Speaker 1: Hello the Internet, and welcome to Season three, O eight, Episode.
Speaker 2: Four of Dally's Guys.
Speaker 1: Day production of iHeartRadio. This is a podcast where we take a deep dive into America's share consciousness. And it is Thursday, October twelfth, twenty twenty three.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, ten twelve. You know what that is, Jack, Just tell them, just say it. Just make up a day. Probably there's probably tilt. It's on yep, National Planeapple ice Cream Day. Oh, very close, World Sight Day, National Vermont Day, National Free Thought Day, which of the fully ranged from hers, Yeah, National Savings Day, National Gumbo Day. I think probably the most important for all you know, obviously respect to gumbo, respect to all cookie questions that comes from this.
Speaker 1: How must respect to gumbo? All right? Well, my name is Jack O'Brien aka honey Tree Evil. You know I love booze. Can't help myself. I love booze and nobody else than going out all night, going out doing some blow, doing some blow. That's courtesy of steaming Chuck on the discord. It Really, I've never been more certain that a dog was doing blow like had a major cocaine habit than I am a honey Tree Evil Eye Court This is a reference to Kenny Tree Evil Eyed real name Earth's Buds. Mackenzie's real name was Honey Tree Honey Tree Evil and that dog was And not just because they were an icon of the eighties, but just just the whole thing, the the Hawaiian shirt, the kind of puffy face that that dog was, you know, not just drinking bud light, it was fueling nose speakers. Anyways, I'm thrilled to be joined as always by my co host mister Miles Ground.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, Aka, I've got drills, So don't go buy in. You can borrow if you will. Social power is amplify in, it's electrifying. You better show up, play for team human, keep a garbage free of tools. You better show up.
Speaker 1: Drill a hole for me.
Speaker 3: Then come to my barbecue. Shout out to the past guest Douglas. Just share them drills, have a barbecue, and let's move forward to shout out to Blinkie heck for that grease Ak the one musical. I do know the song most of the songs too, so thank you for putting that in my wheelhouse.
Speaker 1: I got shoes there made of plywood was one of the misheard lyrics from my excuse me while I kiss this guy. Miss lyrics book that I've referenced in the past. Mong greens, as Brian has told us, Yes, but nobody thought it was I got shoes. They're made of plywood.
Speaker 3: I got they're made of plywood.
Speaker 1: Feel they had like two yeah, as I mentioned before, they had two actual mishold misheard lyrics, and then they just were like in a writer's room being like fuck, just all having a nervous breakdown, trying to make up other else can we do? What else? What else? What else? Shoes?
Speaker 3: They're made of plywood. That's something people might have thought.
Speaker 1: Anyways, Miles, we are thrilled to be joined in our third seat by a brilliant writer, host, producer behind shows like Fake Doctor's Real Friends. Brilliant writer. You can read a Vulture av Club Team Vogue. You've heard her on Pop Culture Happy Hour, much more importantly on the Daily Zeikeeist. Because it is the brilliant, the talented Joel Mooney.
Speaker 4: I'm adding it to my monikers. Goddess taste is exquisite monitor thank you.
Speaker 3: I mean, it just feels very official, you know what I mean?
Speaker 4: Yeah, Yeah, I'm down with the reference to me as their queen over on fake Doctors here of your goddess is a lot for it.
Speaker 2: I really respect that.
Speaker 3: Just it's look, you just present yourself as you are, and we are just observing and giving our objective analysis observations. If we were just painting portraits over here, gonna kind of you think? Wait, was was Ambrosia the goddess of taste?
Speaker 2: Oh? Gota something? I know.
Speaker 3: She's got a salad.
Speaker 2: That's not a salad and really weird, like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, goddess of salads that aren't really salads, along with like tuna salad and chicken salad. Just salad is in other countries as a word that translates to mayonnaise.
Speaker 3: Oh wait, Ambrosia wasn't a goddess but a nymph? Sorry, sorry, you don't like God? Yeah, yeah, yeah, exactly exactly. You're kicking it with Dionysus, So you're good.
Speaker 2: That's right, the best God.
Speaker 1: This is good. This is probably the first time we've been three people on an episode of Daily Guist who saw each other in person very recently.
Speaker 3: Yes, we're gonna last twenty four hours, yeah, sixteen hours. I would damn, it's what we do that's what we do. We had a nice dinner last night with the whole team, shot out everybody that was there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it was good select Miles. So it was a good select Oh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh yeah, Miles, Miles. Full of the restaurant.
Speaker 3: Good food, good food. You know, I'm not a taste god. I'm merely just just someone who likes to eat. You know, I'm not I'm not quite a deity yet. I'm trying trying.
Speaker 2: I'm not you as a goddess of you.
Speaker 3: Thank you, thank you. Yeah. It has to be with a lightsaber though or else.
Speaker 1: All Right, Joe, we're going to get to know you a little bit better in the moment. First, we're gonna tell our listeners a couple of things we're talking about. We're gonna talk about RFK Junior, who will now be running as an independent overall response to that news. We'll talk about the Scholastic book fair who responded badly to people being like they caught the woke mind virus we got. Okay, Yah, what do you want us to do?
Speaker 3: You just tell us so polky Man cards instead of books about diversity Jesus.
Speaker 1: So we'll talk about that. We'll talk about how the new NASA spacesuits will be made by Prada. For some reason, Yes, but this made me identify the spacesuit as something that looks way better than it has any right, Like it's I don't know who, the spacesuit looks fucking dope, man, and it always kind of has, and I'd always sort of taken it for granted that it did until they put it in this fashion context. And now I'm like, man, like that that spacesuit as fucking dude. Fire that orange one eight eight eight flight. Yeah, we both pointed out the same one of the same exact time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because that shit is lit. I feel like that kind of mainstreamed wearing, like that sort of safety orange color as like a like something part of the fashion palette, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: So having the taste got us on with us. We'll take a look at that.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 1: Well, I also just want to identify other kind of uniforms, examples of uniforms or like you know, clothing that are just way more fashionable, way cooler than they have any right to be. Yeah, so we'll talk about that, we'll talk about the erotic thriller being back maybe kind of, and we'll talk about the Seinfeld reunion that isn't happening, just so anybody who's waiting on.
Speaker 3: That, no point in talking about it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but just the point in talking about it is like, it's guys, they're fucking doing another super Bowl commercial. It's almost commercial, right all right, like the other one Ferris Bueller, where they're like a new sequel to Ferris Bueller. It's like, what what Why would anybody want.
Speaker 3: To see that? What is what would it be about?
Speaker 1: Like? But then it was a super Bowl commercial with old Matthew whatever Broderick doing Farris Bueller stuff and it was fine. It was able to sustain in a whole ninety seconds, which yeah, anyway.
Speaker 3: Wow, that's like it would be funny if they had it come back together. And like Cameron who plays Connor Roy, like Alan Ruck from from Ferris Bueller's Day Off, Like they pass forward and he's like, I'm actually I was Connor Roy that whole time. No, yeah, it's one thing you don't know because wasn't it his dad's car that they was so scared of?
Speaker 1: The dad?
Speaker 3: Yea yeah, it's the character.
Speaker 2: Of that story anyway.
Speaker 4: So like when you come back who nobody cares about Ferris like a perfect kise has a wonderful day.
Speaker 2: Not the key element of the story.
Speaker 4: It's his best friend who's like trying to figure out what to do with his life. He's like on the precipice of going off to college and yeah, I would definitely come back and watching Connor Roy style, like, but he give a cool version of Connor Roy because he was like, no, screw you, Dad, I did fuck up your car and I'll give a ship.
Speaker 1: He was gonna fold the second his dad got home. He was going to put Frearis Bheeler in prison. He was gonna be like, Dad, Faris stole the car and it was like and he fucking like led a Saint Patrick's Day parade and ship too like and broke into powers.
Speaker 4: Ran him out to the principle like immediately terrible murder that principal Dad.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, Cameron Fry Connor Roy. I mean it's yeah, it's kind of right there, folks. I feel like that's like some kind of fan video someone would cut to try and make it seem like that was like young Connor Roy.
Speaker 1: Anyway, there's an idea for people. He's always been going you know, channeling a ruined scion of the wealthy. So you know that's it's a very specific thing, but you know, it's kept him in clothes for for a long time. It's kept him doing pretty well, kept him Morgan. Anyways, all of that plenty more, But first, Joel Monique, we do like to ask our guests, what is something from your search history?
Speaker 4: Okay, so stay with me on this one. Best bread maker woman. I was looking for the name of a woman who bakes bread really well.
Speaker 2: Her name is Nancy silver In Silverton.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, she created the bread over at Libria Bakery.
Speaker 2: It is so damn good.
Speaker 4: Google came back with, like, here's a bunch of breadmakers women might like not at all what I was looking for, but we found her.
Speaker 1: Offecially And does that mean they're just breadmakers but they're pink? Is that?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Hell one, here's the one that's easy to use.
Speaker 4: Jesus ChRI the favor when I came across was like, all you could do is just dump all the ingredients in the bread maker and it'll need and then bake the dough for you.
Speaker 2: I was like, I wouldn't trust this, but I like the idea.
Speaker 4: That out there, someone's like, I want bread without any effort, but not enough to like go buy a loaf of bread, want.
Speaker 1: To I want to make fresh break baked bread without realizing I'm doing that right by accident. I want to accidentally make fresh made bread bread.
Speaker 3: At I'm having that. I'm having that. It's well, Nancy Silverton, I'm the goat. You know most fucking Have you been to Triple Beam the pizza place and Supreme Love? It will be a lyrical dream. Yeah, shout out to Chris Wallace. Yeah, yeah, that's that place is fantastic. Also, romance style pizza, I believe is what they call it.
Speaker 4: Yes, she's all about that, uh limited anger shoes, Like I want to taste the freshness of the ingredient and I want every dish to be simple so that you are purely enjoying like the natural taste that Earth has given you. And I think that is a beautiful philosophy behind food. Also, she was like a chef owner at a very young age. She made bread so good she once made Julia Child's cry on TV how.
Speaker 1: Do you make something at that point? By the way, I don't know.
Speaker 2: If you watched the episode the whole time.
Speaker 4: Julia's like, oh, this is very nice, you know, I love your little store so cute. And Nancy's like, okay, so here's the brand. Julia's child says it, and she gets so quiet, like like placidly quiet, and a single tear pours from her eyes and she says, I'm sorry, this is so good. There's never no one's ever going to compliment that tops.
Speaker 2: That, that's the top of compliments.
Speaker 3: That's like, I can't that's giving me chills. And I'm like, damn, like I don't think what would be something like that. I don't even know. Yeah, God, how do you make.
Speaker 2: Michael Jordan compliments your free throw?
Speaker 1: Maybe? Yeah, Jordan compliments the way I dunk from the free throw line.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly like you dunk from the free throw line. And then he just comes up to you like crying those same tiers from like the last dance.
Speaker 1: He's like, man, Joe Rogan comes on our podcast with Bill Simmons and is like, dude, this podcast is tight. You know, those are the objectively best podcasters based on numbers. Hell, you can make a mark.
Speaker 2: So good you changed mind about Marvel Films.
Speaker 3: There you go, Top tops tell them.
Speaker 1: I don't see him making any movies starring Iron Man, so maybe he should get his big mouth all. By the way, you you are a film critique, film a film enjoyer, a film writer. Well, have you seen any of the any of the big ones thus far that are coming up?
Speaker 2: Actually? So not really.
Speaker 4: Unfortunately, I've watched a lot of old movies and a lot of really old television lately because of the strike, I haven't, you know, I've been more focused on in a week.
Speaker 2: I was like, this is an opportunity to catch up on a lot of.
Speaker 3: Old on everything else.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So I've been watching Doctor Who for like, starting in the two thousand and five relaunch of that series, which is been really great. Reading a lot of audio books also great.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, I act House Doctor, Medicine, Doctor Quinn, medicine woman. It sounds like you can't think of which doctor you go watching, Doc Doctor Octopus, oh man, being a dad like these these jokes just you know, flow through me.
Speaker 3: We know, I say I have to say them. We know, we know, and we keep them in and keep you a lesson. So you know, amazing, what is uh? What's something you think is overrated?
Speaker 4: Okay, don't get mad, Internet, just calm down. I think physically reading a book is overrated because we now have audiobooks with expert narrators, and you could just be going about doing the mundane things you have to do as an adult. Okay, while you're eating your spinach and doing your dishes, somebody with voice level talent will come in and read you a book so good and so like captivating. You won't be able to put it down. You can walk your dog. You don't have to stop and read. And I have add my hands get fidgety, so what I'm reading, I'm like, I'm either up and pacing, or like I'm putting it down and getting sidetracked and daydreaming and thinking about other stuff. I love physical books, I have many. I'm about to buy another bookshelf to store all of my books. But I really really enjoy doing the audio books. I just got an e library card, which I think is the best thing I've done ever. I've stopped giving Amazon money to buy one new audiobook a month, and now I read like five audio books a month because I had my library card.
Speaker 2: Libby the best app.
Speaker 4: It's so good you can do Andrew can still physically read books if you want too, yeah, which I think is great. The only problem, and it's not even really a problem with Libby in order to be reasonable, they have to purchase the audio books and then lend them out at like a regular rates.
Speaker 5: It's like a physical COPMEY have like thirty copies and each one will going out, Yeah, exactly, So then you have to it's a weeks long wait list.
Speaker 4: Sometimes there's a hot new book, like the sequel to a book I just finished is coming out in a couple of weeks. They're like, you're seven hundred and fifty sixth in the line. I was like, what what, Okay, fair may have to buy the book anyway. But I really like it, especially because sometimes if I'm have a physical copy of a book and I'm like this is really hard to get through, or I'm feeling like suck or I need to get up and do other things, I'm like, let me just go see if it's on Libby, and I'll just give forward to the chapter I'm at, and now I'm picking up right where I left off. It's a beautiful thing, and I just don't I know. Some people are very like anti the audiobooks're like, that's not real reading, And I tell you, the story got here, all the messages they were trying to convey still up here in the brain. I think it's totally valuable.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I definitely have that like weird thing inside my head where like I'm like, dis same reading it's listening, But also I'm like, but I'm taking in the information. I know, Like there's a lot of there's always like, oh, think pieces about like is it I like, I listened to an audio book from my book club?
Speaker 1: Am I bad?
Speaker 3: And you're like, look, it depends, you know, Like sure, you're going to engage your imagination a little bit more when you're reading a book. But like some books, like you're gonna they're gonna hit the same whether you're reading them or listening to them. Obviously, like a technical manual, probably not easy to like read because you kind of need to see all the shit out there.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 4: I mostly read fantasy novels anyway, like right, and so being able to somebody who has like all the voices and the cool stuff, reading words that are not real words that the author made up and now I know the actual pronunciation that's beautiful.
Speaker 2: Really appreciate that.
Speaker 4: And then too, I think that there's something really magical about like I don't know, carpet time where we got to read a book, like our teacher would read us book for a nap time. It was like my favorite time in school, and there's definitely something being recreated. And listen to an audiobook about that where I'm like, I don't think there's any less imagination if I'm still closing my eyes and picturing what's happening in the book, if someone's reading it to me.
Speaker 2: It just frees me up to be a little bit looser with it.
Speaker 3: I think, Look, don't I think where it gets like weird is like, don't let it dissuade you. If there's something that interests you, like no, I can't listen to that, I have to read it. Don't put that off. If you're gonna if you're gonna engage with the information, then just do it. It's better than not engaging with like new ideas or information.
Speaker 1: So farth agree.
Speaker 3: There are some.
Speaker 4: Books that I have to physically read, like Tony Morrison's Jazz. I tried to listen to the audio. It's like my favorite book I read it like once a year, but I can't listen to the audiobook because there's a rhythmic syntax of the narrator isn't hitting. And I was like, this is I can't sink into what's happening here. I have to read it in the format of her language that she like physically wrote, or I'm reading Mabbel right now. I bought a physical copy while it's being read to me, so that because reading it was a challenge because it's in multiple languages, right, so, like the main character is Chinese, say, speaking different language and then he has to switch back to English, and I don't understand all the word but you know, if somebody's reading it to me, oh man, now it's like I can just take it all in a lot easier. I can follow along, I can highlight and take notes in my book while I just love it.
Speaker 2: I think it's fabulous.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I think having both options available to me is really like my sweet spot of like that is when I really take in a book, if it's being read to me while I'm reading it, like you're get in both because I'm definitely more of a like I have created like cheats, like I've found. I've explored all the different apps for like having text read to you like and have like different you know, I have our doc sometimes like the doc that we used to you know, structure our show. I have that read to me sometimes, but like you be able to read it and have it read to you at the same time, like is how. I've had great experiences with that in the past couple of years. And yeah, you can also like Gravity's rainbow. I'd never made much of a dent, and when I was on vacation last year, I was able to like get hundreds of pages into that by having it read to me while I was reading it with my ask and then I write. Then I lost steam when I got there.
Speaker 4: It's also not our fault. We don't live in a world of like public transit. Did you just be able to read a lot on like public transit or like while you're waiting for the bus if you can't do like most sickness and stuff. But in LA we're all in our cars all the time. And I think that this helps us bridge a gas. This is how we catch up to New York. Yea, our books read annually.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 3: We need to be as smart as New York, and I need to offset the difference between our cities. Yeah, listening, All right, let's take a quick break, we'll come back. We'll hear what you think is underrated and get into some news. We'll be right back.
Speaker 1: And we're back and Joelle Monique, what is something that you think is underrated?
Speaker 4: Multiple birthday celebrations?
Speaker 1: Yeah, me tell you.
Speaker 4: Okay, So some people get really offended when they're like, your birthday is a day and that is all you get. I have never subscribed to that because my birthday is October first, and so my birthday month starts with my birthday and ends with Halloween. It is a perfect bookend month. I'm not going to stop celebrating simply because the day has passed. Makes zero sense to me. And I have like a lot of friends from different groups that you know, not all of them are going to overlap, but you kind of want to like celebrate and hang out with all of them. You don't want people to feel upset when they're not invited to your party. Then that becomes the whole thing. So my workaround has been I'll do a lot of small parties. Hey had two or three friends, so I like my very first party this year. We went to a super nice restaurant, which, of course I can't remember the name of it now, and then we went and saw the musical Hadestown, which was so good to have fancy night with my fancy friends. Then I went to D'scano Gardens, which is like, a it's a big let's call it raborium.
Speaker 3: Is that what it is? It's a yeah, it's it's a it's it's like an arboretum or yeah, you called an arboretum slash gardens there? Yeah, what do you call that?
Speaker 1: Floral?
Speaker 3: What the fuck am I looking for?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 3: Huntington Huntington Gardens is what it's called garden?
Speaker 1: What meanical? Botanical?
Speaker 2: Panicle guard? There it is.
Speaker 4: They got all the different kinds of flowers, rose sections and and right now it's Halloween things, which means they have giant pumpkins that are cards. They have like pumpkins, statues and hate nizes and little installations. Yeah, I mean like like yeah, like you can take.
Speaker 1: Your two hairls there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, baby, Yeah, the gus child was loving it.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they got they got the lights that are flashing. It's beautiful.
Speaker 1: So many people run out of the woods with fake chain saws.
Speaker 4: No, no, not no, not even one jump scare.
Speaker 1: They never mind.
Speaker 4: Then the people all along the path.
Speaker 2: It's funny because we did talk about that.
Speaker 4: We had the impulse to be like, should we just start scaring these children and teach them Halloween is really about?
Speaker 2: But that's inappropriate.
Speaker 1: They do have Wait, what to do when your parents age and you're responsible for their medical bills and you're just trying to build your own life?
Speaker 3: What oh sorry, that's just the thought my generation has that we're deeply afraid of that we aren't really considering yet and how medical deck could maybe be ours. Anyway, you're going going not prepared.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so it was we rolled I think like fifteen deep, which was great. It is the real like you talk about like a mile. Maybe it's looking very casual, like weaving through of things. They have chruros there. If there's churros, it's going to be magical. Yes, yes, and candy a. I can't do candy apples because they make my teeth hairt by sticky and you have bit into it and it's also hard.
Speaker 2: I just don't think they're meant for adults.
Speaker 1: Eat.
Speaker 4: I think that's the thing you can do when you have a second set of teeth coming in and it doesn't matter what happens sec.
Speaker 3: Behind your adult teeth. Oh yeah, I got unlimited teeth. My teeth.
Speaker 1: I got rat teeth. They just keep growing. Kind of grind them down.
Speaker 3: Do rat teeth keep growing?
Speaker 1: Yeah, they just keep growing, and as they get longer, like so they have to like chew on things to like grind them down to keep them from getting in their mouth. Okay, every aspect of the rat is horrifying, truly.
Speaker 3: Hey man, that's my zodiac year. You know, I'm a rat, but it explains why my teeth.
Speaker 2: Rat.
Speaker 4: But most of the birthday celebrations have them. I got, what are we doing next week?
Speaker 2: Apple? Picking? Apple?
Speaker 3: You're not trying to do a thing where like everybody come to this nightclub and pay for my drinks. You're just like, hey, it's a reason to get together, you know, And that's it. It's not because I remember when I was younger, there were people who did the very fucking like main character type of like birthday two weeks and you're like, wait, what the fuck I'm being summoned to another fucking club And I'm like, no, I'm like, I fucking hate clubs and no, like you've hit the key element.
Speaker 4: You got to circulate through different friends or fail like this is my family party, is my girls party, my bros party, this is my nerd party.
Speaker 2: Like, break it up into.
Speaker 4: Groups so that you're not over taxing people are demanding too much. I also think it's great. My friend Cheyana just had her birthday party and she was like, tapas placed nothing over fifteen dollars. Wherever you're at financially, you're gonna have a good time. This is brilliant, brilliant, easy easy. All right, Well, speaking of brilliant, RFK Junior.
Speaker 3: Is what are you Fox News? Two months ago or two months Yeah?
Speaker 1: Right? You know, guys sees the matrix. He sees through it all and he you know, first he was running as a challenger to Joe Biden as the Democratic spoiler, and you know, he had a he had a rocky start to his campaign. He he's a campaign event that was ruined by a deafening fart. And in that same campaign event, it was he was filmed claiming that COVID was genetically engineered to spare Ashkenazi, Jews and Chinese people.
Speaker 3: Ah, so just just some light anti semitism and to kick yeah for everybody.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm sure I have to imagine he came back and said I don't have an anti Semitic bone in my body.
Speaker 3: He did, he did say something. It was something to that effect, but it's like, you guys aren't getting what I'm saying. It's like, well, no, we're talking about what the implication is what you're saying.
Speaker 1: So you might think, okay, after that, he's probably out of public embarrassments. But no, he had another event, and this one to announce that he wouldn't be seeing the Democratic nomination and instead he will run for president as an independent and because there's no vaccine for incompetence and even if there was, he wouldn't take it. It did not go well. He yeah, Like first there was like a thing up that what was his It was his campaign slogan, where is it?
Speaker 3: Declare your Independence was what it was.
Speaker 1: So the first thing that happened he is his new campaign slogan is declare your independence. And then like people heard like what one of his campaign managers were like frantically going around being like, take declare your independence off the TV.
Speaker 3: Take it off the TV. We're not ready for reveal that yet.
Speaker 1: That's not we're not ready to reveal that yet, and so they just like changed it to like the signal bars, like the multi colored bars like type yeah, the things have gone wrong with whatever TV signal that, so that goes up instead. Meanwhile, there's a big sign that says declare your independence, Like right, fine, just yeah physicals right there. And then he finally gets up on stage and sets up to reveal his uh to you know, make his speech, and then leaves leaves.
Speaker 3: The stage again. Just listen to this. He shows up. It's so comical. He's like he's acting like me, like on a first date where I do the thing where I forgot my wallet so I don't have to pay. He's like, oh ship, I don't have my fucking speech. And then it turns into a just a carnival. Here we go. He's taking the stage, pat in his pockets. Ah, I need my speech.
Speaker 1: People are laughing.
Speaker 3: Hot Mike, Hot, you can't read anything, but.
Speaker 1: This is real. What then comes back to elector and goes back again.
Speaker 3: He looks like he's like starting to get pissed. He says the teleprompters now upside down.
Speaker 2: And so that the losing energy just waiting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then they're like so bad. But it's like this whole choreographed media thing where like there's like a swooping crane shot coming in over the audience to like an empty electer, and he doesn't. He doesn't look like he's dealing well with it, you know, like like some politicians would just like roll with it and be like charismatic and be like, you know, this is no big deal. He looked like he was like someone was getting fired for him, having forgotten his speech was the impression that you got, so yeah, no vaccine for incompetence, unfortunately, and of course he would not take it. Just wanted to repeat that joke from our writer JM.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 3: He's good.
Speaker 1: So he may end up being the most formidable independent candidate since Ross Perrot. Like despite all of this, despite the anti Semitism, despite the anti anti vax stuff, or possibly because of the anti vax stufe. He you know, this now puts him in a position where he's going to, like, currently he's pulling at around fourteen percent. Fifteen percent is what is required to like get into the presidential debates. So this man could be in the presidential debates spreading vaccine truther bullshit, which is not great for the future of the country, not great for I don't know, like everybody's claiming this as like a win for their side, but the when when you look at like who's actually freaking out about it, it does seem like the Republican side is pretty unhappy with. Oh yeah, development, I think whoever. I think this is certainly Alien's versus predator. Whoever wins, we all lose type situation with him coming and joining and like being just any any extra RFK junior that the public gets is probably an l for the public. Right.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah. And but the other thing that's wild though, is like, like you're saying, the second he's like, yeah, I'm running as a Democrat, right, the right wing media loved him because they immediately like just saw him purely as this is gonna this is gonna be a Biden spoiler. We love this guy. We fucking love this guy, to the point that he was having more weekday appearances on fucking Fox than even like Ron DeSantis was, and he was getting name checked more than Mike Pence was When Media Matters was doing like an analysis of Fox's coverage of him, and it started off so rosie, so lovely. We were hearing all kinds of let me play something here. This is Jesse Waters coming out right around the time that he announced his campaign, to be like, this guy's agreed. This guy, this democrat gets it.
Speaker 6: So RFK Junior has a vision, I mean, at least he has when Biden has none. RFK Junior's lane is on the populist left. Unlike Biden. He's against the deep state, obviously because of what happened to his dad and uncle anti censorship, remember the Biden White House censored him over vaccines. He's riding a hot anti corporate streak, especially against big pharma and big tech.
Speaker 3: And then so it goes on to be like this guy like, you know, this guy's actually, this guy's got a head on. You know, there's something about this guy. Here's even Sean Hannity who at the time was like, this guy's got something like. This is because RFK is also doing the stuff of like we need to strengthen the southern border and doing that whole xenophobic thing that appeals to people on the right. So here's Sean Hannity praising RFK when he visited the southern border.
Speaker 7: Wow, that's what democrat RK delivering a much needed dose of reality to the entire Democratic Party, all while gaining real support and sparking quote jitters inside of Biden's orbit. He's also against biological men and women's sports and was dead set against how the country was treated with regards to COVID, and his candidacy is getting very interesting.
Speaker 1: Oh he's going.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this guy is also a transphobe.
Speaker 4: And so gets biological men and women's sports.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's remainable.
Speaker 1: Are you against?
Speaker 4: You just against men and women playing sports?
Speaker 1: What's happening their biological men in women's sports?
Speaker 2: Women?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Very used. They're playing together.
Speaker 3: What's next?
Speaker 1: Mixed doubles?
Speaker 3: Yeah? They not in my country club.
Speaker 1: Well, Miles the Fox is tradition, very ideologically consistent, and I can't imagine that they've changed their tune now that he's no longer running as a Democrat, right, Like it would seem like if he's not running his Democrat, make make them like him more? Right?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean democrat. He's fucking RFK. Two nights ago, on Handity and Hannity just fucking goes for his neck. He's like, you think the NRAs a terrorist? You supported Hillary? Like just being like you're a lib asshole, aren't you.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 3: Here's just a little bit of that exchange when Handy just fucking put him to the against the wall. Here we go.
Speaker 7: I meant, so, you've made in twenty sixteen, seventeen, nineteen endorsements. We know the year's Gore, Kerry Obama, Hillary, Bernie Sanders. They're all recent quotes. The NRA quote you made about calling them a terror group is twenty eighteen. So there, these are recent positions you've had. I'm not sure why the Democratic Party wouldn't allow you to compete.
Speaker 6: Dude, Do you want to talk about my positions?
Speaker 7: Sir?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, you want to.
Speaker 7: Read talking points from the Trump campaign. Excuse me, These are not talking points. There are called Hannity points. I do my own research.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, they're called Handity points.
Speaker 3: That is such a dad arguing with a teenager type rhetoric. It's like they aren't called these aren't called it's not called unfair. They're called daddy's rules. Okay, that's what I did my research exactly we're not having an argument. I'm telling you how it is when you live under this roof, right, I don't need to explain myself. I'm the parent and you're the child. Okay, these aren't Trump points, these are Daddies points, trademark. Uh, do my own research like he did it all, like he hit the whole, like all of the great retorts that you do. And so I'm like, what are you even saying? I do my own research, man? And I guess it makes sense because really, for all the talk of like, oh, he's gonna spoil Biden's campaign or whatever it's, there's you gotta consider RFK juniors appeal with anti vaxxers, and when you couple that with that outrage from a lot of maga people, when like we've talked about when like Trump has been like and I developed the vaccine and people were.
Speaker 1: Like fuck the vaccine, fuck you.
Speaker 3: That's when you start to kind of see where they might be like, oh, is he gonna take our.
Speaker 2: Voters a little bit?
Speaker 1: Who knows here?
Speaker 3: Which way is it gonna crumble? But yeah, uh they're little sweaty times right now, A fox.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Yeah, it's interesting and like a lot of his campaign up to this point was funded by right wing groups, so like he kind of pulled a yoink on him, you know yeah, and was like, yeah, I'll take your funding. That's great. I'm gonna challenge Biden and Trump. I'm a fuck both their campaigns up.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, okay, well let let's see.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: You hate to see it, Miles, you really hate to see it. You really do the deep state though, Jack, what do you think got him him his dad and his uncle.
Speaker 1: Because of what I did to his dad and his uncle. Again, that's just straightforward, self evident declaration that the CIA killed R FK and JFK on on Fox News.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, well no people, people don't they just go the deep state did it? Whatever? That this abstraction we just called the deep state. Yeah, yeah, they did that. They did that. Probably the guys who tried to impeach Trump are the ones who did it.
Speaker 1: The same guys.
Speaker 3: They're still alive. They're old though now, so they're not as spry as they used to be.
Speaker 1: All right. Uh, let's talk about scholastic book fairs. They're still out here. My kids school had one where the big red bookcases. Still. Yeah, I think they have the big red bookcases. Yeah, but they come in set up big bookcases and a place that doesn't like not in the library.
Speaker 3: No, it's like in the parking gym.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I love I loved these, Like did you guys love Like when Scholastic came to town, Like Jack.
Speaker 4: We just had a whole conversation about books. I was like queen a Scholastic books.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: My mom would be like, here's.
Speaker 4: A Sharp twenty, which if you spent your money wisely, you get like up to four books, probably like two when some standards like a nice bookshelf or a bookmark, Yes, a pencil racer would be great. I usually went for bookmarks. I was always losing and bending them. But it was like the best time of year. And if you were head on that pizza hut additional Scholastic stuff, you got a pizza and then like Scholastic points.
Speaker 2: Were they doing that when you all are kids?
Speaker 3: No, wait, what what did they do?
Speaker 1: Yeah, they were doing the They were doing the pizza hut when when I was a kid.
Speaker 4: Yeah, if you think you would read so many books and then like take your stuff in the pizza hut and they would give.
Speaker 2: You like the little like I have like a coop like yeah something.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, get that why my pizza hut.
Speaker 1: Interrogated me using the Socratic method to find out if I read the books. I love that. Yeah, no, I we did that. We like our school would have days that were just reading. Like it was like once a year, but it would They would have a day where you would like bring a blanket to school and just like pick a spot, like people were like you know, spread out with their books in the hallway. You just read the whole day and it was like a competition to see if you could, like how many pages you could put away? Wait really yeah it was. That was fun.
Speaker 3: Shout out to Magsig Middle School and outside Dayton, Ohio. I never even had ship like that that. Yeah, no, they did not like a day off. Yeah it was fun. That was That was middle school. But that was that was what I want to go back to middle school then, me too, although in Madison style.
Speaker 1: Less cool now because as a of you know, Scholastic still major thing. It's holding one hundred and twenty thousand book fairs at schools across the US as of twenty seventeen, but recently they have been responding to people saying the book, the book offerings are too diverse, and they're they're forcing the woke agenda on air kids. Some school librarians have been posting on social media accusing Scholastic of giving schools an option to exclude diverse books from their fares, including books on racial and LGBTQ plus issues. These are the books, like some of the books that are being like blacklisted are I can't like? One is called Almah and how she got her name? It is the least it Yeah, it's Caldacond on her book. You know that gold seal when you're like, this shit is approval for children. It's about the origins of a girl's name. You are Enough.
Speaker 3: It's a book co written by an eleven year old model and actors with Down syndrome. Change my asshole, Yeah what no, don't show kids that don't let kids expect, accept themselves, change things. That's by Amanda Gorman. Her book Refugee by Alan Gratz. It's about about three stories of like thirteen year olds that are like having to be refugees and shit from different perspectives and different time periods, and they're like, get this shit out.
Speaker 1: Push your empathy on my kids. Yeah, you can't have.
Speaker 3: Them feeling empathy, which is wild too, because it's done so cynically that all of those books are within like because you remember the Scholastic fairs, like they they're like these like metal cases that fold up in half and then they wheel them in and out and then unlock them and open them up. So apparently they just have one of those red cases that has all the diversity books in them, so they're super easy to just xcize from the fucking firefying.
Speaker 1: Some librarians who opt to accept the diverse bookcase aren't getting it in time.
Speaker 3: I'm for the start of the fair. They're like, oh, sorry, guys, we uh.
Speaker 1: This one is heavier than the other ones. U truck again, Yeah, damn jesus. Yeah, I don't know. Scholastic is a for profit company that continues to support JK Rowling, you know, and be like, well, she has her opinions, but she also made us a lot of money.
Speaker 4: And continues to make us a lot of money, will forever make us a lot of money. I can forget, Like, listen, Ja Kroll is a terrible person and we do not her in any way, shape or form. I can forgive a company being like, uh, this eleven million dollars can help me, like fund like twenty seven thousand artists coming up. I less have a problem with that, but the idea that you're going to remove diverse books from children's access is mine. But like I can remember, like I got books about like indigenous people's like hot books about like like Mexican cultus, like my first like chapter books about like other cultures directly came from this little asidic book there. And the idea that they're not available anymore, and especially when you like zoom out and consider that most of these like book banning, it's like what eleven people who are just hopping around a different school districts being like, hey, get these books need to be banned, and people are folding to the pressure of a very small, tiny group of people who are just extremely loud.
Speaker 2: It's so disappointing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's there are like reports of like parents just basically putting the money together if the school even denies having one and the parents have just been putting it on too. Like there, it's interesting to see how there are responses from parents whore like this is fucked up. He's like they deserve to have this fine that will fucking foot foot the build at least get the fucking bookcases somewhere. But this has kind of been like they've been doing shit like this for a minute. There was like another book that was about like these this woman who's Japanese Americans talking about like it's like a story about how her parents met, like in the Japanese internment camp and Wild War two, and then the scholastic version of it, they asked her to take out like a phrase about like like the racism of America at that time, and another paragraph about it, and everyone was like, are you fucking for real?
Speaker 4: Right in her artist statement, they wanted her to censor her artists, not even content from the book that you're already selling. It is like her artist statement in the back of the book about why she made it. Why were you censoring your own artist? Like that is an insane thing to do. And to your earlier point, Miles, like when I think about the books being banned, like Matthew Cherry's Hair Love, which is literally about a little girl who really wants to have her hair done nice because she's gonna go visit her mom and dad has to learn how because she's not walking out of this house not looking good. And then it turns out she would want to look at because her mom has cancer and just shaved all her hair off and they used to have fun doing her hair and keep styles. That's the entirety of the book. At what point are you offended or do you need to protect a child from that?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: Like those images like it's just so sinister.
Speaker 3: They're going to learn about the associated costs of cancer treatment and then they're going to probably start advocating for Medicare for all or universal healthcare or some shit like that. It's like really wild, It really is, like at at every level, it's like they're trying to like dull the development of like a sense of empathy from kids, like in anything. It's like, why can't it just be about those kids that live in that dang boxcar.
Speaker 1: They were they had a good time, you know what I mean. They bootstrapped it out of that box car, didn't they? Yeah, this the there's also you know, there's been the unexplicitly right wing book Fair Brave book Fair by the opposite of Brave book Fair, but thrun by the Christian publisher that Kirk Cameron works with, and the website also provides banners with the language through which to demand books be removed from book fairs at schools. So they're just trying to use technology to spread lazy like you know, to points and make it easier for people to start thought killing movements in schools.
Speaker 4: And it's God bless librarians out here doing the Lord's work, being like alarm needs to be raised so people know what's happening, and also making sure a lot of these books stay accessible to children.
Speaker 3: They're like, what's this new coloring book? My little comp And it's like I don't know, and I don't know how that got in there, but it is like, you know, it's it's just I think what we're seeing, Like to your point, Joelle is like, it's just a capitalist money making machine. So at every level, just like how do we sell more books? Because that's why now it's like there's like not even books, it's like part books and it's like they want toys. We got that shit too, And a lot of people are like this isn't helpful, Like what the fuck is this? They're like, I don't know if they thought a kid would want a remote control car or something too.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's Scholastic is by no means like that a good option for this, Like they they've really like kind of created a monopoly and have a stranglehold on the market. And they yeah, like you said, they've been criticized by a consumer watchdog group for using their book clubs to push video games, jewelry kits, and toy cars to kids. And it's also keuper normative ship for the kiddies, you know what I mean, they can be fucked up for like kids who don't have the means to buy the books, you know, to like, oh yeah, yeah, it becomes like a flex off for third I.
Speaker 3: Remember, I remember I thought I was styling with fucking like the five bucks my mom gave me in first grade and at the time I got like a Peewee Scouts book and a Bobby Bonilla Mets poster and I didn't even fuck with the Mets, but I had to max out that five dollars. Fuck it, I'll fuck with Bobby bo now in the Mets. And then I remember I would see these other kids fucking armfuls of books, and I was that was one of the moments I was like, am I is there such thing as rich kids? Like that's the first kid that was my first taste of seeing like those that kind of difference in class obviously, like difference than like you go to some kids housing. Its gigantic. You're like, holy shit, oh how y'all living over here? But before even all that, because I would hang out with my friends, I were, you know, similar class. Seeing the kids come out with like seventeen books and like everything from a case, You're like, oh fuck, yeah, okay, a little bit different. I'm doing things a little bit different.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, all good.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we gotta get Dolly Parton to come in and teach us how it's done. Is she like eradicated to literacy in Tennessee? Basically, I think like seventy like increased literacy by seventy three percent and children she just hands out free books. I like that idea. If classic was a real one, they would just be like, here's the free books to the school. Yeah, evan child gets like two or three free books. Go ahead and read children.
Speaker 1: And yeah, it's like I think they're publicly traded. I think they're you know, they have to look at shareholder value, which is always what you want driving the education of your children is shareholder value?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, they're on NASDAC all right, man, Hey, that's down to cool. Hey get in now, man by the dip.
Speaker 1: That's right. All right, let's take a quick break and we'll be right back. And we're back. And I was recently announced that the space suits for NASA's twenty twenty five lunar mission will be designed by Prada. Hell yes, despite the fact that there's literally nobody on the Moon to impress with fancy clothes, but I guess a lot of people will be watching they as they go to the Moon, and Prada is going to have them looking good. The suits will provide quote increased flexibility, maybe increased FLEs you know, and uh, greater protection for the astronauts. I don't buy that, Okay, increased flexibility. I'd be like, all right, they have access to like maybe different fabrics and like you know, like maybe on that. But Prada knows how to provide greater protection than NASA. That's yeah, I'm from the space. How is it just because like they're just so good at textiles? Is that how they're just being like yo, okay, if like we'll help you with the technology. I don't even know, like, are they developing spacesuit technology or they're merely designing it. How does it work here? I don't know.
Speaker 3: I think I guess it's maybe the design to like, okay, have it dripped out and they're like, it's actually the the suits are too slim to actually keep someone safe from the the hostile environment of being in space. Right, yeah, very a slim fit NASA spacesuit is this sleeveless with a deep V neck.
Speaker 1: We had to take out some tubes and ship but we figured, you know, yeah it you gotta suffer to look good.
Speaker 3: Right right.
Speaker 4: I'm disappointed if these images are what has come up with not all what I was expecting. I was like, oh, we're about to get the new sleek hot ship uniform.
Speaker 1: Well the ones at the bottom, is that the one in the dock? Yeah, those are those are just past those are the space to this point before they Prada has just been tapped. So they're they're going into the lab right now.
Speaker 2: Because here's the thing.
Speaker 4: Every year at the Olympics, whatever big designer is like out of your country comes in and they design your like the walk whatever that big walk is where all the countries come in.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, exactly.
Speaker 4: Those all get designed, and each year we could sit back like we are fashion of fishonados and be like, not the look this year Tommy Hill figure did not catch how hoping it really hasn't hit since Salt Lake City. They switch off form and maybe that's why we're not hitting as much. I feel like we gotta we gotta really embrace some new American designers. Virtual Ablow should have designed some opening uniforms absolutely before we lost them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think.
Speaker 4: Truly we have like and if we look back at like historically, I think probably the most famous designer like tour designer uniforms are Hugo Boss's Nazi uniforms.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, obviously the.
Speaker 4: Nazis, but their uniforms were clean the lines where they were working. Listen, listen, yougo. Boss could cut a suit. That's all we're saying. Period of the story. God knew how to use some scissors. I just feel like, if we're not gonna no no, no, we burn all that.
Speaker 1: Wipe it from the they made good plates and cutlery.
Speaker 3: Okay, I just like to show them to my other wealthy friends.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but if we if we could get you know a designer in here who could make it, you know fashion. I'm yeah, I think pretty aesthetics.
Speaker 1: I do too. I think here's the thing. All right, So first of all, like this story is just like so they were tapped to make the suits by Axiom Space, the private space exploration company that recently inked a two hundred and twenty eight million dollar contract with NASA to modernized spacesuits. So basically, you know, huge sums of tax payer money went to pay a corporate middleman who in turn hired a high end Italian company. We'll see, like maybe they look super clean. I just this brought to my attention that some of the space suits to this point have been have looked awesome, like way cooler than I feel like they had any right to look considering that they were designed by Playtex, Like they that's who designed these. Yeah yeah, wow, like eighty one, the two eighty one spacesuits and the eighty eight orange one, like we'll link off to this image. Are eighty eighty one is so goaded?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's that's like the one that you always see like on astronaut ice cream.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like that the yellow one with like patches and shit, it's.
Speaker 3: Give me that.
Speaker 1: Give me that.
Speaker 3: When I look at a spacesuit, give me that.
Speaker 1: And it's just like there are because I think I did have in the back of my head like those Olympic sweatsuits where they everybody enters the stadium, and those are things where they're like and we have our greatest fashion designers like designing these and they never look as cool as you want them to. And I'm just wondering, like why why did the space suit looks as good as it did? And you know what, maybe maybe we can call out some other examples of just like uniforms or clothes they're just like that go way harder than they have any right to go, because like, can.
Speaker 4: We talk about okay, the sixties pan Am Steward is, yes, outfits well Bay Faget, we're just talking fashion. My god, pillbox blue, like sleek mini skirts and stuff like you had to be model level hot to get higher. Again, it was the sexist institution and we don't support everything about it, but the suits were clean.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I was gonna say baseball uniforms because they don't. First of all, the baseball hat has just become so iconic, so like that that of all sports where that's the one that is like, you know, taken over crossed over the most I'd have to assume, like no, but like part of it might be that the players are all like peak athletes. They're not all, but a lot of them are peak athlete. So they look great in anything that you're gonna put them in. And unfortunately, that is the one sport where the managers where like elderly beer gut having managers also wear the same uniform, and in those cases it's not quite as flattering.
Speaker 4: But I think that's fair because it tells you, the regular consumer, whether you're about to be able to pull this off or not. Like, so you might want to wear your baseball top with a gene instead, Like let's create a cleaner line at the bottom you can't up.
Speaker 3: To Yeah, need for that, No, need for that.
Speaker 1: Stirrups are such a flourish it's like the purely decorative, you know, it's just like shit with that in there. You just need a second pair of socks with like a little I think, I mean, I feel like the little thong at the bottom. The easiest ones to like call out.
Speaker 3: I feel like, just from a fashion sense, are probably like Polo and Rugby, you know, because like we think of like the rugby shirt as like now has just I've just made its way as like a fashion silhouette. Polo obviously has like its own like you know, she SHEI aesthetic.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I feel like Japanese school uniforms are also like kind of iconic. I don't know if they go harder than they need to, but it is something that inspires, like a lot of other stuff.
Speaker 4: Late nineties early as it was really influencing a ton of stuff, at least in America.
Speaker 2: We were seeing everywhere.
Speaker 3: Because Sailor Moon Too is like you know, that was that that's just sort of continuing that sort of like Japanese school sailor aesthetic or whatever.
Speaker 4: I would also say basketball uniforms, especially if we consider like the basketball short and the absolute takeover that that had when we were.
Speaker 2: As long as your pants. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Oh, I used to have these shorts that were criminally long, like mid shin, and like I didn't have to sag them, they were that fucking long, and I would I used to wear another pair of basketball shorts under those in case like a game kicked off or like I can't bomb these baggy shorts, but I got slightly less baggy shorts underneath them. That was definitely, Yeah, my uniform for.
Speaker 1: Real basketball shoe, I said. The baseball hat the basketball shoe are the two most cross iconic. Yeah, most iconic crossover athletic things. I will say, Hello shirt, No, Hello shirts is definitely in there for sure, like a long shot, but if you ever get a chance to look up the fencing gear. Fencing gear is pretty cool looking.
Speaker 2: It does look cool.
Speaker 4: It's not all practical, It cannot practical at all real life in any way, shape or for but.
Speaker 1: It looks like one of those things that you would see either like that maybe this is what some of the characters and a clockwork orange were wearing. Like it has like clockwork orange vibes. And also it looks like something you would see a fashion runway, like at fashion Week, and you would be like, well, that's impractical, and no one's ever gonna I'm never I'm never gonna see someone wearing that, But right, it does cut a fine fashionable silhouette.
Speaker 4: We can also get into military stuff. The bomber jacket, Yeah, hugely popular post what is it like World War Two?
Speaker 3: World War Yeah, yeah, well there just like the leather bomber that's probably right after World War Two. And then then then comes like the what is it like the m one a jacket or whatever. There is so much too that's just taken from like military standard where those games like are over shirts. But I think now you're seeing more like it's more like you know, like hard like more like construction type shit that's becoming more mainstream art kind of stuff. And you know, like looking like a like a lumberjack, even though you you'd be day trading, you know, on your computer all day, but you gotta look rugged, like justin Timberlake let them know.
Speaker 1: But I do think eighties NASA a suit probably not practical yet, but in the future when it becomes impossible to walk outside protection. That where I'm just saying, like invest in NASA space suits. There. My kids were astronauts one here for Halloween and that you know, very easy costume to put on, take off, you know, just like helmet and ones. Essentially it looked great like that. That was when I first had this thought. I was like, damn, those look so cool, like they look great on you guys. Can we talk about a terrible uniform. Have guys seen the SpaceX uniforms? No?
Speaker 4: Oh, bro, they look bad. They look real bad. They look like bad trek. They're like white and.
Speaker 1: Wait is this great?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 3: This is? This is?
Speaker 1: This is a joke? Man? Oh yeah, this sucks.
Speaker 3: These look like people that die in a movie, you know what I mean? Like, these suits look like not up to whatever the fucking task is.
Speaker 2: This sci fi film had a twelve thousand dollars budget.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're like, what do you got to Like? I got this old jumpsuit from when I was doing painting jobs, and I could use that with some like rubber boots and my ex girlfriend's motorcycle helmet.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, and.
Speaker 4: All you really need is a turtleneck in space, I guess because I don't feel like if I got jettisoned out of a capsule that I'm surviving very long in this thing. I don't know are the because the shirts Okay, it looks like a pant and top set, not a like one body unform.
Speaker 3: Is going to sweep in through. There is going to get in.
Speaker 4: I don't like it. I don't like it, hideous, guys. I can't even begin to tell you how idious uniforms.
Speaker 3: Are right right, it's wild, dude. I don't know they these aren't really good uniforms. But again, you know, it is what it is. It is what it is, all right.
Speaker 1: Well, Joelle, thank you so much for joining us on this episode. Where can people find you and follow you? And all that could slush?
Speaker 4: Yeah, and Joel many he can follow me all over the internet at Joe Monique. That's j O E L E M O N I Q you E. I don't have enough time to actually find the name of this. Maybe I'll drop it, I guess and add it to the comments. But there is an account on Instagram where all they do is they strip the paint off of old dressers.
Speaker 2: Now, listen, it sounds.
Speaker 4: Boring as hell, it sounds it's awful, But what's really happy is these dresses are dirty and beat up, and they're the kind of dressers you'd find on the side of the road, and everyone be like, ew, look at how tacky and trashy. They just strip and polish it and suddenly it's a beautiful work of art that you would absolutely.
Speaker 2: Want to have in your home.
Speaker 4: And all of the time I hate buying new furniture because everything is built to last you like a max of seven years. Now, unless you have crazy money to invest in like a solid oak something. The old furniture is still kicking around. Like if you put in very minimal work, you could have beautiful pieces of art that will last you like another fifty years. And I just think it's inspire to create something really like this really touching story about a woman whose brother died and this was like the last thing that she had of his.
Speaker 2: She couldn't really sell it.
Speaker 4: She was like, I really know what to do with this, and then the woman was like, just bring it over to my house and I'll repair it it picks it up, and she didn't. The woman like bought it back from her and now she has this beautiful piecea from her brother's home in her house and it's restored. It's just I just think it's really lovely to make old things new again.
Speaker 1: Amazing Miles. Where can people find you? Is there a workimedia you've been enjoying?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Find me on Twitter or formerly x as well as threads, Instagram and the like at Miles of Gray. Been there done that? Also check me out you know on the Good Thief for Fiance and our basketball podcast, Miles and Jack got mad bousties, and that's where we are at. Let's see a tweet that I like. This one's from at Digital Urn. It said, talk to my therapist about nine to eleven for like ten minutes today, Big milestone. She even told me that she's a fan of nine to eleven meters.
Speaker 1: Tweet. I've been enjoying, Katie Delaney tweeted, hoping one day a magazine has occasion to do a profile on me so I can finally find out in.
Speaker 3: Beautiful pros what specific.
Speaker 1: Vibe I give off when I enter a restaurant, A dream true? That is the dream that You can find me on Twitter at Jack Underscore O'Brien. You can find us on Twitter at daily Zeikeeist. We're at d daily Zeigeist on Instagram. We have a Facebook fan page on a website daily zeikeist dot com where we post our episodes and our footnotes where we link off to the information that we talked about in today's episode, as well as the song that we think you might enjoy. Myles, what is the song that you think people might enjoy?
Speaker 3: I think you might enjoy the drummend bass samba stylings of DJ Potty fing P A T I f E. And this track is called Sambos Sambasi s A M b A S s I M And this is a nice little samba, a little drummond BASSI once.
Speaker 8: Told me, oh wow, it's not that one I was thinking of, going, Yeah, you caught you caught me off guard with that one that you sucked that one in.
Speaker 3: So yeah, check this one out. It's a great listen and just uh yeah, pretend you're in like a like a Miami cafe as.
Speaker 1: You listen to this.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, well we will link off to that in the footnote.
Speaker 1: Todaily. That guy is the production of iHeart Radio. For more podcasts from my heart Radio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple podcast, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows. That's gonna do it for us this morning, back this afternoon to tell you what is trending, and we will talk to you all night. Bye wy