Speaker 1: The following.
Speaker 2: He is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club Cowboys.
Speaker 3: This He's Talking Cowboys, ringing live.
Speaker 2: From the Dallas Cowboys World headquarters at the Star in Frisco.
Speaker 4: Touch Un six SEGMENTUS dot tixis any pay Today, touchdown.
Speaker 2: And now your hosts Isaiah Stanback, Patrick Walker, Josh Rodriguez, and Kyle Yeomans.
Speaker 5: It's a Monday edition of Talking Cowboys, presented by Black Rifle Coffee Company, live from the Star in Frisco, Texas and the SWBC Studios. Welcome In, Everybody is the first post bye week episode as we lead you into the rivalry renewed the Dallas Cowboys and the Sam Francisco forty nine ers in week eight of the NFL season.
Speaker 3: Welcome in, Everybody. We've got the full as crew ready to rock.
Speaker 5: We've got Patrick Noc Walker, Josh Rodriguez, Isaiah stand back with Chris Beam in the back. Kyle Yellman's, gentlemen, how was the bye week? I know Patrick, you're feeling a little extra.
Speaker 1: Dog Ye today invigorated.
Speaker 6: Yeah, these are not a part of the dress code, sir. We're already to change.
Speaker 1: Are you sure hoodies.
Speaker 4: Neither are violations, by the way, I thought hoodies were hoodies. Really definitely, okay, try let's pay with pay go dogs. No, it was a it was a RESTful bye week, you know. We we were able to reset, got time with the family, which is always nice. Got the dub on Saturday, which is always nice against those Longhorns. Watched the New York Mets lose on Sunday, which.
Speaker 7: Is always nice. So pretty pretty fulfilled weekend. How about you, guys.
Speaker 6: Well, the Cowboys didn't lose, so I'm really happy about that.
Speaker 3: That's a good thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, either they couldn't hurt me this weekend, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 8: That true?
Speaker 3: Yeah, not this weekend. Maybe next maybe next weekend.
Speaker 6: Yeah yeah but no, yeah, all good.
Speaker 1: What did you do? Kids?
Speaker 3: Games? Man? That's it. Yeah, it's just kids, games and work, that's all.
Speaker 6: By week it was quick, right, Oh yeah, I didn't have any rest at all. We moved into a house.
Speaker 3: Hey, let's go. I saw your picture. You're pointing out the bricks and this is what here is.
Speaker 6: Love it when you go out and look at a house that you bought with your own money. You know, you're Wow, that's mine right there.
Speaker 5: Brick, don't Yeah, do you know how much like you paid for it? Down to the scent, because whenever we bought ours, I know I could rattle it off right now, I'm not going through yeah, but like I know the exact scent of what I paid for the house, like yeah, currently.
Speaker 3: Remember Remember the house is paid for. It's the loan that I'm trying to pay back currently.
Speaker 7: So I was gonna never never assumed though, I mean, he might have just dropped cash on the tape.
Speaker 3: That's true.
Speaker 4: We are dealing with We are dealing with the guy who had who had the Batman mobiles and all that stuff as a child. So I don't know's true, true, it's true, it's quite, it's fluid.
Speaker 3: I don't privilege. I don't think that house is built out of legos. No, it's not.
Speaker 6: No, it's real bricks. So it feels great, man.
Speaker 1: Congrats, that's all much.
Speaker 5: That's a great step in the direction of adulthood.
Speaker 3: Grona love it all right, let's get into some news and notes.
Speaker 5: We've got a fun show for you today, by the way. Good to be back with you, guys. I thought it was a lot of fun splitting up last week.
Speaker 1: But it's just a brotherhood. That's all it is with you guys.
Speaker 5: Back in here, we had Burry Church and Brian brought us on here. Last week we went through grades. We did like a six week report card.
Speaker 1: You remember when you were a kid. You get your six.
Speaker 5: Week grades, and your mom's either really happy or not very happy at all.
Speaker 3: You gotta go up and hide one. Oh yeah, it always look back to mom. Don't worry. I played outside for a reason. I tried Man's Coming.
Speaker 6: The real struggle was trying to change a C to A trying to color.
Speaker 1: I didn't do any Are these.
Speaker 6: Letters so much bigger than all the other one?
Speaker 3: I had a better chance of intercepting the letter?
Speaker 4: Well, first of all, First of all, typewriter, So I know you know why out and typewriter?
Speaker 3: How do you have you ever use a typewriter? Never in my life?
Speaker 5: No goodness, you're not that much like typewriters and computers.
Speaker 3: Computers were just coming around.
Speaker 6: That's true, Hanks, typewriter the time.
Speaker 4: That's why you type with your fingers. I still have a typewriter. It's just for a nostalgia, though I don't use I don't know one person that typed on a typewriter, not using just one.
Speaker 5: Patrick's writing his science lab every week typewriter And.
Speaker 3: You did you?
Speaker 4: Did you use multiple fingers to do typewriter to write your papers?
Speaker 5: Do you think my first computer class was in eighth grade?
Speaker 3: Oh wow? So yes, we used typewriters back in the day.
Speaker 1: But did you use your did you hand pack it? Were you full?
Speaker 3: Sorry, I'm doing two things right now.
Speaker 4: Beamer's got those those press he's on the typewriter stood too tall for the for you to be slapping.
Speaker 7: Yes, actually I feel like somebody had to be a Jedi with that thing, like the the old office assistants. Ye, office assistant right, Oh, oh my god?
Speaker 1: That theographersographers.
Speaker 6: I wanted to do that forever.
Speaker 1: But there are those are different.
Speaker 3: Those don't even know they're different.
Speaker 6: They're like it's like minority report, you know what I mean, where it's like a screen.
Speaker 7: And there's like vibing that is it actual like words or is it kind of like a I don't know phrase.
Speaker 3: You could get one spelling era you'd be furious type.
Speaker 6: No, it's not key key, it's phrase by phrase. How you can do it with this?
Speaker 1: So that's why we're is different.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm sorry we let down this path.
Speaker 5: We did apologiz, but yeah we did grades on last week with Brian and Barry.
Speaker 3: I want to get into news and notes, and later in the show.
Speaker 5: We're to go through one of the articles, the biology report is what them was on at Dallas Cowboys dot Com.
Speaker 3: I thought it was a really cool article science. I'm gonna go through it is. It's more science, that's what it is. But let's go to news notes first.
Speaker 1: From the brain of Nick Eatman though that's true.
Speaker 7: So you know sciences, right, sciences infectious?
Speaker 6: Who is playing to definitely have flung to science when he was a.
Speaker 3: Kid, Nick did.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Interesting, he was just.
Speaker 6: Saying that he didn't care about anything in school other than you know, what the Cowboys were doing football? Yeah, a true gamer.
Speaker 1: It's something else he cared about, because we all did that.
Speaker 7: Being said, so, news and notes are going to be fairly thin today because the reason, ladies and gentlemen you heard Beamer say he's doing two things at once is because literally, as we speak simultaneously, Micha McCarthy is holding his first post by week press conference. So not sure what updates are going to come from that. I'm monitoring for injury updates and things like that, So we won't know quite yet what the injury update is going to be on guys like Dron Blam Michael Parsons. So we'll know hopefully by the end of the show something there. But we did have a signing. Don't go, you know, sizing up your super Bowl ring for it, but it was a signing on the list.
Speaker 4: That's what I did over the bie way. Did you size up your Super Bowl ringe? Might as well you kept it received? Yeah, okay, Yes.
Speaker 7: Cowboys added player to the practice squad by the name of Jalen Dalton. Jayleen Dalton is a defensive ind and he's being added because of the they're basically wrecked at defensive end. We talked about it last week, uh kidd. Injury wise, we will see if Micah comes back this week. I don't have any insight one where another on that quite yet, hopefully by the end of the show, most definitely by Wednesday when I get some more information there. Defensive end Jalen Dalton he was an undrafted free agent signed to the Chicago Bears in twenty nineteen. Spent some time with the New Orleans Saints and the Atlanta Falcons as well as the Carolina Panthers. A little bit of a journeyman although he's twenty seven, he's been around the league. Also played for and Isaiah Wall like this one the Seattle Sea Dragons in the spring. Spent some time with the Seattle Sea Dragons and most recently the San Antonio Brahmas.
Speaker 1: So xfil Yeah.
Speaker 7: Another XFL experiment for the Cowboys on the practice squad. Not a ton of experience NFL wise, because even though he was a bit of a journeyman in this league, he only has I believe two games activated, thirteen combined tackles.
Speaker 1: So still Green Still's.
Speaker 3: Coming straight from the Bromos.
Speaker 1: He's coming straight from the bromsh Well.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you gotta love how much respect our scouting department has for the UFL.
Speaker 1: The XFL.
Speaker 7: Absolutely, you know, absolutely, that is one of their things. And I mean when you talk about Cavante turfing, talk about Brandon Aubrey, I mean they hit big on those two guys, and to this point they're just trying to see how many more times they can hit deject but so.
Speaker 5: And it's an all encompassing thing too, because of course the draft is such a huge thing in this building, and it has to be with the contract situations and the salary cap. And I of course I have an utmost love for the draft because I love college football and I love the way that players elevate. But a lot of these guys were stars in college football and either fizzled out within ANFL team and then got another opportunity, or their late bloomers like you had with Brandon Aubrey, where he just didn't play football, he was in another sport and he has given a different chance to compete at a high level, does well, and then you get picked up like that. I think it's really cool how it does all encompass what the UFL is doing college football and then even some of the lower end pro stuff.
Speaker 7: Serving is And what everyone was hoping for is that it will serve kind of as a developmental league, kind of like a G league exactly if you will.
Speaker 3: And big fan of it is serving.
Speaker 7: Especially for the Cowboys. So well, we'll see what Jaalen Don'ton can bring to the table. But that's the loan transaction, and now we look forward to San Francisco and seeing what we can do.
Speaker 3: And of course, like you said, don't size up a Super Bowl, right, picked up a guy?
Speaker 1: Yeah, especially a practice squad.
Speaker 7: It's it's you know, they want to see what he has and if he doesn't have anything, you know, no harm, no foul. And if he has something, then he's insurance against another injury.
Speaker 3: At the position this missing four defensive ends.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, like the only guy. Yeah, you're missing your too deep.
Speaker 5: Since we're talking about depth and practice squad, I'm going to ask a question that wasn't on the rundown, but I am going to ask it anyways. Going on script, Buddy, Dalvin Cook, is there any chance you see him now.
Speaker 1: That it's post bye week?
Speaker 3: Pat, Just on your own intuition.
Speaker 4: On my intuition, I don't see what's changed in the mind of Jerry Jones and Mike McCarthy over the path Well, since you lost to the Lions, like the run game, you want to see that going. But I don't think Rico Dwell coming off of a career game against the Pittsburgh Steelers right, That, to me was enough for Jerry Jones to and Mike McCarthy to sit back on Dalvin Cook and say Okay, well we can we can hold this up. So then you go against the Lions and it wasn't personnel that was the issue that you got your book kicked and you weren't handing off the ball in the first place.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 4: So like ric o'dowdell, I just said he had a career game in Pittsburgh when he had one carry at by the end of the first quarter for one yard, right. So I just think the course of the game it became so one dimensional, so fast, it went off the rails.
Speaker 7: You try to throw your way out of it. So put it on my GM and my head coaching cap. I don't see the G on your cap. Yeah, put it on my G. Let's put it m right next to it.
Speaker 1: I just I don't see it. Now. From a fan standpoint, I get it. I get it.
Speaker 7: You want to see some some invigoration in the run game, and I'm not against it. That still poses the question of how you mix that up. But douce Vaughan, he's been made in active now for two consecutive games, so it looks like that will continue. Hunter lip Key is seeing the uptick. I do like that, right, But the question then is what does Dalvin Cook fit in and as far as the active roster right now, I think he gets played before the season is all said and done.
Speaker 1: Question is win.
Speaker 7: But to answer your question based on conversations I'm having vibe in the building as.
Speaker 4: We talk right now. I don't see it as a San Francisco thing though. No, you don't like Deuce Vaughan being inactive.
Speaker 3: But I get it. Yeah, yeah, I don't like it, but I get it.
Speaker 4: I mean, he has to mentioned this earlier in the year that he has to be able to provide more on special teams. If you're gonna be a depth chart guy, true store is gonna be a splash player offensively, you have to be somebody who's undeniable on every special teams unit. And if you can't find your way on the field outside of just a cake return, it's not gonna work.
Speaker 6: To me, that kind of speaks to coaching as well, because they weren't necessarily using him in packages that fit his strengths, that fit what he was great at and his shiftiness, you know what I mean, they were just kind of running him down the middle. And yeah, if that's the plan, I obviously understand why Deuce is inactive.
Speaker 5: Yeah, since the Cowboys were into a bye week, I wanted to kind of get your thoughts on the NFC East around the league. Right now, it is the Washington Commanders setting the tone currently, dan Quinning Company putting up a forty burger on the Carolina Panthers.
Speaker 3: Now it is the Carolina Panthers. Keep it in mind, and a lot of that was not Jaden Daniels.
Speaker 5: A lot of it was Marcus Mariota. Jade Daniels goes down early. We don't really know the extensive of his injury. I don't think it's super serious from what I.
Speaker 1: Were known till today, until they talked about.
Speaker 7: The tone yesterday was that they're not believing that it's super serious, which is why he came back out to the island. He was kind of doing his DC wave to the fans and everything. But Dan Quinn also said that they'll have more information today.
Speaker 3: So I get a DC wave because he's in DC.
Speaker 5: That makes sense, or landover Maryland, but whatever, Yeah, same thing, same different. But then you've got the Commanders, followed by the Eagles who are a half game out at four and two, and then you've got the Giants or the Cowboys, then the Giants, the Eagles defeating the Giants twenty eight to three. Thoughts from the weekend, Isaiah, I know you had your eyes on it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, Washington, I think they're a good team. I don't think they've played too much competition to date. I think Baltimore Raveis is pretty much the only team that they've played that I think is Tampa. They lost New York, they won Struggling since they won so Arizona, they won Cleveland.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they haven't necessarily more.
Speaker 4: They lost those games, right, those are the two games that you would circle and say, Okay, these are the real teams either playoff teams.
Speaker 3: They lost both of those. Dallas has lost to nothing but playoff team. So they got the Bears and the Giants next. Yeah. So, I mean they have their their schedules relatively easy to date.
Speaker 4: But that's the way you want to draw it up if you're to Washington commanders, in terms of trying to get that thing on the road and get some confidence. Obviously, the Philadelphia Eagles took care of business with Saquon going completely off, which I think we all kind of could have would have predicted.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, So that is that and the Giants.
Speaker 4: Obviously we're on the receiving end of Saquon going off, So that is the NFC East.
Speaker 3: I didn't even look at his numbers. I watched the game sevent team for one seventy six.
Speaker 1: Ye nasty nasty words. That's nuts.
Speaker 6: Is he going to be a replication?
Speaker 5: He was?
Speaker 3: Didn't k back at all. He was like that, not personal at all.
Speaker 1: Personal. There was nothing personal about this. Did they when he went on the field, Yeah, they did it, but he was a stupid.
Speaker 3: I mean, he can do for them.
Speaker 6: I know he took it right, but he also he took it astride.
Speaker 4: But he played for the instrude all the way to one hundred and seventy six.
Speaker 3: Per carry exactly.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I just.
Speaker 3: Kind of wanted to get your thoughts around it, Josh.
Speaker 5: Any any thoughts on Commanders, Eagles, Giants.
Speaker 6: Commanders, Uh, They're they're doing their best twenty sixteen Cowboys impression, right. They're led by the youth. They're going out there, led by their brand new coach Cliff Kingsbury doing a great job. I think, at least for me, the the odds on favorite to win the division, I think that's I think that's it's still over Philly, And absolutely I think it's fair because of the schedule that they have.
Speaker 4: Okay that on top of it, I mean Dante Fowler is going off, by the way.
Speaker 6: Absolutely, but you look at their their WS, Giants, Bengals, Cardinals, Browns, Panthers. I mean, you gotta wait and see what this team would do in the off, in the playoffs. But part of me is like, Okay, if I'm the Commanders and you're looking at the Cowboys right now, do you really want to win the division? Do you really want to win the division and have that first play schedule next year? When you're a team building towards something, you know, it's like, maybe we'll just take these last few games on I don't know, of course not. But on the alternative is the Philadelphia Eagles, who I think are still fraudulent. I just don't granted that they handed ANELT to the Giants pretty hand, you know, handily.
Speaker 4: Right, it was easy exactly, But I just I don't see it.
Speaker 5: Are the Packers, the Saints, the Browns, and the Giants. Now they've got Bengals Jags next.
Speaker 6: And it's just Sirianni for me.
Speaker 3: They should be six and two by the time you've played Dallas.
Speaker 6: Just looking at Sirianni, I'm not a fan, not a fan. He's going off with his fans, fans, his fans aren't fans, going off against the fans last week, and then he has his kid as a shield to like block off soften the press conference that he's about to have. I mean, come on, man, guy's a clown. Sorry, but it's facts. It's frustrating to watch them inexplicably win games. They're four and two, yeah, and they're.
Speaker 5: Just like why why, Well, they beat the Browns by four, It's not like they blew out the Browns. They beat the Saints. At the time, it looked like a good win fifteen twelve. Right now, it just looks like the Cowboys had a bad loss against a Saints team that's really struggling Arizona team that they beat that you did expect them to.
Speaker 3: Be, Yeah, thirty four to twenty nine. It was in Brazil at that time.
Speaker 1: The Saints were they knocked out Jordan Love to not let me word it right.
Speaker 4: They didn't knock out Jordan Love to secure the win, but in knocking out Jordan Love, they.
Speaker 1: Helped secure the win. Yeah, they put it that way.
Speaker 6: That's fair.
Speaker 4: I think NFC eas to still wide open, super wide, it's still wide open. I do agree with josh Is saying as far as I'm looking at the Commander schedule and uh, it's it's an easier road than what the Cowboys have.
Speaker 7: What the Cowboys are up against is and just the gauntlet, it's just a full gaunlet. But there will be some interesting matchups Fultimate Bounce House. Yeah, man, there are some interesting matchups. The Commanders have to keep the eye on right. So for example, next week they host the Bears. Which version of the Bears are they hosting? So keep that in mind. Just push right past the New York Giants to just give me for anyone right now. Pittsburgh Steelers. Which version of the Steelers is that? The one that just dropped thirty seven on what's supposed to be the Jets Defense Defense High Eagles? They have the Eagles, So again that's going to be a huge one for them. November fourteenth, and then November twenty fourth, gets who they got, Dallas Cowboys. After that they got the Tennessee Titans. You don't know which Titans team you're going to get that Titans team can can get themselves a win.
Speaker 1: Saints, we don't know yet.
Speaker 7: But then they got the Eagles again, then they have the Falcons, and then they finish up with the Cowboys. So although they're remaining schedule the Commanders I'm speaking of, although the remaining schedule on paper is easier than the Cowboys, looking at it, it's not as easy as some would suspect, right, So they still have several challenges and Eagles foreign too. They escape with some wins, and to be fair, Cowboys have escaped with some wins too. But four and two versus you know, three and three versus five and two. Looking at the Commander schedule going forward, it's just it's still wide open. Man, It's still wide open.
Speaker 6: Are you guys surprised at all where the Cowboys are in the NFC East right now?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: Not really, No, it's kind of right where I expected them.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 7: Well, I didn't expect I'm not going to say I expected them at three or three. I did not expect them three. But I in the context of did I expect it would be a two or three team horse race going into the BI yoh, And that's kind of exactly what we have. I expected the Cowboys to be above five hundred, but the fact that they're within striking distance of Philly and Washington, Washington drops this game against the Bars and they're right there. See it's just three teams, So from that context, the right where I thought they would be. But I didn't think they'd be a five hundred. No, I thought they were better than that.
Speaker 3: Three and three. I was kind of right around it. If it would have been four.
Speaker 5: And two, I don't think I would have batted an eye. But there was like, no way this team's going five and one, not with this current schedule.
Speaker 3: So it's either four and two or three and three.
Speaker 5: They're at three and three, so it's kind of exactly what I've ex and they're not out of it yet.
Speaker 3: Like you said, it's wide open.
Speaker 5: There's still a long way to go, but there is a tougher schedule ahead and that's where things are going to.
Speaker 1: Really meet the road.
Speaker 3: When we come back here on Talking Cowboys.
Speaker 5: There was an article released by the staff writers at Dallascowboys dot Com, the Biology Report.
Speaker 3: If you haven't checked it out yet, go ahead and pull it up now, because.
Speaker 5: We'll use it as kind of a guide on our way down the list of some of the top questions that the cowboys need to answer in the bye week and how it's going to fare moving forwards. Some really interesting ones coming up right after this with board Talking Cowboys. If you're looking for fresh American roasted coffee that gives back, you need to head to your local grocery store and pick up a bag of Black Rifle Coffee. That's right, America's coffee is now available in the coffee aisle of a grocery store near you. Black Rifle Coffee Company is veteran founded with a mission to give back to those brave men and women who have served our nation. Every bag box or can you purchase help support that mission. Head to your local grocery store and roast yourself some Black Rifle coffee.
Speaker 9: Today, Tod thought it would be secure to jog in the Cheetah Savannah. Todd believed the big Cat repellent he bought online was reliable, and now Todd is trying to be faster than this cheetah that can run eighty miles per hour. But the good news is Todd has at and T five g. It is fast, reliable, and secure, and he learned the best thing to do is stop running and toss her the backpack with the beef stew at and t five G Fast, reliable, Secure.
Speaker 8: Five G requires compatable plan and device. Five G may not be available in your area. See add dot com slash five G for you fifty deals.
Speaker 5: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black, and right now Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order, plus Because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy lifball. Make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip.
Speaker 3: That's get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP.
Speaker 1: If you shout how about them cowboys?
Speaker 10: You have that undeniable passion that's the heart of Cowboys Nation. And if you like to drink Doctor Pepper, you love the unique blend of its twenty three flavors. Together, you're one of a kind fandom paired with the one of a kind taste of a delicious ice cold Doctor Pepper is the game day lineup that can't be beat better yet. Gather your Cowboys and Doctor Pepper fan friends to watch the next game and crack open a delicious ice cold Doctor Pepper for everyone.
Speaker 6: The wins will be even tastier. It's a pepper thing.
Speaker 3: To Talking Cowboys. Back you're on, Talking Cowboys.
Speaker 5: This portion of the show was brought to you by Quaker Oats, the official oatmeal sponsor of the Dallas Cowboys. Quaker Oats, trusted since eighteen seventy seven.
Speaker 3: Got minds in Did you really dog? Al right? Buddy good Good? By the way.
Speaker 5: The twenty twenty four Fan of the Year presented by Captain Morgan.
Speaker 3: This is a Diego feature that talked about leg I didn't want to show too much.
Speaker 5: The Captain Morgan Diego was the Fan of the Year last year was really cool.
Speaker 6: A great story.
Speaker 5: Uh and of course the twenty twenty four Fan of the Year presented by Captain Morgan.
Speaker 3: Always good to see that moving forward all right?
Speaker 11: Uh?
Speaker 5: Patrick Mike McCarthy just figured things out, he did, or not figure things out, but just walk off well, hopefull we are gonna try and figure things out, is what I was going to say.
Speaker 4: Well, ly, hopefully he figured some things out. Though I'm sleep deprived. I'm sleep deprived.
Speaker 5: It's all right, like you sure, Kyle, thanks man, appreciate it. When it comes to what he said in the press conference, what's stuck out?
Speaker 7: The injury update show what stuck out the most, So Michael Parsons, this is what Cowboys fans are going to love to hear. He is improving per Mike McCarthy, and he spent his by a week here in the building with Jim RR and Britt Brown getting rehab on that high ankle sprain. So hopefully we will see more progress from Michael Parsons as the week goes on. First practice is going to be Wednesday, uh, and on Wednesday will be when we get our first real look at the trajectory of possibly Deron Bland returned. Deron was close to turn it against the Lions, and barring any setback over the BI week, which I don't see how you would have had one, but you know, knock on the wood, he should be on track to return from IR against the San Francisco forty nine ers. Eric Kendricks will know more about him and that shoulder injury on Wednesday as well. Too early to tell per well right now, Per McCarthy and had tip to Todd Archer who was monitoring that as well. So yeah, those are the injury updates. Michael Parsons training in the right direction, de Ron Bland trending in the right direction. We will know more on both of those guys on Wednesday, as well as Eric Kendricks, which is still a TBD with a calf and his shoulder.
Speaker 5: So a lot of that transitions nicely into the Biology Just Sport Biology Report Full Assessment at the break for the Dallas Cowboys. This was written by Patrick Walker, Tommy Yarsh, Nick Eatman are the three staff riders that gave their input. They didn't ask me to do it. It's unfortunately I did not coordinate, I didn't get did not coordinate, I was not the offense feeling.
Speaker 3: I didn't call the plays all right, But we're gonna.
Speaker 5: Give our input anyways, and it's gonna start things off. Desperately need this guy back? Which guy on the Cowboys roster do you need back?
Speaker 1: Most?
Speaker 3: I'll start with you, Isaiah.
Speaker 5: D.
Speaker 3: Law Okay, why is that?
Speaker 4: Because I think the Law is the leader on defense. I think I just think that he is. I think he's the voice of reason. I think he's the them. He's not a guy that you ever have to be concerned about effort at any point.
Speaker 3: In fact, I think that he is.
Speaker 6: Look at that Kamara screen touchdown. He was the only one I was chasing him down the entire way down the field.
Speaker 4: I truly think he's underappreciated fact, and he has a tremendous impact in the running game. So I think that's the guy that you're that you miss most right now. Is he necessarily feared like a Michael Parson would be feared. Absolutely, not feared in that sense, But in terms of impact, I think he makes a tremendous impact play in and play out.
Speaker 1: He's definitely respected by offense. Correct. Absolutely, I'm going with Michael Parsons.
Speaker 6: I feel like, to piggyback off your point, Obviously, de Law helps in the run game, he helps in the leadership game. But I also feel like nobody's as afraid of anybody on this team as they are Michael Parsons. You need an actual threat on the defensive line. They offenses have to scheme for Micah Parsons, which currently any team in the league can go one v one against your guys and feel really good about it. They can run down your throat no problem. I think with Michael Parsons in there, at least you have a threat of a pass rush and you have the threat of somebody that is rangy enough to get down the field and tackle would be runner. So for me, it's Michael Parsons hands down.
Speaker 4: I'm going And those are both great answers, and I think all three of these are truthful, including probably what Cal was going to say.
Speaker 1: I'm going to Ron.
Speaker 7: And the reason I'm going to Ron Bland is number one, it's a depth issue at cornerback, but also it's it's a it's a talent issue as far as to drop off his concern. So when Deron Bland went down before the season started with the foot injury, you looked at Kaylyn Carson, you said, okay, young seat belt right into the fire. He acquitted himself well against the Browns, and then he kind of started the struggle kind of a mixed bag. Then he got injured shoulder injury, right, so that put him down at least the last two games.
Speaker 1: So what do you do? You go and get Ao, right, so Amani over Waiyan.
Speaker 7: So you go and get Ao and Ao, pleasant surprise for a couple of games.
Speaker 1: Pleasant surprise.
Speaker 7: And then Jared Goff kind of had his way, Yeah, toy with him a little bit right, talk about that deep pass right so he couldn't locate the ball and big chunk play right off the bat target.
Speaker 1: Exactly.
Speaker 7: So that's going to continue to happen with a young guy like Ao. And now you're going up against Brock Purdy and Brought Purty. A struggling and what do you do. You're a struggling quarterback. Find the weakest link, find the one you can target. Right now, it's Ao with Deron Bland comes back against the forty nine ers who you targeted. You can't target Deron, you can't target Trayvon. You don't want to target Jordan. See that puts him in the best situation, and they'll likely be without Brandon Ayuk as well. But you still have to worry about Juwan Jennings assuming.
Speaker 1: That he plays.
Speaker 7: So for me, I think this is there's no better time for Deron Bland to get back into the secondary.
Speaker 1: So for me, I'm going dB, I'm.
Speaker 5: Gonna go Eric Kendricks here, and it's mostly because of what's around him, and you saw it a little bit in the Detroit game.
Speaker 3: But it goes back to what happened.
Speaker 5: In twenty twenty four, right, I mean in twenty twenty three, whenever you didn't necessarily have the experience there. You've got guys like de Marvin Overshon, first year player in terms of actually being on the field, Mark marris lea foul rookie, actual rookie out there, Damon Clark who stepped in and tried to play a little out of position last year, but it's not really been a non factor here in twenty twenty four. And then you've got a couple of newcomers like a Buddy Johnson or a Nick Vigil who I've only been around the system for a year, year and a half. And then you've got to transfer over to the coordinators too. Eric Kendricks knows Mike Zimmer, Mike Zimmer knows Eric Kendricks, and there's a lot of trust there between the two. Without Eric Kendricks in the fold, I don't know if there's still that same level of trust from the linebackers. Specifically, I want my defensive tackles to play better. I've been very, very vocal about that upfront for the last seven months.
Speaker 3: Maybe more than that, maybe seventeen months.
Speaker 5: But I want them to play better to give this linebacking corps, which I think is really talented, an opportunity.
Speaker 3: But Eric Kendricks is the straw that.
Speaker 5: Starts to drink in terms of that linebacker room, and I think you need him back. Outside of the answers that you guys had, that's certainly one that I want to see.
Speaker 7: So you know what, the fact that every single answer was different in every single answer is the correct answer. That tells you how much trouble the Cowboys have been in to this point. As far as the depth trolie.
Speaker 6: Also, every answer was defense, and this offense is struggling.
Speaker 3: Much Ooh that's a good, good point.
Speaker 6: I mean like that to me, that shows like there isn't a lot of missing pieces on offense. Yet we're brand.
Speaker 4: It's just just connections miscommunication on a roll.
Speaker 6: It's unfortunate.
Speaker 3: Next one up, an alarming stat or trend.
Speaker 5: Alarming stat or trend. Patrick, I'll let you start, since you had the answer already.
Speaker 7: Yeah, this is an article four alarm fire type stuff. Cowboys have allowed one hundred and sixty seven combined points in their last four home games. That is poor enough for third most in NFL history over a four game span, and they've only scored eighty five points themselves during that same four game Spanikes, So you're giving up all the churches money and you're you're not getting anything on a Sunday, Yeah, on a Sunday, and you're not getting any money yourself.
Speaker 6: So there's that passing the basket around, passing, Yeah, passing the hat. Nothing to offer, nothing.
Speaker 1: Nothing to offer that. You're just letting them take everything. And that's that.
Speaker 6: I got one for you guys.
Speaker 1: Okay, ready for this. Ready.
Speaker 6: The Cowboys have own only come back from a ten point deficit in four games since Mike McCarthy has been your head coach, three of which were in the twenty twenty NFL season one. The last time we've come back from a ten plus point deficit was in December twenty twenty.
Speaker 1: Two, saying don't go down eleven points.
Speaker 6: Absolutely.
Speaker 5: We've talked about how much he's built this team to play from ahead, but I think that is an underrated storyline of how bad this team is at playing from behind ten points?
Speaker 1: Yeah, just ten. It's not a lot.
Speaker 6: That's not a lot.
Speaker 3: Man. What was that twenty twenty two.
Speaker 6: Game Philadelphia Eagles December twenty four? Say, I was thinking Philly, Philly, at least we won forty thirty four?
Speaker 3: Is that when Gardner Minshew was the quarterback?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I believe that at home against Gardner Minshew.
Speaker 1: I think so it was. It was it was the last ten point deficit. That's that's bad. That's it's pretty bad.
Speaker 3: What do you think, Isaiah? What's your alarming stat trend?
Speaker 1: Rdner mine?
Speaker 3: Okay, well, there's only one.
Speaker 4: Team worse than the Dallas Cowboys in this particular category.
Speaker 3: Can you get the team without even knowing the category? Red zone? New York red Zone?
Speaker 5: And it's uh, I'm not even talking about category.
Speaker 6: Just just Carolina Panthers.
Speaker 3: Carolina Panthers.
Speaker 4: Okay, Carona Panthers are worse than Dallas Cowboys when it comes to Russian touchdowns giving up Oh, Dallas Cowboys have given up. Dallas Cowboys have given up ten rushing touchdowns.
Speaker 1: It seems a bit.
Speaker 3: Ten rushing touch That doesn't sound good, Isaiah, it's not good. You know why is not good?
Speaker 4: Why isn't it Because if you're giving up ten rushing touchdowns, if you give it up the second most rushing touchdowns in the league, then that means that you're not controlling the line of scrimmage. Were at the bottom of the league in terms of rushing yards giving up, I said, bottom of the league in terms of rushing touchdowns giving up.
Speaker 3: Now you've faced some good rushing attacks. I'll give a dog on Saints, Ravens, Steelers, Lions. Youah the same cap spaces of the thirty one teams. I know, I know that's bad. That's rough alarming for sure.
Speaker 6: Mine doesn't sound like winning football.
Speaker 3: You're better than Carolina though, Yes, you think.
Speaker 4: They were the worst team in football, right, yeah, yeah, they are currently.
Speaker 1: You're the next door neighbor.
Speaker 6: I was gonna say, well, they just got property.
Speaker 3: They're not good folks, exactly what. That's my most alarming.
Speaker 4: I mean, there's a whole lot of other stats we can get into, but we only had time for one.
Speaker 3: I've got one right here.
Speaker 5: The Cowboys had five giveaways in Week six, their game before the bye.
Speaker 3: That's the most of any team in a game in twenty twenty four.
Speaker 4: Again most of any way, the Church's money five turnovers.
Speaker 3: Here you go.
Speaker 5: They also had their fourth and fifth red zone giveaways of twenty twenty four.
Speaker 3: Most in the NFL.
Speaker 5: That's those are two they're responding stats because they're turnovers, but they're really two separate stats that are their own separate problems.
Speaker 3: How many turnovers are in the last two games quite a bit.
Speaker 5: Through seven seven turnovers, three of which have come in the red zone.
Speaker 1: I know that one in eight quarters.
Speaker 6: When you say it like that, three and three zunds pretty impressive.
Speaker 3: Gotta say if knuck out a couple of winks, got a couple of them done.
Speaker 5: All right, let's take our first or our second break when we come back, though, this guy is better than we originally thought, and you need more from this guy, a couple more of the biology report when we come back with more talking cowboys.
Speaker 9: Todd thought it would be secure to jog in the cheat of Savannah. Todd believed the big cat repellent he bought online was reliable. And now Todd is trying to be faster than this cheetah that can run eighty miles per hour. But the good news is Todd has AT and T five G. It is fast, reliable, and secure, and he learned the best thing to do is stop running and toss her the backpack with the beef stew At and T five G.
Speaker 3: Reliable.
Speaker 8: Secure five G requires CAMPAPBA plan and device five G may not be available in your areas. SEEATD dot com slash five G FORU fifty deals.
Speaker 12: They say champions are remembered, but legends are never forgotten. United Agon Turf offers a winning lineup of John Deere equipment built to tackle any challenge on and off the field. Legendary John Deere Tractors combines residential mowers, commercial mowers, compact construction equipment, hater utility vehicles, and a full line of golf and sports turf equipment. United Agon Turf the official Agon Turf equipment supplier of the Dallas Cowboys. Visit United Dagonturf dot com to find a location near you.
Speaker 11: Hey, y'all, Matt Pittman of Meat Church here. With football season kicking off, I'm already gear enough to bring the smoker back to AT and T Stadium for some epic tailgates. But with that Texas heat, It's crucial to keep my beer handcramp and cold. That's where Yetti's insulated Colster can cooler comes in clutch this year. You can even get them with the iconic star engraved on the side. Licensed Yettie Cowboys gears now available stadium pro shops, concessions and on Yettie dot Com. Check it out today. YETI official cooler and drinkware of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 3: And we're going to overtime Erica. How much have I spent on concessions?
Speaker 13: For questions about their money? Dallas Cowboys fans can turn to Erica, the virtual financial assistant in the Bank of America mobile banking app. Learn more at Bankofamerica dot com slash Erica by your side. Bank of America, Official Bank of the Dallas Cowboys. Erica responses may very digital tools featured required downloading the mobile banking app and may only be available on select mobile devices. Erica is a mobile feature only available in the Englis language. Your chap may be recorded and monitored for quality assurance. Message data rates and additional terms may apply. Bank of America and a member FDIC.
Speaker 3: To Talking Cowboys.
Speaker 5: Back here on Talking Cowboys presented by a Black Rifle Coffee Company.
Speaker 3: This segment has brought to you.
Speaker 5: By in Visi Line, the official smile of the Dallas Cowboys. All smiles back in the building with Patrick no C Walker, Josh Rodriguez, Isaiah standback, Chris Beam in the back. I'm Kyle Yeoman's all right, this is this is the positive one.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna save that one for the last question.
Speaker 5: Then we're gonna we're gonna end on because we've been pretty negative already, but we're gonna continue being negative.
Speaker 3: This guy.
Speaker 5: You need more from so far in the twenty twenty four season.
Speaker 1: Josh, I'll start, I.
Speaker 6: Got you guys all right, who do you need to get?
Speaker 1: What you get?
Speaker 6: I'll take over from here.
Speaker 1: Okay, Mar really really all right? Oh, this segment is going to get.
Speaker 6: Interest, believe me, and we've talked about it since camp. I really like Mars lea foul however, the speed is there, but you need to see him be a little more gap discipline. You need to see him better tackling. Tackling for him. Uh, the ceiling is obviously very high for him. But Scott McCurley even said, you know, if the ceiling is high. We have high expectations for him. Got to wrap up, gotta wrap up, gotta be gap discipline, and that, to me, that's not even necessarily one of the worst negative things you can really say about him. He's still a rookie, he's still learning.
Speaker 3: You just want more out of it.
Speaker 6: Just more out of him, man, more out of him, especially when you have a guy like Eric Kendricks out.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's just that's me.
Speaker 7: Okay, I'm going to go to offense on this one and I'm going to go to ceed Lamb. I need more from Ceedee Lamb. This Cowboys offense needs more from Ceedee Lamb. We all know what Ceede Lamb is capable of top two receiver in the league.
Speaker 1: And on any given week when.
Speaker 4: He's in that top two air sometimes he's one, sometimes he's two. Right there with Justin Jefferson Seed, the Lamb can take the top off, he can be a playmaker underneath. He can do it from the slot, he can do it from the X, he can do it from the Z. Now, question is why the disconnect continually with d Prescott.
Speaker 7: Kyle made a great point last week. We're no longer talking about training camp. Now, we should not be talking about training camp, right because training camp was only thirty thirty one days long. So if you use that math, then that means that September was his training camp. Okay, but here we are in late October now and still haven't seen four quarters of dominant ceed Lamb. So when you talk about what the potential and the expectation is and he has these same expectations of himself, that Prescott has the same expectations of himself, and those two need to continue to hold each other accountable as they have been. But those two need to get on the same page, and they need to get on the same page time and again if this offense is to get going. We keep talking about Brandon Cooks has been missing, jay O lon Toober had stepped up, and Jake Ferguson. But are we having these weekly conversations about who needs to step up at WR two and WR three. If CD Lamb is his torching defense is full one point fifty, No, we're not having that conversation. So CD is him, We need to see more him in twenty twenty four because we haven't seen it yet.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was funny.
Speaker 5: I read the article from Nick Eatman over the weekend where he was talking about Ceede Lamb's production is similar than what it was last year. And I've actually brought this point up on Tuesday or Tuesday or Wednesday.
Speaker 6: And he stole the idea.
Speaker 5: He may have, I don't know. He didn't really elaborate on him the same way though. He talked about how the storyline theft the yardage. The yardage for Cede Lamb last year going into the bye week, which was also a Week seven by the way, it was four hundred and seventy five yards and a touchdown on thirty four receptions. He has thirty two receptions for sixty seven and two touchdowns. So the production wise, you look, you look at it just baseline level.
Speaker 3: Sweet great.
Speaker 5: It looks almost exactly the same as his record breaking season last year. So yes, things can turn around. The only thing that's different, actually, there are a couple things that there are different. Thirty four receptions on forty two targets last year, so he only had eight targets that went outside of being caught. This year he has fifty five targets and thirty two receptions.
Speaker 1: The catch percentage is dow.
Speaker 5: It goes from a eight yards per target this year.
Speaker 3: It was eleven point three yards per target last year.
Speaker 5: Eighty one percent catch percentage last year as opposed to fifty eight percent catch rating this year. So the production is there, it's still the same. However, the efficiency efficiency of how you get to that number, it's definitely a huge drop off.
Speaker 4: Huge gets going again, and this offense looks like a completely different.
Speaker 5: Animal completely, And it's it's not to say that he can't get there.
Speaker 7: Certainly, I believe he will get Yeah, it's just a question of win how soon, And.
Speaker 3: A lot of times you might need a run game to get him there too.
Speaker 6: But last year, I feel like the running game wasn't even necessarily that much of it. That's much more of a threat than it is this year, right.
Speaker 5: Right, But also if you think about down the stretch, there were other guys that stepped up after the bye week that took some of that pressure off, whether it was Ferguson or Cooks in the red zone down the stretch, yes, Cooks being a problem, especially in the red zone where he was catching all those touchdown passes. That was something that took the pressure off of CD Lamb. You need somebody else to emerge in order for CD to step up.
Speaker 3: But I'm with you. CD's got to step up, He's got to be better.
Speaker 4: Yeah, for sure, I don't disagree. I want to say a position group. I know I can't do that.
Speaker 3: Yes you can. I can absolutely.
Speaker 6: Do whatever the heck you want.
Speaker 4: But on man, thanks guys, offensive line, the podcast team. I mean, I don't want to just point out one guy because I feel like by pointing out one.
Speaker 3: Guy, somebody's gonna say, well what about so and so?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: The offensive line and it's in its totality is not playing very well. Dak Prescott and company has been on their back sixteen times this year.
Speaker 3: They've been on their.
Speaker 4: Back sixteen times this year while only being pressured the fourth least amount in the league in terms of SAT in terms terms in terms of blitz rate. Right, they are getting blitzed the fourth least amount in the in the league, and they have put our quarterbacks on his back sixteen times. You talk about the efficiency of Ceedee Lamb, you talk about Dak Prescott's ability to be able to do this thing out there, you talk about their running game. All these things go back, nothing happens, which is why I'm such an advocate of investing in your officeive line.
Speaker 3: Which did Dallas Cowboys organization has done right.
Speaker 4: They have three first round picks on an old line, correct, That's what I checked, So they haven't there. They've also dropped some you know, kind of swung and miss on some picks that are higher up as well on that front, so they tried. This unit has to play better this this team offensively goes as office line goes.
Speaker 3: That can't sit back and.
Speaker 4: Throw the ball confidently and comfortably and accurately without office protection. This running game, I don't care what running back you put back there, can't find a hole because there is no hole. This offensive line has to play better as a union, and I know they are saying that to themselves. I know their coach, coach Solari, is telling them that, I'm hoping to see a better product on the field.
Speaker 6: I think overall, everyone had a higher expectations for the offensive line this year, especially when you have a new, brand new group coming in some youth behind it, and then too, you know, the idea was like you could almost put any running back behind there and do relatively well, and it just has not happened.
Speaker 4: But I to that point right, just to kind of double down on what you just said. It doesn't matter who's that running back. So you gotta ask about Dalvin Cook, you got asking, you talk about about is La, you can talk about Rico Dow or you can talk about Deuce being inactive. It doesn't matter who's in the backfield, if defensive linemen are getting in the backfield or they're closing up holes.
Speaker 3: Fact, it just doesn't matter.
Speaker 1: I think that was on top of that. That might have been.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that was left coat last last week, no week before, because last week was mixed back, so week before it was that exact thing. And I'm not going to get back into the numbers, but just know that Dak Prescott is seeing a lot more pressure and he needs to perform better under the pressure. But also when he's not being pressured. But when you're talking about the offensive line, a lot of teams are getting this pressure on Dak Prescott, like Isaiah saying, without sending that extra man. So you're not even forcing teams to get home with a with a base package.
Speaker 4: That's and that's what's alarming. That's that's why I bring up that status. You know the fact that you know, the pressure rates not crazy, but the sacks are. You know, he's sacked. He's been on his back sixteen times. Now, that's not the Cleveland Browns have been sacked thirty five times.
Speaker 3: It's not that bad.
Speaker 4: But sixteen is a lot. Sixteenms a lot. You start talking about six games and it ain't sweet, No, it's not. And you know you started talking about Dak stats. You know, I was just we're just mentioning it here and even just Dax's offensive passing stats, we have eight touchdowns and seven interceptions.
Speaker 3: The protection matters. Yeah, you're talking about a quarterback.
Speaker 4: You're talking about an offense that used to lighting up the scoreboard in the passing game.
Speaker 3: This is not that right.
Speaker 1: Now, Yeah, it's not.
Speaker 5: It's not the same team, not the same offense, not the same everything. And it's probably starting up front in the trenches. But before we sign off on talking Colo, let's end, I know, let's end on.
Speaker 3: A high note.
Speaker 5: Who is one guy that has stepped up and been better than you anticipated going into the year.
Speaker 4: Patrick mirrors leaphil Oh. That's why I say this is going to be a fun stay.
Speaker 6: So look at the stats, Buddy, and I liked it.
Speaker 7: Look at the look at the film, Buddy so lea fhile. So this this is the good thing about this question. And here's why everything you said has has. I appreciate you, thanks credence, even though you you know, have the science.
Speaker 1: I'm going I'm not going to go to Josh Route because I am not a hater.
Speaker 4: Everything you said, everything creator, But this is a perspective question, right And the reason I say marysla foul is because this is a rookie who came in and when he came in, we knew all the hype rightfully, so was for Eric Kendricks, de Marveon overshow those two guys, and you figured Demon Clark would factor much more into it because Mary slea Foule, he's a.
Speaker 1: He's a rookie. Mostly special team, that's what we're thinking.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, Well, through the first six games, outside of Eric Kendricks getting hurt, maryor Sleefoule has pushed the mone Clark into a closet.
Speaker 7: As far as snap count is concerned. Mayor slea Foule in only six games became the green.
Speaker 1: Dot for Mike Zimmer. Yeah are you serious?
Speaker 7: Nick Vigil was available against the Lions, and it was still maryor clea foul, huge nod to his football at been in football like you so, and then you look at just he's imperfect because he's a rookie. That's why say everything you said is correct. He still has a ways to go as far as learning and being the next era well being.
Speaker 3: Eric being more productive too. He only has ten tames.
Speaker 7: That being said, the question is one who's shown me a lot already. Yes, contextually speaking, I thought that he would be a special teamer and we would see more of merit in twenty twenty five post Kendricks, Like I said, he pushed a mon Clark in the closet, he pushed Nick Vigils in the closet as the green dot rookie through six games.
Speaker 6: I think that's fair. But I think since training camp it's been it's we've should We've seen that he got on the depth chart starting linebacker.
Speaker 1: And overshown started, granted, but like since then we.
Speaker 6: Were like, oh, this guy's a guy, this is a dude. My I think we have the same answer in a way because it's like I've seen it.
Speaker 1: Perspective question, it's perspective perspective.
Speaker 6: I see what he can do, and I know that he can be better.
Speaker 7: Yeah, And and both the answers are correct. Yeah, I think they can be once he needs to improve, wondrous ones he needs to improve. It's also true in my perspective that he's playing above his grade right now.
Speaker 1: That is where I'm saying.
Speaker 3: All right, Isaiah, Who's one guy.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna say. I'm gonna say to marviy On Oversham. I mean I'm not I mean not Dmo. Sorry, I like him too, but I'm gonna say sorry, Da Moon Clark. Oh, interesting, we're staying with here, you know what.
Speaker 3: I'm saying Damon Clark.
Speaker 4: The reason being because he's had he's been in and out. Obviously he had the one game where he played a substantial amount just because Eric Hendricks was gone. But Damon Clark has one hundred and thirty five snaps and he has twenty three tackles. Eric Hendricks has more than double those snaps and has just double the tackles. So as we talk about how impactful Eric Kendricks has, efficiency efficiency is exactly the same.
Speaker 3: So shout out to him, just to clear up those stats.
Speaker 4: Eight you want snaps for Eric Hendricks and fifty two tackles and demonk Clark hundred and thirty five snaps in twenty three tackles. Okay, Eric Hendricks has an eighteen and a half percent tackle percentage, DeMont Clark has a seventeen percent tackle percentage. Damon Clark is the second best tackler on your team right now statistically.
Speaker 3: Yeah, stepping up it's a good thing.
Speaker 4: Kind of good. Yeah, good thing, kind of good. I like it to making age opportunities that were given to him.
Speaker 6: What you got, Josh uh Cooper BB Okay, I would say Cooper b B, I think.
Speaker 3: May give me the BB exactly that.
Speaker 6: No, and especially with how he started a camp, the snaps were not there. He was losing out to uh Rockffin. Brock Coffin, thank you very much. And we were at that point we were like, oh well, it's brock Coffin's job, you know what I mean. At the very first week of camp.
Speaker 3: We're like, oh, well, it was gonna have the hill for him.
Speaker 1: The yeah, he climbed it.
Speaker 6: This is gonna be rough. He wasn't stamping snapping the ball very well, and he corrected that in a matter of week.
Speaker 3: It was crazy.
Speaker 6: It's pretty impressive, and he has not missed a step on the field this week this year. It's pretty incredible how vigilant he was in getting that spot and not giving it up.
Speaker 3: How Nick vigil and.
Speaker 1: Oh sorry, and linebackers as well.
Speaker 5: Now, it would really be like a cold transition if I would have said Nick Vigual was my guy who I liked what I saw from, But that's not what it was. Pretty now, it's Tyrus Wheat for me, a guy who is basically a perennial practice squad guy. He was a practice squad player. He really wasn't thought of out of anything outside of special teams. Kind of like the same thing you talked about with marys lea foul earlier. He was a special teamer or a practice squad deactivation, whatever it may be.
Speaker 3: He was just tinkering on being even active on game day. Well, he stepped up.
Speaker 5: With your top four edge rushers out, you needed somebody to be good. He hasn't necessarily been great, but he's been serviceable, and that's all I can ask for from Tyrus Wheat went round right now. He pressures six tackles over the last two games. He's had thirty five snaps defensively and forty one snaps defensively. He's done a decent job in terms of tackling. He's done a decent job in terms of run defense and trying to set the edge as much as possible. It's not perfect, nor is he expected to be the starter whenever something else happens from an injury perspective and these guys start coming back. No, but I do like what I've seen from Tyrus Wheat, and it's a lot more than what I expected going into it.
Speaker 3: Like Tyras, I'm gonna go with Wheat. Also think he's been good on.
Speaker 1: Film and respected the game against the Steelers.
Speaker 4: Will every time Tyros Whet touches and touches the field, he catches your attention. He does something from the preseason to the regular season. Yeah, that's more you can say about a lot of people.
Speaker 3: He's aggressive, dude, he is all right.
Speaker 1: Love to see it.
Speaker 5: That does it for us here on Talking Cowboys Tomorrow, we're gonna be taking your phone calls. Eighty eight eight five five two two nine seven, So give us a call, Cowboys Nation. Isaiah's already on the phone line. He's ringing it in the back. So that way Beamer can answer it for Josh Rodriguez, for Isaiah stand Back, for Patrick No C.
Speaker 3: Walker and Chris Beam in the back. I'm call Yomas saying so long from Talking Cowboys. We will see you tomorrow.
Speaker 2: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.