Speaker 1: Let's do it.
Speaker 2: This is five hundred billion AI investment.
Speaker 3: I'm ver very honest. I already picked a good lesson. And when you have battles too, you can't have too many. So I picked my battle with Tim Cook and Apple. Regardless of what I may think about the circular investment, I will never say nothing bad about a video.
Speaker 1: So I'm a video vendor.
Speaker 3: I do think it's very interesting to have this partnership between Apollo, Blackstone, Gold and Sacks, all amazing companies on the publicly traded markets, all good investments. Long term, I do want to see how this develops. I was interested on your thoughts on what you think of it. Is it a good sign that the industry is going in the right direction, or is there like a continuation of the circular investment that is now getting broader since all the banks are involved.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think on the the the barecase, I think you have to look at it right that circular piece. I think the bold case. I think it's encouraging. When we talk about CAPEX, we're usually talking about cash flow from companies and that CAPEX is funded, and we keep talking about this trillion dollars that's going to be spent this year, and that's coming predominantly from these four hyperscalers. But when you start hearing institutional firms, right Apollo, like you said, Blackstone, Golden, Sacks, and a few others, that means that institutions are now putting money in here, and it won't solely be hyperscalers, it'll be in addition with so five hundred billion is nothing to sneeze that. The fact that Nvidia has their hand in this as well, I don't I mean, what else can we say about this company right like art, it's it's almost I don't know what other supports we can give to it. They're being in this because obviously, when institutional investors are gonna look, the first thing that they're gonna need is compute, And so you keep pairing this tone, Oh, it's going to Compute will be a trader asset.
Speaker 1: In the future, it's a class on.
Speaker 4: Asset class and every step that gets taken you can slowly see that that is becoming more and more likely. Right now, the question is that five hundred billion dollar investment, can they get a trillion dollar return.
Speaker 3: That then one to two ratio? And that's scary because I personally like a five x return. I don't think we're going to get a two point five trillion dollar return out of that. But I never have anything bad to say about the video, And for those you're gonna ask a price that I do like for in videos one ninety nineteen.
Speaker 1: If it falls to the area, that's a place I would would like to buy.
Speaker 3: But when I'm looking at return tables, it's going to be hard to get a five or seven x out of a five hundred billion dollar investment. Now, that maybe your goal, but if I don't see a pathway to get in there, that is kind of scary.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think.
Speaker 4: I mean it's encouraging, right, So we got you, said Apollo, Blackstone, black Rock, Brookfield, Goldman, SAS and KKR. We knew that the conviction was there because we knew that the hyper scale is the smartest people in the world, the smart CFOs and some of the smartest engineers in the world of tech are behind that investment. Now to have the biggest institutions in the world also be in that same investment for me, that's a bullet sign. Do you do you feel the same way or is there still like a beer case?
Speaker 3: No, no, no, no, no, no, absolutely because even at that level, and I talked about it on stage, like the put car ratio of a stock matters how much they're invested in what percentage into a fund. But when you see this is kind of like a post ipo to a certain degrey, like when we went on Wall Street. You see all the banks collaborating. When the big boys get together and when they're putting in fifty billion at a time for a project, they're going to ensure that it works. This is almost like a digital infrastructure build a different version of build back better and so long term, I do think there is a long term case. And it's also showing that it's the last big frontier of something you can invest in at scale that I'm looking for return into five or ten years out. So yeah, it's definitely a bulls skates for then these are not the bottom of a tier ranks. They're all putting money in together and no hedging on it. They're not investing in this and shorting amb They're positive on the stock and then positive on the development of it.
Speaker 1: So that's a great sign.
Speaker 4: You bring up a great point, how many times will we see this level investment from this many big players for the same technology that tells you the points of it. They're not just saying, hey, we're doing this for charity. They're doing this because it's not just one trillion they're looking for. They're looking for how do we get to five? How do we get to ten?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Good point.
Speaker 2: Let's talk about how long can tech lead?
Speaker 3: I think you want to start. I know a lot of industries have a shelf life. If you look at railroads, if you look at oil and gas, and you can argue to certain degree energy and oil and gas still runs the world through the partnership through tech. I think it's a great question, but it's also misaligned. If you are a great long term investor, tech is going to run our lives for the next hundred years, and if the oligarchs have anything to do with it, we will be in a permanent tech prison. There's been some conversations on f tech is going to stop being the number one consideration and an investment portfolio. And the truth is our greatest exp to the world in America for the publicly traded markets is our technology. You can make the argument is it good or bad? Is it destroying connection? And families and all that. That's another conversation. But in the worst case scenario, tech probably has like another sixty years to run. And then if once we get out to the twenty.
Speaker 1: Nineties, do we think tech will be less or more so?
Speaker 3: Sometimes we can overcomplicate investment too much and then we're trying to time. Once again, that's a big short mindset. When is this industry going to fall apart? My short ass is never. Tech is being included in healthcare, is being included in the oil and glasses, being included in industrials, is being included in education, as being introduced to farming.
Speaker 1: You can argue technology ruined farming. Tech isn't.
Speaker 2: Tech actually revolutionized farming though too? Think about it?
Speaker 1: Good?
Speaker 3: What's out of the cornin if you're a farmer, not so much now scale ra Sha, I agree with you. But if you're a farmer, maybe not so much. But if you're a technologist, that could make it more efficient for sure.
Speaker 2: But like irrigation, that's problem. Yeah, but irrigation technology right, yeah, the cotton gin that's technology.
Speaker 3: Well, we're not going to talk about that particular piece of tech because that was you know, well, the co the cotton gen is with into slavery.
Speaker 2: That's the thing that so this is this is an interesting way to look at it. Right, Slavery was ended by technology, not by political It wasn't we talked about Abraham Lincoln before. It wasn't political, it wasn't moral. Slavery, the institution of slavery was ended by technology once it became more it became inefficient to have human labor and more efficient to have machine labor, which is a form of technology at that time cutting edge technology that within itself kind of crippled the idea that we need people to pick kai.
Speaker 3: It went from overt slavery through Farman and those practices, and then it went covert into banking and then venture, which that money flows into technology.
Speaker 1: So I agree overtly it did.
Speaker 3: Covertly the racism shifted to a certain degree, and then you can argue then from there, the prison industrial complex developed off of the back of that technology.
Speaker 1: So it wasn't as overt. So we should call nineteen keys.
Speaker 4: I think the last segment kind of answers the question for this segment. I don't see a lifetime for us where it doesn't lead. I don't care what sector you're in. It is going to be the forefront of that sector. Whether it's education, whether it's industrials, whether it's healthcare, it will be the thing that disrupts it and changes it now better for worse. That could be a debate, but it is the thing that makes life again. The two things that we need most people want is efficiency and convenience. Right, technology allows for both, and so pick a sector, tech will lead it. I don't care what the company is, and so it will have the lead for the foreseeable future, which tells you why they're investing five hundred billion to turn this into a tradable asset. Where we're talking about compute, which is why five companies are spending a trillion dollars because they're expecting return on it. Which is why they're talking about having robotics, which is why they're talking about having space. Like all these things tell you that technology is going to lead the foreseeable future and who knows how many lifetimes.
Speaker 2: And also that was one of the things I listened to Mike Novercraftsmen. He was on to invest that stage, and he was talking about data centers. So this company just brought the name of rights to Texas Tech Stadium, and he's he's has operations in Texas now, so he's invested in data centers. And he was saying the cost of a data center, these costs of the data centers is crazy. I think he's like his company personally put like five billion. They financed twenty five billion, thirty billion all in for like one data center one. And he was talking about that on stage as far as like how much money is being poured into these data centers. So the tech spending, going back to the five hundred billion dollar investment, I mean, it's it's going to be it's unfathomable. And how much money is going to be spent on technology in the next Alicia Little had robots doing karate and if in the marketplace.
Speaker 4: I watched them do jiu jitsu. I watched them dance with the brat I hold. I watched them whole court, in the lobby and the whole ways. People were just like it was. They were blown away by it. Technology.
Speaker 3: Again, again, we were making the same point even from a cap table, an investment deployment scenario, It's not in many industries they will even elect you a lot that amount of money, Like think for even for us, we're fighting to get into rounds, and they're lessening the amount that we can get in because it's open subscribe. You can't go to a B to B real estate form and deploy one hundred million dollars easily, like there's not if you're raising funds. There's only a certain amount of avenues that you can even deploy that much capital scale, and that's through tech. You can't do it internationally in other venues in other sector. So for that reason alone, tech is going to continue to thrive because everybody's trying to open subscribe to.
Speaker 1: The seat round. The Series A, Series B, Series D,