Speaker 1: Hey, you will like wholesome content is Jemie and this is your second Date podcast we got.
Speaker 2: I have this pie ready to put in your face. You're telling me they don't need it.
Speaker 1: That's kind of wholesome too. Yesterday's awkward Tuesday phone call just fired up the comment. Yeah what do you see? Alexe?
Speaker 3: Lots of laughs on this one. It's so wholesome. I want a skittish husband, now go on, Garrett. This man's amazing, so funny. By far, my all time favorite episode. Keep this type coming. Oh man, this is a good one. That's so cute.
Speaker 1: It's so many of this great, so many green flags for that relationship.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I have a feeling we're not going to have quite as many green flags today because we have a brand new second date update for you are a little rarer. Yeah, yeah, they're harder to come by. It all starts right now.
Speaker 2: Second date Update. After a good but not great first date, what are your options moving forward? You could give up on dating and do absolutely nothing.
Speaker 1: To give out No, it's okay date okay, Yeah, just a good not a great date. It's gonna push you over the edge to you finally just give up.
Speaker 2: I'm saying that's an option you could go with B play the waiting game and do absolutely nothing.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's the same option as a option C.
Speaker 2: Make up a story in your head about how that person was probably some deranged psychopath, So it's justified that you ghosted them and do nothing and then do nothing. But today's listener, Abby went a different route after going on a good not great first date, so let's talk to her about it. Abby, welcome to the show.
Speaker 1: I thank you, So are we gonna do that? We're gonna talk to you and then do nothing?
Speaker 2: Is that the Yeah? We'll get to doing nothing in a bit. But first, what's the name of this good not great guy? Oh, Luke, that's a good not even great name.
Speaker 1: What a terrible intro. I think the name lucas nice like he's mad.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And I don't want to set him up either as being like terrible. I just just.
Speaker 2: Call it normal then right, normal in the middle, Sure, average, Luke, Average. That sounds bad.
Speaker 1: Honestly though, Like right at the beginning, I'm confused why you would call this guy average? The date okay and actually want to go out.
Speaker 2: With Yeah, most first date's just good? Yeah, successfully, Yeah, I think we need to hear more of the story, So tell us about how you and Luke met and what you did for your date.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I mean he's a good dude. He has a good job. He works in pharmaceutical industry, and I don't work in the same industry, but I know people who work in it, and kind of I have some clients that kind of work in it. So like we connected, we have something to talk about.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: Is that how you guys met through mutual friends or did you meet him online? Yeah?
Speaker 5: No, we met on the dating app okay, and we figured out that we live in the same part of town. There's a kind of popular brewery, so we decided to kind of just head there since it was close to both of us.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it all sounds normal. Yeah, really good.
Speaker 4: Yeah, average, trying to avoid that word. Man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, how did the brewery go?
Speaker 5: It was nice, Like we chatted, we had stuff to talk about. You know, it didn't blow me away, but that's okay.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, like what you mean by that is like he checked all the boxes. He's got a good job, easy convo, but nothing like stood out, is what you're trying to say.
Speaker 5: No, No, it was pretty normal, and I think so normal that it kind of made me hesitate. After I didn't reach out to him other than like, thank you for the date, but you know, I didn't set anything up afterwards.
Speaker 1: Isn't just a quick thank you for the date like a sign that you don't want anymore? I don't know.
Speaker 2: It depends, I would say, because I'm like, oh my god, thank you. That was awesome. But I guess that's hard to read over text, right, Yeah, I mean, was he responding back to you and trying to initiate a second date? Yeah?
Speaker 5: He did ask me out and I kind of left him on red.
Speaker 1: Oh so how long ago was that?
Speaker 4: This was two weeks ago? Okay, okay, talking to us.
Speaker 2: What's happened since then?
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay, So there was a weird thing that happened, and so that's why I wanted to chat. So after that, I was a little unclear about Luke and I went on a different date the following week and we went to the same brewery.
Speaker 1: I guess who was there, Oh my god, lou was also there on a date.
Speaker 5: Luke was also there on a date.
Speaker 4: Now, well, I mean, yeah, awkward, but he's not doing anything wrong.
Speaker 1: No, nobody's doing it. She just ghosted it, and now she's back at the same room with a new date.
Speaker 2: What was the interaction between you two, Like, was there an interaction? Uh?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean we saw each other. We just kind of like waved and I told the date, you know, it's just a friend of mine.
Speaker 4: Smiley a little awkward.
Speaker 1: Wait, did you think he was cuter when he was sitting with another girl? I mean, honestly, yeah, I mean, to be honest, I was kind of like, oh, and.
Speaker 3: I'm guessing your date didn't go that good.
Speaker 2: How was the date with the new guy?
Speaker 5: Fine?
Speaker 1: Nice, we'll call him in two weeks after this.
Speaker 2: Okay, clearly you were eyeing Luke over in the corner with his other date and something was happening with you emotionally.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 5: I think I also didn't have anything to compare it with. I'm kind of new back into the dating pool, okay, and Luke was the first person I had dated at.
Speaker 2: That particular brewery.
Speaker 1: It's like when you're in a competition and you have to go first, and the judges score you lower because they don't know what else is coming up next. They want to leave some room. Yeah yeah, and then he got screwed in the judging, you know.
Speaker 2: Is that how you felt?
Speaker 5: Maybe maybe maybe that's him?
Speaker 2: Yeah conclusions. Okay, So where is your head at now? With Luke and this new guy.
Speaker 5: I was kind of whatever, and it made me think that Luke might be a good match. Actually, so I him.
Speaker 2: Luke was also whatever, but he's less whatever.
Speaker 1: Wait, so you texted Luke.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so I texted him, was just like, haha, I was funny, you know, just like kind of laughed it off, made a joke, and then said that we should hang out again. And he has not responded.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because you didn't respond to him when he said that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I know, but now maybe.
Speaker 4: You don't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, sounds like you want what you can't have exactly. You can't have him though, that's the thing. Well, we don't know. Maybe Luke has moved on. Maybe Luke actually did have a good time with the new girl that.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know, Okay, Okay, I hope you were like laughing a lot and looking like you were having lots of fun on your other dates.
Speaker 2: But not too much fun, or else Luke will be like, oh, she really is having a great time with that other guy.
Speaker 1: Kind of joking jealous.
Speaker 2: With me anyway? Who says dating plays mine games on everybody, not I. So we're gonna come back. We're gonna call this good not great guy Luke and hopefully convince him to give you a second chance.
Speaker 1: Yes, we won't use that as his nickname, we promise.
Speaker 2: No, we'll come up with something better and do it with your second date update right after this hold on second date update. What's the famous saying you don't have to outrun the bear, you just have to outrun the other guy. And that's kind of how our listener Abby decided she likes a dude named Luke because she went on two average dates with two average guys. But it wasn't until after she met the second one she realized, actually, maybe guy number one, Luke was slightly better. I pick him instead.
Speaker 1: Who's the bear in this analogy?
Speaker 2: Brook? Obviously you're the bear, okay, and you're gonna maul the slower man.
Speaker 1: I always take the weakest link, you always do.
Speaker 2: But that's how Abby ended up here looking for another chance with guy number one. But who knows, maybe after this she'll change your mind again and next week we'll be calling average guy number two. Do you want us to keep a spot open for you Abby next week just in case.
Speaker 5: No, I'm gonna stick with.
Speaker 2: Comit like average week Sundays. Yeah, on the weekend, whole lineup of average men for you to choose for.
Speaker 1: I guess it's pretty understanding though, Like you're back into the dating world. You kind of want to see what's out there a little bit, and it just happened to be your very first one was better than you realize.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but that's a big danger of playing the field right now in modern dating is there always seems to be a better option on the other side of the fense.
Speaker 1: For you, Jeff, it hasn't been forever.
Speaker 2: What's wrong to committing to the first man who approaches you? Actually? Okay, maybe you keep that as an option for the next guy you meet. Okay, Okay, Okay. For now, we'll focus on Luke and see if he picks up the phone. I'm gonna dial his number right now. Lo Hey, is this Luke?
Speaker 4: Who's it?
Speaker 2: My name is Jeff. I'm on a radio show called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 1: Luke.
Speaker 4: This is this is real This is this is real life.
Speaker 2: You're asleep right now.
Speaker 1: Dream.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're on the radio right now. Is that okay?
Speaker 4: I mean depends on what what you need from me, but sure, well understandable.
Speaker 2: All we want to do is gently pry into your personal life.
Speaker 1: What sounds fun.
Speaker 2: It's more fun than it sounds. It's a segment we do called Second Date Update.
Speaker 4: Okay, Uh, you're the bear.
Speaker 1: You're the bear in this analogy right now, Jeff, just so you know the analogy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, what's going on?
Speaker 2: This is a segment where we try to help listeners with their dating life. If they've gone out with somebody and they're not getting a call back, we can try and help figure out the reason why. And the girl who reached out to us about you is Abby, like two weeks ago.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, okay, are you upset with Abby?
Speaker 4: I'm not that upset anymore. I mean that makes sense, but you were, well, yeah, did she tell you what happened? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I'm assuming you're talking about when you two ran into each other again like a week later at the same brewery.
Speaker 1: Oh really, I think he's talking about the text messages that she didn't answer.
Speaker 4: I mean both were gut punches.
Speaker 2: Okay, we're trying to do some investigative digging on Abby's behalf because she's the last person that texted you and you haven't responded to her.
Speaker 4: Now how she didn't respond to me first?
Speaker 1: Okay, so it is one of those make her feel what you felt moment.
Speaker 2: I told you mind game's not involved in dating at all.
Speaker 4: She might be upset too because of the guy. Is she upset because of the I mean I talked to the guy in the bathroom?
Speaker 1: Wait what her guy?
Speaker 2: Like her date?
Speaker 4: Yeah? I ran into the guy in the bathroom like the guy she was on the date with, and.
Speaker 1: That what happened? What did you say?
Speaker 4: I mean? I just told him the truth? You know, I told him, if you go on a nice date, she's going to ghost you. Probably he got ghosted. Why wouldn't I tell the guy of the truth. I didn't go in there to tell him. He just happened to be there.
Speaker 3: But he didn't ask you.
Speaker 1: I know you would have appreciated it if somebody did that.
Speaker 4: For you, more of a bro code kind of thing.
Speaker 2: It wasn't okay, you you warned this other guy that he was going to run into problems with Abby.
Speaker 4: If he's not problem, it's just ghosting.
Speaker 1: Well, it's not. It doesn't even matter because she's not interested in that guy. Like, honestly, I don't know. I don't know if she responded to him or not. But like she doesn't like that guy, she likes you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, does she really? Come on?
Speaker 1: She texted you and asked you to go out.
Speaker 2: I mean, the whole reason that she reached out to our show to call you was because there is genuine interest in what you two had going on.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I thought she was just upset because of what I told the guy. I didn't I thought she knew that.
Speaker 2: Well, it didn't sound like she was upset because she didn't bring that up to us. I don't even think she knows that happened.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't know. Yeah, I guess. I mean, he didn't say anything.
Speaker 2: Well, here's the thing, now, she does know about it, because the way this works is we have Abby quietly listening on the other line, waiting to talk to you.
Speaker 4: Hey, you're telling me, you're telling that's.
Speaker 1: That's Abby?
Speaker 4: Say Hi, Are you joking right now?
Speaker 2: No? No, I'm sorry, But why don't you talk to her? By the way, Yeah, that's all right.
Speaker 5: I'm actually wondering if you're the one that's joking. Are you being serious? So you talk to my date? Why would you tell him that I was going.
Speaker 4: To ghost him? Well, didn't you ghost in?
Speaker 5: I mean I haven't exactly.
Speaker 1: I mean you obviously told him that because that's what you did to him.
Speaker 5: Okay, but i mean, first of all, it's not of no Offensely, it's not that's not your business, and I'm genuinely I would do it because I'm interested in going out with you again.
Speaker 4: I have to ask, are you planning on seeing him again? I guess you're calling on the radio about me.
Speaker 5: No, I'm not going to see this other guy. And yeah, I reached out to the radio because look like I'm new to this and I liked you, and I get a lot of messages on the dating apps. And I'm not like saying that to like toot my own horn, but I'm realizing. I'm realizing that a good first date doesn't have always have to be like sparkled and magic and great, and I think it's a great building block. And so I was interested in you.
Speaker 4: I mean that's nice, But like, if you're ghosting him again, this is a pattern. No, if she sees him on a date with someone else, you'll text him again.
Speaker 1: She's only been in the dating world yet. I mean, I don't know if she's even been in it long enough to be a.
Speaker 4: P learn not to ghost eventually, Like, you know what, that's that's true. I guess you've seen sincere about it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay. I mean there's kind of an awkwardness happening between you two, Like is this what the conversation on your guys' date was like? Because now I can kind of understand what you were saying or some downs? Yeah, okay, yeah, I have an okay time.
Speaker 1: I mean, you can at least tell him that you're not ghosting him anymore, because this counsels out that ghost you texted him.
Speaker 2: And yeah, hey yeah, so go ahead.
Speaker 5: I mean, look like I'm realizing something. So here, I should write this other guy and just say thank you. I don't think it's a good fit.
Speaker 1: That's good look at that learning from mistakes?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I am genuine I'm being on it here.
Speaker 2: What do you think of that? Bro? Do you believe her?
Speaker 4: Luke? I believe her. I think my expectations are still going to be low. If that's okay with you should be Oh.
Speaker 2: What a romantic thing to say.
Speaker 1: That's so good. I would love low expectations.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I might expect absolutely nothing from you going forward.
Speaker 1: You can impress him with anything.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm gonna cry now that we've set the bar way way down. We would like to offer to send you to on another date, and we would pay for it. I'm gonna give the option to Luke first, since you're the person that we were calling.
Speaker 4: Buddy, I will say yes, but I have to say I expectations are low, and I expect you to ghost me after the second day.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, is it disappointing if she doesn't now, Hey, we can only go up from here.
Speaker 2: That's there. You go, Abby, you scored a date with Luke. This will be the only time a high five a date and it'll be a good thing. Yeah, it will be if you still want it, that is, are you still interested? Don't change your mind now or have you gone back to guy number two again?
Speaker 5: No? No, no, I'm interested in Luke. I want to go on another date.
Speaker 2: Right, same brewery for a third time in a row. You're going to run into the other guy.
Speaker 1: That bartender is gonna be like, what is happening?
Speaker 2: Looking Jeffrey in the morning. I gotta say I'm kind of proud of Abby on that one, because she had every right to be upset after learning Luke had talked to her date in the bathroom. She totally could have changed her mind, but no, she stuck to her guns and said, I don't care if Luke is bad mouthing me behind my back to the other guys that I'm dating. I committed to him early on and I am sticking with it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she really did.
Speaker 2: I hate to say he didn't bad mouth, because he kind of did, but he was just like, hey, she didn't call me back, just a warning, like is that yeah?
Speaker 1: But finally the truth, finally someone said, oh my god, you're right. I shouldn't have done that. She even said she's gonna tell the other guys she's not interested. Didn't No, guy, bathroom talk is like that each other's.
Speaker 2: Oh, our backs, We got each other's fronts. It gets crazy in there when together. Sometimes we're not actually talking, we're just having each other's backsh and it's a good time. All I'm asking, though, is blind loyalty too much to ask?
Speaker 1: Yes, you should be blindly loyal to anyone?
Speaker 2: Okay, good? So then I will not ask all of our loyal listeners to subscribe to our podcast. In fact, feel free to unsubscribe because we believe in choices.
Speaker 1: There's nothing about blind about their loyalty. They know exactly what they're in for.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, so click at your own risk. If you're not following us, check us out at Brook and Jeffrey