Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys blowing out of the backfield, exploding down the sidelines.
Speaker 1: This is Hanging with the Boys, presented by Wing Stuff where Flavor gets its wings. Now, your hosts, Jesse Holly, Kurt Daniels, and Nate Newton, what's going on.
Speaker 3: Across the sea and it ain't not no that's allowed. Look at the Tostito Championship Plaza outside in front of the Ford Center where today it is a beautiful date. The highest eighty six degrees is currently eighty one degrees. We are kurtless today. You know what the you know the the fine print on those blue dim and pillows that Kurt takes that time and they say if it lasts more than forty eight hours to go see a medic curse at the doctor getting that checked out after his long weekend, so he couldn't join us today, He couldn't walk.
Speaker 4: Through the door. So he'll be out today.
Speaker 3: So you'll just have me and Nate and Chris will get you through this show today. But for Nate, for Jesse, for Chris, we make Hanging with the Boy the Sports Talk equivalent of broil people fee when we speak, your shirts have been yeah, past yeah, it's good on my skin. This thing is brought to you by Wingstop, where Flavor gets its wings. Before we get into any cowboys content, we have to take a moment to allow our good friend and brother, Nathaniel Newton a moment to mourn.
Speaker 4: Your Celtics took a loss last night. The how did you? You're a Florida boy? How did you become a Celtics fan?
Speaker 2: You want to hear this real story? Short? It's real short.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 2: I used to be like cheering for Philadelphia, but every time Philadelphia back in the day would play the Celtics. Well, I said, hey, you want a bet? I said, no, I don't bet be cause my dad was kind of really against Bettan And I said, you always go with the Celtics he said. He said, it's two reasons I go with the Celtics. He said, majority of time I'm winning. Y'all, don't take this wrong out there Radio Lab because y'all know who Nay It is or how I think. I said, why do you really go with the Celtics? He said, they're all white and they all could play and I'll go win every time. And I say well, and I said, well, I ain't the winner, no, because blacks, they're gonna vote against the white foks. Better getst the white folks, I said. And I watched them for year after year after year, just kidding. And then when back then there's when the championships too, with John Havlicek and a hundred up. Come on, man, come on, Jojo White, all those guys, Nate Tiny Archiball, Dave Cowvin's, all them guys. I used to be sitting there learning the names, and then I just fell in love. And he said you like him. I said, yeah, I like them because they win. He usual to look at me and I said, okay, you can say what you want. I have been to Celtic ever since.
Speaker 4: Man, whatever gets you to that place.
Speaker 3: The Celtics, after being down three zip rushed back, win three games in a row, get to a game seven and they lose to the Miami Heat, who, when you look at the Miami Heat, are a better team. The Celtics some more talented. The Miami Heat are a better team. And when you have the others step up. Last night, the guy Gabe Vincent, who was a G League player two way player stepped up twenty something, big points for them. He played out tun can help this team get Miami gets a tempts. And that takes me into this is what we call a professional segue. That takes me into our first topic of the day, Yes, sir, for the Dallas Cowboys, because you know, when you get to the National Football League, this is the krim de la crem right. This is whether you're the acc SEC, whether you're D one or D two, whether you're HBC, whatever it is, when you get to the National Football League, it is the best of the best, and it's the best of the best. All of these guys. You got all pros on all teams. You got all decade players on all these teams. You got all conference. I mean, you have all the best of the best on these football teams. And not only sometimes the most talented team wins it, but sometimes the better team wins it. And I think one of the key components for winning championships are the others, are the other guys on the football team. And we know the Michael Parsons, right, that's gonna be given. Yes, we know the quarterback the most important position on the football field. But when you look at this roster currently constructed, I know that we still have to go through some OTAs and I'm not I'm not foreshadowing injury, but just the way that it's currently constructed.
Speaker 4: What player or players on this.
Speaker 3: Current roster need to take the next big step? Like, what player or player is like all right, Dak's Dak right?
Speaker 4: Micah is Mike right? What players?
Speaker 3: What others on this current roster do you feel have to take the next step in order for this Cowboys team to find themselves in a place where your Celtics used to be, right Cowboys and your Cowboys? You know, I'm just saying that perennial until I pass it off to you.
Speaker 2: Okay, you got to hurry up.
Speaker 4: We got all day. It's just the time that that Kurt's out here. I have to eat up that time as well.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, come on, let's go.
Speaker 3: What player or players have to help the Cowboys get back to winning ring number six.
Speaker 2: To getting into the second round of the playoffs and win it? Because me, you do see that differently, It ain't that easy. I keep treasling, folks. Matt FOURNIOC Matt FOURNIOC guard. H he has to play sixty five three eleven. He has to come to play. He has to not be that injured guy. He has to make it through training camp. He has to force the coach his hands so much today, really give him, honest the goodness shot at that left guard. If we can do that right there, that give us a possible starter and definitely a backup that can play center too. So if we can get Matt fournioc to come in, stay healthy, develop into that. True, I would like for him to start, but I don't know how coach c Lauri feels about that. But that is the guy, and that is the one guy I'm gonna talk about all year.
Speaker 3: We got If he doesn't start, then he's a he's a valuable right now.
Speaker 2: No, he no, because he's a swing guy. You know, he's a swing guy. He's been playing the center. But we need for him to start because I'm projecting somewhere in there we're gonna have injury, be it Tyron be it uh still slow to come back. So now I'm trying to do in my mind the rest of the musical chairs. If they feel comfortable with him starting, then we can put uh Tyron at the right tackle and Tyler at the left guard, left tackle. You get what I'm saying. If he start, if Still is not ready. But if Still is ready, then you go with uh beyond it, you go with all Pro, you go with Still, You go with Tyrun at the left tackle and Tyler at the left guard. And then you still got center guard that's ready. And so that guy Matt has to step up. Now. Other guys, I'm just gonna wait till till it start, because I'm gonna beat this, and I'm gonna beat it this. If you have no offensive line, stop with your foolishness. If you have no offensive line, ladies and gentlemen, you're not gonna do anything. I don't care how good your quarterback is. I don't care how great your wide receivers are. You are doomed. So until we find out who that left guard is gonna be. You know, it could be one of the draftics. It could be, but they have to put this guy in training. Camp means more to this offensive line now this year than it ever has. It cannot be any days off for guys. If you ain't played at least six years in the league, seven years in the league. You should be tennant, coach. I don't need a day off. I'm serious, because it's a job to be one. That left guard is anybody who desires it. That left guard is anybody who desires it, you know. And I would be fighting for that if i'm I'm like coach, now, I'm good, you know. So that's my one guy, and that's my only guy I'm gonna be looking at.
Speaker 4: And that's not a bad that's not a bad place to go.
Speaker 3: And it's fitting right, it's fitting for you for the position for this team's success.
Speaker 4: We know that this quarterback.
Speaker 3: And this offense runs more efficiently, more smooth when he is able to be clean, yes, and when he's able to be clean up the middle, he when he has pressure in his face, when things are a little bit off kilter. Coming from that vantage point, it throws off what Dak Prescott wants to do. And especially now that this team is going primarily to this West Coast offense, it's more quick timing, this on pace type of offense. Having those guys in the middle held up, being being able to hold up to get the ball off accurately is going to be extremely imperative for this team's success. My guy is Sam Williams. My guy is Sam Williams. And the reason why my guy I think Sam Williams can be an extremely.
Speaker 4: His X factor ability. You can look at Sam.
Speaker 3: Williams that you can say the raw talent is there, the raw strength is there. But in a world where you can have a guy like Sam Williams who is strong, who's young, who's athletic, had four sacks last year, had fifteen solo tackles, seven assistant tackles last year. If Sam Williams finds hisself in a permanent place, now your rotation up front can be magical because we know what would you get Michael Parson. You can back him up at linebacker, you can have him.
Speaker 4: At rush in.
Speaker 3: You can use a guy like Sam Williams in the interior. Out side, you got guys like Tank. I mean, this can be a mash up. And then you can kind of insert Maszi Smith and and and and Big Hankins and that. You know, so if you want to kind of get into that. When when I used to play, the Giants had had the NASCAR package right, and it would be tuck uh Ocean Humena, a young J P. P. Chris Candy, I mean the boy I mean, I mean, and they were sometimes they would have six guys standing up the little Memba defense and and you look up and it's it's Candy, It's Tuck, it's.
Speaker 4: Ocean Humana, it's jp P and you like.
Speaker 3: And then they would leave him on a feel for like a pump block, and I had to come and I'm like, come on, please stop, guys. I think Sam Williams can give this defense that sort of flexibility if he takes that next step. And for him it's it's it's not the physical rates, not the physical tools. I think the biggest thing for him is the mental part of the game. And that's why I always talk about defensively. Give me the veteran defensive guys, because good defenses are made up of guys who have the ability to learn and to be able to move in different formations and configurations quickly quickly. If you can assess right now, that is defense. If you can read your keys, assess, go get the football. If you're thinking, you know this as a guard. If I can hook you, I got you. If I can get that, if I can get that lead leg up the field, I got you. But if you beat me to the point, I'm in for a dog fight all day long. And that's the mental part of the game, understanding down the distance, formations offenses. And then now if you've been around especially the Division, you've been around the division for a year, You've seen Philadelphia twice, You've seen New York twice, You've seen Wash twice. And now being able to take that information and that knowledge that you had and that you'll continue to gain, put that together and now thrust forward into the next season with the level of intelligence and information that you haven't had before. I think for Sam Williams, he can be a guy that can can can really wreck some things for opposing offenses coming from this defense.
Speaker 2: This is the amazing thing to add on what you're saying. If if Hanks and Mazie and Gallimore and Osa, because Osa is gonna be a three down guy, but if these other three guys I've mentioned do their job on first and second down and always have these guys and in passing situation, what you're saying, what you're saying can be devastating because that is what kind of happened early in the year. You know, before teams just figured out, Hey, we're going to just run regardless of what package they have in there, We're gonna run. But now when you can stop that run? I limited. Now this this NASCAR package you're talking about. And if Sam can mature, you know the word we're looking for here is mature.
Speaker 4: That's a great word.
Speaker 2: If he can mature and understand that body slamming folks on their neck.
Speaker 3: Like that, I like, like, that's the thing. It's like I can always dial with a player back. Yes, it's so hard to get a guy to get going. So we know that you have that.
Speaker 4: Sam.
Speaker 3: Now I just need you to use this and realize this isn't the WWF right, you can't batist the bomb a player.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying. They will protect the quarterback, saying Williams soon when you get there.
Speaker 3: If you if you feel like you ain't get there enough time, that up right, you know what I'm saying, Because those type of things will hurt you in the end.
Speaker 4: But I love the the I love that part.
Speaker 3: I love the fact that he's aggressive and he's physical and that that's always going to be a part of his game. All right, let's go to our first break of the show. We're gonna try this again. We tried it last week, but we weren't up live. I think we're up live and ready to go now. So in the third segment, we're gonna take calls. We want to hear from you A a A eight five five two two seven eight eight eight eight five five two two nine seven. But in the next segment, we've famously heard our boss, mister Jones said that he would.
Speaker 4: Write any.
Speaker 3: Amount of money in his check book to win a Super Bowl. Well, there may be a player out there right now that can catapult his team to winning a Super Bowl. Is our boss ready to to to really to really to really open up that check and write the money that he says this. We'll talk about a little bit more about that player when we come back from the break.
Speaker 4: This is hanging with the Boys. We'll be right back.
Speaker 5: Hey, Cowboys fans, ready to spice up your next watch party? Bring Yo Kiero guacamole be the game day hero. Yo kiro means I want and we know you want, great fresh tasting, ready to serve guacamole for your homegating and tailgating events, made with real avocados and the perfect blend of spices. It will be the star of any party. You can find us at your local Albertson's or Tom Thumb in the deli section. If you can't find it, talk to your store manager and tell them Yo Kiero, Yo Kiero guacamole.
Speaker 6: Star Sports Tours is the only efficient fan travel partner of the Dallas Cowboys, offering exclusive game weekend travel packages with pregame, sideline access and photo ops with current players, cheerleaders, and Cowboy legends. You want to stay at a team hotel, attend the best tail game party in Texas, tour the Star and talk x's and o's with me Everson Wallas. With Star Sports Tours, you can visit cowboystravel dot com to book your travel package today.
Speaker 7: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys. Blockchain dot com is one of the most trusted ways to buy, sell, and trade crypto. Whether you're always on the go or stay closer to home, blockchain dot com is just a few taps a weight put the power of crypto in your pocket, so no matter where you are, you can trade on your terms and build a crypto portfolio to fit your life. For crypto pros, rookies, and anyone in between. Blockchain dot Com makes it easy to own a piece of the future. Blockchain dot Com Trust it by millions, Trust it by America's team.
Speaker 8: Seed Gig has your back no matter what kind of fan you are. So whether you're a die hard fan or a don't really care fan, Oh we got them next time fan, or we'll never win again fan here for the tailgate fan or a first one through the gates fan. The seat Gig not only makes buying and selling tickets easier than ever before, they made just about everything else easier to So whether you're a here every week fan or haven't been here in years fan, seat Geek has you covered. Download the seat Geek, ap to the seat Gig, You're a ticket A great Seeds.
Speaker 4: Back to Hanging with the Bulls.
Speaker 3: Welcome back to Hanging with the Boys on this Tuesday off season addition, the Cowboys completed the OTA's last week. We'll continue to talk about it so more, but this segment is brought to you by Blockchain, Blockchain dot Com, also Tacos and Tunes. There's a new date Head to Middle Lighthouse at AT and T Stadium for the Dallas Cowboys Tacos and Tunes Festival was in it by Middle of Light. Reschedule to Saturday, June third, from three to eight pm. Enjoy a variety of tacos and food truck options while you sip on cold drinks, listen to live music and mission. The parking for this Dallas Cowboys Tacos and Tune Festival is free f R E E E, we love free.
Speaker 4: On this show.
Speaker 3: Visit at T Stadium dot com slash Tacos and Tunes for more information.
Speaker 4: Also June teenth, Yes.
Speaker 3: Juneteenth and eight, you went to an hpcuous for the Dallas Cowboys June teen celebration and partnership with middle Light Middle Liight boy, We love some middle Light around here.
Speaker 4: It's our title sponsor. We love you middle Light.
Speaker 3: At the middle Light House at and T Stadium on Saturday, June seventeenth from four to eight pm. Enjoy live entertainment, play long games, shop local black owned businesses. For more information, visit att Stadium dot com slash June teenth. Come on out there and shop black. Our boss mister Jones, Billionaire Jones, mogul hands and everything, but the Cowboys are his baby famously came out a few years ago and said, if you guys knew the amount of money that I would write in my checkbook to assure my team a super Bowl victory, it would be embarrassing. And year in the year out, we look at guys who come open on the free the free agent market, and you're going, boss, mister Jones, Jerry, general manager, owner, billionaire, there's a guy out there that, if you just write the check may be able to help us get, as you said too, out of the second round, in the second round victory. And we come to that offseason moment again. DeAndre Hopkins was released by the Arizona Cardinals a couple of days ago. They tried to find a trade partner for him and they just couldn't find one, and and Nuke. He kind of gave a couple said, you know, he wants he wants a stable front office, he wants a quarterback who loves the game, and he wants a championship defense. I think we have all those here, right. Do we have a stable front office? Yeah, we have a save from we have a state we don't have. We don't Our front office is not unhinged, like there's a lot of unhinged front office.
Speaker 4: Yeah, our quarterback loves football, you would agree, Yes, quarterback does right.
Speaker 3: And and we have what can be the makings of a championship defense. We added Stefan Gilmore, Michael Parsons is there, We drafted Mazzi Smith. I mean there are pieces in this defense that can be Trayvon Diggs.
Speaker 2: Let me say this, this dude has just tore a part the team he just left.
Speaker 4: Did he tear apart the team he just left though?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 4: Or was that again a wild This is this Arizona.
Speaker 2: He's one of the team that with a stable front office.
Speaker 3: Arizona is the same team who gave their head coach an extension and then fired him a couple months.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: Arizona is the same team.
Speaker 2: Stable office, a quarterback that is truly being questioned whether he loves to get.
Speaker 3: This is the front office put a clause in a contract to their star quarterback when they gave him one hundred and what did they give him one hundred and sixty million dollars guaranteed? And they said you high to study a certain amount of hours a week. And then they retracted that statement because it kind of got in the media and all that kind of stuff, and it's.
Speaker 2: Like, oh, he leaked into the media, the quarterback. And then whenever you get a great player, you know they has they've got some nice defensive pieces. I'm saying in my mind, when I first heard that this young man, and I know, we supposed to be talking cowboys, when I first heard that this young man I'm talking about the quarterback was not who you would want him to be, and it and it keeps popping up the same way. I mean, I have nothing against this kid. I seen this kid win his first high school game and saw him go undefeated, seeing him went to Texas Tech, transferred to Oklahoma and had an outstanding career. And that's when it first leaked that this kid was not a team friendly. And then he goes sit in the NFL in still when I hear fitz Jar say, not nothing really bad, but this guy's not team friendly. And now it is again. You make your living as a quarterback not handing it off. You make your living as a quarterback throwing it. This is the second great receiver that is left there. Now we can go ahead.
Speaker 3: Wow, so the Cardinals, this isn't a post June one cut. This is a flat out yes we taking it. We right on the chin, right, And so he's he's old. Let me see you here twenty seven twenty seven million dollars, twenty seven million dollars that he's old from the Cardinals. Now this is this is this can be a little bit of a double dipping situation because the Cardinals have to pay him what they owe him.
Speaker 4: That's right. So I don't know what DeAndre Hopkins thinking is.
Speaker 3: I don't and I don't if he's not a DFW residence resident. He spends a lot of time here saying he was. You know, he's been, He's been recorded training with dads a lot. He spends a lot of time. He recently was just starting the other day in DFW. A fan got a picture with him in DFW. So he spends a lot of time in this area. Yes, Jerry is the ultimate salesman, the ultimate salesman.
Speaker 2: Right right.
Speaker 3: And it can give you things outside of football that many other ownerships can't. Just the ability to know how to make money in a business. If I'm Jerry, if I'm mister Jones, I come to DeAndre and I go listen. We know what Arizona already owes you. You're getting that. Okay, Now, maybe we can't give you what we're what the Ravens gave because I think O'Nell Beckham set kind of the market of what the older free agent see who was gonna get. Maybe we can't give you what Baltimore gave Odell Beckham. What we can give you is stable front office, a quarterback who is in love with football, who is a great leader, who is someone who you want to associate yourself with, and you have pieces on that defense that can make this a championship defense.
Speaker 4: We've seen this.
Speaker 3: Defense for that portion of the year when Dak was out be an all time defense at all time defense for those five or six games, and you try to work out and then you go, hey, this is the Dallas Cowboys. So whatever off season ventures that you may have in business wise, I can.
Speaker 4: Help your son. I can enhance I can enhance that son.
Speaker 3: So while we may not be able to give you the fifteen sixteen million dollars, maybe we can give you somewhere. You know, maybe we can make an incentive Layton, maybe get you up to that point. If we get to where we need to get to But what I'm gonna do for you, what this fan base is gonna do for you, This can't be done anywhere else. Is that enough for Jerry for Is that enough for DeAndre Hopkins to say, you know what, mister Jones, I'll be a Huckleberry brother. I'll come along, I'll come alongside you. I'll come alongside you with with Ceedee Lamb, with with Brandon Cooks, with Michael Gallup, and I can be that other guy because and that's another option. You look up and you go, wait a second. Teams can't lock in on me anymore. If I come to the Dallas Cowboys, I'm looking there. There's a rising star in Ceedee Lamb, Right, there's Brandon Cooks, who's a gruse vet.
Speaker 4: There's a young guy Rchael Gollam.
Speaker 3: If he gets back to where he gets back to that, you mean to tell me how I can be out here a lot of times in single coverage that that's pretty enticing, that's pretty enticing. But does Jerry get to the point where it comes out to that check book of maximizing it, like don't insult him, Jerry, Like, don't don't give him a number. That's insulting. Give him a number that says we can't be that, but we could be this, and here with this comes along.
Speaker 5: Wow man.
Speaker 9: But Hopkins was projected, he was supposed to make fifteen point five million this year. He's probably not gonna get that in free agency, you know.
Speaker 3: At this point, right, And that's what I'm saying, like, don't insult him, don't don't don't say six. Don't say six. Don't say six. That's insulting to them, right, say ten.
Speaker 4: Say eleven.
Speaker 9: And also the twenty two million you're talking about, it's a dead cap hit.
Speaker 4: He's already been paid that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, not getting paid by.
Speaker 9: Make sure there's zero cast this year from Arizona going to him.
Speaker 2: So the thing is, I believe this fellas. We just went to Walt Disney World and you can get into fantasy Land, which I thought Odell Beckham was that was fantasy Land, or you can go to Adventureland and you can you can really see some of these things happening. I don't know how mister Jones do he really since he's made that statement years ago. But when he came, when he became free, I said to myself, could see thee Lamb staying this dude being in the room. That's the first thing I thought, because I know Brandon Cooks has played with great receivers before. And I'm saying, in my mind, boy, CD, can you just put it to the side for a year. It lets you, lets see what a real do, see what a beast could do. And I just couldn't make myself believe that Ceee Lamb could do that. Do you think he could do that?
Speaker 4: That's a great question. Because I'm with you, that's a great question.
Speaker 2: I text Isaiah, I said, Isaiah, they was talking about bringing the receiver. I say, what about this guy that's out there? Well, that's too much. Stop. I'm thinking the same thing you thinking. Mister Jones said, that's the piece. We got a young run stopper. We got an old grizzle run stopper. We got all these Maseratis over there. On this defense, we got Dan in this second third year. This thing is ready to explode. On defense, all we got to do is get a compliment. On the offense, we got high flying, we got speed all over the place, we got power offensive line. Just stay glued together. Man, This dude here, I see this dude catch balls. That's unbelievable. And that's what we didn't have last year, is that hardball catcher, that fifty to fifty ball catcher. We did not have that guy. This dude would do it one handed, two handed, behind the back with Jess.
Speaker 4: That's a great question.
Speaker 3: And I would like to believe in my heart of hearts that when it comes to Seede Lamb, that he realizes, or he truly realizes, that this is my football team from a wide receiver perspective, that I don the eighty eighth's that I'm next in line, that I've been here, I've showed the necessary progression that you want to see from a guy from his rookie year to now, and that whoever comes in here will never be above me, will be equal to or less than me, but will help this team get to the next level.
Speaker 8: I do.
Speaker 3: I think he's mature enough for that. I think Seedy Lamb is mature enough for that. I think the conversations that he and Dak would have would be listen, you still my guy, but he's gonna help you out as well.
Speaker 4: Because they can't double all of y'all. They can't double all of y'all.
Speaker 3: They can't figure out a plan that's gonna be able to stop all of y'all. It's like the it's like the Warriors when all the shooters are hitting. There's no defense that's gonna be able to stop. And everybody's on on their p's and q's.
Speaker 2: The thing is, and uh, your offense. A coordinator knows how to use all of this. Mike McCarthy knows how to use all of this.
Speaker 3: That's a great segment. Hold that thought right there, that's a great segue. We're gonna go to our final break of the show. We're gonna take your calls eight AA eight five five two two nine seven A A A eight five five two two nine seven The topic of discussion that we're taking calls on.
Speaker 4: You just said it.
Speaker 3: I already had on the list. See how we worked together like this, Mike McCarthy is thank you. Mike McCarthy is now resuming the play calling duties. He hasn't called play since he left Green Bay. He had that time where he was out of the league, came back in. Kella Moore is a play caller. How long will it take for Mike McCarthy to get back into that play calling groove. Will it cost the Cowboys games?
Speaker 4: Will he not?
Speaker 3: No understand how to kind of get guys going in the football games. We'll talk about that and we'll hear from the fans A A A A five five, two two, nine to seven. Right after this break, this is hanging with the boys. We'll be right back.
Speaker 5: Hey, Cowboys fans, ready to spice up your next watch party? Bring Yo Kiero guacamole and be the game day hero. Yo kiro means I want and we know you want. Great fresh tasting, ready to serve guacamole for your homegating and tailgating events. Made with real avocados and the perfect blend of spices. It will be the star of any party. You can find us at your local Albertson's or Tom Thumb in the deli section. If you can't find it, talk to your store manager and tell them Yo Kiiero, Yo Kiero Guacamole.
Speaker 8: Sid Gig has your back. No matter what kind of fan you are, So whether you're a die hard fan or a don't really care fan, Oh we got him next time fan, or we'll never win again fan. Here for the tailgate fan or a first one through the gates. Fan seat Gig not only makes buying and selling tickets easier than ever before, they made just about everything else easier to So, whether you're right here every week fan or haven't been here in years, fan seat gig as you covered, download the seat gig, ap to the seat Gig, You're a ticket the Great Seeds.
Speaker 7: I'm Doak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys. Blockchain dot Com is one of the most trusted ways to buy, sell, and trade crypto. Whether you're always on the go or stay closer to home, blockchain dot com is just a few types away put the power of crypto in your pocket, so no matter where you are, you can trade on your terms and build a crypto portfolio to fit your life.
Speaker 4: For crypto pros, rookies.
Speaker 7: And anyone in between, blockchain dot com makes it easy to own a piece of the future. Blockchain dot Com trusted by millions, trust it by America's team.
Speaker 6: Star Sports Tools is the only official fan travel partner of the Dallas Cowboys, offering exclusive game weekend travel packages with pregame, sideline access and photo ops with current players, cheerleaders, and Cowboy legends. You want to stay the Team Hotel, Attend the best tailed gay party in Texas. Tour the Star and talk ex's and o's with me Everson Walls. With Star Sports Tours. You can visit Cowboys Travel dot com to book your travel package today.
Speaker 4: Back to Hanging with the Bulls.
Speaker 3: Welcome back to hanging with the boys. We are in the off season. Addition, as we get closer and closer and closer and closer, football is in the air. Training camp. It's on the horizon. I can see it.
Speaker 4: School is out.
Speaker 3: That means we get closer to training camp. But we're taking your phone calls A A A A five five two two nine seven eight eight eight eight five five two two nine seven. Nate alluded to it in our live segment that this coaching staff, Mike McCarthy, who's now the full time play caller, he will be able if you added a guy like DeAndre Hopkins to this roster, he would be able to conf figure it where CD still ate and and Brandon Cooks ate and Hopkins ate and everybody was able to eat on this the term there's enough footballs to go around, and Mike McCarthy will be the guy that would be heading that chip and My question to the fans and my question to the callers is with Mike McCarthy not having called plays since I forget the date, just I'm literally just want a blank in my head since he was the head coach at Green Bay. Now getting back into that saddle, right because we've people question Mike McCarthy. People at time was like, man, what a terrible game manager with a terrible you know, in game person. Because sometimes, and I believe that sometimes when you do something so long and you change up, I think sometimes he just he loses the groove of the game. But when you're locked in as a play caller, you understand every scenario because that's how you call plays. Well, now he's back, he's back at calling plays. But is there you know when you say it's just like riding a bike, but when you learn how to ride a bike, you fall, You fall a couple of times. Will this cost the Cowboys or will he just say, you know what, I'm good.
Speaker 2: I'm the groove of the thing is jes all he has to do. And I learned this from Coach Johnson. I learned this from from you have to have that guy on your staff. And he was knocked a liver it in Green Bay for that time management. You go out and you get your time management guy. That's gonna come in your ear. You know the great parcels he kept him one. You know, Coach, this is what we talked about. This is your options. Give him options. This a coach possible time out here. You know what I'm saying. This is where we're at any game because he gets into a rhythm and doing what he's doing, so he can a lot of those things. I think you can remedy with the right guy who's with him the play who saying, Hey, Okay, I'm a coach. I'm not a coach, but I'm the time guy, right, I got you, and so coach, I think, coach, it'll take coach during the preseason. I think just do it during the preseason and he'll be all right.
Speaker 3: And nobody have more coaches than the coach staff than the Dallas Cowboys they got you got forty seven of them, all right, Chris?
Speaker 4: We got anybody on the phone lines, Yes we do.
Speaker 9: We have Mike and Newton, Iowa.
Speaker 4: Mike and Newton, Iowa. What's up? Brother? What was going on? Man? Do you think the question?
Speaker 10: Everything? I like what I see on offense and defense, and Mike McCartney's doing a really good job. I have to give these guys an a plus, really a plus. Especially you got a good running back that's an ankle breaker, and you got Turpin who's an ankle breaker. Are they going to put him on offense more? Because these guys are gonna be dangerous. I see, I see some good things here. I mean, is going to be on offensive more offense? That's my question because the guys, these guys are dangerous. I can see it, man, I can see it.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 3: Thank you, man, We appreciate the call all the way from Newton, Iowa. Will Turpin be more involved? Thanks for no answering our question, But will Turpin be more involved?
Speaker 2: By eighteen? He came in, but he came in. He told us that Mike McCarthy is gonna be all right, and I just think he will. Man, this is what I this is what I saw.
Speaker 4: This is the freaking mic that I've been waiting for. Right, this is the freaking mic.
Speaker 3: I don't know if there will come a point in time and this is I know this sounds crazy, but you're gonna have to make a decision because when you look at what they have in Deuce Van and they look what they have in Cavante Turpin, it's not enough room on his roster on game day for two really small guys.
Speaker 4: So who is a guy that you feel can give you.
Speaker 3: The best mismatch at that size because you already say it to yourself, Okay, I got City Lamb, who's my do it all guy? I got Brandon Cooks, who is my down the field guy. I got Michael Gallup, who can be my fifty to fifty guy. I don't know if they're gonna add anyone else, So what is my use offensively for.
Speaker 4: Turpin?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 3: Specialty plays? But that kind of gets almost played a little bit because every time you add, every time you put a guy like Turpin on the field and you don't use him, it's kind of almost like a wasted rep a little bit.
Speaker 4: But then you when you look at.
Speaker 3: A guy like Deuce Vaughn, you go, if I can get Deuce Vaughn in space against a linebacker or safety or nickel, we might have something. So it's gonna be That's gonna be one of the challenges for Mike McCarthy, which one of the smaller guys, do you feel gives you the best mismatch when it comes to the game planning on game day usage?
Speaker 4: Because I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't think there's enough room and enough plays to insert both of these guys into the mix.
Speaker 2: Let me tell you something. Away from sixty five to seventy players a game and all that said last year, you mean to me you can't find five plays for turping and uh Jess sweeps. I'm talking about quick screens. Uh you know, like I say, they use them in multiple ways.
Speaker 4: But see here's my TCU.
Speaker 3: But see here's my thing. They here's my thing. Do I want to throw a bubble screen to Turpin? Or do I want to throw a bubble screen at Brandon Cook's or Cee the Lamp?
Speaker 2: I thought you did? Look guy?
Speaker 4: Really?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't think.
Speaker 2: Okay, I just think this here.
Speaker 4: Yeah, go ahead.
Speaker 2: He stands back there on punts and he let you get this close to him and he fake you out. Okay, that's that's a covered corner. So you throw me the ball and you spending right there. I'm putting my money on him because I seen him do it on punt returns.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I also see him in open space running to a guy and get tackled in a playoff game.
Speaker 2: Brou So, I just I think, I think is eighteen thousand dollars of football. He had an off season this year. He understands the game has slowed down for him. He knows, but he can't. The thing that gets me is, as much as I love Deuce Vun, I know what this kid turfing is and everybody want to.
Speaker 3: We know, ye offensively, we know what he has specialty. There's a difference. Name, there is a difference. There's a difference.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it is a difference.
Speaker 4: It's a difference.
Speaker 2: They're coming up those guys. That's something that's that's cornerbacks and safetiest. They ain't coming up with the same viciousness these dudes coming down to field. We had to knock your head off of your head part return. Yeah, there is a difference. The bottom line is this kid turping can do more. Okay right now, okay, because he the game has slowed down for him, Deuce is gonna have to get a jested. Is they gonna give him enough reps in training camp? See, this is what we running around out here in our shorts.
Speaker 4: And that's a good good.
Speaker 2: You run around here in your shorts and you're looking quick and you're looking good. But what happened one of them hamhocks? When when Big Hankins wrapped that thing around your neck? Is you gonn? Is you going backwards? Is your helmet coming off? But I promise you turping is ready.
Speaker 8: Man.
Speaker 4: Okay, I'm with you. I'm with your mother.
Speaker 2: I'm not fighting, going with the nome. Okay, I'm going with the nome.
Speaker 4: I'm fighting your brother. I'm not fighting Chris. We got at the collar.
Speaker 9: Yeah, we have got Sam in Atlanta.
Speaker 4: Sam in the atl Show. They just got off the line.
Speaker 2: Come on, that was Sam. That's your boy, that's Sam Williams. Sam, Like, y'all put me on quick enough?
Speaker 9: Come mom?
Speaker 4: After that? All right, well that don't do it. Then we'll get out of here.
Speaker 2: Let me say this real quick, like, don't you underest to me. I'm not turfing, man.
Speaker 4: I'm not.
Speaker 3: But you said in training camp right, where is turping gonna get the reps unless someone gets hurt.
Speaker 2: If we don't sign Hopkins, he can get his.
Speaker 4: Rep where because see he gonna get his right. Cook's gonna get his right.
Speaker 3: They're gonna get They're gonna not gonna every day, They're not gonna practice the every gonna push Michael Gallup to get back to to some form of his Jaalen Tolbert is still a third round pick that they're not gonna just let fall by the wayside. They're gonna try to get value over the guy that they drafted in the third round, Jalen Smith.
Speaker 4: Come after that. Don't forget the training camp Darling.
Speaker 2: They think Mike MacArthur got all that time.
Speaker 4: Don't forget training camp.
Speaker 3: Darling that they had last year in Houston. He's still on this roster.
Speaker 2: You think Macarthur're gonna have all this free time?
Speaker 3: Okay, So all I'm saying is is that there's a better chance that Duce gets reps at running back in the equation with if anybody gonna rest, they're gonna rest Tony Pollard. So now you got Malik Davis, Ronald Jones, and Deuce. The list of the line to get reps is a lot shorter in the running back room than it is in the wide receiver room.
Speaker 4: Don't forget about Rico and Rico.
Speaker 2: You just got to extend it bout one.
Speaker 4: And then you want you want to add, send me to the next.
Speaker 5: Running back.
Speaker 3: If the line to the getting some playing time is there, the line is shorter in the running back room than this.
Speaker 2: All I'm trying to share with you is I'm going with the known versus the unknown, and you can't and Coach McCarthy, I don't know if he has another year in his contract, but this is it. So you're gonna be dasman around with something you don't know. It's cool with, you.
Speaker 3: Know, That's why they'll get more reps in training camp. All right, that'll do it for us today, Kurt. I hope you recover from that.
Speaker 2: You can take a shot.
Speaker 4: Man tweet that, Kurt. Make sure he's okay today, would you please?
Speaker 2: Yeah, he can get a chef.
Speaker 4: The oh, the fans.
Speaker 3: I'm off Twitter for a little while, so you text them and tweet them. Fans tweet Kurt he went to see the doctor. Twenty four hours of that thing over the weekend took one too many, but I'm pretty sure he had some fireworks happening at his crib. But we thank you all for joining us again. For Chris in the back, for Audio Jazz, for bro Willie bro William bro will All the Wills, All the Wills, Willie for Nate Newton. I am Zaddie Holly. This is hanging with the boys until next time. Good people, we out.
Speaker 2: It's a shot out there.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club