Speaker 1: An illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from Al Salvador accused of murdering a Texas man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J.
Speaker 2: Trump's leadership.
Speaker 1: I'm Christy nom the United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you are here illegally, your next you will be fined nearly one thousand dollars a day, imprisoned, and deported.
Speaker 2: You will never return.
Speaker 1: But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now, you could be allowed to return legally.
Speaker 2: Do what's right. Leave now.
Speaker 1: Under President Trump, America's laws, border and families will be protected.
Speaker 3: Sponsored by the United States Department of Homeland Security is.
Speaker 4: A sixty forty portfolio dead going forward. So hey, let's just give some insight for what sixty portfolio sixty forty portfolio is that historically has been deemed as a pretty safe way to invest moderate portfolio which consists of sixty percent in equities which is stocks, and forty percent in bonds. So if you have one hundred thousand dollars, sixty thousand dollars will be in stock portfolio, forty thousand dollars will be in a bond portfolio. And it was now has been for a long period of time thought to be, you know, a moderate way to grow wealth over the course of time, not being too aggressive and not being too conservative either, kind of playing middle of the road. That is something that a lot of fall one ks have. If you look at like a moderate portfolio inside of a fall one K, it's usually probably a sixty to forty makeup as opposed to an aggressive portfolio, which is probably an eighty twenty makeup, or a conservative portfolio, which is probably a twenty eighty makeup. Right, So that's just some information if you're just wondering what that means. And I'm sure a lot of people have looked at their four one ks or five twenty nine plans or they've seen different modules where it's aggressive, moderately aggressive, moderate, modely conservative, and then conservative. Right, So now you have some kind of level of background understanding of what that means. So what are your thoughts on a sixty forty portfolio? Ian?
Speaker 5: I wouldn't say that as there, but I think one thing that we have to focus on. Please write this down. The price in which you buy the asset is more important than ever. So things that historically have worked incredibly well, like if you look at the boy market, you go to TOT that's a ticker. Like once we got to maybe one thirty two fifty seven. If I was a new client of that portfolio, that would be a time to stop buying bonds. Like the bonds of course shot up like crazy during twenty twenty fell apart. Of course we didn't expect to draw down. But that's why I always say, look at the historical numbers. If you go back to two thousand and four, the low is at eighty dollars and fifty one cent. It's currently at one of four to twenty six. I don't know if we'll go back that low, but once we almost have hit ninety percent eighty percent value in any asset, you can't buy it there. What COVID has proven the recession that we're in now that they want to announce. Is that discipline to write price, price action and technicals matter more than ever. Historically, of course, people thought like a sixty to forty portfolio would never lose, and then whenever you invest in something, all hell seems to break loose. You have to be mindful and watch for the prices in what you get in. And that's why I'm very particular about the prices I want to buy things, because has anyone ever bought a stock and everyone someone told you that it was amazing and then you bought it close to highs and then it fell thirty The price in which you acquire these assets are still important regardless. So whether it's the end that's fund bond, Apple, Microsoft, any equity, you have to buy it at the right price. So it's not there. But when we get into these it's really important.
Speaker 6: I guess, I mean, I guess. I'll ask you guys.
Speaker 7: And that's one of the things we used to talk about, is like being aggressive when you're young and obviously moreking service as you get older. So do you think does the ages of them inside of that sixty forty rule, right, Like, is that something that the thirty year old I guess the millennials should be looking at and saying, all right, this is a golden rule, this is a safe play at this age.
Speaker 6: Or should it be more aggressive?
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, first five thousand people on YouTube hit the like button. Extreme, that's extremely important to hit the to hit the like button. Let's let's start. Let's start there before we go any further. Let's you start there, hit the like button and share. Now. As far as age, of course, the rule of thumb is that you should be more aggressive when you're when you're younger, and more conservative when you get older. That's because you're going to have more time to make up. So like if you if you're invested in the stock market, now, obviously it was a bad year last year, and let's say your portfolio went down forty percent. Right, it's bad, but it's not the end of the world. If you're twenty five, you're thirty years old, you know it's not the end of the world. Right, You still got a long time to actually work and produce income. You still got a long time before you get to the retirement age. So you never want to lose money. But it's not like you're in a if you're seventy five now, the average life expectancy is what eighty two years old, right, So now you've got seven years to live. So if you lose half of your money at seventy five, now that's a crisis. Right now, you might have to go back to work and working at Walmart. So of course you should always be you should. You should each decade, right, you should reevaluate your portfolio and probably become a little bit more conservative. But another thing is that people are living a lot longer these days as well, So it's like traditionally it's like, okay, as soon as you retire, just become extremely conservative. But let's say you retire at sixty, you might live to eighty five. Now you've got another twenty five almost thirty years of life left, right, So you still have to have some i think stocks in your portfolio because you still want to beat inflation. So you just can't afford just to just ride it out. Because now with inflation and then when you're taking money from your account, the worst thing that you can do in a retirement account is outlive your money.
Speaker 6: Like you don't.
Speaker 4: You don't want to have to be in a situation where you have no more money left, right, Like you want your money to out You want your money. Write this down. You want your money to outlive you. You never want to outlive your money. That's the worst thing that could happen. If you saved your whole entire life and now you're eighty years old and you have twenty thousand left. Now, now you're in a tough spot. So the only way to really have that is to you have to figure out how much money you can afford to take out every year. Most people think it's around four to five percent of your actual portfolio. But you also have to be invested intelligently. And I think that that has to have some level of stocks. And now it doesn't have to be aggressive stocks, right, you just want to be talking about index fund is different things. You don't have to put all your money in Tesla, but you have to have some level of equity exposure. And we're talking about equities, that's another name for stocks. You have to have some level of stock exposure because your account still has to go up over the course of time.
Speaker 5: Also to it in a bond market. When a bond market is negative, it is usually a sign of a recession. If you look at two thousand and seven. The top of the market is ninety five dollars and twelve centfl to eighty one dollars and forty two cent two thousand and seven. Lights of the Crash. I'm looking at the ticker tot if your new to bonds, a price that I like is eighty eight dollars and eighty two cent for that particular asset, That would be a price I.
Speaker 6: Will listen to.
Speaker 7: This episode is brought to you by P and C Bank. A lot of people think podcasts about work are boring, and sure, they definitely can be, But understanding a professionals routine shows us how they achieve their success little by little, day after day.
Speaker 6: It's like banking with P and C Bank.
Speaker 7: It might seem boring to save, plan and make calculated decisions with your bank, but keeping your money boring is what helps you live or more happily fulfilled life. P and C Bank Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five. Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five is a service mark of the PNC Financial Service Group, Inc. P and C Bank National Association Member FDIC.
Speaker 6: Earners. What's Up?
Speaker 7: You ever walk into a small business and everything just works like. The checkout is fast, the receipts are digital, tipping is a breeze, and you're out the door before the line even builds odds are they're using Square. We love supporting businesses that run on Square because it just feels seamless. Whether it's a local coffee shop, a vendor at a pop up market, or even one of our merch partners, Square makes it easy for them to take payments, manage inventory, and run their business with confidence, all from one simple system. If you're a business owner or even just thinking about launching something soon, Square is hands down one of the best tools out there to help you start, run and grow. It's not just about payments, it's about giving you time back so you can focus on.
Speaker 6: What matters most ready.
Speaker 7: To see how Square can transform your business, visit Square dot com backslash, go backslash eyl to learn more that Square dot com backslash, go backslash eyl. Don't wait, don't hesitate. Let's Square handle the back end so you can keep pushing your vision forward.
Speaker 1: An illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from Al Salvador accused of murdering a Texas man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J.
Speaker 2: Trump's leadership. I'm Christy Noman, the.
Speaker 1: United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens.
Speaker 2: Have been arrested.
Speaker 1: If you are here illegally, your next you will be fined nearly one thousand dollars, imprisoned, and deported.
Speaker 2: You will never return.
Speaker 1: But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now, you could be allowed to return legally.
Speaker 2: Do what's right. Leave now.
Speaker 1: Under President Trump, America's laws, border and families will be protected.
Speaker 3: Sponsored by the United States Department of Homeland Security.
Speaker 5: To add it to my portfolio, and I'm going to truss it again. The price, so whether it's real estate, cars, multifamily businesses, the prices in which you choose to pay for the asset does have a tremendous effect because like if you got into bonds in twenty nineteen, let's say the top at one forty three, went to one seventy nine the next year, but it fell back to one oh four. So if your equities, your stocks are down, a your bond portfolios down, it's trouble. Only trust your own judgment. And I hope that I've given you guys enough resources to be able to do this assessment on your own. But most traditional portfolios don't work at scale for most people. Please be my dful. Only you are going to care about your money intently. And I've said this in twenty twenty twenty twenty one, when the market was falling apart that your advisor called you, for ninety five percent of people to answer was no, I.
Speaker 7: Think this gives context, right, So like that explanation shot just gave me what you just said. It gives context because you can tell people to invest early and invest often, But if there's no context around it, it doesn't you don't really grasp it. And like when you explain it in that term, like yo, you can be aggressive because like if you do this right in the ten year span, Let's say you start at twenty one and there are some off years like you might have had last year, but let's say in the next seven years, the appreciation that you've been on your portfolio grows by like fifty sixty percent, and you have average seven percent up into your fifties. You're pretty well off, right, So like invest early, invest often, And this is the reason why as you go get a little bit older, like you said, re evaluate every decade and say, all right, well now I can get a little bit more conservative. Right, We've had these these great gains, Let's get a little bit more conservative because we're getting older.
Speaker 5: Two Tech two index, no stress. Would you'd rather have Lebron James or Jeremy Lynn. Jeremy Lynn went crazy for that one thirty five game stretch that like, whenever a company is producing returns like forty fifty percent, the drawdown is usually equal. I would rather have a company that gives me fifteen to twenty percent. Slow and steady. I know it's boring, but it's safe. Even if you look at Apple, Apple hired less in twenty twenty. Then Google Meta a lot of detective competitors and as a result they have to lay off less people like I want slow and steady that will win the race. And we saw last night in the game with mahomes like the second half that came out, they adjusted and they just slowly chipped away at the Eagles defense. Damn I was wrong. I mean I was right on the differential one to score. But you just have to slowly chip away at these victories and then put in more shares. So like you want to ultimately get to a place one hundred shares than a thousand and ten thousand is a ultimate goal that you want to have a freedom, but slow and study will always win the race.
Speaker 6: And shout out to Jeremy Lynn.
Speaker 4: I know we said, like Jermy Lynch's actually a legend.
Speaker 6: I mean because we just sat down with an entrepreneur.
Speaker 4: He's elected.
Speaker 6: Business was spawned because of Jeremy lyn.
Speaker 4: What Jeremy Lynn did, I'd never in life ever saw anything like this in history, and you couldn't have expected it. He was on Time magazine cover.
Speaker 3: Yes, I mean he was playing for his life.
Speaker 5: That's the other part too, like when you watch the doc and he's about to get waived, so to come out and perform, like it's a great lesson of like will you show up and perform?
Speaker 6: If he was in New York City, you understand what doing sanity man? That was a real thing. Shout out to him.
Speaker 4: Yeah, shout out to Lynn Sanity. Somebody said, what do you think about fixed index annuities?
Speaker 5: It depends on your age, how much capital you have in it, and the rate of return you're looking for. So if you're looking at it for safety, sure, absolutely, Like if you're older, absolutely, And of course, like once you get past like forty or at fifty, you're looking for safe investments anyway, because imagine like if between twenty your portfolio is bleeding down thirty forty percent, and I know some people that happened to in O eight, like they drew down or their portfolio dropped thirty percent as they were going into retirement. You want safety as you're beginning to like exit and going to retirement. You don't want all of your capital being destroyed. But because of the economic calamity, so please please please be mindful another once again, the most important indicator in the market is quantitative easy. So whenever the Fed begins to tell you we're going to raise rates or recession is going to come, that's when you need to start to mark off how much capital you're going to need into retirement. There's always signals when a recession is going to come. I always say, if you turn on CNBC and everyone looks frightening, it's really bad. Everyone right now looks terrified. Shout out to Frank. Frank's the only one. Put a smile on the space. Everyone else looks terrified. Protect yourself at all costs, And I hope I've been able to help you guys somewhat.
Speaker 3: I navigate this crazy market.
Speaker 5: If I made your money, please put yes.
Speaker 3: And check.
Speaker 4: Yes. So a few things here one before we leave this talking point, because this is important people to understand as well. When I was advisor, I really fully understood this that when you take money out, you never want to withdraw from a stock account in a down year because then you magnify your losses, you double your losses. So it's like, if you can. This is why it's important to have multiple streams of income, but also multiple investment accounts. Some investment accounts are fixed, some investment accounts are variable, which means is going to vary depending on the market. But the worst thing that you can do is take money from a stock account when the account is down, because like one hundred dollars, right, if one hundred dollars goes to that's a fifty percent loss. But for fifty dollars to get back to one hundred, it has to have one hundred percent increase. This now, this is where math is actually important. So understanding understanding the math on that you know that defense is better than offense. Right, defense is better than offense. So if you're if you go from one hundred to seventy five, well that's bad. But then if you take twenty five dollars out, now you're compounding your loss even more. So now you gotta instead of the seventy five going back to one hundred, now you got to go from fifty to one hundred. So you're making it extremely harder on your on your portfolio when you take money out during a down market. This is extremely important to keep in mind, especially for people that are in retirement. But if you don't have any other options to take money from, you, you have no choice but to take it from your retirement account when it's down. So that's important to keep a mind.
Speaker 7: And we saw that in real life right with people invested in Tesla. Last year it was at three sixty, it dropped down to one twelve. Yeah, it got up to one hundred percent, but you're not. You haven't recovered from the losses that you had from the decline. And so this is this is this is why you gotta Ian said when you buy is vitally important, and so it's good to understand that and again give contacts right that the percentages on the way up are great, but the ones on the way down you have to account for.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you do.
Speaker 4: My graduates from my school being forced back drop b drop Mike drop back drop drop.
Speaker 1: An illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from l Salvador accused of murdering a Texas man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J. Trump's leadership. I'm Christy Noman, the United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you are here illegally, your next you will be fined nearly one thousand dollars a day.
Speaker 2: Imprisoned and deported, you will never return. But if you.
Speaker 1: Register using our CBP home app and leave now, you could be allowed to return legally.
Speaker 2: Do what's right. Leave now.
Speaker 1: Under President Trump America's laws, border and families will be protected.
Speaker 3: Sponsored by the United States Department of Homeland Security,