Speaker 1: To Teas in a Pod which Teddy Mellencamp and camera judge.
Speaker 2: Hi, guys, welcome to another episode of Two Teas and Pod with myself and Hi, I'm Eric. I love that we awkwardly say this at the beginning of every episode.
Speaker 3: It's okay, you know what, you need to introduce yourself. People who can't see us need to know it's us.
Speaker 2: I mean, our voices aren't recognizable enough.
Speaker 3: Tell me about it. I knew it was you.
Speaker 2: Hold on, how'd you know?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Right.
Speaker 2: So it starts off with Alexis says Shannon only says negative things about John. Shannon says she actually defended John. Andy says Shannon canfide it in the women, but didn't want it on the show. Shannon says she paid for everything the first year of the relationship, and then Alexis said they did forensic accounting and John spent three hundred and fifty thousand on Shannon, not including the seventy five thousand for the facelift. Andy asked Alexis why she went out of her way to be petty towards Shannon and her engagement announcement. Alexis says it doesn't mean anything.
Speaker 3: It does because Shannon is living rent free in Alexis's mind and in Alexis's engagement and future with John. I just like if I don't care, I don't care.
Speaker 2: I do also think that forensic accounting seems like something a little bit too serious for this group.
Speaker 3: It seems too serious for the show. I don't watch this show to know that, you know, I don't know. I don't, I don't, I don't want. I got kind of bogged down in this. I didn't like this part.
Speaker 2: And also like it made me want to go through my finances.
Speaker 3: It made me not want to go through my finances. It made me want to do I tell you you want to what it really did? What it made me think, My god, I don't want a data man that knows how much money he spends on me. Like that's not cool, Like you spend this. I don't want to be in a relationship like that. I don't. If I am of means and I spent shoes to spend money on you, I'm not going to feel bad.
Speaker 2: I'm not going to count my pennies.
Speaker 3: Right when it's all over, things didn't work out, like, don't be cheap? Does that make sense?
Speaker 2: Yeah? But also like if you want to do something, do it out of your heart, and.
Speaker 3: That's yeah, you want to do it.
Speaker 2: And if you can't do it and you're both in a financial situation where you can't, then you just trade on and off.
Speaker 3: We're also talking about people at a certain age where it shouldn't matter, like if you're in your twenties and you're coming up together, like I get it, you're strapped or whatever. But we're talking about people that are in their fifties however old like guys, we're in a different place in life. If I want to buy you something, I never expect to hear anything about it.
Speaker 2: Other I can don't remember how much the Ferragamo shoes that I potentially bought John Janssen were that.
Speaker 3: I can guarantee you I don't remember, as you know, like, I'm not doing that.
Speaker 2: I definitely am not.
Speaker 3: And if I'm in a relationship or in that mindset where I'm doing that, that's not a place I.
Speaker 2: Should be and it's not a good relationship.
Speaker 3: Now then it's I don't even know what that is.
Speaker 2: Then Heather and Shannon agree that John wants to be in the spotlight.
Speaker 3: Agreed agreed of course he does.
Speaker 2: He's in his own Also, did you notice that confessional wasn't lit the same way as other confessionals?
Speaker 3: Good you have worse lighting or better?
Speaker 2: It was just like the ship lighting.
Speaker 3: It wasn't like the news star lighting, lighting or retouching.
Speaker 2: Uh is that happening now? Is that why you guys look so sparkly?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's why we look so young. That lighting is still giving us over eyebags, under eye bags from overhead lighting, which is abusive, like Mariah Carey said, this abusive overhead lights.
Speaker 2: You know what. This is abusive lighting. And here, as we've talked.
Speaker 3: About before, at least it's semi even.
Speaker 2: No, you have the better light, fucker, what.
Speaker 3: Are you talking about? We have two lights?
Speaker 2: No, you know your light is the more expensive. Line.
Speaker 3: I am old, I am more stressed.
Speaker 2: No, you are not.
Speaker 3: You just started this stressful journey. I'm five years in hooker. Don't try me.
Speaker 2: Then, Shannon says John was texting her two months before he met Alexis.
Speaker 3: Okay, and then we had the whole friends with benefits shit, Like.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry. If you've been together for five years and then you're still having sex afterwards, it's not friends with benefits.
Speaker 3: And what is it just the continuation.
Speaker 2: Continuation of a toxic relationship.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's just not the ending of it. You're just still kind of in and out.
Speaker 2: You're in and out, you're not you want to move on.
Speaker 3: But you're not right ready, so you're still Yeah. I agree.
Speaker 2: And that text said I love you.
Speaker 3: Yes, it did, And I wonder if that really resonates with Alexis.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 3: I know he's telling you something different, but he wrote to her I love you. But then again he was telling Shannon and Alexis the same thing. So this man is a very interesting man.
Speaker 2: Then Emily Gina defend Shannon saying Alexis says, tweetled thee and tweedled dumb. Need to stay out of it.
Speaker 3: Come on, Emily, she fucking tore her ass up right here, living for it.
Speaker 2: I loved it.
Speaker 3: I like it when Emily all of a sudden turns, you know, because she's very thoughtful, you know, Lawyer puts on that and then all of a sudden she was like fuck that.
Speaker 2: No, But then when somebody she's like, you're the dumbest girl I've ever met, that's a big statement. It is, it is, and we know some dumb girls. We know some real fucking idiots, including ourselves.
Speaker 3: Including ourselves. This is why we thrive though ted, because we can admit that we're ding dark. We're self aware, very almost too self aware.
Speaker 2: You and I. Shannon says she and John broke up after Thanksgiving but still did things together. They were together until ten days prior before her do. UI.
Speaker 3: Okay, so again we're broken up, but we're still doing things together. Yeah, so we're still fucking.
Speaker 2: And then yeah, because Shannon says they were intimate, and then Tamra says John picked Shannon up from Jalen, took care of her.
Speaker 3: That's how you know it's real love. Man from Jalen take care of me and my broken arm in my face. Listen, I'm not bad for him, good for him? I mean, you know, I guess like it's deny.
Speaker 2: He probably knew that the paparazzi were going to be there. Oh okay, that's maybe Alexis said. Shannon lied about not knowing it was alone, claiming to have paid.
Speaker 3: I don't want to hear about this.
Speaker 2: I don't care.
Speaker 3: I don't care. The audience doesn't care. Like John told Shannon, look, even if you hate me, you have to pay this loan back, basically okay.
Speaker 2: Then Shannon gets emotional. Emily doesn't understand why John didn't take Shannon's full offer. Alexis says, it's because of the non disparagement, which actually makes less sense to me, because if you're trying to move on.
Speaker 3: Right, I don't care about that. Just take the money, get the fuck on.
Speaker 2: Then he asks why John won't accept the money. Now, Alexis says, John had two days to decide on the lawsuit, and it happened to be when filming, was.
Speaker 3: Like he had two days for the statute to run or something, yeah.
Speaker 2: Like whatever. Then Alexis says John tried to get his money when they broke up, and Shannon says he never asked for his money back after they broke up. My favorite moment at this entire reunion is when Emily and Tarama were talking under their breath while Alexis and Shannon bought. Emily keeps asking Tama how she's friends with Alexis, and Tama goes, you're the one that brought her on.
Speaker 3: I regret it, and Emily responds, I regret it, I just love it. That's the whole show.
Speaker 2: Under the breath. Com are the best because of the best sometimes those and those are like the only things that actually kind of get you through at a reunion. It is that little small conversations that you're not sure if they're going to use because you're ready to cut your own face off.
Speaker 1: You are.
Speaker 2: Then John says he intends for no one to see the videos. It's unfortunate Shannon has not taken accountability for the people she's harmed that night. Alexis says she didn't know it was on camera when she spoke about please that was not Gavin's fucking iPhone. No, I'm sorry, we know Javins.
Speaker 3: Let's blame everything on Gavin if you're listening, But like you know, when it's iPhone footage, that was a full camera, full b crew.
Speaker 2: They were all there, b C. I mean, I do think that the Lake Arahead is it Lake Arahead or Big Bear? Yeah, I think that was be camera and Palm Springs was.
Speaker 3: A yeah, yeah you can.
Speaker 2: But either way, she knew she was sucking on camera. Shut every time. The only time that you think you're off camera is when your mics are off and there's no camera man standing there. Like, it's very clear when you're on and off camera.
Speaker 3: Very clear. It's also it can be confusing when you go to pee and audio is still on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't like. I don't love it because like you know, they can hear it.
Speaker 3: They can and I just always go, I gotta go to the bathroom. Guys, can I please not have my mic on right now?
Speaker 2: But also now I've taken to like, I don't know if this is like a PTSD thing where I have to whistle when I pee.
Speaker 3: That is PTSD.
Speaker 2: So I'm like, I don't even do that.
Speaker 3: I'm just like, you know what, I'm a pee right here. I always just get guys, I'm going to go pee. I just I can't. I do remember one time when no, I don't poo poop it home. I'm a home pooper.
Speaker 2: In the mornings.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm a very regular person. I mean, you have a good gut.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right in the morning. But sometimes with nerves you can't control.
Speaker 3: It is true.
Speaker 2: Then Emily says every trash can needs a lid, and John Jansen Now Emily Emily asks why Jen, ask Jen why she refers to Tamar and she said, I don't subscribe to mean girl behavior.
Speaker 3: You're on a show with nothing but mean girls babes.
Speaker 2: And then Jen says watching this with Shannon as horrible, and she asked Alexis when she was about out of the.
Speaker 3: Lawsuit, Yeah, I just I'm bored with this actually.
Speaker 2: Then Tarmra says when she found out Alexis was dating John, she reached out to Shannon, which.
Speaker 3: She did, and it was really nice to have the text. Although when she said I've blown these up, I thought we were going to get the Lisa Vana HEALVP thing. I was like, here we go.
Speaker 2: I was like, let's go. Shannon gets emotional, saying watching those videos was difficult, and Tamra acknowledged acknowledge her. Shannon and Tamra hug and then Tamar apologizes to Shannon.
Speaker 3: Tamar reads her text messages, Yeah, well, I got to tell you something. I think that, like blowing up these texts does two things for me. Number, when it makes us look old, it just does it just makes it not us but them, you.
Speaker 2: Know on the show, like if your ties are this big, it means that you're old and you can't see.
Speaker 3: And but I get having to show it because then otherwise people would say nanny, you can do it.
Speaker 2: We're gonna go ahead and talk about some text messages that Erica got to see because she watched the Peacock version of the reunion and I watched the Bravo version of the reunion. So when she brought these up today, I was like, what are you talking about?
Speaker 3: That's right, I'm a company girl in case Bravo Peacock in BCU is listening, I'm a good I'm a good girl. And I watched it on Peacock and it had these extra texts and it does give a lot of context to what Tamara was saying. It proves that she did reach out to Shannon. These texts are really big and it looks like we're old. But it does show that Tama.
Speaker 2: Want to be Shannon or Tarma.
Speaker 3: I don't want to I want to be Erica.
Speaker 2: No, we're gonna have to read through the Oh.
Speaker 3: Okay, oh god, all right, all right, you go. You're you're the one on the left.
Speaker 2: I know you are off now. Thank you for talking to me today. Save travels. I will miss you. Please send me the info so I can book your travel. You are going to kick ass heartface.
Speaker 3: I'm crying right now I can't stop. I hate leaving right now. I want to come over and lay in bed and talk with you. Is there?
Speaker 2: What is this?
Speaker 3: What is this?
Speaker 2: This is sh I know? Who are you?
Speaker 3: And who am I?
Speaker 2: I don't know?
Speaker 3: Oh my god. I want to come over and lay in bed and talk with you.
Speaker 2: Are you know? Seddy?
Speaker 3: I love you and I know that you're going through a really hard time right now.
Speaker 2: But no, you wouldn't lay in bed and watch shows with me.
Speaker 3: I will lie, I will, I will, I mean I you do it on.
Speaker 2: The couch or I was gonna.
Speaker 3: I was kidding. Should we get like a hotel room and like just totally you know, yeah, let's do that.
Speaker 2: Oh stop, now you're making me cry. And I literally been crying all day cry because you're gonna miss your family. I fucked up anyway to do everything I can to make it right. But I'm gonna read it with typos. Oh stop, now you're making me cry. I literally been crying all day cry because you're gonna miss your family. I fucked up anyway to do everything I can to make a rite. I'm really gonna miss you.
Speaker 3: It's a combination. I just don't feel right. Leaving.
Speaker 2: Sorry, the auto I can't do it is horrible. Sorry the auto correct didn't listen to my words properly. I just have to deal with it, and I think it's going to be one of the hardest things I've ever done.
Speaker 3: You'll get through it and it'll all be better.
Speaker 2: You're going to kick ass and win that thing. I know, as you said today, this is going to force me to make important life decisions for the next chapter of my life. I know God has a plan. It will all come together, and I give.
Speaker 3: It a heart. What I have to do with this shit right Just know if I wasn't leaving, i'd be at your house right now.
Speaker 2: Of course, I know that.
Speaker 3: I wish I could just pick you up and take you with me, get you out of this shit storm.
Speaker 2: I'm still going to need you when you get home.
Speaker 3: Oh this is some Come on man, I know you for a million fives we have never talked like this.
Speaker 2: Well we are now. This isn't going anywhere.
Speaker 3: It's going to be a while, I know, please, and I'll be there. I found Oh, hold on, I found out while I was on the podcast and started crying as they aired. Is that true? It was okay?
Speaker 2: But I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: I be strong, my friend. I know it's going to be tough. I can't you know.
Speaker 1: That's where it ends.
Speaker 3: I guess we got fuck.
Speaker 2: I was ready to keep going and yeah, no.
Speaker 3: Quit.
Speaker 2: Well, anyways, all of you days of our lives? If you would like to hire us?
Speaker 3: Are they still on Young and the Restless?
Speaker 2: Fine? Whatever?
Speaker 3: Final thoughts? Here we are. Shannon said she's glad it's over. Guess what we are too? I mean, I've never been happier for someone else's lawsuit to be over myself.
Speaker 2: Yeah, me too. Then Tarma says she wants to move forward with Shannon and she didn't like what she saw from herself this season. We didn't either, but I liked what I saw. At the reunion of TAM, Tamar pulled episode three for TAM. At the reunion, she pulled she.
Speaker 3: Pulled the Tamar that you know together and that's important. Heather is happy that they were able to resolve a lot of things. Heather, you're good, don't worry about it.
Speaker 2: Then Katie thinks Heather for what she said to her during the break but for some reason, I don't even remember.
Speaker 3: Okay, now this is what I need help with because yes, I watched it on Peacock, Thanks guys. But and so you know, I still know what the fuck am I watching? Thirty six hours later, everybody gets together, Now, what is this? Heather saying the night of the finale party? What night was that?
Speaker 2: No? So this it's very confusing. But what we have gathered allegedly.
Speaker 3: So here I want to make something very clear for the audience listening and watching. The difference between the finale, which is the final episode, right, is the episode the final reunion shoot comes much later. So these two things make a lot of sense here.
Speaker 2: It's important, Okay, it's important for the timeline that we understand.
Speaker 3: It as a viewer and not tamors. You know, I think, yes, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't guess.
Speaker 3: Okay, well, Teddy, you can walk me through this because I'm confused about what I'm seeing.
Speaker 2: Okay, So we need to make things very clear. There is the finale, right, which is the final episode where we see Emily Schlocker falling off, trying to look over the hedges, whatever, Jen's engagement, yeah, whatever with the money laundering bestie allegedly whatever it is. So that night Heather and Terry Tamera and Eddie and Alexis and John went to dinner after filming. After filming, okay, so after that party, the reason Emily wasn't there is because she was drunk allegedly love you, Emily, but you looked pretty drunk. And they went to dinner and this information was shared allegedly by John Janssen that he heard it happen. He heard what happened the crash, the house crash, the house crash, so he heard Shannon crash allegedly into whatever the partition or the house.
Speaker 3: So now we cut to the reunion where both Heather and Alexis and who else was at that.
Speaker 2: Ten Heather, Alexis, and camera.
Speaker 3: So they all know what John Jansen has said at the dinner, but they don't say this at the reunion.
Speaker 2: They don't say it.
Speaker 3: And the reason for that is why.
Speaker 2: My guess is because it happened off camera. Whoa all yeah, whole hey, okay, So because this information was shared after the finas friends, this get right, they are the friends, but they're trying to I think this is the part where it gets very confusing when it comes to show versus reality. I think even if you dislike somebody, you don't want to tear them completely down on the show unless you're like a disgusting human being.
Speaker 3: This is true.
Speaker 2: So my guess is they get the reunion. And what I'm starting to understand because I'm looking at the timeline, I'm not one hundred percent sure on this. I'm assuming that after the reunion, you know how, all the girls break up and go to dinner together.
Speaker 3: I always went home, but yeah, no, you didn't.
Speaker 2: We went to Kyle's the year of you did Lie Lie? That was the show?
Speaker 3: No, okay what oh after the home reunion?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: After yeah, yeah, yeah, okay, I'm sorry, I go back to you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, anyways, pretend amnesia, but I can't remember who the girls were by the paparazzi picks. But like eighty percent of the cast is eating dinner around that same time, Shannon comes in with her glam team to the same dinner location. This is after the reunion. What I heard, I don't know if this is true, is that one of the women went up to Shannon and told her what they had heard after the finale. Oh god, so this happened after the reunion, After the final party, one of those women slipped up. Okay, it's not my co host, That's all I can say. And then.
Speaker 3: How did that get back to production?
Speaker 2: Well, because you can imagine this would upset Shannon, of course, and that's how I think that brought us to our final scene, which I actually loved. I wish that scene would have happened a long time ago during the season. I'm glad they picked cameras back up because you know, they show Heather, Gina, Emily, Tamara, and Shannon. They all meet. Heather says the night of the finale party, she terry Tamar, exactly what I said, go to dinner. Heather says. John said he heard the crash. Tarmra says, John said he went to run after Shannon, but his daughter said stopped him. Then the daughter went around the corner and saw Shannon pulling out. Tamra says, John claimed that Shannon hit him. Shannon says she doesn't know what she did that night.
Speaker 3: And then and then Tamar whispered to her, you punched him in the face. Yeah.
Speaker 2: And then Tamra tells Shannon she loves her and that's why she was so mad. And then Tamra says being friends with Alexis was not to get back at Shannon, and then you see Shannon kind of cry and she's like, maybe I did punch him. And I think that is a really freaking real moment, and it's sad and it's heartbreaking, and I think.
Speaker 3: How does that make you now that you have this new information, How does it make you see things? How does it change your perspective? Does it matter? It does matter? All of this to me matters, it puts.
Speaker 2: I mean, I think it shows the toxicity of the relationship between Shannon and John. I think it also shows that Tamra and Shannon do have a love for one another. Yes, maybe their relationship is also flawed because they are years and years of putting on a television show, of course, but I think in that moment you could see like I've got you there. I also think Gina was very well spoken at this. She really was, yeah, like, we do fucked up shit when we're upset, when we're hurt. And I think it took it more away from what we had seen on the show and actually made it more real, like this is this isn't a television show anymore. This is two really flawed people in a fucked up relationship. Children are involved, drinking is involved, and yeah, and imagine, I mean I've blacked out in my life, have you.
Speaker 3: Yeah on camera?
Speaker 2: Yeah, and so yeah, me too, Provence, But blacking out and then not knowing what those videos are Like I knew even blacked out and Provence, I knew I was an asshole about you.
Speaker 3: But you didn't do anything that was gonna like affect the rest of your life.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I may have hurt your feelings. I may have been an asshole, that's it. But I know I didn't do anything physical to you.
Speaker 3: And you didn't get a d ua. You know what I'm saying, Like you weren't behind the wheel or do you say the thing?
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I couldn't imagine that feeling.
Speaker 3: Well, it's terrorizing. Yeah, it's the terror.
Speaker 2: And I think that's why he wouldn't sign the non disparagement agreement, because he knows he can hold that terror over her. But I think her showing emotion about it and saying she doesn't remember shows her being a human about it and being being able to be okay to say I'm flawed and I made a mistake yep, and I'm scared. It was the first time this season I felt fully that from her, but she was afraid because she had to have her defenses up because of Alexis everywhere else. But in this moment, it was just the women that care about her.
Speaker 3: And what do you think about them holding withholding that information? Do you think they should have said that, like, do you think that was reunion worthy or.
Speaker 2: I mean I think the show probably would have appreciated them sharing that about.
Speaker 3: The show got mad. Yeah, yeah, let me tell you the show got mad upon learning this.
Speaker 2: But as a viewer, I think if that would have come out at the reunion, I think it would have come out differently, and I don't think it would have helped women the way that what we just saw possibly did. At the union. It would have been a fight you said this, and you said this, and you didn't tell me this in that setting with those women all talking to Shannon for the first time.
Speaker 3: But Alexis skits kind of off the hook here. Yeah, do you know at least at the reunion they would have been able to say, Hey, Alexis, what do you have to say about this?
Speaker 2: But what is Alexis going to say about it?
Speaker 3: But it's just kind of points to the fact that they're being mean to Shannon, you know that they're doing this? He knew.
Speaker 2: I know. Well, that marks the end of the season, guys.
Speaker 3: I wonder what happens now.
Speaker 2: I would guess if they have a two to three month break and then they will resume filming and probably have like one or two new cast members. I would guess that we no longer see Alexis and possibly Katie.
Speaker 3: Do you think she's gonna go the old ditch, Katie the ditch? That's a rude cut.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I I have like this gut feeling that Joe from season one of Orange County is going to be back, okay, because I've been seeing she was up twat Con, She's been at all of our things.
Speaker 3: Just that name is just.
Speaker 2: You should have come up with it.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, it's like something I might.
Speaker 2: Well, you guys, thank you for tuning in always, And just so you know, for those of you guys who are loving the podcast with me and Erica, this isn't the last you're going to hear from us.
Speaker 3: No, it's not the end.
Speaker 2: Stay tuned, Stay tuned.
Speaker 3: Thank you,