Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This is Girls Talk Boys Talk, presented by Invisi Line, trusted by over five hundred NFL players for their winning smiles, and broadcasting live from Dallas Cowboys World headquarters at the Star. Now your host, Nicole Hutchison.
Speaker 3: Wake Up, Cowboys Nation, Welcome into Girls Talk Boys Talk, presented by in Vizline. Here in the SWBC studio, I'm Nicole, I said, alongside Brianna Aldridge.
Speaker 4: We've got Aisha Morrison here, ladies.
Speaker 5: What uh wait up.
Speaker 6: Right on you?
Speaker 5: Thank you?
Speaker 4: We're here early this morning.
Speaker 5: We are, We're doing am, We're doing the early.
Speaker 2: It's fine.
Speaker 4: It's all good though.
Speaker 2: I love this energy start the day.
Speaker 3: I want to start the day with some good stuff too. All right, let's talk linebackers. Well, actually, first, I know the Cowboys legends made a trip to the Star for practice.
Speaker 4: Over the weekend, and guys like Michael.
Speaker 3: Irvin, Tony Casillas. Let's go ahead and play that SOT as well, because yeah, had.
Speaker 4: Some good things to stimer.
Speaker 5: It's all good.
Speaker 3: We don't have the SAT just yet, but we're gonna get to it and just a little bit.
Speaker 4: But no, just from what you guys have seen on social media.
Speaker 3: I know we got a chance to see the fact that the guys brought in some cowboys Legends to watch the practice.
Speaker 4: They gave some good.
Speaker 3: Feedback about what Brian Schottenheimer is obviously bringing new that's different.
Speaker 4: To the culture.
Speaker 5: What have you all seen so far?
Speaker 4: The Legends.
Speaker 2: Culture culture, culture, that is the theme.
Speaker 6: And it's like you, it's so early, right, so this is what we get to focus on right now. But I just keep saying it every week because this is how I feel. I feel like Brian Schottenheimer is doing everything correctly. This is everything you want to see from a guy who is taking over. Like I said, we had those like doubts, questions, I want to say, doubts, more questions like Okay, what is he going to do? That is different than we've seen because when you're in a system, you kind of have created or been accustomed to certain things. But he's not taking anything that this franchise has done and feel like he has to keep it if you will. He's making it his own, and I think that's what's exciting seeing the Legends, like you said, come into the building, the guy's getting.
Speaker 2: Hyped up and what have you.
Speaker 6: Again, that is pretty from my experience covering other teams, that's pretty the norm of when you have a new head coach, regardless that they've been here or not in the system. So I feel like, again, he's doing everything right. It's exciting. I'm excited to be here and see what the guy's do.
Speaker 2: In week three.
Speaker 6: There's certain things on my little notes that I'm looking for in particular, right and Justin and the guys elevate and keep going. I know Pickens is a guy that obviously we want to see what that connection keeps building with. There was some good things I saw about Pickins doing some push ups when CD mis to catch what doesn't happen often, So that's something you'd like to see.
Speaker 2: I know we'll get into it later.
Speaker 6: But just hearing Tyler got in taking a lot of accountability being in the locker room last season, that's something I didn't hear.
Speaker 2: A ton of.
Speaker 6: So it's just this is everything that you want again, it's super early. It's hard not to, you know, jump the gun and say we're going all the way or okay, we got baby steps obviously we're rooming off a tough twenty twenty four season. But yeah, social media is buying in. The guys are buying in. I'm buying in.
Speaker 2: That's how I feel.
Speaker 7: But that's crazy because I feel like social media is buying in and then you have the people that are like we talk about culture, that's that's what we're talking about.
Speaker 5: And I just I don't know, I feel like with this.
Speaker 7: In particular, with us being here and then obviously going through ot OTA's obviously there's only so much you can take from OTAs. However, you can feel energy, you can, you know, see how the players are reacting to certain certain things. We do get to see things, like Nicole pointed out to me during practice, was like man Shatty is everywhere, he touches every point on the field.
Speaker 5: He's personable.
Speaker 7: And I mean even in talking to the few gentlemen I've spoken to, I know you ladies have spoken to.
Speaker 5: You can feel the difference and just.
Speaker 7: How they are legitimately looking forward to putting this on the field and working up to that point. And to your point, Brie, it is I do think that like we did get to see, like with the legends coming in and stuff like that. I think I heard Michael Irvan say that the energy is just there's a calmness to the to the team, and I think you see that in their body language and how they're reacting and stuff like that. Obviously in practice, I think I guess one of the biggest things that stood out to me was just some of the things that they're doing pre snap to start again. They can't show us way too much, but just kind of getting little hints of the things that they're kind of looking to possibly do was interesting for me, And I'm sure we'll get more into that later.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're gonna get into uh, I know what you mentioned about Tyler guy. We're gonna dive into him the second segment, but real quick, kind of piggybacking off of what Ayishad mentioned about the culture and the things that these guys are just looking forward to doing. You saw a guy like jan Ye tweet you know it's fun again, yeah again, And hearing from Demon Clark, you know, a guy who kind of went flew under the radar last year with the new coaching staff. I mean, he's kind of just a little bit more pumped of what this new coaching staff is bringing not only Shoddy but Matt Eberflus Apparently he has some good things cooking up for him. But I do want to touch on the linebackers because we haven't really touched on them this offseason much.
Speaker 4: But something that they've all mentioned.
Speaker 3: Is this this scheme is obviously them just flying to the ball like they want to be a physical, fast flying defense.
Speaker 4: Stopping the run though something that.
Speaker 2: We struggled with last it's taking out the church.
Speaker 3: But just with the new additions, you've got a guy like Jack Sanborn who could possibly be filling in the shoes for Demaran Overshown, Kenneth Murray who they obviously traded for.
Speaker 4: A couple of guys.
Speaker 3: Young guys like Shamar James as well out of Florida.
Speaker 4: Do y'all think that this is a new personnel.
Speaker 3: That you feel could do at least a little bit better and stopping the run with what obviously is too early, it's too early to tell. You have seen nothing spectacular, yeat, but just about you know what you guys have seen previously of what they've been able to do.
Speaker 2: I personally, this is a group. Don't laugh at me.
Speaker 5: We're laughing because I feel like I know what you goes.
Speaker 6: Yeah, go ahead, say okay, you gotta see it first. Let's just start there. You gotta see it first. It's early. It's it's awful that Da Marion Overshon had this season where we just saw the light and it was just taken away with injury once again for him. Right, but even even talking to him last week in the locker room, you got you feeling optimistic, right, you know how he is like, I'm gonna be back by this game.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be fine.
Speaker 6: He's hyped up, he's got the you know, number zero, he's we know when he comes back, even though it's gonna take him time to get to where he was. I'm excited to see him back. But until further notice, he's not in this group. So there is and we talked about this briefly last week. There's a lot of unknowns, so I'm looking at what's new. I have high the ceiling is high in my opinion, I said last week from Marrisley. If I straight up, I'm I'm looking at this group is solid. If he's solid, that's that. Jack Sambourne seems like a guy with a lot of energy, Kenneth Murray. I'm I have a little question mark about him just because he has struggled in recent years where he came from. And then Shamar James. Honestly, I think it says a lot for the Cowboys. Obviously there was there was no movement in the fourth round. So you're sitting there in the fifth round and you decided to trade up for this guy. There's that that speaks for all to me I have down to your starter. Keep it in mind that he had the opportunity to go to Georgia, Alabama and turn those down decided to go to Florida. I think that awful. Says a lot athleticism and what he can bring. I think he's gonna be a rotational guy in this eber Flu system. Some concerns when I had in notes with other guys. Justin Barroon, I believe you brought him up as well, undrafted free agent out of Syracuse and the scating report says shaky instincts as a run defender, barnacles got So I'm like, okay, I honestly, I think that one had the biggest question mark for me because we know what the problem is here. So when I look at those two guys. I'm like, Okay, what is Shamar James and Justin Baron really going to do? And I don't know if Justin Baron's gonna be the guy to help stop the run, but I think he is someone who can has decent speed for what that position is. And when you're talking about contributing to what the Cowboys are good at doing technically right now, but it stopping the running new So what do you think?
Speaker 7: Oh goodness, no, it's it's gonna be important for them to stop the run this year. I mean, obviously, we've been talking about it at nauseum for the last couple of years. I think obviously it starts up front, ladies, it starts with that defensive interior.
Speaker 5: What are you getting from that? Is Mazi gonna take a jump? Obviously?
Speaker 7: You brought in Solomon Thomas, who is a gentleman that does play the run fairly well. He is a little lighter in the butt, but he is able to be physical at the point of attack. Jay Tuya is another gentleman that we saw get some reps last week.
Speaker 5: He's more of just a wall than a pass.
Speaker 7: Rushing get up field, a defensive tackle like I said, it starts up front.
Speaker 5: Can they keep these guys clean?
Speaker 7: Are these guys gonna be able to come through and rip through and tackle? And then also too, when you talk about the linebackers, I will say the difference between last year and this year that I actually appreciate is the fact that there.
Speaker 5: Are veterans in this room.
Speaker 7: Obviously Kendricks got brought in a little late, but his mentorship is something that the player has talked about and I've been saying for a while now, is that the linebacker position needs mentorship. And so with Sambourne coming in his history with Chicago and ibra Flus, he is a run stopping linebacker.
Speaker 5: He has a willingness to do that.
Speaker 7: I'm wondering is he going to be the mic or if they're going to let Murray be the mic. Now, I think that Murray operates better at the will position, being able to play a little bit free. And then obviously maybe Mayrist is a sam which is what he did a lot last year, which is basically he's just coming strong side, helping, he's scraping, he's making room for the other linebackers to make tackles.
Speaker 5: And things like that.
Speaker 7: He did a lot of the dirty work last year, so I don't I'm trying to pay attition to who's going to.
Speaker 5: Be doing what moving forward.
Speaker 7: But the only upside I think last year I felt a little bit more excited about the linebacker.
Speaker 5: Corps because you have Mayors de Marrion coming back.
Speaker 7: You like, Okay, you got Kendricks, the veteran, So I was a little bit more excited. But I do like that the Cowboys did go out and get some veteran guys to kind of help these younger gentlemen that are still developing into the position because it does take some time. But yeah, it's they're gonna be asked too. They're gonna be asked to do a lot of, like I said, of the dirty work. And also too, I do think some of these gentlemen will get past rush opportunities depending on now, is Michael gonna play linebacker?
Speaker 5: Because because I could just that's.
Speaker 7: Something I'm keeping my ad on out on as well as we get into mini camp, into training camp when it is managory to be here and all that stuff. So yeah, I will see how this linebacker course shapes out.
Speaker 5: I'm not down on it right It's like not.
Speaker 7: I'm not down on it because there's purpose in the way that they put it together. Just we we gotta see it because this run defense, we've been talking about it for years and it's time for it to take the step.
Speaker 6: And I wouldn't be surprised if this is a group where they start. Like you said, this is a group compared to last year. There's better in pieces now. I think that's a scary part. You've got some success with some and what's gonna happen. But I wouldn't be surprised that they continue to add once we get to camp. They like to bring a one point five mil guy in here that experience and could be a little bring some more competition, could be I mean, injuries happen.
Speaker 2: We all know the name of the game.
Speaker 6: So I feel like this is a group that could still be add some spices to it here.
Speaker 7: Nicole, where do you think that DeMont Clark fits? That's I wanted to ask you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, why do you think that he fits in this rotation? Because you got to put him.
Speaker 3: You have to put him. He's not a mic guy. He's not a guy that's gonna run the defense. So it also depends on what Eberflus decides to do as far as like nickel packages and things like that, and how I don't know, because I like to see a.
Speaker 4: Little bit more of Maris maybe at the MIC.
Speaker 3: We saw him playing the green dot a lot last year, and even Jack, I don't I'm not sure where demon fits honestly, but he seems to think that ibra Flus has some good things to, you know, kind of implement a little bit more him a little bit more this year, So I'm not sure. I'm not sure what you think.
Speaker 5: I don't know. That's what I'm looking at as well.
Speaker 7: And You're right, he did play better when he wasn't asked to be the decision maker, when he was kind of the guy that you know, came and helped cleaned up or he played off ball. I thought that he played better when he was better closer to the line of scrimmage as opposed to being, you know, a lot of steps back. So he's seeing where he fits is gonna be important moving forward.
Speaker 5: But I think Murray.
Speaker 7: Is the guy that can make or break this deep this linebacker room as far as like where he fits and what he's able to do. I think Sanborne's your MIC, I was, and again I think that Maris was from my understanding, I think when I was on the Drive show that they do intend for him to be the MIC. But Sanborn, if Sanborne can take that over right now and give Maris, you know, if Maris is your best will right now, then you move them over there and you get you're best strong right now, which I think he is.
Speaker 5: You let him do that.
Speaker 7: So that's that's gonna be the thing, the shuffling and seeing who's gonna be where. All I know is is that Shoddy said they putting the boo the best guys on the field, And that's what I care about is that whoever is starting for this team at this position is that they've earned it and that they're the guy that's supposed to be there, so you can start off on a good foot. I'm tired of people coming in in the first ten snaps they like, oh y'all don't want that on a day.
Speaker 2: I'm really open that.
Speaker 7: I'm really open that this defensive line sets the tone early.
Speaker 5: Yeah, this team moving forward. Yeah.
Speaker 6: I thought it was interesting to monk Clark was a guy's name. I was kind of just kind of seeing with some of the local writers. I like to see what the local writers are saying, not the nationalist, just because the local guys are here each and every day.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 6: He was one of the guys on the possible post June first cuts, and I was reading it and it was kind of not as much as other people because he would only free will not say only, but freeing up three point four mil is what I wrote down if that were to happen, And I thought that wasn't a lot of money.
Speaker 2: But I guess if you.
Speaker 6: Look at it, they got three guys that need to eventually get signed here and there, they're probably not going to sign on though we'd obviously know Micah's ahead of the list here, but every dollar counts kind of thing. But I also kind of going on a little bit off tangent, just because Osa had said something in his.
Speaker 2: Presser last week that stood out to me.
Speaker 6: And he wasn't going like against or saying anything negative about other coaches, but he just said, watching film last season, I feel like if I was given some of the tidbits that I'm getting at this point, some of those plays wouldn't happened. I wonder when we're talking about the Mont Clark, as Nicole had mentioned, kind of went under the radar. I wonder if this is a guy who will wasn't really relevant but eberluflus the system, a guy who is known for establishing linebackers like this is this is his bread and butter.
Speaker 2: Defense is his bread and butter.
Speaker 6: I wonder if the guy like da MOONK Clark will not just be get more opportunities out of like special teams. He's not gonna just be this special team's favorite if you will, you know what I mean.
Speaker 7: So yeah, it's gonna help that he does play special teams though, But yeah, I agree, I want.
Speaker 6: To sure, but I just feel like we never really saw what this guy could do this whole time he was here and last year.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 2: That's just what Osa said to me.
Speaker 6: I was like, I wonder if that's going to play out with some of these other players, you know what I mean, Like, I don't know it kind of he seemed like that was very much genuine.
Speaker 7: So yeah, no, if that's how they feeling, that's how they feeling, and that's the information we got.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well we also got some other good information out of Tyler Gut and we're going to take our first break and break that down up next right here on Girls Talk Boy Stok will be back.
Speaker 8: How do you tell the world about all the great gifts in the Yetti Store? Letter Rip Troy.
Speaker 9: All right, folks, let's get started with the Yeddy, French Press and joy co This stay's hot for hours and French Press thirty four ans for U six four with the cruise of Yetty French Press. What mixed waterproof bags, bags and waterproofs? Some Where's wall waterproof, Devil's waterprove bag bags for as most of the watershed. To get a waterprove YETI bag. Gonta smell something cooking pot New cast iron skillets may be passed down like Mama's recipes. Take a steak, cornback commerce pot, pine and potatoes. Next over with three sizes of the Yetty cast iron skillets.
Speaker 8: Gear gifts and product experts visit the Yetti Store on McKinney Street and at South Lake Town Square.
Speaker 10: Today discover Aiden, the official luggage partner of the Dallas Cowboys and Dallas Cowboys cheerleaders. Known for top cheer engineering and craftsmanship, Aiden offers more than just bags originating from Australia and designed in New York. Emerges five design and culture used by Dallas Cowboys player's staff and the entire organization. Aiden provides style and functionality for all travelers. Visit aidendebrand dot com and use code aidenex Cowboys for twenty five percent off your purchase. Travel like your favorite stars with Aiden.
Speaker 11: When you're on the field, you know what it takes to lead your team and play with confidence. But that confidence should just stop at game time. It should follow you off the field too. Join over five hundred NFL players who trust in this Align the number one doctor recommended clear a liner brand. Do it for confidence on and off the field. Do it for you. Ready to take the first step towards a smile you'll love, don't wait. Visit in vis Aligned dot com, slash NFL and find a doctor near you today. Transform your smile and take your confidence to the next level, both on the field.
Speaker 12: And off Cowboys fans. When it comes to navigating the ever changing world of tax, your business needs a partner it can trust to tackle even your biggest tax challenges.
Speaker 2: Ryan is the largest firm in.
Speaker 12: The world dedicated exclusively to business taxes. Our team of tax professionals, has local expertise in all areas of tax and can help you uncover savings opportunities you didn't know you had. Learn more about how Ryan can improve your overall corporate tax performance by visiting Ryan dot com. Ryan the official tax partner of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 7: The Konka coof Gold Cup is back at at and T Stadium with two doubleheaders. Watch Costa Rica take on the Dominican Republic and Suriname face Mexico.
Speaker 5: On June eighteenth.
Speaker 7: Then on June twenty second, the United States meets Haiti and the Dominican Republican take Dominican Republic takes on Suriname. Don't miss your chance to see the best soccer teams in North America.
Speaker 5: Get your tickets for both days now at seadeep dot com.
Speaker 2: Woo, y'all watch soccer.
Speaker 7: The only reason I started because of Haley and I was like, oh, this is kind of interesting, the baby, the cardio involved.
Speaker 4: I grew up playing soccer. I'm miss those days.
Speaker 6: I hate shooting it as a when I was a photographer because why aren't y'all scoring?
Speaker 2: I'm trying to get back to the studio.
Speaker 3: Yeah, my highlights maybe you're gonna be waiting nicely white a lot boy.
Speaker 7: It's about be this be lit because one thing about side games, they'd be hype. Get your tickets seeking credit here first it will be little. I don't know what else gonna be lit, all the transitions.
Speaker 5: Mini camp.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that this season, hopefully was a Schottenheimer.
Speaker 2: We didn't get a chance to listen.
Speaker 4: To Tony because as a sound bite, but we got it now, Chris, go ahead and take it away.
Speaker 13: It was Legends Day on Friday at the Cowboys OTAs and I just want to thank coach. I want to thank Coach Schottenheimer for having us out from the from the team meeting to the individual meetings, to the walkthrough to the actually on the team drills out on the field. It was a tremendous vibe and energy. And I know it's OTAs, but what I've heard it's a totally different environment vibe. The McCarthy was there. Nothing to be negative, but it's noticeable and keeps it loose, but focus on the task, the energy, the tempo of moving to drills to drills, and just an urgency and really just having this good attitude and creating some confidence and everything that goes along with that, with building the continuity and co Shottenheimer he has done that. I know it's OTA's and tapped the brakes, but it's one hell of a start. I just saw a lot of team unity out there, and I think that's important when you're trying to build something special. George Pickens look awesome. That's going to be pretty scared on outside of the ball and the coaches. They're passion and how they're coaching. You can tell and it's definitely authentic. So with that happy Monday, lookout cowboys.
Speaker 5: Like what he said.
Speaker 4: They had a lot of good stuff. But I like that you mentioned about the attitude.
Speaker 3: It's kind of it's noticeable, especially with a guy like Tyler Guyton who you know, Bri you mentioned earlier. He is taking accountability of you know, his struggles last year, a guy who obviously committed a team leading eighteen penalties needed some work.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I know, I heard, but.
Speaker 3: No, according to PFF, he finished with a forty nine point four rating, seventy third amongst tackles in the NFL. Obviously his rookie season needed some growth and development there. But you heard from Brian Schottenheimer last week, and he had basically praised him, said that he's been one of the first guys in the building this off season, one of the last guys to leave.
Speaker 4: He quote looks great.
Speaker 3: And by the way, we actually saw him in practice last week, Me and Aisham Brie were like, dang, he kind.
Speaker 5: Of leaned up a little bit too.
Speaker 3: Definitely he's been working, you know, and so just just what what what have y'all seen from Tyler Guiden That kind of gives you all the confidence that he can kind of man that left tackle position.
Speaker 7: Finally, well, the first thing that Brian Shott, first thing that comes to mind is what Brian schotten Humber said in his presser last week, is that he thinks that what Clayton Adams and Riley want to do fit what Tyler does well fundamentally. And I would also agree with the other tackle on the other side, with Terrence Steele. Both of these gentlemen are very athletic. They are not the most powerful. Do they have the ability to do that, yes, But these are guys that can get up in space, that can clamp onto people, that can latch on to people and move people out the way. And so to me, it's also too the technical factors. These guys have had different offensive line coaches, different philosophies. You got two of to me, obviously Riley and what he did at Kansas State. He comes in, you know what they've done, what they did with that offensive line there, and then Clayton Adams comes in from the Cardinals with the success that he saw in his run as an OC there.
Speaker 5: I think you have.
Speaker 7: Two of the better run scheming offensive coordinator type guys in this room, and I think that's gonna help these guys in their development as well. So for me, he's already putting in the work. We saw that he's leaned out a little bit, which is important. But also to Schadenheimer mentioned that schematically and fundamentally that these guys fit is important to me, and we've seen that.
Speaker 5: We see that across the league.
Speaker 7: Some guys just don't fit certain places, they don't do things well.
Speaker 5: So that's what's.
Speaker 7: Keeping me optimistic about him growing this year is that we could see the technical side get better with him.
Speaker 6: I feel like last year, again it's really early, but listening, I mean, when anytime it's the first round pick, the media is just gonna we're gonna swarm them. That's just how we want to hear what he has to say. We want to see how he's doing, and he was very much last year when the mistakes and the penalties and some of the injury stuff that he was going through what have you. It was just kind of like, Okay, what's going on out there? How do you get better? And just like I just got to do better. Like there wasn't really any substance to what he was saying, if that makes sense. It was just like yep, I'm gonna do better next game, and then it just never happened, and then we were eight games in and it was just going downhill, right. But what was different this time is he was, like Nicole said, he was taking accountability. It was asked going from right tackle left tackle.
Speaker 2: Was that part of what like.
Speaker 6: He I felt like it was almost like free bait where you could say like yeah, like you know, like it was a tough transition from college and learning a new position coming to left tackle into the NFL, and he was just like he's like, no, I'm not going to use that as an excuse.
Speaker 2: Like he was like, straight up, I just have to do better.
Speaker 6: And part of what I'm doing to get better is realizing I gotta change what I eat. And I was laughing because the boys eating a lot of salmon, okay, but he was like literally going into detail what he's and you can see it's making a difference. He looks a lot leaner. We might have to get some tips. I know, I'm trying to get the waist snatched. I might have to hit up Guyan and get that back.
Speaker 2: But no.
Speaker 6: Like I also like the fact that he had mentioned Tyler Smith and saying that is a what did he say?
Speaker 2: What is the quote? Something mofo. He's a strong mote.
Speaker 6: I can't say the word obviously, yeah, but he's we get it, you get it, all right. But I say that because it also it's letting me know that Guyon has accepted Tyler Smith as this leader the whole room has. I feel like you kind of saw it last year because Martin was hurt and what have you.
Speaker 2: But now that he's officially out of the building.
Speaker 6: I liked even when we heard from Tyler Smith, I like the acknowledgment and how he said, yeah, like you know, Goydon had his struggles. It was a it was a struggle but he's doing everything right from that struggle, I see it and now basically back because y'all about to see it all three of the Tyler's Seannheimer has been impressed with And god, I.
Speaker 2: Don't know how Tyler Tyler Tyler Tyler.
Speaker 3: Y'all yeah, they got TG Yeah.
Speaker 2: I was like, what are the nicknames going on? Literally?
Speaker 5: What is it? What is it?
Speaker 4: TG, TS TV, I don't like the ts.
Speaker 7: The sociology major and me wants to like, do it man, find out why this is the Tyler.
Speaker 5: There's appeal to the Tyler.
Speaker 6: It's a lot of Tyler hopefully all of them cook. But but no, that's what stood out to me about him. He wasn't taking the bait to make excuses. He was telling us what he's actually doing. He said, I what I did last year was not good enough. I didn't meet the standard of how I what I want to be. I'm nowhere close and again early, but it's everything you want to hear. And it didn't sound like I've been doing these type of things for what nine years now? You kind of can tell when it's memorized for her, Yeah.
Speaker 5: You definitely can.
Speaker 2: And it didn't feel like that that's all I'm gonna say.
Speaker 6: Yeah, So this guy ain't gonna do peak, don't know, but I feel like he's doing everything to make me believe that there is going to be something you're gonna see.
Speaker 2: Out there is different and you need that. This old line was tough.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and what else my bag ahead, No, I was gonna. I was gonna say, what else you need is depth? Quality, depth, and just have your starting left tackle take that huge step into this year.
Speaker 4: Excuse me, my stomach was loud.
Speaker 3: But awesome Richards, you know, a guy who they're expecting a lot of as well, just because you don't necessarily know if you know, injuries happened. We've seen that the last well since I've been here the last two years, where it's been just inconsistency with this offensive line because of injuries. So, I mean, do y'all feel like the depth is there with Awesome Richards and Nathan Thomas just yet?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'm Nathan Thomas is a name that is definitely got swept under rugg last year, a guy that I've definitely been.
Speaker 5: Looking at to see how he competes.
Speaker 7: But Austin Richards has played snaps in this NFL he starts. He's played starting level reps at the left tackle position. He is somebody that Schottenheimer was asked about as well, and he said, he doesn't say much. He just plays at a high level. And it's true. Saw him make some big changes in his physical being last year to be ready and things like that. So yeah, him taking that step and being that reliable swing tackle because again, yeah, there's no more too many doga and too many doga was your swing tackle type?
Speaker 5: Guy?
Speaker 7: Can Austin Richards come in and man that with this seventeen game season. That's something that we're gonna be looking for as well. But with Guyton, I'm just y'all, we're gonna obviously he deserves the chance. Tyler Smith saying, you know, like, yeah, he didn't play that.
Speaker 5: Well last year. He'd been there.
Speaker 7: You know what it's like to be heavily penalized, to have to work on his hand placement to do all those things.
Speaker 5: But let me tell you something, if these tackles come on with it, I believe this interior is gonna be good.
Speaker 7: Obviously, you have Tyler Booker, He's gonna have his few struggles as a rookie. Book whatever Tyler Booker, Cooper Bebe, Tyler Smith. You're hoping that's your interior of the future and that's where they're really strong at. But if Terrence Still and Tyler Goiden come along, then you're talking about maybe this offensive line taking a step into a level of dominance. So I'm really looking at these two tackles as the big determining factor because I mean, I think Tyler Booker gonna rumble.
Speaker 6: Even tried to play down like it's just nugget, and it is, He's just nugs but still, but you know, he did say to your point, like you know, Tyler Brooker, we're moving him around, Rock Coffin, We're moving him around like they are definitely want to see Like you said, who are my best players?
Speaker 7: Creating competition is what creates believe.
Speaker 6: I'm just like, whatever, it's hard since he came in to the start, it took over since as soon as he walked off, him and his family Okay, his mama had the power suit on, all right, he got oh.
Speaker 2: That's what was for everything?
Speaker 6: It was Sorry, I'm just checked now. I'm just like, this is this is an exciting.
Speaker 2: Group, like it really is.
Speaker 6: And I think Tyler Smith is the guy that you want leading this group, and that's who you have, and it feels like guiding. And I'm sure Booker is feeling the same, but I feel like Goetting more particular is like you said, this is he's seeing he wasn't good enough. Right. You don't want to be the guy who's continuously not being good enough as a first round pick. You know the media is not gonna leave me alone because you got that last year.
Speaker 2: You could tell he was like, damgn I'm her again. Yes we are, Yes we are.
Speaker 6: So I feel like he's gravitating towards Tyler Smith and letting that you know, under his wing and that's who that's that's the guy you want him to be following.
Speaker 3: I think this offensive line could take a huge up this year with the area that's kind of or.
Speaker 4: The mentality that they have.
Speaker 3: Uh talking to guid and he had told me that about book or a little funny thing he had said that he don't speak like he don't speak.
Speaker 4: He's about his business and that's what it is.
Speaker 3: And apparently they have like offensive line like fines within the group and they'll like find them for like if you don't talk if you don't say nothing, or if you.
Speaker 4: Do stupid, be stupid stuff.
Speaker 3: So apparently, like you know, because Guidan used to get fined a lot, that's what he was telling me.
Speaker 4: He said, we're gonna start finding him if he don't open his mouth.
Speaker 3: But he's just so focused, like he's a guy that's always locked in every day coming in.
Speaker 4: Like so I thought that was that was kind of poor role.
Speaker 5: Here in that.
Speaker 2: I feel like he'd be a talker.
Speaker 3: No, apparently nothing quiet nah, from from what I know about him, and even in college, he's intense.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he's intense. And again I'm for at. I'm sorry, I wonder by doing a whole bunch of talking like.
Speaker 7: No, no, non, seriously, I'm not so you want to be personable and all this stuff.
Speaker 5: And I don't think he's saying that.
Speaker 7: But like, yeah, yeah, if he's locked in, he's what Uh.
Speaker 6: That just reminded me when you said that. I think Tyler Smith was the one who said he was kind of asked like what is different.
Speaker 2: About this here?
Speaker 6: And he was like, sometimes, coach gotta tell us he's just like we're just the OTAs or whatever, but tell us he got a realist.
Speaker 5: Back Tyler Smith said that.
Speaker 7: He said, you know, coach is having a reel them back because and that is one thing I didn't say before that I did take from practice. I don't know about y'all ladies, is that they are as much as they can compete in these competitive drills and whatever the competitive period they are competing, and the defense in the offense, I mean they talk and mess to each other. There's intensity there and so it does fall into what shottenheimers. Well, what Tyler said was like, hey, coach gotta be like, hey, listen, can't nobody be on the ground.
Speaker 5: We ain't nobody trying to get foind out here.
Speaker 2: Heeds be cool.
Speaker 6: I get hyped up when they start the warm up and the whistles be going. I want to jump in said hyped up.
Speaker 5: I love football sounds.
Speaker 2: I'm like, oh, this is so excited.
Speaker 3: What position on the offensive line are y'all most excited about?
Speaker 4: As far as competition? Sure, training camp competition.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we don't we.
Speaker 13: Period.
Speaker 6: I feel like that's at least for me, it's like a trick because sorry.
Speaker 5: Is it tackle?
Speaker 4: Is it left tackle?
Speaker 5: Because we want Tyler Gutten to win that spot.
Speaker 4: I'm going right guard. I think that's gonna be fun.
Speaker 5: Oh with Brock.
Speaker 3: Kaffman, Brock Kaffman, Tyler Booker, born Ac Yeah, I mean yeah, they are going to be moving guys around.
Speaker 7: I guess I want to see who can piece for the right tackle two spot mmm, because my lets Goo is still there, hakeem ADINGI is still there, is there? And then you have a Johnny Corneelius that you drafted I who takes that right.
Speaker 5: Tackle two spot.
Speaker 7: I think it's important because Terrence Steell has been, to me the most reliable person on this team for the last two years. He hasn't missed a snap, as I'm saying, like, he hasn't missed a snap, y'all like, and which is a blessing, But you also want to be considered of him, you know, moving forward and this being a long season, who's going to be that backup right tackle. Who's going to show themselves as somebody that can take that spot? Because every other spot, Nicole you talked about it with the depth you have allso richards behind Tyler Guiden, you have Nathan Thomas there, you have Tyler Smith, and then you have maybe a TJ. Bass or Brock Coffin at left guard, those guys are kind of interchangeable. At center, you have Dakota Shepley again, you have also brought k Hoffman, so it's like you have depth on the interior. That tackle spot though, that right tackle spot though, we still have not found out who could man that spot. If indeed, Terrence still just needs to take a.
Speaker 5: Breather, get some gatorades something, you know what I'm saying. Just anything.
Speaker 7: So that's one of the positions I'm really looking for, ladies.
Speaker 5: What about you, Bree.
Speaker 6: Honestly, I feel like for me it's going to be left tackle, and that's I'm just stuck there because girl, because we have there's such high hopes in the first round draftic they're always going to get some extra chances. That's just that's the name of the game, Specs. I feel like if this was another player, we'd be all right, what else we got? So I'm locked in on that. I'm not centered, I'm not really. I know there's a I just feel like that's kind of locked in. So interior offensive line, yes, there's gonna be a lot of movements, so that's where I'll keep an eye on.
Speaker 2: But I just want to see it with that left tackle is so important, Like what are we doing if we don't got it locked down?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 6: It needs to be and at what point in the season. My question would be where it's like, Okay, this isn't working, Like where where would you?
Speaker 7: Where would y'all at one point training camp, the quarterback is coming back from an injury.
Speaker 5: You do have time to play these games. I'm trying to be I'm just being honest with you, Like, whatever.
Speaker 7: This starting offensive line is going to be, I hope that it's established early because again you're talking about the communication, you talking about the hand signals.
Speaker 5: This is a new offense.
Speaker 7: I would like for this offensive line to be established sooner than later. I don't know about you, ladies, but I don't I don't want a whole bunch of back and forth.
Speaker 5: And I don't want to see my quarterback not knowing where.
Speaker 7: I don't want my left tackle not knowing where, my quarterbacks stepping after a drop.
Speaker 5: I don't like it. That fucks.
Speaker 6: And it has a lot to do with what they're trying to do with the run game as well, Like as of this moment, that's why they in it. There's nobody too spicy. Yeah, Like I know Blue could pop out and Williams like, we've seen him doing some stuff.
Speaker 2: Why am I forgetting the other the other man's name?
Speaker 5: Huh? The running back Miles Sanders House, I got you.
Speaker 6: I saw him doing some pass catching. Like there there's nobody as of right now where it's like like.
Speaker 2: Our wide receivers.
Speaker 6: It's like ah, and then it's the running backs like we don't know yet. But the fact that Dallas out rushed by six hundred yards by their opponents last year, that is is a concern.
Speaker 2: But it all starts up front.
Speaker 6: So I think if the O line can do what we think they can do, it's not gonna Really, I'm not gonna say we're not gonna need this the spicy name.
Speaker 2: If you will, Well, we got white.
Speaker 4: Spice in that wide receiver room. We're gonna take our second break. Spas talk about who else is spicy in that wide receiver room? All right, we'll take it. We'll be right back when more girls dog boys talk.
Speaker 10: Discover Aiden, the official luggage partner the Dallas Cowboys and Dallas Cowboys cheerleaders. Known for topchier engineering and craftsmanship, Aiden offers more than just bags originating from Australia and designed in New York. Emerges fashion design and culture used by Dallas Cowboys player's staff and the entire organization. Aiden provides style and functionality for all travelers. Visit aidendebrand dot com and use code Aiden x Cowboys for twenty five percent off your purchase. Travel like your favorite stars with Aiden.
Speaker 11: When you're on the field, you know what it takes to lead your team and play with confidence. But that confidence should just stop at game time, should follow you off the field too. Join over five hundred NFL players who trust in this aligne the number one doctor recommended clear a liner brand. Do it for confidence on and off the field. Do it for you. Ready to take the first step towards a smile you'll love?
Speaker 12: Don't wait.
Speaker 11: Visit in Divizelign dot com, slash NFL and find a doctor near you today. Transform your smile and take your confidence to the next level, both on the field and off.
Speaker 8: How do you tell the world about all the great gifts in the Yetti store? Letter rip Troy.
Speaker 9: All Right, folks Dot's get started with the Eddy French Press and joy coalb This Day's Hot for Hours and French Press thirty four ans for you, U six four for the cruise of yetty French Press. What mixed waterproof bags, bags of waterproofs and Wher's wall waterproof dovils, waterprove bay bags for as most of the waters. To get a waterprove Yetti bag. Don't smell something cooking po New cast iron skillets may be passed down like Mama's recipes. Take a steak, cornback, commerce pot pie and ptatoes next over well three sizes of the Yetti cast iron skillets.
Speaker 8: Gear gifts and product experts. Visit the Yetti Store on McKinney Street and at South Lake Town Square Today cowboys fans.
Speaker 12: When it comes to navigating the ever changing world of tax, your business needs a partner in control us to tackle even your biggest tax challenges. Ryan is the largest firm in the world dedicated exclusively to business taxes. Our team of tax professionals has local expertise in all areas of tax and can help you uncover savings opportunities you didn't know you had. Learn more about how Ryan can improve your overall corporate tax performance by visiting Ryan dot com. Ryan the official tax partner of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 5: The Weekend. The artist person is bringing the After Hours till.
Speaker 7: Don Stadium Stadium Tour to AT and T Stadium on August twenty seventh and twenty eighth. Catch this all new show in support of the full album album Trilogy with Playboycarti and special guests Mike Dean. Get your tickets today at SeatGeek dot com, the official tickening partner of AT and T Stadium.
Speaker 5: He'll listen to the film mof Face.
Speaker 2: A little bit. You Sometimes it can be a little like, yeah the weekend, Yeah.
Speaker 5: I can't listen. I go to the concept. You enjoy it out if you enjoy falsetto.
Speaker 3: All right, Welcome back into Girls Talk Voice Talk presented by in Busy Line.
Speaker 4: Of course, we talked Tyler Guiden.
Speaker 3: We talked about this offensive line. We've talked even the defensive line linebackers a little bit.
Speaker 5: Now we gotta talk wide receivers.
Speaker 3: We talked about the spice, pre mentioning the spice in this wide receiver room. Of course with Ceedee Lamb. You got George Pickens, but who else can bring some spice? Jalen Tolbert is trying to this year, and we heard from him in a locker room.
Speaker 5: About a week ago. I believe.
Speaker 3: Let's hear what he had to say about what his off season work has looked like.
Speaker 14: Truly sharpen than everything. You never want to be stagnant as a wide receiver, and so just continue to work every aspect of a wide receiver position where there's route running, releases, whatever it is top of the route. So just continue and the girl continue to stack days.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, just a nudget.
Speaker 4: I know Jayalen Tober ready to take the next step. I'm gonna just go out there and just ask.
Speaker 7: Let me tell you something. You asked, how who can bring some spice bebbe? If Jonathan Mingo step up, then that will.
Speaker 5: Spice up some things in that room.
Speaker 7: And that's that's with the addition, with the addition of pickings of George Pickens.
Speaker 5: It does we talked about it.
Speaker 7: It should take pressure off of a guy like Tober, It should take pressure off of a guy like Jonathan Mingo. But I do think there is a legitimate competition. Oh yes, the Cowboys went obviously, Jalen Tobert was drafted in the third round, Bebe.
Speaker 5: Mingo not that far behind.
Speaker 7: They gave up a fourth so depending on how you evaluate them. There's legitimacy in that competition. Maybe for that wide receiver three spot. Now, I do think that Schottenheimer would lean more towards Jayalen Tober.
Speaker 5: But there is a new crew in here, so how does that work?
Speaker 2: So that's that's.
Speaker 5: The one nicole you talked about. How can who can make it spicy?
Speaker 7: Jonathan Migo can shape if he plays well, he can shape. How we the difference in how we look at this wide receiver room, Because if you got a wide receiver four and then you sprinkle in some turpin and all that stuff, then now your weaponry is like you're loaded at this point and at the wide receiver position, and you can really stress defenses what you got.
Speaker 5: Girls.
Speaker 2: I look at this room.
Speaker 6: George Pickens spice it up the most of everybody now in this room. I don't feel like went down a spot like they went down two spots if you will, Like George Pickens is solidified.
Speaker 2: I say that because.
Speaker 6: We know what Ceede Lamb can do. We know it's the Ceedee Lamb's team, right. George Pickens now is in the mix. Those two guys could afford to have a drop pass here or they're off practice in my.
Speaker 2: Opinion, right, it's gonna happen. But yeah, exactly.
Speaker 6: But I mean, like I said, when Ced drops the pass, like dropped the past, Yeah cool, Jayalen Tolbart drops a pass, go write that down.
Speaker 5: Hey, that's what that's will be happening too.
Speaker 2: I'm not kidding. That's what'll be happening to They be like exactly exactly.
Speaker 6: And I feel the same about Mingo as well, because there are people under them too, and that's what I'm looking at as Pickens knocking people down like him coming to the room has hopefully lit a fire, and Jalen Tobert being a big one because I do I have. We have seen him make those big plays in big moments, but we also have seen him do the opposite. It just hasn't been consistent and it was a little bit let down, and I think we might have.
Speaker 5: Talked about a lot.
Speaker 2: I'll speak Seatannheimerk. I thought it was interesting when he was talking.
Speaker 6: About Tyler guidand making all these changes that we just talked about, and he compared it and nobody asked him, but he compared it to Jalen Tolbert.
Speaker 2: He's like, let's be honest.
Speaker 6: When Tobert came in here not very great rookie season, and he put in the work. And last year I remember I sat down with Tolbert during camp and he was the guy that Dak Prescott was saying he worked out with the most last season, which you hoped would have translated more, not saying it didn't. Like I said, he did have those blades, He did have those weeks where it felt like he was that guy, and then he kind of got diminished. And I feel like when CD was injured and dealing with that, you were hoping that Tobert would step in and be able to and that could have been schematically too. I'm not going to just say it was just Tobert out there not catching balls, like I'm not saying that, but I'm saying, if he.
Speaker 2: If we saw what we saw last year, that man is in trouble. Let me matter, Let me matry.
Speaker 3: Something we've always talked about the fact that Jalen Tobert.
Speaker 2: Plays his best with Dak.
Speaker 3: With Dak Sorry excuse me, do y'all think that Tobert will only be as successful when Dak is healthy?
Speaker 15: Yes, I think that's the whole room, but straight up, straight up, but yeah, yeah, because because Jayalen Tobert is another.
Speaker 5: Guy that Dak looked for a lot in scramble drill.
Speaker 7: When you look at when you go back and look at some of the biggest places that Jalen Tobert made last year, it was when Dak was just scrambling looking for someone and Jalen Tobert came back to.
Speaker 5: The ball and made a big play, extended.
Speaker 7: A drive, things like that, and so that is something to build upon. But I do feel like it is essential.
Speaker 5: But I do agree with you too, Breeze, that it's the whole room. Baby.
Speaker 7: We've seen I mean obviously CD don' CD Pickens CD. Yeah, they got like they're gonna get theirs. But it's just so much more of a smooth sailing operation when when your quarterback's at the helmet.
Speaker 5: I think Jonathan Mingo would like a word.
Speaker 6: So so I have heard and seen Mingo's name alive in these last little couple weeks here.
Speaker 5: Like Antonio, if he ended up being your three or whatever?
Speaker 7: Did you who gotta how many teams have a third corner that they can depend on?
Speaker 5: Friends?
Speaker 4: Please please?
Speaker 5: It just came out of me. I couldn't help it. But yeah, like you're gonna be.
Speaker 7: That really changed the face of it and how people prepare for you too, because that's a thing girl like teams didn't care about Tobert.
Speaker 5: I hate to say, and that's just the.
Speaker 7: Reality of it is that you also have to earn the respect of the other team for them to give a dang about you running a ride out there.
Speaker 5: Even though they know CD's banged up, they.
Speaker 7: Still running with city banged up, and they still shading a safety over there because they're like, he can't get off of press what I'm worried about him for?
Speaker 5: Yeah, So yeah, I don't know. That's the game within the game.
Speaker 6: That's important to me too, sure, and without having without having another weapon out there outside of CD from last year. I also look at we have talks about him this show. We talk about a lot Turpin. That's what I'm saying. Pickens actually knocks everybody down two spots. I have a special little man named Turpin. It proved that we know what he can do, and I am going to be optimistic that he's going to be utilized a bit more so. Now. It's really like, is when Turpin's in there, Jalen is actually he You're four already.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like right now, it's tough.
Speaker 7: So with Turpin, do you ladies want to see him more in a receivering cape of capacity rather or do y'all want to also still see him doing some things out the backfield mix and matching with this running back round? Is there a spot that you see you would like him at more? No, he speaks everywhere.
Speaker 5: That agree? I agree? I do. I think you want him everywhere?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, even like with CD sometimes they were using.
Speaker 3: Him out of the backfield kind of switching things up a little bit.
Speaker 5: So yeah, you think we see less of that? Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I didn't like it.
Speaker 5: I mean I like it, but I get it. I get it, I get it.
Speaker 6: I didn't like it, and I don't want I don't want my number one wide receivers taking hits like that.
Speaker 5: Also desperate a little bit. It also felt a little like we have to do this because that's like one of the only ways we can know. Let's turp and do that little.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and I don't like seeing like I'm so used to city popping off. I don't like when they like it's negative one yards on CD because now I feel I feel like he's got to go do.
Speaker 2: Something and like, I don't.
Speaker 6: I didn't like it because I was just like, that is our best weapon and they just stop doing that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't like when I see him with negative yards. I should never see him with negative I was like, no, him look bad.
Speaker 6: We just gave everybody one point five mil in that running back room. Let's go stop playing with me, please. I'm sick of y'all.
Speaker 4: All Right, we gotta go. This isn't great.
Speaker 3: We'll see y'all back here next week for our last show until training camp. But for now, you've got Breonna Aldridge, Ayshan Morrison.
Speaker 4: I'm Nicole Hegison.
Speaker 2: Bye.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.