Speaker 1: First date of follow up powered by the Advocates Injury Attorneys online at advocates dot com.
Speaker 2: Charlotte is on the phone today for our first day follow up and she's getting ghosted by a guy named Henry. So in a few minutes we're gonnall him and see if he tell us why is ghosting her and maybe get her another date. But first, Charlotte, how long has it beens as you heard from Henry?
Speaker 1: It's been a couple of weeks since I've heard from him, Which it's weird because we were friends before this, and we definitely texted now and again. So I'm just a little thrown. I'm curious and maybe a little hurt too.
Speaker 3: So, yeah, understandably, especially since you guys knew each other before. Yeah, what was your last interaction with him?
Speaker 1: Like? So, I actually planned on this whole day of events because of this kind of our first actual date, because we've been friends for a long time and i've been, uh, I've had a crush on him for kind of a while, and so I planned this day of dates. It wasn't too intense, but it was, you know, a bunch of different stuff. We went on a mini hike and then we got brunch at this place that I know both of us like, and then we recovered from brunch separately, we kind of slid up for a while, and then we met up for a concert in the park. So and you know, it was fun. I feel like we both had a really good time. So I just don't know what's going on. I mean, we didn't look at the.
Speaker 4: End, like we didn't kiss or anything, So I don't know if I'm supposed to read into that, but nothing bad happened, and so I just don't understand why I haven't heard from him at all.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So, when you guys decided to go on a date, was he also understanding that it was not a friend hangout and that it was a date. Did you guys have that conversation where like, oh, let's explore taking this to another level.
Speaker 1: I mean, we didn't like have that conversation, but I think it was pretty clear based on, you know, the way we were talking about it. And we've now hung out just the two of us that like for a whole day like that. I mean we have hung out the two of us, but not very often over the past several years. I mean, definitely not at this level, you know, I think, and he didn't ask. I think it was clear for both of us, you know. I mean that's what it feels like. I've had a crush on him, and I feel like probably he could tell at this point, you know, And so it just seems like we both knew and we both went out and we had a good time. I really I really wanted to work with him because I've just had feelings for him for a while and he's just kind of a special person to me. You know, he makes me laugh and he's he makes me feel safe and stuff, but also he's like guys guy, you know. So I feel it's just a good balance and we get along really well. You really like him.
Speaker 5: I really like him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like how many times you text him or try calling him? Well, I texted I try to go overdo it.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: I've texted him a couple times over the past couple of weeks, but we used to text. I mean before this day, we would text pretty regularly, like at least two or three days a week. You know, we're I mean we've been in contact, you know, we're friends, and that we watched on the same shows and stuff that we talked about that. But I just haven't heard from him, and like it's been it's been over two weeks now, so I just feel like it's not normal, and I just don't know what happened. I mean maybe, look, I don't know if I messed up. I guess after brunch like I had, I had a few mimosas, and I didn't think I was acting weird or anything. And I just know that when I got to the park for the concert, you know, for to get some drinks before the show, like he seemed maybe a little annoyed because I was I was late. I wasn't that late, but I was a little late. And but I asked him if he was annoyed, and he said no, he was just tired because we had already like a whole day, you know. So I don't know if it was that. I'm not sure.
Speaker 5: Okay, well we'll try to figure it out for you.
Speaker 2: Play a song come back, and then call him and see if he'll tell us why is ghosting you and maybe get you another date? Okay, Okay, thanks, all right, we'll play song come back and get your first day follow up next.
Speaker 5: If you're just joining us for today's first.
Speaker 2: Date, follow up, Charlotte is on the phone and she's getting ghosted by a guy named Henry. So in a second we're going to call him and see if he'll tell us why is ghosting her. But before we do that, Charlotte, why don't you refresh our memory on your date with Henry.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So, Henry and I have been friends for a while for a few years, and we definitely texted regularly over time, and we finally took it to the next level and went on a date. But it was kind of a whole day of stuff, hike and brunch in the show. But I haven't heard from him since then. It's been over two weeks, and that's weird because we usually do text during the week, so I don't know if something happened, but I'm feeling nervous about it, and I I just want to find out what's going on.
Speaker 2: You can't think of a reason why he'd be ghosting you, No, I mean.
Speaker 1: Like I said, I said, I was a little bit late for the concert. But I even asked him if he said it was an issue, and he said no, he wasn't annoyed about it. So that's kind of the only thing I can think of.
Speaker 5: Really, well, you're ready for us to call him?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I guess so, Okay.
Speaker 5: Here we go. Hi, Ma, I speak to Henry please.
Speaker 6: Yeah, this is Henry.
Speaker 3: How are you?
Speaker 5: My name is Jubil. I'm calling from a radio show. It's called The Jebel Show.
Speaker 3: Hi, Henry, I'm Nina also on the show. Hi.
Speaker 5: I'm Victoria. How are you?
Speaker 1: What's up? Guys? I'm good.
Speaker 5: Do you listen to the show at all?
Speaker 7: Uh?
Speaker 6: Not really?
Speaker 5: No worries.
Speaker 2: We're calling you because somebody you know does listen to the show and they email us about you.
Speaker 6: Okay.
Speaker 2: We do a segment called the First Day follow Up. That's where if you go out on a date with somebody and you end up ghosting them, that person can email us to ask you why you're ghosting them.
Speaker 6: Really, okay, I have no idea who you're talking about.
Speaker 5: Have you gone any dates recently?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 6: Well, I'm a personal but yes? Was it Kelly by Champ?
Speaker 1: No, it's not Kelly, Okay, Donna.
Speaker 5: No, I want to keep trying to tell you anybody else?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean that's really kind of it.
Speaker 6: I honestly don't know. Yeah, please don't me.
Speaker 3: You can't go to brunch or like a show with somebody.
Speaker 6: Okay, yeah, but you mean Charlotte.
Speaker 2: Yes, Charlotte emailed us and she wants to know why you're ghosting.
Speaker 8: Oh okay, I don't think I'm ghosting. I had no idea that was even a date, like what, because we're friends.
Speaker 6: I've known her for years. That was not a date?
Speaker 5: Was it was?
Speaker 3: She thought you were able to tell that she has had a crush on you for a long time?
Speaker 4: Wow?
Speaker 8: No, I thought we were just doing like a friend hanging sing all day, to be honest, like, and we spent the day which was super fun.
Speaker 6: It was fine. I had no idea she was interested in me, though.
Speaker 3: Does that change things for you?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I think so. I mean I she definitely too.
Speaker 8: I never thought of her like that, like you know what I mean. We never really went went that way.
Speaker 6: You know, we had sort of like boundaries and your friendship boundaries.
Speaker 7: And like I said, we hung off that day.
Speaker 1: Was totally fine.
Speaker 6: I just thought it was just a friendly hang I didn't know she had more like there's like feelings. This is like crazy.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 3: She reached out to you though, after you guys hung out that day and you didn't respond to her.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I like most too.
Speaker 8: I mean I caught up at work or like when friends text you don't get back to run away anything anything of it.
Speaker 2: Okay, Okay, well she definitely thought it was a date, and Henry, she's on the phone right now and I'll talk to you.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, what's up? Oh wow? Hey, Okay, this has been very much a roller coaster. I'm like kind of embarrassed honestly, but also Henry, like, really, you really didn't know. You really couldn't tell.
Speaker 7: I really couldn't tell. No, Like it was super obvious. We didn't get her anything, so there was no hearts.
Speaker 1: Me, but we were flirting now, oh my.
Speaker 9: Gosh, honestly, like I thought, I've been so obvious recently that there was no way that that you would have ever not thought that was a date, Like we haven't hung out that that much.
Speaker 1: Like, I mean, like it sounds like, what do you want him? Should it be a date? Should we? I mean, what do you think? You don't have to tell me right now? Oh my gosh, you don't have to tell her right now. I just I have fun and I don't know. Well, I mean, oh my.
Speaker 7: God, no, you know, I know this is crazy, This is totally crazy.
Speaker 8: I mean, so you're yes, I mean, if you want to go out like a real date, like make it official like a day, yes, hell yeah, I'm into it.
Speaker 7: You are?
Speaker 1: I mean, do you want to not to me? Do you want to?
Speaker 6: I do want to?
Speaker 1: Yeah? And I feel like an idiot for like not even realizing this.
Speaker 6: I'm like super stoked, like because I.
Speaker 8: Don't thought you were super too too, but like I never want to cross that friendship line.
Speaker 1: And oh my gosh, yeah.
Speaker 6: Of course, because once you cross that friendship line.
Speaker 1: And someone's on into you, then you look like an idiot and now.
Speaker 5: You're embarrassed and the friendship is and you have to call a radio station to call them.
Speaker 1: I'm oh my god, this is crazy.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so yeah, I yes, I'm super excited.
Speaker 8: Yes, yes, yes, like I'm in totally totally totally okay.
Speaker 2: Well I didn't even need to ask, but I have to because that's what happens in the segment. So, Henry, would you like go on another day with Charlotte?
Speaker 5: Will pay for it?
Speaker 3: Hell?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 5: The fourth Well, congratulations Charlotte, you got another date?
Speaker 1: Wow, thank you? This is amazing And maybe I'll need a copy of this in the future, so I might ask you for it to play at.
Speaker 3: Your wedding, Okay, but not to put pressure on it. Just a little advice. Right when you guys get together for that next date, just kiss right away because it'll take away all the anticipation and all the awkwardnesses to it right away.
Speaker 5: I mean, it just breaks it down away, you know. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Jubile's first Date follow up