Speaker 1: Second date Update date. Man, we've been hearing from our listeners, especially in the last couple of years, that the dating landscape is more bleak than ever.
Speaker 2: But like this is the theme song for it.
Speaker 1: Jeff, we know what I do. Appreciate the guys out there who aren't backing down and aren't giving up. For sure, it's tough for them to land a date, but when they do, they get creative with it.
Speaker 3: I love that.
Speaker 1: Like a dumpster diving dinner date.
Speaker 2: We did have that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that was misguided effort but unique.
Speaker 1: Or a blindfolded romantic trust walk across a freeway. Okay, nothing brings you together like that type of experience.
Speaker 2: You're very far apart. Depending on who gets.
Speaker 1: Hit, well, it'll bring you together in the same hospital room. And one of our listeners, Ben said he went creative with his date idea and before we even hear it, Brook's gonna give her sign of approval just for trying. Oh, Ted.
Speaker 4: Whenever you ask for my approval before I hear something, it's usually because something is not a good idea.
Speaker 1: I don't even know what the date is, so you don't.
Speaker 2: Okay, then I think it's good for you.
Speaker 1: Ben.
Speaker 3: I love the.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I thought I was getting tricked by Jeffrey. That happens a lot on the show.
Speaker 1: You don't trust any man.
Speaker 2: Ben, No, I just don't trust him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's true. We want to hear what was this creative date idea that you came up with?
Speaker 3: So in order to understand this date, you kind of have to understand, like how we bonded. Okay, so Amanda and I we met on an app and we bonded over movies, like we both really love movies.
Speaker 4: If you were about to say you took her to the movie theater and that's a strange part, hang up on him.
Speaker 3: But yeah, so I had this idea that our first date would be like a movie.
Speaker 4: Theme a movie theme date, not going to the movies, but movie theme.
Speaker 1: What does that mean?
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 3: Well, out about it. I wanted to have something to be memorable, and so I thought, well, like maybe we could I could pick a movie whe where we had that experience in date for him.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, so you did Air Force one together and hijack the plane.
Speaker 3: That's fine. Yeah, well you know I was thinking like date movies, but I like your ideas too, But what did you go with I decided to do like different movie scenes because I couldn't think of a whole movie from start to finish make a good date.
Speaker 2: Okay, so what'd you pick?
Speaker 1: The recreating famous date movie scenes.
Speaker 3: Like iconic scenes from movies like for example, the first thing we did was we had a Shrek themed picnic in.
Speaker 2: Okay, I think that's a cute thing.
Speaker 1: Of course, Brook thinks a swamp date is cute as long as.
Speaker 2: She figures out the movie associated with it.
Speaker 5: She got it.
Speaker 2: She got it right away.
Speaker 3: Well it helped. I was talking like Shrek too, you know, doing my Shrek voice.
Speaker 2: So what was next? What happened for the Shrek picnic?
Speaker 3: They I wanted to do like an activity and it was this pottery studio right around the corner from the pond.
Speaker 4: Like Patrick Swayze, ghost is what you're saying.
Speaker 5: Sexy pottery, That's exactly it. So we had the potter wheeling.
Speaker 1: Well, hold on, did you die and come back as a ghost? First? In order to do this problem?
Speaker 3: No, I kept my shirt on.
Speaker 2: You didn't awkwardly go behind her? Did you die?
Speaker 3: Maybe I did, but you know it's a weird or I think.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, what was her response.
Speaker 3: So I think she said, are you really doing this? I said, yeah, I mean, all right.
Speaker 1: Are you really doing this? As in like, wow, this is impressive? Are you seriously going through this much effort?
Speaker 4: Tone is going to be really important on that sentence, and unfortunately we cannot ree.
Speaker 1: I'm going to assume that she loved it.
Speaker 3: So I thought she was. I thought she was into it. She even said that Ghost was one of her favorite movie.
Speaker 1: She did so, she told so, she.
Speaker 2: Said to.
Speaker 1: Take to the third and final love scene. What was the movie you went with there?
Speaker 3: So at the end, I had a couple of options choose, so I told her, like, we could do the dirty dancing lift.
Speaker 1: Wow, are you even physically capable of that?
Speaker 3: I think I could take her?
Speaker 4: I think, did you really leaning into these?
Speaker 2: Patrick Swayzee?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah? What was the other option?
Speaker 4: You know what?
Speaker 3: What I thought would be really really cool special moment is the upside down kiss from Spider Man. Wow, that would be a perfect way to end off the team.
Speaker 2: How would you do that?
Speaker 1: Pulled her upside down?
Speaker 3: There was a tree out there with a branch there.
Speaker 2: It is did you really hang upside down from a tree?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 1: Which one did? She choose act.
Speaker 3: She didn't choose either one.
Speaker 1: Of those, probably for the best.
Speaker 3: What she recommended that we do the handshake scene from Wolf of Wall Street.
Speaker 1: Oh, I don't know, I don't remember.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: In other words, she just gave me a handshake. It was a very firm handshake.
Speaker 1: All right. So is that how you guys left it? With a firm handshake?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was it. And she thanked me for the dates. That was really cool and thoughtful and uh, and I told her I'd like to see her again, and she said, yeah, let's see if we can make that happen.
Speaker 1: We just went over a list of things that people say that they don't really mean, and that was one of the top ones.
Speaker 2: Somebody, Yeah, we'll totally get together. Have you contacted her?
Speaker 3: I texted her and I messaged her in the app, and I haven't heard from well, I haven't heard back from her. And so that's why I was hoping that you guys can help me hook up that Spider Man kiss.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I mean you put in a lot of effort. Whether or not we agree that they were great ideas or not, us the effort alone is worth another shot. You're even this He's on a radio show to get her back should be a oh is that sleepless Sleepless in Seattle? She calls into a radio show. We're gonna go full sleepless on this girl when your second date update.
Speaker 2: I do kind of remember that.
Speaker 1: Now we're going to hook you up on top of the Empire State Building when we come.
Speaker 2: At least the end is definitely Empire State Building. Make a new movie. I mean, if you haven't seen it, no Alexis.
Speaker 1: Leave the room. We're gonna do a second date update right after that second date update. Three romantic movie scenes recreated in one very steamy.
Speaker 2: Date because the pond next to them love.
Speaker 1: Them moisture coming up.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Our listener Ben bonded with a woman named Amanda over their shared love of cinema, so he thought it'd be fun to recreate the swamp picnic from the Shrek movie.
Speaker 2: It's actually really cute.
Speaker 1: The pottery scene from Ghost and after she rejected the upside down spider Man kiss, they settled on a regular handshake.
Speaker 2: Okay, very business like Wolf of Wall Street.
Speaker 1: That's right hot. Now, did something happen in the middle of all that stuff? Because those movie scenes sounded really great? But Ben, I need to ask you when you were reaching around her at the pottery place, you were feeling normal? Right?
Speaker 2: Oh god, Jeff what?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah?
Speaker 2: What you mean?
Speaker 4: Brook?
Speaker 1: You know how these go?
Speaker 2: I mean we had not asked that question, but.
Speaker 1: You understand the physical reaction that pottery has on a man. When you stick your hands into that clay. You can't control what your body does. It does for me.
Speaker 4: What happened in your art class in high school, Jeffrey, I don't.
Speaker 2: Want to know.
Speaker 1: Well, I'll ask my art teacher to send you the video if you're really that interests. Yes, Ben, it was all kosher in the pottery place.
Speaker 3: It just pottery.
Speaker 4: Okay, that's the best answer.
Speaker 2: Pottery is really hard.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's difficult.
Speaker 2: Like I've taken a pottery class before.
Speaker 1: I think a lot of us are feeling hot right now?
Speaker 2: Do you not say anything?
Speaker 1: Let's get more people in on this action. Dialing Amanda right now, here we go. Hello, Hey, we're looking to speak with Amanda. Hey Amanda, my name is Jeff You're on the radio right now with a show called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 4: Hey Amanda, Amanda, good morning, don't hang up.
Speaker 2: Hi, Hi, you're pretty chill, She's cool.
Speaker 3: What's up.
Speaker 1: We're doing a segment called a second date Update, which is where we try and help out our listeners after they've gone out with somebody and they'd like to see them again, try and figure out if there's a reason why the second meetup hasn't happened yet.
Speaker 5: Okay, okay.
Speaker 1: And so the guy that reached out to us about you, his name is Ben. Okay, yeah, does that make sense?
Speaker 3: That does make sense?
Speaker 1: Okay, okay.
Speaker 2: Cool.
Speaker 1: So basically we have heard from Ben about your guys is recreate a movie date.
Speaker 4: He put a lot of thought and energy into it because he was really excited about you.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: So I don't know how many details he gave you.
Speaker 5: A lot.
Speaker 1: We heard Shrek Ghost and then you guys settled on a Wolf of Wall Street thing.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, handshake at the end, which was your right let me.
Speaker 6: Yes, we keep the ghost pottery, which is.
Speaker 3: Very like creative and cute, and.
Speaker 2: I did like that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but he had told me that the last thing was going to be a surprise, so she wasn't going to like tell me until the end. And he kept bringing up during the other dates, like you know, we could stop this right now and just do pretty woman woman?
Speaker 4: Oh god, he pays you for your services.
Speaker 6: Where he's a businessman and she's a hooker.
Speaker 4: He wanted to be the person who took you shopping. That's probably what he meant.
Speaker 1: A hook Yeah, she's very respectable in that movie.
Speaker 4: I mean he wanted to kiss. They don't kiss a pretty woman, even if.
Speaker 6: Even if he did mean I want to take you shopping. That's a strange thing for a first date. And like it was already pretty elaborate, you guys, it was the first date, Like I just met this guy.
Speaker 4: So wait, you're upset that he brought up pretty woman because that made you feel used?
Speaker 2: Is that what it is?
Speaker 3: It just was a little ugi.
Speaker 6: Okay, his intentions didn't feel great, but.
Speaker 1: Ogre Swamp Picnic felt right to you.
Speaker 6: It multiple references to that, you guys.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I see what what you're feeling. Young people call it the from Okay, I think.
Speaker 2: Very similar.
Speaker 1: Before that when I don't want to like bring up any more icky ugi feelings, but I do need to tell you that Ben is on the other line right now, listening to this conversation, and he does want to talk to you.
Speaker 5: Benny there, I am here, and let me tell you, I feel exactly like the guys from Dude, Where's My Car?
Speaker 3: Right now?
Speaker 2: What does that mean?
Speaker 3: You're hungover on your back, you're high?
Speaker 1: Like what?
Speaker 3: Like, I'm just totally confused, you.
Speaker 4: Know, confused or something that you know, liked confused.
Speaker 2: In the title.
Speaker 1: Why are you so confused?
Speaker 5: Well, I just had no idea, Like, so when I suggested pretty Woman, I mean I was thinking about like the romance element, you know, like the fact that these two people like really hit it off and fell in love.
Speaker 3: I forgot she was a prostitute. That's not why I was bringing that up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's like the whole plot of the movie.
Speaker 2: You could have chosen something better.
Speaker 3: Well, it definitely was not my intention. I was not trying to imply that you were a prostitute in any way.
Speaker 4: That it's always a good things.
Speaker 2: Not try to imply that.
Speaker 3: Okay, I totally get it.
Speaker 1: Are you hearing him, Amanda? Do you see where he's coming from?
Speaker 6: I don't know how you forget that part.
Speaker 1: Escort thing.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's kind of the key pot.
Speaker 2: So wait, are you not believing him, Amanda? Is that the issue?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I guess not Okay, well you got to look on the bright side, Amand at least he didn't bring up Silence of the Lambs. Yeah, thank you and turn you into there was no les.
Speaker 6: Nor skin like. There were no buckets involved in the date.
Speaker 1: I appreciate. Okay, now we're thinking, we're thinking positive here.
Speaker 3: I also kind of meant it as a compliment because I think you are a pretty woman.
Speaker 4: That's what a.
Speaker 1: Lexus just said. She can hear what she's saying too, So this is a little bit awkward.
Speaker 3: Right now, A little yeah.
Speaker 1: But the way that we can make this all better is if Amanda, you're willing to give Ben one more chance at another date. You could pick any other movie scene that you want to do, or just a non movie.
Speaker 2: You could do a do over and do fifty first dates. You know where he forgets every time, So.
Speaker 1: We're fifty shades first.
Speaker 6: You know, you guys are going to send us to Hawaiian then I'm in, but I have the money.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well we'll pay for the taxi to the airport. Then you handle the rest. But Ben, do you have another day idea? If she says yes, well does it have to be movies?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 1: Yes, Well I mean, that's how they bonded.
Speaker 3: Movies are kind of our thing. I don't know. I mean, I'd really like to do like a basic instinct.
Speaker 4: What but that's like a scary stalker, isn't it.
Speaker 1: He meant it as like she's pretty, She's beautiful, beautiful.
Speaker 2: I'm pretty sure that.
Speaker 1: This, Ben, I'm going to ask you again, maybe try something different, maybe a little bit more romantic.
Speaker 2: This time you started with Shreds.
Speaker 1: Dude, I'm cute. What movie do you have in mind that second date, Bud, I'll.
Speaker 3: Be honest, I keep thinking about this and how but I don't know how we could turn it into a date. But my favorite movie is Pulp Fiction. It's a dance scene, the swing dance scene, all right.
Speaker 1: You know, Ben, I think Harry Potter Day, like, what are you guys doing?
Speaker 4: Ben?
Speaker 1: I think your heart is in the right place for sure, but your mind is.
Speaker 3: I mean, I just like a lot of movies.
Speaker 1: I just like your mind is scaring.
Speaker 2: Her though, Ben, so is she even on the phone.
Speaker 1: I don't know, Amanda, are you still there?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I'm not sure why.
Speaker 1: Well, Amanda, I'm sorry for all of this, but best of luck in the dating pool. Ben you got a lot of work to do. Yeah, man, I.
Speaker 2: Go away from maybe coms dude, Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I can try that. I guess. I am really super disappointed, though. I did put a lot of work into that, and that's that's I don't know if you remembers, but my outfit at the picnic was very reminiscent of Shrek, and I just, you know, I feel like I should get credit. Then.
Speaker 1: The good news is a lot of single women are hearing this right now.
Speaker 2: And running.
Speaker 1: At least they heard it. Yeah, looking Jeffrey in the morning, you know what, that could have been a really sweet second date, so close to rom com perfection, but he ended up being weird. Yeah yeah, I mean it wasn't subtle like I see a slipping in movies there, But I.
Speaker 2: Mean, and she tried, she tried to like it, she tried to get.
Speaker 4: On with it, and then she's like, no, my gut is telling me that something's something's off.
Speaker 1: You know what. I do believe there is a woman out there somewhere right now thinking, when is a guy finally going to treat me like a high priced I deserve that. That's my dream.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm trying to relate a little more.
Speaker 1: I'm telling you somebody out there for everybody, and we can help you find them. Email the show. We can call that person who's not calling you back. And go check out all of our second dates wherever you get your podcasts at
Speaker 4: Brook and Jeffrey Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning