Speaker 1: Today, we call a woman who hung out with her best friend the other day. Yeah, they went around town shopping, grabbing food together, had so much fun. And after her friend said, I want to do a prank call on her because I think she'd laugh. But I didn't see her do anything wrong or weird. That's why we prank her on something that she actually did very right. You'll hear it in your phone tapp right now.
Speaker 2: Hello.
Speaker 1: Hi, my name is Scurf Plankman. I'm looking to speak with Valencia.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, I'm not interested. Please take me off your call age.
Speaker 1: Oh no, ma'am, I'm not selling anything. I'm calling on behalf of the Urban Vehicle Excellent Society or UVEES for short. Oh, I'm actually reaching out to personally congratulate you because you've been nominated for our Outstanding Local Parallel Parking Award Residential Block.
Speaker 2: Division Local Parallel Parking Award.
Speaker 1: Yes, congratulations. We work with the city on giving out awards for the best parking jobs. And one of our spotters saw you park the other day on twenty sixth in Holman and you thought that was good. Well, the spotter thought so, and he forwarded us the video. I watched it. It's amazing.
Speaker 2: Oh there's video of me parallel parking.
Speaker 1: Yes, we saw the whole thing. You had the nose angled ever so slightly rear tire four inches from the curb, and your turn signal was still gently blinking. Yes.
Speaker 2: I don't know what to say.
Speaker 1: You don't have to say anything. I mean, personally, we call that the humble flex. You nailed it ten out of ten, thank you? Yeah, absolutely, textbook. Honestly, it made our group chat.
Speaker 2: There's a group chat about my parking job.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah. You wouldn't believe how many people out there are just horrible parkers. So we're just trying to educate the masses, and right now you are our number one shining star. Oh I feel honored just talking to you.
Speaker 2: I'm honestly not that good.
Speaker 1: I just oh god, lets you come on. You don't have to be modest again. I saw the video. You deserve your flowers.
Speaker 2: Okay, So what happens next?
Speaker 1: Well, in order to officially confirm your award, we would love to have you recreate that parking job while we film you. Why, just for training purposes?
Speaker 2: Wait? Wait wait, you want me to repark my car for you to record and train others.
Speaker 1: Yes, in the same spot, same speed. We're also going to be filming your competition competition. Yeah, there's other people that are vying for the award. A retired man in Des Moines is going up against you currently in the rankings, but we have to officially run the competition. You have to beat out Dale in his buickless.
Speaker 2: Saber jill is buick.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's seventy years old.
Speaker 2: So I'm going against old man in a parallel parking competition.
Speaker 1: It's almost too easy.
Speaker 2: This is insane. If someone wins, what's surprised? What did they get?
Speaker 1: Oh, Sophy, you're not gonna believe this? Are you ready?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 1: I am okay. Third place winner is five hundred dollars.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, five hundred dollars for parallel parking.
Speaker 1: That's right now. If you get to second place, that goes up to five thousand dollars cash.
Speaker 2: Are you freaking hitting me? Five thousand dollars?
Speaker 1: I know, it's amazing. And then if you get first place, and I think you got a great shot at this, any guests on what you're gonna win, toss out a guess ten thousand. No, it's better.
Speaker 2: Are you serious, fifty thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, not fifty thousand dollars a prank phone call on the radio. Oh what a prank that your friend Tricia's that you up for the one that's happening right now. Wait, because you're on the radio with Brooke and Jeffrey right now, we're doing a phone tap on you.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 1: Well, apparently you're pretty good, at least according to your friend Tricia. She said she was with you.
Speaker 2: I can't believe that.
Speaker 1: She couldn't believe how well you parallel parked. Honestly, Valencia, you have a gift or did you just get lucky?
Speaker 2: At one time it was good, but I don't think I could do it again.
Speaker 1: Come on, you could beat out a seventy year old in a buickless saber.
Speaker 2: I definitely could take that down.
Speaker 1: He needs the ten thousand dollars cash to get a hit replacement. Oh, come on, don't take that away from him. Because every morning with phone taps weekday mornings on the twenties, Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning