Speaker 1: This week on the Command Center Pod, we break down Denver, who needs to be a star, make an impression, get gritty and dominate, and farmer Fred Bings brings in some beat you so you don't want to miss that.
Speaker 2: Welcome to the Command Center Podcast.
Speaker 1: I'm Logan Paulson here with Santanamos and Fred Smoot and guys. Pretty exciting first road trip, right, excited about Yeah, I'm not going, but I'm excited for the team.
Speaker 3: We undefeated, That's all you need to know.
Speaker 4: And I want the team to come back from them for undefeated, that's what it is.
Speaker 5: I'm hoping for another victory because that next week home game.
Speaker 6: Thought the first week home.
Speaker 2: Game was lyddy that Oh dude, you're right.
Speaker 6: That they and we face those Buffalo Bills and we know they travel.
Speaker 4: Oh listen, it won't be a safe fold our table in the DMV.
Speaker 5: So yeah, I'm not trying to look ahead. I just hope these guys go out there hand the business this week. But yeah, I'm excited, man, I'm excited just to see what we got.
Speaker 6: Man week.
Speaker 5: The week is gonna be one of those situations for us, you know, just sitting back knowing that we've been in the shoes before.
Speaker 6: Man, what can this team do to rewrite what they did the week before?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean how much better do they get throughout the week in preparation and go out there and you know, playing a game.
Speaker 1: And so to that point, one of some areas that you're looking forward for improvement from the Let's say, let's go start with the offense.
Speaker 2: The defense play pretty solid. Let's focus on the offense.
Speaker 4: Logan I'm looking for Logan Tumbas to look like Logan tumbs. He needed to knock that dust south, he needed to knock the Russ off. I'm also looking for Cold Turner to play a little bit more. Also establish their run game something that we did in the second half, something that I think we need to start the game off here to slow this game down, make it shorter, get the guys out of there. So it's small things, because because it's the second week, anything progression wise I would call getting better.
Speaker 5: What's I ain't mean cut you. I want to see what's new, What's what's going to be added?
Speaker 2: Does it grow?
Speaker 6: You know what I mean? Because you know you can.
Speaker 5: Tell it was a sample size and stuff they ran on the offensive and you know, I'm pretty sure that EB is not trying to you know, show everything, so not even that or just you know, they don't want to force anything on a young quarterback.
Speaker 6: You don't want to do you know what I mean.
Speaker 5: So every week you're going to add stuff to your script saying that, Okay, you know, we went over this, but now it's trying to later this team is better for us to run this.
Speaker 6: Player that play we didn't show yet.
Speaker 5: So I just want to see what's new weekend and week out, just knowing that it's a lot of stuff that we haven't seen yet.
Speaker 6: Some of the stuff that I saw out there, it showed up from the preseason.
Speaker 5: What's new that's going to be added to the offense that's going to give us to have our you know, have us raising our eyebrows and coming in here and talking about it.
Speaker 1: You mentioned h Logan Thomas going against Justin Simmons, who is maybe.
Speaker 2: One of the best safe, like one of the best safeties.
Speaker 1: Where's thirty one looks a lot like our guy cam out there. Yeah, yeah, tall six to two hundred and five pounds, But I think the different the differentiating act in cameras. What'd you say, Tanna, no, no, We're gonna go get the ball from the middle of the field.
Speaker 4: And you got the other and then you got one corner with Patrick Curtains, one of the best young coners in the league. So you're gonna have to figure out how to attack them and where to attack them. But the air stand up there, so the ball carries. We got a quarterback with a cannon for them. Like you're gonna ask yourself how do we get to those deep balls with that type talent? And I think it's about setting up the run, to set up the play action to allow him to air it out.
Speaker 5: Let me ask you this, So do you think this week, knowing that watching film, their their coaching staff, the defensive coaching staff saying okay, we can see obviously that you know Terry is a little hamper. Yeah, I mean you can look at it. So you think they're going to have certain on.
Speaker 3: Dots. Great question question earlier.
Speaker 4: Not having Moanum, would they make him follow him? Because if I'm going in there and I'm coach e B, I want that to happy because now I can I can make sure where number two is. I can tell you where to put him instead of the defense, dictating and telling him where where he needs.
Speaker 5: One of the things that I look, I thought that was promising, you know, just watching that game, especially live seeing it in the stadium. Uh, sitting there in the box, he saw everything. Uh the way Curtis, Uh, Sam you played, you know what I mean. We don't give him enough create man. I said that when we were talking we were breaking down those those receivers. I said, he get lost in the shuffle because you got two guys that's just so dominant, and this guy here seemed like he's just a gamer. When he gets on a field, you give him opportunity. He might not run the best looking route because he's.
Speaker 6: One of those night.
Speaker 5: But man, when I watched him play, I say, you can't forget about him. And then you got Damie Brown, who we saw streaking a couple of times on the sideline. That didn't get too many opportunities. So you can you can put certain on whoever you want to. We got a slew of other guys that should be able to go out there and take advantage.
Speaker 1: Say Patrick Tretan. You know they played Las Vegas Week one. He did a great job matching up with with Adam Adams and like Adams is maybe the best like rot running receiver in the league, the league. Yeah, but their their second quarter number twenty seven to Murray Mathis was locked up with Jacoby Bird.
Speaker 2: Not Jacoby what's his name?
Speaker 1: He was from in New England last year, the receiver at number sixteens, that's right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so Jacoby and he routed him up.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I look and I look at Johan and I'm saying, if they want to match Terry, if they want to match Terry with Shirtan, yeah, or even vice versa.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't think they have enough coverage guys, quite honestly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because like, yeah, I got I'm sure he's a five football player. But but Jacoby got after him, Yeah, really got after him.
Speaker 3: But all, let me take you in the mindset of.
Speaker 2: A corner back. Yeah, that's why you're here, man.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, most definitely.
Speaker 4: When when you go through something like that traumatic and you get beat up one weekend, the next weekend, you have a lot better game. Why is that, you think, because you go in and you actually become the hard You great yourself very hard.
Speaker 3: And we know this.
Speaker 4: If you beat me on the fifteen, you end route this week the next we play, don run fifteen routes on me. So all I gotta do is go back.
Speaker 3: And say, they beat me on this, they beat me on this, I'm expecting this this.
Speaker 5: Let me tell you how I feel about those guys who get beat like that. The next game, when they feel like they're finna get beat again, they're gonna p I. So it's gonna be a lot of pass industuriens coming from that same young kid, because now most teams what they're gonna do is now they're gonna target him.
Speaker 6: They're gonna set him up for failure.
Speaker 5: They said, they're gonna basically say, okay, who we have on him. They're gonna watch it from the sideline. I say, okay, he's gonna go with that guy. They're gonna match up on the other side. So I'm gonna throw at him even when I don't think he's open, just to get him to react. It's gonna panic. He's going to panic because one one thing about your mama saying you get beat like that for that first week, well she done gave you that call. Hey, maybe all right, your.
Speaker 6: Mama feeling sorry for you.
Speaker 1: Now you're a.
Speaker 5: Little hurt inside you like man, they embarrassment for the ma mama, and show up the next week, and it's not always it don't work out that way, turn out the way you want it, because now the spotlight is on you.
Speaker 6: You can feel it.
Speaker 5: It's almost like you that player on mad No, one of those players that got that little star.
Speaker 6: He feels it, but it's not for the right reasons.
Speaker 4: And then next week come and then you call again, hey mama, they and then there's other ways to do it right, Like if we see that corn and really want to attack him, I told you to run game, run at him, Run at him before you pass at him, make him tackle. So when you do pass him, it ain't he can be there. But if he's tired, you can take him down through that.
Speaker 5: You know, we also think I think you still have to go as certain. You got to go at him a couple of times.
Speaker 3: Don't get it wrong.
Speaker 6: He looks phenomenal.
Speaker 4: His daddy was good, you know when your daddy was. Daddy used to do.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna be real, I'm gonna put this. I'm gonna go on to limb. He might be better than his dad.
Speaker 3: No, he is better than that.
Speaker 6: Certain was good. But in certain this is good.
Speaker 5: Certain and Madison together was a unit they was some of the best played against those This.
Speaker 3: Was in Miami.
Speaker 6: Patrick and Sam Madson was a great I love watching him.
Speaker 5: But if you had to like just say, like Hally, why what you what was his dad labeled as a good corner.
Speaker 3: They played a lot of two men. They played a lot of two men with Jason Taylor.
Speaker 6: That was gonna.
Speaker 5: He's gonna he can he can incept the ball and he can play you in man's on you know whatever. This Certain here, he's on the level of his son is on almost Deon Sanders, Slash Reeves slash h d Hall and d Hall was in his prime Slash to name me another Sleigh like he has that ability.
Speaker 3: He has a communist to him.
Speaker 5: He can be just that guy like he's the He's a defensive back that you don't want to come see, you know on Sunday.
Speaker 4: It's just like Pat Curtain senior is Joe Jackson and Patrick Certain jus Michael Michael. Sometimes you see it's better than you. Nothing wrong with the man.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I was gonna say.
Speaker 1: PFF has him graded as the second highest graded cornerback for this season.
Speaker 2: That's liked Sauce, so to.
Speaker 6: The sauce they give, they gave sauce. Sauce was out of sauce.
Speaker 2: Was he Sauce playing?
Speaker 3: I thought he played. What y'all just every time.
Speaker 4: A coner give up anything, y'all look at the man you look at with Saucy. Listen, you know, I gotta know if you got on the white shirt and some sauce get on it short, his shirt and shirt is finished.
Speaker 6: Let me say this. I like Sauce, so don't don't quote me wrong.
Speaker 5: But when I watched Sauce play last year, maybe because it was Diggs too, Look, I thought Sauce one of those guys that he ain't let you catch nothing.
Speaker 3: Somebody can't you.
Speaker 5: You're right, the garbage can't get a steak every now every day.
Speaker 6: So that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: I just feel like, when you have that persona as you this this guy, you gotta lock it down.
Speaker 6: You gotta you have to.
Speaker 5: You have to give a guy say, I'm gonna give you this team yards because you deserve ten yards. But I shouldn't see a guy get ten fifteen. I shouldn't see him have his weight in the passing game with you, and I feel like so.
Speaker 4: I'm thinking somebody to fit everybody, meaning for every great corner it's gonna be these one or two guys you know, like I know, don't fit quick small twisted up receivers is not a good matchup for himself a longer guy. So you know I will give him that too, you know, being a longer guy, you don't want.
Speaker 6: To see us.
Speaker 3: Of course, a smaller dudes will give.
Speaker 2: You the business.
Speaker 1: So do you think, how do you think Terry would match up with Patrick tan Junior right now?
Speaker 2: To Terry, I don't don't want that.
Speaker 5: I don't want that because Terry is not himself right. Terry gonna mustle it out there and go out and do his thing. I need to see Johannes really work against the number one now. I want to see johann show show one of the most talented dB second cornerbacks.
Speaker 3: And there what he got? Great?
Speaker 5: God, feel like that gonna be a great That would be a great bat That would be a battle inside the battle that we have to watch.
Speaker 3: We don't know it yet.
Speaker 4: Because Terry has shown us he can deal with anybody's number one.
Speaker 3: Johanne hasn't had you have to do that.
Speaker 4: So what you saying that they're really a light bulb went in my head like, oh, I don't know how he would fare against against the true number one like that for four quarters. But we will see.
Speaker 5: I know when it comes to route running, Yeah, buddy gonna be tied because he gonna run.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but do you think Certain gonna be tied?
Speaker 3: But do you think a guy like certainin to say.
Speaker 4: He's gonna have to beat me deep before I even start to back up out of.
Speaker 5: Like his patients alone set up all that stuff. He don't have to see me.
Speaker 2: But it's like Patrick Tretan is also super patient.
Speaker 1: Yeah right there, Like there, it's like the meeting of like the most patient people.
Speaker 6: But this is my thing.
Speaker 5: One of the things that I know about great route runners, like Johanna's gonna set you up. He's gonna he's gonna give you that stemmer too that you saw on an in cutting route and he gonna stem in there, and Certain gonna be like, oh, light bub I remember him ran this route the other day. And then Johann's gonna give you the out first and bring it in and then back to the See that's what I used to do the guy I used to, and I wasn't doing it at the caliber of Jahan because I was always threatening guys at my speed. I had a different gear or two, so it was easier for me to do things guys like, oh, I'm getting out of his backpedal right now, Tenne for the run, and then at the top of it, I'm sitting down because I was able to do that.
Speaker 6: Jahan he doesn't show that.
Speaker 5: He's just so smooth and fluent, smooth, and then it's just something he does at the top of his routes that's even different from what I used to do to guys that it seemed like gets some open every time.
Speaker 6: So that's why I want.
Speaker 5: To see him go up against a certain and see the matchup within the matchup, because I just feel like he gonna.
Speaker 6: Get him, he gonna he gonna get him some, he gonna win something.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, So let's move down a level. We talked about the secondary hot matches up with the wide receivers.
Speaker 2: Their linebackers are excellent, phenomenal.
Speaker 1: Their front was excellent against I mean and I'm not and then again, it's week one, so we don't over rap.
Speaker 4: I like the linebackers were fast, so fast from sideline to the sideline, not.
Speaker 2: The biggest guys.
Speaker 4: So the question is when they what happens when they got to take a pounding, Like we know you can run sideline the sideline.
Speaker 3: What happens when you got to get pounded by a Brian.
Speaker 4: Robinson time at the time was in the.
Speaker 1: Fourth court Brandon Brandon Jacobs, Jacob Jacobs.
Speaker 4: Jacobs is not a big dude, but he's to twenty five man. He's powerful, but he don't run like when I say a guy like Robinson runs behind his past, like when he runs for three yards.
Speaker 3: It might not look like much to y'all, but to.
Speaker 4: The DV it's taking a talk to different, Like it feels different to hit him for four quarters and it's gonna wear me down to the point in the start to affect my mycovery.
Speaker 5: My question is what would happen to their their defensive front seven or when now athleticism matches athleticism, you know what I mean? Like I feel like we have a more athletic group blockers than the guys that they played with the Raid. They have big, big, big, So these guys out there moving at a different pace and you got these guys a little little h back linebacker and different.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you know what I mean. So I just want to see that, you know.
Speaker 5: I mean, I don't know what to say about them right now because I haven't seen us matchup against them. Yeah, I do know what I saw against them, playing against you know, playing against the Races.
Speaker 6: Yeah, they had their weight, but that's also.
Speaker 3: A divisional game. I don't I don't try not to take divisional games.
Speaker 2: They were both up for that game, they were both ready to go, and.
Speaker 3: They just know each other, you know, when you know somebody like like that.
Speaker 4: Might I tell people at the time, I don't suggest you bet on divisional games because it don't matter who playing today.
Speaker 3: Like, strange things can happen.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So for those two linebackers are Alex Singleton number forty nine. Yeah really really and then Josie Jewel talking about a football name right there. Yeah, that's that's a nice thing for Willie Brown, Willie Brown. But both those guys are good in the front. Not a lot of really dynamic guys. They run a three four, so the three guys inside huge though, but they're like more like it's kind of like when Philly like probably ten years ago, they had like smaller dudes, like I'm saying when they say small, like two ninety ninety five or really quick and brand yes inside there, so a little different kind of matches up, I think, but they're really gap sound. And then the two edge guys, what is uh Gregory Randy Gregory who was in Denver.
Speaker 2: And did not Dallas.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, Dallas and did not rush great last game. And then Cooper from I don't even know where he's from, but he's their starting guy. And then Frank Clark's the backup there. Yeah, so they've got some pieces. No one really flashed as a pass rusher. But it was also in terms of watching the Las Vegas game, it was like there were just two dudes standing in a room and just punching each other in the face. As I felt like there wasn't a lot of like because yeah, that's exactly right. Yeah, So i'm'd be curious to see, like how you get them out of that bigger front, their bigger personnel. Can you spread them out? Can you get those linebackers uncovered a little bit right and get them in a four down structure? I think that is something that i'd keep an eye and if you want to run the football, like, let's get into like eleven personnel, spread it out a little.
Speaker 4: Bit, four waves and run them like like spread the stand them out and run them like.
Speaker 3: So I think is logistic ways you can do it.
Speaker 4: I think it's I think we had some guys that they can match up like that's the big question they're gonna try to take.
Speaker 3: Away out of heavy hitters.
Speaker 4: If you look at this roster right now, you would say Terry is the one.
Speaker 2: Player, Terry Johanna.
Speaker 3: I would say, what do you.
Speaker 6: Think Terry johan and our run game?
Speaker 5: I mean, you gotta think we're still waiting on Brian Robinson to get going. And I think this is gonna be one of those games.
Speaker 4: I want to see him in the open field like like I want to seeing him in the open field and see him between the tackles.
Speaker 5: I think that's one of the things that I love about him most. You know, when I watched him last year is that he seemed nothing. He seemed to never go.
Speaker 6: Down after he crossed that first wave. You know what I mean.
Speaker 3: He's huge, He's a big dude. Like I think we lose sight of have.
Speaker 1: A big I saw walked up the stairs earlier, and I was like, is that who is that? I thought it was like a defensive end. No, No, he's huge, But yeah, so I like and I will also be curious if eb goes in a different direction, like because a lot of offset gun runs, do we get a little bit of eye the pistol? Is there other way we can kind of magnify that group. Really curious to see how it's because that defensive front for Denver did a really really good job. I thought of just playing fast and physical football.
Speaker 5: Do you want to do you want to show them run though, you want to keep them guessing though, right, you know what I mean? I was staying to shot a little bit just to keep them guessing because now you'll know we you'll know we're in an r PO or you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: But I think the other thing is like when you get those heavy personnels like he did against of Cleveland in the preseason gotten you know, twenty one personnel armors in the game, bases in the game, and they run a pass, Yeah, people drop, people drop people in coverage because I think it's a run.
Speaker 3: So and it's bigger windows when you get into it.
Speaker 2: When you candense it down a little bit.
Speaker 4: You can it down and I can push these waders out out and it's gonna be some big windos, especially for intermediate routes.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So I'd be really curious to see how he handles it. You know, like but when you when you turn on the film, man that that group.
Speaker 2: Was flying around.
Speaker 1: Now, let's transition to the offensive side of the ball for the Denver Broncos. Obviously a lot of big storylines there this offseason. Sean Payton, Russell Wilson, totally new coaching staff. What's your expectation for this offense and how do you think this defense matches up?
Speaker 4: All of us got friends that this couples that you know man in the one right, Yes, and uh, you know when you.
Speaker 3: Around a couple and you're like, they ain't gonna make it long. This this couple right here, I don't I don't know.
Speaker 4: Is this showing Peyton marriage is something about it? And I think I think this is what it is. Sean Payton likes his offense to be one on rhythm too. He likes he likes to be done his way. Well, let's look at Russell. He makes all his place off rhythm he makes it outside of the play call. I don't see this marriage looking good, Like they look good in front of us while we out of deal. But I think they argue.
Speaker 2: But they just got to look good for a year though, really is what it was?
Speaker 6: Sure called Mary at First Sight? Right?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, that's how you're watching that show.
Speaker 6: I don't, but I've heard of it, and that's all enough for the.
Speaker 2: Watch first But we know it's gonna fail.
Speaker 5: And that's what I'm saying, like you automatically know like they not gonna last that.
Speaker 6: Married at first sight.
Speaker 5: Soon as we get to the house and I go to you get to you know, barking telling me what I need to do more unless.
Speaker 3: I just already heard you.
Speaker 6: We've already heard.
Speaker 5: We've heard you heard Peyton kind of already barking and telling him what stop being a politician, stop kissing.
Speaker 6: Babies when he went from time that, so we went from having his back to now.
Speaker 5: He's now all the basht up coming out. So it's like it's showing you that, you know, when I first came into this, I ain't know what to expect.
Speaker 6: Now I'm here, I'm tired of it.
Speaker 5: You know what I'm saying, so eventually, you know it's gonna be, it's gonna be to tell all story, probably come mid season right now, still early, you know what I mean?
Speaker 6: Ay, so he still want to prove a point to everybody that that that he's the one for me.
Speaker 3: What shud Peyton told him seerra Ky dance.
Speaker 4: Through the halls of Bronco's training facility.
Speaker 3: It was down hill.
Speaker 4: And don't forget it's always got to be the off the field stuff like we as players know.
Speaker 3: And Russ just had a new born. Yes, he ain't slept in weeks.
Speaker 4: Listen all I'm saying, it's some other external things that I think gonna help us on that side of the ball, because what do we do when we know a coach don't like us that were playing for.
Speaker 3: We press, We try to ball out, We try to go.
Speaker 2: When you watch the throw, did you feel like he was pressing? I didn't really want.
Speaker 1: When I watched the film, I didn't really get the vibe that he was pressing.
Speaker 3: I got to buy that he ain't doing.
Speaker 2: Russ ain't cooking, but they don't want I don't think they wanted to cook it.
Speaker 3: Guess what Russ want to do.
Speaker 4: Russ wants to cook.
Speaker 2: I think Rush wants to win games, is what I rus.
Speaker 5: He does, but he can't traditionally just get back the quarterback and not be special like he want. Of those guys that he overdo things. Yes, you saw the game when we played him. It was a year ago, right, he overdid it to the point where he lost them the game. He did have to do some of the stuff he did, so Russ has been known to say, I'm gonna do some a little extra, a little you know, a little.
Speaker 6: Over the top, so I can get a more of the credit.
Speaker 3: Well, what about when his teammate say he was up on the.
Speaker 4: Plane while the plane was going doing crunches and doing all like he's an habitual line stapper classically overdoes it.
Speaker 3: All in the time.
Speaker 1: All right, So I just want to review something real quick before we move on our next segment, because that was a lot of interpersonal married to first sight couples at dinner. Okay, Joe Lonbardi's the offensive coordinator, very very conservative, lots of play action, lots of running game, lots of kind of ekeing and grinded out. They're not gonna let us cook and when they do let him cook, it's going to be in a very specific situation where they're taking a shot. However, they've got like three dudes who are out Greg Dolts, they're kind of moving out, Jerry Judy out, Tim Patrick out. So really the only kind of main state playmaker they have on their offices, Sudden. And then the two running backs that have are excellent. Jamal Williams is awesome, like I run down here, has broken tackle rate in the NFL last year before he towards ACL and came back off at ACL in like five months, which is good.
Speaker 4: Fund both of those North Carolina him man, We'll make from New York Bryce, they both they like both came back from these injuries and running.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So and then U p Ryan's the other back there, and so I think what you're gonna run is a heavy dose of that. And they're gonna run, run, run, punt and can the defense just kind of contain them when it's time to take that shot to Courtland, Sudden?
Speaker 2: Can they contain them?
Speaker 6: All?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: So I just want to touch on some schematic stuff in addition to that touchy Philly emotion stuff that you.
Speaker 3: Just brought it.
Speaker 2: We put it, don't pull for them.
Speaker 1: They're not right, all right, So let's talk about where the commander's advantages are. Okay, let's talk about Okay, this is our little segment. Who needs to be a star, make an impression, get gritty, and dominate. So we're gonna start with the first one here. Who needs to be a star in this game for us to win.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna go with one. Sam.
Speaker 2: How that is the cheatiest answer? Okay, all right, thank you.
Speaker 3: I wanted to be cheesy.
Speaker 2: No cheetiest. It's like you're cheat.
Speaker 3: It's a quarterback.
Speaker 4: I gotta say, Sam, because it's his first road game, and everybody wants to everybody wants to see how he plays in hostile territory. Not only are you going against the cry out there, you're going against mother Nature.
Speaker 3: She don't even make the air regular ve there. So at the end of the day.
Speaker 4: He gonna have to battle, and he gonna at the battle after Mother Nature gonna bettle pet curtaine on you. They got safety siemens, they got so anything elements. They're just gonna come down on him. Yes, a fast defense.
Speaker 3: I want to see what happens when he makes his first mistake on the road.
Speaker 2: How does he bounce back?
Speaker 4: So when I say I want him to be a star, I just want him to go up there and show him who he really is.
Speaker 2: And that environment there and we played there before they get bumping. Yeah, it is hard to breathe. It's loud as hack.
Speaker 4: I think they play Jedi mind tricks with the breathing though. You remember the signs they got everywhere.
Speaker 3: Beware if you can't breathe a little oxygen. These are all Jedi mind tricks for.
Speaker 1: The for the We were just talking about it, like when we first went to Like immediately you get get to say to your.
Speaker 2: Mouth, dry your lips, like I'm seriously, I'm tired. Oh my gosh.
Speaker 6: Anyway, I didn't even pay no mind.
Speaker 2: Tough right.
Speaker 6: Not to be real with you, I don't. I don't pay attention to a lot of stuff. Have blind is on.
Speaker 5: But honestly, I think I offer the line need to be stars, every last one on. They need to just be at their very best this week. They need to really go out there. I want to see these guys be be be fast when it comes to you know, getting to their double teams and and all they you know, they their slides and pulls, and I want to see us dominating the run. I do kind of want to see that what London Fletcher was talking about, you know, on our field pass.
Speaker 6: When it comes to talking about we.
Speaker 5: Need to establish a run, I'm not sure we need to go out there and establish a run off the rep.
Speaker 6: But when we do run the ball, that's running efficiently.
Speaker 5: So I think those guys need to be good in the run game and the past game, you know, And and if we do that, I feel that Sam, I'm so comfortable with Sam that if the little things happen that needs to have for him, he can take.
Speaker 2: You out to risk. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think that's a great one because I think, you know, like we talked about the offensive line not having a bad day in the previous pot, but not having a great day.
Speaker 2: This front's much better than the Arizona Cardinals.
Speaker 1: So how do they handle that responsibility, how do they handle the noise, how do they handle all that stuff? I agree with that one hundred percent. For me, it's the defensive line. And I'm gonna tell you why the Broncos this offseason went out and they invested a ton of money in the offensive line. Right tackle Mike McGlinchey. He's like the tent highest played player in the league.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: They brought in Ben Powers from Baltimore, the left rar. They paid him a ton of money. Garrett Boyles is one of the top probably twelve left tackles in football.
Speaker 2: He's a pretty good football player.
Speaker 1: And Quinn mar Kuinn I don't even know say his last name, but he's a game from a smart school guy.
Speaker 2: That's a good offensive line.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and compared to what Arizona just tried to hear much much better.
Speaker 2: So I've always wondered about this group.
Speaker 1: Can they be dominant versus a dominant versus a very good other group. And don't get it twisted. The play calling of Joe Lombardi's gonna insulate the heck out of that group. They're gonna run the ball a ton, going to play action pass, They're going to make it hard for them to get into their rush. Can they still affect the game the way we saw them affected against Azona? And if they do, I think we win this football game. So that's what I'm saying. Can you be a star kind of when all the things are against you? Talents against like they're more talented than this offensive line. But it's a talented offensive line. The play calling is going to hurt him up. So that's mine. Okay, Like, how y'all.
Speaker 3: Guys pick boy groups?
Speaker 1: We've been Yeah, we picked we picked bands one person, all right, So let's do this one. This is kind of an issue one because I feel like you could go any direction. That's why it's fun. So let's start with Tanna. Yeah, or let's you get starting here, Tanna? All right, who's gonna make an impression or who needs to make an impression?
Speaker 2: Let's see that.
Speaker 6: I'm goos stay in the running back room.
Speaker 2: Man A I was gonna say that too. You took it right out of my mouth.
Speaker 5: I think Ag his role can expand if he just go out there and show everybody that he's that boy.
Speaker 6: And I think he has the potential.
Speaker 5: Just when when when he gets the ball in space, man, it ain't too many guys.
Speaker 6: That's better.
Speaker 5: So I'm ag you need to just go out there and say this is this is the aging you guys going to be watching this year. Put the ball in my hand in space, give me a couple of runs here there between tackers, which I don't like to see that all the time so often because we have other guys that can do that. Just find a way to miss mess. Give him some miss mess where he can get on a guy to we can throw the balls at him, because I think that's what makes him dynamic for offense.
Speaker 2: Absolutely. I don't know you're gonna pick a better one, Fred, but I got one. You got it.
Speaker 3: I got one. I'm going with Cody Bardon.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, Pi Pie.
Speaker 3: The Sailor man. I need to get.
Speaker 2: This.
Speaker 4: I'm just telling you, I need Cody to make an impression.
Speaker 3: Like the first game, I think he did a.
Speaker 1: Job, struggled a little bit though to your point, like didn't like I didn't do.
Speaker 4: I don't think he made it to where the fans and FedEx Field his fan.
Speaker 2: Base, they didn't feel him. They didn't feel him.
Speaker 3: But he can go out here and make an impression.
Speaker 6: So how you give my nickname is pop out of selling them? Get felt?
Speaker 4: Now did y'all not see the fit and he woe into the he woke. He came in there straight cowboys, cowboy had and I looked at his.
Speaker 2: Phe big forums.
Speaker 3: I'm like, oh my god, how did you get those in shirts? And that first thing I thought, bigger than his boss up looking at his phone, like what help be doing?
Speaker 4: So I like that he did like to be at the middle linebacker. But I want him to make his imprints because you know when you get when you go to a team as the new team, the first thing you want to do is is show the fans that spent well. And I think that what I want him to do. Introduce uh Commander's Nation to Cody Bard.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for me, it's telling me Logan Thomas, I think, you know, I think because like we've talked when he's practicing and when he's healthy, when we've seen him in this offseason, he looked amazing and I felt like he just didn't put his best foot forward last week, and I want him to show all the fans what we've seen every day in practice.
Speaker 5: I think it was a bad day too so far as this. And you know, just footing. Footing is big when you have you come up with knee injury.
Speaker 2: I mean you're a little nervous.
Speaker 6: It's gonna make you a little timid.
Speaker 5: And I feel like not only being timid when you're thinking, that's how you drop balls, that's how you and then don't you know, add insults of injury, the damn rain, So all that stuff is kind of going against.
Speaker 1: Him hundred percent. And and so again I want him. I want him to just show it because I know we can do it. I know he's got in the bag. I want the fans to see it. I think he's gonna have an opportunity this week. Right, Let's work on some of these linebackers. Let's work on that on Simmons, Let's show that we can be a dominant player.
Speaker 2: So I'm excited for him. So let's get get gritty, gritty.
Speaker 3: Get gritty. Now the definition.
Speaker 2: Are we dancing right now?
Speaker 4: Well, I'm gonna pick Sam Cosman if you want to, but get us both.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, he does both. So I would probably say who I want to get gritty?
Speaker 4: The Pope Benjamin Saint Juice, because what you call the Pope? I think I think he might be a little moody? Did he He ain't starting?
Speaker 3: He started?
Speaker 1: He started though he played sixties So the defense had sixty two steps. You know, I'm saying he played sixty two steps.
Speaker 3: He understand the third corner starts. But what I'm saying, but what.
Speaker 1: I'm saying he started outside Forbes only played forty steps boy.
Speaker 6: Forest coming on third down.
Speaker 4: It felt like it was some moodiness out of my voice.
Speaker 3: And I know him and I know energy.
Speaker 4: I know energy, and I felt like I gonna get gritty and show him who Yeah, gone out here and Hanlo cutting and something. He should have him the best because he's big, we can run and he know he gonna get the ball. Show them you can get the ball back, juice. That's the only thing they want you to do. Get some interceptions, get your hands on some balls, show them who you are.
Speaker 2: I'm with that.
Speaker 5: I mean the guy I would like to see get gritty. We didn't call his name much. And that's the Ron Payne. We didn't call his name much in the first game.
Speaker 6: The reason why I.
Speaker 2: Said he got has a very high stating.
Speaker 6: Understand what I'm saying. You gotta understand what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: No, I'm not saying he needs to be gritty. I'm saying I want to see him be more gritty because you gotta look at it like this. We know he's dominant. He showed up in that game. Our defensive line played well. But when I'm watching that tape and I'm seeing Jonathan Allen getting doubled. That means a lot of these other guys. So when you by yourself, I need you to be at cho I need you to win. I need you to win so much to well it's it. You know, they be like, hold on, we got to come double him, you know what I'm saying. So when you're not getting that attention, and they's good call.
Speaker 6: They kept getting out. Allen was getting double more than anybody.
Speaker 4: He got double so much he tackled somebody from the backup.
Speaker 3: What I'm saying. I seen him put his up.
Speaker 5: He made him play one time where he was getting doubled. Jamion Davis is slid right in front of all that and just make so I'm sitting.
Speaker 3: There like, well, damn, you see him just do that.
Speaker 6: They didn't even care about him. They wanted Allen.
Speaker 5: So I need pain to be so dominant because now you know your boy is getting killed. So I want them to be able to not pick and choose.
Speaker 3: With you they gonna double.
Speaker 6: I want them to have a have a choice to say, hey, we got to double one of these guys, not just one.
Speaker 1: Kyle, right, I didn't think you know, I didn't think he painted had a really good game. So you know what I mean, Like, yah, I don't.
Speaker 3: Say you have a bad game. No, I understand what he's saying.
Speaker 4: He is gonna dominate to the point that they can't double.
Speaker 2: No bad.
Speaker 3: I totally understand what you're saying.
Speaker 1: All right, So my get gritty guys like I don't know, do we go toughness, do we go whatever?
Speaker 2: And I'm gonna go.
Speaker 1: A guy that I thought just was awesome and he just embodies being tough is Camcrol, you know what I'm saying, And like when he is playing tough competitive football. My one cheat that was, I mean, I gotta you gotta give the guy his flowers, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: When you have a game like you had, like I can't just not talk about it. I feel like we got to talk about it.
Speaker 1: And I hope that this week, if they're gonna try, if if Dever's gonna try to run the football, I hope he's in the box, and I hope he's making every tackle. I hope he's in coverage. I hope he's doing what he does because he is such a versatile. You talk about him as a Swiss army knife. I think that's a really good description. But he's gonna have to tackle in the run game. He's gonna have to tackle and coverage and all those things require a ton of toughness, and I'm really excited to see what he's got.
Speaker 2: All right, So who who needs to dominate this game?
Speaker 6: Who?
Speaker 2: If there's one person needs to dominate? Who we got?
Speaker 6: Now?
Speaker 2: I got a good one for this.
Speaker 3: Mine is a good one.
Speaker 4: But mine come with an asterisk and an if mineus Chase Young, he plays, he needs to be dominant.
Speaker 3: The astisk come.
Speaker 4: Is if I know he playing. I think he is because I notice about a hungry dog. Dog will bite you, and this dude ain't play ball in a long time.
Speaker 3: And it ain't nothing.
Speaker 4: We know this like sitting back and watching your teammates they play your same position get off, Like watching Monted sweat get off, made him want to ball, leave it more, make him can't wait to get out there. So I'm gonna go. Chase Young is the reason and is the why that we need to He's he needs.
Speaker 2: To be dominant. My guy is whichever receiver is matched up on number twenty seven.
Speaker 3: So really, you just find number twent and throw whoever the.
Speaker 1: Ball, because like they're gonna try and match, like if if the last game was any indication, they gonna try and match Patrick Shtanda with the best receiver. So, like you said, Terry's a little bit banged up. Maybe it's Sehan, maybe it's whoever. Maybe they don't do it, but whoever is the guy on number twenty seven.
Speaker 3: Throw him the ball, Throw him MW seven, Throw him.
Speaker 1: The ball because I think I think, I think he's a fine player, but he obviously, like if there's a weakness in the back end of that group, he's the guy.
Speaker 2: And if I want to make sure that.
Speaker 1: They got it, that he got it you know, you said he's gonna get it worked out his mom called him or whatever.
Speaker 2: I want to make sure his mom said the right things.
Speaker 1: Yep, because we're gonna test that and we're because we got good receivers. Let's figure out how to get that guy whatever it is he needs to.
Speaker 4: Learn, Like he needs to learn how to play a cross from the elite corner, Like when you the other corner, Dude, you have to make him throw back, say in the corner, because if you don't, this is gonna be seeing it won't stop.
Speaker 2: It shows you the important needing two guys on the out side, two guys.
Speaker 5: So my guy, since you're trying to talk about those guys and they're gonna need these two guys, I got two guys.
Speaker 6: Charles Leno Jr. Andrew Willy Love it. I love it.
Speaker 5: I need both of my tackles to be dominant. I mean I wanted, I want to. I want our quarterback to have so much time to where they turn around like I want them guys to pancake to pas whatever it takes for you to be a dominant tackle. Every time you get that guy in front of you, just keep your quarterback clean. And if he gets dirty because he goes outside the pocket and he wanted to add, yeah, that's on him.
Speaker 6: But I want him to have.
Speaker 5: Clean so much comfort in that in that pocket to where he knows at the end of the day, I got time if I want to, and if I don't see it, I take off and do something else with it.
Speaker 2: Love that, Taylor, love it. Everyone. Great job in that segment. Okay, so let's go next thing.
Speaker 1: Game predictions, Fred, you came out with the most outlandish game prediction last week.
Speaker 2: So let's start with you.
Speaker 4: What do you think when I was right because we won, I picked a winning You picked the winning with the score.
Speaker 3: But eventually the.
Speaker 4: Scoring gotta pick up. And I thought to myself, Yeah, this might be a slow game. They offic is gonna try to slow the game down. We might try to run the ball. But then every time we think that, we get to the game and it's farted zero something something like we don't know, we don't know, like the greatest thing about.
Speaker 3: Sports and football.
Speaker 4: It's the longest running reality show of all time, this reality show.
Speaker 3: I have picked. You can take this to the MGM and drop it off. I'm going twenty nine, okay, ten who.
Speaker 2: Washington command Washington commanders, all right?
Speaker 4: And they just because I'm homeboy, I feel like we're the better team.
Speaker 6: Okay, what you got Taylor seven seventeen seven?
Speaker 2: We win seventeen to seven.
Speaker 6: Like a baseball it's slow.
Speaker 5: You're talking about slow, you're talking about you know, you know, their their offense. I think the offen is gonna do enough. I'm one of the things I love about our defense. We seem to be in but not break, you know, So we give you a little bit all right, you want to get all fat and happy, here you go. You know what I think offensively for us, man, I don't know how fast we're gonna be able to turn around and start scoring a whole lot of points.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but it took us a while, you know what I mean at home.
Speaker 5: And I know the conditions was a little different, and I know some of the turnovers kind of you know, hinded us from doing that also. But on the road it's gonna be much tougher. Yeah, it's gonna be much tougher. You're gonna you're.
Speaker 6: Gonna have the crowd effect.
Speaker 5: You're gonna have a lot of stuff going against you, the air up there to climb in, all that stuff.
Speaker 6: So I see a scoring But this is gonna be one of those things We're not gonna go.
Speaker 5: It's not gonna be high power. This is gonna be one of those things. We gotta grind fourteen then we're gonna end up kicking the field goal. We're gonna get seventeen points. And I don't see how defense letting up. You know, they might not even score.
Speaker 4: But two weeks the defense gonna be only gave up seven points.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's pretty crazy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I'm gonna say, let's say twenty one to twenty is the score, and I'm gonna give the edge of the commanders. It's gonna be a bloody nose type of game. It's gonna be tight, it's gonna be interceptions, there's gonna be all sorts of stuff. But I think ultimately they come out on top. I think the offense. Our offense is a little bit more dynamic at this point, just from what I've seen. I don't think Sean Payton wants Russ doing anything crazy dynamics. So if they get up, I think we have the ability to get back into the game and score some points. But don't get it twisted like this is a bend your face mass type of game. So put your mouth beace in. Boys, let's get after that.
Speaker 6: I see it.
Speaker 4: We want to go twenty nine because a guys a drinking beat juice.
Speaker 2: So let's talk about beach. So why so this is the beat juice.
Speaker 1: So so one of the things about plane at elevation, we've talked about how it's really dry. Santyus didn't really notice, but I remember before every game I drink. Any game in elevation, I drink beat juice because beat juice is a vaso dilator, which basically means it takes your red blood cells in your red blood cells in your body, and it forces them to expand and make them bigger so you can carry more oxygen in this oxygen deficient environment.
Speaker 6: That memo you get them. Member, you know, see drinking my hand.
Speaker 4: I was drinking the You gotta take the weapons you have, but not a guys a drinking beat juice.
Speaker 2: With bee to. So do you want to try to taste of it? You got me one.
Speaker 4: I'm really afraid to drink beat juice because regular beats don't taste it.
Speaker 1: I was just looking at the sugar here and there's twenty two grams of sugar. So this is gonna be really like it's gonna taste like.
Speaker 3: Juice, but it's still don't taste like beets.
Speaker 2: I bet you tastes. I bet you don't even be fruity. Yeah, it's gonna be like it's got pineapple or something. May I like beet Let me smell it.
Speaker 3: I like the best ball.
Speaker 2: That boy.
Speaker 4: That boy, I'm not gonna taste.
Speaker 2: I wannaste it. I got what you think you want to You want to want.
Speaker 6: To want to try. I'm sorry, I want to try it.
Speaker 2: It's pretty beaty. It's pretty beaty. Look at my teeth, they're all right now.
Speaker 6: It looks that is yet boy, tastes like dirt.
Speaker 5: They say you beat you because you get it from the beats.
Speaker 6: Taste like clean it the right way if you don't put the stuff.
Speaker 1: This is anything with a potato dir like this because you said it, I got a little dirt.
Speaker 6: In there here.
Speaker 3: Listen to you come in the can free day.
Speaker 2: It looks like straight blood.
Speaker 3: I'm not doing to come out, Fred, have a sep.
Speaker 2: Fred, you said you're gonna do it no freeze.
Speaker 3: Oh my god.
Speaker 4: That would didn't even making money because because it's a vastal dilator.
Speaker 3: Bro I tell coach, I'm not playing get him.
Speaker 4: If I gotta drink beat juice, I knew it was gonna be nasty to it tastes.
Speaker 2: Just like it tastes like it takes a beat, so converse.
Speaker 3: Listen to me.
Speaker 2: I don't they've ever seen you this fired up about you want something not.
Speaker 3: Listen. Wouldn't let my dog drink that listen.
Speaker 4: They would be like, Fred, mean juice and you ain't gonna make it long, lady, See your lady.
Speaker 2: That beat juice was the worst, not great.
Speaker 1: Mine's got a little pineapple actually in it, so maybe that makes it better. Tastes new people that lie like you're not taste beat. It tastes like a beat salad.
Speaker 4: When you was young, then your mama like take you to your grant, your great anty house or something. You would go over there. Then you be like, mama, what's that smell? Yes, you know your anti house.
Speaker 2: Thank right.
Speaker 4: You don't want to say nothing. Your mama telling you to shut up. But the truth gotta come out, and the truth.
Speaker 3: Fields beat juice ain't good.
Speaker 4: It's what you're thinking out there listening to us. I would like beat juice sounds like his names, like, ain't nobody saying you know what? To drink some avocado juice?
Speaker 2: Now you do, I've had some before you of course you drink beats, but he doesn't juice.
Speaker 1: Really, avocados don't juice this Okay, this actually has like a medical benefit in terms of performance enhancement, So we're first medical, but there also there's also other things should be fair to beat juice.
Speaker 2: That tastes way better of this that are also vast so dilating.
Speaker 1: Yes, for the record, no DEVI anyway, that'll do it for Hopefully the boys shrink all their beat us up and Fred will be cramping up like crazy in this game. But hey, thanks for guys, Thanks you guys for joining. Make sure you tune in next week for the recap pod. We'll touch on the Denver game then, thanks so much for joining us. Bye bye eight beats.
Speaker 6: Don't drink.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: Make sure you guys shot out the pregame show with B Mitch and Santana Game Day Live one hour before the game. Postgame Live is where I joined B Mitch and we get our insert reaction to what's going on.
Speaker 2: Watch you it free on.
Speaker 1: YouTube, Facebook RX game Plan with Ron Rivera, where coach and I breakdown film. It's super nerdy and football heavy and we give you insight that you can't get anywhere else. This podcast will recap the Denver game next Wednesday. Be sure to subscribe to never miss an episode and also comment, Hey, GM bash.
Speaker 2: Glad we got you hyped up for the week.
Speaker 1: Thanks for listening. We got something for you each and every day of the week. Be sure to like him subscribe to our YouTube page. Never miss any exclusive commander's news and content. The views and opinions expressed by our podcast guests and or hosts are their own and do not necessarily reflect the views or positions of the Washington Commanders or any of their representatives.