Speaker 1: Welcome in everyone to Lively Lewis Stories.
Speaker 2: That's right, We're back with even more awesome adventures with Levi and Ivy. Set your storytime eater too fun and get ready to join the Lively Lewis crew.
Speaker 1: All you need is your imagination and we go. I can't thank you.
Speaker 3: See were my story to us today?
Speaker 1: Have you ever wanted to get more Lively Lewis in your life, Well we've got you covered.
Speaker 2: Grab an adult and zoom over to livelyleuishop dot com or.
Speaker 1: Just click on the link in our show notes.
Speaker 3: Enough about that, let's get too Today's super Live Ay Lewis story.
Speaker 4: Happy Birthday to you, Happy birthday to you, Happy birthday, dear Levi, Happy birthday to you, ring out from the dining room as Levi's friends and family saying to him on his big day.
Speaker 1: Thank you everyone, Levi responded, I.
Speaker 2: Am so happy that everyone could be here today to celebrate my birthday and eat cake, exclaimed Ivy as she swiped her finger through the layer of vanilla frosting on the top of Levi's birthday cake. Let's get to it, Levi laughed and agreed with his sister. The sooner we eat the cake the sooner I can open up my gifts, said Levi as he plucked the candles out of the frosting and placed them on a napkin. His mom took the cake into the kitchen to slice up, and as Levi and his friends waited, they all wondered what the big gift in the corner of the room could be. It was from Levi's parents, so it could have been anything. Hey, friends, if you had a big present in the corner of your room on your birthday, what would you hope would be inside?
Speaker 1: Shout it out? Those are great choices.
Speaker 2: Maybe it's a spaceship, called out Wyatt as he made a flying motion with his arms stretched out.
Speaker 1: Or maybe it's a drum.
Speaker 2: Set, added Lydia, pretending to be playing the drums with imaginary drumsticks. Nope, I think it's a dog with magical powers and neon blue fur, giggled Aijamal as Levi's mom walked back into the dining room holding a platter of cake slices. Wellp you're all wrong and we'll just have to wait until Levi opens his presence to find out, Levi's mom answered with a little smile. Levi listened to his friends make their guesses, but he had his own idea of what he hoped would be a hyper Go go motorcycle. He had been talking about it for months. It was bright red with flames painted on the side, and it looked just like a real motorcycle. It didn't go as fast, but it was the coolest thing Levi had ever seen, and he made it known to his parents that he wanted it more than anything. Levi, Ivy, and their friends finished up their cake and all ran into the living room. There, Levi took a seat next to a big pile of colorful presents. One by one, he opened them, thanking his friends as he went.
Speaker 1: Wow, a remote control car, this.
Speaker 2: Is awesome, Thank you Wyat, A superhero figure with sound effects and its own zipline incredible, Thank you, Lydia. And a new soccer ball with Neon blue swirls.
Speaker 1: This is great.
Speaker 2: Thank you Isijamal, said Levi. As he opened each gift, he knew he was getting closer and closer to his parents' big gifts. Still sitting in the corner of the dining room, Well, it looks like you're all done opening your gifts, said Levi's dad with a smile, knowing very well their big gift was still unopened. Actually, I think there's one more, said Levi, pointing towards the dining room. You're right, replied his dad. Let me go grab that for you. Levi's mom and dad each picked up one end of the box and walked into the living room. They plopped it down in front of Levi, wishing him a very happy birthday. We hope you like it, buddy, said his dad. I have a feeling you will, added his mom. Levi couldn't wait another second and ripped the wrapping paper off the box in long strips, and since the final piece was off, there it was right there on the side of the box, a big picture of the hyper Go Go motorcycle. Levi could not believe his eyes. Well he could because he'd been asking for the motorcycle every day for months, but to finally see it right there in front of him.
Speaker 1: Was a little overwhelming.
Speaker 2: Have you ever gotten a present that you were just so excited about, because that's definitely how Levi's feeling. It looked a lot bigger in person than on the TV commercial where he had first seen it. He couldn't wait to get out of the box, and neither could Ivy and his friends.
Speaker 1: Levi, that is so cool, called out Wyatt.
Speaker 2: I can't believe mom and dad actually bought you a hyper Go.
Speaker 1: Go, added Ivy.
Speaker 2: You're so lucky, But I guess I am too, because we can share it, right Levi. Levi was still so focused on his new gift that he didn't respond to Ivy. It was only when she called his name again that he snapped back into reality and out of the hyper Go Go dream world he was seen in after seeing his gift. Oh yeah, we can share it, Ivy. But I think it might be a little too big for you and too fast, said Levi. Well there's only one way to find out, said Lydia. Take it out of the box and give it a ride. Levi's mom and dad helped Levi open the box and take the hyper Go Go motorcycle out. It was amazing looking and a little bit intimidating. This wasn't a little kid bicycle. This was an electric powered motorcycle that could go whipping around the neighborhood. And the more Levi looked at it, the more he felt his heart beating. It got quicker and quicker as his friends asked him to go outside and take his first ride. I can't, said Levi, feeling a sense of relief from the situation. It's electric, so it has to be charged to run, and it's not charged yet, so I can't ride it, actually, interrupted Levi's dad. We knew you'd want to ride it right away, so we charged it already and put it back in the box for you to open.
Speaker 1: Wow. Thanks, dad, said.
Speaker 2: Levi, trying to sound excited by the gesture. No problem, answered his mom. Now go grab your helmet in the garage and we'll meet you outside with your motorcycle. As Levi's mom and dad, Ivy, and all his friends got ready to head outside, Levi suddenly exclaimed, I can't write it now. I need to read the instructions, right, Mom, don't you always say safety first? Yes, of course, replied Levi's mom. But you've been watching riding safety videos about the hyper Go Go online since you saw the commercial.
Speaker 1: That's why we charged up for you so you'd be ready to ride.
Speaker 2: And I even added the little bit of water so it looks like real smoke coming out the back.
Speaker 1: But thank you for wanting to be safe, Levi, what's wrong?
Speaker 2: You know everything about this motorcycle, said Ivy, sounding a little disappointed. I was so excited to see my big brother ride it around the neighborhood. I've known about it for weeks and it was so difficult to keep the secret from you. Please get it to go, leave by please. Ivy stared at Levi, looking so hopeful and excited to see him ride that he just couldn't say no any longer. Even though he was really nervous to ride the hyper Go Go, he gathered up all his courage and said, yes, awesome, We can't wait to see your first ride, called out Ajamal as she and the rest of the group ran outside. Levi walked slowly into the garage to get his helmet and met everyone out in front of his house.
Speaker 1: Just a few moments.
Speaker 2: Later, his hyper Go Go motorcycle was shining in the sun and ready to go.
Speaker 1: Be careful, Levi and go slow, said his mom. But have fun. You've got this.
Speaker 2: Levi's dad gave him a pat on the back and helped him onto the motorcycle. It was then that Levi realized, aside from being bigger in person, it was also really heavy. Levi wasn't sure how his first ride was going to go, but he knew he had to do it. However, having his family and friends watching added a little extra level of nervousness to the situation. Levi teetered on his tiptoes once he sat down on the seat, trying to steady himself in balance. He thought he had it for a moment and lifted one foot onto the slanted platform on the side of the motorcycle. However, he didn't have it, and the hyper Go Go began to tip. Levi's dad was still close by and ran over to catch Levi right before he and the hyper Go Go.
Speaker 1: Hit the ground. Are you gonna be okay, asked his dad.
Speaker 2: Sure, I'll get the hang of it in no time, said Levi, sounding less than confident. I think I need to start rolling forward first, and then I can pick up one foot and then the other.
Speaker 1: At least that's what I saw in the videos I watched.
Speaker 2: You got this, buddy, said his dad, stepping away from the motorcycle, ready to cheer on his son. You got this, Levi, Levi whispered to himself, not really believing what he was saying, but as he did. He pushed the start button on his motorcycle handle and felt the hyper Go go slowly move forward. As it did, he tried to remember all of the things he had seen in those online riding safety videos. As it began to go a bit faster, Levi picked up his feet and felt himself riding down the street. However, the ride was very short lived as the weight of the motorcycle became too much for Levi and he started to wobble. That wobble turned into a swerve, and that swerve caused him to fall right in front of his family and all of his friends. Are you okay, Levi called out Ivy, running over to him along with everyone else. I'm fine, answered Levi, standing beside his motorcycle, which was still laying on the ground. I am more embarrassed than anything. You don't have anything to be embarrassed about, said Levi's mom, giving her.
Speaker 1: Son a hug.
Speaker 2: You have just a little scrape on your knee, and we can take care of that in no time. But Ivy was a little confused by the whole situation and said, I mean, how did you fall?
Speaker 1: Though you watched all those.
Speaker 2: Videos and told me how you were going to be the best hyper go go rider ever. It just looked so easy. Listening to his sister, Levi felt sad and defeated. You know what, I think everyone's parents will be picking them up from the party any minute now, said Levi's mom. Noticing Levi's mood, she could tell that he wanted to go inside and forget this ever happened. Everyone walked back home as Levi's dad picked up his son's motorcycle and pushed it back to the front yard. Thanks for the great party, said ajiamal Lydia and Wyatt as they grabbed their goodie bags and headed out the door with their parents. I think you just need some more practice, said Wyatt before he left.
Speaker 1: I'm sure you'll get it in no time. And while you're.
Speaker 2: Working on it, do you think I could give your motorcycle a try? You can have it, said Levi unders breath. I'll never ride that thing again, what, asked Wyatt?
Speaker 1: Oh? Nothing.
Speaker 2: I mean, sure you can give it a try, but it's tougher than it looks, said Levi, heading back to the living room.
Speaker 1: Is why it walked out the door.
Speaker 2: From that day on, all Levi and Ivy's friends wanted to do was see him ride his hyper Go Go motorcycle again. They were sure he could do it and wanted a chance for him to prove it to himself.
Speaker 1: However, Levi wanted to do anything but that.
Speaker 2: He made every excuse you could think of as to why he couldn't ride his motorcycle, things like I have so much homework today, I have.
Speaker 1: Chores to do. I'm just not in the mood. I I heard it rain, and I don't think it's charged.
Speaker 2: Ivy and Levi's friends were getting tired of asking about the motorcycle, so they just stopped. They did other things instead, as the hyper Go Go sat and collected dust in Levi's garage. Then one Saturday, Levi was in the garage when his mom walked in to toss a bag of garbage in the trash can. When she did, she saw Levi sitting next to his hyper Go Go motorcycle trying to take the electric box off the side.
Speaker 1: Hey Levi, what are you doing, asked his mom.
Speaker 2: I'm just trying to see if there's a way to make this like a pedal bike, answered Levi, you know, so I can go a little slower and not have to worry about this heavy engine weighing me down.
Speaker 1: Oh I see fun idea, But.
Speaker 2: I think you may be looking to convert this motorcycle for another reason, said his mom. Could it because you're scared to ride it? Levi looked down at the ground and slowly nodded his head. I was so embarrassed when I fell in front of everyone, and it's way harder than I thought it would be to ride, Levi.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry you and dad bought it for me. Do you think you could return it?
Speaker 2: I don't think we have to go that far, started Levi's mom. I think you just need to give it another try. Giving up when things get difficult won't help with anything, But trying your hardest to achieve something you've really been looking forward to is definitely the way to go.
Speaker 1: And I speak from experience. Levi's mom always seemed to have the right story for a situation he and Ivy got into, and when they needed a little encouragement, she would help them along by telling them something similar that had happened to her.
Speaker 2: This situation was no different. Levi's mom went on to tell him about the time she wanted to learn to use a pogo stick. Hey, if you don't know what a pogo stick is, take this chance to go ask your mom and dad. She had wanted one forever, and her best friend had one. Her friend knew how to use it really well, and they both had dreams of doing a pogo stick performance in their school's talent show. So Levi's mom got a pogo stick for her birthday, and the first time she tried it out, she fell and cut her leg. See I still have a little scar right here, she said, showing Levi. I wanted to give up right then, just like you, but my friend encouraged me and told me to keep at it. I fell a few more times before I got the hang of it, but eventually I got it, and I could have not been prouder of myself that I stuck with it.
Speaker 1: My friend and I practiced every day, and we won our school talent show.
Speaker 2: And what meant more than the little trophy was knowing that I wanted to give up, but I didn't. Levi listened closely to every word and knew what he had to do.
Speaker 3: Next.
Speaker 2: He dusted off his HyperG Go motorcycle and rolled it out of the garage. Ivy was playing outside and was so excited to see Levi with his new toy again.
Speaker 1: LEVI, are you gonna try and ride it again?
Speaker 2: Exclaimed to Ivy, looking so proud of her brother for giving another try. You know what, said Levi, looking at his mom with a smile. I think, I am. I've been wanting to ride this motorcycle for months now, and I'm not going to give up. Levi's mom smiled at her son and watched as he put on his helmet, got on his motorcycle, and gave it another try. Levi then practiced every day for two weeks before he really started to get good. His confidence grew with every ride, even if some of them ended with a little tumble or another scraped knee. It also made it a lot easier since Ivy was there cheering him on all the way. Levi, I'm so proud of you, said Ivy as she and Levi's friend stood around him and his Hyper Go Go motorcycle one afternoon. You're doing great on that thing now, said Lydia. It's awesome how you didn't give up, added Wyat and Aijamal. We're really proud of you, Levi, said Ivy as she gave her big brother a hug.
Speaker 1: If mom and dad say it's okay, do you think we could do a ride together? Sure, replied Levi. That would be great.
Speaker 2: Ivy asked, and her parents said that would be fine, So she got on her helmet and hopped on with Levi. Everyone was outside once again to watch Levi take a ride, but before he left, Levi's mom told him how proud she was of him. Now you have your own story about persevering and not giving up, said Levi's mom.
Speaker 1: Just remember, every scrape is a mark of an attempt. We've made it something.
Speaker 2: It's better to have those little reminders than to sit back and wonder what could have happened.
Speaker 1: Be safe and have fun.
Speaker 2: Levi, thanks, mom, called out Levi's He rode off down the street with Ivy sitting behind him. She laughed and cheered as the hyper Go Go motorcycle rolled along that sunny afternoon. And now, every time Levi is in a situation where he wants to give up because things are getting tough, he looks at that little scar on his knee from when he first fell off his motorcycle, and he remembers that he can do it if he just gives it one more try. Thanks for joining us today. We hope you enjoyed the story and learned a little something too.
Speaker 1: And since we know everyone has their own story, we'd love to hear yours.
Speaker 2: If you have an idea for a Lively Lowis story, leave a comment on our Apple podcast review page with five stars, your idea, and your little one's name.
Speaker 1: Then maybe I next to thank you will be with you until our next story time hangout gank.
Speaker 2: Friends the name.
Speaker 3: We can't wait to share another fun, Lively Lewis story with you.