.
Speaker 2: Rebuttal, I'd love to. I think that there's a difference between privacy and I think there's a difference between parental monitoring. I think that you can establish your kid with a kid's Netflix account or a kid's YouTube account that'll naturally limit what they have access to, but their access to privacy is not what should be limited. Obviously, you're not going to put an infit in front of the Internet with capabilities to surf the web and go on websites that they shouldn't be on. But kids need privacy. They deserve privacy, and when you grant them privacy, the studies prove that they're more likely to have positive relationships with their parents, they're more likely to divulge, more likely to share, and when they don't have privacy, A research from Psychology Today shows that helicopter parenting and constant surveillance can lead to increased anxiety, depression, self esteem issues, and kids who are less capable of handling stress. We don't want to throw them to the wolves, but we definitely want to let them walk out of the cave on their own. Thank you, You're welcome.
Speaker 3: I don't completely agree with you, but I do know that the public is really going to be interested in what you guys are saying, because even me sitting here, I've been pretty interested. Let's take another break, stretch our legs, and we'll be right back. Welcome back. If you've made it through those ads, you deserve a medal. We are getting to the juiciest of parts now. Which superpower is superior? From Marvel to dec and everything in between? Who is winning the superhero SmackDown? Which power would actually make you the ultimate force? I believe Emily went first. The last round soul. We are going to start this question with Germania.
Speaker 2: Okay, so I want to talk strategy with you. Time travel is the coolest superpower and it's also the most useful. Sure, flying is fun and visibility is great if you're feeling a little sneaky. But time travel is the power that gives you an edge in literally every situation. It's like having a remote control for life with a rewind, fast forward and pause button. Mess up, rewind and fix it. Need more time to make a decision, Hit pause and figure it out. Want to skip to the best parts, fast forward and skip the nonsense. Think about it. Every other superpower is limited to the present moment. You can fly, but only where you are right now. You can read minds, but only of the people who you are around right now. Time travel lets you bend reality. It lets you change things to your advantage across all moments, past, present, future. It's like getting out of jail free card, a second chance button, and a winning the lottery ticket.
Speaker 1: All in one.
Speaker 2: And let's talk long term strategy. Time travel is the key to mastering your future. Imagine being able to travel ahead of time and see what decisions you should make. What investments will pay off or even what had to take in life. Everyone else is stuck guessing while you've already seen what happens and you can plan accordingly. You can dodge every bad decision, avoid every mistake, and maximize every single opportunity. That's not just a superpower, that's control over your destiny. And what about learning from the past. You don't need to rely on history books orr secondhand stories. You can go straight to the source. Study with Einstein, hang out with Cleopatra, sit on the moon landing. You'd be the most informed person in any room on with firsthand knowledge no one else could ever get. At the end of the day, time travel isn't just about fixing mistakes jumping into the future. It's about having total control over your life itself. No other superpower, none gives you that flexibility, that foresight, or that influence. It's the ultimate tool for winning at well everything.
Speaker 3: Wow, jem Emily, Please, before.
Speaker 1: I get to my favorite and the all time best superpower, which is in fact flying, all I will say is, if you've ever seen Clickjemeny, there's a reason why he gives a remote back. In the end, there's a reason why all media about time travel always ends in catastrophe. Please don't interrupt me. That's the second time you've done that. I appreciate you, Stoff, thank you. All right, back to flying now at six seconds? My thing?
Speaker 3: Please you have it.
Speaker 1: Flying is the only superpower that does not come with bat repercussions. You cannot talk about time travel, you cannot talk about super speed and talk about all the negatives that come with it. But flight only comes with positive things. Mind reading, you could be the loneliest person on earth, and you don't know who trusts you. Time travel you could alter the entire continuum. You could come back and all of a sudden, your entire family's gone. Also, you'd be the loneliest person in the world. You know everything, how boring. That's not fun. Super speed land comes with overpopulation, terrible things. All right, now, think about flying traffic. Do you know what it is to avoid traffic? The average human spends fifty one hours and stands still traffic per year. All right, you just fly over them. You save on airfare and travel another three grand average per year that people spend on that. You get to have some time away from human beings amongst the birds. You have the element of surprise and surveillance in multiple situations. All right, you have the ability to save animals and things who are falling. Who doesn't love a good cape? Everybody, come on, all right, Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always.
Speaker 2: Long to return.
Speaker 1: Leonardo da Vinci, Please everybody make the right choice, grab your love doing and fly into the sky. Because the reality is that we know that it is the only superpower that includes a bunch of other superpowers. Not only are you're flying, you have super speed, you have surveillance, you have the ability to be amongst birds. It's a superpower that is chalk full of other superpowers, not to mention good oxygen. And while you're up there, you get strong. Thank you so much. Flight is the best.
Speaker 3: All right now, Jemeny, do you have any rebuttals?
Speaker 2: M You talked surprise, surveillance, saving animals, all things that you could do with time travel. You want to go and travel across the world at super speed. What is quicker than skipping the transit and going straight to your destination. I understand there's fear about misusing time travel as a superpower, but you can misuse any superpower. You can fly into restricted airspace on your flight, and now there's no more oxygen up there. There's less oxygen up there, So you would actually have to develop a whole other set of skills.
Speaker 1: And what I said, I said you'd be stronger.
Speaker 2: Oh I'm sorry, excuse me. You said there was more oxygen. True, thank you fact checker. You said you would have access to more oxygen. You actually have access to less oxygen. Okay, so it could be it'd be missed. You shouldn't be ban flying because you can fly somewhere that's restricted. Should you ban in visibility because someone might use it to sneak into a place? The key is learning responsibility. With time travel, we would have guidelines, regulations, and maybe a little time cop or to talk about jobs, talk about economy, the benefits, far away, the risks. Let's throw out the best superpower bolt. If you already know that it's time travel, all right?
Speaker 1: Uh, you talk about responsibility all right. Responsibility comes with an element of control, one that you can't have when you do something like time traveling because there are so many variables that are out of your control. If somebody runs into you and you alter the timeline. You could literally be responsible for wiping out an entire family and even your own. It's not something that's in your control, all right, you're talking about that, Oh, you can do all that with time travel. The risk associated with time travel is increasingly higher. You can control flight, Yes, you can drop the cat when you're picking it up, but it would be more in your control.
Speaker 3: It's not.
Speaker 1: Because you happen to see somebody that you're not, or you enter a place that you're not, or give someone a piece of information that they're not supposed to have. You could essentially ruin everything. And I think that it's important to note that it's also very lonely experience, because again it's not you'd have to travel this world and know so many things that nobody else knows, and I think that that's a burden that's too much to bear when you could just pop your grandchild on your shoulders, strap them in, and fly over to Bermuda for no charge at all.
Speaker 2: Okay, I would also like to respond to that, Yeah, let me give you, let me hear a little bit about that. Flying seems convenient, but even professional pilots deal with airspace traffic. So just like they would have to be airspace cops who are making sure that you're not flying above the speed limit where you're flying in your lane and you're flying along with all the other flyers. Because just like flying, I assume that I would not be the only time traveler. There will be time cops. There will be checkpoints, I'm sure of it. There will be rules regulations that, of course we would have the liberty to break, but also the liberty to not break. We're not asking are you going to be a responsible time traveler? We're asking what's the best superpower? And I think that we know the best superpower, the greatest superpower, yes, albeit with responsibility attached to it at the same magnitude of its awesomeness, is time travel. Thank you.
Speaker 1: The only thing that I'll say to you is that in every single example of superheroes or superpowers, I have never once, and I challenge you to think the same, seen any kind of traffic enforcers or multiple you know, over over population or overcrowding of flying people. So Umbrella Academy, No, there's not a there's not an air cop and umbrella.
Speaker 2: It's not an air cop. No, but there are time cops.
Speaker 1: Well, I wonder why because it's weak and scary, so it needs to be regulated.
Speaker 2: Oh it's okay. You could continue to be afraid of my greatness while I time travel around your laps.
Speaker 1: Superhead, kill Einstein and ruined Cleopatra and thank you.
Speaker 3: Now, this question I'm actually nervous about. And I feel like it's gonna the Internet's gonna blow up a lot. Media. They're gonna be covering this. We're gonna see this on Ola magazine next week. So the ultimate showdown Noodles versus Rice? Now, this question is gonna rattle some Latin households in the Battle of carbs. Who is the real MVP? Are you Team Nudes or Team Rice? And to clarify, not the kind you accidentally send to your group chat. I did that last week, Emily at first last time. Sorry, my memory is getting a little hazy. Story, do you right?
Speaker 1: I'm not sure.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna make Geminy go first, because again I am a moderator, and I say so, I want to know.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, all right, if you're still on a fence, I'm gonna settle for you right now. Noodles are the clear winner. Rice is okay, nice sidekick, side dish. It could never have be the main event. Noodles are the life of the party. You have spaghetti, ramen, patatai, lasagna. Noodles come in every shape, size and flavor. You can imagine Rice. It's over there, quietly doing its thing in the background. Noodles are the main event. They are the Beyonce of carbs. Let's talk versatility, people. Noodles can do anything. They can be twirled, slurp, stir, fried, bake, do you name it? Noodle's gonna handle it. Rice it sits there hoping a good sauce comes along to save it from being boring. And let's get into flavor. Noodles soak up flavor like a sponge. You get an explosion of taste in every single bite. Rice just sort of sits on your plate waiting for someone to notice that it's there. Noodles are the diva. Rice is the backup dancer. Plus Rice might have its place, but it's a supporting role. Noodles are the MVP every single time. They're bold, they're flavorful, and let's face it, they're just way more fun to eat if you're not teen noodles by now you will be by the time this debate is over.
Speaker 3: Those were fighting words.
Speaker 1: So those were fighting words.
Speaker 3: Emily, please please put some respects.
Speaker 1: Those were not only fighting words, but they were straight lies. Because noodles are not versatile and rice. Rice doesn't sit anywhere. Rice is something that you eat when you want to eat two thousand of something. Rice is punk rock. Every grain of rice is a drop of sweat from a farmer's brow. All right, it is healthier, by the way, she didn't even talk about the facts.
Speaker 3: All right, and get ready for this.
Speaker 2: Rice can be made into noodles. Ooh, so guess what you don't even have.
Speaker 1: To lose because you get rice and noodles. It's gluten free pasta, is it? It has less carbs than pasta. It has the ability to do different texts at Rocco lech crispy sushi. Rice the thing that they make that the Chinese people eat kangi, right, that they have for breakfast. Noodles can't be a breakfast item. Noodles can't be a dessert item. Rice is doing it, doing it, doing it, all this stuff, al right. It is the actual versatile thing. It can be fried as well steemed as well baked. It can be a porridge, it absorbs flavors or what are you talking about?
Speaker 3: It?
Speaker 1: Literally are their tiny sponge You want to need a million tiny sponges. Yeah, that's what I'm talking about, all right, Again, the gluten free thing. There are over one hundred and twenty thousand different varieties of rice. You got brown rice, you got wild rice, all right, talk about that. It's an essential ingredient, not only that it is culturally rich. Are Latino people, we cannot exist without rice. And look at the amazing things we do with it by a yas and like I mentioned, desserts and all of these incredible things. Also in culture's rice is considered a symbol of fertility and prosperity. Nobody wants to get pasta thrown at them at a wedding, all right. It's ladies and gentlemen, that is what we are talking about, all right. Even and in the places in the world where the highest population of people eat rice, which is in areas in India and in Asia, they are also the healthiest. All right, those people know what is up. And all I have to say is that rice is the answer, no matter the question. In rice.
Speaker 3: We trust Emily. That was powerful and let's hear what this bitch has to say.
Speaker 2: Okay, you want to act like rice is some kind of super food. White rice, which is what people mostly eat, has a super high glycemic index, meaning that it spikes your blood sugar. It's not ideal if we're talking health noodles, especially whole wheat, buckwheat, chickpea, spinach. All the different kinds of things that you can make noodles with are pack of fiber protein. It can be way more nutritious if you choose the right type. Plus noodles can be paired with a ton of veggies and lean proteins, making it a balanced and healthy meal. You want to talk about the world, You want to talk about the globe? What about Italy's pasta, Japanese ramen, Thailand's patsiu, Vietnamese fu.
Speaker 1: Fu has rice noodles, but they're noodles.
Speaker 2: But they're noodles because guess what you can make noodles out of everything? Oh, what are you gonna have over there? You're gonna have your cauliflower rice. Good luck eating that.
Speaker 3: Good Cauliflower rice is not rice. That is not up for debate.
Speaker 2: I would just like to state Rice is not more versatile than noodles. Oh really, oh please, okay it can be.
Speaker 1: Are you gonna make saki out of noodles?
Speaker 2: What? No, You're not gonna make saki out of.
Speaker 1: Noodles, because you can make rice one great? Oh yeah, that is great.
Speaker 2: But have a fabulous wine made out of grapes to go along with my noodles.
Speaker 1: Because I'm a normal moment, I'm sorry, you're over time, man, You're just.
Speaker 2: Mad because noodles are Rice's cooler older cousin who show up twirl.
Speaker 1: Around and nobody ship's a noodle inside a necklace and writes your name on it. Tiny, All right, Rice is beloved. Rice is the answer every time.
Speaker 2: You people literally make what are you gonna do when you drop your What are you gonna do when you drop your phone in the pool?
Speaker 1: Put it in pasta?
Speaker 2: You could?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Because yes, Because finally, Rice has a function other than the truth.
Speaker 1: How about Yeah, Rice is the answer the only thing you when you're gay.
Speaker 2: Nod I just have to tell you, guys, noodles are straight and so they're wet.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, thank you? Rice wins No Miami, Rice instead of Miami Vice.
Speaker 3: That's a new restaurant coming out. Emily's making Miami Rice. We have this imposta here. So we are coming up on our final questions. So if you are undecided on kind of who you're rooting for, if you're rooting for Geminy or you're rooting for Emily or A, you're rooting for me, keep your opinions to the end. We'll be right back. We are on our last question. Wow, I'm sorry, guys, I'm actually very sad about this. We were just getting really into the nitty gritty. We finally started getting really heated.
Speaker 2: Dumb blow kisses over here that you both can keep your kisses. How's that?
Speaker 3: I'll be You're impossible. This is crazy. We heard our last question of people. And if you are still reeling from the oodles of noodles we just heard, then this is this is gonna take it to.
Speaker 2: The noodles and only like four kinds of rice.
Speaker 3: There's not four kinds of thousand.
Speaker 2: Please, I'm not talking about the actual plant. Put the man as matthy girl.
Speaker 3: Put some what is our girl's name? Was my girl's name? What is my girl's name? From the the YouTube that we watch, Oh, yes, put some pen put put respect on Penji's name. She has a whole video where she makes blue rice purple rice.
Speaker 2: Please, I'm sensing a little bit of bias from a moderator. Perhaps we should go on to the next question.
Speaker 3: I introduced myself as often biased. Okay, you expect, Okay, I could, I can. You's gonna be on your side.
Speaker 2: That's why you know the podium.
Speaker 1: All right, mister moderator.
Speaker 3: The last question? Yes, sorry, I'm just moved. Okay, all right, Space exploration versus solving Earth's problems? All right, so let's talk space and not that thing that I need for my ex is space the final frontier or the final distraction. Today's final question is a big one. Should we be investing in the cosmos or should we be focused on focusing our very broken planet that we've got under our feet? I mean, exploration sounds fun, but have we tried turning the Earth on and off again? Now, Emily, you have the honor of answering our final question for tonight, so please begin.
Speaker 1: As we know, space exploration is something that we still don't have so much information about, something that, yes, you know, it may cost a lot of money to invest in trying to forward this cause. But let's be real, how much money did you spend at Target last week? Anyway, my point is this, I'm not going to sit here and talk to you about the facts because guess what, so you don't have them. Space is magical. Space is a theory that allows you to block out voices that interrupt you when you're trying to make an important point. Let's talk about the reality, all right, Earth, we don't know how long it's left. Then, yes, my opponent is going to tell you we need to stay here and we need to take care of it. However, space may be the answer for us to take care of it and make Earth survive. There are planets that are being investigated that might be able to preserve certain endangered speeches of hours, or have the ability to have materials and resources that can solve things like wildfires and natural disasters that may be a source of extinction for us. Shortly, we can work together with space exploration to make our planet the best place. Another theory that I would love fi or became president, is to start a system of kicking people off the planet that we don't think should be here. We can just launch them right into space. Not only is an extremely painful, horrible death that they would deserve, but it will create space on the planet, which we know that we need all right. Next, we could also use these efforts to finally make the Gazorba Zobian planet on Rick and Morty correct and have our all female planet where we have the males as slaves and weigh less of them. Lastly, and the most important point Jim's going to talk about Elon just going to talk about all these heads of these companies monopolizing space. That's not what's going to happen. What's going to happen is that you realize that without space exploration, you wouldn't have in our own world. You wouldn't have this spaceship that we're sitting on right now. So you may think that people are monopolizing space, but these two space commanders here with all of our guests that we have, are living proof of how important it is to keep the space exploration program alive, because if not, you would not be listening to us right now, not tingling with excitement, rushing with oxytocin and endorphins that is all attributed to space travel. We wouldn't be here without it. So remember, the universe is fast and we're going to get there. And by we, I mean my ass. Thank you so much for listening.
Speaker 3: Wow, I felt that a hiatus.
Speaker 2: Now EMI is going to try to low blow me into breaking the fourth wall and admitting some and admitting something that is not the truth about where in our own world actually takes place. But we'll keep that for another reveal. Here's the thing. Space is really cool, no doubt I would know. Who does. I love the idea of floating around in zero g or planning a flag on Mars. But let's talk about what really matters. Eight hundred and twenty eight million people worldwide were affected by hunger in twenty twenty one. Two point two billion people worldwide lack access to safe drinking water. However, NASA's budget for twenty twenty three was twenty five point four billion dollars. Meanwhile, many of Earth's urgent problems, like hunger, clean energy, climate adaptation, they remain underfunded. The World's wealthiest one percent and I won't name names, own more than twice the wealth of six point nine billion people combined. Instead of spending billions on space exploration, we could redistribute those resources to address global inequality that could have a far greater impact on lifting people out of poverty, because, let's face it, Mars doesn't have breathable oxygen, or clean air, or clean water or anything else that we need to survive. Earth is our home, and it's the only one that we've got, at least for now. Our ecosystems are collapsing, our oceans are filling with plastic, and we're still trying to figure out how to stop melting the polar ice caps. Why are we so eager to hop on a rocket and leave, Why so we can just do this to another planet and continue the vicious cycle. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Thanks, I'm not done. Thank you very much. Trashing your house and deciding to move out before you've even cleaned it up. How's that going to work out for us in the long run. And let's not forget that exploring in space is wildly expensive. We're talking billions and billions of dollars. Imagine if we took even a fraction of that money and invested it in renewable energy, sustainable agriculture, or cleaning a pollution. Imagine if we tackled poverty, s food security, clean water access with the same enthusiasm that Elon Musk is shooting rockets into space. Those are things that would actually improve life for everyone, not five people on a million dollar space flight. Plus, if we can't even manage our resources here on Earth, how are we going to handle an entire planet or space colony. We've barely figured out how to stop cutting down rainforest. Where are we ready for space? No, we're not ready for space yet. So while space is cool, let's get a priority straight. Solving Earth's problems isn't just most important, it's essential for survival because guess what, we might dream of the stars, but we still need to breathe clean air and drink clean water down here. Let's fix what's broken at home first, and then we can dream about the stars.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, thank you. So first of all, I just want to point out that we actually have recently made a discovery of a planet that is very similar to Earth and does have the potential for resources that we could reconstitute and use here that could solve certain things like our overpopulation demanding uh you know, food sources and water or clean drinking water. Also, that is a economic thing and a political thing, which I understand, but there is another earth that we have found that it seems to be very similar. Also, I want to point out that you said that you would be the first person to get I.
Speaker 2: Said, if the price was right, I would take a recreational flight out into space, not that I think that we should have.
Speaker 1: Well, recreational flight out into space is about half a million dollars.
Speaker 2: Well, I said, if the price was right, and clearly anyway the right place.
Speaker 1: I think that we need to realize that this earth we've gotten out of hand with, we've already misused the responsibility of taking care of it. And yes, like I said, I do think that people monopolizing space like is risky. But that's why people like you and me aren't here in space. And by the way, I don't know what you're talking about, because how dare you lie about the fact that we are the first podcast to ever be streaming down.
Speaker 2: And throwing money at space is like opening up a new toy when you haven't even opened up the last one. It's giving spoiled child, I'm going to what they have. It's giving spoiled brat, it's giving call back, it's giving you don't know responsibility, so you're taking of what we have.
Speaker 3: Wait that space is brat.
Speaker 2: Space is bratt all right?
Speaker 1: You know you know where you can just throw all your money at AI. Talk about responsibility.
Speaker 2: Maybe a I can figure out how to clean up our oceans.
Speaker 1: No, AI is actually gonna take over everything.
Speaker 3: No, can you eat noodles in space?
Speaker 1: Anyway? We'll see I.
Speaker 2: Space. I'll tell you that much. What are you gonna have a thousand little grades of rice and zero gravity?
Speaker 3: Good? Lad?
Speaker 1: Are you talking about? Noodles? Are often and most of the time saucy, So talk about sauce in space.
Speaker 2: We're not talking about sauce. We're just talking about noodles and rice.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well you're gonna have plain noodles.
Speaker 2: You're rice?
Speaker 1: Absolute?
Speaker 3: Please? Yeah?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 2: Please have a little bit of oil?
Speaker 1: All right? Well, I will tell you this, Jim, even though I want, though I won and embarrassed you.
Speaker 2: Please and you can enjoy sleeping with the dogs.
Speaker 1: It was an honor to debate you. And thank you, mister moderator for such a fine job.
Speaker 3: Well, you guys are welcome, and I'm not telling anybody. I'm not saying that I'm not encouraging to join the military or not. But there is a new branch of the military that was made about five years ago, and it is called Space Force. And their flag is so cool it looks like something out of Star Track. So do with that information you want. But come on, imagine being part of Space Force. That's kind of that's a little cool.
Speaker 1: Well, I bet you the people on Space Force know an awful lot about outer space and the news in outer space. And mister moderator and missus opponent in honor of us and the official in our own world debates, I thought that it would be fun if the three of us did a special edition of everybody's favorite out of space news networking in the who worlds.
Speaker 3: Sizeness. What do you guys think?
Speaker 1: Should we each read one?
Speaker 3: I think so far this issue eating space rocks keeping ourselves fed during a long journey through deep space will likely prove difficult. A new study published in the International Journey of Astrobiology, a team of scientists suggests astronauts could make use of an unusual source of nutrition instead asteroids. But before astronauts can start ripping into juicy stone steaks, scientists will have a lot of work to do one thing that has been confirmed, although reducing the need for other long term resource solutions, two point three million dollars would need to be added to the budget for a good Densis abroad, only furthering Gemeny's argument.
Speaker 2: Look at that well Earthingk's time to blow up another asteroid in twenty twenty two and NASA spacecraft intentionally crashed into an asteroid to test a planetary defense system and it worked. Now the European Space Agency, together with NASA and SpaceX, is sending another spacecraft back to conduct more tests on the nudged asteroid, but instead of having to damage equipment to do so, this time, they're testing a new, supposedly more effective tactic where they blast Jojo Siwah's new album ont A Loop until the space rock evaporates. NASA has reported quote, in initial testing stages, we didn't even have to get to the second verse of the song and the asteroid was already pulverized. We're very optimistic and thankful to miss Sea Water.
Speaker 3: I guess karma is a bitch and that asteroids should have known better.
Speaker 1: That's incredible. I mean, sound healing and frequency like treatments are real things, so you go down.
Speaker 2: That was very real.
Speaker 1: And lastly, this week in outer space breaking news, NASA is downplaying concerns raised in a recent report about a long running air leak in the Russian segment of the International Space Station oh No. Robin Gaton's director of the ISS program at NASA, said repair work had reduced the leak rate by about one third. Of people are not thinking that that's the case. Accusations of their concealment of the severity of this leak began when an audio recording went viral where multiple people aboard are heard saying, help us. We can't breathe. We're down to the final hours of air. Please help us. They're definitely downplaying this situation. There are too many of us and we're consuming too much oxygen. The weakest will be killed first. Again, they are totally downplaying this. Stay tuned for updates and this has been space news.
Speaker 3: Thank you guys for having this debate, and I'm grateful that we were able to cut into Space news. But we need your closing statements. Emily opened our debate. We are going to have Geminy close it now. Gemeny, can you please give us your words?
Speaker 2: Absolutely, I just want to thank you Chris for being the best moderator I've ever seen. I'd like to thank my opponent Emily for the laughs, because that's about all her information gave me. Now, I told you she was going to be charming, I would know I picked her. She really was charming, but she really did evade the facts. It seems here that Emily's favorite place to go is into the extremes and fear manga since of thinking that humans aren't capable of monitoring themselves. It's all about us getting the information up front, educating ourselves properly, and then making sound and well formed decisions throughout. And I personally believe that humans have that ability. Keep your noodles on the plate and do whatever the hell you want with your body, because that is what this country is all about. It's about dreams, isn't it.
Speaker 3: Baby.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much for being here today, and I can't wait for the next one.
Speaker 3: Thank you Jemeny for those words. Emily. Can we please have your closing statement please.
Speaker 1: Dreams do not exist in a world where you feel like you have to fit in to a mold, where you feel like you need botox. You can't dream in that world, you're just falling in line, like eating noodles boring. You don't want two thousand of a little grain. You don't want your little dog next to you on your bed smelling freedoms when you wake up in the morning. You really want to have sex with a robot within AI. You don't want to do that. Trust me. I've tried, and all I have to say is that I love you and I'm never gonna let you tell me. How Ever, I'm gonna be there for you with Rice. Even though she tried to interrupt me, I didn't let that fall because I'm there for you, okay. And when we're in space, here with me because jem is gonna deorbit, We're gonna kick her off the ship because she doesn't believe in space expression, but I do. So I'll be here waiting for you to hold your hand with my Rice, with my pets on the bed, with my ability to fly hand in hand. She can't take you anywhere with the time traveling. You can go with Gem and ruin the world time traveling, and you can fly with me with a mouthful of rice. Baby. Thank you so much to our moderator. Thank you so much to my opponent who has been mean, and I don't lead with that. I lead with lies, just the fact that I love you and I'm a little bit creepy, and let's be real, she said, fear and creepy, and the fact that we can't trust people. You absolutely cannot trust people. This is a hell hole. So you might as well regulate yourself as much as we can so we can survive as long as we can fly around and surveill these noodle leaders with their pets on the floor. Thank you so much, and don't forget I love you you.
Speaker 2: I don't love you, and I don't know you, and that's what makes me a better candidate.
Speaker 3: Well, everyone, that's about all the time we have for today. I don't know about you, but I feel like we just traveled to Mars and back. It has been my pleasure to have been the very first moderator for the very first debate in outer space. Or if I can say anything inspirational, it is that in space no one can hear you scream.
Speaker 1: That's true.
Speaker 3: I want to give a special thanks to Jim and m for their honesty, lack of strength, and for having the audacity to trust me with the mic again, and most importantly to all of you for tuning in, because without you, we just be yelling into the void, which is honestly something we all would be doing. If you're watching on YouTube, feel free to like, comment, and subscribe, let us know who you believe one, but also keep your comments correct. For those listening, Bless your patience and I hope that this helped you sort out some very important issues or life decisions. But truly thanks from all of us from in our own world for the continued support, and until next time, People of Earth, stay curious, stay petty, and remember space is vast, but so was the Internet's common section. So good luck out.
Speaker 2: There, We love you, Thanks for.
Speaker 1: Flying with us. We'll catch you next time on in our own world. Bye bye, goodbye, goodbye, goodbye, goodbye, goodbye, goodbye, goodbye, goodbye bye
Speaker 3: Launching