Speaker 1: From UFOs to psychic powers and government conspiracies. History is riddled with unexplained events. You can turn back now or learn this stuff they don't want you to know. A production of iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: Hello, welcome back to the show.
Speaker 3: My name is Matt, my name is Nol.
Speaker 4: They called me Ben. We're joined as always with our super producer called Mission Control Decades. Most importantly are you. You are here that makes this the stuff they don't want you to know. We're going to ask you, folks, please please before you jump into this one. As I said in episode one, this is deep water. Before you jump into part two of the Pentagon's anti vaccination program, please check out part one. Here are the facts previously on stuff they don't want you to know. Time kind of got away from us, don't you think.
Speaker 3: Well, I think we all ended this recording session alarmed at how much there was to say about this topic. And as you pointed out, then we don't do two parters off them, and when we do, we do it for a good reason.
Speaker 2: And here we go with part two, just quickly jumping to add this just more context. We were talking about how there were vaccine fears in the Philippines prior to any of this going down, and that is from the Reuters investigation. There's someone they interviewed named Lulu Bravo, who's the executive director of the Philippine Foundation for a Vaccination, who was talking about a dengay fever vaccine that was rolled out in twenty sixteen, and because of that rollout, there were public concerns about that specific vaccine and a lot of skepticism and a lot of social media posts very similar to this, that we're making people fearful of that specific vaccine, like maybe you shouldn't take it, and there were some issues with it.
Speaker 3: Well, let's talk about it even within our own country, like things like you know, experiments on you know, African American populations that we have literally done and the government has subsidized. I know a lot of black folks that are friends of mine who didn't take the vaccine because of those fears, because they think that like there's a definite possibility that whatever this thing is is not good for them and is in some way nefarious.
Speaker 4: Here's where it gets crazy. Operation Warp Speed did not accomplish all of the things that wanted to accomplish. In fact, it stymied some of its own goals. Know, you're talking about Tuskegee, I imagine we're also talking about various prison experiments, not all of which have been declassified at this time in twenty twenty four. Yeah, this happens. This kind of stuff happens.
Speaker 3: And that's what's in our own country. Like, of course, you know, people, this isn't about our vaccine, but just the fact that people would be suspicious of a sort of like you better take this now, better take your medicine, you know.
Speaker 2: Like well, I think I think anytime any government comes for it and says, hey, you have to do this thing.
Speaker 3: That hasn't really been tested that much, there.
Speaker 2: Probably should be some healthy skepticism no matter where you live, no matter what government is doing it.
Speaker 4: I mean with the Americans in particular, though, if you look at it objectively, all the stuff that the government is already okay with people shoving in their bodies, you know, the homa high fructose corn syrup right yellow as you know what I mean. Anyway, that's I don't know if that's a helpful point, but it is true. And we do also have to give a great deal of respect again to our journalists who broke the story in Reuters because they're very fair about what they can and cannot prove. Now they have a lot of read between the line implications. I think we're talking about this a little off air, but they they earned a lot of respect, I think when they noted explicitly that they could not quote determine how widely the anti vax material another Pentagon planted disinfo was viewed, or to what extent the post may have caused COVID deaths by dissuading people from getting vaccinated end quote. So they're very fair about that. But as we said, you know, forty three hundred and sixty one people died of COVID in the Philippines by November of twenty twenty one, So people were dying and some of those lives could have been saved by vaccinations.
Speaker 3: Can we also point out wasn't Rodrigo Duert It's a kind of a megaproblematic figure in the president of the Philippines. He like had some really wild policies about murdering, killing, executing drug dealers and like some really totalitarian kind of things that he had.
Speaker 4: The tatalitarian drunk stepdad energy for sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was twenty sixteen when he got elected same year as Donald Trump, and it was that anti drug campaign with those there were purported death squads that were then confirmed where people would just go and commit extra judicial killings of drug dealers or people suspected of taking drugs or I mean it was.
Speaker 4: Not bad, right, it was Judge Dread level kind of stuff. There was not a rule of law instituted if it became almost witch hunt like, because an accusation did not have to be supported by facts.
Speaker 3: Well, this quote that you got in here, Ben really supports exactly what we're talking about, like this kind of rhetoric that he's putting out. In June of twenty twenty one, he said in a televised address, you choose vaccine or I will have you jailed. There is a crisis. And it's funny because this goes counter to his other policy or ideals on drug use or whatever. But in this case, there is a crisis in this country. I'm just exasperated by Filipinos not heating the government.
Speaker 4: Yeah, imagine that in the United States. Imagine if President Trump or Biden or yeah, I think your favorite or least favorite president. What if Franklin Pierce stood up one day and said, everybody, go get this shot or you're going to be arrested.
Speaker 3: Well, because the logistics of enacting something like that starts to really get into like Nazi level, crystal knock type rounding up of certain types, you know what I mean. Like that's when you really start to have to paint with a megabroadbrush where it's like and then it's so easy to be lumped in with oh, you know an and a person that didn't take it, you're just as bad, And that's when things go haywire.
Speaker 2: Well, and it's a weird situation. The entire world is going through this thing that everybody kind of is on the same page that this is a global pandemic to the level of like disaster never civilization might and at some point if we don't get this under control.
Speaker 3: That was the line I mean, it was It was really I felt that way to a degree, you know, so it felt very dystopian.
Speaker 2: Well, so you can imagine where someone who's used to being able to just say, you know, I don't like drug dealers, let's kill them all, is exasperated by the populace not listening to him. Anymore.
Speaker 4: Also torn between the the Filipino president is for most of recent history, is going to be torn between bigger powers, right, and it absolutely absolutely sucks for the people living in the Philippines. For you know, we have a lot of listeners who are in the Philippines or in the Filipino diaspora, you know. And this is something that I think a lot of people miss, you know, is the fact that you, as a president of this power, you are continually threading the.
Speaker 3: Needlephants make war only the grass.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yes, And speaking of suffering, I'm kidding. That's not the way to set up an a.
Speaker 3: That's fine, It's as good as any other man. This is all pretty bummer material.
Speaker 4: We should note this operation, this program, still as of yet not officially named, was halted in mid twenty twenty one under the Biden administration. It was spring of twenty twenty one when the n SC, the National Security Council, said hey, guys, stop any anti vaccine messaging, and presumably you know, this faction of the Pentagon came back and said, yeah, but you know, like Greater Good and we don't like China. He told us, you know, we don't like China's we're we're doing the non China stuff like you guys said you guys said that, And then they say, okay, no, no, no, no no, you got to be pro vaccine. You got to be pro all vaccines. And they're like, yeah, but what about you.
Speaker 2: Know you see me that is that freaks me out a little bit. You got to be pro vaccine. You have to be pro all vaccines. Trust me, oh man, Spring of twenty twenty five. We got a big thing coming and we need to be pro vaccines.
Speaker 3: It's just supposed to show how little actual truth matters in these kind of situations. It's not about truth. It's about like toe the line. It's about you know, like there is nothing here that is contingent upon what is actually real. It is all about like what is our goal like in terms of like what are what are we trying to accomplish? And that usually involved lying or tricking people. It's not about the greater good at all ever, mostly Jesus, I'm.
Speaker 4: Sorry, we have to The greater good depends upon the perspective, right, And before we go to an ad break, we'll leave you with one of my favorite truisms from the Pentagon we don't lie. The truth changes. We'll pause for word from our sponsors.
Speaker 2: And we've returned. Let's get into it.
Speaker 4: We don't lie. The truth changes. Let's see what the experts think. As we said at the top, we want to be very careful not to denigrate, you know, the millions of people who work the literal millions of people who work at the Pentagon who didn't have anything to do with this, right. I don't think a memo went out on a Friday where they said, hey, everybody, keep it under your hat.
Speaker 3: Well, but when you have that level of granular kind of like mission creep and stuff, it's a lot easier to say I was just following orders. Because your orders aren't to execute a person. Your orders aren't to put someone in a camp. Your orders are much more minutely kind of detailed than that. So even you, as a person in acting that order, you don't even see it because you don't see the big picture. You're siloed so much. You just see the one little thing you're doing, which might appear innocuous.
Speaker 4: Yeah, a lot of the banality of evil, right, I think it was Hannah Arright. The The interesting thing here too, in this exploration is that the majority of people who do go on record to be identified as individuals from their statements. They are former employees, right, They're former officials, or they're academics, they're running a nonprofit or a think tank. One of these was Greg Trevorton, former US National Intelligence Council chairman. These are the folks who are kind of, without sounding dismissive, with great affection. They're sort of the admin of Washington's spy agencies.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're I mean, come on, they're like above the sith lords.
Speaker 4: Somehow they put together the pizza parties, which is a position of tremendous.
Speaker 2: Power for the sith lords.
Speaker 4: Yes, for the right.
Speaker 3: What do you think sith lords like on their pizza?
Speaker 4: Probably just child's tears.
Speaker 3: Well, I would argue, it's like, you know the often in films, bad guys drink milk. Drink milk, thank you, Yes exactly. I think they just like straight up extra cheese.
Speaker 4: Excuse me, could I have some milk on this pizza?
Speaker 3: I'd like you to give me a side of milk so I can dunk my slice in them and it's gonna be.
Speaker 4: A whole milk, no more sloppy pizzas.
Speaker 2: I was about to say, I'll take that milk extra warm, please, gues directly from.
Speaker 3: The mother of justice.
Speaker 4: Oh boy, yeah, yeah, she can't see because her eyes are closed. But or livefold jokes. Whatever, we'll keep it. So Trevorton said something I think everybody would agree with. He said, Look, it should have been in our interest to get as much vaccine in people's arms as possible. He well, not everybody's interest maybe, but he said the Pentagon crossed the line by endangering innocent lives for geopolitical gain. I think we can agree with that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Greg didn't get the memo that the mRNA test was going wide, you know, he just didn't know.
Speaker 4: Should you buy the pizza party?
Speaker 3: Do you think they were only willing to roll the dice on this campaign geopolitically speaking because they didn't think they didn't take it seriously enough. Yet they didn't really foresee how many fatalities might result from this.
Speaker 4: I would argue, I don't want to be careful about this. I would argue that the reasoning was, this is a new vector that we can use in our ongoing argument or conflict with China. So this was not necessarily as far as the idea of taking it seriously, yes, retrospect is always a benefit. But to them, in their mind, this is the US is growing desperate right to counter this expansionist influence in Southeast Asia, and so any kind of foothold or toe hold you can achieve, right, any kind of beachhead in this situation is worth pursuing.
Speaker 3: Did you say beachhead?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Is that like a like a D Day kind of situation like storming the beaches? I don't know, beachhead.
Speaker 2: Two conflicting hedgemonic powers. They're like, yeah, they're fighting on that beach.
Speaker 4: Or you know, draw us a picture, what do you think of? Beachhead looks like a conspiracy at iHeartRadio dot com. And then we've got policy experts like Timothy Caulfield. He put it much more bluntly when he was speaking to Scientific American about the news. He said, quote, the United States government made a conscious decision to spread misinformation that killed people.
Speaker 2: There you go there, So he's not as.
Speaker 4: He's not being as diplomatic nor as uh specific as we are.
Speaker 2: Being, yes, exactly. And we also have a reaction from the Chinese government as well.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah. The Chinese Foreign Ministry has has a lot of on this one email, they said they oppose actions to politicize the origins question and to stigmatize China. So the origins question is, you know, the idea of the provenance of COVID nineteen. Was it a wet market, was it a lab in wu had was it a secret government up? If so, which government? Those kind of questions are pretty sensitive in China just a general. I wouldn't bring them up if you travel.
Speaker 2: There, No, don't do that. No, Well, if you take your mind back when we think about all of the various hypotheses that were out there, official like hypotheses about how COVID nineteen began, Like look at all the episodes we've done covering the topic, how it has officially changed so many times, And there was a lot of success on both the United States part and on China's part blaming the other side, and lots of official reports that came out like oh no, there's no way it was this. Oh wait, the lableak is actually probably right. Oh wait, no, that's nothing to do, and that's it's it's blasphemous to say the lableak is real. Oh wait, no, it's right again.
Speaker 4: Just in the meantime, nations are panic people weirdly washing their groceries. Oh well remember that. Yeah, never forget, never forget. You're right, You're absolutely right. And China did argue with success that they convince people GOVID originated in the United States. We are definitely going to see more reactions from the Chinese government as this story develops. It is not gonna It is not a fun month for the State Department or for the people working there. I hope you still have an okay fourth of July, but it's probably intense, I don't. I think a lot of people are going to be working through the holiday. And there's one thing that we didn't get to yet. I think we're all very excited about this. Who the heck is General Dynamics it?
Speaker 2: Oh, this is the this is the Tampa, Florida folks. Get it.
Speaker 4: That's the abbreviation. And I picture, you know, someone in Tampa just like busting out of some secret compound and just yelling, get it. And it's another Florida man's story that gets ignored.
Speaker 2: Yeah, in this case, it's followed by it's followed by get it. This is who we are a global technology and professional services company that delivers consulting, technology, and mission services to every major agency across the US government, defense and intelligence community.
Speaker 4: And here we are in our dumb little podcast. They get a ton of work, you know what I mean, talk about a good career decision. You have to look far at all to find them. And for everybody listening along, what Matt just read to us is a verbatim quote from the get it website.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's all they do, man. They do all kinds of work for every major agency across the US government, defense and intelligence community.
Speaker 4: I wonder if there's an agency that's like too small for them, you know, like the Bureau of Land Reclamation on some good Hoover propaganda and they say.
Speaker 2: No ah, nah man that you know, there's so much work from that agency, from that administration whatever.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And just for two quick examples, in twenty twenty one, General Dynamics it got a one hundred and ninety million dollar contract with the Patent and Trademark Office. And then in March of twenty twenty four, as we record this evening, they received a nine hundred and twenty two million dollar contract to modernize it infrastructure of US Central Command spcom so and by the way, to be clear, those are both things that need to happen. That's not skullduggery, right, that's not insidious.
Speaker 2: Think about how many patents the US government has to make sure that they control before they ever hit market. Think you're talking about the Patent Office one hundred ninety million dollar contract. They're just looking through everything going oh, nope, that's ours, and that's ours.
Speaker 4: That's ours. They're they're paying a guy to read all that stuff.
Speaker 2: One ninety million dollars.
Speaker 4: I love it. Yeah, I hope's it right to us? Man. I want to hear We want to hear your thoughts. It's weird though. It's one of those uber powerful private entities that most of the public never thinks about. And make no mistake, they have directly impacted you in one way or another, most likely without your knowledge. They've hit your pocketbook because they are These contracts do come from taxpayer money. So a lethal anti vax campaign is just one of the many projects that got got because they you know, it's get it. I'm just spinning this out. You can also apply for their job a job on their website.
Speaker 3: Just really, what are the pre RECs. What kind of qualifications are we talking about?
Speaker 4: So let's go to If you go to GDIT dot com, you can hit their nifty little scroll down and you'll click on careers and they want.
Speaker 3: You to Opportunity owned.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they want you to look at their featured career areas. This is such a big operation.
Speaker 3: It does say I'm interested in and suggestions are cyber or engineer.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they have thirty thousand employees. The experts and consultants who quote extract the power of technology to create immediate value and deliver or solutions at the edge of innovations means fainting. I'm like asphyxiating from the ted talk energy there, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: She extracts the power of technology.
Speaker 4: What is disruption? Hmmm?
Speaker 2: Ben's Ben is holding to.
Speaker 4: It's two things. So you know it's not evil, but that's that's that's get it. They're they're huge and just like you know, a microcosm of the D O D. Not everybody at this company knew about the anti VACS thing, right, and if if they did, doubtlessly there would have been a lot of dissent. They would not have wanted that to happen.
Speaker 2: Oh hey, this is a huge point. I just want to I just remember this, guys. We talked about on the show a whole lot. The c i A is prevented legally, officially from targeting American citizens with propaganda. The United States government cannot target us with spaganda, except they kind of can, now cause that.
Speaker 4: Just be mean, Right, there's a loophole that happened there.
Speaker 2: There's a loophole we've mentioned before, but officially they can't do that. That's why this whole thing was targeted to people who lived in other countries, right, pretty far away from the United States.
Speaker 3: But there's a trickle down effect that they're hoping for, right, isn't that the idea? Because of the interconnectedness of the Internet and all of that, you could argue that by targeting elsewhere, it will eventually filter down to the online of us here.
Speaker 4: Borders are strange.
Speaker 2: Yes, And to the point that we're building here, I'm gonna steeple as well.
Speaker 3: Guys.
Speaker 2: Uh, it doesn't have to be the CIA with using these disinformation campaigns. It could be another, let's say, federal agency that is also intelligence by nature.
Speaker 3: But is that behold into that particular mandate, right, yeah.
Speaker 4: I mean there's also you know, you don't talk about enough. Maybe we should do a thing about American propaganda abroad because the domestic US power structure has an adorable way of pretending that they're not doing the same things as other countries constantly Radio Free Asia, Voice of America. Yeah, nonprofit, Okay, anyway, I.
Speaker 2: Walked down the street from that one. No, but it makes me skeptical of the things I am fur and again right as are saying fur and against. It makes me skeptical of the things that I even hold dear, and hopefully it makes you listening think about that skeptically too, because we could be being targeted not just by our government, but by any government out they're doing the same kind of thing.
Speaker 3: I try to just let my opinions be guided by morality and not government rhetoric because I just feel like it's inherently not to be trusted no matter where it's coming from. I just don't think they have our best interests at art, and they're not actually giving us the full story. Ever, it's not get based on truth, it's not based on reality.
Speaker 4: You don't get the talking points during the eclipse.
Speaker 3: Guys question though, with with Duerte, like with his level of dissatisfaction with his whole thing. Did that have any geopolitical ramifications?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, they continue. We don't know how far it'll go. And to that point, I'm glad you bring that up before we close. Bat there was a timy we're talking about off air that really stood out. Yeah, but those implications, those consequences. Yeah, we're still in fog of war at this point. We don't know what's going to happen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Oh yeah, I just.
Speaker 4: He's no longer president, yes, and neither.
Speaker 2: Is Donald Trump at least for another couple of months.
Speaker 4: You know who is president of the Philippines. It's irritating to me.
Speaker 3: It's Marcos, like of the Amelda Marcos Marcos's Yes.
Speaker 4: Yes, just so. He the current president is Ferdinand Marcos Junior, street name Bongbong, and he is the second and only son of the dictator Ferdinand Marcos.
Speaker 3: Democracy baby whoo well, hey, democracy rit lords, democracy manifests.
Speaker 4: So under Deterte, we talked a little bit about the hard crackdown the death squads for suspected drug dealers, but walk us through what stands out about the timing.
Speaker 2: Well, the thing The only thing that really stood out to me is that the US and the Philippines have this special relationship because of the strategic placement of military bases naval stuff going on in the Philippines that the US has. But in twenty sixteen, Donald Trump and du Terte are both elected. There's that crackdown that we just mentioned on drugs. The United States officially is not okay with that, and they decide to cancel a major weapons deal with the Philippines, which is a huge deal in itself that the US refused to sell twenty six thousand assault rifles to the Philippines because of this, and since since we basically said no and we're trying to slap their hand use the old stick method, to Terte decided he was going to get cozy with specifically Russia and China, who were the you know, geopolitical rivals of the US. Basically saying, oh, yeah, you're going to use a stick, We'll watch what I'm going to do. And he traveled in twenty seventeen to Moscow to visit basically with the leadership there, with Putin and everyone, to come up with probably arms deals like that was one of the major things, but probably other special relationships stuff, right, because he's at least it would appear from the US's perspective that the Philippines is moving away from the US at least in some way, right.
Speaker 3: Didn't that a certain point though, Trump kind of like rhetorically at least support the idea of executing drug dealers.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yes, yeah, just saying yeah. In that in that administration, there was a penchant for always supporting what we're seeing as authoritarians DRAMs.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, yes, yes, But the US's official position was no, no, Philippines, don't just kill all your drug dealers. But the weird thing, guys, I mean, well, I guess, first of all, that's one point, right, We're not going.
Speaker 4: To sell you weapons to kill letics and people. What is this the Middle East?
Speaker 2: Wait a minute minute, I'm telling you there's all the while go back to that propaganda episode. As you said, Ben, that's the one. But the relationship between the US and Philippines was already like pretty strained at this time as we're moving into when this disinfo campaign was active. There was just a weird thing that I wanted to mention to you guys. In twenty seventeen, as du Terte is in Moscow, his country, one of the major cities there in the Philippines is attacked allegedly by isle or isis to the Islamic State while he's there in Russia making this arms deal that just feels a little bit strange to.
Speaker 3: Me, like convenient. When I say convenient, I mean like it was.
Speaker 2: Yes, Yes, it feels a little weird to me. I don't know if you guys think that maybe I'm really being super conspiratorial here. It just does feel like from our past conversations it there's a tendency for a group that would be considered like a rebel group, right freedom fighters that are built inside a country where there's a proxy conflict occurring for that group debility, yeah, plausible deniability, and that group can then be weaponized in other.
Speaker 3: Ways in the other plague type situations.
Speaker 2: I'm not saying that's what happened here, just saying it feels weird to me.
Speaker 3: I couldn't agree with you more.
Speaker 4: Matt anyway. So with this in mind, you also playing along with us at home, folks, you probably also see the kind of things you're talking about, Matt. The interesting timing, right, the tit for tat the cause and effect and the feedback loops. We know for sure a couple things we want to end on first. This program still not officially named. I'm sure it'll come out. It was far from the first of its sort. Twenty nineteen Trump administration authorized the CIA to do a campaign on Chinese social media to try to turn people against China, which honestly, in twenty nineteen was not that hard. I'm just saying it was a low BARTI set.
Speaker 3: Well, we also know that there were Russian social media campaigns that we're designed to sway the election in favor of Trump, or maybe we know that, maybe we don't, but it certainly seems like that was likely. All I'm saying is this idea of they are the ones that do that. We don't do that. Of course we do that. Of course we do that, and sometimes we do it to our own fing people. Hold the phone. Let's take a quick pause to hear a word from our sponsor, and then get right back into this topic.
Speaker 4: And we've returned.
Speaker 2: Guys, I've got one last non sequitur here that I just discovered.
Speaker 3: I bet it's a sequitur.
Speaker 2: No, this is non sequar, Okay, fair enough. At the time when the US is waging this disinfo campaign, the major vaccines that were being offered by the US were these brand new mRNA vaccines. Look, this is this is conspiratorial boys. The version out of China, the cinovac vaccine was not an m RNA vaccine. They offered their they made their first one and offered it to the public in twenty twenty three. An mRNA vaccine by China. If you want to go deep into the rabbit hole, maybe the US was trying to get mRNA in everybody.
Speaker 3: Because because that was a relatively new technique, it was.
Speaker 2: A brand new it was untested, it was to test new Yeah, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: It's like the thing about being a fighter pilot is you want to be on the second jet.
Speaker 3: Well, and it just goes to show the reason people think things like nine to eleven are a conspiracy because it was an opportunity to grab something, to make people believe, something, to make people comfortable in allowing the government to do something to them.
Speaker 2: When we needed a new Pearl harbor, what about a new American century?
Speaker 4: So this program we're talking about just go back to this, Like again, we've proven it is far from the first program of its sort. The scary thing is we provably know also this will not be the last operation of its sort. Why do we know this because in February twenty twenty four, get It got another four hundred and three yeah good, got another four hundred and ninety three million dollar contract specifically to continue providing clandestine influence services for the military. We won't know what the fallout is for years to come, but we know some immediate effects, some immediate cost of getting caught with your hand in the cognitive cookie jar. Trust in US institutions is already very eroded, especially you know with these bizarre Mommy dearest type moves from Scotis all states.
Speaker 3: Do you think more so than in past in the past, you really do.
Speaker 4: Yes, it is not just domestically eroded, but abroad it's eroded. And that's where it starts to get even it's different kind of dangerous.
Speaker 3: That's when we start losing our privileged position as the one that can solve the problem. And once we've lost that, have we not lost our standing as the great superpower? Isn't that sort of what we're leaning on in all of this.
Speaker 4: We's kind of the martial art philosophy, right, the best way to win a fight is not have to is to not have to physically fight. You know, if you are to the point where you're swinging punches or resorting to military might, then in a philosophical way, you have already lost.
Speaker 3: And it also goes to show why military spending is such a priority, because that is literally all we have left in terms of like, you know, we need to be this superpower that cannot be ft with.
Speaker 4: Well the economy. I think it's a different kind of military armament, it's different kind of war. But the US swings swings big.
Speaker 2: But hey, we've got the We've got that navy, right except for China's giant new aircraft drone carrier thing that they just built, which is, yeah, who cares.
Speaker 3: I mean, Ben says thumbs down, proud of proud of them. They did it.
Speaker 4: You guys did a good It's tough, is good to build a carrier, and drones are one of the future paths of warfare, right, so you know, I think it's a very It might not be the main priority for the Chinese forces building this, but it will result in the loss of your Chinese service people's lives, which is overall a good thing. You know, I don't think that's necessarily number one in their list when they were saying, how can we fight US aircraft carriers? But I like to think it was, you know, in the top five.
Speaker 3: Well, that's what I'm saying. It's never benevolence. None of these things are ever first and foremost benevolence. That comes as a talking point that you can then push out and say, look what we did, we're looking out for human lives. See, But that that was just a byproduct of the thing that was already a better idea.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah yeah. It's a win win for everyone technically, but it depends on how you define everyone. Here's what we Here's what we need to drive home a point that one of us made a little bit earlier, there is, as we record an active war, you are taking part of it in some way. It's not taking place in the physical sphere. Instead, this is a new kind of unprecedented conflict, one in which every social media user is potentially a target, a soldier, and the ground upon which this war is waged all at once. Careful what you click the problem, Make sure careful what you click, and make sure to ask yourself why someone wants you to see it? Why is it popping up to you specifically? Yeah, let's scroll through.
Speaker 3: Our You know, I kid myself in saying that I've trained my algorithm to only show me cool art and music and synse stuff. But then these other things creep in, and they do with increasing levels of precision where I almost don't notice that they're uh gaming me, you know what I mean? Yeah, And that's that's how that's a well trained algorithm when you no longer notice that it's this outside influence exactly.
Speaker 4: The calls come in from inside the house.
Speaker 3: And it's your idea, it was I.
Speaker 4: It's not an ad, this is my opinion. Pat on the back to me, you know what I mean? I will order Uh, I don't know what's the dumbest thing? You guys got pizza? Yeah? I got a watermelon because it is it's the time, you know.
Speaker 3: Do you see what I'm saying?
Speaker 2: Though, Like, isn't the idea?
Speaker 3: Like sort of like we think we're smart, we think we're savvy Internet users, but if we feed enough information, even if it's only through like synth nerd stuff and music and movies. They will eventually get us to the point where they can sneak something in that could potentially weaponize us in their particular.
Speaker 4: Cause that's I mean, yeah, that's that's the end goal, right is Again, good propaganda doesn't create a thing. Good propaganda finds the things already there that is already inside or familiar or experiential to you, and then magnifies that thing and kind of molds its growth, the same way that you, like might grow a tree and do a certain shape by gentle pressure over time.
Speaker 3: I just saw the revival production of a Cabaret in New York and it's fantastic. If anyone has a chance to see it, I highly recommend it. Eddie Redmain plays the MC. I'd never seen the show before, but it's basically this microcosm of the early days of the Nazi you know, coming Nazis coming into power, and it's you spend the first act with these people in this very queer, very open nightclub in Berlin, and by the second act, these people that you've come to know and love start to twist their thinking in a way that sort of makes it okay that the Nazis are coming into power and The thing that's so interesting about this the way it's written, is you are also sort of in that boat, and it's so easy for that to happen, much easier than you might think. So be vigilant, is all I'm saying.
Speaker 2: I'm really surprised that this story came out at all, Like really surprised. It makes the US look super bad.
Speaker 4: Careful what you click. Make sure to ask yourself why someone wants you to see it. That applies to this as well for those of us playing along at home. You know what I mean, because I had the same question mat and checking in with some folks. You know, it seems that again, it seems like there was a green light somewhere. But what's the calculus, right, what's the end game? Why would you green light an active person to talk about this anonymously. It's sort of the quote unquote anonymously.
Speaker 3: It's the same question I have when something is quote unquote declassified. I feel like it's a little like, let's just throw a snack to these people that are already suspicious, to like placate them in some way, you know what I mean, little conspiracy as a treat Yep.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it'll be someone being like someone trying to say, hey, by the way, we did this and you didn't know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like you know, Like how I may have come off sounding dismissive of the four Russian ships that were approaching Cuba and when they did that not much later, one of the most dangerous craft on the planet, a US nuclear sub surface right off Norway. Their locations are highly secure. You're not supposed to know where they're at. So that was popping a flex. So why is this a flex? If so, to what end I do? I do have one conspiracy for US.
Speaker 2: And on since wait, you knew where the sub was?
Speaker 4: No, no one knows where the subs are.
Speaker 3: Okay, But but but to your point, something leaks like this, what is the reason? And I have fully not thought about that. But I'm on board with this thinking at this.
Speaker 4: Point it'll be an interesting time to pay attention to more things that don't make the headline or fade into the background. One more conspiracy. Just as we said as a treat the last thing we talked about her very briefly here. It is so important to note that some of these fake accounts are more than five years old, because they.
Speaker 3: Know in the next chess moves. They're already thinking.
Speaker 4: About it this way. I think it's important teaches us a frightening fact. These were either back pocketed. These were definitely back pocket accounts. It means one of two things. They were either used in previous still unrevealed or still classified operations, or they were lying in wait for the right time, opportunistic right So either option shows us some ugly stuff the US government doesn't want you to know. And make no mistake, we say this as Americans. Every other government is doing the same thing.
Speaker 3: They're running the numbers, they're running the simulations. They're like looking at all of possible what's the word outcomes, they're all possible contingencies, and then they have versions of those things ready to be deployed at any given time.
Speaker 2: Good guy, guys, we're going through another presidential election, Like what do we think is happening right now on across all across social media accounts here in the US.
Speaker 3: And yet what we're seeing right now is an example of at least a party being caught with their pants down in a very interesting way that shows that maybe the party isn't as thinking as far ahead as we think they are, or or yeah.
Speaker 4: So again, the existence of these things, the age of these bots, doesn't jibe with the narrative as it's being presented. Right again, I want to go back to those two frightening facts. You're either there showing premeditation or their vestiges from a previous operation. There is ugly stuff the US government doesn't want you to know, and we want your help to find it. If you want to speak to us off the record, on the record, give yourself a cool nickname. We would love to hear from you. We would love to hear your thoughts. What is the ultimate calculus? What is the shell game here? Shell game there? B We try to be easy to find online.
Speaker 3: You can find us at the handle Conspiracy Stuff, where we exist on Facebook or we have our Facebook group. Here's where it gets crazy on ex fka, Twitter and on YouTube with video content rolling at you. On the regular on Instagram and TikTok, we are Conspiracy Stuff Show.
Speaker 2: We have a phone number. Call us and tell us what you thought about that presidential debate that we were just hinting at right there. Our number is one eight three three std WYTK. When you call in, you've got three minutes say whatever you'd like, give yourself a cool nickname and let us know if we can use your name and message on the air. If you've got more to say than can fit in that three minutes, why not instead to send us a good old fashioned email.
Speaker 4: We are the entities that read every single email you receive. Send a message to the dark, and be well aware sometimes the dark speaks back before we give you the email. Would like to give a very special message to our new friend in New York, Theo at Kina Kunia, a great Japanese bookstore, and shout out to our friend Mangesh who sent this to us. It is a book review and one of our favorite book reviews so far. I think THEO says, do you dislike the government? Maybe you're a bit cynical and skeptical of everything. This book will help you discern conspiracy fiction from fact in a witty and engaging way. There comes perfect for flipping through with friends while you guys want to feel like you're smart or something.
Speaker 3: Great illustrations as well. Buy the book.
Speaker 4: It's still THEO didn't write that party, He just said smarter something. But we are big fans of Nick. Admiral Turbo Benson. Check out his art, check out his website, and then send us an email. Conspiracydiheartradio dot com Stuff they don't want you to know is a production of iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows.