Speaker 1: Leading off starts right now on Fantasy Pros. I am Chris Welsh. That right there, that's Kelly Kirby. It's a wonky Wednesday. When we say it's a Wonkee Wednesday around these parts, it doesn't mean that things are going haywire crazy. I mean, maybe some things might be going haywire in the background a little bit, Kelly, just the time event, but it doesn't mean it's anything bad. It actually means the opposite. It's the best. It means we get a little bit of extra juice on our home runs today and I get the hangout with the wonky penguin. Kelly, what's up? Not a lot?
Speaker 2: I was gonna give you a twenty two minute standing at like ovation just to you know, take some time. But I just will tell everyone I have six dogs right now in a very small square footage. A friend of mine is having kind of an emergency surgery, so I'm going to keep them as quite as I can for the people listening. But YouTubers, I can't help you if I have to mute and turn around and yell a lot.
Speaker 1: So I do think we could make it into like a drinking game. And of course it's very early so we can make it maybe coffee or shots of espresso or something that we were sitting right before the show started and then we're just about to go and I hear and I was like, there we go. So if you hear dog sounds, take a drink, Yeah, take some caffeine and something like that. I'm all for it. I'm all for it. I've got some dog that thinks the pool man is hades himself is the devil and just has to scream, and the dog screams, so it happens. It's the world of podcasting. But Kelly Kirby in the house for Milwaukee Wednesday, and we got a lot to cover. I got a home run board, by the way, I can tease that we got an update and the home run board, which would be nice to check out. But let's get right into it. Christian Yelich yesterday hit a four hundred and ninety nine foot home run, which was the longest home run of twenty twenty two. And for some reason, I'm very skewed by video games sometimes, like I forget maybe every like six months. My brain just resets that we don't have five hundred and twenty five foot homers. You know, I think old MLB, the Show and MVP Baseball and everything just screwed up my brain when I think about it, because I hear four ninety nine, I'm like, it's pretty good. It's pretty good. Well, it's so good. It is the highest this year, and it's the third farthest ever tracked on stat cast. Kelly and Christian Yelich putting in some I know, that's what I read.
Speaker 2: It was.
Speaker 3: That's surprising.
Speaker 1: That's very surprising to me too. It was the third highest in the stat Cast era. So Christian Yelich, so far on the season, he's had so many comparisons to Cody Bellinger him, those two have fallen in the same realm. They're not because Bellinger has been completely worthless. Yelich is quietly putting together a season that we actually might be able to justify where we were taking him. You know, post one hundred, around one hundred's twelve homers, sixteen stolen bases. I would have never guessed eighty five runs on the year. A little, tiny outside shot might be able to get to one hundred, hitting right around two sixty, double digit walk percentage. I mean, Kelly, Christian Yelich kind of became useful again. He's just not elite, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I got burned by him last year so badly that I was just refused to draft him anywhere this year, and I have kind of kept tabs on him. And as a player, I've always I've always really actually enjoyed him, even as a Cubs fan. So I'm glad to see him doing well. I just and I'm glad for fantasy managers who picked him up way late in drafts. But yeah, that those numbers actually just surprised me incredibly ones.
Speaker 1: You know what's also as interesting is I kind of feel like Christian Yelich is a guy that we all have. This Usually sometimes it comes from like us not owning players that we might not check in on guys a whole lot, But y'all, you also have guys that just what they are in your mind is already done, like it's already over, Like you don't you don't need to really go and check in. You don't need to. There's no highlights of it. But Yelich has quietly been kind of fixing himself. If he started off the season around two thirty, he hit two thirty in March April he hit two thirty in May, but then June and July he was right around two ninety's dip down in August back down, but it's in the two fifties, and what you're seeing is an overall improvement of two fifty one in the first half to two seventy eight in the second half, and a significant amount of stolen bases, though thirteen of the sixteen came in the first half of the year, and the second half is registered almost about half of what the first half has. So if you can you know who's on first, you can follow that. It's just the stolen bases have come down when they were a lot more significant in the first half. But he's still showing off the power, he's showing off the speed and feels like one of those guys we might be able to buy back into next year. Is because he's going to come at a reduced cost.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, if there's enough of a discount, I think I would be willing to go back into, you know, rostering him and kind of writing out because he's I like when he's a consistent player. Obviously everyone does, but there are times where he swoons to dis agree that he does and even look like his back is functioning at all.
Speaker 1: So it's a good point. But you know, when his back is going, he's dropping him four ninety nine, Big Dogs, Big Dogs. An interesting group of players that he might be around. We could argue some of the rookies. So I thought, let's get a little bit of a rookie update on the top guys you'd put on here that Tristan Cassis was called up, made his major league debut. Eccentric guy. I don't know everyone saw his debut. When he was got to the stadium. He took off his shirt and he just had some shorts on and he walked out and he went out onto the field and just laid in the grass in the sun, and some players were like, what are you doing. He's just being him, being his guy. And he made his major league debut. He goes one for four with a homer. He had three strikeouts. But also did you see the controversy of the guy where he hits the bomb and the guy gets the ball and won't give the ball back like he was holding a hostage. He was holding the home run ball hostage from Cossas and there was like ushers trying to figure something out I didn't. I don't know if I saw what the ending was to it, but you know, I was thinking about this. This is going in completely different tangent, but man like, baseball fans have some of just the worst, like like dirt bag fans, And I was like, football is hyper aggressive. Like when I think of football fans, I think, you know, they're all drunk, they're all fighting, they're all doing this. But baseball fans are just like there's just like a lot of bad people. The video of the guy the player throwing the ball to all the girls and the guy who a soda jersey comes in and steals the ball, Zach Hambell. In general, this guy, I don't know why this keeps happening, but I guess that's a whole nother side story. But Tristan Coss is showing off a little bit. Any early impressions on being able.
Speaker 2: To get to see him, I haven't gotten to see him. I was busy last night, so I didn't I missed his intro. But I do love you know, people are always like, hey, act like you've been here before, And I love when guys are like I worked my entire existence to get to this moment, it's like in the field and get some sign that's awesome. But otherwise, no, all I know is that Gems McSorley called him for his home run call. So that was an impressive shot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, that's very true. So on the other rookie side, I just got me thinking with Tristan Cossa is coming up. The positive is they said they are going to let him run every day. Obviously not going to let him exhaust his prospect eligibility if that's even a possibility at this point, but they said they are going to play him every day. Has we're not going to come back. Bobby Dollback was sent down, So this is Costas's job to roll big power. Makes better contact than Dollback. Three strikeouts not great, but it's not something I'm crazy worried about. So Costas is going to be one of those guys who's going to be a good source of power if you're looking at it for your corner infield, and he's going to get every day at Pats and that's what's a big key. But it got me thinking about the other rookies, and we've had two different sides. So Corvin Carroll over the last week. Corby Kiel's essentially been here for a week, hitting only four for eighteen with one run, one RBI. In hitting two twenty two off of a very nice hot start, he has sat where I don't think we've seen Gunner really sit. Gunner in that same period of time nine for thirty one, two runs, a homer, two RBI is still in baseball hitting two ninety. So the infield position player has been much more valuable. Are you out on Carol. I'm not gonna even ask you Gunner, because I think Gunner has been more than serviceable right now. But when you see Carrol's early stat line here to twenty two, he's getting to play mostly every day outside of an occasional sit on a lefty. Are you moving on from Corman Carroll right now? And I don't know if you've got to pivot for it.
Speaker 2: If it's a redraft and I'm like in the playoffs, then yeah, there are enough outfielders. I would just want to protect more of my average. I think, like, I'm not going to chase him doing high counting stats for September, So yeah, I'm out in that regard obviously. In keeper, if I'm not in the playoffs then for you know, yeah, I would write him out for the rest of the year. But no, that's the thing in draft leagues for me, where you know, they call up all these guys and it's again it's kind of that like, oh, I want him, I want I want the best version of him on my team, and they do this like sort of you know, the four for eighteen or whatever. So yeah, so I'm out on him just but again, I'm out on a lot of rookie call ups if I'm in the playoffs, just I don't trust them.
Speaker 1: It's it's still to continue. Like the Burn and Churn, You burn and Churton players, you drop guys that had big names for the rookie guys that came up. Cormin Carroll has struggled. McCarthy's been amazing, you know, that's been a big one. McCarthy. I I think Bubba had shared this, Bubba or Mike Kurlin over the last thirty days that Jake McCarthy leads the league in stolen bases. He's been your leader in stolen bases here. So Burn and Churn, So the same thing we would apply to the Wit Maryfield. Why Wit Maryfield would be a guy we would cut for Corbick Carroll, Corbyn Carroll for the next guy. That's what you would do. Here, interesting conversation going on in the chap where this is coming out about the ball, where Gokards is like no obligation to give up the ball, and it looks like Jim said that deal on the table with the interviewer was a Cossus signed bat, a Bogart signed ball, and an item to be named later for the home run ball. So here's my question, M I don't have a problem cutting the deal. If I, let's say I would have catch Tristacassus's ball, I'm one hundred percent going to give him the ball. But it's definitely like, hey, you know, let's give me a sign Jersey, give me something like that. I'm down for that, But I'm not a I wouldn't be I wouldn't be a hold hostage type of person a Kelly, would you hold hostage? Would you hold a hostage for you know, a couple things like they said, or obviously if this guy didn't take that deal, this sounds like someone who's trying to hit eBay and trying to put it out on the auction block. What would be what would be your mo here? If you caught Tristicassa's first career home run ball.
Speaker 2: My first thought, honestly, because I'd give it back. I would probably give it back for nothing. At ball means nothing to me like it and it means everything to him, So I don't see what I would need. But my first thought was I was just like, yeah, I mean he could sign a different ball, or just even honestly, like a picture with him and like a thank you note. Look, I would just want to be like, thank you for giving my ball back, here's my autograph, and here's a picture.
Speaker 1: If I get the sunflower seeds and maybe like a prep seed and then like a picture, that would be cool, Like yeah, I know I kind of agree with you, Like I have a guilt and a shame where I wouldn't be able to like I couldn't be the person that was like, what do you got for me? I might be like, you know, here's the ball. Could I maybe get like an autograph jersey or a bat or something, and hey, I really like Xander, Like I would probably go that level. But if they told me no, I'd probably be like, Okay, you know here I would probably be a pushover like that because I wouldn't be able to take him take it away from him.
Speaker 2: But you know, you know, for me, life gets a lot more fun when I don't look at like everything from what's the financial worth of this? And maybe it's a female thing. I don't know, but I just really I'm like that again, like I said, yeah, the ball's nice, but it just means nothing to me. Yeah, I caught his first home run, and I'm I'm a jackass for keeping it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if I caught like a Corbyn Carroll the first home run or something like that, And I was like, the diavs should probably just want to give me season tickets, like it wouldn't even be where. They're like, even if you don't catch it, you can have season tickets, the tickets with Boston that wouldn't work in other places.
Speaker 2: So I can see Arizona. I can see Arizona doing like we're gonna do a drawing for season tickets and then surprise, everyone here gets them.
Speaker 1: Like yeah, it's like one of those scams where it's like one person's gonna win, but really everybody wins because we have to get people. That's actually always been my thought. By the way, my capitalist mind doesn't necessarily work. I'm always shocked at the team, the not great teams, like the Diamondbacks of Pirates. Why they wouldn't just give out free tickets, Like is the money really going to be made on the seat? No, the money is made on the parking, it's made on the food, it's made on the items that are going to buy. Just get people in states. Just give them, you know, give them free tickets, like it's the Arizona Fall League. Just let them get in, especially for bad teams that have ten thousand people in the stadium. Don't worry about the ticket prices. Worry about your beer because that's, you know, be the thing marked up.
Speaker 2: I agree entirely, and I think that Doc in the chat there has the best option that he would make a deal. But for something really weird. He wants a bag of only banana runts signed by the nighttime janitor at the field.
Speaker 3: Like that, that seems perfect.
Speaker 1: I like that. Yeah, you're like a like a what is it called, like a writer? You know, you're just like I want a bag of blue m and ms and then I want only cherry Pepsis that have been chilled to this degree. I like that. I like doing like a writer. Yeah one, yeah, I would probably want to do we move on from.
Speaker 3: This, but like, you know what, actually you can do a whole podcast on that.
Speaker 1: We can do a whole podcast on it. But I just thought of like the one unique thing I would want because it'd be fun to get, you know, a baseball or something, but take batting practice. That would be one. I would be like, can I take batting But then they would say no, and they'd be like, Okay, here's the here's the ball.
Speaker 2: I could sign up for that as long as they promised that I get to use the team trainer when I throw my back out.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Actually, you know what, maybe that's all you say, Like, I just need to see the team trainer. That's it. That's all that I want. Can I please see the doctor?
Speaker 3: That's all I want?
Speaker 1: The doctor might be the only thing that I asked for as well. All right, moving on here from the rookies. A lot of rookie conversation. The crux of it is the guy is struggling. Move on, You're okay, Carol, You're okay, Donnard Henderson. If there was a better hand out there, go for it, but you don't need to hold on too tight. On the injury front, Max Sure's are is placed on the fifteen day IL. Earliest return date is now September nineteenth. Helly, this is big, no bueno.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is terrible, and especially because the Braves just caught him, right or did they pass them? That is not what nuts fans want to hear. And today I miss Joe and Dan and watching their said faces discuss that.
Speaker 1: But yeah, it's fun watching the met fans struggle and hurt. And hey, by the way, not the picture you would have thought that would have got hurt. Jacob Grom, I know so.
Speaker 2: I mean one took the whole first half off. The other one's kind of taking the second.
Speaker 3: Half be great. I truly hope that he.
Speaker 2: Can come back for the playoffs, but from a fantasy perspective, that is terrible.
Speaker 1: Timing their powers combined, they'll make the number one pitcher in baseball when they're all put together. We put those seasons together. Other On the injury front, Starling Marte out us to be another met Ones out of Game one on Wednesday with a hand injury. By the way, make sure you are tight tight in on making your roster moves and your you're setting your lineups in daily leagues, because I forgot to do it last night. Luckily up earlier doing stuff for the show. I literally got my rosters in probably five minutes before the double header started, and I had a Jacob de Grom share and that would have got locked. Because you know how ridiculous. It still pisses me off that all of these systems haven't figured a great way out. Maybe someone does it, but if a guy's on a double header and they don't pitch till the latter half of it or something, they're just gonna lock everybody. They lock everybody. So just make sure you're in it and make sure you're on all of it. This is just a reminder for every single day for everybody to get your stuff in and set your rosters, maybe the night before so you don't want to have a playoff hit for you. Xanda Bogart's left Tuesday's game with back spasms. Maybe that's why he can't They can't get an autographed ball for the costs thing because he left. Louis Robert got hit in the hand. Jesus, I can't even get through the Louis Robert got hit in the hand with the Logan Gilbert pitch. X rays are negative and it may be only a contusion. My god, who is more prone to crazy injury stuff? Is it Louis Robert or Gean Carlos Stanton? They are magnets, magnets two balls hitting the skin.
Speaker 2: I mean one hundred percent, like you, you know, I do the sheet every day, so I go to the injuries and I honestly did not know if that was new or not, Like I had to click into it.
Speaker 3: It's like, I was, like, it's just like an old date. It's like, is this new? Yeah?
Speaker 2: And it hit him on the same hand he's been having the issues with and it's just I don't know. But Stanton is so he's got a longer track history of weirdness. Like, but I mean, Robert's coming on hard.
Speaker 1: He's coming on hard and fast. And you know what, listen, I was, I'm a I love Luis Robert. I think the talent is there that we are borderlining into a place with him where he is so inconsistently on the field and he's so hurt with different things left and right. He cannot find a rhythm on the field to tap into that talent that you know what was it? Bisi Rizza had said dealing Robert in April was the best move they made all year. You know, I kind of have thought he was underrated in Dynasty, but I'm really starting to kind of push off a little bit, like I'm getting over it. Like it can be really frustrating and dynash, especially when it's not like I mean, de Gram is frustrating in that this happens, but when da Gram comes back instantly, the top guy, Robert cannot find that rhythm and he's down to seven in the order today I think it is, and he was the other day. So Robert is, well, we're not going to be I don't actually he was in the drafting stuff, but I don't think he's actually going to be in there after being hit in the hand. But we'll see. But it's just increasingly frustrating and hitting seven and not getting any rhythm. It's crazy. Also, Adam Euler placed on the fifteen day IL with a rib issue. Mike Mayer is still around and thinking about baseball when he can, and when he comes across something, he shares it and he immediately shared this yesterday and this was he tagged you me and I don't know why I tag Joe. Joe doesn't even understand baseball right now, couldn't tell you a thing. He said, perfect stat for leading off And this is from Jesse Dowdrie and the tweet was no rookie in National's history has more doubles as the second batter in a game on Tuesdays against left handed starters. And Joey Mnesas and he said, it's a perfect leading off stat. And you know what, it's a perfect leading on stat.
Speaker 2: Once again, standing ovation, Mike Mayor, thank you so much for your help.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm also I'm a big fan, you know. Okay, So here's something I would trade that costas ball. I want to meet the guys that curate these stats. I want to find the stat curators that find the like you know, and you know, mornings with the seventy eight degree weather or lower. This guy has the most homers in the month of August. Like, I want to meet those guys that that's all they do all that. I want to go in the dungeon that little dungeons. I expect them to be similar in look to either one of two things, the guy in office space, then there's me steepler that, or it'll be looking like Grandma's Boy with the hacker, you know, the video game designer, where they're in a room with four hundred televisions in front of them, listening to techno in there and they're just pulling stats. I assume it's one of those two people, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think yes, you've narrowed it down to the only two possible characters. So if one of them wants to be on the show, sometimes they should call in, well we'll just take a snapshot of him and be great.
Speaker 1: Or they could just be a totally normal person in a house, just like doing math.
Speaker 2: Maybe doctor Glenn and his on the site is that that's what he does.
Speaker 1: I don't know, you know what, maybe that bit i've seen doctor Glenn say, Doctor Glenn set up actually does have a little bit of vibes of those stats. Doctor Glenn just putting it out there. Here's a fun fact from Joe PEZNASKI Did I say that?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: Ponanski Shohyozani has a one fifty one OPS plus and a one fifty six Era A plus, and that OPS plus is basically Jeff Bagwell over his career, and the ERA plus is basically Pedro Martinez over his career. And he said, I'm just not even sure what world this even is. Well, that's a world where Aaron Judge is minus twelve hundred for the MVP.
Speaker 2: I'm and I don't I don't know if he was even commenting on at the MVP thing. It's just just think about that for one second. You have a Jeff Bagel and a Patron Martinez mixed. That is a little crazy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that Actually those are my favorite. I like the comparisons when we can start to be like, all right, Otani is this hitter in this pitcher? You put those players together, and then we can justify that any one single player is better than that. Just because he's gonna do it every year doesn't make it not the most valuable thing in baseball, even if we had to give it for ten straight years. I just want to point that out again. Just because it becomes the norm does not make it not exceptional. And I don't understand why people don't realize that. Uh this day in baseball. In nineteen ninety eight, Mark McGuire, who had become the third player in history to reach sixty home runs, hit his record tying sixty first against Cubs pitcher Mike Morgan. Mike Morgan. I grew up on Mark McGuire. We talked about this. Who what was the player you grew grew up on? Like mine was Mark McGuire, just pointing Ryan Samberg.
Speaker 3: Ryan Samberg okay, yeah, and Greg Medics.
Speaker 1: Were you in Like, were you in the Chicago area.
Speaker 2: No, I lived in Iowa, so we got the WGN, so we had all the Cubs games from birth to forever. It was Ryan Sanbergen, it was Greg Medics. And when they refused to sign Greg Medics, that is when I learned about general managers and how awful they are, and like.
Speaker 3: I remember that distinctly being a turning point in my life.
Speaker 1: So yeah, it's always interesting the person that you grew up on, Like you see it right then here go. I love that you guys are sharing this, Like doctor Glenn said, chip Or you had Doc for visa, you had Musual and Gibson for cards. You know, I grew up in the Bay Area, so as big as Bonds was, McGuire was bigger in the Bay Area. McGuire was a physical and also even just physically. But I've told it a couple of times, but my whole family were A's fans, so it was a big Mark McGuire times. Anytime I see a Mark McGuire's stat, I think about that, and then I think about the first year I moved to Arizona and we went to a spring training game at the Giants stadium. It was A's versus Giants spring train and then Mark McGuire hit one out of the stadium in this spake training game.
Speaker 2: I just think about that, and I just want to add that, like, I graduated from high school in ninety eight, and so I was a freshman in college and I remember I was saying, I was literally in my dorm room watching this game happen, and you know, I'm a Cubs fan, so you know, there's a cardinal and I actually cried a little because of just like how amazing it was, like just you know, he broke this record, like he just did this whole thing, and it was it was crazy. So yeah, and also that he did it against the Yeah, he tied it. I'm sorry, but he did it against the Cubs too, which made perfect sense to me.
Speaker 1: So there is nothing. There's nothing wrong ever with romanticizing baseball. We all can romanticize baseball. I even mention it to you and people start sharing. That's the best stuff. That's the that's the thing that makes baseball great. Hey, here's a trivia question. I mentioned it earlier. Christian Yelich that four hundred ninety nine foot homer was the second longest hit at a course at Coursefield since twenty fifteen. Which one of his former teammates hit the longest? And how long was it? Can you guess? Can the Chatney guess?
Speaker 3: I meaning, did he ever play with Prince Fielder? Or was that too long ago?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 3: I don't think that was too long.
Speaker 1: I don't think they crossed paths. That's a former teammate of Christian Yelich who has a higher one. It is not hun A renfro.
Speaker 3: Oh, it's a former teammate, Okay, than Stanton.
Speaker 1: It is Stanton, that's right. Can you guess how long that home run was? So it was longer than the four ninety nine Jim says Stanton five point fifteen, and it is Stanton. That is an incorrect number.
Speaker 3: I want to say five twenty five.
Speaker 1: I want to do prices right here. This would be great, ye, like being one dollar. He one dollar. Jean Carlos Stanton hit it on August sixth, twenty sixteen. We have another five to fifteen guests. Everyone's guessing five to fifteen. It actually was ooh. Just Bob is very very close. He says five oh four. It was five oh six with the Marlins when he was in the Marlins in twenty sixteen, Just reminding everybody at that time that outfield was Christian yellich On, Carlos Stanton and when Marcelo's when we did know Marcelo Zuna was garbage. Quite a team, quite a team that Mark.
Speaker 2: And Jose Fernandez was pitching, Like just yeah, they could have been they could have been good and things went real bad. Yep.
Speaker 1: There's always a what it could have on those team, and that's definitely one of those we look back on some stat heroes taking a look at what went down yesterday. Max Munsey trying to pick it back up off for a wretched start of the year. Two homers, three, RBIs three for four with a couple of runs, Randy Rose Arena three for four with a homer, three RBI, Boba Schett just came off of a bunch of homers. Did it again, four for five, a homer, two RBI, Randall Gritchik had two homers, Jonathan Daza had a home run. O'Neill Cruiz three for five, big old homer. I'm shocked that he has not broken the stat cast record yet. He's got to do it, and then we can have a stat of like, what's the one player that hit a five hundred foot home run that only hit one ninety six and we can be like, oh, Oneo Cruz, that's the guy. H Kyle Farmer, Homer and Mondo had a home er, Nico Horner two for three with a stolen base, and Herris Montero had a home run, got a nice little bet with Colorado. They're bringing up bunch of the young guys Montero and totally yeah. I had that conversation yesterday about Bobachett where it was Michael Harris or Bobachett in Dynasty. Are you going to let this back half? And I don't say that I'm trying to direct this in a way, but are you gonna let the second half help direct a positive take on him going into next year or are you gonna remember the four months where Bobachett was pretty regular?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I have him in the Dynasty League. I've had him since the Miners, so I'm gonna buy in on him again. I think one more year, see if you can actually kind of work out all the way across.
Speaker 3: I feel like I.
Speaker 2: Feel like guys often have that one year that's off early on, and then that next year is either they corrected or they're out. So yeah, I mean, I'm still in on him. I like Michael Harris too, but I love Michaelares.
Speaker 1: On the pitching side, Shane Bieber went eight, struck out seven. Woodruff struck out five and seven, giving up only one run and a couple of hits. Logan Gilbert six innings, nine k's one hurt wrist to Luis Robert and gave up only five hits. Eron Nola struck out ten and six and two thirds, and hazus Lozardo seven innings with nine strikeouts. Some Zeros, Desmani, grandal isak Parades, c J. Cron, Chase McCormick, and Tasker Hernandez all three strikeout games yesterday. And on the pitching side, Cole Ierve and gave up nine earned runs. God, he had been so good and then that's gonna hurt. It's gonna kill me in one of my leagues. Nine earned runs, four walks, four ks. Kyle Wright thought was gonna be good yesterday, Nope, gave up eight earned runs and four. Rich Hill gave up five and runs and four. Joe Musgrove couldn't make it to the fifth, gave up three homers in the game, and Mitchell White didn't get to the third giving up three earned runs. So no point, no friends. I mentioned this to you yesterday, but I'm gonna mention to the rest of this week you haven't already. You have a chance to take part in the September giveaway where you can win an Austin Riley twenty twenty one signed World Series Ball. Yes, and all you have to do is subscribe, rate and review the Leading Off podcast. Go do it on iTunes today, give a rate and review and you've got a chance. What an awesome item that is. And you don't have to try to negotiate with anybody for it. You don't have to feel guilty or hold it hostage. You're just going to get it. A World Series signed ball. By Austin Riley. Subscribe, rate and review, and I would love to see the winter come from. Well, this chat's probably already rate and reviewed, but if you haven't now I'm guilting you to do it because you should. And let's get some winners in there, Wonky, we have got the home runs going down. I'm going to show the leaderboard real quick because as of today, Dee Blum is still in the lead. De Blum l scale is now forty eight with cat Fox. I believe Cat Fox jump back up Yep and high Cubby, so we have a three way tie for second place and cat Fox got Haunter renfro as a home run call with three way race behind de Blum forty nine forty eight. Go Cards is at forty seven, and then it kind of falls back a little bit. Mayor and Joey are still on this list here. Those are Those are what the homers are looking like for everybody as we are getting down down to the wire. But you've got a wonky Wednesday adjustment and you know what, let's save it for when we do the home run call, so you can let everybody know what that's about. Because I like this one quite a bit, so we'll do that.
Speaker 2: Here.
Speaker 1: I'm just gonna throw a couple of props that you want. Want to see what you like. Here over on the prop cheat sheet for betting pros, the number one algorithm play is Michael Kopek and all you need is for strikeouts, it's minus one forty eight. Over on FanDuel it's three and a half. They're projecting him at almost six five point seven, so no choker whites. And number one you also have. The number one plus money strikeout prop is Alec Manoa, and I kind of like this one. It is Alec Minoa versus Baltimore five and a half projected at six' eight six point eight and that's a huge, big difference. Control one oh five plus one oh five on DK you can get that. And then the hitting side, the number one hit projection minus one on bet MGM is Danny Jansen. That's only one total bass and Martine Maltonado is the even play. It's not minus DK. You only need one total bass. And if you want to make that Danny Jansen play, you guys can go over to I guess I gotta get the crown. I didn't have it ready. I gotta get the crown. Go over and check out when you make all of those awesome bets. Over at bet MGM, the Kings of Sports Betting use a promo code leading off get a thousand dollars risk pre bet. You can make any of those props and you're gonna get the best odds on the Danny Jansen play, which is a number one total bass play over there right now. So, whether it's baseball or football betting, bet MGM, Kings and Queens, we put on our tiaras, we make our bets, and we swim in our money. Kelly, are those four props? What do you did?
Speaker 2: Michael Kopek has ruined my life all year. But that's too low. So I would take it, And I think I also like Manoa's he tends I feel like he does well in Baltimore. But so I like those two and yeah, and I guess I would take all of them. Really, I'm not a big fan of Maldonado, but for even for a base hit, I'd do it.
Speaker 1: The thing with Kopek, I agree it's too low. The problem is he has not hit this in the last two games. He actually only has two strikeouts over last two games. And he had five starts this month and he's only hit that two of five times, so that's why that number is low. But I uh, it's just too low. It's just too low.
Speaker 3: I think it's just too low.
Speaker 1: It is a little bit too low. So there you go. You guys want to make your betscho Over leading Off is the promo code on bet MGM, Risk Free Bet, Just Real Quick, DK, DK and FanDuel for DFS DK numbers weren't out there, but Strider on FANDLE ten to two playing Kershaw ten to one, Manoa's ten nine, Jordan Montgomery nine to five, Patrick Sanderval nine to seven. I wouldn't be able to not hit Strider, but he's going to be such a like overplayed guy. He's going to be chalked today. Everyone's going to be playing him. DraftKings when you have two pitchers, I might try to pair or maybe go Minoa, Maan. Manoa and Montgomery might be decent. He's probably gonna be cheaper on DK A little bit implied totals of five or more Houston Dodgers and Angels, but I'm also going to add Atlanta because of the age, So I'm gonna put Atlanta. I think actually Atlanta stacks would be a really smart play today. So the home run contest, we're going to make some home run calls and you have a little adjustment today for a wonky Wednesday bonus. And I like it.
Speaker 2: I love it, and a I realize how diabolical I can actually be. So I mean, like this, when this came to me, I did an evil cackle. So what I've wanted to do it forever. So we're doing a double digit day. So you pick a player who wears a double digit jersey with two of the same number, and you can receive twice the number of homers that he hits today. For example, Aaron Judge wears number ninety nine, and it's just really too awful, isn't it That he's in a double header, so you can't call him.
Speaker 1: Oh double header base numbers, and you can't get your double homers. So sad.
Speaker 3: It's just a terrible coincidence.
Speaker 1: I mean, so yeah, sorry, Joe. It so any player that wears a double digit number, so eleven, twenty two, thirty three, forty four to fifty five, you guys get the hint. Does anyone wear sixty six in baseball. I don't think so.
Speaker 3: I don't think so.
Speaker 1: I have a number thing, and people who know me know about this. I have a number thing that like odd numbers bother me. So like running backs wearing number five annoy me. Baseball players wearing like sixty seven or seventy four bother me. Like numbers like that really really bother me. Ninety But the even numbers are the ways to get away with it, you know, Kyle Blanks, maybe the most famous eighty eight. I can do ninety nine's, eighty eight, seventy sevens, I can do those, But any other number order does really get to me. But what you got, then, who's your double digit number? You're playing?
Speaker 2: So my home run call for today is Jose Ramirez, who wears number eleven.
Speaker 1: I like that call. I am gonna go with a little forty four action against Michael Kopek, and I'm gonna go with Julio Rodriguez leading off. Should probably be in my mind, probably the play of the day. It's a lead off batter with a double digit number. Ramirez, though, makes a lot of sense. We probably picked the top two digit players, is there. I can't even think of anybody else to be honest with you, there's a.
Speaker 3: Few out there.
Speaker 2: I also wanted to mention in your home run call if you want to just add the number. I mean, obviously I'm gonna have to look them up anyway, but if you want to just add their jersey number, that would save me a little time.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I lucked. I did. I did do that online. So o Lei Rodriguez, Jose Ramirez. Oh is that sad that Joe is there and Judge and he doesn't actually get to have a homer today?
Speaker 3: Yeah, none of them, so terrible. Feel bad for me.
Speaker 1: Yep, all right for those that is the episode, Thank you guys for hanging out.
Speaker 2: Kelly.
Speaker 1: Anything going down that people need to be checking out.
Speaker 2: If you love fantasy Nascar or fantasy hockey, I've got lots of all sorts of stuff going on over at fan Tracks. And we also did start the touchdown calls today. So if you want to play this game, play this.
Speaker 1: Game, play it. I do it the touchdown call. I like doctor Glenn says, I went seven, gave up woner and run six strikeouts. He's then checked into the game to hit and hit Jill Homers his MVP odds then fellas, so I got to know m VP for well. Thank you Glenn for my line. He always does it gives me the pitching line. Friends, Thank you guys for hanging out. I hope you had fun today. Hopefully we learned a little bit and we can win our playoff matchups. That's the key. Make sure you come back tomorrow. I believe it's Andrew Seifer hanging out with me. Kelly. He did fantastic. Love having you on and I love looking forward to having you on next week for Kelly, fantastic, We're right here. Goodbye, oh so long.