Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio news.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 1: I'm Carol Master along with Alexis Christophers. Let's get to some of the stocks on the move this Thursday. Carmen Rhinegy in the house. She's equities reporter and deputy team leader for US Equities. Got to talk Alta. It is rallying big time in the aftermarket.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let's look at it. So this is ticker ULTA. Shares of Alta are up about five point four percent right now. So the company had quarterly earnings and it raised its full year outlook and it also reported better than expected results in the third quarter. So really, what it looks like here is that consumers are definitely happy to keep spending on cosmetics. And this can be, you know, actually a really good sign in the economy, and it's a place that people look at.
Speaker 4: It's like smaller discretionary purchases.
Speaker 3: So people are definitely still spending on these on these things, and investors are happy about it, sending the shares up in after hours.
Speaker 1: Well, we did see the CEO also talk about consumers remaining cautious, which has really been kind of I feel like the watch word or.
Speaker 5: Words from what kind of retailer you're talking about, if wait, from Kroger on down right when the food companies, the clothing companies. Although Abercrombie and Fitch yesterday had a really nice earning situation, Dollar in.
Speaker 3: General today too, So like we're seeing these pockets of places where people are still.
Speaker 4: Spending and willing to spend. And it looks looks like Alta.
Speaker 1: The dollar general tells a really big story right when they're doing well. It says how people are looking for bargains, all right, So Alta it is definitely up five and a half percent here in the aftermarket. Let's go to HP also reported after the closing bell.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so this is down about eight percent right now. Give an outlook for sales in the current quarter that was just a little bit shy of what Wall Street expected. So basically they're saying revenue will be about nine billion. Analysts we're expecting, you know, closer to ten billion. So this is kind of an issue because it suggests that the company isn't meeting some very high expectations for the sales of AI servers. HB is definitely a name that's gotten a boost from the AI trade so far this year, and you know, that's something that investors have just become sort of increasingly.
Speaker 4: Cautious about going forward.
Speaker 3: They really want to see the results the ROI return on investment in the UAN.
Speaker 5: That's just an example of like, hey, good is not good enough. You need to just be spectacular.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think that we see a lot of that.
Speaker 3: We're seeing that, you know, it's not just a beaten raise isn't enough. You know, it has to really blow earnings out of their water. And so then when you if you fall a little bit short, I think investors have been very swift to punish those stocks, especially if they're a name that's had a big run this year.
Speaker 4: I'm just going to pull up the year to debut and so, yeah, you know, I was going to pull up. It's down.
Speaker 3: It definitely looks like it got hit in the sort of draw down that we've seen from October, but it's still up very you know, significantly since April at least maybe about flat.
Speaker 4: On the year.
Speaker 3: So a lot of these names really just underwatch by investors, and so we're seeing you know HP slip a little bit here.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So another after the bell company that's a little bit smaller than HP, EU Praxis Precision. It's a medical company, and I know that it's it's a smaller market cap, smaller company. So like the volatility is greater. The stock is up something like fifty four percent here in aftermarket. What can you tell us?
Speaker 3: So ticker p r a X. So basically it had two things here. So it says that a study of a medication I'm going to try to say relutrin.
Speaker 5: You're grave, yeah, I oh, okay.
Speaker 3: So basically this company does a lot of sort of nervous system disorders, so this treats ES central nervous system disorder.
Speaker 4: Was successful. And it also said that it has.
Speaker 3: An NDA for another drug in the works to treat essential trumer. So both of these things were really positive. Shares are off their their hayes a little bit. It looks like in post market up about fifteen percent of right, they were up as much as fifty for after hours, especially when the headlines about the NDA hit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and up about one hundred and forty seven percent year to date, although almost fifteen percent of that float is short, so just but it's you know, one of these high flyers right when it comes to biotech.
Speaker 5: And then not earnings but a share sale helping out Sofi Technologies.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so we're looking at Sofi ticker Sofi. It's actually down about five and a half percent right now. So it's seeking to raise one point five billion in the share sale, working with Goldman Sacks.
Speaker 4: Looking to offer shares.
Speaker 3: For between twenty seven fifty to twenty eight fifty.
Speaker 4: So right now, it's trading actually right about at that rate.
Speaker 3: It's trading at about twenty eight dollars per share in after hours, so it's a little bit of a discount to Thursday's close, So it makes sense the stock would be selling off a little bit here.
Speaker 1: Why are they doing this vacation?
Speaker 3: Yeah, and it says, let me see our reporting is saying that it's enhancing capital position, new business opportunities, and it looks like we've reached out, but don't immediately have a response to request for comment.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, it's interesting, right. Yeah, and it also says that's a big sale, right, but it's looking to diversify beyond lending into other products, so they're looking to raise some money to like expand in terms of business, I'm always curious about why they need, why they share sale, and what they're looking to do. So yeah, it looks like they're expanding their business.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers Report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.