Speaker 1: Welcome to Reality with the King.
Speaker 2: It's me Carlos Kings, the King of Reality TV and one of the most sought after executive producers in reality television with over ten years a production experience.
Speaker 1: Twice a week on Reality with the King, we'll sit.
Speaker 2: Down with my friends across the entertainment industry, recap our favorite reality shows, and revisit unforgettable moments that we are still talking and tweeting about.
Speaker 1: Hey, rain drops.
Speaker 2: On today's episode of Reality with the King, we are going to dissect the reason why Garcel Bouvet left The Warehousewives of Beverly Hills.
Speaker 1: She quit, She quit the show. She did not get fired.
Speaker 2: All of my sources who are credible have confirmed that Garcel in fact did quit. Before we dive into it, I want to.
Speaker 1: Really talk about Garcel Bouvet.
Speaker 2: I decided to do this episode solo, okay, because I wanted y'all to hear it straight from the horse's mouth. So call me mister ed Honey. It's the Kentucky Derby, Okay. I am an equestrian like Teddy Mellencamp.
Speaker 1: And I here.
Speaker 2: All things circle back to Teddy. I'm here to give the real reason why she left. In my opinion, Hey Tama, judge, see what I did there. But before we get into that, I want to start this episode off bye making sure we do one thing, and that's give Garcel Bouvet her flowers. What we're not going to do is negate her contributions in Hollywood. She has had a long career, and I have said this on my platform many times right that in the black community, Garcell is an icon to us. We know who she is. She has starred the music videos, notably Luther Van Draws music video. She was fancy on the long running series A Jamie Fox Show. She is somebody who we all love in this community. And what we're gonna do is make sure that we give Garcel bove her props. In the words of Fatera Parks Okay Season four reunion, Garcel is pre Housewives. Housewives did not make Garsel. Garcila made Housewives of Belly Hills interesting when she got on, not that it wasn't interesting before she got on. But what we're not gonna do is pretend like when Garcel got on, she didn't stir the pot. And when I say stir the pot, I mean she added something into the gumbo that was that show. She was a forced multiplier. She was somebody who had an opinion. When Garcella was announced as a housewife, we all were like gagging. And when I say we all, I'll speak for my community, the black community. We all gaged because it was like, oh my god, somebody of Garceabluby's stature is joining a reality show.
Speaker 1: It was a big deal. It really was a big deal for us.
Speaker 2: Okay, And when she got on the show, I loved everything about her. She's first of all, she's beautiful, she's funny. Her friendship with Denise rich Church and Lis Sarranda were so organic, and she had an opinion and she wasn't afraid of stating it.
Speaker 1: That's why she immediately.
Speaker 2: Became the fan favorite, because she was a breath of fresh air, a breath of fresh air that I even felt like Beverly Hills needed at that time. On the show, what We're not Gonna do is at like Beverly Hills has been that girl for fourteen consecutive seasons. Okay, they had this housewife called Joyce Honey that we Joyce's gorgeous. Joyce was not that girl. A lot of the girls that came on were not that girl. Garcel came on and brought something to the show. We're not going to negate that, whether you like her or not, you're not going to negate that. She made her season on the show very interesting, and that's why she immediately became the fan favorite.
Speaker 1: She was a breath of fresh air.
Speaker 2: Okay, what happens oftentimes when it comes to anyone who joins a reality show, and I'm going to say something that Garcell has said, and this podcast Reality for the King, we go deeper in terms of the psychology of these stars and what someone like me who's been producing reality TV Honey for two since two thousand and eight, I'm gonna give y'all what I know to be.
Speaker 1: A fucking fact. Okay, Garcel was.
Speaker 2: The fan favorite when she got on the show her first season, and like anybody right, Garcel even said to a publication during an interview, she called herself a fan favorite.
Speaker 1: And I remember when she did that. I stopped in my tracks and I.
Speaker 2: Said, baby, whatever you do, do not drink the kool aid that is social media, because how would you know you're the fan favorite if you aren't on social media? Reading the comments. Do you know what I'm saying? Like, there's no scoreboard on ESPN.
Speaker 1: With Stephen A. Smith where they're tracking your stats.
Speaker 2: There's no stats on the Bravo board of the Real Housewives.
Speaker 1: So when you make a.
Speaker 2: Statement of that magnitude that you're the fan favorite, the reason why it stopped me in my tracks is because I'm like, ooh, Garcel, whatever.
Speaker 1: You do, do not believe.
Speaker 2: The hype, because when it comes to the audience, they can love you one season and hate you the next. And one thing Tama Judge has said, You're only as good as your last episode. You're only as good as your last episode. Okay, reality TV audiences are fickle because they base their attraction. Let's have a real conversation, rain Drops, we.
Speaker 1: Do it too.
Speaker 2: I am a fan and a viewer of reality television before I became the producer. When we watch reality stars, we watch you based on.
Speaker 1: Huh do I like you or not? We don't know you in real life.
Speaker 2: We're only basing things off of what we see on the show, which is why we can love you one day and hate you the next episode. I am the biggest Kyle Ritriss fan that you would ever meet in life. This season, Kyle, my girl was looking good. I'm not gonna lose my credibility and not call things out that I see on the show. On the show, Kyle was wrong for texting PK without texting Dery. It doesn't mean I hate Kyle. It just means Kyle bib don't look too good.
Speaker 1: Sis.
Speaker 2: But I will always ride for Kyle. She's my girl. Let me ride Exhibit MTV show. That's all I'm saying featuring Doctor Drane Snoop the Chronic album, Just saying, AnyWho, I digress. So I was worried about gar Sub because I'm like, baby, you come from Hollywood. This is different, baby, Reality TV is different. You're not the fan favorite in Hollywood because you're on a TV show or movie. There's no fan favorites of TV sitcoms.
Speaker 1: And when it comes to.
Speaker 2: So, Garseil ventured into a new genre of entertainment, and in my opinion, somebody or her team should have said, oh, baby, girl, don't you ever say that again. This is reality television. They love you one day, hate you the next. And I do believe that Garcel drank the kool aid and I love her.
Speaker 1: I love Garcel, but I gotta keep it honest here.
Speaker 2: She drank it, okay, added some Domino sugar in it, you know what I'm saying, A lemon slices of lemon.
Speaker 1: She drank the kool aid.
Speaker 2: Okay, but she's not the first to do it, and she would not be the last.
Speaker 1: A lot of these girls drink the kool aid. Okay.
Speaker 2: What happened to Garsel in terms of her quitting the show conveniently before the trailer of the Real house Voss of Beverly Hills was released, everything is done in a very methodical way. It's all strategic, okay. Because I said back and was like, why did she announced she was quitting hours before the finale episode?
Speaker 1: Huh?
Speaker 2: And then I'm like, oh, two things right. Number One, we all know that the real housewife status on the show is contension upon the completion of the reunion episode's airing, not taping airing, and what Garsell, in my opinion, allegedly did not want it to be seen is that she got fired, which is why she made sure to say it before the reunion Okay, So that's number one. Number two, it was also strategic in my opinion to say it I'm quitting before the trailer because she knew that she had a moment, she walked off. I don't think she pulled to me to be lyon and left the premises. But she also said these women aren't my friends, so she had to get in front of the story a I do not want people to think I got fired.
Speaker 1: Let's say it before the finale number two.
Speaker 2: The trailer is going to be released, and I need to make sure that I announced my departure before they see the trailer and they see how uncomfortable she looked at the reunion. Garcel presidence of her housewives has definitely elevated her career, and she has said that herself. Garcel has said that she's been famous her whole life, being a model in her teens, and when she became a real housewife, she said this this is a different type of fame because Garcel was now seen in a man stream household. The Jamie Fox show Okay was considered a black sitcom. I believe it was on the WB or UPN, one of those two networks.
Speaker 1: Back in the day.
Speaker 2: Those networks were not seen largely by white audiences. So it's safe to say that Garcel obviously had a large African American audience, and that's why a lot of the people who discover her and Housewives tried to erase her legacy. And what Carlos King ain't about to do is allow anybody to erase this woman's legacy because she was pre Housewives. She may not have been Phoebe on Friends Child, but Baby, she was fancy on Jamie Fox show Honey We Lived. Let's be clear, we love Garcel Buvet. Housewives has been great for Garsel and vice versa. She has used a platform to elevate her career, which is why you join reality television in the first place. Lifetime movie deals on a Netflix series, I'm a series regular. She has done commercials like Garsel is that Girl, and she has deserved every single accolade. And we are proud of Garcel. What happened to Garsel this season? This was her toughest season, and it makes me a little bit sad because I don't like when people have great seasons and they stay on the show.
Speaker 1: But the moment you have one bad season.
Speaker 2: And when I say one bad season, I mean in terms of the audience. I was shocked that the audience on Twitter and social media turned on Garsel. I was shocked. I didn't see it coming. And if Carlos King didn't did not see that comment, bitch, Garcel did not either. Garcel had a very tough season, not only on the show, but in terms of people like Garsel, we see you for who you are.
Speaker 1: Now. This is what they said, honey.
Speaker 2: People were calling Garcel out for the way she treated Duritt, for her intimating that the robbery was stage for her.
Speaker 1: Really, these are what people were saying.
Speaker 2: They felt like Garsel was doing too much to derete this season, Like.
Speaker 1: Okay, girl, give it up, give it up delicious. Do you know what I'm saying?
Speaker 2: Shut out to New York Tiffany Pollard, give it up delicious. And if you believe the hype, you also have to believe the shade.
Speaker 1: It goes hand in hand. Baby.
Speaker 2: Garcel, in my opinion, did not like the fact that the audience turned on her, and it did not feel good.
Speaker 1: It did not feel good. Her friendship with Sudden was not.
Speaker 2: What we was not orchestrating the way that it was past seasons, y'all. And by y'all, I mean some of the people on Twitter have read Carlos King for filth y'all had DM garcel and Sutton and said Carlos King says y'all friendship is fake and that y'all have an alliance. It was so bad I ran into Garsela and Sutton and had to say to them, don't let these fans on social media hype things up.
Speaker 1: I love the two of y'all. I have an opinion.
Speaker 2: I'm not disrespecting y'all as people, as mothers. I'm talking about y'all friendship on the show. I think it's an alliance. Do I think y'all like each other?
Speaker 1: Sure?
Speaker 2: Y'all like each other the way I like the cashier at the gas station who gives me a back of quarters to pump air into my tire.
Speaker 1: I like him. We have an alliance.
Speaker 2: When I walk in I need something and he gives me what I need, and in exchange, I give him the money. It's called an alliance. It doesn't mean that when I go home, Honey and something happens to me, I'm calling you. I'm not calling the cashier at the gas station. I'm calling my real friend. I've been friends with since I was fourteen years old. So when I'm watching guard soullon Sutton. I'm like, who thinks this friendship is based on love and happiness?
Speaker 1: It's not.
Speaker 2: It's based on a convenience. We are two new women on this show. That is Kyle Richards show. Everybody has said, look, this is Kyle's show. Camille Grammer has said it, Carlos King has said it, Brandy Glanville has said it. That show belongs to Kyle Richards. Sutton wanted to be Kyle's friend and this season displayed that, which is why garcell called her ass out on it, not only on the show, bitch, but on the after show.
Speaker 1: I'll watched that two child. Oh my gosh, you want to You're so far up Kyle's ass, you don't you know? Yeah.
Speaker 2: So, not only was she like, my alliance is broken because really wants to be Kyle's friend. Let's have a real conversation, Garsella did not like the fact that she could not stand the fact that she had to watch Sutton kiss up to Kyle. And not only that, to add insult to the injury, Jennifer Tilly comes on the show with her Simpsons money Okay, money bag Tilly comes on the show and then you look at Garsel and you're like, well, damn Something and Jennifer Tilly they like each other, and I believe the friendship because Something wants to be around women whose income is not capped at three hundred and fifty thousand dollars a month. Let's have a real conversation, rain Drops, what are we doing? And we're gonna keep here just being like, oh, well, you know.
Speaker 1: No, let's be real, child.
Speaker 2: We are just getting started. This is reality with the King, and I'm Carlos King. Let's get back into the show. Just because we have an opinion about somebody doesn't mean you dislike them. And we'll get into how you guys are trying to pit Bows and Garsel against each other, which is disgusting. By the way, it's disgusting. We'll get to that in a second. Garcel had to watch her friend and Air quotes Sutton not only befriend Jennifer Tilly, y'all go to Augusta, Georgia and her mother, Reba reads her for filth and as I am team Garcela all day long. I love Garcel, but I always call things out like I see it, like I do with Kyle I'm telling y'all right now.
Speaker 1: If Garcel does not call out.
Speaker 2: Rebus microaggressions the way she did the read Houston, we have a problem. I hope and pray that Garcel did not allow her alliance to color her memory or have the blinders on when it comes to Reba. If Dereet is micro aggressions, Riba is macro aggressions, baby, And if that's not called out, that's not going to be good for Garcel because it's going to show once again there's an alliance. All of these girls thought that Dereet was not the fan favorite. Let's keep it a buck, and that's why they came for her at the top of the season, and they had to watch Twitter and say, well, damn, we did not call this. We had no idea that Dereet would be the fan favorite this season. That's why Sutton and Garcel are now having issues because there is no friends circle in the human in the humanity of friendships, no real friends say this to each other, Hey, you didn't have my back.
Speaker 1: Why didn't you stand up for me? Why didn't you back me up?
Speaker 2: This isn't a juvenile record back that ass up like juvenile two thousand's like back up? What friends talk like this. I've had friends since I was eleven years old. When we go to the drag brunch, we don't say, well, damn, bitch, you didn't have my back when this drag queen was dancing to Lady Gaga instead of Christina Aguilera. No friends talk like that, Hey, you didn't defend me.
Speaker 1: Uh huh. We all have our own thought.
Speaker 2: When you guys watched reality TV, anytime you see a friend say well, you didn't have my back, you didn't back me up, you did not defend me.
Speaker 1: That's called an alliance.
Speaker 2: So when Garcelles said on the region trailer, these aren't my real friends, will bet you by golly wow. Because when Carlos King said that shit three years ago, so I got read for filth, you're.
Speaker 1: Such a hater, Oh my god.
Speaker 2: But when Garcel says that, oh my gosh, Garcel, yeah, they're not your friends. I told you girl, so na't your real friend. But once again, Carlos King does not believe the hype. I call things like I see it, and one thing about me. You guys may get things late, and when I say late, you'll catch on to that shit. Late, Garcela and Sutton will not be friends after this season. You would not see them take trips to Augusta you were barey seal and take trips to Alaska you were barey steal, and take trips on.
Speaker 1: Sutton's main road that she lives on.
Speaker 2: Heydari, garcel and someon would not be friends in three years And I've called that shit out three years ago. Once again, Carlos Cleo King has been right, because I don't look on Twitter to gain an opinion like the masses do. Garcilla is leaving the show because she definitely has a resurrection in her career that is well deserved. She's directing, she's acting, and she deserves all the blessing that God has given her. She doesn't want to do the show anymore because the alliance has been broken. She doesn't want to do the show anymore because she no longer is the fan favorite.
Speaker 1: That is Bowse and Dereed.
Speaker 2: Y'all, I love Sutton this season, and y'all mad at me for loving son. Oh my gosh, what she said about the wallet is so goach. It's so gross. Who talks like that? Rich women and Beverly Hills talk like that when Linda Thompson, who was married to Bruce Jenner and David Foster, was it David Foster, I think she was watch season I want to say season five of Beverly Hills Housewives, Linda Thompson made a comment about something being so middle class, and I remember watching it like, bitch, what this This is how people talk in the nine to two one oh shit? But I don't take things like that, like listen, I watched TV to b entertained, like so when Linda Thompson said something about being so middle class, Okay, so when y'all watch it, it's the it's the same episode where fay Resnik told Brendy Lambville, no matter how many chan nails you borrow, you would have to.
Speaker 1: Be a lady.
Speaker 2: So rain drops homework assignment. Watched that episode. Linda Thompson says something is so middle class. That's how they talk. So I love that something was herself, But again was something said without popular and that's why people don't like her this season. So when it comes to Garcelle Bouvet, that's why she's leaving the show. To me, it has nothing to do with everything she said. Yes, she is definitely a great mother and you will not take that away from her. Garcellbu Base is an excellent mom to two great kids, and Garcia definitely has had many opportunities come her way. The problem that I have is when you have a tough season, you quit and and that's that's not I just don't think that's fair, which brings me to Kenya Moore love her or hate her. Kenya Moore of all the housewives across all franchises, has had very tough seasons and never once did the icon the legend the forever more meant yes, Kenya, not the moment honey, the more mint m o r e ment Kenya is. The more meant let's have a real conversation. Kenya got dragged literally okay, and still showed up.
Speaker 1: To resume the reunion.
Speaker 2: Kenya has had bad seasons and still showed up.
Speaker 1: I didn't like it.
Speaker 2: At least a Vanda Pump quit the show and then not show to the reunion. I love Garsella, but I don't like it because you have a bad season. And the reason why I'm saying this is because I watched the trailer. There's a new trailer that came out recently where Garcilla says, well, I'm the bad guy. Is that the end of the world that you're the bad guy in one season? Garsell, you're very opinionated, and that's great, that's fantastic. You had an opinion since you got on the show. But let's have a real conversation. When a reality star is the fan favorite, you leave room for your other cast mats to say, Okay, okay, we see we're coming for you, like, oh, we're coming for you. We're coming for you, We're coming for you, we are coming for you. Erica has said, I don't find you that interesting. These girls are coming for Garcel because they're tired of Garsel being a confessional gangsta. And what a confession of gangster is when you use your confessionals to let's talk talk cash money shit, and you oftentimes don't have that same energy in their faces. That's that's how the I promise you, that's how the girls are feeling. They're say, Okay, Garcil, girl, let's go. That's why Erica Jane ain't tripping, Erica Jane said on watching What Happens Live. When Garcel listen Erica through the first shade right when she said garcel must have peaked because the Johnny Depps and the will Smiths and the Eddie Murphy's of the world Garceils dated she don't see them today. And then Garcels shaded Erica by saying, well, at least I'm married for love and not money. Okay, yes, we love that. Then Erica said, bitch, I got one better for you. We both marry ugly white men. I believe she said we both married old, ugly white men. So girl, stop, you know what I'm saying. But to be that's fun shade. I think that's fun shade. I am disappointed that Garcela left. Kenya Moore never left, never left, and no housewife has ever had it worse than Kenya Moore, Teresa Judie never left, stood there ten toes down and said, let's go. That is what makes a great reality start, not someone who is the fan favorite for five seasons and they have one bad season and it's like, well, I gotta go, bitch times calling me honey, I guts to go. I love Garcilla on the show, and I wanted to see more of her, and I also wanted to see the possibilities of her and bolts having a friendship if they like each other. What I've disappointed in is the audience trying to pit Bulls and Garcilla against each other. All black people do not have to agree on the same topic in every fucking situation. It's okay for a black person to disagree or have a difference of opinion with another black person.
Speaker 1: That's okay.
Speaker 2: It's a difference between eviscerating a black person when you're a black person, that's disgusting to like go out of your way to inviscerate them. But if I feel like, well, I think Dere's cool, Well, I don't think Dure's great.
Speaker 1: All right, girl, I think you tried it. Well, I think you tried it. That's okay to to to try to.
Speaker 2: Say, well, bowls you should be having guarcils back or garcidl, Well, you should be having bows back, unless it's a topic about the happenings of the black community.
Speaker 1: I don't think.
Speaker 2: Bolls in Garceell should have each other's back just because they're both black women. These are two strong Black women with different walks of life and views and opinions, and it's okay for them to not.
Speaker 1: Agree on every single thing.
Speaker 2: Y'all are pitting these women against each other, and I don't like it one thing about black people in the majority of white spaces.
Speaker 1: And I'll speak from experience.
Speaker 2: I have ninety five percent of my career been the only black person in the room. And one thing that anybody who knows we can say is when a black person would enter, I'll say, come here, we're best friends, and we're gonna talk, and I'm gonna get to know you and I'm gonna help you. And it doesn't mean mean this person are going to agree on every fucking thing in the world.
Speaker 1: Who wants to live a life that way.
Speaker 2: But I'm also not going to go out of my way to diminish you, disrespect you.
Speaker 1: I'm going to uplift you.
Speaker 2: Is the reason why one of my good friends is Justin Selvester Okay, he is one of my good friends who I love.
Speaker 1: I met him at the gym.
Speaker 2: We have the same trainer, and we were introduced and I said, first of all, Justin, I'm a fan of yours. I think you're the greatest thing on e and we're going to be best friends.
Speaker 1: Thank you. That was it.
Speaker 2: I saw a gay black man who looked like me, and I said, come here, I love you and he said, no, bitch, I love you.
Speaker 1: You're Carlos King. I said, bitch, you're Justin Sylvester. Hey, he's one of my good friends.
Speaker 2: I do that all the time every time I meet a black person, when we're in predominantly white spaces, I go out of my way to be like, come here, we're going to have a conversation and get to know each other and give each other spaces to relate.
Speaker 1: Give each other. Also the t like, look, girl, if you want to get this, do that. Look boy.
Speaker 2: Do That's what I do to all my friends in this industry. Me and Carrama Brown, our good friends, Me and Scott Evans are great, Like, I love all these people because we all know what it's like to be the only and one thing me and my tribe that we do. We help each other, but it doesn't mean that we all agree on a topic. It's okay to disagree on something. Me and Justin Sylvester disagree on several things, and we keep it pushing because we're individuals. But the moment something happens within our community, me and Justin be like, okay, bitch, what be doing you know what I'm saying, That's what we do. And I wanted to see Garcel and Bowls have that level of friendship. So I'm also sad that Garcel isn't coming back to the show because I just wanted to see the possibilities of the power dynamics between her and Bows, because they are both beautiful, strong, amazing women who are very different but can compliment each other in a very interaction. And I am sad that we're not going to get that anymore, or get that in general. And even if Bows and Garsel disagreed after reunion, it's a fucking reunion. You're supposed to disagree. Oh sorry, I have to vent for a second, but I'm back. Nonetheless, I am going to miss garsela on the show. I thought she brought value to it. I thought she brought opinions to it, beauty to it, and just relevance in terms of her very different view on this world. And what's going to be interesting is to see how Sutton fares without Garcel, mark my words, her rain drops. Come next season, Sutton and Kyle are going to be besties. And you heard it here first, because with Garsel out of the web. It is now time for Sudden to play cash that.
Speaker 1: Thank you for listening to Reality with the King.
Speaker 2: New episodes drop on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Share, comment, follow, and subscribe to Reality with the King.
Speaker 1: Wherever you get your podcast.
Speaker 2: Visit Reality Withtheking dot com and be sure to follow me at the Carlos King Underscore on Instagram, Twitter, TikTok and Yes Baby, my YouTube channel where you can get all of my visuals, Baby, my expressions, Yes, and don't forget. Tweet me your thoughts and hot takes about this episode using the hashtag Reality with the King. Reality with the King is a production of Kingdom Reign Entertainment, an executive produced by me Carlos King, Kingdom Ring Entertainment, Baby