Speaker 1: You're listening to the Miami Dolphins Podcast Network.
Speaker 2: This is Drive Time with Travis Wingfield. Back to throw to a looking slips about.
Speaker 3: A wide Dolphin touchdown, ty Riquel, uncrelievable, just blue by it for.
Speaker 2: A second time. Don't know where he was going right away? Want to hit that man.
Speaker 3: I'm want to help you.
Speaker 2: Someone step on your man.
Speaker 3: Away Wattle, Wattle to a shotgun back to throw, looking at them's up myers touchdown.
Speaker 2: It's Waddle his sixth touchdown.
Speaker 4: Pat, how's the day?
Speaker 2: Drive Time with Travis Wingfield begins?
Speaker 3: Now check your pulse if you're not.
Speaker 2: What is up? Dolphins? And welcome to.
Speaker 3: The Draft Time podcast, part of the Miami Dolphins podcast Network, covering your team, your Miami Dolphins.
Speaker 2: How's it going? Everybody?
Speaker 3: I am your host, Travis Wingfield And on today's show, it is a recap of day number two. Tons of competition and a really strong showing from all three levels of the defense. We'll tell you how Cater Coohu and David Long Junior made a bunch of plays and hear from them as well. Tally all the pressures and TFLs from the front seven break down, quarterback to a tongue of Iiloa's day. We're gonna hear from Long and Cater, Jalen Waddle, Javon holland Braxon Barrios, and so much more from the Baptist Health Studios inside the Baptist Health Training Complex.
Speaker 2: This is the Draft Time podcast.
Speaker 3: May gaff first. No Coach mcdanielis warning we're gonna get him every other day, so that means more notes in the podcast for you guys. But I did take very very extensive notes on this day, and I'm pretty pumped up to.
Speaker 2: Talk about all of that.
Speaker 3: So we start the day with the news of the day and it's not great. We'll see what happens. I mean, we don't have word on just yet. But Jalen Ramsey exited practice towards the end of the day, was attended to by the trainers before exiting on a cart, and it was I would say ten minutes before the end of practice that he endured this injury. Got back up and went back down to the ground, walks over to the sideline and then gets looked at by trainers before practice ends, and then they lit him up on the cart and take him off, which is pretty commonplace when an injury happens like that towards the end of the day, so that's all we know.
Speaker 2: At the moment.
Speaker 3: He did make one of the best plays so far of the early training camp.
Speaker 2: Two days in.
Speaker 3: There was a look where Miami showed like press single high, like we're gonna bring the house, like one of the classic looks that you would see from the defense a year ago. And from there, that type of look typically indicates for you know, the quarterback for Tua, that you might have some one on one chances outside, and that's what he had going up against Jalen Wattle and Jalen Ramsey on this particular play. Sure enough, he saw it went after a quick throw out that way, but I thought Ramsey showed you why he's Jalen Ramsey on that play. He mirrors at the line, flips the hips, stays and fas gets his head back and pins waddle to the perimeter. They both went up for the ball and it was broken up. Very very good play and the Penguin Jalen Wattle touched on this interaction with Jalen a bit today after practic.
Speaker 4: I mean, it's great he had. He had a great play on me. Special play today on me today. So going out there and competing against a guy like that, that caliber each and every day, you don't got no choice but to bring it. And you know, uh, he's es specially he brings a different dynamic to our team. So it's always good playing with you know, great special players like that.
Speaker 3: And how about how Jalen has helped Jalen in his game so far?
Speaker 4: Just tell me where I can where I can get better at what he's seen from his perspective that made him make the play. So he just helped me out. You know, O g to a younger guy, So he just helped me out.
Speaker 3: And so you hear Jalen Ramsey there being praised by Jaylen Waddle. But another defensive back shine today on a defense that I thought really scored a pretty substantial win in terms of the lopside of nature of the practice. I thought Day one went heavily to the offense. I thought Day two went heavily to the defense. Let's go ahead and start here with cater COO who who I mean? Gosh, I don't know how much more I can say about the guy. I think I was telling someone of the stands, you know before practice, like I went back and watched some tape this summer. You know, Cater is not just like a cool story. It's not why he's so talked about. He's just a damn good football player. The tape showed that last year, and we're seeing it here early on in practice. And I got a really cool answer from Tua talking about his interception of Tua during seven on sevens. So the way it went was kind of like this. The middle of the field was open, which typically that's you know, too high means middlefield open. Single high means middlefield closed. And that changes how quarterbacks want to attack the deep portion of the field in the passing game, and so typically you get more of your seam shots, right throws down the middle, and Tua tries to drop this layered throw over the top against this middlefield open with Cater who was playing that shrail underneath Tyreek type of position, and Tua threw it before Cater's head got turned around. And that's a throw We've seen Tua just drill time and time again. Right, I can go back to that rookie season against the Cardinals and J. T. O'Sullivan, the great quarterback film room Guru, the former NFL quarterback himself breaks down quarterback play and he talks about throwing over the top of the defense when they have their turn to you as the quarterback, and how that allows them only to defend the width of their shoulders.
Speaker 2: So I feel like that's what this was.
Speaker 3: Where Tua said, I see twenty or number four now he changed his number. Number four is back. All I can see is the jersey or the back of his helmet. So when I go ahead and layer this thing over the top of his head, and he did.
Speaker 2: He put the ball.
Speaker 3: I think Tyreek would have caught it for a huge gain if Cater did not snap his head back around and get his head back to make the play on the football so impressive. And I had a chance to talk to him after the fact of like what tells you you can go ahead and make that play? And he talked about how reading a certain route that way, if a player you know, winds up in a certain landmark with a certain coverage, we have that I know that I can make that play there because the only other option for him to go is to throw it to this portion of the field or try me. So I have to find the ball right there and Cater did that and made a great play on it. And it just wasn't just that one play that he made. I mean he made a handful of plays. I had him with a forced incompletion during that same seven on seven period, another pass breakup in team period, and just several contested the catch point. We know how loaded this cornerback room is, right Like, I watched him go through drills among all those guys and I would be hard pressed to pick anybody else and say they move as well as Cater does. The way that he clicks and closes the transition the hips, and how he gets in and out of breaks. I'm so high on the way this young man plays the game. And I was telling, you know, I think I was texting with Kyle Krab saying, like, man, the way they've constructed the cornerback room here, Like you know, fast forward whenever the end of the career of guys like Jalen Ramsey and Xavier and Howard comes up, You're gonna, I think, be able to pick it right back up and just you know, have a pipeline of these young guys because I think both he and Cam Smith have just been excellent so far and how it gives you a lot of really good balance because obviously X and Jalen make you know top dollar as they've earned in their careers. But to have you know, a UDFA rookie like cater Co who a second round rookie like Cam Smith on those rookie contracts, it gives you ultimate balance and depth and it just it's good every single way you slice.
Speaker 2: It's really cool to see.
Speaker 3: But for Cam Smith, just continue to come away and pressed by how he works through individual seven on seven team period.
Speaker 2: He's very well involved in all that stuff.
Speaker 3: Had some good battles day with Braxon Barrios and Braxon scored a long touchdown in today's practice with a really good ball, really good to catch and finished by Braxton to get through all the way to the end zone. But Cam Smith, man like those players, will happen, but he's just been so solid and consistent all OTAs into training camp now for a couple of days. So I wanted to go ahead and ask Jalen Wattle, who goes up against a guy like Cam Smith all the time.
Speaker 2: What you've seen so far.
Speaker 4: From the rookie man CA Cams Cam's great. I think he's really you know, find his stride now getting into a training camp, starting to get more familiar with, you know, the calls and being in his stance and kind of homing in and trusting what he sees. So camp's been great. He given us.
Speaker 5: Great looks out there.
Speaker 4: I think he gonna be a great player for a long time in his league.
Speaker 3: And it wasn't just the defensive backs and Xaving Howard got targeted. I think once in this practice will come back to that later. So those guys continue to get the I done back on that backside, but the front seven was cooking today too. Man pressures were not a rarity in this practice. They had good work against the running game as well. I think it's pretty safe to say this was a decisive win for the defense today, which makes it one to one on the training camp scoreboard so far. I would say in my estimation, look, if Cater's not wearing the orange jersey tomorrow, my pick's going to be David Long Junior. I'm just gonna read a note from my practice notes that I actually copied and paste like I think it was four times.
Speaker 2: Here's the quote.
Speaker 3: Long keys and shoots a gap to impact the play in the backfield, probably a tackle for loss at best no gain. And this seriously happened several times. I think the thing I like about it most is it's not like it's not some deficiency or breakdown along the offensive line or you know, a player getting beat badly. He just made a play and he does it in a flash that essentially puts him in a position where the offensive line it doesn't matter. Like it's like the perfect pass. Right, you can't defend a perfect pass. You can't defend a linebacker who's already got a head start shooting your gap when you haven't got out of the blockshet he does it all.
Speaker 2: The damn time. It's pretty crazy.
Speaker 3: I've got this segment coming up on a podcast with Andy Cohen discussing Zach Thomas's Hall of Fame induction. We talked about how unnerving it was for Peyton Man to go up against a guy like Zach Thomas. And if you look at, you know, Peyton's career stats against Miami and then everybody else, there's a substantial drop off. And that wasn't you know, that was against an offensive line who was pretty dominant, with Jeff Saturday in the middle of that line. Eddrin James behind it. And I'm just making that example because like there was nothing that offensive line and that quarterback could do when a linebacker makes a play like that, not to compare the two players, but just in terms of how he's making plays that are in a lot of ways indefensible.
Speaker 2: On the other side.
Speaker 3: So he just looks to me to be in mid season form when it comes to his diagnose, go and finish. And there were plays that he also didn't make, but because of his presence and disruption of the play and the way he played with anticipation, like he would force the back Like let's say he shoots the B gap front side and you've got Raykwon Davis playing the one shade on the back side of the formation where you can get to that you know, cutback lane easier because the center wants to wall you off from the front side. Well, David Long shoots that B gap and basically says, you're not going this way. Your only other option then is to bend it back, and then you bend it right back into Raekwon Davis or whoever it might be, who makes a big TfL right there too. So it's not just the plays he makes and you know, not assist tackles, but non box score assists, if that makes sense.
Speaker 2: What a heck of a player he is.
Speaker 3: I caught up with David Long after practice and we had this chat about how he's acclimating so quickly, how it feels like he's coming along and getting the defense to be second nature, and also working alongside coach Anthony Campanelli in that linebacker room. Let's go ahead and run that back and forth with me and David Long fifty.
Speaker 2: One out there chaps and making plays. Yeah, I would pretty quickly.
Speaker 3: Happened for you in terms of just like making an impact. I'm curious how they all came together for you t to have out in practice, you.
Speaker 1: Know, just being here in the screen taking a lot of this stuff home. You know, it's a lot of you know, a lot that goes in to the to this defense, you know, but a lot of it, Uh, I'm kind of used to. It's kind of carry over.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 1: But also you just know, at the end of the day, it's football. Once you once you get a feel for once you get back into the groove of it, you know, it's just like riding a bike.
Speaker 3: It's Coach over rules kind of carry over from defensive defense where you know, like you we're not going to shoot this gap big CA's p right.
Speaker 1: Right right, It's certain certain rules carry over, but you know, all or now it's kind of like the you know, the end of the day's this defense.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's kind of been your game for a long time, right, Yeah, you put the prep work in that.
Speaker 2: Leads to big plays like yeah, most definitely.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So, uh you feel like you're kind of coming along already in terms of I mean there's just two days out here, but you're talking about the preparation. Do you feel like it's kind of becoming second nature for you?
Speaker 1: Yeah, for sure. But it's like like I said, it's a it's started training camp, you know, it's it's a long way to go, a lot more to learn. So I'm j I'm just excited, you know, to see this all come along.
Speaker 3: You've been jointing working with coach Camp on there, so you guys getting some work before practice.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, like we we we we are building a relationship with me and Camp started in OTAs just getting to know him personally outside of football, so you know, when it comes to you know, us him him coaching me on the field. You know, it's you know, it's it's cool, just like you know it's like a feather or his family, so anything. You know, I'm not taking anything personally because I know what type of coach he is. He's a gid after a coach, you what.
Speaker 6: I like him.
Speaker 3: So I really just love watching like routine work, implementation. That's what camp's all about. You study the stuff in the morning, you put it in, you go out there and repetent practice, you correct it after practice and try to get it better the next day. And I just feel like David Long getting his own stuff right, but also the way he's going to help guys around him is going to be just another one of these guys that makes a big, big impact that we brought in this offseason. And it was cool to see, you know, that implementation before practice because he and Jerome Baker were working on the bag with Anthony Campanelli and it looked like a very instructive moment to me. Obviously I'm not down there listening to what they're doing, but I feel like we're just so lucky to have I put coach Austin Clark in this category. Two coach Campinelli and coach Clark. I think it speaks pretty highly of coaches ability and competence when they are retained across multiple coaching staffs. And this will now be I guess technically the fourth defensive play caller those guys have been under. So you know, in coach camp during the install works very closely with coach Vic Fangio getting that stuff installed early on. So seeing the way those guys go through it, the way Baker and Long and Duke Riley and Channing Tyndall were fortunate to have smart players with smart coaches to really help expedite this process of getting this really complex, really effective defense installed, and these guys have a big part of that. I thought Jerome had one of his best plays that I've ever seen him have in terms of you know, depth and coverage and making a play on the football today. It was the play where Ramsey exited. You know, he was working on Jalen or on Tyreek kill i should say, in coverage and their feet kind of got tangled and you know, we saw Ramsey exit. But on the play it probably was going to be a Tyreek catch, but Jerome kind of in that Fred Warner from last year against San Francisco, getting depth to make a pass breakup in the passing window in a place that maybe a linebacker shouldn't be so good on him for getting depth and kind of sacrificing the run a little bit, like I have to get, you know, fifteen yards of my drop here, because if I try to play the run at all, I can't get back that far. It was a kin to the play that Warner made against Twaddle in the Niners game last year. Jerome had a really pass breakup on that play, and speaking of coverage plays by linebackers, Chang Tyndall nearly snagged a pick. I wish you would have caught the damn thing off Skylar Thompson and seven on sevens he peeled off his man a little hookup route that Scaler tried to throw underneath to Elijah Higgins jumped in front. The ball was behind both of them, so I think the bad ball probably cost him the pick, But it hit off the backside of his arm and fell incomplete.
Speaker 2: So good recognition there.
Speaker 3: From the second year, linebackers got to finish that play, all right, go ahead and take our first break right here and come back on the other side and talk about this pass rush, more observations, and we'll crack into our offense later on as well. That's next Draft Time podcast, your host Travis Wingfield, brought to you by Auto Nation. So I love to get out to the practice field early and just kind of sort of take it in, especially in the first couple of days of camp. I'm sure by the time we have preseason games, maybe I won't feel that same way.
Speaker 2: But one thing I noticed today was I watched.
Speaker 3: Mike McDaniel make his rounds around the practice field, and you can set your watch to interactions like this that Mike has with the players. Coach approaches the player, the player is probably talking to a teammate or a coach or someone else recognizes the McDaniel's coming, leans in to hear him over the loud music.
Speaker 2: It's very loud.
Speaker 3: Down there when you're when they're going through individual drills, and then both men kind of step away and like create space from each other and go their separate ways and kind of have this like huge smile, laugh, wink nod type of situation. He does this with all the position groups too. It's not just the quarterbacks or his favorite wide receivers, although he told us last year the edge position was his favorite. It's not just the offense, it's everybody. And he goes through and does this. Saw him do it with Jalen Ramsey, Javon Holland, and before practicing, they just they eat it up.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 3: So you know, we hear the testimonies about how much guys love playing for coach, but I think this observation of mine really demonstrates that fact. Speaking of guys that everyone loves Coach Madison's the best ten on ten two nine, two nine, whatever you want to call him. As I'm walking to the stands today over by where the water and the VIP tent is down in the corner those of you guys that come to practice what I'm talking about, and I see somebody rubbing up footballs on the concrete. Now you guys might not know this, but before the game, brand new footballs come into package and they I think the home team works them up.
Speaker 2: They rub them down and kind of rub some dirt onto them.
Speaker 3: To get that sheen off of it because it's so slippery when you have that fresh out of the package sheen. And I see this guy rubbing the footballs and the concrete and it's coach Sam, and I told him, I said, I never would have guessed you would use a sidewalk to rub up the footballs.
Speaker 2: And he said, hey, you don't have that buffer. You got to make do.
Speaker 3: And I also gave coach a hard time for his inaccurate balls during dbdrill yesterday and I said, hey, that's kind of what you're trying to do, right, give them off frame catches to make.
Speaker 2: And you got a big smile, ace face.
Speaker 3: And said, that's exactly the idea. Coach is the best man. He's so personable. We left off on the previous segment talking about off ball linebackers, but man, the I guess technically outside linebackers and frontline guys as well. The pressure was coming hot all day on Thursday, really from about the second and third team drill, because I thought the offense started off well, but then the pressure just kept piling up. And I'm tracking pass rush stats and look, this is hard without contact, it's hard without even pads on. But here's what I would say. The numbers were for going like a.
Speaker 2: Pro Football Focus box score.
Speaker 3: And also, no, I'm sure I missed a couple of plays here or there, so take it with a grain of salt.
Speaker 2: But here's what I saw.
Speaker 3: Emmanuel Ogba had two sacks, and actually I saw him in the lunch room after practicing. Asked him two sacks thing, he said, yeah, I think so, so confirm there. Christian Wilkins had a sack and a pressure. Bradley Chubb had a hit plus a very impressive stack and shed where he tried to like jump the play inside the tackle and then recognized the run was going out wide, which is the worst place to be if you do jump that inside. And then he works to get back outside of the tackle and turn the play back inside to funnel it back inside to Zack Steeler, who made the play on that particular rep. Jalen Twyeman a sack and two more pressures. He was a guy talked about OTA's a lot. I keep asking the question, what's the depth going to look like on the defensive line. Well, Jalen Twyman's making a case for himself. Cameron Good had a quarterback hit.
Speaker 2: Maybe a SI.
Speaker 3: I'm not ready to give it that. It was for sure a QB hit though in live situations. Mitchell Agude had a pressure and a really damn good edge set akin to the one I talked about with Bradley Chubb. Josiah Bronson had a pressure him and Twineman back in OTA's man both had good work, and then Raykwon Davis. This is the best two day run I've seen Rayquon have as a dolphin. He's been really really good. I had him with two pressures and then I would say a legit shot at three TFLs. I mean he's tagging off, so we can't officially say it's a tackle.
Speaker 2: But he's six foot.
Speaker 3: Seven, like three hundred and thirty five pounds, and he has the longest wingspan of the national football Like, I'm pretty sure he's making those plays. He's looked really, really really good. He might have a chance at the Orange Jersey tomorrow. To me, I would rank it Cater and long are like one A, one B maybe even just both kind of tied for first. Those are my picks. Raykwan's my dark horse for Friday's Orange Jersey. Will update you on that on a Friday. But it was consistent and the way they work together on so many of the plays, like watching the install and then kind of have it come together and team and seeing kind of the slow process of the build. It's really cool to see, like the Bradley Chubb play I talked about, where he sets an edge and then Zach Steelers also working off the inside, you know, part of his man and sees the play flow back out wide. He's able to get back over a gap and cut the play off because you know, the running back wants to stretch Chubb wide on that particular play, the forced defender spread him wide and then cut it up off the inside there. But Zach Steeler's ability to recognize what's happening on that play and get back over into that gap.
Speaker 2: It's just good team defense. It's good run fitting.
Speaker 3: That's how you kind of want to draw it up there.
Speaker 2: So defense killed it.
Speaker 3: Let's talk about the offense here a little bit, because they did get some wins as well, and we start at quarterback. Kind of just a hohme day, I would say for TUA, it does seem kind of pointless to keep noting this, but routes on air from TUA is like watching a well oiled assembly line, Like you have to put the headlights and the bumper and the steering wheel on and It's like all these different robotic parts that have to come together, and then at the end you have a.
Speaker 2: Cutlass or you know, I don't know cars. Is that a car?
Speaker 3: I don't know, But everything is in perfect sync nicity mechanically to put together the finished product, which is a pass on the upfield shoulder, taking the receiver right into the run after the catch away from the defense, depending on what the route calls for.
Speaker 2: It's you can set your watch to it.
Speaker 3: He did throw that pick to Kter Kohu, but to me that was more about the play from Cater because the previous two balls were on the money, perfectly timed, working off leverage of the defense, and then the pick. You know, after the pick, he bounced right back by splitting a trio of defenders to Jalen Waddle on an in breaker on what might have been a very long touchdown run in a game scenario.
Speaker 2: More on Waddle in a moment.
Speaker 3: After the Ramsey breakup that we mentioned off the top two, it came right back to a strike to Cedric Wilson that was just like, you couldn't have placed it any better into that same triangle right in stride.
Speaker 2: He was painting the corners too.
Speaker 3: It was on those throws today all things told, you know, no real explosives, I thought, where the day kind of got bogged down with some of the pressures and plays that just didn't happen, like he had to eat a few snaps because the pressure was too much or the coverage was too good down the field. I think the takeaway is that most of the time these days what I'd consider an off day for Tua, And even that seems harsh because I don't think it was a bad day, but they're just really uneventful, which you know, it's not some turnover fest or a session where he's missing throws and spiking the ball on the ground. The ball rarely touches the ground when he's out there, So I think I feel pretty good about that. I mentioned Waddle and you know, and how good he is. Have I done that yet. Let's go ahead and talk to Jill and Wattlehill real quick on the offense because I want to finish up here with the receivers about his familiarity in the offense in year two and how he feels that might improve his game in his third year.
Speaker 2: But second year in the yeah, you.
Speaker 4: Just get more familiar, you kind of get a feel of coach uh McDaniels, what are you gonna call more detailed on the little things that they really home in on. So it's just getting a year under your belt to really lock in on the little stuff. In this offense, it's all about, you know, little fine details, So just locking in on that is key. So I think we all doing a great job of just keep continue to learn.
Speaker 3: And the best part is that he's catching everything, even if he's not necessarily naked, you know, wide open. He's plucking the football through traffic. And I just cannot wait to see what the season has in store for Hims. I think he's gonna be even better than he was last year, and he was really really good last year, oh real quick, I thought to His best throw was an anticipation shot the Tyreek hill on a deep comeback where the ball was out way before he broke off the route twenty or so yards down the field and it just greets Tyreek right out of the route. After he runs that great route to kind of turn Xavi and Howard around and create some space. I mentioned the big play to Braxon Burrios. That was a good play from Skyler Thompson among what I thought was a tough day for the rest of the quarterbacks. Thought they really struggled to get the ball out on time, some off target shots and just on a crisp day in general. Also pretty obvious that it wasn't a good day from the offensive line based upon how the pressure is tallied up there. Towards the end. The edge I talked about with Bradley Chubb was a good chuck against Austin Jackson. I thought Kendall Lamb was in there for a lot of those plays I talked about. For the pressures, Liam Iichen had some inside pressures from the passing game. Keon Smith and Cedric A. Boy He, Ryan Hayes, and Dan Feeney all had reps I counted as pressures from the defense.
Speaker 2: So we'll see it bounce back tomorrow.
Speaker 3: But not the best day today for the offensive line. Let's go ahead and finish up the rest of the offense on the other side of the podcast here and do some supplementary media. That's next Track Time podcast, your host Travis Wingfield, brought to you by Auto Nation. So alec Ingold was rocking the Orange Jersey today and he plays a pretty good mix across the speaker, so I always appreciate that. I love to see it and even had a laugh with Alec after practice talking about the orange penny that we joked about on our Walk and Talk episode, the JV penny as he called it, which is essentially because it doesn't fit the guys, like they're just these big baggy orange pennies they put on the guys, and it reminds him of like playing JV football back in his hometown, you know, rocking the special team's capture the pennies that you have to put on during those practices for a scout team. And given the varsity of the good looks, I thought he and the tight ends looked really good today. Eric Sabert caught a bunch of short stuff. Elijah Higgins was very involved and said on seven I want to see him, you know, put the football away a couple more times than he did today, but very involved, and I enjoyed watching him work his butt off on some of the blocking work and individual drills among the running backs. Like I think Savon Ahmed got faster, and maybe I've been a big Savon Achmed fans as he got here, but I just think he's a damn good football player. Or maybe he's just seeing it faster this year. I don't know, whatever the case was. There was a run where he picked his way through some congestion and then came out the other side just flying it like top speed.
Speaker 2: Took off, he said, explosive.
Speaker 3: On both days, I thought Jeff Wilson ran his butt off today.
Speaker 2: The backs as a whole just look fast.
Speaker 3: I think that's a big part of the continuity and the potential growth of the offense that we don't talk about a lot there in terms of the familiar faces, not just in the running back room, but across the offensive line. That has to make sense, right, That has to track that they would be faster because they can play more familiar this season than they did a year ago. On one run that Jeff Wilson was sprung to the second level, a couple of good seals from Connor and Liam and then a really good down block from Rob Hunt inside.
Speaker 2: That's it. That's my note. Guys.
Speaker 3: Let's go ahead and do some additional media here. Let's go talk to Javon Hall and first, who talked about the new scheme, getting it down and how you have to work to get this defense down. Really good insight here from Javon Hall and talking about defense coaching scheme and ultimately how it's upon the players to really mix to maximize what positions as the coaches put Well, I mean.
Speaker 5: I feel like you always, you know, have more to learn about the game. You know, there are two thousand things that happened in football, but only two hundred of coach can tell you. So you know, through experience and through practice and whatnot, that's kind of how you gather that information. So there's always going to be stuff that changes, always going to be things that you know, arise that you have to talk about counsel with the coaches and other players. So yeah, you know, it just takes time.
Speaker 3: But definitely I mentioned the long ball to Brax and Barrios. He broke it down for us. Here's what he said, go ball, Skylar put it in a perfect place, touchdown.
Speaker 2: I thought it was really cool.
Speaker 3: He also talked about playing for Wes Welker and then also the impressions of quarterback to a tongue of Ba Lois. So far, let's go ahead and play those back to back Wes Welker and then too.
Speaker 2: No, I mean a lot.
Speaker 6: Obviously, he did it for for a long long time, and you know, I don't think the I mean even if you look at if you really like study him, and the way he runs routes was was different, and I think he kind of like coined that, and then you have kind of a lineage after that that you know, took from that. And so you know, I've been watching him for I mean since I really can remember football, and again, there's there's some things that he does that you just can't replicate because it was exactly you know, who he is, and you know nobody can be that and kind of the same thing on the opposite side of the spectrum from you know, like Tyreek, there's some things he does that you just can't replicate because you don't exactly.
Speaker 2: Have what he has.
Speaker 6: But I think it's the overall knowledge and the nuances and the intricate details of football and you know what we're trying to accomplish in a play, and you know, hearing them talk about those things and picking up on that, I think that really has been It's been really cool from my standpoint, because you pick up on those things and you know, you might not get the ball that play, but you might have done exactly what you're supposed to do to open up somebody else. And so you know, I'm obviously trying to be a sponge with with the offense and you know, obviously with coach Welker as well.
Speaker 2: But it's been really cool and the two wa talk.
Speaker 6: Very impressed just you know, as a as a human from a character standpoint, and obviously as a leader as a teammate, very personable, knows knows how to get the tension of a huddle, very confident as he should be, and you know he's been he's been extremely accurate, and you know, I really I can't say enough good things about him. And I'm you know, I'm happy and I'm excited to play with him.
Speaker 3: And there you go. There's the podcast again. We'll look for updates regarding injuries in the future. But you guys keep asking me on Twitter.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I can't know. I'm not gonna get.
Speaker 3: Told that until you guys are told that. So just please know that not ignoring you. I do see it, but it doesn't do you any good to ask over and over again.
Speaker 2: We'll be back at tomorrow.
Speaker 3: We'll have coach in the morning, So tap into that at ten am on YouTube to check out for the updates on that, and then practice of course to follow that off on Saturday, and they'll see all you crazy fans out here. I cannot wait for fans to get back into the stands on Sunday, July the thirtieth. Looking forward to seeing you guys back in action and all all my buddies and friends that come out and say what's up at practice? Come say hi if you see me, if you recognize me, if you want to get a picture, whatever, just come and say what's up to you boy. In the meantime, subscribe, rate and review the podcast if you have not done so already. Follow me on Twitter, on Instagram at Wingfold NFL. Follow the team at Miami Dolphins. Tons of content on social right now. Tons of content on the YouTube channel including Dolphins Today, press conferences, Drive Time and fish tank content. Check out my boys on the fish Tank, Seth and Juice. Plenty of good stuff coming your way this season from the guys, and of course, last but not least, the written notebook up on MiamiDolphins dot com. Until next time, Finns Up, Caroline and Cameron, Daddy, he's coming.
Speaker 5: Hope,