Speaker 1: The volume.
Speaker 2: The Emirates NBA Cup is here. You can win big getting in on the action at Draft Kings Sportsbook, an official sports betting partner of the NBA. All thirty teams split into six groups every Tuesday and Friday, playing for the right to advance into a single elimination in season tournament culminating in the NBA Cup Championship in Las Vegas. First time. Here's something special for you new Draft King customers. Bet five dollars to get one hundred and fifty in bonus bets if your bet wins. Score big with Draft Kings Sportsbook, Every point counts. Download the Draft Kings Sportsbook app. Use Code Money Moves. That's Code Money Move for new customers to get one hundred and fifty in bonus bet if your bet wins when you bet just five bucks only on Draft Kings.
Speaker 3: The Crown is yours.
Speaker 4: Gambling problem called one eight hundred gambler or in West Virginia visit one eight hundred gambler dot net. In New York call eight seven seven eight hope and wire text hope and yas four six seven three sixty nine. In Connecticut, help is available for problem gambling called eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven, or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of Boothill casino when resorting. Kansas twenty one and over age varies by jurisdiction, void and Ontario one. No sweat bet per new customer issued as one bonus bet based on amount of initial losing bet. Bonus bets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issue once. See DKNG dot com slash promos for deposit wagering and eligibility restrictions, terms and responsible gaming resources.
Speaker 2: Oh Joe Tyreek Hughes agent Drew Rosenhaus said the wide receivers committed to the Dolphins despite postgame comments. Tyreek reportedly met with Dolphins general manager Chris Greer and head coach Mike McDaniel earlier this week, and Rosenhaus believes his client remains faithful to the club. I think at the end of the day, he's committed to this Dolphins. He had an excellent meeting with Chris Greer and Mike McDaniel. They have many more worries, Tyreek Hill is not one of them. If we are to believe what Mike McDaniel said, he asked Tyreek to go in the game in the fourth quarter. They said Tyreek said he was unabailable. It was brought to Mike McDaniel either than it's not a new injury now. He said he had a broke res blah blah blah. Okay five, if you started the game with that you got, you can't leave him behind and dry. It ain't a good look, O Joe. Yeah, there's no different. And I said this before. There's no different than what Ab did in that Berry Stadium. There's no different than what Campbell did for the forty nine ers and then and then to exacerbate, to make matters worse.
Speaker 3: This man put a change's profile, put his face on Ab. If we're supposed to say like, oh there's nothing wrong, that's something wrong.
Speaker 1: Listen, where there's smoke, this fire always no matter what Drew rosen House says, you know, no matter and listen, Cheetah said, say everybod you want to say, they were frustrations.
Speaker 5: What led to that and not going back into the game. We would never know that you answer, We'll never know your answer.
Speaker 3: Listen.
Speaker 1: I can sit back, I can sit here and call him and be like, hey, bro, what happened, What really happened? Why didn't you go back into the game?
Speaker 3: What was wrong? Well?
Speaker 1: You tired and getting cardial were You're tied in the fact that they weren't able to get to the ball?
Speaker 3: You know, are you upset that? You know? The season? What isn't what it should have been for you?
Speaker 1: Obviously the tours, obviously with tours, the injuries early in the season, and then not having the time of the adequate time or getting the opportunity needed once he came back in the game, to get your numbers where they should be for the type of player that you are. Listen, Reef, if you see this, I mean it's Cheetah Justin Jefferson had a good season this year. Jamar Chase had a phenomenal obviously triple Crown winner this year. Tree is still the best receiver in the NFL. I don't want people to forget that, un I don't want you to forgive now.
Speaker 3: I know what we see it. What have you done for me, lady?
Speaker 1: Obviously the reasons wire season and go the way it did this year, there's reasons why we understand.
Speaker 3: We understand that.
Speaker 1: But Cheetah is still the most dangerous receiver in today's NFL. I don't want people in the chat to ever forget that.
Speaker 2: I believe he's the most dangerous, but I believe as far as total receiver, I think, I think chasing Jefferson is pasted.
Speaker 1: Listen, come on, there are more than one way of skin of cat right, yeah, yeah, yeah, but listen, Chase is scary.
Speaker 3: Justice catfish right about skin of catfish? Right? Yes, sir? Yes, okay, okay, I want to I needed to come in here and try to shut us down, O Joe? Right, Oh my bad?
Speaker 1: What I'm just saying from an instance of who you don't want to face, who you don't want to who you don't want to touch the ball, and have any kind of crease of any kind of angle, and listen, you might where the fat lady might well start singing?
Speaker 5: Will that will always be Tarri.
Speaker 1: I don't want people to lose sight of how great Tyreek Hill is because of a down season.
Speaker 3: I don't know what his frustrations were.
Speaker 2: That's the fake Joe, because O Joe, you can't complain you went for the money. Hey, And in nobody's mind did they ever think that tour was better than my homes now you got the money, you secured your family. Now, if you blent through seventy two million guaranteed probably about a probably made like ninety million dollars over the last four years, one hundred million last four years.
Speaker 3: If you blow through that, hey, I don't know what to tell Yojoe, but you cannot complain.
Speaker 2: Oh, I want to win? Really, you left the win over the last five years. Who's one more games than the Caps toy Chiefs, Ojoe? If it's about winning? Oh, man, you know I ain't used to this.
Speaker 3: You're listen.
Speaker 1: Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait a minute. Now we have to understand why he left the Chiefs now based on what based on who Tyree was and when he was bringing to the table, they weren't paying him what he was worthing. So I understand why he didn't let to go to the Dolphins, it, Ojoe.
Speaker 3: And not only that, he.
Speaker 1: Didn't miss a goddamn in any category as a receiver, He didn't miss a beat.
Speaker 3: Remember when Tyreek did heill? Did it just last year?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah.
Speaker 5: The only reason things weren't the same this year is because of the injury to tour.
Speaker 1: You know, there's a reason why there's a reason why quarterbacks, when you have a backup, there's a reason why the back of is the backup.
Speaker 7: Why.
Speaker 2: But you gotta be the same no matter what. You got to show up with your hard hat and your lunch paal regardless. Because now it seems like Tyreek's the front run. When things are going good, he's there. Why we didn't hear nothing about no broken risks all year long? Let me ask you this, No, no, no, no, no no.
Speaker 1: Wait. Remember remember that there were there were there are a few games where he was on the injury the injury list due to his wrists. You know, he couldn't he could have gotten surgery, but it was messed up.
Speaker 3: But he kept playing.
Speaker 6: He just had it.
Speaker 3: He had to take the real head. Let me ask you a question.
Speaker 2: If Tyreek makes the Pro Bowl and he gets fourteen hundred yards, do we hear anything about this risk?
Speaker 3: Yes? Or no? No, sir? So why we hearing about it now? Drewis tried to get him a copp out that risk. His leg wasn't broken. Nah, nah, I'm out, Joe, babe. You know how I am. Joe. I know you, I know, I know I know you. But I'm what I'm not gonna do is.
Speaker 5: I'm not gonna make excuses. I'm not gonna do that.
Speaker 3: Appreciate it.
Speaker 1: He did have her, he did have her risk injury. They brought it up a few times earlier in the season. I don't know if he landed wrong and then there's something. I think he needed surgery, but he opted out of getting surgery and decided just to table it up, very very heavy and continued playing.
Speaker 3: That's all.
Speaker 2: Look at the first game he had. That game went a touchdown that he called Remember that?
Speaker 3: What about the one of y'all games that he had.
Speaker 2: I couldn't tell. Could you tell this risk was hurtant? He looked like you okay, oh yoe. Now it's time to welcome in Baltimore. Ravens receiver. He got the party started Saturday night early. He caught the touchdown, the first touchdown from Lamar Jackson. Rashad Bateman. Rashad, how's it going, bro Man, Thanks for Jordans. We're doing great, Rashad. Look, you guys played unbelievable on Saturday. You guys dominated the ball game. You got off to an early start. The first drive, you go down, score a touchdown. But what was the what was what what this this team, this offense, this team. It looks different this playoff compared to last year. Is there a difference? What if you noticed different? Is the practice is different? Are you guys meeting different? Did coach Harball change anything because you guys had a look in your eye that like, look, yeah, we're excited about this one, but we got something else.
Speaker 8: In Man, I would definitely say that the team is on a you know, agenda right now, Lamar, Derek, you know, lead us in the right direction. But nah, it ain't nothing different. I would definitely say no, players just locked in right now, man, right and going crazy and man, everything getting so you know, Man, we just kind of you know, man, keep doing We're doing.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I like it. Look shot, what's up?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 5: It's jo Man. You was fan?
Speaker 1: Man, appreciate listen speak to an audience man, and myself also and and and let us and know why you believe Lamar Jackson is the.
Speaker 7: M v P. I mean at this point, man, I only know what we're going off.
Speaker 4: No more.
Speaker 3: Film or what man.
Speaker 7: But you know, in my eyes, I mean everything speak for yourself. I mean, dude, go out and make plays.
Speaker 8: You know we can't and week out and not just you know, regular plays, you know, amazing place.
Speaker 7: I mean, the stats are there. I mean you turn the film, he jump out and even just about the numbers.
Speaker 8: You know, at this point, it's just you know what I'm saying, you can't deny that Lamar Jackson is on the field no matter who won the team.
Speaker 7: So, I mean, I ain't the judge, but hey, you know what I'm saying. I definitely think it's you know, MV three years.
Speaker 2: Babe, when you guys found out like the Baltimore raven have signed Derrick Henry to a two year deal, knowing watching him more from Afar. I don't know if you were on that team the first year that they played you guys in the playoffs, they came out there on the divisional round.
Speaker 3: Now, I don't think he was there the next year.
Speaker 2: But when you watch him, obviously you watched him on film before, what is it about him?
Speaker 3: How is he able to do that?
Speaker 2: It seems like he gets stronger as the game goes on, and that's when those big runs start to take place late the third.
Speaker 8: A guy like that, you know, at this level you know every day, you know, I mean, you see why you know, play is dude, eat healthier, dude. You know what I'm saying, practice hard until my you know what I'm saying, hard, first one, their last one league. I mean, he do all the things you would, you know, think that the rookie were doing. You know what I'm saying, And he'll you know what I'm saying, veteran, you know, Hall of famers. So there's no question to why you know you having success? You know this late in the league. So I mean, I guess in no age, you know this running bad.
Speaker 7: Thing right now? Can Bro? Can Bro told that beer right now?
Speaker 3: He told it.
Speaker 2: They excuse me? I mean, babe, you guys go get Zay Flowers back this week. Now, you guys probably knew earlier in the week that he wasn't gonna be there. That meant you and other guys were gonna have to step up, Mark Andrew likely you guys are gonna have to step up and carry the little aguilar. So now that there's a possibility that he's going to return this week, what does he bring? What addition does he bring now to the table when you're.
Speaker 8: Going to spread the feel out? I mean this year, I think that's the biggest difference for us. It's been able to spread the ball out, you know what I'm saying in all different areas. We've got a lot of playmakers over the field, you know, as we see, you know, anybody can have a good game for Lamar, Darren, mark Za myself. You know, it just depends on how the game going, you know, back Ken Jay back. You know, it would definitely be big for us, you know if it happened, but uh, you know, just go see how that plays out right now.
Speaker 1: Listen, most most of the time, based you know, during this time of year, in the postseason, towards the end of the season, most players have banged up. Nobody's really truly one hundred percent. And you dealt with some tough injuries early in your career. Do you feel now you've turned the corner and what helped you cope with extensive rehab they get you to the point where you are now?
Speaker 7: Yeah, man, ain't even a lot.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 7: That was a tough time.
Speaker 8: That was a tough time right there, man, But I definitely say that I crossed the home. Last year was my first time you know, playing a four season healthy. So this my you know, second year playing healthy you know, finally being involved in the offense.
Speaker 7: Uh man, to get over that.
Speaker 8: Man, that just took God and mental straight right because there was a time, but I thought it was always over. But you know that at the end of the day because in the NFL, man, it's a drafted Yeah, these people trying to pay somebody.
Speaker 7: Yeah yeah, so hey may your time. The time is taken. So you know, just being able to know how the mindset, doug mentality or just keep going. You know what I'm saying. Know who I am.
Speaker 8: You know what I'm saying. I know I'll be open. I know I can get open. I know I can make plays. So man, just being able to believe in myself and continue to go out and do.
Speaker 1: That well most definitely. Also, I want to extend my services while I'm here. Now we talk about you know, your time taking and being available. I can extend your playing career by ten twelve years as a nutritionist. Now, if you want to hire men, I can help you out with that part.
Speaker 5: I'm not sure if you have nutritionists.
Speaker 1: I don't want to step on nobody told, but we can talk about that later off camera and do a little bitsiness. I don't charge nothing, but twenty dollars a week, so you added a week for six months. That relates nothing. That's a drop in the Bagald's pinion.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, I figure figure.
Speaker 3: I figure so.
Speaker 2: So baby talk talk to us about like when you run around, obviously you think the ball one two three ball might come out, one two three four five ball.
Speaker 3: Might come out, but you have to stay alive.
Speaker 2: That's Lamar Jackson out there, and he can extend to play three seconds to five seconds to eight seconds to ten seconds. And on that first touchdown run, I'm excuse me, the first touchdown pass. That is exactly what happened. He was able to extend, extend, extend. You start one way and then come back. Tell us, like, what is your thought process when you lead a huddle? Okay they call the play ready to bring and you lead the huddle. What's going through your mind?
Speaker 8: Very shaped man. That's why it's important. It's important if you're in the field and be able to get those reps. Saying with Lamar man, because get the type of quarterback man you gotta uh you know what saying, take practice to take rhythm.
Speaker 3: You know, you stay alive and stay alive.
Speaker 7: You know what I'm saying play like that because you know, it ain't easy, bro, it ain't easy, man. A lot of people can't even relate to that type of ball, So I mean it's tough.
Speaker 2: Do you guys practice that because like sometimes like a like a scramble drill, do you guys do you guys like do they allow him to keep the ball, because a.
Speaker 3: Lot of times we didn't, we didn't do that. I mean after like certain things.
Speaker 2: You know that coach you just blow the whistle, but you really can't blow the whistle because it's so hard to get his ass on the ground and so you really really have to stay alive for at least five seconds. Yeah, I mean maybe June coach arbad or do you blow the whistle to the whistle getting like seven to ten seconds because you got to stay alive because they're not getting him down within in the first.
Speaker 8: Row practicing hard. It's definitely let the play go about ten seconds longer than a normal or normal coach would How long like hell can extend to play for shure? Yeah, I got a good question that this is a good one. And listen, I am a I am an enthusiast for defensive back play. You know and you've been in your short career so far, who do you think the best TV is in the league and who's the best TV that you faced a date so far?
Speaker 7: Yea, so passed? Certain probably talking the.
Speaker 3: Leader, right, yeah?
Speaker 5: Okay, have you had Have you had an opportunity to go against Derek Singley?
Speaker 6: Yet?
Speaker 5: What do you think about Derek Stingley?
Speaker 3: He nice?
Speaker 7: Be nice for show? Definitely take Pat Okay, Okay, I like I love yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Pat fluid man.
Speaker 2: He just like Heed. He's just so efflent. I mean he just ended out of them breaks. I mean the way he can close on the ball. Yeah, he long.
Speaker 8: He got fast to be that size. Yeah you think he wasn't he like at least six three for sure? Yeah, that's all he can move to be.
Speaker 3: Yeah, can you.
Speaker 1: I need to do and pass Marlond Humphrey and Nate Wiggins. I need to pass my message for you. Matter of fact, text him you get a chance and tell them what's that. They can't stop me, They couldn't cover me, and they need to be thanking God. I'm not playing in this error. Oh no, you bet I said the massage. See what they say.
Speaker 3: Babe, Babe, what was your welcome to the NFL.
Speaker 8: Moment, my rookie year Roe coin you on my team now went to Chicago, brought up by him.
Speaker 7: But I ain't never I ain't never had. I ain't never had, and my whole career play for White, never had.
Speaker 3: My handy knocked up.
Speaker 7: I said, yeah, the boy getting paid, the boy getting paid.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you can catch you.
Speaker 8: Colorttle scream colored scream, cut back, helmet came off, hanmer came off.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: If that that's what people don't realize when you run that jam break screen, the bubba screen or whatever you guys call it, the inside and hurt because the lying back and they coming from in here, and that's.
Speaker 3: What you wanted to do.
Speaker 8: He seeing what happened now, you know, going oh yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: Listen, I lived in the trenches, though I lived in the gotta think, but you gotta think I did.
Speaker 3: I did.
Speaker 5: You think.
Speaker 2: You might have been born in the trenches, but he ain't life.
Speaker 5: Listen, you gotta think. I was six two thirty when I was playing, so you know, was it was nothing to meet be down y'all?
Speaker 7: That's crazy, bro.
Speaker 6: Yeah yeah.
Speaker 7: And McDonald's had two thirty.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah about that, babe. He hain't been over, he ain't been one of the day and it's life.
Speaker 7: He like, I know, I'll be watching watching it.
Speaker 2: So now, look, this was a rematch Buffalo that came in a week for you guys did a job on them. Deack Henry ran Wow.
Speaker 3: That was like okay.
Speaker 2: They put Derrick Henry in the I formation, they talked it to him and they handed to him and he ran wild.
Speaker 3: What do you guys expect, Buffalo.
Speaker 2: Look, this is the rematching the two m VP front running candidates, Lamar Jackson Josh Allen.
Speaker 3: But this time it's indifferent.
Speaker 8: I mean I definitely say, you know, like any other person gotta start the run game with anybody.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 7: Uh, it's to the point I don't know how to like how to defend it.
Speaker 8: You know what I'm saying. You got to count for all the players. You got to defend you know what I'm saying, all links of the field, you know, when you play us. So I would just say, man, you got to be prepared for all. I mean, we're don't shown that we're capable of being on the ring game, you know, pass game, uh, screen game, you know, we're healthy. You know, got guyspect on the field, so you know, man preparation, practice to go out and you know what I'm saying, execute, it's always game plan execution.
Speaker 3: Last year, Bab, the season did not end the way you wanted it to.
Speaker 2: You got the MVP front runner, you got an almost two thousand yard rush in your backfield. You got the first time a Ravens drafted receiver has gone to the Pro Bowl. You guys are low. You guys had the most I think you guys had the most Pro Bowlers. I think you had nine Pro Bowlers. Uh, you got a lot of all pro guys over there. If you guys don't get to and win the Super Bowl, is this is either the disappointment.
Speaker 8: In your us man, how we view it. I mean, if we don't do that, I feel like that's every year. You know what I'm saying, we hold ourselves to the standard. That's the standard.
Speaker 7: That's it.
Speaker 8: You know I'm saying, his organization. You know what I'm saying, that's go wearing super Bowls. Won't take that the list. You know what I'm saying, that's what we strivevel for always.
Speaker 3: So that's the end.
Speaker 6: Goal.
Speaker 8: The goal is to make it down there. We don't then, of course, you know what I'm saying. We feel that, we feel we got all the tools, we got everything we need. You know what I'm saying to be successful talk the bottom.
Speaker 7: So we just got to go out and do it now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, that's what.
Speaker 5: Come on, man, don't come on, don't do that. Man, don't do that.
Speaker 1: Man, you don't you don't won't. Hey, yeah, you play He played for the Broncos. He played for the Broncos for twelve years. He just happened to be on the Ravens for two That don't even that doesn't work out.
Speaker 7: He just happened to work out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh hey, they don't. Hey, bait, do they happen to just get either? You gotta work. You gotta work for that. Well, here we go.
Speaker 7: You got to work for them. You know you gotta work for that one.
Speaker 3: Oh Joe, why do you work?
Speaker 2: You better check somebody now if you if you're a raven fan and y'all know anything about that two thousand Ravens.
Speaker 3: I did my part in the office. I understand right.
Speaker 1: Now that troupe you're carrying that trophy is because of the raven two thousand defense.
Speaker 3: I'm whoa, whoa.
Speaker 1: They only score with nine points a game.
Speaker 3: I have a fan. Hey, look at it right there on that man.
Speaker 5: Matter of fact, Hey, I'm gonna tell you. I want to talk to Big I'm gonna tell them how the game don't go.
Speaker 7: I'm game.
Speaker 1: It's gonna start eight. They're gonna stack eight nine in the box. Right, you're gonna have about one twenty one, thirty and two TVs. I ain't speaking to his I'm telling you, I'm manifesting it. I'm not I'm not I'm not Cleo and I'm a I'm a bangle at and I'm telling you how the game is gonna go.
Speaker 5: I already know they're gonna stack the box.
Speaker 2: And the banger. We do bad things for the Bagels, bait. Don't worry about the bank. I don't even know why he brought them up. We're talking about.
Speaker 5: Respectful.
Speaker 7: I thought that's what he was talking about.
Speaker 1: I was very respectful, But I was telling BigMan how the game gonna go.
Speaker 5: You talk about the Bangles.
Speaker 2: Oh, I forgot. I'm not fooled to talk about the team that didn't make the playoffs. You know, me and bab were talking about team that baby playoff. That's what we talk about, you knowing about you know, trying to make a Super Bowl run.
Speaker 7: Oh whoa.
Speaker 3: Bronkoe?
Speaker 7: Oh here raven to day up.
Speaker 5: Teams.
Speaker 3: Still a hater? Hold on, so you're a hater, hey, babe, we appreciate that man. Who on who y'all got winning?
Speaker 5: Listen, I'm I'm lama all day, I'm all day.
Speaker 7: Okay, all right?
Speaker 3: He had he had Josh Allen for the MBB.
Speaker 5: I had like that, we're gonna, were gonna, we're gonna low me.
Speaker 7: I have everybody, come on, come on, man, if that's true, that's this me.
Speaker 5: Now, this is me. Now, I know, I know, Okay, don't do that because you got the man believe and I really.
Speaker 3: For you kind of. I mean, you wouldn't.
Speaker 2: You wouldn't like even when everybody saying it was over that Josh Allen had the m v P sold up. I said, look, I don't know if y'all see what I see what that guy in Baltimore do it.
Speaker 3: But it's hard.
Speaker 2: I mean, how you gonna Overlook, I said, he's gonna be somewhere in the low forties. He could have less than five interceptions and there's an outside chance he has a thousand yard Russian. So what we're gonna do about that in a season that we've never seen before and you might see a game. Look I said it before. What he's doing, only one other quarterback has ever done it, and that's Aaron Rodgers. When he goes forty in less than five interceptions and every time he and he did it, he won the MVP. Now you throw nine hundred rush yards on top of the different what we talking about here, and the fourth and the fourth highest passer rating in NFL history, He's the MVP.
Speaker 3: That's not to take away from anybody else. Babe.
Speaker 2: Josh Allen had a phenomenal season, so did Saint Kwan. But when we look at this, the value that he gave that team.
Speaker 5: Yeah, listen, they just the voters can't make any excuses.
Speaker 1: They can't say he had Derrick Henry, they can't use they can't move the gold posts. Now know to move the gold posts based on who it is. At this point, there's really nothing you can say. There's really nothing you can do to take that MVP away from Lamar Jackson. In the type of season we had, regards to who he's had at the disposed with it.
Speaker 5: And as a supporting cast. It just it doesn't matter because what he did it's unbelievable.
Speaker 7: Yeah, for sure, I'm glad we all know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Greg, we will appreciate you man. Thanks for taking time joining us at Nightcap. We really appreciate that. Wish you the best of luck, continue success. You know we're gonna be watching you. But good luck on Sunday and uh, hopefully we'll have another conversation.
Speaker 1: Until Nate and it's whatever or Humphrey, whatever they want to do these pieces.
Speaker 3: Alright, I'm all appreciate that. Bait all right.
Speaker 2: Wide received Baltimore Wave Ravens wide receiver. Uh, just it, Richard, But I don't know why keep saying, I don't know what Justin's on my mind. Richard Bateman, first round draft pick, played really in the Apps. He played well all year. Obviously, Zay is their number one, but Bait came on and make big plays when given the opportunity. And that's what you have to do with ya. Hey, Zay was out well, so I gotta step up and do one part now. And that's what you have to do. And that's what I like, likely made a name for himself in the absence of Mark Andrews. Likely stuffed up. And now they run a lot of double tight end set and it's hard because a lot of times when teams run double tight end set, you think they're gonna block where they get both of those guys out in past covered and pass, you know, and passing and passing situation. But like he said, it's not easy to play. I mean, Lamar is great, but you just gotta stay alive, O Joe. You gotta stay alive because there's no dad play. It's not like, oh man, they have got Lamar and they say, you know, you hear the crowd standing up. You're like, what they're standing up for? I thought he got sacked. No, you gotta get on your horses. Either you go straight across, you come back, or you take the top off. Because we had Spram with Drill. You know, oh you closer to him. We are the closest guy come down the hill. Then you have the guy coming over, and then you got got a guy going deep. But uh, it was a it's great to see. It's gonna be a great ballgame, Ojo. I'm anxious to see how This thing turns out the two MVP front runners playing the quarterback position.
Speaker 3: Both teams got a running game.
Speaker 2: James Cook for the Bills, Lamar excuse me, Dereck Henry for the Ravens wide receivers. Maybe you get Zay Fliers back, but if you don't, you got two tight ends like Len Andrews going up against ken Caiden Knox wide receivers. You got secure and uh Coop going up against Baban Aglar. So we get Hey, it's a great matchup. Offensive lines are very very good. Uh they got a Pro Bowl. The Ravens got a Pro Bowl center. Once you come, got a Pro Bowl left tackle, so that thing is gonna be very very and the Ravers right tackle has done an outstanding job.
Speaker 3: TJ.
Speaker 2: Wahte didn't register a stat the previous week he dealt with Miles Garrett. So Lamark like, I feel pretty good. I got Ronnie Stalley on one side. I got a Pro Bowl center, a Pro Bowl and an All Pro center in the middle, and then I got a right tackle. That's I think he's a rookie that's playing out of his mind. So it's gonna be a very good game. Where do you believe the Raiders should look for a head coach. Obviously, Coach Belichick signed with the University of North Carolina the tar Hills. He has a buy out.
Speaker 3: June first or a million dollars.
Speaker 2: But if you were to lose leave now, it'll cost him ten million, So I mean it's still a possibility, Tied Bion, I mean, hey, you get the Hey, Raiders, y'all want me bad enough. I mean, considering Tampa gave up to the first rounds of the game eight million in cash. If you want, Hey, look they got much. Look obviously the Raiders don't have the influx of cash that this is a mom and pop shot, So it's not No, he's not littered with money. He's done to have billions and billions of dollars like some of these other owners. The only thing that he operates is the Raiders. You know a lot of these other owners, they have outside businesses. Jerry got, you know, a gas company, he got this, and he got car dealerships in Brazil. You got Shad Khan who has car parks and all that stuff going on. So there are a lot of guys that have other things. Obviously, we know what the Walton Parner family. Have that guy's worth eighty billion, go ten million dollars to him. Ain't nothing, but that's a substantial amount of money considering that. We still don't know what the arbitration is with John Gruden. John Gruden had three years on that deal, right, No, John Gruden had like six years on that deal, six or seven years. He signed a ten year deal for one hundred million. They had six, like six seven years, so he had sixty seventy million. Arbitration is coming. Okay, they had a coach after him. They fired him, Oh, Josh McDaniels. So they got Josh McDaniel's on the payroll. Okay, you just had ap Ap had decided at least a three year deal, so you got him on the payroll. So you still got a damn near probably eighty ninety million dollars in coaches that don't coach for you, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And I think earlier this year the NFL issued a memo about all this guaranteed money coaches and players. They let Russ go thirty plus million. Kirk Cousin, We're gonna see what's happening. We see a lot of coaches being and players being let go with a substantial amount of guaranteed money still on the books. But the Raiders got to delug the Raiders are Things are better when the Raiders are good. There are certain teams that you know, you the old the Old Guard, the Steelers doing well, the Broncos all of a sudden come back. Yeah you want you know, anytime you got the great quarterbacks, you got my homes, you got Lamar, Josh Allen, you got golf. It's better when you have the But the old Guards, those fans show up. Steelers, they're gonna show up in Baltimore. But the Broncos they show up teams like that to travel. The Packers they show up and so But the Raiders need to get this thing figured out. The NFL will consider replacing the on sidekick with an alternative proposal that has been mentioned in the year's past. Instead of attempting the on sidekick, teams would get one down to convert fourth and twenty and if they get twenty yards, they would maintain a possession of the ball. Joe, how many times you see the team pick up for twenty yards?
Speaker 1: That ain't nothing, hey, But I'm just saying the difficulty and getting twenty yards and one shot is very very very rare.
Speaker 3: So they so so then they don't they don't pick up. So you ain't never seen nobody get twenty yards.
Speaker 6: It's very rare. It can happen, it happens.
Speaker 3: How many how on that?
Speaker 7: You know? How many?
Speaker 6: How many plays?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 6: How many?
Speaker 3: How many plays?
Speaker 6: How many players in the playbook for four?
Speaker 3: Yeah? How many? How many? How many will we fit the fined out? On average? How many twenty yard plays happened in an NFL game?
Speaker 6: It ain't And I know one thing, it ain't gonna be many.
Speaker 3: He Joe, Guess what happened? Guess what happened?
Speaker 2: You get a penalty, You get a holding penalty, indental contact, illegal hands to the faith.
Speaker 3: Faith.
Speaker 6: You have to rely on that happening. You have to hope that happens. You have to hope that happened.
Speaker 2: So let me ask you a question. How did we not see penoties of the night? You saw two of them?
Speaker 3: That Guess what? It negated? An interception?
Speaker 6: Hold on? Hold on.
Speaker 1: We're saying fourth and twenty eliminated on site kick off in hopes that there's a penalty on the play.
Speaker 6: What if you don't get the penalty.
Speaker 2: Okay, Oh oh Joe, think about what you just said. What if you don't get to play, but we'll get to think about it. Oh what if there's no holding call?
Speaker 3: I'd rather what you what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Do you think do you think the on side kick, the conventional on side kick is more or less difficult than a fourth and twenty play, which is more difficult.
Speaker 6: To happening.
Speaker 8: Kick.
Speaker 1: You got a kicker that knows how to kick the goddamn ball and they have the third bounce to go up in there. You know what the problem is, The goddamn kickers don't know how to make the goddamn ball bounce. Listen, let me let me let me say something, especially to the chat people need to understand what the on side kick is supposed to look like. The kicker is supposed to kick the ball. It's supposed to hit the ground on the third bounce. The ball is supposed to bounce and go up. Nobody, nobody is perfected that yet for some guy, Henry, I don't know why, because the on.
Speaker 5: Side kick is supposed to be basically, what's.
Speaker 2: The what's the before you do that? What's the on side conversion rate? Give me the on side conversion rate.
Speaker 5: Hey, you know, you know you know what I'm talkbru. I know you've seen the on side kick the right way run.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yes, yes, I know.
Speaker 1: You take that bounds all the way up and it basically becomes the jump off.
Speaker 6: But nobody's been able to do it. I'm not sure what the kickers are doing these days.
Speaker 3: Oh Joe.
Speaker 2: Last year, the league issued a total of four hundred and nineteen fins for the regular season and postseason through week seventeen. This year, they've already issued four hundred and eighty four. That's a one point one seven percent increase. Now, we hadn't even gotten to the playoffs. We got wild Card Division Championship and the Super Bowl, so we still got four more weeks. You already know this thing go by. This thing might be five fifty. This thing might be five fifty, might be close to six. Monday, o't yoke.
Speaker 1: There's certain things you can't take out of the game. You get, you get, you get. You can have as many men that you want to, you can. You can talk until your red in the goddamn face. The game of the game of football has played a certain way. There's certain things you can't take out of it. You're already taking the physicality out of the game. Now you're trying to take the culture and the way and the style in which in which eighty percent of the certain types.
Speaker 6: Of players are in there, the way they play it. There's only so much you can do. There's only so much you can do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, look, some pill's gonna happen as an offensive. Libey, you talk. If you get beat tackling, don't let that man hit your quarterback. Don't let that man hit your quarterback. Hey, DV. If you beat hey, don't you give up? No touchdown? Hey, okay, if it's a spot if it's a spot file, it's a spot file. We might get a a we might get a fumble, but we can't recover. Hey, they're gonna get a touchdown if you give just give up. No p I And I'm just I'm just being honest with you. I'm not gonna listen. I'm not gonna if you.
Speaker 3: If I get to be clean, you're not going to hit my quarterback, I will tackle you.
Speaker 2: I know they're gonna throw a flag, but I'm okay with that because guess what, you didn't do hit my quarterback in the back and he full of the ball. That's not gonna happen. So you just have to understand certain penalties. You just got to accept a good job.
Speaker 3: Son. That's the way. Not let it hit less.
Speaker 2: That's the way to not let our quarterback get hit. Some things are gonna happen. The Patriots have hired Mike Brabel as the next head coach. Robert Kraft will replace one of his former players with another and hopes to improve the results. Vrabel is the first coach since nineteen fifty to directly succeed another coach where both played together in the NFL as teammates since far As Greg took over for Bart Starr as.
Speaker 3: The Packers head coach in nineteen eighty four.
Speaker 2: There might be a possibility to bring Josh McDaniels back as offensive coordinator. Considering that Josh, before we talk about Mike Rabel, it seems to me the only place Josh McDaniels can have success is in New England.
Speaker 6: Wait a minute, will stop right there.
Speaker 1: The only place johns mcdame could have success is in New England when he has Tom Brady at the helm.
Speaker 2: Well, he did go to the playoffs when he had a Matt Jones. Remember Matt Jones' rookie year. He had Matt that went ten and six. Then he goes to remember, he goes to the Raiders. He made the Raiders job. Coach Belichick had this brilliant idea that I think Bill O'Brien was the coach for one year, and then Bill O'Brien leaves, and then he has two of his slappy homies come in there. Matt Patricia and Joe Judge, guys that have never called an offensive play at all their life. One of the special Teams coach. The other is a DC and you know what, our first round draft pick as a quarterback that made the Pro Bowl as a rookie that ended up taking us to the playoffs. We want to have two guys in his ear that's never ever called an offensive play. Yeah, what do you think about this? For me, I'm disappointed that mister Kraft did not give Gerardmeo more time. It'd be interesting to see if Brabel struggles and not have a great record. The likelihood of him moving on with Brabel after year is not very likely. No, everybody else that mister Craft has had not grated he had coach Belichick from two thousand until twenty twenty three. Right twenty four, but coach Belichick was five and eleven. He got another pick, he got the Grace Pard. Next year, we know what happened to win the Super Bowl and they take off. But do you like the hire of Mike Brabel?
Speaker 6: I mean I like it.
Speaker 3: I like it, but.
Speaker 6: I don't see much changing.
Speaker 1: I don't see much changing depending on how the draft go, depending on what they getting creating. See then that you get some pieces in there that could help defensively, that can help offensively, things might change, but I don't see it to be a quick turnaround that fast. I've never seen the team turn around that fast. The quarterback position, obviously, Drake may is good. He showed flashes of brilliance. Then he's had some luss Obviously, you get that with a rookie quarterback. Depending on his growth and how much better he gets from from now to next season, then I think.
Speaker 6: Things will be okay for them.
Speaker 1: But I don't see him making that kind of jump where it just changes the dynamic of that team in general, and all of a sudden they turned around and win ten eleven some games. No it's not gonna happen, but if they can. If they do have a losing season again, the leash for Rabel will be much longer than the leash for Gerondmeo.
Speaker 6: The volume