Speaker 1: Coming up at four minutes after the hour. It's my strawberry letter for today and the subject is I'm falling for him, not his daddy. We'll get into that find out what that's all about. But right now the nephew is here with today's prank phone call. Nephew, what you got for us?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 3: You know it's tax time coming up, y'all? Do know that? Right?
Speaker 4: It's right around the call Monday, right around the calling, that's right. And you know, desperate time, desperate measures mean a lot at some times. So you know, is it possible that can I can? I? Can I claim your child? Is that all right?
Speaker 2: What? Hey?
Speaker 3: Hey, hey, we are in desperate times right now?
Speaker 4: Okay? Can I claim your child? Just to help me out a little bit on my taxi? That's all I need. You got few of them over there.
Speaker 3: Let me just let me have one of them.
Speaker 4: Let me hold one, man, Let me just to claim this on these taxes.
Speaker 3: Man, let's go, cat dog? Can I claim your child?
Speaker 4: April fifteenth is on the way.
Speaker 3: Hello, Hello, I'm trying to reach devn Devin. Yeah, this is right, hey, Devin. How you doing?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 4: My name is Curtis Man, Curtis I was trying to reach out to you. You your your son, Uh he plays basketball with my nephew. Man, your son is the one that's on the on the Blazers little league basketball team.
Speaker 2: Right yeah, yeah, he plays for Blazers. Everything all right?
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah yeah, yeah, yeah yeah, everything good Man. You know, they got a game Saturday and everything. I've seen you a couple of times, Man at the game. I don't know if you remember me, Man, light skinned brother about about six foot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I probably met you met you know, i'd be so intensive the games. But yeah, what what's going on?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 4: Actually, Man, wanted to high at you about about your son. Man, you you are you are you?
Speaker 3: Are you working right now? Are you currently?
Speaker 1: Am?
Speaker 2: I am I working? Like? Yeah, I am working?
Speaker 4: Actually I mean I mean I mean, I mean you have aye a steady job, is what I'm asking.
Speaker 2: I mean, yeah, what you what you getting at though? Like you know, I thought you were calling about the basketball team, like uniforms. I know, we got a game Saturday. You know sometime they want donation for sneakers and all that, like you know.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, no, no, no, what I was asking?
Speaker 2: So?
Speaker 4: So, I mean you you got a regular nine to five job you go to all the time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I got a nine five. I mean things is kind of crazy. But that was just kind of short. But you know I still I still work. I mean, what was going on? You need a job? No?
Speaker 3: No, no, I'm just checking. Man.
Speaker 4: See what I wanted to get at you about, Man, is seeing are you gonna are you gonna clem your son?
Speaker 3: Uh? On your income text this year?
Speaker 2: Hold on, bro, Now you said, am I going to cleim my son on my taxes this year?
Speaker 3: Right? I mean, like you know, as a.
Speaker 2: Dependent bro, you asked me some real personal questions. Now you know, like you the guy that you just said you you know me from the basketball team that my son play on basis you know, and now you doesn't jump from the Blazers to do I clean my son on my taxes? And do I have a steady income? I mean, like you know, yeah, I got I gotta study income and I'm cleaning my flight. What I mean what you're trying to get at Bro?
Speaker 4: Well we'll see, man, what I was thinking. You know, I just want to read you seem like cool dude when I saw you at the gym. Man, what I was gonna ask you bro, is you know see right now, Man, when I get through with my tax and stuff, I'm gonna have to owe about eight hundred dollars. But now I see if I clean a child as my dependent, man, they gonna give me a bout twenty two, twenty three hundred. You see what I'm saying and what I wanted to get at you about, man, is you know you let me clean as my son, you know, so I can go and get this good money.
Speaker 2: Bro, love Bro, bru I mean, with all due respect, bruh, you're talking about you want to clean my son on taxes? Hold on, Bro, I don't even know you you're talking about. You've seen me at my son's basketball game. You might be the police for all I know. Bro, you sound like the police.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, no, it ain't. Ain't nobody gonna come at your sideways like that. Man, I ain't trying to come like what I'm trying to say. Man, they're going to hit me off of this eight hundred. Well see I can get twenty three hundred. Man, I kick you down too. Fifty, You understand what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Man, everybody key too sifty You crazy? Now you sound like a joke, bro, because now you're insulting me. You're telling me you want to clean my down for some where you owe money. I don't even know you food so I can make two fifty, Bro, I ain't trying to be on No. But when I claim my kids, I'm getting the same exact plight you getting. I'm getting twenty three hundred two. So what I look like taking two hundred dollars? I don't know. You know what I'm saying, Okay.
Speaker 3: But I'm the one stuck over here paying the eight hundred. Man. I'm just acting to ask you to look out for a brother. Man.
Speaker 2: You said, yeah, look out. You know my check and cut from forty hours a week to thirteen hours a week, and I still got these little backs to me for Jordan's Michael Johan. They never put us down.
Speaker 4: That's why I'm trying to hook you up with two fifty.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 4: Damn, you don't even see a good thing when it's coming at you.
Speaker 2: Brother, Bro, I don't know if you're talking about bro No. Two or fifty. Bro. When I clean these two little I'm getting twenty three hundred dollars a piece. Bro, What you think I'm gonna take two or fifty for you for it. I don't even know you like that.
Speaker 4: Man, You ain't got it. You ain't got a trip.
Speaker 2: Man, if you was my brother, my people, you know, maybe we can do a little something. I can understand that. But brother, you ain't gonna give me no two fifty when I'm getting the same thing they offering you twenty three hundred this government money.
Speaker 3: Bru So what ad I'm supposed to do? What am I opposed to do? Devin? Tell me that, I.
Speaker 2: Mean, bruh. What you supposed to do is go hut your seed, clean that little every year and you'll get what I get for these little that I'm seeing in clothing every day. That's what you're gonna have to do. My hour was don got cut from forty to fifteen hours a week. I have to go pick me up a little side. Say you gotta change your ways. You out there trying to get me locked up for government scams.
Speaker 3: What I'm trying to do, man, is get this eight hundred off my back. Dog.
Speaker 4: That's all I'm trying. Ain't nobody trying to get no trouble man.
Speaker 2: But you're still talking about getting you eight hundred and getting me locked up. Now, you got me up. I'm out here working hard to support my kids.
Speaker 4: Man, but I ain't fin the city and go through this with you no more.
Speaker 3: Man, I ain't finna city and go through this with your normal.
Speaker 2: If you're gonna help me with this money or not, Bro, I ain't help you with bro. I see you on Saturday. Broke, I'm gonna you up. Bro. Thomise you. Bro.
Speaker 4: I need your son soldier security number right now.
Speaker 3: That's what I need.
Speaker 2: Bro. Let me tell you something, Broke. Say what you look like? Bro? You said life and he's going to stop six foot bro. When I see you, when I step in that gymnasium, Bro, I'm on your br You ain't on that. You ain't on places.
Speaker 3: You better bring that damn social security number.
Speaker 2: I think it's a game. I'm gonna come find.
Speaker 4: Them, Okay, cool. I got one more thing I need to say to you.
Speaker 2: You're lifting to me on my phone, Bro, I'm even talking to this fool.
Speaker 4: I got one more thing I need to say to you. Man, if you listening to me, say.
Speaker 2: Your last statement. You want your toolstone?
Speaker 4: Bro, This is Nephew tie me from the Steve Harvey Morning Show. You just got prank baby.
Speaker 3: This nephew. Tell me, man, what's up? Devin?
Speaker 2: What fool you got me out here? Going crazy? Hey?
Speaker 3: Man, you got hey? Do you got a boy that you work with named.
Speaker 2: Crazy?
Speaker 4: Put me up to this man, Man.
Speaker 3: Keep doing what you're doing. We need good daddies in the world.
Speaker 2: Brother man, thank you.
Speaker 4: Hey, One more thing, man, I gotta ask you. You got to tell me, man, what is the baddest radio show.
Speaker 3: In the land.
Speaker 2: Man, Steve? Yeah, crazy man.
Speaker 4: Exclaimed real quick, y'all, good child man coming tax man cometh. The tax man cometh, and I cometh for one.
Speaker 3: Of your babies. Is that alright? All right?
Speaker 1: No, it's not all right.
Speaker 3: Call it you know.
Speaker 4: If y'all don't mind you and Tosh, you know, if it's cool, you know, I mean, we can work out a little something something boy.
Speaker 3: We need more kids. Can we keep one of y'all? We only got one? Look at you. Anybody want a kid? Okay?
Speaker 4: We need Steve right next week April nineteen, The Nephew is coming to town April nineteen to twenty at Baltimore, Maryland the Comedy Factory back my popular letting the Man.
Speaker 3: The Nephew is.
Speaker 4: Coming tickets on sale right now. Come on, Beam, let's do the dog one thing. I know y'all been going through a little something something, so come on over and get your.
Speaker 3: Laugh on me.
Speaker 1: All right, nephew, thank you. Coming up next Strawberry Letters, subject I'm falling for him, not his daddy.
Speaker 3: We'll get into it right after this, my daddy.
Speaker 1: You're listening.
Speaker 3: Dave Harvey Morning Show,