Speaker 1: Cutbooms.
Speaker 2: If you thought four hours a day, twelve hundred minutes a week was enough, think again. He's the last remnants of the old Republic, a soul fashion of fairness. He treats crackheads in the ghetto gutter the same as the rich pill poppers in the penthouse. Wow to the Clearinghouse of hot takes, break free for something special. The Fifth Hour with Ben Maller starts right now.
Speaker 1: In the air everywhere. The Fifth Hour we meet Ben Maller and Danny g Radio, who joins us for the mailbag in a happy Sunday Sunday. It's not just Sunday, though, it's more for some people. I say, well, that's the second day of March and all that. No, no, no, this is a bigger deal because tonight in to Monday, and really for overnight purposes, it's Monday, but it is on the twenty twenty five Any Awards, the greatest night in Overnight Sports Talk Radio. Wow. There is still time to vote. Vote early, Do not vote off, and vote early, and we will name the winners of the Bennies tonight. How you're excited, Danny, You'll stay up all night right unless you won't.
Speaker 3: You know what, I am a two time Benny recipient.
Speaker 1: Congratulations, and once you win to Benny, it's always right there on your resume. Wherever you end up, you always make sure to put that, usually at the bottom, but it's still on the resume.
Speaker 3: I'm not sure which fun fact to put in my professional bio, whether or not I've won two Benny's, or maybe I should put the two time Book Them championship in there instead.
Speaker 1: Well, it's one of the great fantasy football events of the year, and there are rumors there's some rumblings, Danny in the building that the NFL Bookham may be returning now that President Trump is back in the White House, that we may look them back. Baby.
Speaker 3: So this is like how John Grew was reinstated into the Bucks.
Speaker 1: Yes, he was kicked out because the politics said you got to kick him out. But now come on back, John. Are they gonna have a ceremony for him again because they well they didn't have a ceremony to kick him out, but yes, very similar to that. Well, we have the mail bag, Danny, So rather than must futs around and all that, let's hit that button right there in Ohio, A will serenade us into the mail bag. It's this bag, all right, thank you, ohio al And here it is. These are actual questions from actual listeners to the show. You don't have to participate, but if you want to send a message in care of Real fifth Hour at gmail dot com. That's Real fifth Hour at gmail dot com. First one this week Danny from Kevin in Kansas. He says he's visiting Phoenix right now. He wrote in He says, Dear Ben and Danny, g. I'm visiting the Phoenix area this weekend. We went past the site of the new BUCkies. Yes, this will be the closest BUCkies to LA and I am planning on making a pilgrimage to the Phoenix area once this thing open. It's not open yet, Danny, but there'll be a BUCkies in the Phoenix area. How cool is that? That's awesome.
Speaker 3: I cannot wait. You know, I've never been to one before.
Speaker 1: I've been to one. I was the one in Columbia, South Carolina, and it was awesome. It was so freaking cool. I can't wait to not that that's right next door, but I do have some family in Phoenix, and I can say I'll go visit family and just go to BUCkies anyway, Kevin says, there's not a lot to show. He sent some photos here you can't see him, Danny, He says, has not a lot to show you, as you can tell by the photos I'm sending, But it will be worth the wait. He says, if you guys got a job at BUCkies, what would you do? Would you make the pulled pork sandwiches, stock the BUCkies nuggets, greet the customers. How about doing a live remote or a meet and greet at a BUCkies? Well I would be all for that, Dan, I think you'd be down with that too. If BUCkies wants to pay for us to do the Fifth Hour podcast at BUCkies, we would be flattered. We give them all this free publicity. Anyway, Why don't we just go there, spend a couple of bucks, and we'll hang out and do the show from BUCkies while they make those Texas barbecue beef sandwiches. Because it's gonna be tough for you to answer this, Danny, because you've never been to BUCkies. But Kevin, I've been to one, and I would like to be at that station with all that smoke meat. That's where I would like to be that sandwich. One of the top five barbecue sandwiches I've ever had was at BUCkies, of all places. Now, it may have been because I was tired, it might have been because I was in the middle of a fast, but it was so fricking good. This Texas barbecue beef sandwich was awesome, So I would do that at and BUCkies is like the Costco of truck stops, although it's not actually a truck stop. I've been told by truck drivers that trucks aren't actually allowed at BUCkies. It's just for commuter cars. It's for people traveling down the interstate and all that. But it's an amazing place. And I'm surprised Dan, with all the shows you guys have done on the road with Covino and Rich that you have not ended up in a BUCkies area. I'm sure you've been to a place that had a BUCkies, you just didn't end up there because you were doing other stuff.
Speaker 3: Right, We're pretty rushed getting into the city's Graduate hotel, live broadcast, hang out with listeners afterwards, and then the next day turn around usually and go right home.
Speaker 1: Gotcha all right? Well, Kevin, enjoy your stay in the Valley of the Sun. I think you must be going to spring training. Maybe not, though I don't know what else you got going on there, But whatever it is, hope you have a fun time in the Valley of the Sun. Mike and Fullerton writes and says, Hey, Benny the Bopper and Danny g and Mike says, has there been any pushback from listeners or someone from tire raq dot com for using Fullerton to help sell snow tires in the live reads? I know you both know Fullerton's a cold weather city, but the majority don't. He says. Also, who did you guys vote for in all the Benny categories? Alf and I would love to know. Yeah, Well, you're never supposed to announce who you vote for in the Bennies and won't. We won't do that now. In fact, I haven't even voted Yet'm gonna I'm gonna vote later today because I know my vote will matter more depending on where the categories are. And as far as the tire Iraq commercials, exciting news, Danny new copy, we had a recording session last week. New tire Iraq commercials.
Speaker 3: Oh boy, is it something about spring?
Speaker 1: Well, it's not. Hey, snow and ice are coming.
Speaker 3: Usually is when the weather or the season changes, that's when their copy changes. So you'll say something like, hey, with baseball coming and lots of spring cleanup action, it's time to get some new spring wheels.
Speaker 1: Something along those lines, Danny. But it's funny, you know, the copy is resonating with the listeners. I'm pretty sure the tire rack people love this because, as you know, Danny from working with me all these years, that I like to embellish a live read. I like to add a little flavor, little spice on top, little hot pepper, and so I'll just start going off the copy. I make it a bit on the show, and then at the top of the hour I do the live read. And it's at the point now where I've got guys like Fargo, Pete. Hey, it's not there's no more snow here, all right, the weather's better. Stop with the commercial. These guys all email it in. What are you doing? All right? Stop with the snow and ice are coming? We're good, Okay, We're all right here. You know it's March. Now, what are you doing so well?
Speaker 3: Do you understand though, that good top notch producer on your show Yeah, they would annually go into that copy and change that to say snow and ice is here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, not is coming well from your lips to God's ears. Alf from the tile bag, right said? He says on the mailbag, he says, guys, since this is a podcast and you're not held back by the normal constraints of terrestrial radio, and this is nothing like ask Ben, I've got some things to say. First of all, let me give you Alf's word of the week, as it pertains to scrabble. Alf's word of the word. That's good. He did this because I was so busy ranting on Friday about Matthew. No, I know what I do. The Benny Show on Friday yesterday was the Stafford rant where Stafford agreed to the deal on Friday, and then I ranted on Saturday. And now we're at the mailbag. But I didn't even have time to get to the word of the week, of the phrase of the week. I never did that. That's a bad job by me. But Alf says the word is bingo, in a term that is adopted from scrap. Alf says, it's when you're able to place use to place all seven letters, therefore getting a bingo in contrast to scrabble, where a bingo earns fifty points, a bingo earns you an extra thirty five points in Words with Friends after adding multiplier tiles, he says. Then the email continues. I've used this term because, as you know, Benjamin, you played two, not just one, but two bingo words on consecutive turns to turn our maiden scrabble game into a devastation situation and a beatdown for the ages. I feel that I've earned this honor or power thanks to the aforementioned beating, to give you not one but two new ALF officially sanctioned nicknames. They are Benny Bingo and Benny beat Down. Feel free to add them to your rundown going forward. That's great idea, ALF, and I will likely do that, and it's been a lot of fun. Danny, I'm on this. It's called the Scrabble Go app on my iPhone if you're on Android, and if you want to play scrabble against me, I'm not getting paid. Then they didn't tell me to do this. I like playing scrabble. At my downtime, I play scrabble, So if you want to play against me, and I've got a good group of listeners. Now Alf is in there, Noah in Austin. I play against him. Just added a new guy from Ohio. There's a couple other people that I am forgetting their names, but they're also playing. So if you want to send a game, I'm on there under Benny, I got my avatar has a Dodger hat on Brooklyn Dodger hat.
Speaker 3: And if you sign up for this, you get Ben Maller's personal cell number.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, in fact, you can come over and have dinner if you want, come on, have a dinner. I don't care thet's see next one boy did not This person did not sign their name. Danny. You know how I feel about that.
Speaker 3: What a shrop boy?
Speaker 1: Anonymous Anonymous Ben and Danny, Benny and Danny g Danny. I know you're a Laker fan. You're probably fired up about Luca coming to the team. Well, Lebron James went on a rant this week complaining about the media. I wanted to get your thoughts. You didn't mention this on the Overnight show, Ben, I don't know if you saw it or not, and then he sent the quote I guess Lebron said, I don't know if you guys covered this on Covino and Rich this week. Lebron said, why do you want to be the face of the league when all the people that cover our game and talk about our game on a day today basis shit on everybody. That was the quote from I guess Lebron, But Anonymous wanted are.
Speaker 3: Confused about who he's talking about because when I watch those boring NBA shows on TV, they kind of just break down the games shows like ours. On the radio, we talk about TMZ sports type stuff. So is he talking about trolls? Is he talking about radio guys?
Speaker 1: Yeah? And is the criticism my first point, Anonymous, is the criticism unjustified. It's a bad product, just little quality control. The NBA is a league that does not care about the regular season, so why should the fans care about the regular seasons? Is that irrational to say that? Is that some kind of you're just being a hater. Well, if you're speaking the truth, you're not being a hater. You're just pointing out what is going on in the world, what is currently accepted by Adam Silver and the powers that be in the NBA. It's common knowledge that they don't care about the people to buy tickets or watch the games on TV. Load management, which they've tried to tone down, but the regular season, it just doesn't matter. There's teams and star players that find it more of a nuisance than anything. And number two, and this has always been my rant. I used to hear this a lot early on. I haven't heard it so much in recent years since Trump became president. The first time, you're too negative. You should be positive, you know. And I made the adjustment years ago. Danny occasionally on Benny Bright's side, and that's my positive side. But for the most part, as you know from working in this business, nantial is using just studying human nature. Humans react to negative negativity. The Internet, which is where everything is done. All the commerce has done these days on the internet. Right in our world we have the live radio show. It's broadcast on iHeart, which is on the internet streaming, it's repackaged on the podcast which is on the Internet. The Internet is a area, an ecosystem that is designed for negativity because human beings react to negativity. People want engagement. The way you make money is through engagement, whether it's a radio show, engaging the audience, whether you're online and negative things bring more engagement. That's a reality. So if Lebron has a problem with the media, he's really got a problem with human beings, right, because that's how we are wired. That's it. We're wired to react to negative stuff. And again, I go back to my original point here that generally speaking, it's not outrageous criticism to say that the vast majority of the NBA product sucks during the regular season, and that they have mastered the art of floating on the inner tube on the lazy river, right that they I know that's unpleasant to say and all that, but the regular season is dormant, and the All Star Games even worse than that, And so are we supposed to protect I guess Lebron might take away. I guess he wants guys in the media, Danny to just be toast sucking. You know, he wants to be prob the news service for the NBA, and you know that's not how it works.
Speaker 3: Honestly, there's too many teams to get into the playoffs right now, to play in games and all that. It's a bit of a snooze here and there in the regular season. The regular season is too long. Still to this day, my favorite season was the strike shortened year in the NBA. It was the perfect amount of games in my opinion, so too many games. US regular NBA fans don't even get to go to the arenas because they outpriced us long ago. I can't tell you the last time I got to go to a Lakers game, because you know what, I'm not going to spend my rent money on that. I'll watch it on TV. And if it wasn't for the Luca ad trade and the Jimmy Butler trade.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I stopped going the NBA games when COVID started, and I remember it was like two days before COVID and that was the last time I attended an NBA game and I've not been back. And I if you would have told me when I was in my twenties, when I was going to NBA games every night, that I'd be at a point in my life where I just didn't miss it, I don't now like you, Danny. I mean, we've got a job to do, and we're looking for content. We're always scouring the world for content, and so I do pay attention, but it is more the TMZS type stories than it is the games. We don't break down game. Very rarely do we break down games. Now when the playoffs come around, we'll throw it down on a playoff game or something like that. But in the regular season.
Speaker 3: Yeah, in regular season, we're not talking x's and o's.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and and I have the game on Danny while I'm putting notes together from my monologues, and it's it's hum drum man, it is. It's almost as bad as watching spring training baseball. I don't know if you've watched any of these spring training games, Holy crap, I mean, have they always been this bad? I used to love watching spring training games, and it just I don't know what it is. Maybe it's me. It just seems like the broadcast quality sucks. It's dull as dishwater. It's just lifeless. You gotta watch like the first two innings of a spring training game because if you turn on the game past then it's like number seventy six versus number eighty seven. You know, you don't know who any of these people are, the broadcaster, the broadcasters don't know, and it's just blah.
Speaker 3: It's very watered down. MLB fans enjoy it just for the simple fact that baseball is almost bat but yeah, you're right, it's not the most exciting thing to watch. It's like background viewing. I have it on in the background.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that's usually what I The sport that we pay attention to is the NFL. The basketball is on in the background, for sure, and even worse than that would be college basketball. Oh my goodness. All right, Fred from Apple Valley writes, and he says, Ben and Danny, before I go any further, I know you like to say this is not a political podcast. However, here we go. Danny, he says, I am into politics. I also like your show, and I wanted to know as a talk show host, what you guys thought of the fight on Friday between the Ukrainian president Zelenski and the US President Trump, says Fred from Apple Valley. So, uh I I saw a three minute clip where they it was Trump, Zelensky and the vice president what's the guy what's our vice president's name? I don't remember, uh the guy from Ohio anyway, doesn't matter. But uh so they were they were sitting in the Oval office there and they it did get very heated. Uh. I don't know too much about it to be it's perfectly honest, Fred, whatever I'm gonna say is probably completely wrong, but you asked me my opinion, and it's the podcast. I would argue based on the amount of money that the United States taxpayers have sent to Ukraine over the last you know number of years, here, I would I would have liked to have seen a little more appreciation from Zelenski, But you know, I don't know all the nuances of that, but it does seem a very Again, I'm not into the political game that much, Danny, but I can't recall any other world leader going to the White House and acting that way? Can you? I don't. Off the top of my head, I can't, And maybe it happened years ago before I was around. But pretty wild, wild scene there. They were supposed to have some kind of peace deal, and I guess the think fell apart and they're screaming at the cameras and pretty wild stuff. Man. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Maybe barstool can get them together for a celebrity boxing match.
Speaker 1: Yeah, or they can go to that Starbucks at the Marriott JW. Marriott in Indianapolis. The NFL security can come over and break them up.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I've been friends with Jordan Schultz for years. By the way, because I produced a weekend show he used to do on NBC Sports Radio and I was texting on the other day when all this was going down. Wrap Aport. Guy's a douchebag.
Speaker 1: I'm on. I don't know he reached out to me Jordan Schultz years ago. I don't even I mean just casual like stuff, and so I don't know him like you know him. I don't know him, but I'm on his side. Like the way that played out. It just having been in some of those similar situations in the past. You got here. Here's my theory. Let me give you my theory on that real quick. If I haven't if you haven't heard yet. So for those that don't recall what happened, Jordan Schultz has been working for Foxsports dot com. Rade, Is that correct? I think yes, yeah, he's doing something for the website and he's NFL insider guy day to day. You know, Jay Glazer doesn't really do that much anymore. It's mostly, you know, on the weekends for TV. So Jordan Schultz has been doing the heavy lifting for Fox as the NFL insider they're at the combine. He had a story that Tom Brady and Matthew Stafford were together in Montana, and Brady was whining and dining Stafford to try to recruit him to become of the Raiders. So then Ian Rappaport follows that up. I say, oh, no, it was just a chance meeting and all that. It wasn't you know, they weren't doing any recruiting or anything like that. And then there was a conversation at the Starbucks. Now I am without knowing either one of these people, you know, in real life, I'm on the side of Schultz. Because my theory on this, Danny is that Schultz report was absolutely right. One of the odds that Stafford, who's from Texas lives in LA would be in Montana and Tom Brady at the same exact time, at the same exact location. They just have to bump into each other. It was a bull crap story. So my theory is that Brady's very self conscious. He knows that he wants everyone to love him and all that stuff, and he also knows that might have violated some kind of NFL rules. So Brady deputized Ian Rappaport, who's a former NFL beat writer for the Patriots. When Tom Brady, by the way, was with the Patriots and Brady's people his camp called up Rapaport said hey, do us a solid and Rappaport did and then made.
Speaker 3: They told, will give you a reach around later.
Speaker 1: With all the trimmings, with all the all the trimans. I mean, that's that's the way I like get.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry those are called justin Tucker's now.
Speaker 1: Hello, yeah, man, yeah, all right. Uh so that's my theory on that. But as far as the Ukrainian thing, and you know, it's just can't we all get along? I don't know. It just seems if if I was in his position, I don't know that I would would be fighting in front of the cameras against the President of the United States. But a uh, to each their own. Reggie in Detroit writes in uh. He says, hey, Ben and Danny, it's been a minute. Still listen to the podcast every every week just about he says. The the new leader of the FBI, is it Cash Patel? Is that his name? Yeah, he says. Reggie wanted to know our thoughts. He said that he wants to form a partnership between the FBI and the UFC to train FBI agents, He says, Ben, I know you're not a big MMA fan. I don't know about Danny. Is this a good idea or silliness? Says Reggie. My word would be unnecessary? Is this really necessary? Doesn't the FBI have their own training program? Are the FBI agents all eating donuts and fat? I don't know. Don't they already have to have some physical conditioning to be in the FBI?
Speaker 3: I would think he wants to partner the two together, he says, to establish a formal relationship that would bring the program to the bureau designated to support physical fitness for agents. According to ABC News, I guess they want to add martial arts to the FBI agent's training.
Speaker 1: Okay, again, I don't know if it's necessary. Is anything necessary? I guess it would be cool. Maybe the FBI guys would like it. Yeah, that's some cool ass. Means FBI agents now with some of those UFC fighters, some of them might have had some issues with the police in the past. Do you think they'd be okay with that hanging out with the FBI guys or you think they'd be a little nervous on that.
Speaker 3: Oh, they could work off some of their sentence.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, time served or whatever. You get the FBI agents in shape, and then you're you're good. Let's see what's next. Mitchell not Mitchell from Ohio. This is Mitchell, he says from Oregon. As you say, Ben, the Oregon Trail. That's right. The reason I say Oregon Trail. Danny were around the same age. Do you remember that game on the computer, the Oregon Trail game?
Speaker 3: Of course, it was something I remember watching my mom and stepdad play on their first home computer. And I was a little, little, tiny kid, and I mean, can I try now, shut up, go watch Brady Bunch.
Speaker 1: Brady Bunch, Brady Bunch. When we were in elementary school the computers. We had a computer lab. That's how old I am. We had a computer lab and they had the game called the Oregon Trail, which had the shittiest graphics in the world. But we thought we were so cool because we were playing this game and it was you know, we didn't realize it was actually to educate us. But for us it was like, man, they had this little stagecoach thing and they were going on the Oregon Trail and it was like the coolest, like fun.
Speaker 3: It was like atari graphics. Go back and look at the first atari. I mean we were playing pong and we thought that was cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly, a bunch of sticks and squares. Well, it's kind of the cool thing about life, right Dan. It's like, you don't people say, oh, you don't know what, you don't know what. You don't know if you don't have it, you know what I mean? Like that's all we had. We didn't know what this other crap was, which made it fun. Mitchell says, Ben and Dan, I know, you guys fly for work and whatnot. He says, have you ever had someone die on a flight? Did you see the story from Qatar Airways? And then he sent a link here Mitchell and I guess a person died on a flight and they they made aid passengers sit next to the corpse for four hours on a flight.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's like when I used to do a weekend show with Arnie, except it was three hours.
Speaker 1: Well, at one point we had our morning show. We had Mike North and Andy Furman, which was no Mitchell, I've never had someone die on a plane. You knock on wood. Hopefully that will be the case. I guess there's a lawsuit or something I don't know the story Mitchell gave us. Danny says that they violated the FAA, which I guess wouldn't apply to is the FA is not It's American, but is it global? I don't know. He said it violated air travel. The story says it violated air travel code. You're supposed to put the cadaver far away from everyone if possible. And I don't know. That's where do you if you die on a plane? Like where do they say you die? Like over the ocean or is it whatever city you land in. I don't know how that works data.
Speaker 3: By the way, the FAA is international.
Speaker 1: Okay, then the fa Sure, there you go. Dave in San Diego. Right, so, and he says Ben and Dana, I know you guys say like we all did, got into trouble when we were kids. Did you see what happened in Brooklyn? He says that McDonald's has started karting teenagers to enter the restaurant there in Flatbush, Brooklyn, because they've destroyed the restaurant so many times. Should you need an ID for a big mac? Says Dave in San Diego. This is early in the week, right, I think I saw this story.
Speaker 3: Yeah I saw this too.
Speaker 1: So kids have been going in there after school and maybe they don't even go to school and just destroying the knocking the shit out of this place. Hey listen, Uh, you know, McDonald's a giant company, but they're not there, so you could destroy their business and all that. And if the parents don't take care of these kids, and this is what they have to do, it sucks. But I understand the people that run the McDonald's. What are they supposed to do. They gotta sell big macs. Nobody's gonna go and eat a big mac if they're gonna have some punk teenager messing around with them, right, come on.
Speaker 3: I was just telling my better half the other day. You know what, I just realized I haven't eaten out of McDonald's in maybe a couple of years now, except for breakfast here and there, like you know, like on your way to the airport, you get like one of their English muffin sandwiches or something and coffee. Yeah, besides breakfast with McDonald's. When's the last time you told your wife, Ben oh man, I'm craving a big Mac right now.
Speaker 1: No, No, it's been years. Last time I ate a McDonald's, much like you. Was at the airport. I don't remember what city we were in. We were waiting for a flight and it just happened to be the closest place at the airport. So we're like, all right, we'll go to McDonald's. But that was it. I'm never I've never gotten in the car and said I want to have lunch today, Let's go to McDonald But I'm not trying to sound a lad. It's it's just that there's other fast food places we'd more likely go to where we just need it home. Now.
Speaker 3: I know some people craved their fries, and I understand that. And when Brenda was pregnant with CoA, she craved the fries, and I would go get the fries once in a while, so that I get. But they're actual burgers. They've fallen off a cliff to the point where, yeah, man, I remember back in the day where I actually wanted a quarter pounder or something like that. And I can't tell you the last time I wanted to go get a McDonald's burger.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, I'm right there with you. Next up on the mailbag, John writes in from Hartford, and he says, I actually heard about Gene Hackman's death on your show, Ben. You broke the news to me. I was a huge fan of jeans like everyone else back in the nineteen eighties. He says, I want to know what you guys think. Is there more to this story? Any thoughts on what actually happened? That's from John. Yeah, I read a little bit about it over the weekend. I'm sure you did to Danny. It's an interesting story. I guess. The latest thing that I saw yesterday, I think it was, was that the theory is that the wife had like a heart attack or something like that, and she died, and then Hackman, I guess, had a medical emergency. He fell down or something like that, and he couldn't get up because he's ninety five, and then he died, and then the dog died. But I don't know if that's true. I read is that?
Speaker 3: But then I heard they have two other dogs that survived.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And how long they must have been in there for a long time? Right there?
Speaker 3: A long time, yeah, because her body was starting to decompose, according to the story I read, and there was a small space heater next to her in the bathroom on the floor, so the whole thing is odd.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, is it a case I'm trying to think if somewhere it happened to me, who's going to check on me? Well, because of work people, But Gene Hackman isn't working, and I guess his wife wasn't working either as he was younger. But think about that. You get old enough and you just sit there, and you could sit there and rot, you drop dead, and no one for what do you think a month? Think they were down there for a month.
Speaker 3: No, I can't imagine.
Speaker 1: Ben.
Speaker 3: The sponsorship logs on our network don't get done on their own. Somebody would come look for me in an hour.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, if I didn't do a tire rack read, I've had seven cars out in front of my house too. So I hear you on that man alive? All right? Yeah? Who knows? It sucks? I mean, Gene, it's like Saw ninety five years is a great run. But Gene Hackman o.
Speaker 3: Gen, No, it really was. And there's a couple of underrated films by him that I wanted to mention. One from the eighties Uncommon Valor. Okay, my stepdad was obsessed with that Vietnam film where they go in and they rescue some prisoners of war. And then in the nineties he had a movie with Tom Cruise called The Firm, and he was really really good in that film.
Speaker 1: So the ones my first real Gene Hackman memories were when he was in the Superman movies in the eighties. That's why I first, I.
Speaker 3: Remember those were so corny, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but that's like my first Like I remember seeing Gene Hackman in those uh he was Lex Luthor, Lex Luthor right in those those eighties, like the Christopher Reeves Superman. Yes, yeah, so I remember that and and just like seemed like everything he was in was he was solid, you know, rock solid. So anyway, it's a very sad way to check out, and it's a really good way to check out. I would say not turning into a mummy would be a better way, but but who knows. Anyway. Manny from Texas, formerly of Socals, says, Hey, guys, I hope you're doing well. Uh, he says, Ben, you claim to be a distant relative of Nostra Damas and friend of Nosterdenis. Is this how you got your powers? You then send a story saying that Canadian scientists have discovered all humans can read minds, and they say that there's a part of the brain here that you can they can mess around with and allow you telepathic abilities. What do you want me to say, Manny? I mean I already have that. I'm friend of Nostradinis, distant relative of Nostradamis. As you said there, would you really want to have real telepathic abilities though? I mean in the real you know what you'd like?
Speaker 3: Most of us already hear voices in our head.
Speaker 1: Well, we all have a narrator in our lives, right, we have a narrator voice. I think most people have that. Speaking of that, a little off topic, The black irishman called up the other night Danny, and he had one of the great takes no one else had has this take? He said, I don't understand, Ben, why we bet on games that before they're played, we should bet on them after they're played. Doesn't that make a lot of sense? Isn't that a great idea? What a wonderful, believable one? More last one? Here we go, Harry in beautiful Palm Desert, California, in your palm springs, he says. Ben. A court in India this week ordered movie. A movie theater chain to pay for mental agony because they put too many ads in the theater. Do you support this?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: Yeah? What is there anything worse than going to the movies? And you're like, one or two trailers is fine. But then they have buy your snacks and then they have the commercial for the airline. I don't go to the movies.
Speaker 3: Very much, so then there's an ad for Coca cola.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and yeah.
Speaker 3: Then there's an actor talking to us about something. And the only time that's good is when you're running late.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's true. You're going to get your snacks or whatever. You know, it's a it's fine. But other than that, that's funny. Though.
Speaker 3: If you're on time, it sucks because you're like, all right, this is twenty minutes of my life. I can't get back.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's get this show on the road. Come on, all right, we'll get out on that. Remember tonight the Bennies. The Bennies are here tonight the greatest night in overnight sports talk radio. Eleven o'clock in the West year on this Sunday, but two am in the East and four hours pretty much all monologues and Benny Awards and good luck to everyone that was nominated. May the top people win and we'll have a lot of speeches, call up and celebrate and have a grand old time. So check that out. Danny, You're back with Comino and Rich this week. Every day during the afternoon.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, sir, we'll be back five to seven pm in the East coast, and that is two to four pm on the West side in beautiful San Diego, California.
Speaker 1: And Medford, Oregon, the home of Genie and Medford back in the day, the.
Speaker 3: Great Yeah you know what and the Bennys are dedicated to Jeanie. Right.
Speaker 1: Yes, the caller of the Year is the Genie and Medford Caller of the Year the Ben Malor Show, I'm a Doctor, And we also celebrate beer drinking Brian. The worst caller on this show is the beer drinking Brian.
Speaker 3: So that's awesome.
Speaker 1: I love that we honor our legends. I have a wonderful, wonderful day. We'll talk to you next time.
Speaker 3: Enjoy the rest of your weekend. Yeah, Bosta gotta murder. I gotta go