Speaker 1: Motherfucking mini episode, mini episode, motherfucking mini episode.
Speaker 2: At night, I dream of you. I want to be a lady bab Welcome to another phenomenal episode of My Mama told me. Oh, let me. It's not gonna pick up the slack phe Nope, nope, you had a chance, and and you blew it. The the podcast it dives deep into the pockets of black conspiracy theories and propile Neither of us are doing great this week. No, I'm not even gonna fit. I'm not gonna finish the intro. It's it's some other fucking mini episode.
Speaker 3: Oh my goodness. We're just trying over here. We're trying. It is a motherfucking mini episode. And you're hearing my voice and this is not like hermit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, how do you like that? Langston is at a sidewalk moonwalk sideways moonwalking class. He does it for exercise, very similar to a lot of you and your room buss and whatnot. And he left us Olivia and I to hold down the floor and read an email. And I'm I'm excited. This is this is a lot of Olivia. How do you feel about it?
Speaker 3: I'm feeling all right. I mean, I don't. I mean, first off, I just want to say how awesome the live show was this past Sunday.
Speaker 2: And oh it was very good. A lot of very off colored jokes.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, And I had people come up to me and man, this might be something you and Langston got to talk about. But they were like, Olivia, we're so glad that you're the researcher and you can rain them in. And I'm like, what, what the what the hell is that?
Speaker 2: Also, first of all, I need you to understand, if you're listening, and I know that I speak Lamba Apple Likeston, I can't be contained. I can't be managed exactly. I have no manager Langston too. Yeah, you cut out some stuff that we say that is probably a little too aggressive for the public.
Speaker 3: Yeah, But at the same time, it's like, how often I think the thing that threw me off was people being like, oh, the researcher, the researcher, And I'm like, I don't think Langston would appreciate if people are calling me the researcher because he's.
Speaker 2: The main guy doing He would not it would hurt his feelings. Uh yeah, No, that's I don't like the idea that they look at you as some kind of a you're a third part in this equally as problematic.
Speaker 3: Yes, I will say I take part of that. I think the best way to describe it as way back when we talked about the blow of it all, as how we described each other. I think you two dubbed me the bagheera of the group, which I'm like, Okay, that seems fair, Like that's fair.
Speaker 2: But you're still a Christiananigan's you love the club? I do? I do? I do?
Speaker 3: I do love the club. Okay, contact After some fun Shenanigans at JFL, I did make a proclamation of how much I do love the club, and I think I still do to this day.
Speaker 2: I think it's great that you love the clubs love we all love the club. Yeah, that's one thing people will get from this podcast. You want to listen to three mid to late thirties people who still love the club. My mama told me exactly.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And to that part, I can't be contained, just like a club girl will always be a club girl, and you just can't shake that out no matter the age.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Rat's gonna rat. Here's my question. Here's my question about the club. Before we get into the email have you ever? This is I like the club too, but I've never been like a take something off in the club, Like I never take off my shoes or like the top shirt or something like that. I always wanted to be a take it off in the club.
Speaker 3: I get Okay, I can see that. I okay, personally, I've never been taken off at the club, but I've witnessed them and they do have like a really like sense good sense of like a good time and the aura is there for them, like this isn't their first time doing this.
Speaker 2: It's beautiful, It's beautiful. I gotta take it off, but I'm still gonna stay in the club.
Speaker 3: Do you know what you would take off?
Speaker 2: Oh? In a perfect world.
Speaker 3: It's a perfect, perfect world.
Speaker 2: Perfect world. Okay, here's how I come in. I have a what do you call you're not supposed to call a white beeter on one? What do you call it?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 3: Isn't it a white tea white tank?
Speaker 2: Okay? I come in. I have a white tank. I have a button up over it right, Okay, this is a Caribbean club or island rhythms.
Speaker 3: Okay, like dance all night?
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, yeah, I start and I'm dancing. I noticed I get sweaty. I I'm button it and then I button. Now it's open and flowing. Then it comes off completely and I'm like, I'm like, I'm like moving it in the air, you know. Okay, and then by the end of the night it's around my neck almost like a cooling towel.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: And I'm just in a take took.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm digging that. And I assume, like this button up, like it's definitely like predetermined or is it kind of like a wild card, like it just depends.
Speaker 2: It will fit the moment. Okay. Maybe it's a part of a set. Maybe I'm wearing like a short set, like a colorful short set.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, okay.
Speaker 2: And then like a sneaker with no sock type of situation, no sock in the clothes, or I wear those I wear the low socks, but it looks like no sock got it because my feet it does too much damage to like a raw Nike. Yeah, you have to have like a barrier.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you got to keep those in checks, the like the good Nikes and all that, and don't want to ruin them in any way.
Speaker 2: And you know, if you're wearing ones, they get to stink in air Force one. After a while, you just have to throw them out because they get bad, even if you kept them clean. But anyways, we're not here to discuss how clean or dirty you keep your ones. We got an email that we're going to read, right, Yeah, i'll.
Speaker 3: Have you kick it off. But this comes from a listener named Evan, and yeah, I'll throw it to you BORI to read it.
Speaker 2: I guess I gotta do everything around here. Uh, I was gonna for the rest of this.
Speaker 3: I don't want this podcast to turn out where I end up taking it over. I gotta I gotta play that producer role. I gotta be like, hey, this is you and Langston's thing. I'm here to like bring in things when necessary because we don't. We don't want to one off to happen where it ends up beet that.
Speaker 2: Like, yeah, right, okay, that's fair. But just know if you want to, you can take your shoes off in the club.
Speaker 3: All right, get right. I think my my husband would say, don't encourage her.
Speaker 2: You should tell him to take his shirt off in the club.
Speaker 3: I will, I will next time.
Speaker 2: I feel like you could trick him into it. I feel like you can get in there.
Speaker 4: We're calling upon you because we have new merch. We have very exciting merch that we are now selling and it's it's fucking great. We love it so much.
Speaker 2: Just sleek, it's sexy.
Speaker 4: Come on, you want to tell them what we have.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we have three different types of hats, which is really fun. We have a two tone hat, an alien dad hat, the traditional logo in black and khaki. Then we have the enamel pin with an alien who has a coofie on it since my mama told me. And then we have t shirts that say proud little Mama, which is who you are.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you can buy the merch now, go to my mama told me dot merch table dot com. It's a brand new name, but it's the same old merch and we would love for you to get some if you haven't got it already, and we want you to have all the sweet stuff, so get it.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 2: Let me read this email. It is from Evan and says, hey, Lang, Sin and David. I guess that's an okay address. This is definitely not from my mom's because she's the sweetest woman alive and would never have a theory about the way people die. But I've heard this saying they come in threes in reference to celebrities deaths. Then this happened, and with other celebrity deaths recently, it was top of mind. What do y'all think? And he shows us set Eleanor Coppola, Roberto Covali, and Robert McNeil, which he co anchored a PBS evening newscast. I don't know if that's a celebrity.
Speaker 3: First we got to define, like what is celebrity? Are these celebrities?
Speaker 2: And this isn't me shooting on PBS news. I love PBS News like well, and I mean I like their actual news. Shout out to Judy Oh actually, okay, yeah, Judy Woodruff is on there. You me shall Sindor I think is her name. I probably butchered it. There's some good I like. I like non biased news. That's not the point. What I'm saying is I My mom says this too. By the way, do you is this a Do they have this in Latino culture.
Speaker 3: And Latino No, We're just highly superstitious, so we think like it's a calling from God or it's either having this is the complicated thing about Latinos. We have very close connection. Shit, this is a new segment, complicated issues in the Latino community.
Speaker 2: Your own Latino corner. I'm taking over the whole show like they do our jobs. But you can have your own corner, all.
Speaker 3: Right, all right, I will say, Okay, So the complicated things that we have is like we're most of us can't say all Latinos, but most are Catholics, most have been raised like with Catholicism. But also we also have that like brew ha like energy, like craft. Yeah, so it's like thinking about it as a community as a whole. I don't think it's like we look at threes, but we definitely are like looking at signs that could be signaling like a death to becoming or like even reviewing the signs after a death. Those those are things I think we're more in tuned with versus three consecutive deaths, if that makes sense.
Speaker 2: That makes sense to me. I think it's mad easy to see because this is what happens. I think that two people die or or one person dies, and you start looking for it, and then the timing gets loose and then you start being like, oh, I mean famous to me, I think that people die all the time. That's a fact.
Speaker 3: That's a fact. People die a free day.
Speaker 2: People get shot every day by And I think that, like, I think that, like it becomes really easy to be hyper focused on it because it doesn't come in threes. It comes into quads or quinns. If you're at tracking every person a note who dies, it's constant. It's a constant stream. You can always pick three. So as much as I like this idea, I think, if I were, I have to say so, I think that it's like, it's not so much that people die in threes as much as people die. You pay attention in threes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you pay attention. I feel like also, three is an odd number to I think people make more sense of odd numbers versus even numbers too, when like thinking of like a consecutive order to happen.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: I also think if we're talking about numbers, odd numbers are way more magical than even numbers.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's right true.
Speaker 2: There's nothing for ough. Yeah, get it away from me. That's the most normal ast number. Oh you just reason in two groups and two too easy? But five the fuck's going on? Why is it shaped like that? Yeah?
Speaker 3: I agree, with that completely. I will say like for the groups of deaths, there's definitely been like celebrity deaths where one has taken like more attention from the other. The one that first came to mind to me was when Farah Fawcett and Michael Jackson died, because I believe Sarah Fawcett died first, and like within twenty four hours, Michael Jackson died and everyone just like forgot about Sarah Fawcett.
Speaker 2: I didn't until I thought she was alive, until just now. I didn't really I remember because I've been thinking about her because Langston pulled up with those bangs.
Speaker 3: That's true. Oh my gosh. If you all haven't seen it now, Okay, well we know that. David earlier said that he was at a moonwalking side moonwalking class. In reality, he's been he's been working on John Mulaney's show Everybody's in La which it's so funny and like hilarious. And what David is referencing to is literally Langston did a segment about Terrence Howard.
Speaker 2: Yeah to that. Yeah, And you know what I love about you know what I love about it is that that's the best part about Langston. I feel like as soon as he saw that wig, he was like, I gotta get in there.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, Like he hit up the producer and was like, tell hair and makeup, they need to make this wig now.
Speaker 2: And then it's like, where is the wig now? It's in his home?
Speaker 3: Is at his home?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I was gonna say the wig is absolutely in his home. I'm sure Nicky has to hide the wig so Langston doesn't get a hold of it.
Speaker 2: Oh do you think he gets like wig crazy where it's like like, oh, it started out his fun role play, but now it's like, maybe you're too late to Terrence Howard.
Speaker 3: I can maybe see that happening. I can see that happening.
Speaker 2: I mean we got to do an episode where he puts it on, right. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, I feel like that's got to be like when you're back in Los Angeles, he has to put that wig back on, and you too, do like a podcast record.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't want to wear a costume, but I would like hear no.
Speaker 3: No, you wouldn't have to, but we would make Langston put on that way. Okay, yeah, yeah, these are just ideas we're throwing around. If the listeners the Little Mamas are feeling it, you know, hit us up over email and we'll make it happen. We'll make it happen perfect.
Speaker 2: And if you want me to wear something, go fuck yourself. No, I would wear a costume. I would wear a costume for you. I appreciate you all. And uh, I think we did it. Yeah, I think we did.
Speaker 3: Yeah, as we're like, did we do this?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think we did.
Speaker 3: I think we overall are like it's purely coincidental when celebrity deaths happen because celebrities are so much in our pergia, Like anytime we look at our phone, anytime we turn into the news, celebrity like news is there and it's always in the forefront of our mind. People know, like the US is a big celebrity like news consumer. So with that, it's like, oh, this is such a weird, like irotic thing happening of like celebrities dying in three But also at the same time, I think a further discussion is like, what do you consider a celebrity?
Speaker 2: Yes, exactly, And once again I do want to say I don't want to shit on PBS News shout out to you mischel Sindor. I think I said her name wrong earlier. I felt bad about that. I love what you're doing over there, love that they have a black person on BBS News. Also, Judy Woodreff, I love you anyways.
Speaker 3: Most informed. I feel like you're the most informed person that.
Speaker 2: Oh no, that's hilarious. I'd rather have this conversation before I have to out how ill informed I am.
Speaker 3: All right, all right, we'll wrap this. We'll wrap this baby up.
Speaker 2: Olivia. Would you like to tell people what they could find you?
Speaker 3: Oh, you'll find me here in my chair producing podcasts. Yeah, I mean like I produced. My mama told me, and it's one of my favorite shows to produce. And you know you can find me on social media. I'm not gonna plug it, but you can find me on social media.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we tager it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you tag me, it's there.
Speaker 2: If you could find that ex boyfriend, you could find Olivia.
Speaker 3: I promise absolutely. Also, I want to include it would be remiss if I didn't mention our amazing editor, Justin Smith. He makes sures that we get all our episodes up on the feed on time. He also does some research as well to make sure editing is flowing and making sure Linkston and David's voices are fine tuned. Soultiter you whatever you think or what you I guess what you end up consuming from this podcast And on the next mini episode we will have him on to discuss more emails with David and myself and it will be one mini episode you don't want to miss. And how about you? What do you have to plug?
Speaker 2: Oh? You know what, I would love it if you would sign up for my Patreon. I'm dropping my one hour self produced special. It's called Birth of a Nation with a G I'm taking it back.
Speaker 3: Hi, I love it. I love it so much.
Speaker 2: Oh wait till you see the poster. Also going to be available on the Patreon patreons for free. I'm gonna drop it on there. I got bonus content and backstage and some old product projects that I've done on there. So go to patreon dot com. Backslash David Bori, D A V I, D G B O R I E and Cool Guy Jokes on eighty seven on Instagram. Follow Langston as well at Sideways Moonwalk Forever on Instagram. No lang Sykurtman on all platforms, and uh yeah, I'm not great at the ends.
Speaker 3: No, it's it's all right, I mean, and how we all sign off? I feel like it's Langston saying bye.
Speaker 2: Bitch, Yeah, you do it, you want to do it?
Speaker 3: All right, I'll do it. I'll do I've been waiting for this moment.
Speaker 2: But do your best Lengthston impression.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, No, I'm not gonna come on.
Speaker 2: It's not racist. You're Latino, Matino.
Speaker 3: It's all Latino. If you want to send us your drops, your conspiracies, the reason why or what who you consider a celebrity is email us at Mamma pod at gmail dot com. Well, I think that's it, By bitch.
Speaker 1: There was due to a feces thrown all over the walls, the floor, the ceiling in a stunk so bad. The fucking minio mini episode, all the fucking mini episode. Well, the fucking mini episode, mini episode, all the fucking mini episode