Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe, Ketty.
Speaker 2: Armstrong and Katty I know he Armstrong and Yetty.
Speaker 3: Trumb just said that billionaires Larry Ellison, Michael Dell, and the Murdocks will be involved in the deal for TikTok. Rupert Murdoch is ninety four years old. Every time he exhales, it looks like he's doing the cinnamon challenge.
Speaker 4: President Trump suggested that Mediam Mogul Rupert Murdoch will be involved in the deal for US control of TikTok. So don't worry, kids, your beloved TikTok will be perfectly safe in the hands of this ninety four year old man.
Speaker 5: I still don't quite understand the TikTok deal. Maybe it has to be completely done before we'll completely understand it.
Speaker 2: What are your questions? Is the algorithm going to be the same or not?
Speaker 5: Reporting last week there were outlets CNBC said the algorithm was going to be the same. Wall Street Journal said it is going to be different. Well, if it's a different algorithm, it's not TikTok, it's something else.
Speaker 2: You're calling TikTok.
Speaker 1: All right, it's like buying the brand of Taylor Swift, but it'll be different songs, different music, different legs.
Speaker 2: Yes, a leggy songstress.
Speaker 1: So, speaking of high flying stars of media, you got Gavin Newsom of cal Unicornia. He's the governor and he is hot for the presidency, obviously, and he's been defending his tenure in Sacramento by lauding the California Way. He's trying to sell that to America. And I am going to quote Stephen Malanga fairly extensively here. Stephen's a senior editor at City Journal, senior fellow at the Manhattan Institute. He writes about economics a lot. But anyway, I found this very very interesting because I heard Gave the other day suggesting that California is a donor state. It gives more in taxes than it receives, and it derives from balance of payment studies done one hundred years ago, and that red states, well he actually used the or you know, he actually he quoted somebody else used the term red moucher states.
Speaker 2: Blue states pay.
Speaker 1: More in taxes and they take in and those moucher red states are free loading on the backs of the American people unbelievable, and they quote some reports that came out in the early two thousands and even before that by the Rockefeller Institute. Now quoting Milange, here's the truth some of the bigg the few politicians have ever bothered to investigate what these reports measure. Some of the biggest catagories of spending aren't discretionary programs that help finance state budgets, but cash spent by Washington to people in businesses that earned it. That California and other states come up short in receiving this money can be a function of their own failings rather than any funding bias. The biggest category these studies measure is direct payments from the federal government to individuals, like Social Security and government employee pensions. A big chunk is the money for people that have worked for and that the Feds send them when they retire. Few budget experts would classify these as subsidies from Washington and California residents annually receive about ten percent less per capita than the national average in direct payments, in part because it's a relatively young state. And Malanga gives several statistics, but it has to do with the fact that it's miserably expensive to retire in California. In fact, it's the third most expensive state to retire comfortably.
Speaker 2: Only Hawaii and Massachusetts are worse.
Speaker 5: It's hard to imagine if you lived somewhere else that you would move to California to retire right.
Speaker 1: Federal contracting dollars constitute another huge spending category. This is money that businesses and other private entities earned for work performed for the government, especially for national defense, not money Washington disperses based on the state's population or tax contributions or whatever. It's buying fighter planes and that sort of thing, and California falls short on this measure too, about twenty eight percent less than the national average, partly because California is so hostile to business now there are fewer businesses per capita for the federal government to buy from because so many have fled the state. Where California does quite well is in receipt of federal grants, some of which clearly represents spending that bolster state budgets. Second largest category tracked by moynahnd style studies include medicaid, federal highway funding, welfare, food stamps, and education subsidies, and given the very high poverty numbers in California and all of the illegal immigrants that have come into the state, California gets more significantly more per capita than other states in actual charity payments. So it's time to trade less activism in Washington in return for more revenue at home for whatever active measures blah blah blah. If Newsom is truly upset about California subsidizing other states, you might consider incorporating mister Moynihan's proposals into his presidential platform. Essentially, leave more money in the states. You know, don't send thirty billion dollars to the federal government and beg for your share back anyway, So that red mucher state thing is a complete myth. Secondly, and this one's so good. This comes from Wall Street Journal. California's great climate backfire. Sacramento Democrats are allowing dirtier air to avoid gasoline price hikes, and California's war on fossil fuels is backfiring in spectacular fashion. As gas prices, imports of foreign oil, and CO two emissions are all increasing.
Speaker 2: The response in Sacramento.
Speaker 1: Allow more oil drilling and dirtier blends of gasoline in the state. What happened to the climate emergency, you might ask, Then they go into the high high prices of gas in California nearly two bucks more in Texas. Looming refinery shutdowns and declining in state crude production could drive prices even higher.
Speaker 2: During the eighties, did you know this?
Speaker 1: Most of the oil Californians consumed was produced in California, but then state regulations regulated the oil business right out of California, so instead of most of it, California produced only twenty three percent of the crew it's refineries used last year. Almost all of the rest was imported from abroad from countries that don't give a crap about the environment and drill way more dirtily. More imports have increased CO two emissions and smog causing pollutants from tankers docking at the state's ports. Declining production is also making pipelines that carry crew to in state refineries less economically viable. If pipelines shut down, the state would have to import even more foreign crude oil. And looming shutdowns of of two larger foineries I mean the state would also have to import just gasoline we wouldn't be refining our own gas. Trouble is the state lacks the infrastructure to handle more imports. So I studied the spring by a USC business school professor trajected the gasoline prices could rise to more than eight dollars a gallon owing to constricted supply. None of this is good for Gavy, who's eyeballing the presidency. So he is now strong armed the legislature into saying, yeah, all those environmental regulations and the cleaner gas and the summer gas blend at all, let's just throw that crap out the window to.
Speaker 2: Keep the prices high.
Speaker 1: So you get high prices in spite of that, and measure super high prices, dirtier gas, dirtier your oil, more environmental damage during the drilling.
Speaker 2: For the oil.
Speaker 1: You lose in every single environmental measure, but you get to say, we don't do that dirty, dirty oil stuff in California. No, we just burn more of it than you know, any other state in the Union because the population is so big.
Speaker 2: Well, that's why I take the bullet train everywhere.
Speaker 5: I took the bullet train to work, I take my kids to school, and the bullet train. We went camping this past weekend, we rode the bullet train up to our Calraians.
Speaker 1: Absolutely hilarious, laugh, I laughed, Gavy knwsome in the Democrats. Energy policy in California might be the biggest self goal, own goal they call it in soccer i've ever seen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's worked so far.
Speaker 5: I wonder if it will keep working because people didn't catch on to the fact. Oh that is so admirable. You don't drill for oil in your state. Well, the gas has got to come from somewhere, so we buy it from places who would do a worse job of drilling oil, right, And it jacks up more smog and pollution, which, unlike you know CO two emissions, which is allegedly behind some climate change, the smog and pollution actually hurt people's health.
Speaker 1: They damaged lungs and it's bad for children and the rest of it. CO two is theoretical and maybe has some effect on climate change. More smog hurts people, well, and you're gonna get lots more smog.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't know why we can't be grown ups around as the Keystone Pipeline, remember that was such a big deal during the Obama administration. Everything, and it finally got killed. Was obviously a good idea. It was gonna be a safer, cleaner way to transport oil around the country.
Speaker 2: But it is like a pipeline.
Speaker 5: It was like doubling down on fossil fuel so you don't have it, and then you gotta buy a more oil from more expensive places or transported in dirtier ways and trains and trucks than the pipeline.
Speaker 2: You can pretend that we're not using oil anymore. It's so childish. It's performative hundred percent.
Speaker 1: Which is fine if it's just performative. If it's performative and its squanders tax dollars, that's a problem.
Speaker 2: If it's performative.
Speaker 1: And squanders tax dollars and makes the air dirtier so they can virtue signal, that's abhorrent. But you too, America can have this sort of government and management and leadership. Vote Gavin Newsom in twenty twenty eight.
Speaker 5: I was thinking about do I want to talk about The deadline was last week for national parks to fall in line with the new regulations that the Trump administration has of not having any plaques or anything like that that bad mouth the US. And now you got all your museum are in the same situation.
Speaker 2: That whole topic.
Speaker 5: I find that topic pretty interesting since I've run up against it with my kids quite a few times. Every damn plaque everywhere it's got something about climate change that we were just talking about, or how evil.
Speaker 2: We were to the Indians, or slavery.
Speaker 1: Every single one that reminds me when I was gone. Did you do some version of your conversation with Tim Sanderfer on the air?
Speaker 5: I did, Yeah, about the Indians? Oh good, Yeah, I've read that stuff.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, the Marxist indoctrination, and so many of America's kids at schools rather of the kids. If more people knew about it, there would be riots in the streets. Well, and it's astonishing to me that there aren't riots in the streets. I want not calling for riots. I'm calling for a shutdown of government schools.
Speaker 5: I want to use an example, see if this holds up of like an obituary for an individual, or if you were saluting a sixty year wedding anniversary. The way you would talk about those things versus the way we talk about our history in my son's history class or in the plaque at your local Park and see if that makes any sense anyway.
Speaker 2: I'll explain that when we come back.
Speaker 5: So I'm super sensitive this issue, as I've talked about, because my son has taken American history. My son, my eighth grader, loves history class, and he is in a public school that is apparently not going to teach American history the way you and I learned it, where you talk about the Revolution and the Founding Fathers and Constitutional Convention, all that sort of stuff, because all they've done so far is talk about how this led. They had to write a land acknowledgment about the land learned we're holding this class on used to belong to whatever tribe of Indians, which is just stupid on its own. I don't even need to go any further than that. What about the tribe that down it before that tribe? I mean, what are we doing here? This is moronic And I've since pulled my son out of this class. The other day they were talking about settler colonialism with anybody who uses that term ever is obviously a Marxist.
Speaker 2: But we're a fool who's been seduced by Marxists.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and it fits in with the story of Trump is trying to get national museums and parks and all that sort of stuff around the country to stop having all these plaques that bad mouff the United States. So the NPR version of this sort of story is trying to whitewash history to try to cover up, you know, slavery and the ills of this.
Speaker 2: Country and all that sort of thing.
Speaker 5: And I have a feeling that's what my son's teacher would say, for too long, we didn't teach this. Well, now we're going to teach the bad part. And I keep wondering, well, first of all, has any country ever done this before ever?
Speaker 2: Where you focus.
Speaker 5: Practically to the exclusion of everything else on your negatives.
Speaker 2: Why, to what end? What do you try to accomplish?
Speaker 5: If you hadn't overcome the negatives, maybe you could still focus on it. But if you have overcome it, like we don't have slaves anymore, if you have overcome the negatives, do you.
Speaker 2: Need to make that the focus of everything?
Speaker 5: And I was using the example in my own mind, and I think I brought this up on the air a while back of like an obituary, and obituaries they highlight all the stuff that a human being did that were more or less positive in their lives. You don't pick out and then you know, when he was twenty eight years old he got cut speed and drunk.
Speaker 2: And spent three nights in jail or whatever. You don't do that. No, it's a distraction from the totality of the story, right right, right.
Speaker 5: And I was thinking of the example of like a sixtieth wedding anniversary, or you talk about the wedding, the marriage and everything like that, and everybody's giving care.
Speaker 2: Nobody stands up.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well, you know, I don't know if you remember this, but they separated briefly when they were in their thirties because he cheated on her.
Speaker 2: We don't do that with with lives or towns or whatever.
Speaker 5: But why are we doing it with our country where we're focusing on the most negative part and acting like that's the only thing to look at?
Speaker 2: Two reasons.
Speaker 1: One, the activists want to end Western civilization as it stands and turn it into a Marxist paradise. They know precisely what they're doing, like the teacher in California who said, I have nine months to turn them into revolutionaries. Those people, that is precisely their goal. Then The other answer to your question is people have been convinced that that's how you are a good person. My health loathing is evidence of being enlightened.
Speaker 2: I got Marxists have convinced them.
Speaker 5: I got to use this example because it's so good. So the other day, the last day he was in the class since I've pulled him out, they were talking about slavery, and somebody brought up might have been Henry, but somebody brought up the idea that there were black tribes in Africa capturing, capturing other black people and selling them to Europeans in the slave trade. They weren't racist, They just were okay with slavery and making money. He actually said in the classroom. Apparently, well, they didn't know how bad slavery was in the United States. Yes, they did that, but they didn't know that what they were signing these people up was the evils of what slavery was in the United States. Oh well, he said, you were willing to capture people, sell them, take them away from their homes, but you know, you didn't know how bad it was.
Speaker 1: Right. I just read a great piece by a historian on that is one of the Because you know more and more people had become aware. Wait a minute, At that time, slavery was ubiquitous. It was everywhere on earth, every society. The Native Americans had slaves, the Arabs would enslave black people, the black people would everybody was enslaving each other, The Irish were enslaved.
Speaker 2: Blah blah blah.
Speaker 1: It was everywhere, and so the Marxists are like, more and more people realized that okay, okay, let's go with slavery in America was extra bad. And this historian was disputing that ludicrous idea. You know, in various you know, ample of here, there and everywhere. It was a little better over there, a little worse over there, but then ten years later it changed. That is a false argument. So crazy, No, it's deliverate. It's not crazy, it's thought out, it's smart, it's vicious.
Speaker 5: Well, it's crazy that we put up with it, and a lot of our kids learn it in class, Amen.
Speaker 2: Armstrong and Geeddy.
Speaker 5: So Kamala's got a book out and she's going to try to run for president. She thinks she's going to run for president. She's going to find no money lines up. None of the heavyweight people who work in campaigns are going to join her, and then she's going to quickly decide. I guess now it's not my time, that is my prediction. But she does know her as any other time back to you now, not.
Speaker 2: Your time or any other time, but now it is not my time to make it in the NBA. So I'm ill stick with the business I'm in for now.
Speaker 5: Her book One hundred and seven Days is out, and I don't know does the book ever actually come out or is it just because it seems like it's been coming out for weeks and months.
Speaker 1: It's like a lot next Monster, We'll just hear about it for the rest of our lifetimes.
Speaker 5: So she's done a couple of interviews, making the rounds, and we're going to play Eclipse in a second. But this is Mark Halprin's take on her performance so far. If the former veep and book peddler's maiden media hit on Rachel Maddow as any indication wishy washy for Mum Dami, wishy washy, semi backtracking on bootheage edge, confusing on Biden's acuity open to a twenty eight run, then there ain't gonna be much there for her, So Wishy Washy. I guess that's when it came off. Let's hear a little bit of it on Rachel Maddow last night.
Speaker 6: I guess, I guess I'd ask you to just elaborate on that a little bit. It's hard to hear with you running as you know, you're the first woman elected vice president, you're a black woman and a South Asian woman elected that high office, very nearly elected president, to say that he couldn't be on the ticket effectively because he was gay, it's hard to hear.
Speaker 7: No, No, that's not what I said that. That's that he couldn't be on the ticket because he is gay. My point, as I write in the book, is that I was clear that in one hundred and seven days, in one of the most hotly contested elections for president United States, against someone like Donald Trump, who knows no floor, to be a black woman running for president United States and as a vice presidential running mate a gay man, with the stakes being so high, it made me very sad, But I also realized it would be a real list.
Speaker 2: I had forgotten.
Speaker 5: I had forgotten forgotten her meandering, inability to ever say anything.
Speaker 1: She's a terrible liar, which is a shame because she needs to a lot. But Rachel says, it hurts for me. She's Rachel's gay. In case you don't know this, but to hear that you wouldn't have him on the ticket because he's a gay man. And after like a full word salad bar, she gets to.
Speaker 2: So it'd be too big a risk because he's a gay guy.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so that we're talking about Mayor Pete. We never set that up properly, Mayor Pete boudhedge Edge, who she says in the book. We read this yesterday, this portion that she liked him best but thought black woman, gay guy is too controversial a ticket, right. I think she's completely wrong because he would have been so much better than Tim Walls well as a running mate.
Speaker 1: And let me rip off. Hector Barajas, who writes for the California Globe. You pointed out that she wanted Pete as a running mate but decided America quote couldn't handle a black woman and a gay man. And then Hector writes, think about that. Harris preaches diversity, equity, and inclusion every day, but when it came time to choose, she reduced to judge to a label and dismissed him as unelectable solely because of his sexuality. That's not DEI, it's the opposite. It shows her worldviews based on boxes, not on value or worth.
Speaker 5: The Democrats are so wrong about this. I've been saying this since Barack Obama got elected. Barack Obama got more votes because he was black. Hillary Kitton gets more votes because she's a woman than you would have gotten if she was the exact same qualifications in the dude and a dude. It helps you at this point, you cannot convince me that it holds you back being a woman, even though Hillary, I guess it is out today talking about that sort of thing.
Speaker 2: Oh that's her only so she's playing it again.
Speaker 5: Yeah, if Kamala Harris had been a white guy with those.
Speaker 2: Chops, she would have come close. Oh she'd have been laughed out of that. Nobody would have even considered her.
Speaker 1: So anyway, So Rachel asks, hey, that's rough. You wouldn't have a little peak because he's gay. Jedge, that's the man, right, and Kamala hambles I almost want to hear it again.
Speaker 2: That was some unbelievable word sounding and says, but it was too high a risk. Because he's a gay fella.
Speaker 7: Then she continued, no matter how, you know, I've been an advocate and an ally of of the LGBT community my entire life. So it wasn't about it wasn't about it, right, So it wasn't about any any prejudice on my part. But we had short we had such a short period of time, and the stakes were so high. I think Pete is a phenomenal, phenomenal.
Speaker 2: Public servant, but go ahead and say.
Speaker 7: And I think America is and would be ready for that.
Speaker 2: But but at.
Speaker 7: When I had to make that decision with two weeks to go, you know, and maybe I was being too cautious. You know, I'll let our friends, we should all.
Speaker 2: Talk about that. I well, we are.
Speaker 7: But that's the decision I made, and I'm and I, as with everything else in the book, I'm being very candid about that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, you're not.
Speaker 7: With a great deal of sadness about also the fact, yes, that it might have been a risk.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, surely there's some punctuation around here somewhere.
Speaker 5: The greatest parenthetical speaker in the history of speaking.
Speaker 2: The whole thing is crazy.
Speaker 5: Just clauses in parentheses and then brackets and then asides.
Speaker 1: Well and just come out and say, look, I wanted to pick little Pete, but America is such a land of bigoted, you know, scumbags.
Speaker 2: That they wouldn't vote for him.
Speaker 1: So I went with a straight guy who happened to be one of the great lamemost ever appear on the American scene.
Speaker 2: Tim Walls, good lord, Well, the problem.
Speaker 5: Is Rachel Matdow says, it hurts me that you wouldn't put him on the ticket because he's gay, And then Kamala says, after three minutes, I didn't put him on the ticket because he's gay.
Speaker 2: Right, So that's where the problem is.
Speaker 5: Why rambling, Why couldn't somebody get to her, certainly her husband, somebody, somebody's got to say to her. Subject predicate subject, predicate subject, predicate. Just keep that in your head all the time when you're speaking. Craft a sentence with a beginning and an end.
Speaker 2: At a point.
Speaker 1: Let's practice, I want you to say, the dog got wet in the rain, Okay, the dog who.
Speaker 2: Is animals all animals.
Speaker 1: For many years, and who can't love dogs, and with one hundred and seven days to have a dog.
Speaker 5: Not to exclude cats, which are also in addition to horses and many other animals.
Speaker 2: But when you.
Speaker 1: Think about raining on pets and all sorts of pets, even rabbits and beginnea pigs and smaller pets, When you think about rain falling on pets, you've got to think about the dog that is getting rained on. And her husband just says, ah, that's enough, out of hair.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, look at seeing an Harris stops biting tongue as new book is released.
Speaker 2: No, she's not. She's sending her silence. She has not stopped biting her tongue. She's still doing it.
Speaker 5: I thought maybe she would with that whole I got nothing to lose at this point. I'm never running again. They rejected me. I'm pissed off about it. Biden screwed me at every turn, screw him. I thought she might actually say some things, but she she Well, because she's running again, she can't just come out and say what she wants to say.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, but she has said more than people normally do.
Speaker 1: Two more thoughts from uh Hector Brahas, whose piece I really liked first of all. Kama Harris new memoir One hundred and seven Days could use a more honest title like everybody but me or one hundred and seven ways to blame someone else for my incompetence, and then his uh, his conclusion is and he talks about politics is tough. I can tell you we all win, we all lose the measure of leaders How you respond, you learn, recalibrate, and keep working.
Speaker 2: You don't torture your own party.
Speaker 1: You don't publish a score settling memoir that alienates your team, your leadership, your base. Harris has violated some of the most basic rules of politics. Lose with grace, fight back smart, and never attack your own allies.
Speaker 2: From her released excerps.
Speaker 1: One hundred and seven days as in a campaign memoir, It's a political obituary, Harris comes across as petty, insecure, and consumed with excuses that are showing leadership. She chose to air grievances and settle scores. This only reinforces whatever is already knew. She was not ready, she was not capable, She was not fit to lead then, and nothing she writes now will change that.
Speaker 2: I wonder what caused her to come across as petty and full of excuses. Perhaps perhaps because she is to her everyone knows it to her core, petty yes, and full of excuses. Yes. So I thought it was kind of interesting over the weekend.
Speaker 5: So apparently there's a little blurb in the book about why she didn't choose Josh Shapiro, governor of Pennsylvania, And she talked about the interview process and how he had brought up something about some artwork he would like to bring into the vice president's mansion, or she asked about or something.
Speaker 2: It's weird that it came up as a topic.
Speaker 5: He would think, Wow, of all the things you wouldn't get around until you are actually the person, It was like what artwork I can bring in? But anyway, that blurb was in the book, and he apparently did not dig it, because he said over the weekend in an interview that he hasn't read the book. But she is going to have to answer for how she was in the room and yet never said anything publicly about Biden's mental acuity. So he's already sharpening his knives in case she decides to.
Speaker 2: Run.
Speaker 5: And I think also saying, hey, you might want to back off the whole taking me on thing, like right.
Speaker 1: Now, yeah, yeah, do not mess with Joshi. Yeah, she's going around saying it would have been self serving for me to say Biden shouldn't run again, because you know, as the veep, if the guy's senile, you gotta set that aside.
Speaker 5: And again and again the quote from yesterday that David Plof, who ran Obama's campaign, one of the smartest Democrat political minds probably in America, told her people hate Joe Biden, so craftier message around that if she had broken with Joe Biden and said, look, I've seen him behind the scenes, I probably should have said something earlier. I was trying to be a good soldier, but he is not up to this job and we need to move on.
Speaker 2: She would have been in so much better position to run.
Speaker 5: It's not people would have thrown her under the bus for not being a loyalster, but they'd depended.
Speaker 2: Finally, somebody said it out loud.
Speaker 1: Who's a Democrat that I can vote for? I don't know if you've noticed in the polls eighty percent of us agree with you.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 1: I will end my comments with the title of a Charles C. W. Cook column from the election cycle. Kamala Harris is an idiot.
Speaker 2: And everyone knows it. That's right.
Speaker 1: Margie that did hold her back. Yeah, that's among her issues. That's a big one.
Speaker 2: We will finish strong next arm Strong.
Speaker 8: And that campaign that you all launched pretending that you were going to cancel Hulu while secretly racing through four seasons of only murders in the building. I really was congratulations, wasn't it? Wasn't it interesting to try and figure out all the tentacles Disney has in your daily life. It's one thing to swear off cruises, but the Avengersna, how is it possible that by getting rid of one company, I can't watch neither Pooh or Monday Night Football.
Speaker 5: It's as John Stewart making the point for for the that's for his crowd that was gonna not take in anything Disney because they had Jimmy Kimmel. Then you got the other crowd that's gonna cancel, like in a different direction for having Kimmel on.
Speaker 2: So so everybody.
Speaker 5: Who's going to cancel that stuff because you anyway Kimmel's back on, And yeah, I mean it just shows how ridiculous that whole notion is pretty much on that sort of thing.
Speaker 1: Well, and how what a sprawling octopus of a gigantic organization Disney is at this point. Yeah, it ain't Walt and a couple of parks and some quaint movies like Snow White anymore.
Speaker 2: It's a giant conglomerate.
Speaker 5: I just can't, you know, I drive a cyber truck made by Tesla. I get flipped off on a regular basis. It happened to me two days ago. Again, I mean very regularly, people flip me off for what I drive. I just I don't live my life that way. So, like, I can't not have Hulu because it's under the Disney umbrella of something else that I don't agree with politically, I mean, just it just seems like such a complicated way to live, right, right, and then you got to figure out it. Yeah, so I can't eat at that restaurant because it's owned by the conglomerate that has all of these different things and just.
Speaker 1: What yeah, including you know this subsidiary who's you know whatever. Middle manager said this awful thing on Twitter. So people are boycotting. Yeah, I just, yeah, I don't. I'm not gonna choose to live my life that way. It takes too much time for one thing to keep.
Speaker 2: Track of all of it.
Speaker 5: I'm sure we'll have some clips of Jimmy Kimmel on tonight and they're gonna be hard to take. And he's gonna get a standing ovation, he's gonna get teary eyed, and he's gonna talk about how much he loves America and blah blah blah.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be hard to think.
Speaker 1: I was watching let us let us know how the view is up there on the cross Jimmy.
Speaker 2: How much time do I got? I have time to say anything? You got about a minute thirty? Okay?
Speaker 5: So I was watching the latest bill Maher in his basement, was with Rob Reiner, the movie director.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah. Actually had a pretty interest conversation about a lot of things.
Speaker 5: Rob Reiner. I would love Rob Reiner if he didn't talk politics. Fascinating guy. Grew up in show business with his dad, Carl Reiner. Google it if you want to know it. I mean, like, but knows all the heavyweights of Hollywood of the last more than this, you know, half a century, and just knowledgeable, funny and everything like that about show business. But then whenever he talks politics, it's insufferable. Anyway, he was on there to promote spinal tap two, which is out soon. The it's the longest distance ever between a movie and a sequel, forty one years.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, it's been that long. But I didn't realize this. Maybe you already knew this.
Speaker 5: It was entirely ad libbed, not like they just used EdLib It was entire every word of the movie was adlibbed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was all improvs. That's crazy. Yeah, yeah, of.
Speaker 5: Course you have to have certain comedic geniuses to do it.
Speaker 1: Right, and you do multiple takes and you edit and yeah, but yeah, yeah.
Speaker 5: Have you ever seen any of the clips that bounce around on Instagram of that sort of stuff? A lot of of a lot of them with Will Ferrell from from Anchorman. When they do it that way, they've got an idea and they just let a Will Ferrell or you know people like that, who are really funny and spontaneous riff and riff and riff and riff while their co stars stand there and try not to laugh, and they're so funny, I mean, just unbelievably well you can't stand it funny.
Speaker 2: And then they take the best clips and reactions. Yeah, wow, no, I don't recall.
Speaker 5: I'll send a couple to you that they are really really good are We can.
Speaker 2: Post them at armstrung and get Eat dot com. We could final thought Final here's your host for final thoughts, Joe Getty. Let's get a final thought from everybody on the crew. To wrap things up for the day.
Speaker 1: There is our technical director, Michael Angelo, presdent the buttons in the control room.
Speaker 2: Michael, what's your final thought?
Speaker 1: I can almost guarantee you tonight Jimmy kim will stand up there and start crying at some point, and who knows, maybe Stephen Colbert will come out on stage and give him a nice hug.
Speaker 2: That's gonna be a hard thing. Help to heal the nation? Michael? What with Trump? The new hitler in the White House.
Speaker 1: Katie Green is our esteemed newswoman. She has a final thought, Katie.
Speaker 5: I have put together a Katie's Corner which is up at Armstrong Getty dot com.
Speaker 2: And there is a bear video in there just for you. Jack. I'm still traumatized. Did it destroy your kayak? Bear? Jack? Final thought for us? Yeah?
Speaker 5: I don't think Jimmy Kimmel is as smart as he thinks he is, or as he likes to portray himself.
Speaker 2: And he said something just dumb.
Speaker 5: It's just dumb, right, And and he's gonna go on tonight and just be so pompous and smug, and an audience is going to tear up cheering. I don't think the FCC should prush him off the air either, by the way, but it's gonna be hard to take.
Speaker 1: Well, you've stolen my final thought, whether it's Brendan Carr or Trump. And it's useful to rail against these people in the whole you know, populism culture, we're thing and I get that. But the marketplace, we'll do a fine job of saying for instances and Clara Nextstar have said, we don't want this jackass Hunter's TV stations and we're not gonna air him anymore.
Speaker 2: Let let private enterprise, Let the people deal with it. We don't need the government.
Speaker 5: Armstrong and Getty wrapping up another grueling four hour workday, so.
Speaker 1: Many people, thanks a little time go to Armstrong Yetty, Armstrong Eddy dot Com.
Speaker 5: See you tomorrow. God bless America.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm strong and Juddy Show.
Speaker 5: Macron is standing there and he's arguing with the police, and apparently Trump.
Speaker 2: Just says you should walk.
Speaker 5: Yeah, tough, Croissance ma chrona, get walking. Maybe your dude wife can carry you.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Oh wait a minute, you're gonna get sued like canvas owns, you maniac.
Speaker 2: I'm strong and