Speaker 1: Flame Flame.
Speaker 2: If you watch your coffee time the baby you know the name Flame my bro also known as my Roe Flame. Come in with last and come in with Jim love loundes. Baby, you better catch it when you can drop a knowledge from fatherhood to politics, shouting now comics, just paying homage.
Speaker 3: What's up? Tips? Yeah?
Speaker 2: You know she raised shot towns on speaking to the grown a second year. We're gonna laugh, cut him and kick it and at the again we leave it with just a lift. You spirits think you want to revisit so your first second listen Jim folks, so you slip, oh folks that we dig it?
Speaker 4: Good?
Speaker 3: Hey, no fish, do what you do? No do what you do?
Speaker 5: Can no do what I do?
Speaker 4: Noek Well, hello, welcome to laugh and learn, ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 1: This is your host, Flaming Bro, and we are so glad you came to join us this week. I'm must tell y'all this has been one of the most exciting weeks of twenty twenty three.
Speaker 5: That's fine for me.
Speaker 1: I have been on a whirlwind tour with the goat of comedy himself, the one and only mister Dave Chappelle. He has me not performing in comedy clubs or not performing in stadiums. But he has me performing in arenas in front of twenty thousand people.
Speaker 5: I want you to know that feels. It feels like an out of body experience sometimes when I'm out there.
Speaker 1: But them dresses be so nasty. I've definitely got a body of them dresses. So if I am on tour a day Shaparis, so you can catch us somewhere. I will be in Minnesota this Saturday, the twenty third. But today I am with you guys, my flaments, my listeners here at the Laugh and Learn on our third season of With iHeart under the Black Effect Network.
Speaker 5: Happy birthday, Black Effect.
Speaker 1: Network once again three years in, and I want to introduce you guys to my lovely co hosts this season, Miss Icon, the one and Only Bobby Clifford.
Speaker 3: Hello Tuts, Hello Tuts. How are you You're looking good? I've been following your social media stoff your gorgeous and ready enable.
Speaker 1: Well Bobbie like like we always say, I'm not gonna argue with you, and you're right, I.
Speaker 3: Don't know how you do the arena. I would I would literally drop dad.
Speaker 1: It really is the learning process Bobby, and it has taken me a couple of shows to actually get the feedback, the timing, the the wave of laughter, because it's it's almost like it's delayed, so you have the patience differently. And so it's the process to learn. And I would have never known that you have to experience it to learn it. So it's been great and Dave has been just the greatest teacher ever. But hello, Bobby Clifford, let's let's get it. Let's Dave into laugh and learn what we got happened in this part of America.
Speaker 3: This well, let's start off with something stupid or somebody that is stupid. Lauren Bolbert, I.
Speaker 1: Wish I would have been in that, in that in that studio we're watching it, get up.
Speaker 3: Freaking imagine and the Family Value woman who is you know, banging the drum for that is in the Mule Theater in Denver watching Beetlejuice ps a family friendly play, getting felt up and vaping, and she tells the woman behind her who was pregnant, quite pregnant, and asked her not to vape because it was getting in her face, that she was a miserable human being. Can you imagine it just when she's asked to leave. She did leave without incident. Appeared like that because because ps we have the we have the video flame. You know, she's denying that any of this ever happened. And then the theater came out with the video. But she gives, She gives the whole theater on her way out the bird and I thought, oh my god, what kind of family value is that? And it makes me ask you, which I'm going to ask you, when did it become okay to lie until someone has receipts or the proof.
Speaker 5: You know, she was going to go down to the in twenty sixteen.
Speaker 1: It became okay to like right in our faces and get away with it because guess who was the president hid me and give me very clearly baby. And you know why she felt like it was okay to lie, because if we're being led by example, the example that we see light in our face. Still to this day with ninety one federal charges, it's still right there and still the forerun in the forefront to become the leader of these United States. That is why they make it okay, because they have said that it's okay if he can get away with it. She felt like everybody else can get away with it. I know she's wrong, but I understand how she feels. If it's good for the goose, then it's good for the gander. We have allowed these big wigs. I ain't gonna say no names of people who are in charge of running things to get away with everything. So why would we think that that's the same way with the immigrants coming over here? The American dream was a white pick of fence in the house. But y'all showing them that you can make up a fictitious resume and get a seat on the State Senate and still be sitting there. It is what you see, it is what you are, and what we are allowing for people to get away with. We allow this, We allow this as American.
Speaker 3: It's really disappointing. Well, she didn't have vet him very well because he turns out he's a Democrat who owns a bar that is gay and trans friendly.
Speaker 5: So she said, talk about talk about karma.
Speaker 3: Yeah to all future dates where she had a very lovely time and we all saw her have it. She uh, yeah, she's yeah, she's not going out with him anymore. But I'm just disappointed if somebody calls you on something there used to be and I feel so old when I say, back in my day, you'd be embarrassed, you know, the fact that somebody would say that to you, you would turn green and apologize. Now she has apologized. She said she's going through a very public divorce, and you know she wanted to blow up some steam and she I'd love to know what was.
Speaker 1: Okay, go get a room, Yeah, get jo freaking and nobody got the note. But you sitting here and you're the biggest advocate for family values, are you being a damn tramp up.
Speaker 5: In the public And I did it with children?
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, Yeah, And you're gonna be worried about a trans person reading at a library. She's not for that, but she's okay going to third base in front of little kids right in front of her. But what I got, I got what hypocrips hypocrisy. So I thought was funny to start off with on the on a more serious note, something that was good, but good viewed by a lot, not not everybody. We had five US citizens who were charged with spying in Iran and all have had served five years. Uh released. There was a six million excuse me six billion dollar oil payment that that the US was holding, and we gave them five people back, and we gave them their money back. I think it comes in increments because they are held by the US Treasury to use this money for humanitarian aid. But the people on the right aren't so happy. There are also people who have loved ones that are still there and they're not happy that everybody should come or nobody should come.
Speaker 5: And as we know, wait a minute, did you say billion with a B.
Speaker 3: Yes, B six billion oil and gas money, the oil and.
Speaker 1: Gas money with all the homeless and all the issues that we have.
Speaker 5: I'm just.
Speaker 3: Oh, we couldn't use it. It wasn't it was their money. We just didn't pay them like we held the We froze their money. So it wasn't like we could use it for our purpose. We should have used it for our purposes. But you know what, Aron has a ton of those issues too. It would be nice to see that somebody in the world was actually doing something for the indigen So let's see. You know, we'll probably have some big chic or somebody over there that will work.
Speaker 1: I'm very pleased that those people got out of out of those prisons.
Speaker 3: I am too.
Speaker 1: I watched that show Locked Up Abroad, and I see some of the situations prisons.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's deplorable.
Speaker 3: It's really awful.
Speaker 1: Yeah, American prisons got their own issues, but those some of those third world country in prisons, Oh my god, it's like living in a sewer.
Speaker 3: They had a There is a man that was from Iran that was here and I wish I got his name. I was watching Chris Cuomo catching up on the shows, and his daughter was all nervous. He went to Dubai for for work. The Iranians came over. He was very against the regime that's in there now. The Iranians, how they knew he was there, went in and kidnapped him, brought him to Iran. He's been in jail, I think for ten years. In his he doesn't have a sentence, he has an execution date. So she's terrified now that the fiver out that they'll go ahead and execute him. And he doesn't even have a passport with around any longer. But I felt and my heart bled for her. But sometimes you're not going to get everybody. It's so hard, so to get least some people, you know, I don't. It's a sticky situation. I'm really happy. I think that this administration they must have worked for miracles to even get where they are. So is it perfect, No, but none of it is.
Speaker 1: We're great sague into thanking our president, our sitting president, President Joseph Biden.
Speaker 5: I thank you Biden.
Speaker 1: I know y'all got y'all issues with our president right now, and I'm sure I have some with him as well, but right now I'm thanking him for that because he got Brittany Bonney came home under his watch.
Speaker 5: And now, so these are the five people, and y'all, y'all won't.
Speaker 1: Have a comment about it, but if you were stuck over there, you will want them to move heaven and earth to get you back to American soil.
Speaker 5: So we'll not get the hell off and do the best.
Speaker 3: And even under Britney Griner, do you remember, I'm sorry, there was a there was a soldier that was over there was still in jail, our previous mester, and he said he's glad she got out because not everybody can get out, and we're in a mess over there. Also, by Trump, he abandoned a key Nukia deal and he left them even more angry. So the fact that that old sleepy Joe was able to get them out, I'm thrilled.
Speaker 5: Uh well, I'm.
Speaker 1: Talking about perfect segue because we want to talk about sleepy Joe. The same person that called him sleepy Joe gave a speech Saturday night and kept mistaken Sleepy Joe for President Obama. Now the names don't sound familiar at all, but the color of the.
Speaker 5: Skin, damn show ain't close to each other. So I want god, who was the sleepy one?
Speaker 1: Is it for Biden? Because Trump was all over the place. I don't know if he had been in my lovelies Bobby and he hit the pot, maybe he had a shot or whatever the case would be. But Biden was as confusing as Trump. I mean, Trump was as confusing as he claims Biden to be.
Speaker 3: Oh my god. He first of all, he said, we're certain that we're going to be put into because under Biden's regime, he's doing such a crummy job. He's going to get us into World War two, right, which took place eighty years ago.
Speaker 1: And that his age, and he three years from being eighty.
Speaker 3: He is, he's seventy seven and a half so you know, he's only three years younger than than Biden, so we so like he thinks that three years is going to make this big, huge difference. I thought Kristen Welker did a remarkable job because she kept trying. It was like hurting cats. She kept trying to bring them back. Donald's bring him back. Yeah, he was all over the place. Nothing that we haven't we haven't heard. Blame me everybody for everything else.
Speaker 1: No policy, no policy, yeah, nothing, no resolutions, nothing but wine wine, wine, and you attacked me, attacked me. It's just he throw ponders and he is ridiculous. But he is I'm not going to say loved, but he is revered.
Speaker 3: He is something. It's sort of like a cult, you know, it really is. It's amazing, and some of these people are smart people. I feel like, maybe because my life is still boring that nobody has ever reached out to me. I feel like he's got the goods on everybody, Like he somehow is tapped into all of our houses and the people who are really following him, he's got something on them. I don't know. I know that's ridiculous to say.
Speaker 1: That's not ridiculous. Bout it because I've talked about that before. Yes, Biden is eighty years old, but Biden has spent fifty years in politics. Trump has never been a politician. But Trump was a businessman long before he threw his hat in the ring. So he did business on the Democratic and on the Republican side, which means and his dad, Donald John Trump was a beast, was a gangster. So he probably knows way many more secrets that he can cancel or get rid of or destroy somebody.
Speaker 5: And that's why they don't go after him.
Speaker 1: I strongly believe, because he has done business with both parties before he got into politics, that he knows where the bodies are being literally.
Speaker 3: Probably, I mean it has to be something. I just don't understand it. But I worry because I mean, I think we are your expression. The name of this show is.
Speaker 1: The Dirty Kitchen, and what happened was and I call it that because when Obama came into office, Obama came into a dirty kitchen. Bush left him a dirty kitchen. It takes two terms to clean the kitchen before you can do something. Obama left Obama left Donald Trump a very clean kitchen. In one term, Donald Trump destroyed everything in the kitchen I'm talking about broke the microwave, that's the refrigerator door handle.
Speaker 5: All the floors are nasty.
Speaker 1: So Biden has to clean up the kitchen long before he can get to the stove to cook. Because all Americans as American people, I don't care what nasty, nasty, you're racist, size or color, whatever you will have you identify. Nobody cooks in a dirty kitchen unless you're nasty. Nobody cooks in a dirty kitchen. So he has takes two terms to do that. And Biden is still repairing broken allies that Trump broke off.
Speaker 5: With us that we had in our pocket for years because he.
Speaker 1: Was over there talking crazy with them folks, so they blaming him for the wrong thing.
Speaker 5: I'm telling you, I'm riding with Biden. I'm riding with Biden. Now.
Speaker 1: We don't want him riding because on the bike we know he ain't no good and let's not talk about that up and downstairs syndrome that he suffers from.
Speaker 3: But yeah, but that expression is great. It's perfect for the case that we just talked about. Right, So maybe the Iranian the prisoner exchange would have gone better if we didn't have such a mess from the nuclear deal, whether it's absolutely furious with us, but it's not helping our gas prices, that's for sure. They're they're still up even after the summer.
Speaker 1: Well, y'all doing better than we are, because in California, guess is seven dollars, it's.
Speaker 3: Three eighty six? Is the national average other than Colorado, North Dakota, California, it's all up. And you know what, I'm surprised why it's so much Like I'm thinking, doesn't it come from Alaska down kind of come you're on the you're on the coast. It doesn't make any sense to me why it's so stink and expensive. It's not like it's you know, you have to travel all over for it.
Speaker 5: Don't forget where we live.
Speaker 3: No, I know it's true, but I mean a lot of this has to do with with the the shut off from Saudi Arabia and from Russia, you know, cutting off. Not that we we take much gas from them, but it's kind of it affects everything as a trickle down, so crazy, it's absolutely crazy. H Did you hear that that the talks are going big over in Russia with with Kim Jung un or whatever his name.
Speaker 1: Is, and it's and we have talked about that here on laugh and earnybody, And that is my fear while we while we still in such termal all over race and color and arguing on talking about a civil war here and a civil war there, while we're fighting in each.
Speaker 5: Other all this and and you know what's so crazy, Americans.
Speaker 1: Should see how it has destroyed the Republican Party and the Democratic Party all this in fighting, you can't get anything accomplished.
Speaker 5: But now we're going to fight each other.
Speaker 1: While we are fighting each other as Americans on who whose color is the great race and whose color is not the great race, We're gonna all be the.
Speaker 5: Dead race because they our enemies will be we.
Speaker 1: Will be so focused on fighting each other, they're gonna take us all out.
Speaker 3: It's really scary because I mean that really is that that that could be a nuclear war, you know, with with all of those those and the.
Speaker 5: Words of Trump, that could be World War two. Bobby, it's not even funny.
Speaker 3: But those ballistic missiles are like absolutely no joke. So it really super super crazy. And speaking of infighting, I mean, look what's going on in Congress in the Senate. I mean, the Republicans are just fighting. It's like they're paralyzed. The far far crazy, mega right, the gets is the Hillary Taylor whatever is there. They're like Marjorie Taylor. Yes I'm green. I couldn't think of her last name. God it's a color. I'm having a senior moment.
Speaker 5: Share.
Speaker 3: They're absolutely holding people speak to the fire and talking about potentially ousting McCarthy, which could happen because the margins are so narrow. It wouldn't take a whole hell of a lot.
Speaker 5: Well, it took what it took him seventeen.
Speaker 3: Right, honest to gosh. Just crazy.
Speaker 1: But and here's my issue with here's my love about that, because my baby coming back. My baby has came up out of retirement. Say I'm coming back. My Nancy Pelosi is coming back.
Speaker 5: So listen.
Speaker 1: I believe that they vote Nancy will win round one.
Speaker 3: Oh, honest to god. But she doesn't want the big seat. That'll be hakeeen. But she can. I would love it if if after the election, if we if the if the House turned, I would love her to groom Hakeem a little bit more. I think that that would be absolutely great. You know, while she still was in giving him advice, kind of bringing him along and letting him, letting him be as a strong, fierce leader like she was.
Speaker 5: She you know she was.
Speaker 3: She will go down in history as is one of the best, the best in the business for sure. On both sides will say that you know, there was no if she said something, it was happening.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she was, she was. I said on they ready that she was the strongest Democrat, that she had the more balls than anybody in the Democratic line, right, she really did.
Speaker 3: They came after her family and she still kept going. Did you see that Hunter Biden is now suing the I R S. Which I find I mean, it's not necessarily a bad thing. He said, there were there's privacy issues and stuff shouldn't have been leaked. You know, it's it's sort of flip, you know, he's he says that they violated his privacy rights by disclosing tax return information openly. So we'll see if that's We'll see if he did you know, the whistleblower. We're saying, member prostitutes, sex club memberships, there are a couple of other things and they shouldn't have been able.
Speaker 5: To speak to that.
Speaker 3: So if he feels it's it's like a double edged sword. He feels as if as if his last name wasn't Biden, he wouldn't be in the the mess he was in. And the other side feels that because his name is Biden, he's getting a preferential treatment, which seems a little crazy to me. But but we'll see how that that pans out. I just feel badly for his dad because I think it's doing nothing but hurting his dad.
Speaker 5: Well, that's that's the reason.
Speaker 1: With the gas price, is with the food prices, with all the crisis that's happening.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 1: They're trying to do this because the November fourth, it's coming faster than we know, which is election day primaries. They are really trying to discredit him as the president now to make Trump look better. Trump is facing ninety one federal charges. God did to write full long guilty on tape saying he needs one hundred and eighty made up vote or eleven thousand, one hundred and.
Speaker 3: Yeah, whatever the number is. Yeah.
Speaker 5: So you.
Speaker 1: The reality of it is that we sit here and we see it, but it's not what you see. Now.
Speaker 5: This is not even what you hear. It is just what you want and choose to believe.
Speaker 3: It's true. It's it's it's amazing that so much has been brought to light, and people still it's like they don't, you know, see no evil here, no evil that it seems absolutely crazy. But speaking about the Congress and Senate Chuck Schumer, Actius is reporting that earlier this week that he is he is no longer enforcing a dress code on the chamber floor. And I think this is a nod to John Fetterman, which is nice because he always looks like a hobo to me. You know, he looks like you know when you wake up and you just throw what's on the floor on. And he's showing up at the Senate. I have to say, I like a little formality. I like when people used to dress for dates. I liked when they dressed to travel.
Speaker 1: Well, as an American who watches who's an avid news watcher, and I remember telling my old partner on the first season of Laugh and Learned, Nick Smith, it I trust you more if you I trust the man. A male noose responded to cast them more if he has a suit jacket on, not necessarily a tie, but it's something. The right suit jacket that commands authority and attention.
Speaker 5: With women, as long as the hair is done, I'm pretty cool. But with men, I trust you more. If you have on a suit jacket, I do too.
Speaker 3: And I don't think it has to be a suit. You just said something even a two piece, you know, pants and a jacket. He doesn't have to have a tie. But there's something I don't know. I think I think we're losing something.
Speaker 1: You know, well, I would say, well, we grew up who we grew up, Walter Kronkai.
Speaker 5: You know, Yeah, that's who we grew up.
Speaker 1: And I just I just like the whole jacket thing. I think the jacket speaks authority and trust and intelligence. And when you two relaxed, I'm like, I don't know if I believe you. You just look like somebody off the block. And speaking of Walter Kronkait, my baby, my my love, my sweet face, David Muir is getting Walter Cronkit award. I don't know who David Muir is. He does world news every day and I love that. I have the biggest crush on.
Speaker 3: And he always seems I mean, obviously we don't see him and you only see what you see on TV. But he always seems st put together. And a few times I've seen him interviewed himself, which isn't much. He's kind of giggles a little bit. He's he's a little differential. He seems he seems sweet. But the one thing that we all do see is he works very hard and he deserves it. Nobody deserves it better.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, I lost. I watched.
Speaker 1: I watched World News because I want to know what's going on, but I mostly watching because I like to look at his old Kroogan nose face, because his nose is a little.
Speaker 3: That's all right, he looks, he's he's he looks alright with me.
Speaker 5: Very handsome man.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he is handsome, and he's somebody that's aging very well, you know, like very handsome when he was younger. But he's some people kind of just hold their looks. I think President Biden was. He was good looking as he is young and he's he's kind of held his look. His son not so much. But his son has lived a hard life. He was very handsome when he was young, but he's he's aging. With all this nonsense that's been going on. Uh, the auto strike.
Speaker 5: Is still on.
Speaker 1: That is another tactic to me, Well, there's so many strikes going on. They're even talking about but they're talking about resolving the writer strike and the actors strike here. But it's all of this is under Biden's watch, and he's so close to the primaries.
Speaker 5: I'm telling you, Bobby, it's my words.
Speaker 1: Is an overplay for it's an underplay for the like they're really trying to shadow by it and to make him look as horrible as possible, especially right now, right before the primaries, because then they want people to run to Trump. Oh, Trump is the savior. Trump is this. Trump is not the savior. But I don't think which I want to think. What I'm telling you how to think for yourself.
Speaker 3: She's he's saying he's going to go down there and he's he's going to help. Now, this was the same person who didn't think that he was telling them when they were threatening to strike, was like ten years ago, go to different states, cut the wages. You know, you can do it cheaper. So I mean, I do have to say. There was one a CEO that was at one of the companies. She was a female, and she was justifying her twenty nine million dollar salary by her performance, and I thought, you know, twenty nine million, you couldn't give a few of those million. Kick it down to the people, because labor is what supports any of these companies. If you didn't have the good labor and it wasn't tight and they weren't putting out a decent product, people wouldn't buy it, and you wouldn't you know, you wouldn't be able to get any type of bonus. Never mind bonuses that are like that. They're they're looking back. They're looking for just pay increases. Back when we had the last recession in seven, eighth, nine and ten, when when the government had to bail these companies out, they gave up their pay increases for a certain amount of time. So they're just looking to be brought hole again. You know, they were willing to do that with the government. These are good we're hard working people to keep you know, to keep the companies going. So I mean they have to do something. They're willing to twenty percent.
Speaker 5: But that's it.
Speaker 1: And here's a bigger killer about that. The quality of the car sys They have not been the same. When I grew up, my uncle worked in Detroit and worked at a car fact, they took pride in those parts. They took pride. And there's so many things are missing, so many things are not working. It is just not the same. The quality is not the same, The work ethic is definitely not the it's just different.
Speaker 3: Well, you just said it. So it's because at that time, Flame, they were given a pension, so they didn't have to worry about retirement. They were giving a good living wage, you know, and they were paid for performance as well, so if you hit your marks they all got. Wasn't a lot of money. They probably got a little bit extra at Christmas time or something. But these these people have no pensions any longer. They're making below, you know, substandard wages. Well you get what you pay for, as the old expression goes, you need to pay these people something and you'll get the cream of the crop. My own car, I said, nothing but problems they told today I found out I'm probably going to have to buy a new one because I had to put five thousand into it and the car isn't worth five thousand. And I'm like, I just paid it off, Flame, Isn't that the way? You just pay it off? And all of a sudden, the drops dead like a.
Speaker 5: Apple.
Speaker 3: No, it's the same kind of car you have, not Mine's not as nice as yours, same.
Speaker 1: Brand, because every time app come out with a new phone, the old one star right.
Speaker 3: It's the same thing. I mean, I just paid. I'm like I can just two years and I can pay off my student loans. Wouldn't that be great? Son of a sea cook? But unfortunately that's the that's the skinny, hey, something that I don't have a lot of information about. And I don't know you've been traveling so you might not. But there was a Los Angeles Connie sheriff who was shot and killed in his patrol powered to red light.
Speaker 5: Do you know they they bury him today.
Speaker 3: Oh, it's not awful. He was ambushed by Kevin Salazari was twenty nine. He just pled or his team pled guilty by reason of insanity. But we have no motive. So I didn't know if you guys had heard anything anything else.
Speaker 5: It's on the news here. The fiance spoke.
Speaker 1: He had just asked the fiance to marry him four days before and she said yes. That he was killed four days after and she made a very emotional plea on the news today talked about how fast, how wonderful he was and movable.
Speaker 5: So it is just you know, it's you nobody. I don't know.
Speaker 3: Kids, they're just kids. It's I mean, what could and the family.
Speaker 1: And the family talk spoke about him themselves, our guy, and they said that they had a history of mental illness and movable.
Speaker 5: So who knows what triggered it? Who knows if he was off His.
Speaker 1: Me is, we don't know the whole story, but it wasn't It was the La County sheriff. And I'm telling you, they're going to be on high alert. So and that's the problem that I have because they don't know how to put aside to hurt the pain. And this guy is Latino, and my feory is, so every young Latino young man that y'all see, because y'all angry that this one was might maybe mentally imbalanced, killed a sheriff, y'all want to be meaner to them or more abusive to me. I've seen it in the black community. I've seen it with some of my white friends. If somebody white hel somebody, you know, they they're just a little more on hire alerts, so they treat them a little meaner.
Speaker 5: They that was really bad.
Speaker 1: Blacks and Latinos will get it the worst. But that is the fear that, you know, you kill one of us, we're gonna just tearize all of you all.
Speaker 3: Well, I hope to god that doesn't happen. That said, I do hope that if this guy actually is mentally unstable, they'll get him off the streets and put him into some sort.
Speaker 5: Of Oh they got him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but well, a treatment. He maybe he might not necessarily need jail, right, It might be that he needs treatments that he's you know, if he's got bipolar or something and he's not a METS he needs to be I don't know. I don't know why it shouldn't be in a jail terrorizing them as well. So the writer's strike, I haven't heard anything new about the writer's strike on the side of the country.
Speaker 1: What are they saying on the news here? They saying that they were back at the negotiations table. It might be in a reason all hopefully soon. So maybe he'll getting all this together. Because of the California and the economy, it's really stuff from because so many people are unemployed because of the actors.
Speaker 3: Threight, right, I mean, I kind of imagine everybody forgets they think it's just the just the writers or the actors, and it's no, as you keep saying, it's craft service, it's the boom guys. It's the people who are clean up. It's yeah, the people who are put their stuff in there, putting the stuff in their trucks and schlupping it, you know, to set to set. Oh, I wanted to tell you I saw earlier today and I said, Oh, this has got flame written all over it. Taylor Swift, and we're already loving her because the bonuses she paid everybody you know or her people, I thought that was so great. She is really having a call to action to have people we're just to vote and vote, vote, vote, And she has such a huge platform that I'm hoping to God, especially the younger people will actually get off their their took uses and go do it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm loving it.
Speaker 1: I love to hear that because the youth is who's going to be the right so they need to get involved now. And I'm hoping that, like we talked about before, that people simplifying politics. Bipartisan infrastructure filibusters. Sometimes they go over people's heads, but if you simplify to make an ABC to making people understand why as simple as going to register and getting it done. So to make real change, I think people will respect the vote a little more because I think that's what's happening. People are losing respect for the vote.
Speaker 3: Bobby, Well, they don't. You're exactly right, because they don't think that their vote counts. If it didn't count, they wouldn't be beating the bushes looking for your vote.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, you know.
Speaker 3: It is a bit based on one vote. I know it is. We have the electoral college which makes it difficult. But you if your regular votes get your numbers up, then you'll win the electoral or college for that state. You know, So there is you say there's an overplay for the underplay, get out and vote.
Speaker 5: I think that they're trying to just credit the vote to That's why with all the cheating allegations and stop the steal, because if they make it look like it is worthless, it's easier for them to control. It's true if I said that.
Speaker 3: Correctly, No, you said that exactly. It's it is true. And even standing together, so you know, they had that un General Assembly and the president who Ukraine got up and he was asking for our help and telling why it's so important, you know, with the worship aggression and the genocide and taking the children from their own country, and you know, if it's it's just going to keep on moving aside. And I thought Biden did really well speaking, you know, emphasizing the importance of standing with Ukraine and you know, up to the naked aggression. Uh so it's not us because it's only a hop, skip and a jump over the pond to get to us, you know, after after Europe is captured.
Speaker 1: Well, can I just say how much I appreciate and respect of Zelenski. I think he is a gangster and I love that he is not afraid and whatever fears he does have, he does not show him. He stands in it and he stands for it, and he loves his country and his people.
Speaker 5: So the president's of Lizki, Yeah, he really does. I wish we could have said that about one of our presidents.
Speaker 3: Oh oh, I love President Obama.
Speaker 5: I stand with him, I said.
Speaker 1: One of our president Oh, I'm talking about a particular one.
Speaker 3: Yes, okay, specific one. All of a sudden, I'm like, oh no, I liked no it's the truth. Hey, but some people we just talked about that earlier in the in the hour, right, some people would they're still standing with them, even though he's you know, still acting a full you know, still saying that his ninety one indictments he was he was telling Welker were the Biden indictments. They're not, They're not anything else. Biden is driving this and nothing could be further from the truth. So it's just it's absolutely crazy to me, absolutely crazy.
Speaker 1: And this is the country that we live in, Bobby Clifford, because guess what, hear it, laugh and learn. We're not trying to get you to change your mind. We love you, guys. We're just trying to get you to use your mind because of why.
Speaker 3: Bobby, Because of mind is a terrible thing to waste.
Speaker 1: And I know some of y'all wasting y'all damn man's and I need you to get it right because it's getting close and it's getting closer. And I'm telling you right now, if you think we in a pickle, you have no idea what could be and what could happen, and you not paying attention to what you have seen in the last five years and the.
Speaker 5: Last five year. Is you not paying attention to what you have seen and folded right in front of your face in.
Speaker 1: This country, then you must be blind because it's right in your face. Fix it, Bobby cliff and fix it.
Speaker 3: It's true, and do your work. People vote, but we're not telling you who to vote for, but go and look at your options.
Speaker 1: Are Yeah, because the dirty kitchen. Nobody wants to cook in a dirty kitchen. We want a clean kitchen, So bide and clean that damn kitchen.
Speaker 3: Just don't be on no bike, go up any stairs or down down.
Speaker 5: Thank you guys for joining us here.
Speaker 1: Bobby Cliffer, thank you so much, Thank you trying fabulous producer, mister Aaron.
Speaker 5: We appreciate you. Aaron. Happy anniversary once again to the Black Affect Network.
Speaker 1: Charlamagne. You did it three years. And if you guys will be in uh Saint Paul, Minnesota this Saturday, the twenty third, I will be there. Look for me on the schedule on the roster. I'm on tour with the one and only that go himself, mister Dave Chappelle. And it has been an incredible experience. Thank you guys, have a fabulous, fabulous weekend. We will see you guys next week. Piece out Bobby Cliffer. Don't miss an episode of Laugh and Learn. Listen and subscribe on the Black Effect Podcast Network, Alright Heart Radio app or wherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 5: Laugh and Learn.
Speaker 1: Podcast is a production of the Black Effect Podcast Network and iHeartRadio. Our ejective producer is Tiffany Hattish. Our theme music is by the one and only Chrissy Payne. Thank you guys, this is Flaming Row. Don't forget to laugh, Listen and Learn