Speaker 1: This episode is brought to you by P and C Bank. A lot of people think podcasts about work are boring, and sure they definitely can be, but understanding a professionals routine shows us how they achieve their success little by little, day after day. It's like banking with P and C Bank. It might seem boring to safe plan and make calculated decisions with your bank, but keeping your money boring is what helps you live or more happily fulfilled life. P and C Bank Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five. Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five is a service mark of the PNC Financial Service Group, Inc. P and C Bank National Association Member FDIC erness What's Up? You ever walk into a small business and everything just works like the checkout is fast, the receipts are digital, tipping is a breeze, and you're out the door before the line even builds. Odds are they're using Square? We love supporting business that run on Square because it just feels seamless. Whether it's a local coffee shop, a vendor at a pop up market, or even one of our merch partners. Square makes it easy for them to take payments, manage inventory, and run their business with confidence, all from one simple system. If you're a business owner or even just thinking about launching something soon, Square is hands down one of the best tools out there to help you start, run and grow. It's not just about payments, it's about giving you time back so you can focus on what matters most ready. To see how Square can transform your business, visit Square dot com backslash, go backslash eyl to learn more. That's Square dot com backslash, go backslash eyl. Don't wait, don't hesitate. Let's Square handle the back end so you can keep pushing your vision forward.
Speaker 2: You work for NASA.
Speaker 3: You work for NASA at an organization that's devoted for space. Some people debate if we ever actually got to the moon. The conspiracy theorist out there, But even if we did get to the moon, what really had Like why was the purpose of going to the moon You really think about it, Right, we went to the moon sixty years ago.
Speaker 2: I get it.
Speaker 3: It was a race against the Russians, and we put the American flag on the moon, very typical of America.
Speaker 2: But when you really think about it, what's the point.
Speaker 4: But I'm like those same people love their satellite TV in their GPS.
Speaker 2: Right, So that's the point.
Speaker 4: I mean, Space for the benefit of Earth is really the theme, and it's the theme of you know, Blue Origin, And what happens is there's all this amazing research that's.
Speaker 5: Done in space.
Speaker 4: Your memory from Mattress Mattress space, there's all the stuff that comes out of that, but people don't know that it came from space, and so they don't associate space.
Speaker 3: That's why I'm giving you the platform, the educated people, including myself, on the benefits of spending trillions of dollars over the last fifty years of going to space, Like this is your open platform to educate the world on the benefits of American tax dollars being spent to go to space.
Speaker 4: So one of the things that I really enjoyed about working on space missions was it helped me understand how much research is done in order to help humans fight diseases and infections that wouldn't be possible without space. And so one thing that happens is if something is launched into space, it tends to mutate and it's called virulent and so you see researchers working with pharmaceutical companies to introduce new antibiotics and new treatments that if you can kill it in space, you can kill it on earth. And so that directly relates to our ability to just go outside right, to be able to interact.
Speaker 5: And I'm not talking about vaccines.
Speaker 4: I'm talking about basic things that allow us to be able to better protect people. In addition to that technology, right when we look at the artificial heart valve, there are so many things that are small that benefit people day to day. And then beyond that, you know, climate and the world, like the world is becoming ever smaller place, and a lot of what we know about climate change came from studies from space and the impact on that that is far reaching. And so you know, when people ask me about space, I'm just like, it's not.
Speaker 5: So much about the moon. And all the dollars that are spent. The dollars that are spent are actually spent in the hopes of spending less dollars.
Speaker 4: Right, if you build something the first time, it's typically more expensive, but if you.
Speaker 5: Repeat it, it becomes cheaper. That's why you get these large price tags.
Speaker 4: But the ability to be able to say people in fifty years aren't going to die from cancer.
Speaker 5: That's really what we're after.
Speaker 1: When we look at space, there's a lot, there's a lot going on up there, especially when when you think about technology. You talked about satellites. We we you know, we've been following starlink and all that, but also the debris us up there is an issue.
Speaker 4: That's a job, that's a startup. So this gave somebody a billion dollar idea, right.
Speaker 1: There they have Well you want to elaborate on that because that that's something that that's a real issue.
Speaker 5: That's definitely an issue.
Speaker 4: But this is why I love it because it sounds super sci fi, right, like why don't you create a space trash company? Go right ahead, But there's a lot of debris in space. And I mean, once again, space is a large place, but there's no shortage of jobs, startups, read.
Speaker 5: Opportunity for people to pursue in space.
Speaker 1: I was just going to add, is there is there like a race to Mars? Is that is that what we're headed with this? Like I'm looking at well, like humans, we haven't been tomorrow? Rovers well humans I'm talking about is that a right?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 2: Because I'm looking at humans.
Speaker 3: Have humans been tomorrows that you can say.
Speaker 1: So from a standpoint of like we're watching the wealthiest people in the world mhm explores space expiration, whether it's Elon or Jeff Bezos, Like we say, is that the race is that what is headed?
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I wouldn't necessarily say that that was where it was headed. I mean I think, like when I look over I don't know, the last thirty years, what's amazing is this idea that you now have a private industry that can contribute to something that used to only be the domain of governments.
Speaker 5: And I feel like that's the takeaway.
Speaker 4: And when we throw out Besos and Branson and Elon, why can't we have the black version or the Hispanic version? Right, Like, why not somebody else who is not like them? Because a lot of their money came from entrepreneurship and startups and they decided to go and pursue space because that.
Speaker 5: Was the passion.
Speaker 4: So for me, it's sort of like we have this model, there are these guys, and I want it to be like Basos, Branson, bo.
Speaker 2: Sis's right in line, what do you say to the flat earthers you.
Speaker 5: Like satellite TV?
Speaker 4: Right? I think that's it.
Speaker 5: That's my that's my whole response.
Speaker 4: I'm like, don't come for me on Twitter, don't come for me in the DMS. Like, there are a lot of things that people rely on every day that requires there to be a rotation of that thing. If you think that your satellite just goes left to right and left to right again, I can't help you.
Speaker 2: That's a good answer. So are people in Australia that when you say, I'm like, are people in Australia standing upside down?
Speaker 4: Always standing right side up?
Speaker 2: We'll always gravity.
Speaker 1: Of rotation, the axis of the Earth.
Speaker 3: Yes, so the Southern hemisphere if we're standing right side out the world, the northern hemisphere, but they're.
Speaker 5: Right set up for where they are.
Speaker 1: The gravity allows.
Speaker 2: Us a legitimate question.
Speaker 3: Look, I read a lot of these conspiracy through the situations, so so you know.
Speaker 4: What's funny about conspiracy is like sometimes conspiracy is a name for like a whistleblower, right, and like you're really getting the drop, But then sometimes.
Speaker 5: It's just weird news.
Speaker 2: What about aliens?
Speaker 5: That's an interesting question.
Speaker 2: Are you allowed to answer that?
Speaker 4: Well, I'll just look at it from a probabilistic standpoint, right, because who's to say that we're not the aliens.
Speaker 2: Well, we are aliens. If there's all the life for them, the aliens to them.
Speaker 4: So this is why I need people to get involved in the stem fields, like you too could be responding questions like this at work on.
Speaker 5: The class, on your job.
Speaker 2: So do you think that the aliens?
Speaker 4: So?
Speaker 5: I think that.
Speaker 4: When I first logged into chat GPT, my very first query was returned to me all of the most reputable sightings of UFOs in history.
Speaker 6: Do it.
Speaker 5: It's a great search. There's a lot of really good stuff.
Speaker 4: And the reason for that is I'm committed that I don't know what I don't know. And from a math perspective, if you've ever seen the sun the sunset in Africa, which I know you guys have, and you see how many stars out there, it's hard to believe that there isn't something else.
Speaker 5: Now, what is that else?
Speaker 4: Is that else a dog on another planet?
Speaker 5: Is it a plant? I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't organisms, right.
Speaker 4: I mean, but I think that we should inspire people to figure it out.
Speaker 5: Like I belong in the camp of let's figure it out.
Speaker 2: So there's a high probability that the other life forms outside of Earth.
Speaker 4: There's a Drake equation, and the Drake equation says that that probability he is one. Therefore, it is most likely possible.
Speaker 2: Did Drake equations the Drake like the rapper Drake.
Speaker 5: He can take credit for that. But it's not that Drake. No, it's literally yeah, No, it's just his.
Speaker 2: Name, scientist, yes, Drake Yes.
Speaker 6: An illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from Al Salvador accused of murdering a Texas man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J. Trump's leadership. I'm Christy Noman, the United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, Attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you are here illegally, your next you will be fine nearly one thousd thousand dollars a day, imprisoned and deported, you will never return. But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now you could be allowed to return legally. Do what's right. Leave now. Under President Trump, America's laws, border and families will be protected.
Speaker 1: Sponsored by the United States Department of Homeland Security,