Speaker 1: Hey, guys, welcome to Hot Takes and Hangouts with Me Tommy Di Dario, and I am here with a pretty important and impressive guest, Chandler Kidney.
Speaker 2: How are you. I'm awesome. I'm good.
Speaker 1: We've just had an amazing conversation that if you haven't heard it yet, go back to the episode prior to this and listen. It's a full, juicy, long, I would say, heartfelt conversation. Right yeah, But right now we're gonna do a little rapid fire Okay, are you ready for it?
Speaker 2: I'm so ready.
Speaker 1: Okay, there are gonna be all sorts of random things. Let's kick it off. Who I like this one? Who is the first person you're texting after big career news?
Speaker 2: My mom?
Speaker 3: But also she's there like she's gonna be on the call, you know. So then I guess probably my brothers after.
Speaker 2: That in the family.
Speaker 1: I like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And then yeah, yeah, you asked for one. Here's the list.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, this one's for me. Okay, were you surprised when PLL was canceled? Because I think I was, and genuinely speaking the world was.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna keep this as rapid fire as I can. Yes, Yeah, we were.
Speaker 3: We were all really surprised, especially because our second season performed even better than our first season Huge, which our first season performed very well and well enough to get a second But I do think we got I think it was it was a post strike world and entertainment landscape, and there's a lot of things in politics that come with that that are is above my pay grade. But yeah, definitely definitely really bummed we were. We were, Yeah, not expecting that.
Speaker 2: That jumps scared well.
Speaker 1: And I hate when a network gets it wrong. Like I am the first to be like the angry tweeter at HBO Max at whoever.
Speaker 2: Abo Max or HBO or Max.
Speaker 3: There was a lot going on for that family and and you know.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm the one that does the angry tweets, So I got your back. I just did it for like love my Netflix friends. But I just did it for Netflix because they canceled a show called The Burrows, which I loved. It was so good and I'm like, don't say anything. I'm the one I can say that. Okay, what is one song guaranteed to get you on the dance floor?
Speaker 2: To get me on the dance floor?
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, any song, any song with a beat, okay, but specifically, Oh, there's so many.
Speaker 2: Wait, what's the one song, what's the one song? What's all I don't know? Wait, what's your song?
Speaker 1: Oh god, it's so embarrassing.
Speaker 2: No, you have to Okay, but it was.
Speaker 1: Really big when I was coming up. Okay, but even like, do you know Kevin Little? Does anyone here know Kevin Little? There's a song called turn Me On by Kevin Little, and it's like, let me hold dude, don't caress. Yeah, whatever that is on, I'm like, get out of my way to break it down, like that is my song.
Speaker 2: I love that.
Speaker 3: Oh I love that. Okay, I'm gonna go classic. I want to dance with somebody When he say come on, I mean literally she's saying in the song, I want to dance with somebody.
Speaker 2: So yeah, great lyricism. It works every time.
Speaker 1: Whitney, Whitney, I love her.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: Which Zombies cast member would you trust the most in a zombie apocalypse?
Speaker 3: Okay, trust the most on a day to day basis with anything and everything. Magdonnelly in a zombie apocalypse? Milo mannhid and I love you Meg, but I'm trying to live you know I'm trying to.
Speaker 2: No, I just know, I just know that, myloes, he's so equipped.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that man specifically is equipped for any kind of apocalypse, but specifically a zombies's apocalypse.
Speaker 1: So charming.
Speaker 3: I feel like you could just It'll just be like how you doing, I'm Milo and I'm like bro and then and it would work.
Speaker 2: Unfortunately, so for zombies apocalypse.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, what is your dream Dancing with the Stars?
Speaker 2: Theme night, theme night? Oh, my goodness, Broadway, m Broadway. I love a Broadway moment. I wish I was more.
Speaker 3: I want to claim that I was a theater kid with my full chest, but I did just start in the TV and film route so young that like I had, I dipped my toe into theater for a second. But I respect it down and I all my friends are theater kids, and I do love.
Speaker 2: I mean, I would love to. I would love to do a Broadway moment one day, and you will.
Speaker 1: Another moment you're going to do is you want to play a Disney princess.
Speaker 2: I mean, I would be very excited to do that as well.
Speaker 1: Do you have one in mind?
Speaker 3: There's conversation online about Tiana right now.
Speaker 1: Are you the one pushing forward the conversation.
Speaker 2: I've actually not been a part of the conversation at all.
Speaker 1: You would love to.
Speaker 3: Play it, but I think that well, I think I don't even know where it came from.
Speaker 2: But I think, I mean, have I engaged with a post or to I'm sure I have.
Speaker 3: In the middle of the night too, am like, yeah, let me repost that.
Speaker 2: But no, I mean I did think.
Speaker 3: I think I said in an interview once that the only poster that I ever had hanging in my bedroom, my childhood bedroom, was a poster of Tiana was the first look of the princess and the frog, and and it was very for a quite young child. It was very particular about my space, and I didn't want posters on my wall.
Speaker 2: But it's this.
Speaker 3: It's the first look of Tiana is on her balcony looking out into the starry night, and that is I mean, I still have this photo and I put it right above my bed so I could look at it every morning.
Speaker 2: So I would love to. I mean, she's she's a dream of a princess.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're going to play this back when you book it. Just that's right, we are we are, Okay, a few more if you could swap lives with one of your characters for one day, who would it be.
Speaker 3: One of the characters that I've played. Yes, it's not gonna be Tabby. It's not going to be Tabby because I'm trying to live, not trying to have a final girl moment.
Speaker 2: I r L don't want to be covered in blood. Who would I want to be? Who would I want to be? Maybe Willa? Maybe Willa?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I want to I want to live life like I want to wake up with that hair and that beat every day. I don't want to sit in a hair and makeup trailer for three and a half hours.
Speaker 2: To achieve that level of fierceness. I want to wake up like that. I woke up like this will Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 1: What is Brandon Armstrong's most underrated quality?
Speaker 3: Okay, Brandon Armstrong's most underrated Okay, That man is the funniest dude to ever exist.
Speaker 2: He is quick with the singers.
Speaker 3: But I don't think that's that underrated anymore because I think people are starting to learn that about him. And I will say I think people learn more about that on my season because.
Speaker 2: I made that man get online.
Speaker 3: He was so like social media a verse, and I'm like, we are post TikTok a day, bro, and then people just saw like his beautiful personality, but underrated he I mean, he's just an incredible artist. He's just an incredible artist. And I and I say, under I'm gonna put that in the category of underrated because I think that people get to see his brilliance in pockets, Like you don't to be in a room with him in a studio space and like experience the way that he takes in music and like he will he like goes to another astral plane and like he can see the music, he can see the choreography, and then he like brings it into the physical world and it's just such a beautiful process.
Speaker 2: And like I don't want to out his process too much.
Speaker 3: But he's actually masterful at what he does, and I think people don't even realize to the extent yet. And I just hope that he gets to showcase that more and more.
Speaker 2: He deserves that.
Speaker 3: He's he's brilliant and he's a big brother for life.
Speaker 1: Watching you two, you guys, what do I want to go with? Okay, what's the most elwoods thing you've done in real life?
Speaker 3: The most Elwoods thing I've done in real life.
Speaker 4: I mean, I was gonna say I started a petition, but it wasn't for anything important.
Speaker 2: And I did it.
Speaker 3: And that's She's a petition girly. She's she's getting the names on the pink parchment that smells like roses and lavender like that is.
Speaker 2: She does that very well.
Speaker 3: She gathers the people, she galvanizes the a petition. Yeah, okay, final one, I started a petition?
Speaker 1: What to a petition?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 1: Ready? Last one? Who is someone you wish would be on the next season of Dancing with the Stars.
Speaker 3: Oh, my girl is gonna hate that. I'm gonna say this, but I'm gonna say it. Miitre Rama Krishnan. That's my girl. Love her down. Was just with her yesterday telling her that she needs to do Dancing with the Stars.
Speaker 2: She would be incredible.
Speaker 3: She's also you know what, Actually, I would put her with Brandon because the crackhead energy in that room would be unmatched. I don't think people are ready for that. I think the the the high brow, quick wit, humor, the zingers that are gonna be flying back and forth between them like that would be I would want to see that in the packages before the dances, and then she would go out on that ballroom floor. She would eat it up every time. That girl can move. And I don't think people really lies like they see the they see the never have I ever girly who's like, you know, figuring out, like figuring out how to be like a normal high school girly. Like, No, she's a baddie. My tree can like she. I'm not gonna say too much.
Speaker 2: I just know that she would do incredibly. She would do incredibly, and.
Speaker 3: She does have a dance movie coming out. There we go, and so I'm like, I think she's prime for this. This could be the next step for her.
Speaker 2: I'm excited.
Speaker 1: Chandler, you survived Hot Takes and hang Out. Thank you so much for hanging out. Everybody, go listen to the episode prior to this. It's an amazing interview and congrats watch l July first until next time. My friend, thank you, thank.
Speaker 2: You tell me this is awesome. Thank you survived