Speaker 1: I See's Daily Game. It's a production of iHeartRadio. What's up to size Team? You're listening to? The Daily Game a compilation of motivational quotes I've collected over the years that I found inspiring and helped.
Speaker 2: Me through the game of life.
Speaker 1: Today's quote is from Thomas Pain, who is a philosopher during the Age of Enlightenment. So you know, I'm about to enlighten your ass right now. Right Our greatest enemies, the ones we fight most often, are within.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: It's interesting a lot of these quotes that I'm reading, I would say stuff like this, and I didn't even know who fucking Thomas Pain was. I guess the truth is the truth. And I guess if you sit back and you really just really try to analyze and assess life, a lot of people will come with the same answer. There's a song by Suicidal Tendencies called The War or Inside My Head, And I always have said that your biggest enemy, or your biggest battle, will be with your ego and yourself. I also said that humans are so flawed that if we can't fight, somebody will fucking fight ourselves.
Speaker 2: We will find something to be mad at. We'll look in the mirror and pick a fight with ourself.
Speaker 1: So the battle you'll fight the most often will be you going back and forth in your head with ideas, with problems, with situations. The fight you have with people outside that'll be rare. Every once in a while you have a battle with a friend or a foe or enemy. But every day, all day, we're going back and forth determining if this is the right thing to do or what to do. And the one thing I noticed is that I'm sober. I don't get high, I don't drink. I'm trying to imagine what's going on in somebody's head who's high. Like that battle gotta be crazy, you know what I'm saying. So a lot of times when your decision making process might be flawed or inhibited or impaired, that battle might get crazy. And I think that battle also can lead to depression. I think that battle can lead sometimes even terrible things like suicide. A lot of the problems aren't coming from outside influences. It's just going on inside your head. And that's right now. We're dealing with a lot of mental health issues. That's real. So understanding that we fight these enemies the most often understands that everybody's going through something, and just because you're sitting there and it doesn't look like you're in an argument, you could be in an argument in your.
Speaker 2: Head that's taking you out. You're going through different things.
Speaker 1: So getting your head together is probably one of the most difficult battles you'll ever face. One of the things I did to get my head right was to accept imperfection. I know things aren't going to go right, and I accept it. Like they say, man plans and God, lets I make a plan, but I know it's not gonna go right. I know things are gonna go wrong. I know that this shit is not gonna work out perfect. People are gonna miss their flights, things are gonna go wrong. I know that, and I have gained serenity in the chaos because I accept that as life. Life is chaos. Life is not without drama. It's part of it. And now that I understand that it's coming, and I'm ready for it, and I accept it and I deal with it, and I don't take it personally. I say, everyone has their own deck of stress cards, everybody, So this fucking thing we're in called life is a fucking mess. And then It gets in your fucking head and makes you fucking crazy. That's what it is. But don't think anybody is dealing with peace. You get peace for short periods of time, short sparks. But this thing life is a motherfucker for everybody. It's a motherfucker for everybody. And I think think you get more fucked up by thinking. Is not for everybody.
Speaker 2: You think.
Speaker 1: The other guy that just passed you in that porch his life is great. No, his wife is divorcing him and he's up shit creek.
Speaker 2: This has been another Ice Cold fact from me Iced team.
Speaker 1: Listening again tomorrow when I drop some wisdom on your ass till then, stay safe, stay smart, and stay knowing that the voice you had is pretty powerful, so we need to use it for motivation instead of discouragement.
Speaker 2: ICE's Daily Game.
Speaker 1: It is a production of iHeartRadio, Final Level Entertainment and Oddity, an Asylum entertainment company. The show's executive producer is Noel Brown. Supervising producer is Jordan run targ. If you like what you heard, please subscribe and leave us a review. For more podcasts on iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Pop Podcasts or wherever you listen to your favorite shows.
Speaker 2: Not every quote in this podcast was created by me.
Speaker 1: Each quote has been researched to find its origin and give proper credit to its creator.