Speaker 1: We did it.
Speaker 2: We've been back a whole week and we finally got you a new episode.
Speaker 3: Yes, I warm up a little bit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Yeah, you're.
Speaker 3: Gonna love this one.
Speaker 2: It's very special because it is I don't want to spoil it, but an awkward Thursday folkus.
Speaker 4: Yes, spoil.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you definitely did. There's a lot more drama about to happen.
Speaker 3: That's true.
Speaker 4: You'll get over it, but.
Speaker 1: I hope you enjoy our first new one of twenty twenty six. Yeah. No, thanks for being here. Yeah for sure. And hey, comments, what do you got?
Speaker 5: Yeah, Leah said, I'm currently going through every single episode on Spotify because I did it on Apple Podcast.
Speaker 2: But they didn't do Wrapped at the end of the year, so all my hard work was for nothing.
Speaker 3: Apple doesn't do a wrap. They're the only company I've got a wrap from everything.
Speaker 1: I know if I started it, Yeah.
Speaker 3: They really started it all like Instagrams like look at your ear? I'm like yeah what?
Speaker 1: And Uber did wrap too.
Speaker 3: Yeah. By the way, I'm a top like five percent for DENTI fun in the Old Country.
Speaker 1: Yeah wow, by the way, no one is shocked by Yeah, I know you very well.
Speaker 4: All right, let's get into it.
Speaker 2: Your first brand new episode of twenty six starts right now.
Speaker 4: When Brooke drives across the bridge from her home to work every morning, she considers her relationship officially long distance. Anything just from that point, different bros and different area codes. Am I right Brook?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 4: Lachris motto, that's Brook's way. Well, one of our listeners hopes that's not the case with his long distance partner, Caes.
Speaker 1: He go over two bridges.
Speaker 4: Oh no, maybe more And something has definitely changed in the last month. So we're going to try to help him get to the bottom of it in a special awkward Thursday phone call. Lovely, we'll do it next. It's awkward, it's Thursday. It's awkward Thursday phone call. It's only the highest quality. Yeah, And Teddy Roosevelts, the twenty sixth President of the United States and part time dating coach, once said, never knew that he was. He said, a healthy relationship is like a well run costco.
Speaker 1: The costco is, Yeah, you.
Speaker 4: Gotta have clear rules, members only, and if you behave right, they might let you sample the goods.
Speaker 2: I learned history on the show wows.
Speaker 4: But just like at Costco, all it takes is one tiny issue in your relationship. One gallon tub of mayo knocked off onto the floor, one receipt dropped at the hot dog food court before checkout, and next thing you know, they're calling managers. Suddenly you can't leave and the whole store is thrown into chaos. Oh, and nobody wants their relationship to be a chaotic receiptless costco go right, I.
Speaker 1: Mean, they won't let you out without the receipt. So I get what you're saying. That recep.
Speaker 4: Teddy Roosevelt jail so wise and that's why our listener, Coop has emailed us for help. Cooper, is that how you're feeling? Does that analogy work to describe your relationship?
Speaker 7: Uh?
Speaker 8: You know, it was very specific, and I.
Speaker 2: Appreciate It's like, I'm trying to figure out what it means.
Speaker 3: Yeah, spend some time on you and that's all.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 4: The bottom line is it sounds like there's an issue in your relationship and you're worried about it.
Speaker 8: That's true.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, all right, So let's get into the details about that. Tell us what's going on.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so my girlfriend and I we've been together about.
Speaker 8: A year and a half.
Speaker 4: Okay, what's her name?
Speaker 8: Her name is Danelle.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 2: That's always like an important time period for a relationship, like a year and.
Speaker 1: A half, it is like, are we really doing this or is that fun?
Speaker 3: Your mark is big, and an year and a half you're like, we're.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay.
Speaker 5: So that's kind of how I felt about the year for sure, okay. And I felt like we were in a really good place, in a good enough place that when I saw a job opportunity come up that was in a different city, I thought that we could take it. And we've been doing long distance for this back half of our relationship to.
Speaker 3: Move with you. You moved and you're doing long distance.
Speaker 8: That's exactly right. No, we weren't there yet.
Speaker 1: Okay, I like temporary long distance or forever long distance. They don't know.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean I'm hoping it's not forever, Like this was supposed to sort of be a transition period.
Speaker 1: Okay, I assume since you're still together. She was on board initially.
Speaker 5: Absolutely, and everything was going pretty well except for as of recently, just like the last couple of weeks, she's been acting different, I guess.
Speaker 4: Okay, different mean different.
Speaker 8: So she used to like, I mean, I don't sound bad, but like she's a check off on me, like.
Speaker 1: All the time, like via text or calls or whatever.
Speaker 9: Yeah, and like checking up on where I was, what I was doing, who I'm with. And then like it was like a switch flicked and now she hardly does it at all, and I kind of like I miss those check ins.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's nice to have a girl nagging you all the time. I don't trust you. Tell me what's going on.
Speaker 3: She's thinking about you every couple hours, you get, Hey, what you doing?
Speaker 1: You felt connected?
Speaker 4: Yeah, do a scan of the room right now and let me know there's no other women there.
Speaker 1: I don't think that's what he means.
Speaker 4: It's romantic.
Speaker 7: I think that was a part of it, for sure.
Speaker 8: It was some insecurity for sure.
Speaker 4: That you mean stopped because that's a good time.
Speaker 1: Has she been going to therapy and the therapy is working.
Speaker 4: Don't joke like that about his girlfriend broke? Come on, it's funny when I say it, but when you're doing it's too far. Okay, So you're saying that that change, that shift in her behavior started happening a couple of weeks ago. What's going through your mind now, like where are you at?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm wondering, like to what's going on or like the anxiety of it all. My worst fear is that there's like some other guys who's trying to step in and it's taking her focus.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, your girlfriend was jealous.
Speaker 2: Now she's not jealous, So now you're jealous that maybe something's going on with her.
Speaker 3: That's called a toxic relationship.
Speaker 8: That something's off is all?
Speaker 4: Something's off off?
Speaker 3: Did you know her more than anybody? So you feel a.
Speaker 1: Shift and so you haven't talked to her about this at all.
Speaker 8: I've tried.
Speaker 5: I mean I've tried to sort of like subtenly make that suggestion that something has changed. But I feel like I've not managed to gross the topic. And that's sort of why I'm.
Speaker 2: Here with you guys, because how can you say, why aren't you worried?
Speaker 1: I'm with other women?
Speaker 3: Yeah, and just saying everything Okay, it's too generic.
Speaker 4: The other way we used to have such a lack of trust.
Speaker 9: Well, I thought you guys.
Speaker 5: Could help me sort of like sort of do a harder push to open up and tell me like what's really going on?
Speaker 4: Okay, you need your girlfriend to really open up, and you're hoping that we the advice to make her do that.
Speaker 8: Clearly what I'm doing isn't working. So yeah, okay.
Speaker 2: And okill that Like you want to know if she's seen someone else?
Speaker 1: It sounds like do.
Speaker 4: You not want him to find that out if he's talking.
Speaker 2: The other I mean, my advice is different, So I need to know, like what's our angle here?
Speaker 1: Is it just what changed? Or is it other people?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's a cheating investigation. Yes, okay, what change?
Speaker 3: And why are you cheating on me?
Speaker 5: Accusation? I mean, I certainly hope she's not seeing other people, but I missed her possessiveness.
Speaker 7: I like that.
Speaker 1: We're just saying it out loud sentence.
Speaker 4: That's super clear. Now, okay, we'll come back. We will give you our advice and help you call your long distance girlfriend to find out why she's not being more clingy and more possessive over years.
Speaker 3: Whose phone is this?
Speaker 4: And we'll do it in your special awkward Thursday phone right after this.
Speaker 6: It's awkward.
Speaker 4: It's Thursday.
Speaker 3: It's awkward.
Speaker 4: Third, why can't women be more possessive and untrusting of their long distance boyfriends?
Speaker 3: So many girls are like preachable.
Speaker 4: I've always thought this. If they were more controlling, then we wouldn't even need to help. Our listener, Cooper today with his long distance lady Janelle, not.
Speaker 1: Believe this is what he's asking for, but it's.
Speaker 4: True because in the last few weeks, he says, Danelle has not been as possessive over him as before.
Speaker 1: Those are like not at all.
Speaker 4: Those are his words, not ours, And it feels weird to him because usually she's always checking in, like where are you, who are you with? Prove it to me, and that has not been the case as much anymore.
Speaker 1: Hold up a newspaper, show me the date.
Speaker 4: So naturally he's worried about it and concerned that maybe she could be interested in somebody else.
Speaker 2: I mean, I will say a shift in behavior at any in any way in a relationship can indicate.
Speaker 4: That, yeah, people need to stay the same forever. Is a good point, Broke.
Speaker 3: It's a drastic shift.
Speaker 4: The bottom line is long distance stuff is hard, and so we need to help him fix it. How do we do that, Brook, what's your advice?
Speaker 1: I think you smoke her out?
Speaker 2: Okay, no, not like that, like you know, like someone in a hole and you smoke may anyway, maybe use use the wrong analogy. Yes, Teddy Roosevelt, do the metaphors, but you scare her right like you, I'm serious. You bring up whatever it is to you that would bring your relationship to the next level. Maybe it's her moving to the town you're living in, or an engagement or getting an apartment.
Speaker 1: Together, because that shift in a relationship. If she is cheating, she'll back off like I can't do that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, smart?
Speaker 4: Does that advice make sense to you, Cooper or you as confused design?
Speaker 5: I kind of hear that, but I'm scared that if I do that, she'll lead into that because I'm definitely I don't know that. I'm like, oh, ready.
Speaker 3: Accidentally is getting married.
Speaker 1: I thought you were ready for her to like, Okay, he's.
Speaker 4: Trying to figure out where they're at in their relationship. Jose what's your advice?
Speaker 3: Bro? You just say, you know, what's funny living in a different city, especially the guys. They're way uglier here than the guys back at home. You're probably tempted, right right, then laugh and tell her I'm just kidding, But see what she says.
Speaker 4: Okay, you're trying to see if she's actually interested and they need the cute guys back home. She may say, how did you know framing it like a joke, Cooper, Do you see that emphasizes a joke.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I kind of see what you're saying. Maybe it's a good way to just like break the ice.
Speaker 4: I guess it. Yeah, I guess that's a different way to smoke her out.
Speaker 2: As Brooke would say, again, not what you think, Jose so funny.
Speaker 4: Anyway, we are going to call your girlfriend Nanell here. Do you feel ready? You feel prepared with the advice that we gave you, Cooper.
Speaker 8: I mean, it isn't going to be easy, but yeah, I mean I'm here to do bath.
Speaker 3: Okay, good luck, brother.
Speaker 4: We got your back. Whatever happens, I'm gonna dial it right now and let you call your girlfriend. Good luck.
Speaker 6: Hello. Hey, uh no, hey, hey, what what's up? What are you doing?
Speaker 7: Uh?
Speaker 8: I'm here calling you?
Speaker 6: Okay, I mean I know I'm at work right now.
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, no, I know. I just I wanted to connect with you. I I had this funny thought.
Speaker 6: Okay.
Speaker 7: You know the people in the city where I'm at now, especially the guys, they are a lot uglier than back home. What just you You must be tempted all the time with the guys in our back home, right, what are.
Speaker 8: You talking about?
Speaker 6: I'm sorry? What are you talking about?
Speaker 8: I'm sorry? I thought it would be a fun way to like to jump into like a harder topic.
Speaker 6: I mean, okay, I don't know. What do you want to talk? I'm fine? What do you want to talk about?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 5: No, I just feel like, uh, like things between us that been feeling.
Speaker 8: A little different lately, and I don't know why.
Speaker 5: I just wanted to like to say, before anything else happens, like I don't want them to be different.
Speaker 8: Really yeah, really, so why do you sound like that? It's like you don't trust me. You're like you're thinking about somebody else or something.
Speaker 6: Okay, you know what, I didn't really want to do this right now, but I do think we just need to be honest. We see each other and say what's happening exactly?
Speaker 8: Yes? No, thank you?
Speaker 2: What? So?
Speaker 7: Like?
Speaker 8: What is happening?
Speaker 6: Here's what's happening. A few weeks ago, I was trying to call you in you weren't answering, okay, and you know we share a location with each other, so I knew you weren't at the apartment.
Speaker 8: I know we yoh no, we alread talked about this. I was at my coworker's place. It's Corey, you remember, mm hmm, I remember.
Speaker 6: And that's why I found Corey's email at your work and I sent him a message asking if you were there, and he answered me the next day and said, no, you weren't.
Speaker 8: Oh what sorry? Why would you email him without asking me?
Speaker 6: That's that's what that's your response. You don't think a better question? Why would you lie to me?
Speaker 8: Okay? I don't know why Corey's not telling you the truth.
Speaker 6: You're the one not telling you the truth? You like, have you been with someone else?
Speaker 8: No? I mean double not anymore?
Speaker 3: What happened? No more?
Speaker 6: What is happening? Why are there other people on this line?
Speaker 4: Was cheating?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Danell?
Speaker 4: Hey, you're on the radio right now with a show called Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning. This is called an awkward Tuesday phone awkward Thursday phone call.
Speaker 3: Good morning, Cooper.
Speaker 6: What the hell are you doing calling a radio station about this exactly?
Speaker 4: Why would you ask for her help?
Speaker 8: What are you doing checking my location and invading my personal faith.
Speaker 4: That you said she wasn't possessive enough.
Speaker 3: I told you they were talking.
Speaker 1: You have a girl who tracks you that thought you.
Speaker 3: Could get away with cheating.
Speaker 1: Did you cheat, Cooper?
Speaker 9: It wasn't like that.
Speaker 8: It was just a one time.
Speaker 5: There was a one time day. That is, Cory did lie to her. I was with him.
Speaker 6: So you cheated with though you were with the guy. Is that what you were saying?
Speaker 5: Yes, one time, that's it was. It's never gonna happen again.
Speaker 2: Okay with your coworker, Corey.
Speaker 8: I don't like that term cheating. Okay, we were experimenting.
Speaker 4: But didn't you say at the start of this the guys in your new town aren't as hot as the guys in your.
Speaker 1: I think it's more concerned it's a coworker.
Speaker 4: There's a lot of concerns that have been said, Cooper.
Speaker 2: Sorry, I mean obviously that's why she had a shift, is because she caught you.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I didn't know she knew anything. It was it was one time.
Speaker 2: Would you be okay if we called her and she's like, it was one time, Cooper.
Speaker 4: No big deal with her female co worker.
Speaker 8: I would totally forgive her for that.
Speaker 2: Understanding boyfriend, you know, Why did you wait to accuse him and confront him about this?
Speaker 6: Honestly, I just was curious to see how long it would take him to realize they messed up.
Speaker 2: Okay, what are you interested in forgiving him?
Speaker 6: I need some time to process. But like, I don't really see us coming back to this.
Speaker 1: Okay, Yeah, it's just a long distance. Do you get that trust back?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Okay, Cooper, I look, it's safe to say that you and your girlfriend are probably done after this.
Speaker 6: I think it's safe to say we're definitely done.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, okay, that's not the ending that Cooper was looking.
Speaker 5: All right.
Speaker 4: Look, I know this probably feels really bad right now, but it's not the worst thing. You're in a new city. Clearly, you're discovering things about yourself, and you have a lot to figure out. It might actually be the best thing that's ever happened to you going forward in your life.
Speaker 1: What I know.
Speaker 4: I'm a shocked.
Speaker 1: I thought that was really optimistic. I thought that was a good post breakup speech.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think he's texting Corey right now. Liked you blew it?
Speaker 2: You might.
Speaker 4: You might just need some time to really just let all the emotions process.
Speaker 8: The right way.
Speaker 2: Both.
Speaker 8: It's just such a bummer, like she was gonna come visit in like a week. We were we had all these plans and just the suck.
Speaker 1: But you did bring this on yourself though, Remember I agree.
Speaker 8: I mean, I have some tickets to a show coming up. I mean maybe I could see if Cooreo go.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I say, why not?
Speaker 4: Yeah he moved fast?
Speaker 6: Yeah, idiot?
Speaker 4: God, what's the show that you have tickets to?
Speaker 8: By the way, we I mean we were going to see Hello Dolly, that was a plan.
Speaker 4: And how we didn't see the signs of this earlier. Okay, point five Rook and Jeffrey In the morning, we're getting text coming into seventy five nine two. A lot of people are in shock over this one. I'll just read a few. This one says, OMG, what this guy gets what he deserves?
Speaker 1: It just so weird. Why contact us if you're trying to hide something because.
Speaker 3: You have dumb cheter and think they're never gonna get caught.
Speaker 1: He doesn't seem too sad though. No.
Speaker 4: A lot of time it's fine. If you think your significant other is cheating on you, it's a projection because you know, deep down you want to cheat or you have cheat.
Speaker 3: I've been one of those relationships too. I'm like, why do you always accuse me of this?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 4: Because I get it. Another person wrote in it doesn't matter if it's a one time experiment. If you're in a relationship, it counts as being unfaithful. Yeah, okay, according to you, not according to Cooper, one time is a one time only thing. This one says what city did he move to?
Speaker 2: It sounds funky, ugly people, I mean, sounds like quite the workplace. Yeah, I mean, Cooper's bringing the office te.
Speaker 4: Sure different type of team building happening now, but definitely an awkward ending there to your awkward Thursday. We only do those for special occasions. Definitely one of them. So make sure to follow our podcast for more wholesome content just like this wherever you get your podcasts at Brooke and Jeffrey