Speaker 1: Welcome.
Speaker 2: It is a verdict with center, Ted Cruz, Ben Ferguson with you, and I hope you had a fabulous fourth of July. And it was a interesting fourth of July at the White House. Now the White House saying that the President did see a doctor days after the debate, and they're also saying we ain't dropping out at least as of now.
Speaker 3: Well, let me first of all say, for the fourth of July, Happy birthday America. What an incredible country we live in. What an extraordinary nation. I think, the most consequential nation in the history of the world. I think we were built with God's blessing, with divine providence. I think America has been a force for good, for freedom, for liberation, for peace, the greatest force for liberation, peace and justice on the face of the earth. And so July fourth is a great time to celebrate our nation, to hug your children, to eat hot dogs and hamburgers and backyard barberue, thank you, and play with your kids and lovely. So that's number one. I hope your fourth was fantastic. But number two, politics continues to roll on, and in particular we're in day eight now of debate mcgeddon the aftermath of the most consequential presidential debate in American history eight days ago, the night of the debate, Ben and I did a special podcast that evening. That evening, we discussed how the disastrous performance from Joe Biden demonstrated to the world this man is not fit to be commander in chief. For many people, that raised the question whether he was fit to tie his own shoes or to drive an automobile. My prediction then, and that's what I said the night of the debate, I think the odds have risen to eighty percent that the Democrats will pull Joe Biden off the ticket, They will abandon him as their candidate, and they will place him with Michelle Obama. This is something that I had predicted nine months ago. Nine months ago, I said it was a possibility, it was a real possibility. I now think the odds are greater than eighty percent. And I also made another prediction on Thursday night. I said I thought it was likely to happen within the next twenty one days. We are on day eight today. That means we have thirteen more days within the window of when they are likely to do it. And I think We're seeing every day growing momentum as more and more Democrats are jumping ship and saying we got to do something different.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and the excuses are getting truly incredible. We're going to play one of them in just a moment that deals with jet lag as the new excuse about why he had a bad debate night. Before I tell you about that, I want to remind you about what's going on in Israel. The people in Israel right now still very much desperately need your help. They are absolutely under attack, this time with a massive rocket attack came in from Hesbla. Since October the seventh, attacks on Israel have increased with a Ran and its proxies launching attack after attack, hundreds and hundreds of drones and missiles. Israel and the Israeli people are living with the harsh reality of terror every day, and the need right now is bomb shelters. The International Fellowship of Christians and Jews is on the ground right now addressing all the urgent needs. And that's why I want you to partner with IFCJ today. While praying for the best, IFCJ is also preparing for the worst by packing emergency bomb shelter kits that can be delivered immediately to those in desperate need, and your life saving donation today will help assemble and place these kits with enough food and life saving emergency supplies for twenty people huddled in a bomb shelter. The cost to put together and distribute these kits is just two hundred and ninety dollars, and your gift will help save lives. And thanks to a matching challenge from a generous IFC supporter, your gift will be doubled in impact to help provide twice the support. Now, all you have to do is call them triple eight for eight eight IFCJ. That's eight eight eight for eight eight IFCJ eight A eight for eight eight IFCJ. You can also go online to support IFCJ dot org to give that's one word, support IFCJ dot org to stand with the people in Israel. I mentioned a moment ago that this White House is floundering on a level I didn't even know was imaginable in their response to this debate. And every time you think they can't get any worse, they then do something that is even more incompetent in the response.
Speaker 1: I want to play for you Center. This.
Speaker 2: This is the White House Press secretary floating the idea that the reason why Joe Biden had a bad night the other night is that he was suffering from jet lag almost two two weeks, fourteen days after traveling. Here is the White House Press secretary trying to sell this to the American people.
Speaker 4: Okay, thank you. There's no question that international travel can be rigorous. I think the confusion is that he's still suffering from the effects of that nearly two weeks later. So he articulated a little bit about like, do you guys usually have accommodations for him after he does a trip, that he's going to have jetlag for that long a period of time.
Speaker 5: So can you can you when you say two weeks later, what do you mean the debate?
Speaker 4: He arrives back in the United States twelve or thirteen days before the debate, So his explanation for a for debate performance is jetlag.
Speaker 5: So what I want to say is it's the jet lag and also the cold, Right. It is the two things, and that occurred, and you all heard it in his voice when he did the debate, right, And it is not even something that we shared ahead of time. You heard it in his voice and we confirmed it, and I think that's important to note as well, like it is the jet lag and the cold. But I want to be really I want to be really clear here. This is not an excuse, right, This is not an excuse. You all asked for an explanation, and we get we're giving it an explanation. It is not an excuse. I don't want that to be the leading piece of this ask for the only reason we're sharing this because it was asked of me here and the President certainly wanted to give an explanation himself, and that's what he did yesterday. We want to We understand that it wasn't his best night. It wasn't a great debate. We understand that, and we understand what supporters saw, what the American people saw, and what you all saw, and so we wanted to give an explanation. So I don't want to get into this or are you giving this excuse? Not an excuse, We're giving you what our explanation was. We want to continue to make sure that we do everything that we can to deliver for the American people. That's what we're going to continue to want it.
Speaker 1: I mean Senator, you hear this, we're just you ask.
Speaker 2: So we're just telling you fourteen days after international travel, the president was suffering from jetwag.
Speaker 1: So there's the story.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 3: I got to say every time I hear kareein John Pierre, I think she is the opposite of William Jefferson Clinton. William Jefferson Clinton, you'll recall, was referred to as an unusually good liar that he could lie and it was believable, and he'd bite his lip and he'd you know, pointed, pushes thumb together, and you just you believed he felt your pain. He could lie better than anyone. I think Kareem John Pierre is an unusually bad liar. Like when she does it, it's laughably false. One of the things if you're going to be in a job as a media hack and trying to spend people, typically you learn not to tell just brazen lies that are absurd. When Kareean John Pierre stood in the White House Press briefing room and said, you know, people are not just coming across the border. It's not happening. They're not walking across the border, it doesn't happen. That was such a wild lie literally every reporter could pull up on their phone videos of it happening while she was talking. That's a bad lie here. This jetlag thing is a really bad lie. Like anyone who's actually flown internationally. Look, jetlag is a sith thing. It's a reasonable thing. You feel it a day maybe two when you fly from one place to the other. You know, he was in Europe. He was there for Normandy. I was there for Normandy. I got to say the idea that I'd be complaining now you know I've still got jetlag because several weeks ago I was in Europe. That's just obviously stupid. And they don't want the explanation to be the explanation that every person with eyeballs and common sense saw, which is this is an old man who's suffering from dementia. That's the answer. And so well, you know he wasn't a plane a few weeks earlier. Let's call it jetlag. Yeah, yeah, maybe people out there are dumb enough to believe that.
Speaker 2: Well, and they went on TV like a full court press to try to sell this at the White House. This was another one of their interviews outside of Jean Pierre, where they're like all right, guys, everybody got on TV and sell that the president is jet lagged.
Speaker 7: Apparently, the President apologized to everyone in the room saying, this is not an excuse, but it is an explanation, and he blamed the extensive foreign travel that he did in the lead up to the CNN debate for his poor performance. Just a reminder for everyone. He did go to France for the D Day anniversary, and then he turned right back around and went to Italy for the G seven summit. And he told the room, I didn't listen to my staff, so the suggestion there being his staff did not think this was a good idea. And then he apparently said I almost fell asleep on stage.
Speaker 1: I just want to unpack this.
Speaker 7: New explanation for a second as the explanation for why his debate performance was so bad. I find it a little bit puzzling, and frankly, I'm not sure that a lot of people are going to find this reassuring. If anything, some folks might hear this and be even more concerned. Yes, there were two foreign trips in the lead up to the June twenty seventh CNN debate, but he returned from Italy on June fifteenth. The debate again was on June twenty seven, so we're talking about roughly twelve days in between when he was back in the States. And remember a part of those twelve days, about a full week, he actually spent with his advisors at Camp David for the sole purpose of really focusing on debate preps. So why is the president falling asleep on the debate stage at the hours of nine pm to ten thirty?
Speaker 2: I can't believe by the way that CNN saying that they have all turned on him, like they have just completely turned on him. With Mjlee, they're saying, I find it a little bit puzzling that this guy's at Camp David for a whole week and you've done debate preps. So let's pull back the curtain on that. When you've done your most vigorous debate prep, Senator, and I've been blessed to be in several different debate preps for different major races, it doesn't last twelve hours a day, are the ones I've done. Certainly not for seven days straight. It's usually two or three hours of intense debate prep and then you take a legit break.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Look, and I've never done a week of debate prep. Typically what I do debate prep, it is one to two days. Is what's involved.
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 3: The irony of the of their jet lag explanation is the fact that we know he spent a week at Camp David where the only thing on the plate was getting ready for debate prep. And I am certain he slept a lot of hours that week, and listen, he should one of the things I do for debate prep. You know, you know there are studies that have been done. This is something when I was arguing cases at the Supreme Court, I looked at there were medical studies that are done that show the more sleep you get, the faster your brain thinks, the faster your neurons fire. Before a Supreme Court argument, I used to the night before try to get nine to ten hours sleep, which is a lot more sleep. I typically get six to seven hours sleep a night. Before a Supreme Court argument, I would try to get nine to ten hours sleep a night, and I'd do that both the night before the argument, and I'd do that two nights before the argument.
Speaker 8: The reason two nights before the argument.
Speaker 3: Years ago in college, I used to teach at Princeton Review the test prep class that helped students. I taught the SAT and I taught the l SAT, and when I was teaching at Princeton Review, we would teach teach students to do the same thing. Get a ton of sleep the night before your exam, and get a ton of sleep two nights before your exam, because there's scientific studies that show the sleep you get two nights before an event affects your brain speed. And what I found in Supreme Court arguments is that if I had two nights of supercharging sleep, nine to ten hours of sleep, two nights in a row, that when I'd stand up there for the argument at the podium, my brain was a half second faster, a half second quicker to respond to a question, to think about a line of argument, to anticipate where the other side was going, to anticipate where a justice was going. When I prepare for political debates, I do the same thing. I try to have two nights of nine to ten hours sleep the two nights before, and it makes a real difference. Your brain is fast and quick. Biden had an entire week where he could sleep. He could have slept twelve hours a day every day for a week, and so the idea that they're saying, well, yeah, but two weeks earlier, he was on a plane, so it's jetlag.
Speaker 8: Nobody who's ever flown an airplane believes that.
Speaker 2: There's also this big interview that's about to take place, and it's become actually even bigger since when you and I mentioned it. There is George Stepanopolis, and I think we should remind people who he is. He is a hardcore lefty that acts like he's now some sort of journalist, even though he was best known for defending Bill Clinton and giving Bill Clinton some of the best spin lines in history.
Speaker 1: It's the friendliest person I look.
Speaker 3: He was basically Kareem John Pierre for Bill Clinton. Yeah, he was a press staffer, staffer. He was in the White House. He was on the Clinton White House staff. I think his title is communications director. So he wasn't actually the press secretary, but he was the press flack. He was the person, he was the Jensaki. He was the one who was in charge of communications for Bill Clinton for years. He was very close to Bill Clinton. And then he jumped over, as many dem communication hacks do, they leave that role and they jump over and they become like Jensaki, they get their own show. Well, George Stephanopoulos went from being the official spokesperson for the Democratic president to being at abs ABC acting as effectively the official spokesperson for the Democrat president.
Speaker 2: And he's the guy that's going to get this interview. We now have word that they've decided to change this interview to a quote prime time special on Friday night to save in essence. I think his presidency and Democrats aren't even buying that. MSNBC and one of the hardcore lefties out there, Debbie Dingle, she said this on MSNBC on July fourth.
Speaker 9: They've been after Joe Biden all week. So he's got one thing to do, which is to get up and go out to prove to people that he can do the job.
Speaker 5: We'll do the job, and.
Speaker 9: Has the stamina. Took too long to make some of the phone calls he showed up. I think he's in a bubble wrap. I'm men Seamen's dad, and I think he's starting to do what he has to do. One interview tomorrow, he's not going to fix this.
Speaker 2: One interview tomorrow is quote not going to fix this. This is one of the most extreme lefties on MSNBC saying that.
Speaker 3: Well and listen, one of the most revealing things that ABC interview is taped. It's not live. If they were real journalists, you know what ABC should do. You know what George Stephanopolis should insist on doing. The debate was live. Let's have this interview be live. The American people need to see how you answer real time, which means we ABC, We're not going to edit out when you stare blankly out at the wall and don't know what I say. We're not going to edit out when you stumble. The fact that it is taped means that George Stephanopolis can go in and say, okay, oh, this exchange looked really bad for Joe Biden.
Speaker 8: Let's cut that out. Hmm.
Speaker 3: Okay, he's staring off at the ceiling and doesn't know what's going on. Let's definitely not air that. And let's find snippets where he seems cogin and let's piece them together. Now, if George Stephanopolis was wearing his hat as Democrat operative putting together a TV campaign for Biden, that would be a reasonable thing to do. But he's at least pretending to be a journalist, and ABC is pretending to be an actual news organization, and so anyone who actually cares about journalism or news should insist the thing be live. Let the American people see how he acts in real time.
Speaker 2: Let's take a step back from this, and I want to ask you another question. You and I actually haven't even talked about this yet, so I'm intrigued to know what you think, and that is, are we going to look back weeks, months, years from now and are we gonna look at this moment in history and say, was this the biggest political cover up in history? That we had an incapacitated president, that the American people were sheltered from, that the White House was covering for and lying for, that the media was covering for and lying for. I go back to November, Okay, not that long ago. White House pres Secretory Jean Pierre said this to the American people.
Speaker 5: I would put the president's domina, president's wisdom ability to get this done on behalf of the American people against anyone, anyone on any day.
Speaker 1: Of the week.
Speaker 2: I mean that was that was November, Senator, And I think this is one of the biggest polists.
Speaker 1: That she's really witness.
Speaker 2: Yes, she is a really bad liar, But I mean this is this is one of the biggest political cover ups I've ever witnessed.
Speaker 8: Yes and no.
Speaker 3: Of course it's a cover up. Of course everyone is complicit in. And of course the Democrats all know and they're lying. Of course the media all know and they're lying. But at the same time, it's not a cover up. Anyone whose head is not plunged into the sand. You knew before the debate last week that Joe Biden was mentally incapacitated. You knew that it was obvious. Anyone who's ever had an elderly relative, a loved one, dealing with dementia, dealing with Alzheimer's, You've seen that distant look, that shuffle, that look of confusion. We see that every week. It's obvious. Look, we've never seen a president do what Joe Biden does, which is not talked to anyone in the Senate. In three and a half years, I've had no conversations with Joe Biden. He has had no conversations with virtually any Republican senator. We sit around at lunch and talk about how weird that is because a major part of the job being in the Senate is dealing with the President, working with the president. You know, just over a month ago, I passed the FA Reauthorization Bill. That is a huge bill, one hundred and ten billion dollars investment in infrastructure, in safety for aviation, Enhancing safety for the flying public, Hiring new air traffic controllers to keep people safe when they fly, Investing billions in airports, putting collision detection technology on runways to keep people safe, also expanding competition. Just Texas alone, hundreds of thousands of jobs depend upon aviation. We have major airlines based in Texas. Millions of jobs depend indirectly on aviation. It was a huge bipartisan victory. I was the lead author along with Maria Cantwell. We passed it, We passed it on the floor of the Senate eighty eight to ford. Includes within it, finally, finally, finally, a direct flight from San Antonio to Reagan Washington National Airport, something San Antonio that entire community has been fighting for for twenty years. That was a victory I wrote into law, and we want it now. You know what would normally happen when you pass major bipartisan legislation.
Speaker 1: I'm assuming you'd say the President might get in contact with.
Speaker 3: You, you'd have a signing ceremony. In a typical, normal functioning administration when there's big bipartisan legislation, the next step is the White House contacts you and says we're gonna have a signing ceremony. The signing ceremony, you go. Both the Democrats and Republicans who are the authors of the bill go and the President signs the bill into law in the Oval office, and there are people there'd be in this instance, you would have people from the airlines there. You'd have people from airports there, You'd have the pilots unions there, you'd have the flight attendance unions there, You'd have everyone impacted by the bill there in the Oval office. I've been to a lot of signing ceremonies. It's pretty typical. You know what the Biden White House said.
Speaker 1: Well, I wouldn't even be surprised. They didn't even know you guys were doing it.
Speaker 3: Oh no, no, they knew. They knew, and Biden signed the bill when it came over. He signed it into law. But there was no ceremony. And the reason there's no ceremony They cannot have him interact with other people because it is blazingly obvious this man is incapacitated. That has been the way the administration is operated from day one. They don't do signing ceremonies like other administrations. They hide him, and so, yes, it's a cover up, but at another level, no, it's not really a cover up because everybody knows the thing that is studing Ben.
Speaker 8: On the Democrat side of the aisle, nobody cares.
Speaker 3: I have yet to speak to a single Democrat senator or a single Democrat House member who's expressed genuine concern that the commander in chief does not know what type of day it is, that the commander in chief can't find his way out of a locked box. I haven't heard any concern from a single Democrat that America is much less safe because our commander in chief is mister Magoo.
Speaker 8: He is a confused.
Speaker 3: Individual with serious disabilities who is not able to handle a difficult situation. Look when you see the g eight leaders gathered together and Joe Biden starts wandering off and the Italian Prime Minister has to go and grab his hand and lead him back. That's not good. It's not good for the American president to be treated as the elderly uncle everyone needs to take care of and cut his food for and make sure they're no big pieces so that he can, you know, we can steer the airplane into the mouth. That is horrible for America and frustratingly, ben no Democrat cares. The only reason anyone's discussing this now is suddenly on the debate. The American people saw it, and the Democrats are afraid they might lose. If they didn't think they were going to lose, every Democrat would say stick with them forever.
Speaker 8: We're great. Doesn't matter if the president is competent or not.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and there seems to be a real divide now is now Democrats are coming out elected officials publicly saying it's time for him to step down and not or at least not run for reelection. Other Democrats that are close to him trying to save him. I'm going to play one of those in a moment. But let me tell you about Patriot Mobile. If you have a cell phone, and probably nine nine percent of you do, you may not know that when you pay your monthly bill every month, the big mobile that you were giving big donations by default to democratic causes, candidates, and organizations, including organizations like Planned Parenthood. That is why Patriot Mobile was started about ten well over ten years ago, more than a decade ago. Patriot Mobile is America's only Christian conservative wireless provider. And when I say only, I mean it now. Patriot Mobile is incredible because they actually take about five percent of your bill every month, that no extra cost to you, and they give it back to conservative causes and organizations. Yes, that support your First and your Second Amendment rights, support the free speech, support this sanctity of life. And that is why I love Patriot Mobile. Now I switch to Patriot Mobile. And look, there's a lot of people that say, I don't know about switching. I need my great coverage I have. Now, look in twenty twenty four, you're using the same exact cell towers.
Speaker 1: When you switch to Patriot Mobile, you're.
Speaker 2: Gonna get the same coverage that you're used to, and when you pay your bill every month, you know you're sending up for the values that you believe in. Switching has also never been easier. You don't even have to go to a store. You just have to call them and they do everything over the phone.
Speaker 1: It is easy.
Speaker 2: They have one hundred percent US based customer service team because they believe in actually employing great Americans, and they make switching that much easier. So keep your same cell number you have now, keep your phone you've got, or upgrade. The team will help you find the best plan for your needs and you make a difference in what you believe in every time you make a call. Just go to Patriotmobile dot com slash verdict that's Patriotmobile dot com slash verdict or nine seven to two Patriot that's nine seven to two Patriot get free activation when you use the offer code verdict.
Speaker 1: Join me.
Speaker 2: Make the switch today and make a difference with every phone call you make. Patriotmobile dot com slash verdict or nine seven to two Patriot. One Democrat that went on TV, I guess he's like the sacrificial lamb is representative Democratic Representative Dan Goldman. He said this about the President trying to reassure Americans he's really fine, there's no cognitive decline, and.
Speaker 10: The people who are with him every day have indicated as well that it.
Speaker 1: Was an aberration, that it is an anomaly.
Speaker 6: And if that is the case, then we will see that, and we will see that over the next week, and he will restore our faith and confidence in his fitness, and then everything else between the two of them.
Speaker 8: Cuts in favor of Joe Biden.
Speaker 10: So people are right to have some concerns after that performance. And I don't think there's any excuse that Joe Biden offered. I think he was trying to explain how he had such a poor performance. But he's accepted it, he's owned it, he's acknowledged it as we all have. And what we need to see from him is that vibrant and whip smart president that we have had for the last three and a half years.
Speaker 2: And the people, I mean, you listen to him, and then you go to the facts. Biden's post debate checkup actually contradicts what the White House said. They have now confirmed that and President Biden confirmed and again I'm quoting reports coming out of the White House to the Democratic governors. Remember they had this nine to one to one, you know, all hands on deck meeting with Democratic governors to try to reassure them that he had a medical checkup following the president of debate. Despite earlier statements from the White House pres secretary on multiple occasions that he had not received any medical exam since February. We played some of that in the last show. The White House later clarified that Biden was seen by a doctor for a brief quote brief checkup due to the lingering symptoms from a cold, which did not include any major tests. So even when they lie to you, they still can't. They're now lying to either the governors or the American people, or they're just lying about all of it.
Speaker 3: Your thoughts, Yeah, Look, the cold is nonsense, the jet lag is nonsense. Everyone knows that the issue is that he's too old and he's suffering from dementia. That that is blazingly true. They're trying to distract from this. Look, I'll give you a sense of how bad it is. Even the Praetorian Guard, even the most zealous defenders of Joe Biden, the Democrats, and by that I mean the New York Times, even there turning on her. On Wednesday of this week, The New York Times wrote a story, the headline of which is Biden tells allies he knows he has only days to salvage candidacy. Here's what The New York Times wrote, by the way, this is not an editorial, This is a news story. President Joe Biden has told key allies that he knows the coming days are crucial and understands that he may not be able to salvage his candidacy if he cannot convince voters that he is up to the job after a disastrous debate performance last week. According to two allies who have spoken with him, Biden has emphasized that he is still deeply committed to fight for his reelection, but understands that his viability as a candidate is on the line. The President sought to project confidence Wednesday in a call with campaign staff, even as White House officials were trying to calm nerves inside the ranks of the Biden administration. Quote, no one's pushing me out, Biden said in the call, I'm not leaving. Vice President Kamala Harris was also on the line. Quote we will not back down and we will follow our president's lead. She said, we will fight and we will win. Rah rah rah. Still, Biden allies said the President had privately acknowledged that his next few appearances heading into the July fourth holiday weekend must go well, particularly in an interview scheduled for Friday with George Stephanopoulos of ABC News and campaign stops in Pennsylvania and Wisconsin. Quote, he knows that if he has two more events like that, we're in a different place by the end of the weekend, said one of the allies, referring to Biden's halting and unfocused performance on the debate. That person who talked to the President in the past twenty four hours spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss a sensitive situation. The accounts of his conversations with allies are the first indication to become public that the president is seriously considering whether he can recover after a devastating performance on the debate stage in Atlanta last Thursday. A new poll from The New York Times in Siena College, the former President Donald Trump now leads Biden forty nine to forty three percent among likely voters nationally, a three point swing towards the Republican from just a week earlier before the debate. This is they're terrified, and note they're terrified about one thing. They think Biden's going to lose. If they thought a mentally incompetent person was going to win, they'd be fine, but they're terrified that there at least some people who say, gosh, maybe the commander in chief should should be aware of what's going on around it.
Speaker 1: So let me ask you this.
Speaker 2: In the poll numbers that you just mentioned also connect to some other polls that have come out, and that is they're pulling every name against Donald Trump. There is only one name right now that in the polling shows that it could that they could quote beat Donald Trump. That is the name that you gave nine months ago that we've been talking about ever since. In Michelle Obama. There have been pretty queer messages coming from her camp. She's not interested. And then the next person that everyone now seems to be thinking is probably the one that would replace them is Kamala Harris. And that's just from the money aspect of things. She's the one that can use the money they've raised. She's the one that's already set up to just keep walking forward. The same team would be there, the same campaign manager, all the staff is around there, so she would be the quote easiest choice. You look at this, it doesn't say she could win, but is she the front runner or is it Michelle Obama or who is it in your opinion.
Speaker 3: Look, I still think it's Michelle Obama. Michelle Obama is the only candidate the Democrats could push Kamala aside for. They know Kamala is a terrible candidate. They're really scared. They don't want her at the top of the ticket. But they're bean counters. The way their party is. Whatever your race, whatever your gender, whoever you are, that is the dominant feature about you. It matters more than anything else. The people who talk about putting Gavin Newsom in and pushing Kamala aside, the Democrat Party would would would spontaneously explode if they pushed a black woman aside for a rich white man.
Speaker 8: They're not going to do that.
Speaker 3: There is the number of people who can push Kamala aside in the Democrat Party. It is a set of one and the only one is Michelle Obama. She too is an African American woman. She could push Kamala aside. Look the polling we've seen where there's a poll that came out this week that showed Michelle Obama with a double digit lead over Donald Trump. She would be a very very dangerous candidate. If it's not Michelle Obama. If Michelle says no, she might I hope she says no. You know, I want to speak directly to Michelle. Well, hey, you're really rich. You're enjoying the life of a movie star. Private jets are fun, the Hamptons are fun. You're palide around with people who are famous, with rock stars. You don't need to go to work. You don't need to bother yourself with pushing a Marxist agenda to destroy America. Leave it to others to destroy America. You and your family have done enough to damage the world. Enjoy the life of a gazillionaire. I don't know that my pitch is persuasive, but I hope it is because it would be very good if she decides not to run. If she does decide not to run, then I think the person that replaces Biden probably is Kamala because I don't think anyone else can. I think Kamala is a really weak candidate. She is a very unpopular vice president. There's a reason when she ran for president in twenty twenty she got zero delegates. She couldn't even make it to Iowa and get any support. But if she becomes the nominee, they probably plugs someone in there as a VP to try to balance it. It wouldn't surprise me to see I could see Gavin Newsom as a VP to either Kamala Harris or to Michelle Obama. I think Gavin Newsom is very much on the VP train, you know. I could see a Gretchen Witmer, the governor of Michigan, as a VP to either one of them as well. Both of those I think are real possibilities. But at the end of the day, I think the only two nominees who have a credible chance replacing Biden or Michelle Obama and Kamala Harris. And if I were a Democrat, I'd be all in on Michelle because the polling shows she wins and Kamala loses.
Speaker 1: Final two questions for you.
Speaker 2: One, when do you think the media has to stop this onslaught of attacks on the president because they're going full court press is in another week and then they got to dial it back in case he does continue to be the nominee, they can't push him out. And number two, how important is this prime time taped interview Friday night for Joe Biden's future?
Speaker 3: Well, I mean, let me start with number two. The interview on Friday is very important. If he goes and just craps the bed, that could be fatal. I think ABC and Stephanopoulos are going to do everything they can to prevent that from happening. I think they're going to edit the heck out of the interview. They should run it live, and anyone who cares like ABC should be embarrassed about itself that it's not running it live because their editing will be designed to create a false impression, to protect Joe Biden, to turn it into a campaign video. If they're a real journalistic outlet. You know when I do interviews, I do them live, and if I say something dumb, you know what, the camera catches it and all the world can hear. And it's not ABC's job to be doing the pr and damage control for the Democrats, but that's what they're doing. I think the interview matters a lot. I also think it's interesting you're seeing Democrats publicly breaking ships. So Lloyd Doggett, very liberal Democrat from Austin, Texas, became the first Democrat member of Congress to say the president should step aside. Two others, Jared Golden and Maine and Marie Glosen camp Perez of Washington, both Democrats, both said they believe Biden will lose in November. That's significant that you're seeing elected Democrats coming out saying that. Another one, Seth Moulton, another Democrat from Massachusetts, raised real questions about whether Biden can win. He said, quote, I deeply respect President Biden and all the great things he's done for America, but I have grave concerns about his ability to defeat Donald Trump. Winning will require prosecuting the case in the media, in town halls and at campaign stops all over the country. President Biden needs to demonstrate that he can do that. The unfortunate reality is that the status quo will likely deliver us President Trump. We're seeing that happening more and more and more.
Speaker 10: Now.
Speaker 3: Your first question was how long will the media continue to attack? Listen on the debate night, I predicted if this is going to happen, it's going to shake out in twenty one days. So we're a week into it. I think we have two more weeks ahead of us. We will go into the Republican Convention in two weeks. I think we'll know what happens by then a final point in one that has not been discussed a great deal. I think all of this drama impacts President Trump very significantly, and in particular, it impacts his vice presidential choice. Trump is in the middle of presumably picking who he wants to be VP. Lots of names have been floated, there are lots of short lists, lots of things discussing. Well, normally, when you're picking a VP, can you know who your opponent is? You know what you're fighting against. In this instance, it's a very difficult situation for Trump because the kind of VP he might pick if he's running against Joe Biden and Kamala Harris could be a very different VP than if he's running against Michelle Obama. I think right now the Trump team is feeling incredibly confident. I think they think they're gonna win, They're gonna beat Joe Biden. I think they're feeling on top of the world. I can tell you if the news broke tomorrow that Biden was not the nominee anymore and it was going to be Michelle Obama, the Trump team, if it were not at a major emergency mode level of this is serious, then they'd be misreading the situation because Michelle Obama's the Democrat nominee is incredibly dangerous and that could easily impact the vice presidential nominee. So, for example, if it's Michelle Obama, may Trump picks Tim Scott deciding that he wants to go fight and fight more aggressively for African American votes. That's one possible consideration that maybe that's a little bit less of a consideration if Joe Biden is at the top of the ticket. So there are complicated, complicated chess moves that are playing out right now because of the uncertainty of who's going to be the nominee.
Speaker 2: We're gonna keep covering it all. Don't forget. We do this show Monday, Wednesdays and Fridays. We have our weekend review on Saturday for what you may have missed during the week.
Speaker 1: We're gonna be covering this.
Speaker 2: We'll have a lot to say, I'm sure after this interview on Friday night with the President and George Stepanopolis.
Speaker 1: Don't forget.
Speaker 2: Share this wherever you are on social media and the Center and I will see you back here in a couple of days.