Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, Podcasts, radio News, The.
Speaker 2: Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 3: All right, let's have a look at some stocks on the move today here in EU. I'm Caroline Hepgar with Lizzie Burton, and we're joined by our Bloomberg with Project Clone Malay. An update from the home builder Vistry today. It really does not seem to have please inveses at all.
Speaker 4: Not at all.
Speaker 5: No, so Vistrey is warning of quite a tough year ahead. So it already had a profit warning back in May, and it came back today with an update that's not very reassuring. So it said that it expects a pretext loss of about thirty million pounds for the first half of the year. We just said that was because of measures that it is taking to quickly raise cash.
Speaker 4: And then in addition to that, there's.
Speaker 5: An ongoing review that the CEO has started that could hit profit even more. The results of the review will be in now in September. But the company did give a little bit of a taste of what's to come, so it said it would reegotiate contracts and scale back land purchases to try and bring down a debt. And then in addition to all of this, the CFO is also leaving. So it's a lot happening for history. It's not very positive. It's obviously been a very difficult time for home builders generally lately. Those high energy costs mean that there's been a surge in the raw materials raw material costs, and then the home buyers, potential home buyers are not very confident at the moment because of those high morbit rates.
Speaker 3: Yeah, although I do wonder this is the new CEO, isn't it, And so you sort of want to also if it's kind of kitchen sink as they try to turn things around.
Speaker 1: Perhaps yes, maybe Okay, And let's also talk about another stock in the airline space. Earlier this week we talked a lot about EasyJet. Yes, but it's the summer season, so let's talk about Jet too as well.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Absolutely so, a big jump for Jetsu this morning of the back of quite an encouraging update for the company.
Speaker 4: The results came in line with expectations.
Speaker 5: It said that the bookings for this summer were currently ahead of the summer last year that there was really growing them on for the package holidays that Jetsu is famous for.
Speaker 4: And on the cost side, it seems that it's.
Speaker 5: Doing okay actually with actually good fuel hedges, so the same thing that Ryan there is benefiting from. And so all of that means that it is able to return cash to shareholders with a two hundred and fifty pound buyback. So overall, very reassuring update from a company that is part of this struggling sector. Of course, you mentioned that we've been talking a lot about easy Jet and just overall there's been so much talk about those higher fuel costs, that low consumer confidence really hitting the airline industry. But it's quite interesting to see a budget airline like Jet to manage those challenges actually quite well.
Speaker 4: It seems.
Speaker 3: Yeah, absolutely so that on the holiday company Jet to Repsol advancing in trading in Madrid.
Speaker 4: What's behind that move? We're seeing all prices.
Speaker 5: Yes, yeah, yeah, So there's a company specific reason and then the kind of wider sector reason for reps So the company specific reason is that they came out with some updates about the refining margin, said that there was a very strong refining margin in the second quarter, so echoing what we heard from Shell in their production update earlier in the week, and then the sector wide reason as you mentioned, Caroline, this is about those oil prices rallying because of this US around deal looking increasingly fragile, with the US striking multiple targets and around after attacks on ships in the Strait of Hormus. So this suggests that there might be continued disruption to oil flows, and so of course that is boosting crude prices. And you know, we have seen that volatility be a really great earnings boost for those companies in the second quarter, and it seems that the third quarter is shaping up to be just as volatile. If those strikes continue, that will have obviously implications for the oil sector, but a bunch of other sectors as well, So I'll be keeping an eye on that.
Speaker 2: This stockmover's report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.